• Daily Steals

Chance of future purchase: Rating 0.91/10 0.91/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.13/10 2.13/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.60/10 0.60/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 0.18/10 0.18/10

"Wow, I wish I would have seen this site before I bought a laptop from Daily Steals. I didn't notice that buried down in the description was: Condition: Refurbished.

Yes, my bad for not reading ALL the details, but really? Way to BURY THE LEAD! Perhaps that should be stated in the Title?

So you can imagine when it arrived, I was very surprised to see what I was thinking was a new computer as an old, banged-up one.

Not wanting to go through the torturous return process, I decided to make the best of it. I got it all set up and my kids were all using it. They were pretty happy because this was their first computer.

At four months it just died. Completely. It would not start. I tried reinstalling and repairing the operating system, but there was apparently some bad hardware on it.

The warranty was only for 90 days, so I was only a month past. I'm not sure there is a single human on the planet that thinks a laptop should only work for 120 days.

Here was their enthusiastic reply:

"Thank you for getting back to me!

I apologize for the inconvenience!

We’re unable to accept a return past the warranty. Once it expired we’re not accepting returns, no exceptions.
We give customers reasonable time to return an item if there are any problems with it.

Thank you for your understanding.

If there is anything else I can assist you with, please don’t hesitate to ask. I am happy to help!

Sincerely,

Alexander and the Daily Steals Team"

They said they will not allow a return or exchange. No exceptions. When somebody tells you "that's just our policy" or "no exceptions" please remember that's code for F-OFF.

It's also a code for "why would you be stupid enough to ever shop with us again?", assuming your request for them to bend the rules was not unreasonable.

They're unwilling to help, even if it means that I'm going to go on line and cost them tens of thousands of dollars in sales because I'm on a mission now. Here I come Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Consumer Affairs, etc. Join me everybody!!

They even admit that they are thieves, just look at the link to the product:

Look at the last part of the link: im-ma-thief

Crazy! They are brazen about it!

I used to look at their web page almost every day and buy stuff several times a year. I don't understand why they would want to piss off customers and risk losing future business when it would be simple and inexpensive for them to just exchange the laptop or give a credit.

Then instead, I would be making a post about how great they were and that they had a loyal customer for life.

This review was modified by dangolthing on June 12 2015 04:08:37 PM

"Worst online seller EVER! Worst customer service EVER! I ordered Beats earphones. The description DID NOT mention that these earphones work ONLY with HTC phones. Needless to say, they did not work with my iPhone.
I contacted them several times requesting a return. I never got a reply back.
These people just wanna make as much $$$ as possible till they are in business.
Never buying from them ever again.

This review was modified by pm_mm1 on June 05 2015 07:24:07 AM

"TERRIBLE customer service, no response to several attempts at resolution for item that arrived damaged, requested a replacement item, no interest in taking care of customers"

"Awful service. I ordered a refurbed macbook in March which arrived defective. I emailed them within 15 minutes of opening the package to arrange a return for a refund. Multiple unanswered emails and still nothing. The UPS tracking shows they signed for the package on April 8th, its now May 18th. My credit card company has to now deal with getting my money back. Do not order from this site, I will never again and I let everyone I know not to either. "

This review was modified by edalan99 on May 18 2015 05:08:42 PM

"Horrible customer service. Have filed a claim with Paypal as my product was never sent and they refuse to answer emails. "

"Worse company ever!!!! There so called Manager, Gabriela is a joke! She has no skills to run a company, or a customer service department. Speaking to her is like pulling teeth, zero human contact skills. I feel bad for this company, and wish them mercy as they go down in flames. "

Upstate NY

"Avoid this Company like the Plague. I ordered a Refurbished Cell Phone that can not be charged. When I contacted "Daily Steals" that the phone is broken they responded " After reviewing your order, we have decided that no action will be taken at this moment because:
- As your order was shipped by the supplier and not from our warehouse, we are unable to proceed with this order normally. Please contact returns@freedompop.com to process a return.
(From their Web Site) What is your return policy for cell phones and tablets?

Damaged, defective, or incorrect items can be returned within 30 days of receipt. If it’s defective, it must be a manufacturer defect and not damage caused by misuse, abuse, or neglect. All items must be returned with original packaging and accessories. Upon receipt, your return will be processed. If the item is defective, damaged, or incorrect, a full refund will be provided. If the item is not defective, damaged, or incorrect, a 15% restocking fee and the cost of return shipping will be deducted from your refund. If the item is missing original packaging and/or accessories, a 15% restocking fee will be deducted from your refund.

FreedomPop was sorry to hear it and that is the last I have heard from them. I turned this over to PayPal and hopefully they will be able to get some results as neither Company will reply!

"I ordered a headset a month ago and it still hasn't arrived. I've emailed the company a few times and do get responses but they are not satisfactory (basically, just wait longer). I emailed them this morning requesting a refund. I know not every company can ship as quickly as Amazon but a month is ridiculous."

"Just like many, many other, I was stupid enough to order from this company. What was advertised as a "New" ipad, was received in a generic box, not Apple packaging, and a generic charger. After several emails and threats, they finally sent me a return authorization in early February, 2015. I shipped the return on 2/14/15, they finally acknowledged it on 3/11, saying they had issued a refund and the credit would appear within 1 to 5 days, but a month later, nothing."

"Nothing but grief from this seller of used (so-called refurbished) or counterfeit defective crap! Their "surprise box" that I fell for had only three items, none of which were of any use to me. It was a 'surprise' allright. Like the kid that got a lump of coal in his sock at Xmas. "

"I don't know where to even begin with this worthless company. AVOID this company. Do not give them one dime of your hard earned money. We ordered a tablet and it arrived and powered up. Once you removed the power supply it would shutdown instantly. Contacting them...was a nightmare...I contacted my credit card company and opened a dispute. My awesome credit card company took care of EVERYTHING and we won the dispute. PLEASE don't fall prey to this nasty company. They will take your money and then avoid you so you can return the product. "

This review was modified by rebeccalauterbach on April 02 2015 05:11:48 AM

"Do yourself a favor and AVOID this website! They have caused a LOT of headaches and a LOT of people to lose money and I 'm one of them. Their claim of "new" with a 1 year warranty is SUCH A LIE. They have not returned any of my emails and I've quit trying to contact them. "

This review was modified by wmitch3647 on April 01 2015 05:02:41 AM

"I bought some things and they delivered but the 3rd time I made a purchase,i have not received my package neither a reply after several efforts to contact the customer service for refunds. Beware!! Scam. 30days now no refund,and my order was not delivered."

"The item I received was not as pictured. I'd seen: lightning cable; I received: 30-pin cable. It took 10 days to arrive to my US location (Massachusetts).

I wrote customer service and received a personal reply, and a refund, within 4 hours.

I have bought other things from Daily Steals and I have been pleased with what I bought, they were as described and shipping was prompt.
One mark of a good company is the quality of the products they sell; another is how well they handle adverse situations. Based on my experience today they receive high marks in the handling of their mistakes.

"The price was good. I researched and couldn't beat it. The item arrived in a weak and a half. It was as advertised. However, they have NO customer service. No order confirmation even though they immediately charge you. Only way to confirm that they have the order is to have an account and check your order on their site. No invoice to save for warranty purposes. No way to print an invoice at their site. No response to emails - just a form saying they'll get to you and don't email again or it will delay things. I paid by PayPal so I thought I had SOME protection. I'd never buy from them otherwise."

Share Daily Steals's store rating

Daily Steals is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Daily Steals is not a merchant member
Daily Steals does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!