• Decor Island

Chance of future purchase: Rating 6.25/10 6.25/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 6.67/10 6.67/10
    Customer service: Rating 7.14/10 7.14/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 4.17/10 4.17/10

"I want to thank Decor Island for the persistent resolution to a defective item we received. We ordered a medicine cabinet from DeCor Island in late February. It arrived in the time expected (around 3-4 weeks). We opened the box and checked for noticeable damage. Not seeing any we closed the box until the remodel progressed to the appropriate point. That point didn't happen until about 1 1/2 months later. At that time, we completely unwrapped the cabinet and saw that one of the front corners was rounded. As all the other corners are square it really stood out.

We called the manufacturer direct because it was obviously a factory defect. However the manufacturer said we had to go through the retailer. So we called Decor Glamour, Andy took the incident and pursued resolution. I did have to take some photos and describe the issue, which is understandable.
Just now we received a brand new vanity direct from the manufacturer. And it is perfect. Thanks so much for the responsiveness.

"I had the opportunity to have a business transaction with
Joe Spiegel, a Sales Representative with your company. His quick knowledge of my need, professionalism and friendly, courteous nature was fantastic. All telephone transactions should be this easy and fun. Thank you, Joe!

"The customer service at Decor Island is outstanding! I was looking for a particular out-of-production faucet. They not only had it in stock on their computer, but they went so far as to confirm that it was actually in the warehouse (and not just a mistake in the inventory system)! I waited on hold for a longer period of time, but I was updated REGULARLY that they were still there and were still completing the research. They also took my phone number to call back in case we got disconnected. I am MORE THAN PLEASED with the service from Decor Island, and I will shop them again! They went above and beyond!"

"Ordered a shower arm. It is a specialty item that is brass with a brushed nickel finish. Their price was very competitive and they had it in stock, which was a huge plus for me.
2 days later they emailed and called saying that they needed to 'verify my order'. When I spoke with them, they told me that the item was in fact not in stock. But they had a chrome one - could I use that???? (are you kidding??) When I said no, he asked if he could send me an 8 inch one - mine is 18 inches. (again, are you kidding?? If I had wanted chrome or shorter, I would have ordered that)
Then they billed me on 3/20. Two weeks later, on 4/3, I finally asked about the status. They told me it was due to ship on that Friday, 4/3. As of 4/7, I have no shower arm, they still have my money, and I have no shipment notification.
This is duplicitous at best. How many others have they used the old bait and switch on? Never, never again.

"Terrible customer service. I ordered two toilets on a Wednesday morning and paid a lot extra to have them overnighted to me. When they didn't show up by Friday I called them up. I sat on hold for 10 minutes and finally hung up. Then I called back later that day and they had apparently closed up shop early (before the business hours they stated on their phone message). I also sent an email with my concerns to them that day. I got a order confirmation quickly, but no tracking info. By Monday when it didn't show up in the morning, I decided to call again. Turns out nothing has shipped and the product I bought was discontinued (even though they still list it on their website). Who knows how long I would have been waiting if I had not finally gotten a hold of them."

"I found the best price for a KWC faucet at decorisland.com but I had never ordered anything from them before. I called to check availability/feel the company out. I spoke to Joe, who said availability wasn't a problem and I would have it in 10 days. Here we are, 7 days later and this well crafted device is sitting in my hands. I am very pleased with the overall experience and will definitely shop here again. Now I can spend the cash I saved buying this faucet on something more interesting than, you know, a faucet."

"Great Service! and a timely turn around...Joe was very pleasant and went above and beyond. "

"I have to give a hearty thanks to Joe at Decor island who made sure that I got my item shipped immediately and in my hands withing 3 days. And, just in time for Christmas! I was late on ordering and he totally understood, and made it happen for me. He worked with me directly to ensure he had the right item, and he made special efforts to send it in a blank box so my husband's surprise would not be ruined when the box arrived. I had nothing but excellent service from Decor Island, and I will use them again."

"good customer service. My ordered item was discontinued. Eli found a substitute item and gave me the same pricing. "

"The item was sent to me was 7750-SP-BN. I ordered 7705-SP-SN. I need satin nickel not brushed nickel. Also, the design is much different but th finish is so much that one can notice. I would like to return the spray for a full refund. I placed the order months before the item arrived and my plummer was only available this week."

Rep reply posted Feb-03-2015

DecorIsland-CS, Decor Island rep has responded

“Thank you for the order and we apologize for the inconvenience. While this was an oversight in our shipping department, as soon as you called us about this we issued you an RMA, a full refund, and a prepaid label to return the item. We're sorry again for any inconvenience this may have caused.”

"Joe S was very courteous and ensured that I received my waterstone faucet within my time frame "

"This is the worst online shopping experience after I placed an order with Decor Island. There is no response almost 3 weeks and no email reply, no one pick up phone call after more than 30 minutes waiting in the waiting list."

"Stay away! These people are horrible. Bought part for my steam shower that took forever and charged me an arm and a leg. When it did not work , I sent it back to them. They are now trying to charge me a restocking fee? Not on the Invoice or confirmation? Had to get my credit card company involved to fight for my money back! "

"Where is my order? It's been almost three weeks for your free shipping. The costumer service is also non existent."

"Ordered on a Thursday morning, was told it would be delivered by the following Friday. Now I call to check on the order the Wednesday before delivery, because I have received no tracking info. They are on Holiday in the middle of October until the Monday until after the product is due. Company needs to make deadlines if they are going to take vacation. It's fine if you can't work due to a religious holiday, but you need to meet people's deadlines or at least communicate issues."

Share Decor Island's store rating

Decor Island is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Decor Island is a merchant member
Decor Island participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 2,715 merchant members.