Stores > Deep Discount

• Deep Discount

Product & services pricing Rating 6.25/10 6.25/10

Never again

"Long time member, Long story short-- I ordered a 6 disk movie set from Deep Discount, it took them 2 months to ship to me. By that time I did not have time to watch them. 5 months later I finally got around to watching the movies only to find out that Disk 1 & 2 played with no problem however Disk 3-6 did not and kept erroring out. After repeatedly pleading with them that the DISKS were defective weather I played them day 1 or 5 months later, they would not play. They refused to refund or exchange stating that the warranty had run out and there was absolutely nothing they could do. I am furious about their lack of concern of the faulty products they are peddling to customers, not to mention the $50 I lost. They will not get another dime from me and EVERYONE should avoid Deep Discount at all costs because if thing go wrong, you are on your own. They can take months to ship an item but you only have 30 days to see if it works."

This review was modified by gibbyson on September 21 2016 06:55:16 PM

Never again, former long time customer... Very disappointed

"Same story as others, I ordered 3 items... They took 30 days to ship 2 of 3 items. The other item was out of stock --- they charged me in advance. They took 30 days to ship 2 items, the 3rd item was out of stock...
I will Never purchase from them again! Still waiting on refund for the 3rd item that "is out of stock" and they never shipped--- yet they charged in advance...

This review was modified by jeffrmit on September 10 2016 01:43:12 PM

Deep Discount Doubles Down

"Similar story: longtime Deep Discount customer, spent thousands in the past, put up with their backorder/preorder bait & cancel, and noticed them coordinating with other DirectToU “competitors” to the point where deals are now few and far between. But those rare deals were still good enough to keep ordering until recently.

I ordered four items. They could only get one, but cancelled the order instead, sending a vague email. I later asked about the order status, and they lied about why they cancelled the order, claiming the title was no longer in their database. I pointed out that it was in stock, and I wanted it for the same price (they had increased the price). They told me to reorder, and then they would refund the price difference. I reordered at the new price of $34.45, the original price was $29.99, so the difference was $4.46. They replied that my refund was only $0.77, but I could cancel if I wanted to. I told them if they could not refund $4.46, I wanted to cancel. Oops, it already shipped, but I could return it at my expense. Maybe add some insurance, in case it gets lost.

So how did they calculate the $0.77 refund? They used the discounted price (not the advertised price) from the original order. There was a $5 off $25 promo code that was allocated between the four items originally ordered. Okay, not using the advertised price was misleading, but the other three items were out of stock. The $5 discount should have been reallocated to the one item they could obtain. Deriving value from goods or services not provided is more than just fraud; it’s theft. I disputed the charge on my credit card and got my $4.46 refund by winning the case.

So you can hold your nose and place your order. Just hope you never have to deal with customer service. They will gleefully draw you in and then pull out the rug, doubling down with each exchange.

UPDATE: Won the battle, but lost the war. Import CDs is now cancelling my orders because they fail to get credit approval. Turns out they use the same DirectToU customer service unit, and I can’t get approved until I knuckle under. Call me old-fashioned, but I’d rather not do business with people who routinely scam their customers.

This review was modified by tslack2 on October 16 2016 05:50:17 PM

Pray that your orders arrive...

"...because if not, you have just two choices:

1) Accept the loss and take the risk to order again from deep discount

2) Get a refund and they'll block you from further orders right after

that's what "Deep Discount" understands as Customer Service.

And thats what happened to me. Over the past two years i placed 1-2 large orders at Deep Discount every single month. And one of them did not reach me. I've waited for almost two months till i contacted the customer support. They did not reply. So i contacted them trough paypal. They did not reply. It forced me to escalate it to a paypal claim. After a week they sent the refund, without any message, any note. As i still wanted the items i ordered i placed another order a few days later. But, Surprise, a few hours later my payment gets refunded. Again without any explanation. So - again i wrote to the customer support and this time they replied! After a few days i received a short mail, telling: "As you filed a paypal claim "ON" may we cancel all your orders and block your account".

I am mail ordering for almost 25 years. Never ever i have seen such an impolite, unprofessional style. They blame everything on the customer and make very clear that they think the customer is a cheater. Unfortunately Deep Discount is the cheater (selling new items as used on ebay, to pay lower taxes, right? Already reported this issue to the authorities).

So think twice before you order there. Any order is completely on your own risk. They do not have a customer support, and run like a little private seller on ebay. If you have any problem, they will say that you cheat. Obviously this company is run by rude, harsh, incapable people. Also prevent buying CDs from the "Collector's Choice" Label, which is run by these people too.

After trying to resolve the issue with them i got the following replies:

1. "We apologize for the inconvenience. If you have any questions or concerns about your order, please do not hesitate to contact us. We will do our best to satisfy your costumer service needs."

2. "We apologize for the inconvenience, due to previous accounting issues your account has been flagged."

does that make any sense? These are cheap standard replies which have nothing to do with the issue.

So, again: Don't dare to ask them for help if there's an issue with your order. They will only block you, and will make very clear that they don't believe you. Disgusting behavior. It's sad that online shopping has a bad reputation because of sellers like this.

This review was modified by Berensiana on June 16 2016 01:57:16 AM

Credit card fraud

"I used deep discount to order a cd and now I have like 6 fraudulent charges on my account and had to cancel my card I would check whatever card you used and make sure they are not being used. "

"I just had a bad experience with DeepDiscount.com via Amazon when they sent me the wrong DVD even though the packing slip showed the correct order. I tried calling their 800 customer service number and they had someone who was trained poorly and didn't know how to handle the problem. I was told to send an email via the Amazon site and someone would get back to me. Well, the email I got said to return the DVD and go to a website and print out the return shipping label. However it's their policy not to send replacement DVDs. Who knows how long it will take to get the refund? Despite their low prices I won't go back to them ever. It's not worth the trouble!!!"

"Most horrible experience I have ever had on Amazon was caused by DeepDiscount when I ordered 2 James Bond DVDs. I receive 3 childrens DVDs that had a packing slip for someone in another state. They obviously put my shipping label on someone else's package & it will take an act of Congress and 3 Chinamen to get DeepDiscount to resolve the issue. They have trainees handling these issues who don't have a clue what to do. God help you if you ever order something from these people. I've emailed the several times through Amazon and directly through their own website & they still don't understand what they did. I guess English is now a second language."

This review was modified by wonderman on December 04 2014 12:52:30 AM

"I have been shopping here for around ten years. Up until last month, I had no problems. Recently, the difference between their prices and those of their competitors has been equal to (or less than) the hassle one encounters in dealing with their abysmal customer service. Last month, I had to beg for my money back after they were unable to fulfill a pre-order. (Even then, they initially sent a partial refund, withholding tax for an item they never shipped.) This time around, they lost my order altogether. I actually had to forward them the order confirmation email I received, so that they would know what I purchased. I had sent payment via PayPal, but Deep Discount had zero record of my order in their database. (Fortunately, the PayPal invoice was also itemized with what I bought.) In my experience, customer service answers emails once per day (if at all). And If you're brave enough to order from Deep Discount, be sure to pay through PayPal. I'm reasonable, and I have never had to return or exchange anything. Even so, I'm never buying from them again.

EDIT: When I received my order, I was only sent one of the two records I purchased (even though both were purported to have shipped under the same tracking number). They apologized for failing to ship the other and informed me that they would ship it as soon as it was back in stock. Out of stock? When I placed my order, the shipping confirmation said it was not only in stock but that it had shipped to me. Were they just going to keep my money and pretend they sent me the record? Is this place run by third graders? I immediately asked for a refund. I've found they apologize for "any inconvenience" a lot, but much of their behavior is tantamount to theft.

This review was modified by lowflyingjets on October 17 2014 07:50:00 AM

"I purchased three items with their discount code. The code was applied to the order in each screen until after I hit the submit button, which then reflected the full price. When I contacted customer support they were horribly rude, refused to honor the discount code, and lied to me about when the order was placed.

I requested a refund to my paypal account, and they refunded me for 1 of the 3 items. When I called back to explain the issue, they claimed they would be sending out two additional refunds, and then added another while I was on the phone for the tax portion of the bill. It is IMPOSSIBLE to send more than 1 partial refund in a Paypal purchase (let alone 4 separate refunds!), Paypal customer service confirmed this and I had to file a dispute to attempt to receive a full refund on this purchase. Their customer service is not just pathetic and rude, they are incompetent and possibly acting with criminal intent.

"I placed an order with them Saturday evening then changed my mind and tried to cancel Sunday morning, 12 hours after the order. I got a "form email" from "Brandon" one minute later that it was too late to cancel, even though the order isn't scheduled to be shipped for 2 days. I am soooo sorry I have tried to do business with them; never again"

"I placed an order for Movie for Overnight Delivery so I could have the Movie for Sat night for my daughter's birthday party to watch. The order was placed by 1pm CT per the policy to have it shipped that day. They charged my credit card same day, however the item did not ship until next day. The email I received that had the Fedex tracking number kept coming up Invalid for 2 days. After calling Fedex directly on Sat, the package was still not at Fedex, obviously its not being delivered today. VERY DISAPPOINTED!! I'll NEVER order anything from this site again."

"I placed a movie order through Amazon the 2nd of June. The seller agreement was to get the item in the mail within 2 business days. A week later, I was notified by Amazon that the order had not been mailed. I emailed the seller. 2 weeks later they emailed back and said they were sorry that I wasn't satisfied and would notify their manager. A week later I emailed them again to check on the status of my item. They emailed back and said they cancelled my order. "

This review was modified by Donotorderfromthesepeople on June 24 2014 09:36:42 AM

"One of the best for years, which is why I rated them 2 stars instead of only 1. I gave them thousands of dollars worth of business over the years. I recently returned a defective blu-ray and they claimed they never got it and refused to replace it. Stupidly on my part, I did not use a tracking number for the return. This is maybe the 2nd defective disc I have ever returned to them after being a customer for years, so it is obvious I am not trying to abuse the system or defraud them. They would rather throw away all my future business than replace an $18.00 item? So be it. Good riddance."

This review was modified by Burgomaster on March 21 2014 11:00:44 AM

"Deep Discount DVD shot to the top of low price, free shipping dealers on the web when they first appeared. Now that a few years have passed the competition has started to catch up. However when I went to buy a Blu-Ray of It's A Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World and everywhere I checked it cost more. So back to DeepDiscount for the best deal. They have always shipped fast, stood behind what they sell and if you need to return it - handled it quick. I recommend them as one that you check for price when shopping for a DVD deal. It's what they do, almost the only thing.

"Terrible company! Don't use! They can't answer simple questions and don't keep customers informed of anything."

This review was modified by Jcamaral on February 18 2014 03:23:29 PM

Share Deep Discount's store rating

Deep Discount is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Deep Discount is not a merchant member
Deep Discount does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!