• Rating 1.50/10 277 reviews

Deep Discount is not a merchant member
    Deep Discount does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!
  • Deep Discount contact information

Product & services pricing Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 0.94/10 0.94/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.88/10 1.88/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.94/10 0.94/10

"One of the best for years, which is why I rated them 2 stars instead of only 1. I gave them thousands of dollars worth of business over the years. I recently returned a defective blu-ray and they claimed they never got it and refused to replace it. Stupidly on my part, I did not use a tracking number for the return. This is maybe the 2nd defective disc I have ever returned to them after being a customer for years, so it is obvious I am not trying to abuse the system or defraud them. They would rather throw away all my future business than replace an $18.00 item? So be it. Good riddance."

modified review This review was modified by Burgomaster on March 21 2014 11:00:44 AM

"Deep Discount DVD shot to the top of low price, free shipping dealers on the web when they first appeared. Now that a few years have passed the competition has started to catch up. However when I went to buy a Blu-Ray of It's A Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World and everywhere I checked it cost more. So back to DeepDiscount for the best deal. They have always shipped fast, stood behind what they sell and if you need to return it - handled it quick. I recommend them as one that you check for price when shopping for a DVD deal. It's what they do, almost the only thing.
L.

"Terrible company! Don't use! They can't answer simple questions and don't keep customers informed of anything."

modified review This review was modified by Jcamaral on February 18 2014 03:23:29 PM

"Customer service - TERRIBLE.

Have purchased from Deep Discount for a few years (probably less than $40/year). Shipping slow, some cancels, but usually okay.

Jan 2 of this year (2014) ordered 3 DVDs. Checked the confirmation email - right titles, right price.

When they arrived, my son opened them and tried to play them - 2 were fine. 1 would not play. When I looked - it was a BlueRay.

Went back to my confirmation email - they charged me for DVD, but shipped BlueRay --- my player does not play BlueRay.

Called 3 times (because each agent told me that return policy does not cover opened items and needed a manager "who wasn't there just then" to authorize return).

I pointed out to each of them that item was correct, and the price was correct for DVD, not for BlueRay.

Eventually, I realized that they were not going to help - have contacted my CC company and am posting on 3 sites.

If you have a problem with an order -- GOOD LUCK!!

modified review This review was modified by PaulSScott on January 27 2014 02:00:33 PM

"I ordered $200 worth of DVDs from DeepDiscount and the box arrived in a bag. It had fallen apart since DeepDiscount apparently uses old banged up boxes that aren't properly taped.

The box was completely empty. I contacted DeepDiscount customer service and was told to take it up with USPS. USPS said that it was the responsibility of the shipper to make the claim, not the customer. So I contacted DeepDiscount again and they said that weren't going to make the claim to USPS and I should take it up with my credit card company.

I've purchased thousands of dollars worth of DVDs from DeepDiscount and this is how they treat me. I won't be doing business with them any longer.

modified review This review was modified by transist0r on January 17 2014 11:57:51 AM

"I placed an order for a book in early December. On December 19, they billed my PayPal account. On Dec. 26, I contacted them for information and was told the item was discontinued, and I requested they cancel the order and issue me a refund. I was told I would receive my refund in 5-10 days. I called back after 5 days and 10 days and was told to just keep waiting 5 more days. Eventually, they suggested the issue was not their problem and the real problem is with PayPal, so I opened a dispute that was immediately elevated to a claim. Five days later, I receive an email from them saying that they were canceling my order because PayPal would not pay them even though the order was cancelled on 12/26/13 at my request because they can't fulfill the order...DO NOT Purchase from this website! They have horrible customer service. They seem to not be able to communicate between departments. They are unethical!"

modified review This review was modified by Lat33 on January 15 2014 09:36:45 AM

"Just called 1-800-264-5076. Melissa the agent kept me on hold for 30 min on and off. Placing me on hold in the middle of my sentence. Telling me that 2 supervisors are on a meeting and one couldn't take my call. She refused to tell me the name of that supervisor that wouldn't take my call. And finally hung up on me. I was calling because they canceled my order and didn't even inform me. I am going to post this all over the internet until I get an answer."

modified review This review was modified by netoinbox on December 20 2013 02:40:22 PM

"I placed an order on 12/2/13 and paid with PayPal. It's now 12/10/13 and the order is still listed as "Processing." I emailed them to check on the order and they said that they are waiting on payment. How can you place an order without paying for it??? I emailed them back to tell them that I received the payment confirmation from PayPal when the order was placed. They never responded. Then, yesterday I called DeepDiscount. They told me that they were having internal problems with PayPal and to call back tomorrow. I checked my order and it's still listed as "Processing." AVOID DeepDiscount. I wish that I would have avoided them!"

modified review This review was modified by LarryInMS on December 10 2013 02:32:30 PM

"I ordered a book 5 days ago. The transaction went through my paypal account. I checked today, 5 days later and the book is on back order. Never received any email notification and no means to cancel the item. In order for me to have to go through the buyer protection at paypal which means I now have to wait 7 days. I will never go with a site that is not reputable again. I will em send pay the extra shipping to have the item sent from Dick Blick who at least has a good reputation."

"DO NOT ORDER FROM DeepDiscount, they are the worst. I tried to cancel my order twice through them and both times they failed to do so. Unfortunately they charged my credit card before hand (another red flag), so this was even more of a hassle to deal with. They shipped the items that I wanted to cancel and are forcing me to ship them back or they will charge my card. I was on the phone for almost an hour just to get nowhere on this situation. What kind of company has a policy of repeatedly lying to their customers just to make a sale? Please save yourself the trouble and avoid this company at all costs."

dartfever's Avatar
Sunnyvale, California

"After my last disappointment with Deep Discount in January of this year, I was swayed back because of their low prices on several specific blu-rays I had been looking to purchase for some time. Realizing it was a crap shoot, I took the chance on them cleaning up their act, and I was pleasantly surprised!

I ordered four titles in November 2013, and they arrived within a week in perfect condition; granted it was shipped from California to California, but it was still considered prompt. They were well-packed in a cardboard box with cushioning, and exhibited no signs of mishandling. Frankly, I was shocked! Is it possible that Deep Discount has been actually listening to the complaints of their past performance, or did I just get lucky?

My only quibble was that the tracking number they initially provided was covered over by another series of digits when actually shipped, perhaps because of them selecting a different carrier service; it would have been nice if they had notified me of the change. Overall, a very satisfying experience this time around; cautiously recommended!

modified review This review was modified by dartfever on December 04 2013 05:01:24 PM

"By far the WORST company I have EVER had to deal with.
This is one of MANY companies registered to:
"C D LISTENING BAR, INC"
United States
949-225-1170 Phone
866-666-1170 (Toll Free)
949-724-5162 Fax
866-666-5162 (Toll Free Fax)
ht tp://www.infinityresourcesinc.com/about_us.asp
The Video Collection
Infinity Entertainment Group
i-Serve Direct Commerce Services
etc...

"Terrible costumer service, My item that was instock some how after paying went to backorder, and now i'm worried they are gonna steal my card information to rip me off later.

DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM NO MATTER HOW CHEAP IT IS. GO TO AMAZON AND SPEND TWO MORE DOLLARS SO YOU ACTUALLY GET YOUR PRODUCT AND DONT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT IDENTITY THEFT.

modified review This review was modified by AshleeKnotts712 on January 04 2013 07:52:19 AM

"I too wish had read these reviews before ordering. My order was through Buy.com where DeepDiscounts.com is a Marketplace seller. Since I trust and (so far) have not had problems with Buy.com, I placed the order without hesitation for a water filer for one of our refrigerators. This was on 12/19. It said it was to ship within 1-2 business days and my card was immediately charged. As of today, 12/27, it still shows as "processing." I sent my first email to them on 12/22 to find out when it would ship and no response. Sent my second one on 12/24 telling them to cancel the order and no response. Sent another email yesterday AND spoke to Buy.com's customer service (who said they would take care of this via the seller) and still no response! After waiting until 1:30pm EST today and not hearing anything from either company, I called DD directly. Sure enough, after my cancellation requests and other emails, they shipped the item anyway. However, I spoke with Elizabeth who said they would go ahead and refund my card for me and let me keep the item. Fine. That part went better than expected. But when I told her about the reviews on this site dating back a few months and they should take a look, she just made another excuse for why they didn't get my emails and didn't seem to care. This is a "family business" who clearly has become too big and can't handle their orders. "

"Absolutely kicking myself for not reading these reviews before placing my order with deepripoff, I mean deepdiscount.com. Placed my order 21 days ago, and STILL have not received my item. And, when I checked order status, I saw that they unilaterally cancelled one of my items without notifying me. But, they still charged my paypal for it!

The tracking number they sent me reflects no activity from the usps other than notice that the item was being dropped off to usps on November 28th - 8 days after the order was placed!
And, there is no way of contacting deepscammers other than by email.

STAY AWAY FROM THESE THIEVES!

modified review This review was modified by Robozepp on December 10 2012 07:42:44 AM