• Cycle Gear
    • Fax: 707-747-0428

Product & services pricing Rating 3.75/10 3.75/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.50/10 1.50/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.00/10 1.00/10

"i got a sells paper yesterday, I went to go buy the headlight at the store they say they are out of stock and that i have to order it the sells paper came out yesterday i was there this morning .. I will never shop at cycle gear again "

"I've had not one but 2 issues with CyclegGear ripping me off. I will never shop here again.

On their site it says straight up the refund shipping on returns, especially because I had to pay a lot just to send the item that's size is WAY OFF back. (I've never not fit into a size 8 shoe, theirs felt ridiculously big). I asked if they offered discounted shipping labels i could get from them, NOPE. Had to pay a fortune at the post office. Then despite returning the item in pristine, new condition they refused to give me a full refund, even after calling. I only found out I got a refund by logging into my credit card account, they didn't email me or anything. So weird. They kept tax and the original shipping I PAID. Cost me $25 to return a pair of boots that were mis-sized and I have nothing but a hate for how awful the customer service is at this company. I run my own online business and if the buyer pays to return their item, you have to refund the original amount they paid, EVERYONE DOES THIS. NOWHERE ON THEIR POLICIES SAY THEY KEEP TAX AND ORIGINAL SHIPPING. 100% satisfaction is a lie and so is the hassle free returns. Nothing but a nightmare.

The previous experience I had was with price match, I should have never bought anything from here after this but I did anyways and have now learned a valuable lesson: Cycle gear is here to rip you off because they can't follow good business practices.

I bought some very expensive gear before christmas (helmet, Leather jacket with armor, sedici gloves) and then after christmas, just 20 days after I purchased they were marked down a bunch. I emailed in with all my receipt info and even broke it down what they owed me. They refused to give me a refund after having spend $800!!!! Are you serious, you are going to treat a customer who spent that much like they're stupid for thinking they should get the matching refund. And yes I went back and forth with a very rude customer service person for about 15 emails trying to figure out why I wasn't being given a return. I did the math, wrote it all out, provided links, etc.

Well I'm done, and I'm ready to tell everyone if you wanna lose a great deal of money and not get a good deal, shop here. They hate their customers!

Good luck getting any money out of me now.

I only went here because you're supposed to get a discount with your MSF riding course card. I never got that discount because it doesn't apply to like anything and after they dropped the prices after christmas it was way cheaper than with any discount.

I wish I could give them 0 stars!

Rating F-

"Cycle Gear in Cherry Hill New Jersey fraudulent charge customers for shipping on special order items when they themselves are not charged. Fact."

modified review This review was modified by ZR1000R on January 19 2015 11:44:23 AM

"I ordered the Street & Steel Eternity motorcycle jacket from CycleGear.com for my wife. I did receive it in time for Christmas but when my wife went to try it on it still had the preventative shop lifting device still attached to the jacket. Customer service suggested that I return it to one of their stores to have it removed, the closest store is 30 miles one way, or they could send me a shipping label to return the jacket. When I asked if I could be compensated with a gift certificate or something for my time and hassle their error has caused. Customer service put me on hold and when they returned they totally ignored my request. This will be my last purchase from this on line store and their brick & mortor store and I would urge everybody else to do the same."

"Terrible customer service!
I ordered boots for a Christmas present. I knew they would not be delivered on time, but they said 5-7 business days so expected a few days afterwards. No shipping notification was sent so I called and found out they wouldn't be delivered until after the New Year when the person they were for had already left. The customer service was totally useless. They couldn't explain why it took 2 weeks to deliver and wouldn't honor the sale price if I returned them. Now I have to pay to ship them back to California (where the came from) two weeks after Christmas. I guess the 100% satisfaction is BS

"I ordered a pair of Scirocco Waterproof Leather Motorcycle Boots. THEY ARE NOT LEATHER!!! THIS IS STRAIGHT UP FALSE ADVERTISING AND ILLEGAL. A service rep I spoke with by phone was ok, but when I went to the Gresham Oregon Cycle Gear shop, the workers there were inattentive, rude, and obnoxious Clearly they did not like me exchanging something I had bought online. The gloves I bought are also crap and the "one size fits all" face mask I bought wouldn't fit a 12 year old. AT THE VERY LEAST I WANT MY MONEY BACK AND QUICK OR I WILL BE MAKING A BIG DEAL OUT OF FALSE ADVERTISING BY THIS COMPANY."

modified review This review was modified by STEVIELORENZO on September 05 2014 11:23:32 AM

Houston TX

"Good people and good prices. Gus at the Greenspoint TX location went out of his way to sell and mount a new tire for me just before closing. My back tire was DONE and I wasn't getting home without another. I had to change it in the parkinglot. I just wanted to thank CYCLE GEAR for having the parts ON HAND and having GOOD PEOPLE like GUS to take care of us. "

"BUYER YOUVE BEEN WARNNED, this comapny will just play with your money like is theirs, will never buy from then again. save yourself problems and if you dont want to get charged for orders you have cancel just dont bother"

"Absolutely terrible. I will never order anything from these guys again. I ordered a leather jacket and gloves for a total of 375.00 which posted to my checking account that day. They then posted another 315.00 a few days later and then after posting almost 700 to my account, and getting me 4 overdraft fees, they called to let me know the jacket I ordered was out of stock. So now my checking account is overdrawn because of 770 bucks worth of nothingness. That's 4 overdraft fees at 35.00 and two jacket charges for no jacket at 315.00 a piece. Now I have to wait for 5 fricken days for all the fake transactions to disappear and stop pending. If you do decide to buy anything from these guys then go to their store and use cash so they don't mess up your checking account.

modified review This review was modified by DaveRichelderfer on March 05 2013 12:29:31 PM

"I have been a Cycle Gear customer for a month longer than I have had a motorcycle. I bought my first set of gear 5 years ago, and every single piece of gear since then. I have shopped both online and in store and have had mostly positive experiences. When something has gone wrong (remember, people do make mistakes, and I highly doubt that anyone in business for this long is intentionally delaying my order) they have always gone above and beyond to help me out."

"I purchased a v600Z bluetooth helmet from cyclegear.com I was happy with the customer service, helpful and friendly. I have been using a borrowed medium helmet, ( almost identical to the one I ordered). I ordered an XL because the M is tight and by the measuring chart I fall just into the XL size. When the helmet arrived it was WAY WAY to small. I can't even get it over the top of my head. The tags say XL but there is NO POSSIBLE WAY this is the right size! I then decide to take advantage of their "7 day no hassle helmet exchange" And guess what the so called XL is the biggest they have in this helmet. Go figure, all I can do now is return it for a refund. But I have to pay shipping! My other option is to return the helmet and use the refund money as a down payment on another one that costs more than 150 dollars more than the one I ordered. So I guess I have to try to find a motorcycle riding smurf that can squeeze into this thing. I personally will never use cyclegear.com again. I feel this is a scam to get your money and then talk you into purchasing a much more expensive piece of equipment. I challenge ANYONE who wears a medium sized helmet to put on this so called XL. What a joke. And I fully intend to spread the word. No way in hell this is an XL! "

"ORDER STATUS ON ORDER 699136

I have been trying to find out what is going on with 2 items I sent back for exchange almost a month ago and get nothing but the run around or NO RESPONSE at all. I have tracking PROVING you received the items on 01/06/12 then you let the items sit there for 11 days and when I called to see what was going on you finally did some research, called back a day later and claimed to have shipped out my replacement items on 01/19/12 but if you track the items (check your PM) you can clearly see that only the label was created and it was never shipped. It took countless emails before I received any response at all then all the help I received was telling me "well let us look into it and we will get back to you" and other "run around". I think you have had plenty of time to "look into it". The item did not ship, it is as simple as clicking on the tracking number. You charged me for the items, you have my money and you DID NOT SHIP what I PAID FOR. Either ship the items out or GIVE ME A REFUND.

It is a shame the customer service appears to have went down hill so much, I used to spend a lot of money with you guys. So will you ever take care of this issue or do I have to file a dispute with my credit card? ANY response would be GREATLY appreciated other than "we will look into it".

I was charged for the items back on 01/18/12:
01/18/12 01/18/12 CYCLE GEAR 920 BENICIA CA $ 169.98

What is going on? I returned the items, you let the returned items sit there for 11 days, I called and you "looked into it" and called back a day later and claimed to have shipped it then 14 days later the items still have not shipped but you have had my money since 01/18/12.

I am fed up with the customer service at cycle gear. What a disappointment for my girlfriends birthday present.

"I ordered a size 2XL motorcycle jacket from Cycle Gear. They sent a size XL. A phone call to the order center explaining the size mix-up got a UPS return mailing label in my e-mail. I mailed the jacket back the next day. A week later I tracked the package and found when it had been delivered to the Benicia,CA adress. After waiting another week for some kind of notification that my exchange was being handled, I tried to phone their exchange extention and got an automated message that all of their lines were busy and if I chose not to wait, I could leave a message and they would get back to me. I did and still never heard from them. If you do decide to wait, better bring a lunch because no one will answer. Just elevator music for hours on end. Calls to other extentions get pretty the same routine or another set of extention number choices that no one will answer. All of them wind up automatically referring you to the same bunch of extention numbers that were originally tried.
After days of trying to get someone on this telephone tree to answer, I was about to give it up and accept the financial loss and make a note to "never do business with them again" when it occurred to me that I could get someone on the "to place an order" line. As it turned out, the operator there was very helpful, checked their records and found that the returned jacket had been noted but the info hadn't been passed on. Someone dropped the ball. An apology was made and a correctly sized jacket was sent the next day. Now that I know that the problem isn't with the company policy as much as it is their telephone system and how to get around it, I am willing to recommend and continue doing business with Cycle Gear.

"On Dec. 28th 2011, I placed an order with CycleGear.com. It was for an exhaust system for a VFR800 2007 motorcycle order # 683795 total cost with taxes was $514.63. On Dec. 29th 2011, I was notified that the item was not in stock and that my order was cancelled. The web site showed that it was in stock. On the 30th of Dec. the web site for the item changed and it said that it was available to order and that it ships in 2-4 business days. I placed a second order # 685559 for the same item and amount due was the same. On Jan. 4th 2012, I received another cancellation notice that the item is not in stock.

I checked the web site today for the item and it lists the item in stock but the price has gone up over $200.00. So the have the item but

they want another $200.00 for it, it is a total shell game. Here is the web site link to the item I ordered you can see it is in stock, but the price is now $200.00 more. I have copies of all their web site changes and e-mail order conformation and cancellations.

Here is their contact info:
Private Company, Headquarters Location
4950 Industrial Way, Benicia, CA 94510, United States
(707)747-5053, http://www.cyclegear.com

"I purchased a pair of Dainese Scout Gloves at Cycle Gear online (11/26/11). Their website promised shipping in 5 days. To make a long story short, on Dec 27, I didn't have my gloves yet. Meanwhile, I sent over 10 emails to them, and called at least 8 times. I never heard earnest apologies - they kept saying the item came from Dainese, and there was no way to track it. My several emails were only answered twice, without any resolution. Their customer service is severely flawed. They finally offered to cancel the order and put another one, which they did at a HIGHER price. I complained again, and their representative said they could exchange the order for a new one at the original price, but that would postpone the delivery another 2 weeks, on top of the 5 weeks I had already waited. At that point, I just cancelled the order definitively. Beware if you buy anything from them, particularly higher priced imported items such as Dainese gear. Their 100% satisfaction guarantee is an empty promise. They’ve lost a customer forever."

Share Cycle Gear's store rating

Cycle Gear is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Cycle Gear is not a merchant member
Cycle Gear does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!