• CustomInk CustomInk Elite Status

• Address: 7902 Westpark Dr McLean, VA 22102
    • Contact: service@customink.com
    • Phone: 800-293-4232
    • Customer Support: 866-485-8160
    • Business Hours: 10am to 9:30pm M-F 10am to 6pm S&S (eastern)

Product & services pricing Rating 8.19/10 8.19/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 9.66/10 9.66/10
    Customer service: Rating 9.82/10 9.82/10

2015-07-27

"We have used CustomInk for several custom T-shirt orders. In the past, we have been extremely pleased with their product, timeliness, attention to detail, and especially their customer service. In the past, they have always gone above and beyond to accommodate and make sure we were 100% satisfied. With one order, UPS dropped the ball with our delivery and CustomInk immediately made it right. But our most recent customer service experience with CustomInk has been terrible. It is like we are dealing with an entirely different company.

We placed our order (which was a re-order) on 7/11/15 with the delivery date set for 7/24/15. We received the shirts on that day, but the quality of the screen print was very low. As I mentioned, this was a re-order, and the first order we received was excellent (it was the softest, most comfortable T-shirt we've ever had), so we expected this re-order to be excellent as well! But when we opened the box with our re-order, the shirts were visibly and texturally different. The screen print looked and felt rugged and rough - absolutely not the most soft, comfortable shirt ever like before. We immediately initiated a chat to remedy the problem. While we were frustrated that we would be facing a delay, we felt confident CustomInk would once again make it right.

Boy were we WRONG! They did agree to re-print the shirts at no extra cost to us (I would assume so!!), but offered only a small "voucher" for a future order as restitution for the mistake and delay in our T-shirts. We were counting on having these shirts by Friday the 24th, but now, we had to wait for Monday the 27th to ship the shirts back via UPS. Then once the CustomInk returns group received and was able to review the shirts, it would be an additional 7 days to have the replacement shirts back to us. So not only did we pay top dollar for these T-shirts, once we received them, the quality was poor, we had to wait two days to return them, and now we have to wait a minimum of 7 days to receive our replacements - with ZERO discount for the hassle and delay. And if you use CustomInk regularly, you know that you are already paying a pretty penny for their shirts! (Which, with excellent customer service, it might be worth a pretty penny!)

We are so disappointed and saddened by the lack of customer service in relation to our most recent order that we will take our future business to another company. We thought CustomInk was going to be different, but unfortunately, they have proven to be just like the big businesses who care little for the customer. (We did rate them "Good" overall in Customer Service, but that is because of how much they went above and beyond with the previous orders.)"

2015-05-26

"The customer service here is OUTSTANDING!
These folks should teach customer service classes around the country.....they have their act together. .....P.S. they also produce a mighty fine product.....custom tee shirts!"

2015-05-20

"Liz Leemann was fantastic. I have never designed a t-shirt myself or used custom ink. I had a couple of issues with the pictures being to blurry and she helped me work out all the issues. I didn't even realize I was using gray and black designs on a grey t-shirt reducing contrast and she brought that to my attention and helped me to choose a different color that looks even better. I couldn't have asked for better customer service. She was quick to respond to any questions or concerns and worked hard to ensure I will love my design. I will definitely use custom ink in the future. "

2015-05-15

"The best I’ve EVER worked with. Hands down.

As a musician, I regularly create custom T-shirts, either for bands, special promotions or charity events. Over the years I have used dozens of companies. Customink has been FAR AND AWAY the BEST of which I have ever dealt. Top quality, best price, and very possibly the best Customer Service of which I’ve ever experienced.

I was having some trouble with my design layout online so I placed a phone call, at 8:30pm mind you, and a REAL PERSON answered the phone. Immediately. Not only were they real, but they were REALLY NICE. Like, I felt like we were friends after the call.

I ordered a small batch of shirts (7 total) that were time-sensitive and as I went through the process, I made calls along the way, always to have someone pick up and talk to me like an old friend. I have never been treated this way by ANY company. I just couldn’t get over it. Emails were responded to immediately. The whole experience with Customer Service truly blew my mind.

I upgraded to expedited shipping and received the shirts THREE DAYS AHEAD OF SCHEDULE. Upon receipt, I realized I needed a different size. I received the replacement size on the originally scheduled receipt date. They got my order to me, with a replacement, right on time. I’m literally shaking my head in disbelief as I write this. I’ve never dealt with such care and professionalism in this realm before. And it’s not like I was a regular client ordering a run of 700 shirts. I was a first-time client, ordering 7.

The shirts were beautiful. They turned out perfectly. The design team worked with me to get them exactly right, offering valuable creative input and insight and really just knocked it out of the park. I gave the shirts to my bandmates last week and everyone was blown away.

Yeah, I gave them to my bandmates last week. And I’m still sitting here thinking about what an incredible experience I had with Customink. I wanted to make sure as soon as I had a spare moment to sit down and write a review for this company. So here it is. I’ll be recommending them to anyone who will listen. I simply couldn’t be happier or more grateful for my experience here.

-Annie"

2015-05-13

"I'd ordered a shirt from a local custom shirt store, but since it's been under new ownership, things have gone downhill. The people were rude and I was overall unimpressed with the quality of the shirt. I decided to try CustomInk, since they could also give me the picture I wanted on a black shirt, while the local store could not. I didn't want to pay the extra $10 to get the shirt a week early, but needed it a couple days before it was supposed to be delivered. I gave them a call and the lady was incredibly kind and helpful. She bumped my order up a couple days, and it came today. Great quality shirt, and I can't wait to wear it! I also started a fundraiser on there, but emailed because I had a question about how the booster worked. Another woman emailed me back and she too was very kind and helpful. She even asked what my fundraiser was about, and responded with a genuine concern for the problem I'm advocating for. Overall amazing people and a great quality product. I will definitely be ordering from them again soon!"

2015-05-11

"This has been an answer to prayer. For some years, I've been engaging in sparring bouts with local t-shirt vendors only to get shorted and frustrated praying that I won't have to go through it again the following year. This has been THE BEST loading/purchasing experience ever. My hope is that the tshirts will last so that I can easily come back and order for the organization over time. THANK YOU!"

2015-05-04

"I recently ordered shirts for my softball team and they look great and arrived right on time. The order was missing a shirt and I called CustomInk and they immediately put the missing shirt on order and threw in an extra for free. CustomInk has by far one of the best customer service groups I have ever worked with. This was the fourth time I have used them to make shirts for a softball team and I will continue to use them. Always a pleasure to work with them. Best customer service and the best prices I have been able to find for custom shirts."

2015-04-14

"Custom ink's design lab was very user friendly and I had a great time designing my sweaters. I also had great communication customer service and they answered all my questions completely. The best part is their free shipping. I got my order two days earlier than I expected and I was really happy about that. The quality of the product exceeded my expectations. Because of the cheap price, I wasn't expecting a good quality sweater, but the quality was great! The printing was very well done and everyone on my entire team absolutely loved the sweaters. Definitely going to order more!"

2015-04-10

"Everything looked great! I really appreciated the quick turn-around of my order. The choice of fonts was awesome and it was easy to design my own shirt. I was geeked about how the shirts were packaged, by size, smallest to largest. It's a little thing but it demonstrates that someone was really checking to make sure I had all the right sizes. I liked that I could order any number of shirts which makes more sense and makes everyone feel that their project is important. I was trying to watch my budget as I am just a team mom buying an end of the season gift for my daughter's competitive cheer team and paying for these shirts myself, which I was able to do easily. All things considered, I would highly recommend your company to anyone."

2015-04-10

"So glad I found CustomInk to make my team MS Walk shirts. They were friendly, knowledgeable and professional as they worked with my idea and designed the perfect T-shirt. They also stored my design so I could order more shirts. Love CustomInk!
Lynn S. Wrightwood, CA"

2015-04-10

"From the day I began designing sweatshirts for our school Academy, ALL of the representatives at CustomInk were amazing. Extremely professional, attentive, knowledgeable, professional, and nice. We received our sweatshirts within two weeks of placing the order and were consistently updated with order tracking, etc. I also received consistent email updates regarding my order and any concerns and/or changes that needed to be made. The quality of the sweatshirts is excellent and our design looks great. Based on my experience with CustomInk I will definitely use them again and would most definitely recommend them to anyone. Also, their prices are competitive and fair. "

2015-04-07

"I have used CustomInk many times in the past, but with this class of 2015 design I needed a lot of "art help" from the company and I was so pleased with how they worked with me and my students. We had a few changes we wanted to try and the art department was very good at seeing what we wanted, super quick with the turn around on changes, and was completely understanding when we switched back to an original design, too! In the end, my students got a T-shirt that they really like, was exactly what they had hoped for, and I'm sure will wear well beyond just this graduation season. Thanks for all the help and making this design so great!"

2015-03-30

"It was an awesome first experience...I will do business with your company again and encourage those I know to use you as well...your team exceeded my expectations. The print was very colourful and the shirts looked great on everyone. it was easy to design the shirts I wanted, everyone loved them, the quality was great, the team was easy to work with and very friendly. I wanted 100 shirts with five different ink colour for the writing, the associate helped me to place the order. I was travelling out of the country on the 21st and they guaranteed my order before my expected departure date for my event. Such a wonderful experience, I will most definitely do business with them again...AWESOME EXPERIENCE>>>AWESOME PRODUCT>>>>AWESOME QUALITY"

2015-03-28

"I have used CustomInk for other group t-shirt designs and the quality of the product and, just as important, the quality of the customer service has been and continues to be top notch!! I also received my order well before the guaranteed delivery date.

I have recommended and will continue to recommend CustomInk to others and look forward to our next shirt design.

2015-03-25

"This was the first time that I have ordered from CustomInk. I was amazed at how easy it was to get my perfect shirts!! I even used the chat feature and had a friendly associate answer my questions and help me with my design. I was pretty happy with my the design and placed a order but I really wanted the font that I chose to be a thicker but I couldn't figure out how to do it on my own so I placed my order and included a note that explained that I really wanted the font thicker . The design team made it happen and sent a proof of exactly what I wanted!! I'm going to proudly wear my shirts this weekend at my city's annual 10k run."

Share CustomInk's store rating

CustomInk is a Merchant Member! Learn more

CustomInk is a merchant member
CustomInk participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 1,847 merchant members.