• Rating 8.67/10 173 reviews

DVRupgrade [formerly: PTVupgrade.com] is not a merchant member
    DVRupgrade [formerly: PTVupgrade.com] does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!
  • DVRupgrade [formerly: PTVupgrade.com] contact information

• Address: 1621 W Summerdale Ave Chicago, IL 60640
    • Contact: support@ptvupgrade.com
    • Phone: 866 - 230 - 8511
    • Customer Support: 866 - 230 - 8511
    • Business Hours: 8:00am - 6:00pm Mon-Fri online ordering and support 24/7
    • Fax: 773 - 527 - 2858

"I have purchased 2 drives from DVRUpgrade for Tivo Series 2 units. The first one lasted about 3 years before showing signs of impending failure (freezing requiring a reboot). The second drive was purchased on 7/11/2012 and failed catastrophically on 7/1/2013. There were no lightning strikes or power surges and all inputs (satellite, phone, power) to the unit are protected by a high quality surge protector.

I sent one email to DVRUpgrade of the situation and did not receive a reply. I sent a second "reminder" to them and they replied with a link to Amazon for a UPS unit.

The drive was less than one year old and supposedly covered by a manufacturer warranty. I asked them for assistance and to tell me what the warranty situation was, but they will not respond to emails and no phone number is on their website.

I would not recommend doing business with this company.

modified review This review was modified by sailcoffee on July 11 2013 02:23:45 PM

"I am a professional IT support guy, with a strong UNIX background. I ordered software to install a tivo image on a bare drive. It flat out did not work. The software was crude and overly complicated script. I tried every possible combination of drive locations and it still would not work. I asked a friend to try thinking it was a problem with my system. He is also a professional IT support guy and he could not get it to work. The software is garbage. I asked for a credit on the purchase of a new pre-formated drive. They agreed, but it is impossible to reach them--no phone number published anywhere, and I cannot proceed without logging onto their complicated system. I have my ID and password, to pull up my account history, but these will not work when trying to respond to their crazy ticket system. It is a web based system that does not allow you to keep records of your interaction with them. So they have locked me out of any means of follow up, and do not respond to my email messages except with pre-canned messages listing a ticket number that I cannot access. They do not provide any phone support for problems like this. I plan to file a Better Business Bureau complaint, perhaps then they will respond to me. "

"I had purchased a lifetime TiVo subscription many years back (2003, I think). About two months ago (May 2011), my TiVo stopped working. It was stuck on "Powering Up". I searched for solutions on the internet, and found www.dvrupgrade.com. I was hesitant, but thought I would give it a shot. It was your guarantee that finally convinced me.

Just a few days later, and I can't believe that I was able to change out the hard drive myself, and keep my lifetime TiVo subscription.

"My Tivo HD was going to go belly up on me. I have used the PTVupgrade for my S1 and S2 tivo and had no problems. Seen that they have Software for the HD and didn't think twice about getting it. I am very happy to be up and running again. Thank you guys over at DVRupgrade!!!! "

"This company provides TOP NOTCH service. I will let no one else work on my DVR. They are the best!"

"I ordered a replacement hard drive for my Pioneer DVD Recorder/TiVo and received it quickly. It worked just as promised and my TiVo is running again! Thanks guys!"

"Equipment provided was exactly as advertized. Service was prompt, instructions accurate and results perfect."

"Excellent service - ordered my new hard drive late Tuesday night, and it arrived at my door in CT on Friday. Took 15 minutes of "work" from start to finish, and the kit included easy-to-follow, start to finish directions.

Now, my seven-year-old Sony SVR-3000 is whisper quiet and better than new (thanks to a serious HD capacity upgrade) - and my lifetime subscription is intact. Thanks DTVUpgrade!

"What a GREAT value! I ordered on Oct 3, 2009 and received the TiVo replacement drive kit on Oct 9, 2009 and installed it that same evening. No problems! Instructions were clear. Set up worked just as advertised. For $100 I fixed my old TiVo and go to keep my lifetime service. Thanks."

"I ordered a HDHomerun device on Mon and received it on Thurs via UPS.

Good price, painless ordering, and good communications via email about product & shipping status from DVRugrade.

I would definitely buy from them again

"I am very pleased with my purchase. Payment was quick and painless. Shipping was very prompt. I will definitely shop again."

"I am extremely satisfied with the product, the shipping, and the overall process.
I purchased a repair kit for my TIVO and it was shipped out the same day. The installation went smoothly along and the instructions provided by DVRupgrade helped tremendously.
Thanks!
Rindie

"I ordered a replacement fan for my Tivo and was very pleased with the service from DVR upgrade. Great website helped me find what I was looking for, order was shipped quickly and the replacement fan is whisper-quiet. "

"Very Fast delivery of product, so far my new Tivo HD with upgraded Hard Drive is great!!!"

"My Tivo was hung at the "powering up" point. A search on Google indicated that 99% chance my hard drive had failed on 5yr old Tivo. I saw links and then good reviews to DVRUpgrade. I took a chance and spent $88 for a replacement hard drive. I had never opened a computer box before, but I dove in. In about 15 minutes following the instructions/pictures provided, I had restored my Tivo - and preserved my lifetime subscription! DVRUpgrade worked just as promised."