Product & services pricing Rating 4.38/10 4.38/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.25/10 1.25/10

"Disgusting Company, customer service is non existent neither is their regard for consumer rights.
I ordered a Laptop as a gift for my daughters birthday.
It arrived faulty and upon contacting DABS I was informed by Ben that I should not be bothering them with the problem but the manufacturer!!!!
Twice I arranged to return the faulty product less than 24 hrs after receiving it and twice Ben cancelled my collection because when I filled out the online return form I put goods unwanted. May I highlight this is the ONLY way you can obtain an RMA number in order for goods to be collected for return. If your honest enough to inform them it arrived faulty they just refer you to return to manufacturer at your own expense.
Would also like to highlight that whatever communication you have with their customer service, they delete after.
On every single occasion I had the misfortune of contacting them they asked me to provide every single detail again despite me speaking to the same person on each occasion.
To prove a point I asked him to forward my emails back to me and they could not provide them. My query was then passed to the customer service manager 'Heidi' whom asked me to explain everything again, including my address, order number, etc. I told her to refer to the seven emails I had sent that morning but she replied that they were unavailable but didn't know why !!!
To the end, she arranged collection of said laptop next morning and once this was done, sent me an email informing me I would not be seeing my refund this year, they have certain procedures to follow in order to refund.
I paid through Paypal (very wise decision). got onto them , claim was escalated within hours and my money refunded in five days after Dabs refused to respond to them.
Please avoid this company at all costs.

modified review This review was modified by Spooney9 on December 28 2014 02:39:08 AM

"I purchased two WD Red hard drives from Dabs and one turned out to be faulty. I emailed them and they replied with:

We have a process in place with our colleagues at Western Digital please contact them in the first instance as often the issue is something that can be resolved with technical assistance. Please contact the manufacturer on the below;
If the item is deemed faulty, you will be provided with a fault reference number and asked to return the goods to the manufacturer for inspection, they will either fix or replace your goods under the terms of the warranty.

I contacted WD who gave me an RMA number to return the drive. A few days later I received a recertified drive through the post. Basically another word for reconditioned. I phoned them explaining I had returned a brand new drive but they responded that my rights with the manufacturer are not the same as from the place of purchase. They say they have no process in place with dabs, or any other reseller for that matter and that dabs have basically shirked their legal responsibilities. I purchased a brand new drive from dabs and am now stuck with a reconditioned one. I have been buying from dabs for over fifteen years now but this is the first time I have needed and aftersales service only to be fobbed off. I have reported this matter to trading standards and will never ever deal with this company again. Needless to say all emails to this company since their initial response have been ignored.

Think carefully before using this company.

"I was really dissapointed with this website - they say one thing and do another. I paid for next day - i didnt get next day. They blamed UPS - it turns out it was their fault. I was promised by customer service to receive a refund - no one confirmed this and i never received one. They said they would return my emails - i have never received any correspondence from them. Customer service was really rude to me - instead of easing our communication they became combatant & rude but then hung up on me.They said it would take 12-14 working days to get a refund!! Unreliable, rude, and unprofessional. they stole my money. I will not shop from them again. They made no attemps to correct their mistakes."

Dabs Direct Online User

"Terrible returns procedure for good that are faulty when delivered. Plus its slow.
Wanted a refund but they have now sent a replacement and are telling me that if I reject the delivery then the goods will be lost and that I'm responsible for the cost of both the delivery and the lost goods.

"Used to be a great firm but now..? They couldn't sort out a problem of their own making without creating another three!

Item ordered was faulty and dangerous. They took 2 weeks to confirm it was faulty, over a week just to say they'd even got the item back. They told me 2 weeks response was documented in their T&C (it was not).
They sent out a replacement to a completely different address, then refused to admit they'd made a mistake. Told me it was their policy to send to the original order address, yet that is what they hadn't done.

Point-blank refusal to accept responsibility for anything.
Terrible, don't-care attitude from everyone I spoke to.
Will never use again.

"How to describe Dabs? Bureaucratic, inefficient, insenistive and unresponsive. You send them emails and rarely get a reply. While their pricing is always good, it can usually be found cheaper elsewhere, but their greatest failing is customer service. Last year I was doing a computer build and ordered about £1,700 worth of product. They messed up the order so much I ended up cancelling £1,000 of the order and placing the business elsewhere. I gave them a chance again this year and placed an order for 2 hard drives. After a day they still had not processed the order so I tried to telephone them only to find that they close their customer service lines at 5pm. So again I cancelled the order and placed it with another retailer and saved £15 in doing so. Dabs has a great range of stock but just seems incapable of providing any sort of service to its customers. It is going to have to adapt or fail."

"Very poor customer service, on the site it said the goods would be in stock in 1-3 days so i thought hey they are £10 cheaper, sounds good. A month later i am still waiting, they have taken money out of my account and there is no sign of my goods, apparently they are still in not stock but wont cancel my order! I am disgusted and will never shop with them again and i urge anyone reading this not to either."

"I ordered a part (Akasa Vortex Hi Performance Lo Noise VGA Cooler) from DABs.COM which their site claimed should fit my computer graphics card (an nVidia 9600GT). It didn't. When I asked them to take it back, they insisted that I pay £7.95 (the product price was less than £12), even though they were at fault for providing an inaccurate description.

I tried to add a review of the product on their website, to alert other people to the possibility that the product may not fit their graphics card and the attitude of DABS to returns, but it was not published. If this is indicative of their behaviour, it's obvious that the reviews they publish on their site are biased.

Personally, I wouldn't trust them an inch and definitely won't be doing business with them again.

"Always find them 100%. Their returns policy is also excellent!"

modified review This review was modified by tiel.holdstock on November 02 2009 01:18:55 AM

"I tryed to place an order for a Sony TV and encountered problems getting my card authorised. I emailed them but didnt get a reply. I then tryed to contact them by phone and couldnt. Eventually I got an email that didnt solve the problem. I then sent them an email asking for them to ring me but they didnt. I then gave up and ordered the TV from http://www.digitaldirect.co.uk who delivered it the next day. "

"Ignorant, lazy, disinterested and cheeky enough to lay the blame on paypal. they charged £6.50 for delivery - no choice. failed to part post what was in stock despite slipping due dates - for over a week! and then decline payment on a verified paypal account!? all the while practically ignoring me, probably with one hand tied behind their backs too.
NICE WORK GUYS!

"Absolutely abysmal ordering experience. They appear to have a third-party company that asks for sensitive information (not the credit card number though) already entered securely on their website to be sent to them over e-mail, with no way of contacting anyone over the phone. In the end I got what I wanted for a better price from another vendor and I'm sure I will never use DABS again."

"Dabs used to be one of my favourites for online hardware. They have a good website -if only it stored sort options with user preferences. They have good prices and stock information. The online chat facility for customer service is better than many call centres. However I cannot forgive them for using Home Delivery Network Ltd (HDNL) which in may opinion is the worlds worst 'delivery service'.

HDNL have no idea of customer service, parcel tracking, or the truth. HDNL deliver as and when and if they feel like it. They have non-existing tracking that is at best inaccurate and is changed on a irregular basis, and at worst is just some down right lies to put off complaints. Not that you can complain as it is almost immpossible to talk to someone. If you do get to talk to someone, then I wonder if like me, you get the feeling you are getting palmed off with a bunch of lies to get you off the phone.

modified review This review was modified by Quadman234 on February 19 2008 01:39:46 AM

jw0

"Dabs.com used Home Delivery Network to try and deliver a £104.57 Uninterruptible Power Supply with a delivery cost of £10.26. First they notified me "We're pleased to confirm that we despatched your order on Friday 19 January 2007.
Unless you chose a next day or other premium delivery service option, you should receive them in 1-3 days."
They did not tell us we were required to sign for the delivery. We were not there when they tried to deliver on Monday 22nd. We called and agreed to deliver at my mother-in law next door as she is at home all day every day. But contrary to the agreement they tried delivering here on the 23rd not as agreed next door to my mother-in-law.
We called and agreed we would be here on the 31st January, the only day we could be sure to be here all day. We were at home all day waiting for the delivery. We called up at 18:00hrs to be told by a very bad tempered man that it had been sent back to Dabs.com
I responded via the Dabs.com customer support link that I was not happy and still wanted the product and could they arrange another delivery date.
I got this response by mail:
" Dear Customer,

Thank you for your enquiry to dabs.com regarding the delivery of your recent order.

After investigating the situation with Home Delivery Networks we've found that your order has been 'returned to sender'.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience that this may have caused. We'll issue a refund to the original payment method you used, once the order has received in our warehouse.

If you still require the goods, please note that you'll need to replace your order at www.dabs.com, at your own convenience.

Regards"
I did not return the goods but next received this mail:
"Thank you for returning your goods to dabs.com under RMA 508820.

Your return has now been processed and a credit authorised against
your order number 8421146.

You'll receive the appropriate refund to your original payment method
within the next few working days.

Should you need further assistance from our customer services team,
please do not reply to this email, as it's generated from an unattended mailbox.
Instead, please visit our online help section at http://www.dabs.com/help

Thank you for choosing dabs.com and we look forward to serving you again
in the future."

They did not refund the £10.26 delivery charge on the £104.57 product. The help line had been no help so I have given up and will never shop at Dabs.com again.

modified review This review was modified by jw0 on February 19 2007 02:49:28 PM

"THE RETURNS POLICY AT DABS IS NON EXISTANT! I PRAY TO GOD THAT NO-ONE HAS TO ENDURE THE POOR CUSTOMER SERVICES RESPONSE (IF ANY) YOU GET VIA EMAIL. I HAD A PLASMA TV THAT THEIR COURIER DAMAGED DURING TRANSIT, AND DABS.COM WILL NOT TAKE RESPONSIBILITY! STEVE MINSHULL SMINSHULL@BETA.DABS.COM IS THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICES MANAGER WITH NO IDEA HOW TO DEAL WITH CUSTOMERS, GREEAT! "

Dabs Direct Online is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Dabs Direct Online is not a merchant member
Dabs Direct Online does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!