• Rating 4.17/10 15 reviews

Cycle Gear is not a merchant member
    Cycle Gear does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!
  • Cycle Gear contact information

• Business Hours: Monday - Friday: 8AM - 5PM
    • Fax: 707-747-0428

Product & services pricing Rating 7.50/10 7.50/10

Houston TX

"Good people and good prices. Gus at the Greenspoint TX location went out of his way to sell and mount a new tire for me just before closing. My back tire was DONE and I wasn't getting home without another. I had to change it in the parkinglot. I just wanted to thank CYCLE GEAR for having the parts ON HAND and having GOOD PEOPLE like GUS to take care of us. "

"BUYER YOUVE BEEN WARNNED, this comapny will just play with your money like is theirs, will never buy from then again. save yourself problems and if you dont want to get charged for orders you have cancel just dont bother"

"Absolutely terrible. I will never order anything from these guys again. I ordered a leather jacket and gloves for a total of 375.00 which posted to my checking account that day. They then posted another 315.00 a few days later and then after posting almost 700 to my account, and getting me 4 overdraft fees, they called to let me know the jacket I ordered was out of stock. So now my checking account is overdrawn because of 770 bucks worth of nothingness. That's 4 overdraft fees at 35.00 and two jacket charges for no jacket at 315.00 a piece. Now I have to wait for 5 fricken days for all the fake transactions to disappear and stop pending. If you do decide to buy anything from these guys then go to their store and use cash so they don't mess up your checking account.

modified review This review was modified by DaveRichelderfer on March 05 2013 12:29:31 PM

"I have been a Cycle Gear customer for a month longer than I have had a motorcycle. I bought my first set of gear 5 years ago, and every single piece of gear since then. I have shopped both online and in store and have had mostly positive experiences. When something has gone wrong (remember, people do make mistakes, and I highly doubt that anyone in business for this long is intentionally delaying my order) they have always gone above and beyond to help me out."

"I purchased a v600Z bluetooth helmet from cyclegear.com I was happy with the customer service, helpful and friendly. I have been using a borrowed medium helmet, ( almost identical to the one I ordered). I ordered an XL because the M is tight and by the measuring chart I fall just into the XL size. When the helmet arrived it was WAY WAY to small. I can't even get it over the top of my head. The tags say XL but there is NO POSSIBLE WAY this is the right size! I then decide to take advantage of their "7 day no hassle helmet exchange" And guess what the so called XL is the biggest they have in this helmet. Go figure, all I can do now is return it for a refund. But I have to pay shipping! My other option is to return the helmet and use the refund money as a down payment on another one that costs more than 150 dollars more than the one I ordered. So I guess I have to try to find a motorcycle riding smurf that can squeeze into this thing. I personally will never use cyclegear.com again. I feel this is a scam to get your money and then talk you into purchasing a much more expensive piece of equipment. I challenge ANYONE who wears a medium sized helmet to put on this so called XL. What a joke. And I fully intend to spread the word. No way in hell this is an XL! "

"ORDER STATUS ON ORDER 699136

I have been trying to find out what is going on with 2 items I sent back for exchange almost a month ago and get nothing but the run around or NO RESPONSE at all. I have tracking PROVING you received the items on 01/06/12 then you let the items sit there for 11 days and when I called to see what was going on you finally did some research, called back a day later and claimed to have shipped out my replacement items on 01/19/12 but if you track the items (check your PM) you can clearly see that only the label was created and it was never shipped. It took countless emails before I received any response at all then all the help I received was telling me "well let us look into it and we will get back to you" and other "run around". I think you have had plenty of time to "look into it". The item did not ship, it is as simple as clicking on the tracking number. You charged me for the items, you have my money and you DID NOT SHIP what I PAID FOR. Either ship the items out or GIVE ME A REFUND.

It is a shame the customer service appears to have went down hill so much, I used to spend a lot of money with you guys. So will you ever take care of this issue or do I have to file a dispute with my credit card? ANY response would be GREATLY appreciated other than "we will look into it".

I was charged for the items back on 01/18/12:
01/18/12 01/18/12 CYCLE GEAR 920 BENICIA CA $ 169.98

What is going on? I returned the items, you let the returned items sit there for 11 days, I called and you "looked into it" and called back a day later and claimed to have shipped it then 14 days later the items still have not shipped but you have had my money since 01/18/12.

I am fed up with the customer service at cycle gear. What a disappointment for my girlfriends birthday present.

Rating 8/104/5

"I ordered a size 2XL motorcycle jacket from Cycle Gear. They sent a size XL. A phone call to the order center explaining the size mix-up got a UPS return mailing label in my e-mail. I mailed the jacket back the next day. A week later I tracked the package and found when it had been delivered to the Benicia,CA adress. After waiting another week for some kind of notification that my exchange was being handled, I tried to phone their exchange extention and got an automated message that all of their lines were busy and if I chose not to wait, I could leave a message and they would get back to me. I did and still never heard from them. If you do decide to wait, better bring a lunch because no one will answer. Just elevator music for hours on end. Calls to other extentions get pretty the same routine or another set of extention number choices that no one will answer. All of them wind up automatically referring you to the same bunch of extention numbers that were originally tried.
After days of trying to get someone on this telephone tree to answer, I was about to give it up and accept the financial loss and make a note to "never do business with them again" when it occurred to me that I could get someone on the "to place an order" line. As it turned out, the operator there was very helpful, checked their records and found that the returned jacket had been noted but the info hadn't been passed on. Someone dropped the ball. An apology was made and a correctly sized jacket was sent the next day. Now that I know that the problem isn't with the company policy as much as it is their telephone system and how to get around it, I am willing to recommend and continue doing business with Cycle Gear.

"On Dec. 28th 2011, I placed an order with CycleGear.com. It was for an exhaust system for a VFR800 2007 motorcycle order # 683795 total cost with taxes was $514.63. On Dec. 29th 2011, I was notified that the item was not in stock and that my order was cancelled. The web site showed that it was in stock. On the 30th of Dec. the web site for the item changed and it said that it was available to order and that it ships in 2-4 business days. I placed a second order # 685559 for the same item and amount due was the same. On Jan. 4th 2012, I received another cancellation notice that the item is not in stock.

I checked the web site today for the item and it lists the item in stock but the price has gone up over $200.00. So the have the item but

they want another $200.00 for it, it is a total shell game. Here is the web site link to the item I ordered you can see it is in stock, but the price is now $200.00 more. I have copies of all their web site changes and e-mail order conformation and cancellations.

Here is their contact info:
Private Company, Headquarters Location
4950 Industrial Way, Benicia, CA 94510, United States
(707)747-5053, http://www.cyclegear.com

"I purchased a pair of Dainese Scout Gloves at Cycle Gear online (11/26/11). Their website promised shipping in 5 days. To make a long story short, on Dec 27, I didn't have my gloves yet. Meanwhile, I sent over 10 emails to them, and called at least 8 times. I never heard earnest apologies - they kept saying the item came from Dainese, and there was no way to track it. My several emails were only answered twice, without any resolution. Their customer service is severely flawed. They finally offered to cancel the order and put another one, which they did at a HIGHER price. I complained again, and their representative said they could exchange the order for a new one at the original price, but that would postpone the delivery another 2 weeks, on top of the 5 weeks I had already waited. At that point, I just cancelled the order definitively. Beware if you buy anything from them, particularly higher priced imported items such as Dainese gear. Their 100% satisfaction guarantee is an empty promise. They’ve lost a customer forever."

Rating 4/102/5

"I bought a bunch of things from these guys, and overall it was painless, but last time I tried to order a jacket from them, their price all of a sudden went up by about 40% even though the jacket was not on sale or had any other discounts of any kind. I showed them my print out of their own webpage with the correct price, but they still declined to meet their own price - absolutely disgusting customer service. Ok, I attempted to leave a feedback on their website, and after it was submitted and confirmed in my email the feedback has mysteriously failed to post on their website - sounds like someone is rigging their own scores. Makes me question if I want to ever order anything from them again!"

modified review This review was modified by geocrunch on June 17 2011 08:34:55 AM

"The prices were very good, almost bait and switch good so I was wary. I did check them out elsewhere on the net and found positive posts about them so took a chance. The low star reviews seemed a bit harsh after reading the comments. I am please to say I got the gear I ordered and it's exactly as described. I received email updates and tracking numbers too.

I had no reason to contact customer service.

I got a silly good price on some waterproof Alpine Star boots and am well happy. Also picked up a few misc wet weather bits and bobs too. I will check out their site first, next time I need some more gear.

Rating 4/102/5

"Ordered two gloss black, Bluetooth helmets and a jacket.
The ordering process was straight forward and easy.
One helmet and the jacket arrived together. The jacket is what we ordered and fine.

The helmet was in a box for a flat black helmet, the tags were torn off and the Bluetooth charger was missing. The helmet had smudge marks and finger prints all over it. It was obviously a floor display and wasn't cleaned or checked for completeness before it was shipped to us.

I contacted cyclegear and notified them of the situation. The day I called there was no manager on duty. The rep was pleasant and helpful as she could be but there was nothing she could do. She said she'd leave a note for the manager and that he "may" call me the next day. Not willing to leave the phone call to chance, I called again the next day and spoke with a manager. He was aware of the situation and wanted to included the missing charger in with my shipment. I as fine with that.

The second helmet arrived and was as ordered. The charger was included with the package but they did not include the reset key for the Bluetooth.

Overall, this has been an unsatisfactory experience. While they partially took care of the issue they seemed disinterested in the fact that I was sent a dingy helmet. They failed to send me a complete helmet as I had paid for. I feel like I paid retail price for a used helmet.

I won't say that I'll never shop there again but they will be my last choice.

"I have shopped at the store and online and my experience has been excellent. They have fast, often free delivery. Store personnel are helpful. Prices are competitive. No complaints."

So. California, USA

"Seems like there aren't many review of Cycle Gear, but I went to two stores, and they're both great. Employees are helpful, honest, knowledgeable, and seems to be in my interest. Sure they're a business and need to make money, but they're not trying to trick me into buying a bunch of unnecessary crap. The website is great too! Sales make everything even better. What I like most is their customer service. I had to call them to resolve an issue with exchanging a helmet... and dang, she was helpful. Talked to a supervisor, got an exchange for a more expensive helmet (since the one I wanted in the larger size was sold out), and then even called my local Cycle Gear to have them allow a refund (which seems to usually not be allowed). All in all, customer service and ease of shopping is great. I'm confident any problems I have will quickly be resolved by them without a hassle. "

"Initial phone order went well with Jessie, provided 15% off with MSF card scan sent through email. Was told by Jessie the order would arrive the following Tuesday/Wednesday. Tuesday came, checked the order status, and it showed that both still have not been shipped. I called and spoke with a female, who explained to me that their vendor was backed up (blah blah blah) and they would not be able to ship till next week. Okay, so what are you going to do about it? No 2 day shipping offered when the stuff comes in? Thanks for nothing, I canceled the order. Keep in mind this is right after I purchased a bike, and without a helmet, there was no riding to be had!

At this point I should have known to stay away but I found an awesome deal for a Frank Thomas jacket. Against my better judgment, I ordered one again through Jessie, who explained to me that a UK 40 was equivalent to a US Medium. The jacket came in relatively quickly (compared with the last order which did not come in at all), however it was too small! Too small as in I couldn't even get the zippers to touch. So I called in, spoke with the same female I spoke with when canceling the previous order (she does not like me), in which she explained that they would send me a UPS label and ship the bigger jacket out once they can track the shipment. So the UPS label comes 4 days later, and I ship the jacket the following day.

I called cyclegear and spoke with Jess (not Jessie), who was probably the most uninformative CSR I've ever spoken with, seriously he must have said 10 words to me the entire time. I told him the package has been shipped and provided the tracking number. He said "okay, we'll ship the jacket once we receive the other one." Excuse me? You're supposed to ship it when you can track it! "Oh no, that is against our policy." So I tried to explain to him this is what I was told by the previous CSR. He spent the next 15 or so minutes "researching" and came back with nothing. I told him to just refund my money once they get the jacket, I'm absolutely done with this company.