Stores > Deep Discount

Chance of future purchase: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
    Customer service: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 4.00/10 4.00/10
Voice your opinion! Review Deep Discount by clicking a star below.

Valley Bend W.V
2017-04-20

Excellent

"I have purchased from here many times and every order had been well packaged and shipments have always been ahead of schedule. "

2017-04-05

A ****, Anthony Cumia, is the main sponsor for this company.

"I was going to buy DVD's as a birthday present for my grandfather of this site, until i found out who its main advertiser was. Anthony Cumia, in clips that can easily be found on YouTube, fantasizes about 13 year old girls. He's done it on his old radio show Opie & Anthony, and just a few weeks ago on his show on CompoundMedia.com. I suggest anyone who is against supporting a **** take their business elsewhere. Also, look up the terrible reviews this store has gotten and you will know this scheme of a company is most likely owned by the **** himself Anthony Cumia."

2017-04-04

Best dvd seller around

"Fastest service, best prices, great customer service. Compound media is the best rb is lame all he does is watch other peoples shows for his show. "

Oh ****, dis **** gotta ****

"My **** **** DVD came scratched."

NO PROBLEM HERE.

"A review from someone who DOES NOT live in there parents basement , jerking off to kiddie ****, spending all day trolling the internet, hoping people would respond in someway to some stupid comment that I made on reddit/twitter/facebook, etc...because my only interaction with people is thru a computer screen.......

Let me say again, IM NOT one of "those people"...... Im a guy who has a job, has a mortgage, a wife, etc,etc ,
you know , a real person..... I really dont buy DVDs anymore , but I needed to get a DVD for my wife for a trip we were going on... So I thought I would try DD ....well I ordered 1 , paid for it, received it a couple days later in the mail, .... no problem.

Thanks Deep Discount

"Bought the game of thrones 1-2-3 seasons for a great price, they arrived on time & I enjoyed every episode. I was brought here by The Gavin McInness Show. #Uhuru"

2017-04-02

Great Site

"Never heard of them before hearing their spots on the Anthony Cumia show. Since then I've been using them to buy my PS4 games and haven't had a bad experience yet. Thanks Deep Discount "

2017-03-30

sad

"can't believe they take advantage of naive consumers."

2017-03-30

Not good

"Referred by the Anthony Cumia show..never again..."

2016-12-20

The Closest To Outright Crooks i Have Encountered On Amazon

"NEVER buy from these people. They shipped me completely the wrong DVD- i doubt that the employee has any grasp of the English language and is probably an "undocumented" Syrian welcomed by Obama. They wanted me to pay return postage. Then ignored 14 e-mails asking for my refund. I reported the incident to my local Police Dept and finally today i got my $16.00 refund. Unbelievably crap attitude. Deserve to go out of business asap."

2016-11-29

Highly recommended

"Ordered a number of obscure DVDS.10 days later arrived at my home in country Australia.Best service I have ever had.Also cheap as chips.Give this company a go."

2016-09-21

Never again

"Long time member, Long story short-- I ordered a 6 disk movie set from Deep Discount, it took them 2 months to ship to me. By that time I did not have time to watch them. 5 months later I finally got around to watching the movies only to find out that Disk 1 & 2 played with no problem however Disk 3-6 did not and kept erroring out. After repeatedly pleading with them that the DISKS were defective weather I played them day 1 or 5 months later, they would not play. They refused to refund or exchange stating that the warranty had run out and there was absolutely nothing they could do. I am furious about their lack of concern of the faulty products they are peddling to customers, not to mention the $50 I lost. They will not get another dime from me and EVERYONE should avoid Deep Discount at all costs because if thing go wrong, you are on your own. They can take months to ship an item but you only have 30 days to see if it works."

2016-09-10

Never again, former long time customer... Very disappointed

"Same story as others, I ordered 3 items... They took 30 days to ship 2 of 3 items. The other item was out of stock --- they charged me in advance. They took 30 days to ship 2 items, the 3rd item was out of stock...
I will Never purchase from them again! Still waiting on refund for the 3rd item that "is out of stock" and they never shipped--- yet they charged in advance...

2016-07-17

Deep Discount Doubles Down

"Similar story: longtime Deep Discount customer, spent thousands in the past, put up with their backorder/preorder bait & cancel, and noticed them coordinating with other DirectToU “competitors” to the point where deals are now few and far between. But those rare deals were still good enough to keep ordering until recently.

I ordered four items. They could only get one, but cancelled the order instead, sending a vague email. I later asked about the order status, and they lied about why they cancelled the order, claiming the title was no longer in their database. I pointed out that it was in stock, and I wanted it for the same price (they had increased the price). They told me to reorder, and then they would refund the price difference. I reordered at the new price of $34.45, the original price was $29.99, so the difference was $4.46. They replied that my refund was only $0.77, but I could cancel if I wanted to. I told them if they could not refund $4.46, I wanted to cancel. Oops, it already shipped, but I could return it at my expense. Maybe add some insurance, in case it gets lost.

So how did they calculate the $0.77 refund? They used the discounted price (not the advertised price) from the original order. There was a $5 off $25 promo code that was allocated between the four items originally ordered. Okay, not using the advertised price was misleading, but the other three items were out of stock. The $5 discount should have been reallocated to the one item they could obtain. Deriving value from goods or services not provided is more than just fraud; it’s theft. I disputed the charge on my credit card and got my $4.46 refund by winning the case.

So you can hold your nose and place your order. Just hope you never have to deal with customer service. They will gleefully draw you in and then pull out the rug, doubling down with each exchange.

UPDATE: Won the battle, but lost the war. Import CDs is now cancelling my orders because they fail to get credit approval. Turns out they use the same DirectToU customer service unit, and I can’t get approved until I knuckle under. Call me old-fashioned, but I’d rather not do business with people who routinely scam their customers.

2016-06-10

Pray that your orders arrive...

"...because if not, you have just two choices:

1) Accept the loss and take the risk to order again from deep discount

or

2) Get a refund and they'll block you from further orders right after

that's what "Deep Discount" understands as Customer Service.

And thats what happened to me. Over the past two years i placed 1-2 large orders at Deep Discount every single month. And one of them did not reach me. I've waited for almost two months till i contacted the customer support. They did not reply. So i contacted them trough paypal. They did not reply. It forced me to escalate it to a paypal claim. After a week they sent the refund, without any message, any note. As i still wanted the items i ordered i placed another order a few days later. But, Surprise, a few hours later my payment gets refunded. Again without any explanation. So - again i wrote to the customer support and this time they replied! After a few days i received a short mail, telling: "As you filed a paypal claim "ON" may we cancel all your orders and block your account".

I am mail ordering for almost 25 years. Never ever i have seen such an impolite, unprofessional style. They blame everything on the customer and make very clear that they think the customer is a cheater. Unfortunately Deep Discount is the cheater (selling new items as used on ebay, to pay lower taxes, right? Already reported this issue to the authorities).

So think twice before you order there. Any order is completely on your own risk. They do not have a customer support, and run like a little private seller on ebay. If you have any problem, they will say that you cheat. Obviously this company is run by rude, harsh, incapable people. Also prevent buying CDs from the "Collector's Choice" Label, which is run by these people too.

UPDATE:

After trying to resolve the issue with them i got the following replies:

1. "We apologize for the inconvenience. If you have any questions or concerns about your order, please do not hesitate to contact us. We will do our best to satisfy your costumer service needs."

2. "We apologize for the inconvenience, due to previous accounting issues your account has been flagged."

does that make any sense? These are cheap standard replies which have nothing to do with the issue.

So, again: Don't dare to ask them for help if there's an issue with your order. They will only block you, and will make very clear that they don't believe you. Disgusting behavior. It's sad that online shopping has a bad reputation because of sellers like this.

Share Deep Discount's store rating

Deep Discount is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Deep Discount is not a merchant member
Deep Discount does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!