DHgate Reviews - dhgate.com Ratings at ResellerRatings

Rating 1.00/10 79 reviews

DHgate is not a merchant member
DHgate does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!

"ABSOLUTE ROGUES. ORDERED A DRESS IN BROWN ASKING FOR A HIGH NECK. RECEIVED A REVOLTING HOT PINK DRESS WITH V AT FRONT STARTING ABOVE MY NAVEL. TOOK FOUR MONTHS AND DOZENS OF EMAILS TO GET A REFUND OF MY MONEY. DESPITE THEIR WEBSITE PROMISES, SAYING THAT A FULL REFUND WILL BE ISSUED IF THE PRODUCT RECEIVED IS SIGNIFICANTLY DIFFERENT FROM THAT WHICH IS ORDERED. I WAS FORCED TO PAY RETURN POSTAGE OF $45 AU THEN THEY TOOK OUT $15 US IN FEES TO GET THE PITIFUL REMAINDER OF MY MONEY BACK. THE ABSOLUTE WORST COMPANY I HAVE EVER DEALT WITH. STAY WELL CLEAR."

modified review This review was modified by JOYJOYJOY on April 14 2014 06:41:01 AM

"DO NOT BUY!!! YOU WILL NOT GET WHAT YOU ORDERED!! The dress I got was not what I wanted and they will not let me return it! It's a scam to get your money!!!!!!!!!"

modified review This review was modified by cphill92 on March 22 2014 11:28:41 AM

"DHGATE and the Seller Plonge are simple Gangsters. I shipped my failed Feiteng H9500 Cellphone to the address DHGATE provided. They confirmed receiving the failed unit. we are in a session of approx. 6 month, 100 mails. No cellphone no refund. In the way they gave me a fake shipping number and lot of bluffs. DO NOT APPROACH THIS SITE. DO NOT MAKE ANY BUSINESS WITH THEM. THEY ARE GANGS!!!!. NO MONEY NO GOODS!!!"

"Seller Hyhhmtech
Sent me a piece of foam instead of the real item. I have a feeling the reasoning behind it was like this. - They didn't bother sending item - When I enquired about it not existing and the tracking number being invalid they posted a pack of foam to appease me with a tracking number. They took a photo of the foam with my address on it looking like the real package and sent the photo to me in the dispute phase. - I recieved the foam when I had already organised a refund from them anyways. Crooks!DHgate does not honor its own guarantee

"Ordered a phone. Told me it shipped and supplied with bogus tracking number. DHgate says it is still in China - a month later. Guess I just lost my money. Will report to bank but don't expect much there either."

modified review This review was modified by pwfoss on January 03 2014 07:34:06 AM

"I bought from DHgate.com Samsung 64GB microSD card.
After 3.7GB all my files became corrupted.
I figured out that my card is fake.
DHgate.com makes profit from fake items and doesn't protect the buyer from the fake product.
See my blog about fake Samsung 64GB microSD card.

modified review This review was modified by YefimS on December 27 2013 02:28:58 PM

"Stay away from Dhgate.com they are working hand and glove with its seller (if they even exist)to Scam you of your money because not only will you lost money on Dhgate.com but will have to go through all the frustration on how they scammed you. I brought this a repair software, it had the program but no database to pull the results from. I contacted the seller he gave me some urls to download the data from but none of them worked. So I opened a dispute with Dhgate.com after asking the me for the picture of the item and packing (this gave me the hunch that they want to dismiss the dispute in favour of the seller if the packing was discarded). After I sent the picture of the items and All its packing twice. Dhgate.com asked me to return the item to seller and seller will provide the address but all seller provided was instructions how to ship and no address. Dhgate.com gave me 7 days to give them tracking number I kept on asking the for address but Dhgate.com nor seller didnot reply with address and after 7 days Dhgate.com closed the dispute and completed the order in favour of it seller. I during my interaction with Dhagte.com I was getting a hunch it was going to happen. I wrote a review on seller not to my surprise something that I had excepted along the review never appeared on seller page. "

modified review This review was modified by ranjitsingh on December 27 2013 06:51:35 AM

"This is a review of both the seller "cecelia" and the website "DHGate". I bought this phone from seller Cecelia almost 3 months ago. I received the phone in time. The problem: the phone was listed as "4GB ROM memory" however it had only total memory of 2.4GB (1.27 internal and 1.17 external). This was checked with several apps. All of them read the same memory info. The used memory was shown separately and listed the memory used by system as well. The total was 2.4GB including all used memory. Cecelia wanted me to use an app called "An tu tu" to test the memory. That of course showed the same numbers. During several weeks of correspondence with "Cecelia" they kept claiming that the system memory does not show up and real memory is 4GB. Sending the phone back to China is not an option because shipping costs too much. Finally I opened a dispute through DHGate. They asked me to send "evidence" to which I mailed them the photos of the phone showing the system info from several apps. However GHGate seemed to just want to delay things and run out the clock. They repeatedly kept asking me to "send evidence" even though I had already sent it 5 times. Finally after the 5th time they said "we have received evidence however you must use the attached app to test the phone and send photos from that". They wanted me to use the app "Ztest" "within two days or we will release the payment to seller". So I used the "Z test" to check the phone memory. Of course this showed the same numbers. This test also clearly showed total memory of 1.27Gb internal and 1.1 external. However this was still not acceptable to DHGate. Their conclusion "this number does not include system memory and with system memory the phone has 4GB, Case closed". The second problem this phone has: it claims to have 3G however to date (3 months) the 3G function on this phone has not worked. It works only in 2G frequencies (on T-mobile). Other minor problems: 1. poor instruction manual on the use of the phone. 2. Although it is Android 4.2, it has many little quirks and took long time to learn to use the phone. 3. I have not been able to find a case/cover for this phone here locally. 4. The phone came with screen saver film on it with many bubbles under it. I complained about this to the seller and asked them that they send me another film. No response. Beware buying China phones in general. The "satisfaction guarantee" from DHGate is a make believe promise too. I did not heed many other reviews with similar complaints. Be careful."

modified review This review was modified by johnunn on December 13 2013 08:31:34 PM
Rating 6/103/5

"Well, I've ordered a number of items through DHGATE from different sellers, and can honestly say I only did not receive my goods from one of them. In that single case, I asked for and received a full refund, so I guess they can't be fairer than that.
All goods I purchased were well packaged, and although it took about 4 months to receive one item, that was partly my fault as they quieried my mailing address and I did not message them on the webpage (which I found out is what you have to do. Once this was resolved goods arrived without further delay.
To say DHGATE is a total scam is just plain wrong, but they DO have many sellers, and these sellers run the whole gamut of service, from being basic scams to excellent sellers.
Like a lot of them, I suppose, DHGATE isn't alone in this.
YMMV

Osmooms

modified review This review was modified by Osmooms on August 19 2013 02:00:52 AM

"I ordered two pageant dresses for my daughter through dhgate.com and found the service was great, the product was just as described, they made the dresses to order and I could not ask for a better transaction. Coming from China I was worried about how fast it would get here and honestly it was faster than most things shipped in the USA. It took two days to get from China to my front door via Free DHL shipping. Again this was a great transaction and I would purchase from again"

modified review This review was modified by theinventingroom on August 09 2013 06:57:56 AM

"If you are thinking about to buy any product from DHgate, you should reconsider about the purchase. I bought a set of fairing for my motorcycle for about $350. It arrived a month later with scratches and deflections. Product was supposed to be painted as matte black but it came without any paint on black base material (ABS). I sent message to the seller and they said I should use wax to repair the damage. The damage was too serious to repair with wax, and so I send pictures and asked for full refund. I also reported as after-sale dispute to DHgate but I have not received any response from neither of them for 2 weeks. if you are expecting customer service that you could ge in US, you should never use this website to purchase anything. They will not do anything for you. "

modified review This review was modified by zx6r2007ohio on August 08 2013 01:05:08 PM

"I gave a one star because I can't give any lower of a rating. DO NOT PURCHASE FROM DHGATE. They are a scam. The quality of their merchandise is worse than anything I've ever seen. I purchased a dress in April 2013 from a seller named weddingdresses2000 and it was nothing like I expected or what they promised. They agreed to allow me to return it for a refund so I spent an additional $40 to mail it back to China with a delivery confirmation. They received the dress, but never issued my refund. I have been emailing them every since and they keep replying with BS like 'the manager is traveling on business and we will let you know the status when he returns' or 'we are waiting for the manager's response, but haven't received one yet' SERIOUSLY. They now have the dress and kept my payment. DHgate are a bunch of thieves, they literally stole my money. DO NOT DEAL WITH DHgate, this site abides by no moral or ethical guidelines."

"Beware, this is a Chinese scam - Guarantee is bogus!!! It's not the deal it seams when they lie to you and run with your money."

modified review This review was modified by Lewise2 on July 29 2013 12:07:00 PM

"Absolutely diabolical, I ordered a $99 dress so cost me £70 and it turned up about 2 months late, didnt look like the picture, was a cheap replica that had none of the things about the one in the picture I liked, it was 2 sizes bigger than I ordered. When I disputed I got nowhere as they measure it on the manequin so just measure the manequin instead of the actual dress so because i couldnt measure it like that as I dont own a manequin and this doesnt prove anything they wont refund me. Absolute scum bags and a SCAM! DO NOT BUY FROM THEM IF YOU DONT WANT TO BE DISAPPOINTED AND P***ED OFF"

modified review This review was modified by Sarahrogers10 on July 25 2013 01:11:31 AM

"Never buy from Dhgate!!! Out of 4 of my orders there
1. Wedding veil- NEVER came in and they charged me for it.
2. Flasks- Every item was damaged. No refund.
3. Thank you cards- NEVER came in.
4. Bedding suit- came in, poor quality, doesn't match the measurements on the website.
SCAM SCAM SCAM!!!

modified review This review was modified by biobug11 on July 13 2013 12:03:06 PM