• Dabs.com

Product & services pricing Rating 2.00/10 2.00/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 0.50/10 0.50/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.88/10 1.88/10

"I found the voucher code on their own website which for £40 online that didn't work so I contacted customer support on the 14th to ask for help. After 2 days they replied saying that they have none to give and there were no plans to release a new one. Therefore on the 16th I bought my laptop, then on the 18th I saw they had voucher codes on there website for the exact same amount of £40.

I therefore contacted customer support via e-mail explaining that I thought it was very bad practice to lie to a customer just to earn an extra £40. Although they admitted that they could understand how I felt they said they wouldn't do anything. I then called them because I found it ridiculous and very bad practice to customers. I was told the same thing as I was told in the e-mail so I asked to speak to a manager to which the answer of course was "he is busy". I then requested a call back on my number to which he assured me would happen. However as you can guess I still haven't received any call from them (going on 2 days now)

This is a terrible way to run a company, it seems they are all about short term gain rather than getting a good reputation and gaining a long term repeat customer.

I have two good friends that were also looking to purchase laptops from this company and now they said that they will be looking elsewhere if this is how customers are to be treated.

modified review This review was modified by DanielHCC on April 22 2015 12:22:23 PM

"I've used them in past, years ago, and they were fine havn't used them in a long time so thought I'd try them again...

Things have really gone downhill. Once you place order you cannot cancel as your email login and password are removed from their system. Its impossible to phone them as "our employees are currently in staff training(!)" - permanently. No order confirmation email either they appear to operate in silent running mode presumably to avoid any contact with customers at all.

I've had to escalate with PayPal to try and get them to respond. Appalling service.

DO NOT PURCHASE FROM DABS.COM UNLESS YOU WANT A SEVERE AMOUNT OF HASSLE.

modified review This review was modified by ADissatifisfiedCustomer on February 16 2015 07:29:32 AM

"Just to join all the others, this company is a joke. bought a refurbished IPad which was listed at 64GB, i received it and on the box it said 64GB but in the settings it was in fact 16GB. given my amazement i googled the model number to confirm and yes indeed it was 16GB. what a f*** up. rang customer service again the usual arrogance, nothing is our fault oh simple error. these guys are pathetic. stay away."

"Disgusting Company, customer service is non existent neither is their regard for consumer rights.
I ordered a Laptop as a gift for my daughters birthday.
It arrived faulty and upon contacting DABS I was informed by Ben that I should not be bothering them with the problem but the manufacturer!!!!
Twice I arranged to return the faulty product less than 24 hrs after receiving it and twice Ben cancelled my collection because when I filled out the online return form I put goods unwanted. May I highlight this is the ONLY way you can obtain an RMA number in order for goods to be collected for return. If your honest enough to inform them it arrived faulty they just refer you to return to manufacturer at your own expense.
Would also like to highlight that whatever communication you have with their customer service, they delete after.
On every single occasion I had the misfortune of contacting them they asked me to provide every single detail again despite me speaking to the same person on each occasion.
To prove a point I asked him to forward my emails back to me and they could not provide them. My query was then passed to the customer service manager 'Heidi' whom asked me to explain everything again, including my address, order number, etc. I told her to refer to the seven emails I had sent that morning but she replied that they were unavailable but didn't know why !!!
To the end, she arranged collection of said laptop next morning and once this was done, sent me an email informing me I would not be seeing my refund this year, they have certain procedures to follow in order to refund.
I paid through Paypal (very wise decision). got onto them , claim was escalated within hours and my money refunded in five days after Dabs refused to respond to them.
Please avoid this company at all costs.

modified review This review was modified by Spooney9 on December 28 2014 02:39:08 AM

"I purchased two WD Red hard drives from Dabs and one turned out to be faulty. I emailed them and they replied with:

We have a process in place with our colleagues at Western Digital please contact them in the first instance as often the issue is something that can be resolved with technical assistance. Please contact the manufacturer on the below;
If the item is deemed faulty, you will be provided with a fault reference number and asked to return the goods to the manufacturer for inspection, they will either fix or replace your goods under the terms of the warranty.

I contacted WD who gave me an RMA number to return the drive. A few days later I received a recertified drive through the post. Basically another word for reconditioned. I phoned them explaining I had returned a brand new drive but they responded that my rights with the manufacturer are not the same as from the place of purchase. They say they have no process in place with dabs, or any other reseller for that matter and that dabs have basically shirked their legal responsibilities. I purchased a brand new drive from dabs and am now stuck with a reconditioned one. I have been buying from dabs for over fifteen years now but this is the first time I have needed and aftersales service only to be fobbed off. I have reported this matter to trading standards and will never ever deal with this company again. Needless to say all emails to this company since their initial response have been ignored.

Think carefully before using this company.

"I was really dissapointed with this website - they say one thing and do another. I paid for next day - i didnt get next day. They blamed UPS - it turns out it was their fault. I was promised by customer service to receive a refund - no one confirmed this and i never received one. They said they would return my emails - i have never received any correspondence from them. Customer service was really rude to me - instead of easing our communication they became combatant & rude but then hung up on me.They said it would take 12-14 working days to get a refund!! Unreliable, rude, and unprofessional. they stole my money. I will not shop from them again. They made no attemps to correct their mistakes."

Dabs.com User

"Terrible returns procedure for good that are faulty when delivered. Plus its slow.
Wanted a refund but they have now sent a replacement and are telling me that if I reject the delivery then the goods will be lost and that I'm responsible for the cost of both the delivery and the lost goods.

"Used to be a great firm but now..? They couldn't sort out a problem of their own making without creating another three!

Item ordered was faulty and dangerous. They took 2 weeks to confirm it was faulty, over a week just to say they'd even got the item back. They told me 2 weeks response was documented in their T&C (it was not).
They sent out a replacement to a completely different address, then refused to admit they'd made a mistake. Told me it was their policy to send to the original order address, yet that is what they hadn't done.

Point-blank refusal to accept responsibility for anything.
Terrible, don't-care attitude from everyone I spoke to.
Will never use again.

"How to describe Dabs? Bureaucratic, inefficient, insenistive and unresponsive. You send them emails and rarely get a reply. While their pricing is always good, it can usually be found cheaper elsewhere, but their greatest failing is customer service. Last year I was doing a computer build and ordered about £1,700 worth of product. They messed up the order so much I ended up cancelling £1,000 of the order and placing the business elsewhere. I gave them a chance again this year and placed an order for 2 hard drives. After a day they still had not processed the order so I tried to telephone them only to find that they close their customer service lines at 5pm. So again I cancelled the order and placed it with another retailer and saved £15 in doing so. Dabs has a great range of stock but just seems incapable of providing any sort of service to its customers. It is going to have to adapt or fail."

"Very poor customer service, on the site it said the goods would be in stock in 1-3 days so i thought hey they are £10 cheaper, sounds good. A month later i am still waiting, they have taken money out of my account and there is no sign of my goods, apparently they are still in not stock but wont cancel my order! I am disgusted and will never shop with them again and i urge anyone reading this not to either."

"I ordered a part (Akasa Vortex Hi Performance Lo Noise VGA Cooler) from DABs.COM which their site claimed should fit my computer graphics card (an nVidia 9600GT). It didn't. When I asked them to take it back, they insisted that I pay £7.95 (the product price was less than £12), even though they were at fault for providing an inaccurate description.

I tried to add a review of the product on their website, to alert other people to the possibility that the product may not fit their graphics card and the attitude of DABS to returns, but it was not published. If this is indicative of their behaviour, it's obvious that the reviews they publish on their site are biased.

Personally, I wouldn't trust them an inch and definitely won't be doing business with them again.

"Always find them 100%. Their returns policy is also excellent!"

modified review This review was modified by tiel.holdstock on November 02 2009 01:18:55 AM

"I tryed to place an order for a Sony TV and encountered problems getting my card authorised. I emailed them but didnt get a reply. I then tryed to contact them by phone and couldnt. Eventually I got an email that didnt solve the problem. I then sent them an email asking for them to ring me but they didnt. I then gave up and ordered the TV from http://www.digitaldirect.co.uk who delivered it the next day. "

"Ignorant, lazy, disinterested and cheeky enough to lay the blame on paypal. they charged £6.50 for delivery - no choice. failed to part post what was in stock despite slipping due dates - for over a week! and then decline payment on a verified paypal account!? all the while practically ignoring me, probably with one hand tied behind their backs too.
NICE WORK GUYS!

"Absolutely abysmal ordering experience. They appear to have a third-party company that asks for sensitive information (not the credit card number though) already entered securely on their website to be sent to them over e-mail, with no way of contacting anyone over the phone. In the end I got what I wanted for a better price from another vendor and I'm sure I will never use DABS again."

Share Dabs.com's store rating

Dabs.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Dabs.com is not a merchant member
Dabs.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!