Stores > Cycle Gear

Product & services pricing Rating 7.50/10 7.50/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10

2016-04-14

Lost me as a customer

"I order from their website and order a jacket and some ridding pants, currently I have a jacket size 48 that fits well so I order a size 48. The jacket was so small I called not close it and the pants ran big on size way big. I returned for a replacement an took a 30 hit on return shipping. The new jacket while it fit and I could close the zipper the shoulder and armpit area was so tight I could not reach the handle bars and this was 50 to 52 sized so 4 sizes bigger. I contacted the company so I could return the items and asked for them to cover the shipping since this is not my fault their items sizes are not standard and they refused to provide a paid shipping label so now I am out 60 dollars and nothing to show for. I will never again order from them nor I would recommend any one to purchase from them."

This review was modified by santiagohl on April 14 2016 03:31:00 PM

2015-11-19

"WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER
RIGHT NOW I'M SO MAD I COULD SPIT.I CALLED THE HASBROOK HEIGHTS NJ STORE TO MAKE SURE THEY HAD THE SEDICI BALACLAVA IN STOCK.HECTOR SAID THEY DID.I ASKED WHICH WAS BETTER THE FREEZE OR THE SEDICI .HE RECOMENDED THE SEDICI AS THE TOP WAS THINNER AND IT WAS WINDPROOF.I SAID GREAT HOLD A SEDICI FOR ME I'LL BE DOWN THIS AFTERNOON.TO PICK IT UP.IT IS 15 MILES FROM MY HOUSE BUT IS ON A BUSY HIGHWAY WITH MORE STOP THAN GO TRAFFIC SO ITS TAKES 45 TO AN HOUR TO GET TO ESPECIALLY IN THE RAIN.WHEN I GOT THERE HE HAD JUST SOLD IT TO A GUY IN STILL IN THE STORE?IT WAS 1PM.HE SAID IT WAS THE LAST ONE! HE SAID HE WOULD CHECK TO SEE IF ONE CAME IN THE LATEST SHIPMENT BUT AS SOON AAS HE STARTED HE HAD TO GET ON THE PHONE FOR SOME REASON.HE ASKED A SALES PERSON TO LOOK WHO LOOKED ON THE TOP OF ONE BOX TOLD HECTOR NO AND WALKED AWAY.I HAD TOP WAIT ANOTHER 10 MINUTES FOR HECTOR TO GET OFF THE PHONE AND LOOK AT THE BOXES CONTENTS.IN THE END I DROVE DOWN THERE FOR NOTHING AS HE HAD SOLD IT OUT FROM UNDER ME AND HE KNEW I WAS COMING BECAUSE HE CALLED ME BY NAME WHEN HE FINALLY TOLD ME THERE WERE NO MORE

This review was modified by BURNGOGI on December 08 2015 12:06:44 PM

2015-11-13

"I'll never spend another penny at Cycle Gear. I ordered a Arai Defiant helmet that I was told in stock at their warehouse. After calling about it the day it was promised I was told they did not have it in stock but would have one in the following Monday. When I went to the store to pick it up they brought out a helmet in another brand box with a manufacturing date 2.5 years old. It appeared to be a demo. When I told the clerk I needed him to get me one made within the last year I was told that color (diamond white) was no longer being produced so I told him I would accept another color so long as the date on the D ring was within the current year. I requested he contact the warehouse to be sure a 2015 model was shipped. . He said the Aluminum Silver was still being made and he would submit the request. When that helmet came in it was 2 years old and I was told (by the same clerk) that color was also being discontinued and good luck finding one newer. This helmet was not advertised as a closeout/discontinued and I'm not sure at all that it is. judging by the full price I was paying. The clerk was not at all up front with me. He changed his story twice and for that I have no trust in them. When I went back to the store to get my money back he even had the nerve to charge me 3 bucks for ordering it."

This review was modified by jerryp449 on December 08 2015 01:38:23 PM

2015-05-27

"Do not Buy from these guys -unless you want to go back at least 25-30 years in time where fast meant you will have it before Christmas if you order by Easter! These guys state ships within 1-2 days not even close and they actually don't stock any inventory! Ordered a helmet and two pair of goggles. One pair of goggles shipped from there store 5 days later and the helmet and other pair of goggles well theyre suppose to show up some time next month! These guys are still working with the horse and buggy type of transportation! BUYER BEWARE!!!!!"

This review was modified by guyinchico2 on May 27 2015 01:22:48 PM

2015-05-20

"Sucks! Do not buy from them. Ordered a helmet for this weekends race, understood it would take 2-3 business days to ship. I asked if I could pay for expedited shipping, the online chat said no need its usually a 2 day delivery. Well it shipped Monday .... FROM CA!!! I'm in SC so needless to say, I won't have it for this weekends race ETA is next Tuesday. Called Revzilla, they had it in stock, shipped yesterday will arrive here tomorrow for Friday's race!! I will be returning the helmet from Cycle Gear as soon as it arrives Tuesday! "

This review was modified by juliefarmer32 on May 20 2015 07:51:38 AM

2015-02-28

"i got a sells paper yesterday, I went to go buy the headlight at the store they say they are out of stock and that i have to order it the sells paper came out yesterday i was there this morning .. I will never shop at cycle gear again "

2015-01-21

"I've had not one but 2 issues with CyclegGear ripping me off. I will never shop here again.

On their site it says straight up the refund shipping on returns, especially because I had to pay a lot just to send the item that's size is WAY OFF back. (I've never not fit into a size 8 shoe, theirs felt ridiculously big). I asked if they offered discounted shipping labels i could get from them, NOPE. Had to pay a fortune at the post office. Then despite returning the item in pristine, new condition they refused to give me a full refund, even after calling. I only found out I got a refund by logging into my credit card account, they didn't email me or anything. So weird. They kept tax and the original shipping I PAID. Cost me $25 to return a pair of boots that were mis-sized and I have nothing but a hate for how awful the customer service is at this company. I run my own online business and if the buyer pays to return their item, you have to refund the original amount they paid, EVERYONE DOES THIS. NOWHERE ON THEIR POLICIES SAY THEY KEEP TAX AND ORIGINAL SHIPPING. 100% satisfaction is a lie and so is the hassle free returns. Nothing but a nightmare.

The previous experience I had was with price match, I should have never bought anything from here after this but I did anyways and have now learned a valuable lesson: Cycle gear is here to rip you off because they can't follow good business practices.

I bought some very expensive gear before christmas (helmet, Leather jacket with armor, sedici gloves) and then after christmas, just 20 days after I purchased they were marked down a bunch. I emailed in with all my receipt info and even broke it down what they owed me. They refused to give me a refund after having spend $800!!!! Are you serious, you are going to treat a customer who spent that much like they're stupid for thinking they should get the matching refund. And yes I went back and forth with a very rude customer service person for about 15 emails trying to figure out why I wasn't being given a return. I did the math, wrote it all out, provided links, etc.

Well I'm done, and I'm ready to tell everyone if you wanna lose a great deal of money and not get a good deal, shop here. They hate their customers!

Good luck getting any money out of me now.

I only went here because you're supposed to get a discount with your MSF riding course card. I never got that discount because it doesn't apply to like anything and after they dropped the prices after christmas it was way cheaper than with any discount.

I wish I could give them 0 stars!

Rating F-

2015-01-19

"Cycle Gear in Cherry Hill New Jersey fraudulent charge customers for shipping on special order items when they themselves are not charged. Fact."

This review was modified by ZR1000R on January 19 2015 11:44:23 AM

2014-12-29

"I ordered the Street & Steel Eternity motorcycle jacket from CycleGear.com for my wife. I did receive it in time for Christmas but when my wife went to try it on it still had the preventative shop lifting device still attached to the jacket. Customer service suggested that I return it to one of their stores to have it removed, the closest store is 30 miles one way, or they could send me a shipping label to return the jacket. When I asked if I could be compensated with a gift certificate or something for my time and hassle their error has caused. Customer service put me on hold and when they returned they totally ignored my request. This will be my last purchase from this on line store and their brick & mortor store and I would urge everybody else to do the same."

2014-12-26

"Terrible customer service!
I ordered boots for a Christmas present. I knew they would not be delivered on time, but they said 5-7 business days so expected a few days afterwards. No shipping notification was sent so I called and found out they wouldn't be delivered until after the New Year when the person they were for had already left. The customer service was totally useless. They couldn't explain why it took 2 weeks to deliver and wouldn't honor the sale price if I returned them. Now I have to pay to ship them back to California (where the came from) two weeks after Christmas. I guess the 100% satisfaction is BS

2014-09-05

"I ordered a pair of Scirocco Waterproof Leather Motorcycle Boots. THEY ARE NOT LEATHER!!! THIS IS STRAIGHT UP FALSE ADVERTISING AND ILLEGAL. A service rep I spoke with by phone was ok, but when I went to the Gresham Oregon Cycle Gear shop, the workers there were inattentive, rude, and obnoxious Clearly they did not like me exchanging something I had bought online. The gloves I bought are also crap and the "one size fits all" face mask I bought wouldn't fit a 12 year old. AT THE VERY LEAST I WANT MY MONEY BACK AND QUICK OR I WILL BE MAKING A BIG DEAL OUT OF FALSE ADVERTISING BY THIS COMPANY."

This review was modified by STEVIELORENZO on September 05 2014 11:23:32 AM

Houston TX
2014-01-14

"Good people and good prices. Gus at the Greenspoint TX location went out of his way to sell and mount a new tire for me just before closing. My back tire was DONE and I wasn't getting home without another. I had to change it in the parkinglot. I just wanted to thank CYCLE GEAR for having the parts ON HAND and having GOOD PEOPLE like GUS to take care of us. "

2013-04-08

"BUYER YOUVE BEEN WARNNED, this comapny will just play with your money like is theirs, will never buy from then again. save yourself problems and if you dont want to get charged for orders you have cancel just dont bother"

2013-03-05

"Absolutely terrible. I will never order anything from these guys again. I ordered a leather jacket and gloves for a total of 375.00 which posted to my checking account that day. They then posted another 315.00 a few days later and then after posting almost 700 to my account, and getting me 4 overdraft fees, they called to let me know the jacket I ordered was out of stock. So now my checking account is overdrawn because of 770 bucks worth of nothingness. That's 4 overdraft fees at 35.00 and two jacket charges for no jacket at 315.00 a piece. Now I have to wait for 5 fricken days for all the fake transactions to disappear and stop pending. If you do decide to buy anything from these guys then go to their store and use cash so they don't mess up your checking account.

This review was modified by DaveRichelderfer on March 05 2013 12:29:31 PM

2012-10-30

"I have been a Cycle Gear customer for a month longer than I have had a motorcycle. I bought my first set of gear 5 years ago, and every single piece of gear since then. I have shopped both online and in store and have had mostly positive experiences. When something has gone wrong (remember, people do make mistakes, and I highly doubt that anyone in business for this long is intentionally delaying my order) they have always gone above and beyond to help me out."

Share Cycle Gear's store rating

Cycle Gear is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Cycle Gear is not a merchant member
Cycle Gear does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!