Product & services pricing Rating 7.50/10 7.50/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.25/10 1.25/10

Deep Discount User

"I purchased three items with their discount code. The code was applied to the order in each screen until after I hit the submit button, which then reflected the full price. When I contacted customer support they were horribly rude, refused to honor the discount code, and lied to me about when the order was placed.

I requested a refund to my paypal account, and they refunded me for 1 of the 3 items. When I called back to explain the issue, they claimed they would be sending out two additional refunds, and then added another while I was on the phone for the tax portion of the bill. It is IMPOSSIBLE to send more than 1 partial refund in a Paypal purchase (let alone 4 separate refunds!), Paypal customer service confirmed this and I had to file a dispute to attempt to receive a full refund on this purchase. Their customer service is not just pathetic and rude, they are incompetent and possibly acting with criminal intent.

AVOID THIS COMPANY AT ALL COSTS!!!!!!!

Deep Discount User

"I placed an order with them Saturday evening then changed my mind and tried to cancel Sunday morning, 12 hours after the order. I got a "form email" from "Brandon" one minute later that it was too late to cancel, even though the order isn't scheduled to be shipped for 2 days. I am soooo sorry I have tried to do business with them; never again"

Deep Discount User

"I placed an order for Movie for Overnight Delivery so I could have the Movie for Sat night for my daughter's birthday party to watch. The order was placed by 1pm CT per the policy to have it shipped that day. They charged my credit card same day, however the item did not ship until next day. The email I received that had the Fedex tracking number kept coming up Invalid for 2 days. After calling Fedex directly on Sat, the package was still not at Fedex, obviously its not being delivered today. VERY DISAPPOINTED!! I'll NEVER order anything from this site again."

"I placed a movie order through Amazon the 2nd of June. The seller agreement was to get the item in the mail within 2 business days. A week later, I was notified by Amazon that the order had not been mailed. I emailed the seller. 2 weeks later they emailed back and said they were sorry that I wasn't satisfied and would notify their manager. A week later I emailed them again to check on the status of my item. They emailed back and said they cancelled my order. "

modified review This review was modified by Donotorderfromthesepeople on June 24 2014 09:36:42 AM

"One of the best for years, which is why I rated them 2 stars instead of only 1. I gave them thousands of dollars worth of business over the years. I recently returned a defective blu-ray and they claimed they never got it and refused to replace it. Stupidly on my part, I did not use a tracking number for the return. This is maybe the 2nd defective disc I have ever returned to them after being a customer for years, so it is obvious I am not trying to abuse the system or defraud them. They would rather throw away all my future business than replace an $18.00 item? So be it. Good riddance."

modified review This review was modified by Burgomaster on March 21 2014 11:00:44 AM

"Deep Discount DVD shot to the top of low price, free shipping dealers on the web when they first appeared. Now that a few years have passed the competition has started to catch up. However when I went to buy a Blu-Ray of It's A Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World and everywhere I checked it cost more. So back to DeepDiscount for the best deal. They have always shipped fast, stood behind what they sell and if you need to return it - handled it quick. I recommend them as one that you check for price when shopping for a DVD deal. It's what they do, almost the only thing.
L.

"Terrible company! Don't use! They can't answer simple questions and don't keep customers informed of anything."

modified review This review was modified by Jcamaral on February 18 2014 03:23:29 PM

"Customer service - TERRIBLE.

Have purchased from Deep Discount for a few years (probably less than $40/year). Shipping slow, some cancels, but usually okay.

Jan 2 of this year (2014) ordered 3 DVDs. Checked the confirmation email - right titles, right price.

When they arrived, my son opened them and tried to play them - 2 were fine. 1 would not play. When I looked - it was a BlueRay.

Went back to my confirmation email - they charged me for DVD, but shipped BlueRay --- my player does not play BlueRay.

Called 3 times (because each agent told me that return policy does not cover opened items and needed a manager "who wasn't there just then" to authorize return).

I pointed out to each of them that item was correct, and the price was correct for DVD, not for BlueRay.

Eventually, I realized that they were not going to help - have contacted my CC company and am posting on 3 sites.

If you have a problem with an order -- GOOD LUCK!!

modified review This review was modified by PaulSScott on January 27 2014 02:00:33 PM

"I ordered $200 worth of DVDs from DeepDiscount and the box arrived in a bag. It had fallen apart since DeepDiscount apparently uses old banged up boxes that aren't properly taped.

The box was completely empty. I contacted DeepDiscount customer service and was told to take it up with USPS. USPS said that it was the responsibility of the shipper to make the claim, not the customer. So I contacted DeepDiscount again and they said that weren't going to make the claim to USPS and I should take it up with my credit card company.

I've purchased thousands of dollars worth of DVDs from DeepDiscount and this is how they treat me. I won't be doing business with them any longer.

modified review This review was modified by transist0r on January 17 2014 11:57:51 AM

"I placed an order for a book in early December. On December 19, they billed my PayPal account. On Dec. 26, I contacted them for information and was told the item was discontinued, and I requested they cancel the order and issue me a refund. I was told I would receive my refund in 5-10 days. I called back after 5 days and 10 days and was told to just keep waiting 5 more days. Eventually, they suggested the issue was not their problem and the real problem is with PayPal, so I opened a dispute that was immediately elevated to a claim. Five days later, I receive an email from them saying that they were canceling my order because PayPal would not pay them even though the order was cancelled on 12/26/13 at my request because they can't fulfill the order...DO NOT Purchase from this website! They have horrible customer service. They seem to not be able to communicate between departments. They are unethical!"

modified review This review was modified by Lat33 on January 15 2014 09:36:45 AM

"Just called 1-800-264-5076. Melissa the agent kept me on hold for 30 min on and off. Placing me on hold in the middle of my sentence. Telling me that 2 supervisors are on a meeting and one couldn't take my call. She refused to tell me the name of that supervisor that wouldn't take my call. And finally hung up on me. I was calling because they canceled my order and didn't even inform me. I am going to post this all over the internet until I get an answer."

modified review This review was modified by netoinbox on December 20 2013 02:40:22 PM

"I placed an order on 12/2/13 and paid with PayPal. It's now 12/10/13 and the order is still listed as "Processing." I emailed them to check on the order and they said that they are waiting on payment. How can you place an order without paying for it??? I emailed them back to tell them that I received the payment confirmation from PayPal when the order was placed. They never responded. Then, yesterday I called DeepDiscount. They told me that they were having internal problems with PayPal and to call back tomorrow. I checked my order and it's still listed as "Processing." AVOID DeepDiscount. I wish that I would have avoided them!"

modified review This review was modified by LarryInMS on December 10 2013 02:32:30 PM

"I ordered a book 5 days ago. The transaction went through my paypal account. I checked today, 5 days later and the book is on back order. Never received any email notification and no means to cancel the item. In order for me to have to go through the buyer protection at paypal which means I now have to wait 7 days. I will never go with a site that is not reputable again. I will em send pay the extra shipping to have the item sent from Dick Blick who at least has a good reputation."

"DO NOT ORDER FROM DeepDiscount, they are the worst. I tried to cancel my order twice through them and both times they failed to do so. Unfortunately they charged my credit card before hand (another red flag), so this was even more of a hassle to deal with. They shipped the items that I wanted to cancel and are forcing me to ship them back or they will charge my card. I was on the phone for almost an hour just to get nowhere on this situation. What kind of company has a policy of repeatedly lying to their customers just to make a sale? Please save yourself the trouble and avoid this company at all costs."

dartfever's Avatar
Sunnyvale, California

"After my last disappointment with Deep Discount in January of this year, I was swayed back because of their low prices on several specific blu-rays I had been looking to purchase for some time. Realizing it was a crap shoot, I took the chance on them cleaning up their act, and I was pleasantly surprised!

I ordered four titles in November 2013, and they arrived within a week in perfect condition; granted it was shipped from California to California, but it was still considered prompt. They were well-packed in a cardboard box with cushioning, and exhibited no signs of mishandling. Frankly, I was shocked! Is it possible that Deep Discount has been actually listening to the complaints of their past performance, or did I just get lucky?

My only quibble was that the tracking number they initially provided was covered over by another series of digits when actually shipped, perhaps because of them selecting a different carrier service; it would have been nice if they had notified me of the change. Overall, a very satisfying experience this time around; cautiously recommended!

modified review This review was modified by dartfever on December 04 2013 05:01:24 PM

Deep Discount is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Deep Discount is not a merchant member
Deep Discount does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!