• Address: 747 Seward St. Los angeles, CA 90038
    • Customer Support: 800-463-16322
    • Business Hours: 9:00am - 6:00pm Monday through Friday Closed on weekends
    • Fax: 323-463-5008

• checkmark icon COD

"DV Warehouse is a stellar online merchant. I have ordered many items over the past few years and always received quality products in a timely manner. Their vast array of components and accessories is superb resource for all consumers, ranging from beginner to IT specialist. They are definitely a vendor to purchase from when one wishes to have a painless and cost effective transaction. A+"

modified review This review was modified by IT_Specialist on October 21 2013 07:11:28 PM

"Recently, I bought a preowned computer from DV Warehouse, This is not the first time that I have made purchases with them. Several years ago, one of my MACs that I bought elsewhere years before went on the blink. I bought another exact copy of the same computer from DV Warehouse and a few parts. Both computers that date back to 2002 are still functioning perfectly in 2013. My recent purchase from DV had an OS 10.6.8 operating system and for $19.99 I was able to upgrade it to mountain lion! I bought this computer for 2/3 what it would have cost any place else and there is no computer that I would rather have! DV Warehouse has always shipped promptly and stood behind and replaced any products that I have had problems with (which did happen once), and they promptly sent me a replacement without any complaint. I trust DV Warehouse much more than (in my opinion) the money hungry Apple stores."

"I didn't accept their package because I considered the italian taxes on the items I bought too high.
Lee at the dv warehouse let me know that if I refused the order I have to pay the shipping expenses plus a restocking fee equivalent to the 25% of the total amount of the order.

Without knowing what's this "restocking fee" is about...what does it take to grab a ladder and put the items back on the shelf?

Very disappointing.

"One star is a bit generous. Horrible customer service. I ordered a used Macbook Pro with a Matte screen from DV warehouse. They sent me a glossy screen computer. Their order confirmation doesn't specify glossy or matte so I couldn't prove it to them but I'm certain that I ordered anti-glare because they are very hard to find and this is the only anti-glare version of that particular model that I was able to find anywhere. In fact, it's so hard to find that I went ahead with my order even after DV warehouse double charged my debit card not once, but, TWICE (which took 2-3 days of angry phone calls to sort out). When I informed them of the glossy screen issue DV warehouse tried to charge me a 20% re-stocking fee! After much complaining I was able to get them to agree to take the computer back and issue a full refund if I paid the return shipping. The original purchase amount was $849.67. They refunded me only $828.00 (the price of the computer minus shipping) they still owe me $21.67 for the original shipping costs. I still haven't found the computer I need. DV warehouse has one but I don't dare buy from them. I recommend you do the same. "

"My Mac G5 Power PC from 2005 went POP the other day. I found out it was the power supply. The Mac stores would not do a repair because they said there are no new power supplies to be found. I found mine at DV Warehouse. After getting on their website I wasn't sure which one was the correct power supply so I called them. Chris answered and I read my M# to him. He told me which one I needed and I ordered it. It came to me in a day! Yesterday I installed the new power supply and my computer is back up and running. I had excellent service from DV Warehouse and I thank Chris for being knowledgeable enough for me not to have to tear my computer apart to find the EEE #. I see so many bad ratings on here, but I have to say I had great customer service and would use them again!"

"After a trying experience purchasing and exchanging an expensive video card for a nearly obsolete computer that required a specific revision, which was necessary to run specific software, the final card at first worked, but stopped working shortly thereafter. Before ultimate failure, it would insist that two very different displays were in fact the same display and it was impossible to get them both working. I'd had enough dealing with DV Warehouse and quietly ate the loss, eventually acquiring a newer system that had sufficient video capabilities on-board. That was quite some time ago and I don't have the correct invoice details handy. It is not the point of this review.

This year, from Feb. 6, 2012, phish-like pharmacy spam started showing up in the e-mail address only ever used in communications with DV Warehouse, whereupon Apr. 22, 2012 I blacklisted that address, sending any and all mail directed to it to the null device. Whether they leaked it or it was harvested by malware that infected their system is immaterial: I won't be giving them any further information or patronage.

"My powermac G5 only ran for 5 months and is completely broken at this time. Given the fact that I facilitated two purchases other purchases (go back through your records DV warehouse... Remember: Bill Nastasi, Scott St John (two computers one was mine) and another friend of mine of these people only one machine you sold is still working and it's a noisy dual G4! I am telling everyone I know I to stay away from DV warehouse!
Also so you know I have over 72000 friends on myspace, and I tell them all to stay away from DV warehouse on a daily basis! So don't go putting up your phony apologetic posts on this site! You guys are done!

HI My Name Is Richard Holler and I responding to the President of DV Warehouse's remarks. First off if you're sorry, you refund the money your company took for bad machines you sold. Clearly you're protected by California Sales Law! I will say this: Those reviews are plants, they are people that work for DV Warehouse who wrote in to create "Balance".
Truly you ought to look around before ever shopping DV Warehouse. If you have any questions just ask Scott St John or Rich Holler.
The main boards weren't even serialized on a Apple G5 quad that I would for $1100! It blew out in less than a month of ownership. Returns were impossible, and the machine itself was clearly in bad shape.
Do not under any circumstance buy from these guys! Thanks- Richard S Holler

"I ordered a refurbished Macbook from DV Warehouse on sale. It arrived promptly, but I was very disappointed in the condition. Based on reviews, I prepared for a fight and called customer service. Chris picked up the phone immediately and was helpful. He never questioned my review of the laptop and explained that, during a sale, they sometimes let trusted partners mail directly to customers without reviewing the product themselves first. He checked and I had received that laptop. He placed me on hold, came back 5 minutes later and let me know that he had handpicked a laptop from their inventory that received their "A" review and was in great physical condition. He offered expedited shipping and emailed me information to return the other computer on their dime.

Waiting to see the new Macbook, but I have no fear about ordering from DV Warehouse in the future.

"I ordered a ibook g4 and it was in horrible shape then what their site states and battery dies the second its unplugged and hard drive was fried on the 2 second day and plus they over charge their ibook g4 laptops should only run about 150-200"

"Don't buy from this business! I tried twice to buy a used Mac laptop, and wound up with nothing. First, they sent me a computer with a broken key. It actually had tape over one of the keys. They sent the computer from somewhere in Texas because they didn't even have the one they were advertising. After being lied to from Chris, their sales rep, that they would send me another one right away, I finally got another laptop about a week after returning the first one. This one had pits and scratches on the screen, and so I returned that one also. I just got my money back and was glad to be rid of these jerks. "

"Customer service at DV Warehouse is severely lacking. They made a misleading sale and refuse to do anything to remedy the situation. I purchased a board that their site said would work with Macs using OSX. Well, it wouldn't fit into my Mac that uses OSX and when asked about it, they said it was only for SOME Macs that use OSX not all. Well, this is something they should say before the sale, not after. They refuse to let the product be returned for a refund and when asked about an exchange they have never replied. With that kind of misleading advertising and poor service. I would not recommend them at all."

"This is the worst reseller I have ever dealt with. I was lured by the low price for a Mac refurb. Huge mistake! Warranty lasts 90 days. At about 110 days the hard drive failed and now it keeps "Sleeping" due to faulty parts inside. Tried contacting tech support and they did not respond at all. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY!"

"Ordered my wife a used G5 2.0 DP at what I thought was a great price Feb. 14th for our 10th anniversery. Product shipped promptly and booted with some HD noise when it arrived but worked. On March 24th when my wife finally swapped her G4 out for this one it worked ok for one day then would not wake up properly and the HD still made noise. Found out the G5 was shipped without a 3 buck MB battery (a bit cheep) which could cause the wake up issues. Nope it wasn't the battery because by the third day of use it was dead, would not boot. After getting an RMA and shipping the broke system back at my expense (insured, signature required) I didn't hear from them so I e-mailed and was told I would be receiving a credit. I will wait and see if they handle this properly but so far I am not happy at all. Maybe this could have been avoided if the system had been properly tested before shipping. The review at this point is bad and the recommendation is to not buy from them. I will refresh my review and recommendation if they are more prompt than they have been so far."

modified review This review was modified by DjevikSST on April 07 2011 04:09:48 PM

"This company is a total disgrace. I will never use them again.

Before I ordered, I asked if the Macbook Pro top case came with a keyboard. Everyone else seems to sell with a keyboard and a quick call got me a rude "yes". It was late and I thought nothing of it. I should have trusted my instincts at the time. What sort of company treats their customers and potential customers like dirt?

So I went ahead and ordered a topcase and a fan for the Macbook Pro. I paid for two day shipping because of travel arrangements. It was an emergency and it was such a relief to see the order in transit… or so I thought.

The weekend came and went. No sign of the order. A full five days after the order, this two-day shipping I paid for had not arrived. I called Fedex who told me they never even had contact about the order.

I promptly called DV Warehouse and was told something along the lines of "sorry, we do not have the parts we just get them sent out from a third-party but tomorrow I will 100% make sure the order goes out. I promise and we will look into refunding your shipping."

So I think ok, it is going to be late but it will get there. A few days later and STILL the order was not here. It again had not left Fedex. I called back and spoke to the same person. It was only when I voiced my total displeasure and chased them up time and time again did the bother to do anything about the order.

I received a paltry amount as a supposed 'shipping refund'. It was a total insult. I was still out of pocket.

We had to initiate every single step of the order and had to chase them up. What happened to just ordering, paying and receiving? Proper companies do this but not this lot.

The order finally arrived yesterday - the fan was ok but the topcase had no keyboard. Totally frustrated at this point, I had to sit there for ages having to put on the old keyboard. Had I not been lied to on the phone, I would have gone elsewhere for a topcase with a keyboard.

So not only are they tardy but I was lied to on the phone twice once about the shipping date and once about the actual product.

I was also lied to via their site which stated the day after I ordered:

"Dear Customer

We thought you may like to know that your order has been shipped. You should have received a tracking notification letter from FedEx that will provide the tracking details of your package. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.... and thanks again for shopping with us!

DV Warehouse, Inc.
Fax #: 323.463.5008
Email: info@dvwarehouse.com
www.DVWareHouse.com"

Oh really?

I did a bit more homework about the company during the time I was waiting for my order. Suffice to say, a bit of digging told more bad than good reviews.

It is one thing to be rude and obnoxious, another to insult the intelligence of your customer but quite another to tell a bare-faced lie time and time again.

Will I ever see the keyboard I was lied to about? Will I receive anymore of a shipping refund? Of course not because I am a pointless statistic to these people who just want your money with any means possible including lying.

I wonder if I will get a follow-up email or survey asking what I think. I doubt it somehow.

I will never use this company again.

"I have ordered several times in the past from DV Warehouse with great satisfaction. So when I was ready to upgrade my G4 to a G5 I thought of them first. I kept an eye on their web site for several months and settled on a PowerMac G5 2.3GHz Dual and also ordered the 4 Gig upgrade kit.

DV Warehouse has a policy stating that "If it's over $500, FedEx will require a signature for the delivery". I agree with this policy and I have a secondary shipping address listed with my credit card company just for this situation.

I placed my order on Friday, May 21 and received a confirmation notice stating that shipments usually go out 24 to 48 hours after ordering. On Wednesday, May 26 (5 days later), I received an email from a customer service rep stating that anything over $500 they are required to make sure the billing and shipping addresses are on file with the credit card company.

I was informed that my secondary ship to address was not on file. Okay. I called the CC Company and they did verify that the shipping address is listed on file. I replied to the email saying I called and that the address is listed on the account. Two days later (the 28th) I get another email from the same Rep saying that he called Merchant Services and the ship to address is not listed. Did I want the order shipped to the billing address?

I called the CC Company back, they explained that the Merchant Services he was calling would only list the Billing Address, he had to call them directly and a bank rep would verify the secondary address. I replied to the email with a big NO, Do Not Ship to Billing Address, there is no one at that location to sign for it. I included all the information the CC Company gave to me, the 800 number and instructions on how to bypass the automated service line. I requested that he email me again if there was still an issue.

Frustrating! I wait till Monday and hear nothing, same on Tuesday, by Wednesday afternoon (June 2nd) I logged into my account to check my order status to find that it had been CANCELED on the 27th of May! So, what was the email on the 28th all about? He had already CANCELED the order! I get on the phone and get a different rep and explain what's going on. He calls the CC Company and is able to verify the shipping address. Whew, who knew that was going to be so difficult!

The next day (Thursday) I log into my account at DV Warehouse to check on the status of my order and notice that the price dropped 20% for the 2.3 Dual system. I call them and I get the guy in the emails! Hey, remember me? The customer whose order you canceled and failed to notify of such. That G5 hasn't shipped and I see the price dropped. He adjusted the price and confirmed the order was going out later that day.

A week later my computer arrives. The extra RAM I ordered had been installed. I plugged in all the cords and it booted to life! Wonderful! I have been without a system for nearly a month and if this thing failed to start I was going to have a breakdown! I installed my extra internal drives and controller cards, the wireless network and the home security system. Everything works like a charm. I am very happy with my purchase.

One word of advice to the Reps at DV Warehouse: If a customer states they have a secondary shipping address on file and the Merchant Services does not have it listed, PLEASE call the CC Company directly. This will save your customers the time and frustration of playing phone and email tag with you and may help to ensure they will return to do business with DV Warehouse in the future.

Regards,
Jill Moulton

DV Warehouse is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

DV Warehouse is not a merchant member
DV Warehouse does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!