• DJ Planet / Pla

"The worst ever possible experience, buying from PlanetDJ! I placed an order with Planet DJ on the 5th of February and also applied for credit since their website had the option of financing. NOTE to all buyers out there that what they offer on their website offering financing it is not a TRUE credit. Everyone’s perception of credit is that when you are approved you are then ready to utilize your credit and make your purchases right? Wrong, that is definitely not the case here. PlanetDJ’s website also states that approval is in minutes, this is absolutely FALSE! Let’s get started. I placed an order for two professional Pioneer Turntables (PLX-1000), PlanetDJ assured me that they were in stock and they are ready to ship. Now let’s go back to PlanetDJ’s so called financing. When you apply for financing, Leasenation (The financer) will contact you and tell you if you were approved, only individuals with a business can apply (They DO NOT STATE this on their website), I had my mobile DJ business so I was approved. This is how their so called financing work, you get approved, you wait until Leasenation (Their Financer) transfers the funds to PlanetDJ’s account, and then you get your items shipped. This credit process of theirs takes a week to complete, by that time I was only left with one turntable and my order is now on backorder. They sold my items because they said they cannot hold anything until they get paid! WHAT? I thought I was just approved for financing? Their reason was that I was the first customer to be using the credit process and they have no idea themselves how it worked. That’s unacceptable.
When I was approved for their so called credit, I decided to add items to my order, I called a few times and every time they answered the phone, they were rude, I actually had to ask if there was a problem with them answering the phone in a couple of occasions. Their finance person (Debbie) was unhappy that I added more items to my order and purchased more. A business would be happy and excited when a customer buys more correct? But unfortunately PlanetDJ is the opposite. Their order status page always showed the wrong quantity of the items ordered, you need to send them a message frequently via their websites instant message and they inform their web person to update it, and at the end of the day the status is wrong again. Status updates from PlanetDJ is extremely poor! As I was getting ready to cancel my order for the last turntable that I am still waiting for, they told my financer (Leasenation) “We are receiving his item today”, that was false, and it was actually a week later that they were receiving them. So overall I am staying away from this company.

This review was modified by godfather16 on February 27 2015 10:39:43 AM

"I purchase a hard case for a Yamaha Tyros 4 keyboard with wheels. I received a call that they did not have a new one in stock but they had one in their "B" stock that would be a good substitution. I agreed after being assured that it may have some "cosmetic" issues. When I received the case, neither of the wheels were operational. One wasn't even attached. After 3 months of emailing, I was told to more or less take the problem to Yamaha. I did that and was told there was nothing that they could do. I am now stuck with a non-functional case.
I would recommend never purchasing from "B" stock, and not to expect resolution of any problems that you may incur with your purchases. This transaction and lesson cost me $359.00!

"Ordered a Ecler Nuo 2.0 from here. Customer representative was quite straight forward when I asked if they could possibly price match the mixer from another retailer. I apparently had billing issues and Debi was courteous to email me first and then call me to sort a small issue which was perhaps on my end. Looking forward to shopping here again."

This review was modified by Ibaniz on February 22 2011 11:10:49 PM

"Outstanding Service. I ordered a "club light" for my kids after reading several reviews. I called this store and purchased the Chauvet-LED Moonflower LX-5. The employee was courteous and had knowledge of the product. Shipping was incredibly fast; and I received a confirmatory email.

I certainly recommend Planet DJ for any lights, equipment, etc.

Share DJ Planet / Planet DJ's store rating

DJ Planet / Planet DJ is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

DJ Planet / Planet DJ is not a merchant member
DJ Planet / Planet DJ does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!