• Address: 175 Ambassador DriveNaperville, IL 60540
    • Contact: cs@dartek.com
    • Phone: 888-432-7835
    • Customer Support: 800-326-0614
    • Business Hours: Sales: M-F 7:30am-6:00pm CSTCustomer Service: M-F 8:00am-5:00pm CSTTech Support: M-F 7:30am-5:00
    • Fax: 800-808-1106

"Let me tell you about their fraudulent evaluations that they give themselves. They used to have such a bad rating because of their service that they made their employees write their own reviews.

They would not work with customers who needed orders charged or shipped at certain times. They also DO NOT REFUND.

If something is broke it must go to the Manufacturer!!!

There were a lot of money lost because of customers being denied purchases and alot of them went to pricewatch.com to fortunately find a better price and experience.

I'm just want customers to have a great experience. Don't waste your time or money with bad companies. My personal experience is Do not order from any Systemax companies such as Dartek, Global, TigerDirect. Though I have heard some customer that liked Global and TigerDirect. I have made purchases from those Companies and never had a bad experience.

But I feel personally at risk if I'm purchasing from a Systemax company.

I would rather look into the following two companies:

http://www.pricewatch.com (Competitively priced items ranking from cheapest to most expensive, which includes shipping and handling.)

http://www.newegg.com (A great company, which is popular amongst Computer Techs. I have found cheaper prices and lower Fedex Saver shipping at NewEgg some times. I have made many purchases from NewEgg and it will be my second source for a product after I search for it at http://pricewatch.com )

"Thanks a lot for cancelling the order after your web site told me that you had the items in stock and customer service told me that I was at least going to get one item. I sincerely doubt I'll be back to order from your company.

Thanks for nothing.

"I recently placed an order for the same IBM T21 refurbished notebook as "yunchu", and experienced the following:

>> easy website ordering
>> good price
>> reasonable shipping/handling charge
>> prompt email acknowledgement
>> prompt shipping
>> notebook condition & performance excellent

All in all, it was a very good experience.

"placed order for a HP film Scanner (Photosmart S20xi)..called prior to placing order to confirm that the product was new (as the price was REALLLYYYY low)..rep confirmed in stock status and product as being new but being liquidated..placed order on 18th June, 2003..received shipment confirmation the same night..received product on 21st June, 2003. Everything as mentioned..no problems at all..will definitely buy again based on this experience."

"I purchased IBM T21 refurbished laptop from dartek.com for $699, and it arrived after one week. After I opened the box, I found that the laptop makes horrible noise when turned on, outside cover is dirty(glue like thing that is hardly removed), point stick mouse is dirty (grey instead of red).

I buy this refurbished product becasue I think IBM made laptop should work properly and look clean at least as a refurbished one. Otherwise I can buy a used one from ebay in less than $500.
I am really disappointed with this laptop. So I called dartek and they arranged pick-up (they told me it is not returnable, good thing dartek paid for pick-up) and sent it back to Metro Business Systems from where Dartek got this product.

Dartek.com should provide at least working and clean product as a refurbished one, especially if it's not returnable. Now I only hope that the distributor will replace hard drive (which makes noise I was told by repair store).

UPDATE 6/22/03:
The laptop arrived on June 18 after two weeks. Nothing is repaired or fixed. So I contacted Dartek for return, and they promised full credit back to my account including shipping fee and arranged pickup the next day. Customer representative replies my email very promptly.

UPDATE 7/18/03:
The credit is posted on my credit on July 12. I am happy about this even it took almost 3 weeks. Not many on-line businsee stores really want to listen to the customers today.
Although I wasted my time on this, I would like to recommend Dartek for its kind customer support and after-sale service.

modified review This review was modified by yunchu on July 18 2003 06:13:40 PM

"On a Saturday I ordered a Sony DRU-500X, which was almost impossible to find anywhere except for a few stores that were selling it at $50 to $80 more than Dartek. On Monday someone from Dartek called to confirm my order (and did not ask me to buy anything else - unlike some other sites). The order shipped that day by UPS and it was delivered on Friday. This meets all my criteria for a great store - products I want, good price, and fast delivery. I had never ordered from them before and only ordered because they had a good rating here. "

"Great place to buy from...affordable prices, fast shipping."

"Ordered 2 sticks of RAM after searching on Pricegrabber. Ordered on 04/04 after finding it was in stock, at a price less than the Dartek direct price. So far so good. I received the obligatory Email order confirmation immediately. On 04/07 I received a SPAM bargains at Dartek email. On 04/08 I received an email stating that items are on backorder, no delivery date specified. Merchant is quick to SPAM and prices aggressively to get your order, but doesn't stock items. Don't waste your time. "

"was a little disapointed. ordered a camera, was told it would ship in 7 days, called 10 days later and was told that item would ship in one to two weeks. Cancelled that item. other items were shipped from several locations. Staff was courteous, and made no attempt to upsell.

modified review This review was modified by taronger on February 03 2003 07:51:09 PM

"Purchased in stock items according to web site which they don't have in stock and never notified me of such. They are dishonest. Stay away!"

"I've never had a problem with Dartek after a couple thousand dollars worth of orders. My account exec stays in touch and helps if I screw up something on a web order. Their site does not have item descriptions a lot of times so I go to CDW.com to get them. Dartek's prices are the same or slightly more than CDW's even when both offer personalized pricing."

"Got a call saying they needed confirmation to send product. when I called back they never responded or answered phone. when i finally got someone they said I'd recieve it on the 30th which is 1 week later. never recieved product. I called and cancelled my order on 12/30/2003. They never apologized or tried to make ammends. I will never purchase from this company again and will not refer it to my friends."

Chicago

"Ordered two 3M Optical Mouse Pads. They came very quickly from their warehouse which happens to be located only about 30 minutes from my house. They were well packed too."

"Staff at Dartek has no problem ignoring acceptable TechIMO forum use policies."

"I have had nothing but a good experience with Dartek.

I have recommended them to all my friends. They have a web site that is easy to navigate, and my orders have always been delivered quickly and have been correct.

I have compared with other sites, and Dartek is very competitive with their prices.

Dartek.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Dartek.com is not a merchant member
Dartek.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!