Stores > Cymax Stores

• Address: 4170 Still Creek Drive
    • Contact: inquiries@cymax.com
    • Phone: 866-740-9830
    • Customer Support: 866-740-9830
    • Business Hours: Customer Service: 8:00-16:00 PST, Mon - Fri / Sales: 8:00-17:00 PST, Mon - Fri 8:00-16:00 PST
    • Fax: 604-629-4708

Product & services pricing Rating 7.93/10 7.93/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 8.64/10 8.64/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 8.57/10 8.57/10
    Customer service: Rating 8.32/10 8.32/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 7.82/10 7.82/10

2016-05-23

Precisely the Price

"I was looking for a desk with a hutch within my price line and Cymax had the desk that goes with my decor as well as my budget. I have $25 left to put toward a desk chair."

2016-05-21

One happy lady!

"I ordered a bed, head board and night stand from your company. Great items and very easy to put together!"

2016-05-18

Run don't walk away from this company!

"Ordered 2 Coaster Selena 2 Drawer Nightstand in White Finish - 1 was fine 1 was damaged. They sent me another one - again damaged. Now they won't take it back nor refund monies spent! I have the original box and it was pre assembled. According to their return policy, and read it very carefully, they guarantee refund within 30 days - I ordered it on 5/3 got it on 5/6 and as of today 5/18 still arguing with them! "

2016-05-17

Over 7 weeks in shipping, still never delivered, and poor customer service

"First off, my issue is not (yet) with the dresser but with Cymax.I ordered this dresser over 7 weeks ago which never delivered.
When I purchases the dresser, Cymax provided the shipping date range for the 'free white glove gold shipping' which were 3-4 weeks away which seemed reasonable. During the waiting period before the delivery date, I did receive a couple emails with tracking numbers. The tracking number hyperlinks in the emails did not work and the numbers did not associate with searchable shipping service. At this point, I just waited for the delivery time frame to come. During the shipping window, I never received a phone call stating a delivery was coming. I never received another email. I waiting until the delivery window had past and called customer service. On my first call, they told me it was almost to Washington and I would be receiving a call within a few days; I never received a call. A week later I called again and was told the same thing and again it never happened.
Once it was almost 7 weeks since I paid for the dresser I called again. When I was given the same run-around 'almost there' response, I pushed a little harder to get some details of what was happening. I was told I needed to just sit tight and keep waiting. The 'customer service' person was unwilling to to provide any delivery date, any real status, or anything other than it should show up at some point. I reminded them their website claimed they have "fast and free shipping" and they already exceeded the delivery window by several weeks without providing any explanation. When I told them if they couldn't give me any assurance that the item was going to show up within a reasonable period of time I would be cancelling the order. At that point, the person on the phone just said: "I'll process the cancellation".
A few days later, I received an email stating they were subtracting from my refund fees of $638.15 including me paying $258.48 for the outgoing shipping & $129.24 for the return shipping. They want me to pay some incompetent shipping company for failing to do their job within a reasonable period of time void of any extenuating weather circumstances or acts-of-God. The issue is still pending but I send them a message stating they did not not live up to their end of the initial purchase contact by delivering the product as promised within a reasonable amount of time and therefore they in-fact were the entity which voiding the contract and I will not take responsibly for any associated fees they are claiming I owe.
My dealings have been a total headache and I strongly urge everyone to make their online purchases elsewhere.

This review was modified by bobkondz on May 23 2016 11:20:08 AM

Dressing

"The dresser came very quick, so I'm definitely pleased with shipping. The price was also a plus being it was the best price I could find on the Internet. I feel that the quality is very good and this dresser is the final piece of the complete bedroom set. I'm very pleased with this purchase."

2016-05-16

"Have not received all of my order yet but shopping and placing the order was a breeze "

2016-05-16

"First time using this company, was very impressed with customer service and speed of delivery. Quality of headboard was also impressive, true to color and well made. Provided hardware for installation and was quite easy to attach to bed frame."

2016-05-16

"I really love ordering from Cymax because they ship their products in a timely manner.
I am really enjoying my new bathroom storage cabinet. Just by having this cabinet has made my bathroom look much larger

2016-05-13

Big mistake buying from Cymax. Don't trust product reviews.

"Big mistake purchasing Hillsdale Aspen 24"-30" Adjustable Bar Stool in Oyster Grey from Cymax. Stool is not quite as pictured or described. Basically a pretty stool with an unusable back. Pictures shown show a back you can use, more or less upright. The 1 stool I put together has a 110 - 115 degree angle. The result is I've purchased 4 worthless stools. I can return 3. Not the one put together. I have to pay shipping both ways. The real kicker is the restocking fee is (read this closely) 1) the cost of 1 chair or 2) 33% of the cost for the 3 chairs I'm returning or 28% of my original purchase. Actually since it is exactly the cost of 1 chair I think that's the figure Cymax decided to charge. Had I read the Cymax return policy I would not have purchased from them. That's on me. The excessive restocking fee is on Cymax.

Worst of all I am unable to leave a review on the Cymax site for the horrible stools. Seems like they want to keep the high 5-star rating for the stools. Trying to submit review only takes me to their default support page (http://www.cymax.com/Product/ReviewProduct.aspx?PageID=20349). Very fishy.

Their customer service suggested I try to sell the stools myself. I wouldn't buy them, why would I pawn them off on someone else?

This review was modified by Oommma on May 13 2016 05:19:27 AM

2016-05-11

Satisfying [product

"Easy to build good quality for a good price."

2016-05-10

Reasonably Priced Desk

"Desk fits perfectly in my small office. Was pretty easy to assemble but took a few hours. I should have bought the side table or drawers to go along with it. "

2016-05-09

Speedy and Special

"The headboard and night stand arrived within 36-48 hours of of placing the order! The pieces are beautiful and were a great price! What more could you ask for?"

This review was modified by jstandridge on May 09 2016 09:04:27 PM

2016-05-09

Resolved a very difficult problem

"1. ordered BLACK headboard (Hillsdale Furniture Brand)
2. Received WHITE headboard instead (Direct from Hillsdale) Hillsdale's mistake. Not Cymax.
3. Contacted Cymax and was told that HILLSDALE required photographic proof that is was white and not black
4. Emailed photo of WHITE headboard
5. Cymax apologized and told me that Hillsdale Furniture (their supplier) required a photo of the BOX it came in as well.
6. Sent a photo of the box
7. Cymax apologized again because HILLSDALE FURNITURE told them that until Hillsdale Furniture figured out why THEY sent white instead of black. I would have to suffer until they figured out how THEY made the mistake."
8. A Cymax Supervisor (Dominique D.) to handle the situation. She said that the entire thing was handled poorly and that she would get Hillsdale Furniture to issue a call tag for the headboard for a return.
9. Two days later I got an email saying that Hillsdale Furniture would be sending a carrier with a call tag to pick up the headboard.
10. Stayed home the entire next day and around 4:00PM UPS shows up with ONE call tag. Yet the headboard came in TWO boxes, not ONE. To make things worse the call tag was a ONE ATTEMPT pickup instead of the normal Three Attempt type. UPS wanted to take ONE of the two boxes, but I wouldn't let them do it. I wanted the entire headboard returned.
11. By this time Cymax had had enough of the hassle Hillsdale Furniture was giving me about the return and we made a FANTASTIC deal for a monetary compensation.

Thank you Cymax for handling the impossible situation Hillsdale Furniture put me through with such Customer friendly care.

You are STILL my go-to furniture supplier

This review was modified by itsjustdad on May 18 2016 01:08:51 PM

2016-05-08

More than books!

"This holds books AND clutter my boys leave around the living room. And it's super cute that I'm okay to have around even where it's so visible. Shipping was super fast AND it was packaged so well to prevent any damages, really well! But I was surprised to find the quality of the product not so "quality", what the pictures can't show (not to cymax's fault). :) Wouldn't mind the price if the quality was better but now I feel like it was a little more than I would've want to spend."

2016-05-04

twin bed

"Good guilty bed and materials. Game in a solid box and delivered on time"

Share Cymax Stores's store rating

Cymax Stores is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Cymax Stores is a merchant member
Cymax Stores participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 2,590 merchant members.