Stores > Crutchfield

Product & services pricing Rating 6.25/10 6.25/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 4.06/10 4.06/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 5.83/10 5.83/10
    Customer service: Rating 3.75/10 3.75/10

"So I just got off the phone with Otis. He was very helpful with helping me find everything I needed within my budget.. Thank You Thank You Otis. I am a very happy girl XD"

This review was modified by 19ccl72 on November 12 2015 03:55:01 PM

"I put in a order for 4 door speakers costing me about 120$ i was expecting to receive my products in 3 buisness days as advertised and 5 buisness days later i still have not received them. I called them and they simply say theres nothing they can do"

"Everyone raves about the service, but I'm confused as to why.

I recently moved, and in my new home I was interested in buying a TV antenna setup. Crutchfield had a great article on selecting an antenna, installing it, etc. and they recommended their pick for the best antenna and accessories. Great! I also noticed they were available on Amazon for about the same price, but since I found the info through Crutchfield it felt right to buy through them instead, despite Amazon being more convenient.

I wish I'd gone Amazon. The next day after I submitted the order I got a call from Crutchfiled. They were refusing to process my order because my shipping address was different than my billing address, despite that having been an option in the online ordering. I gave them both addresses and cleared up which was the billing address (my old house, which I still own) and which was the shipping address (new house).

Now if I accidentally entered the wrong address online we should have been able to clear that up and move forward, but I don't think I did.

Not wanting to put too much effort in, I went online and changed my address with the bank--something that in my mind I had the right to do on my own time, considering that I still own both places. I let Crutchfield know I'd made that change via email and they called me back to say that they still couldn't do it. Maybe the change hadn't taken effect yet?

I took this opportunity to ask why they didn't allow different shipping addresses and billing addresses when every other company in the world does, and why this was an option on the website if it was against their policy. Either Crutchfield is very strange and has a major bug in their ordering software (unlikely) or their wires got crossed and two different customer service representatives (different person on the line each call) were too confused to figure out how to keep the sale.

When I asked the last service person what was to keep me from cancelling the order and just buying through Amazon who wouldn't shake me down about my address I expected him to try to keep me as a customer. Instead he told me the real answer to the rhetorical question: "nothing."

Good. Order cancelled.

Long story short: if you can find it on Amazon instead, and if the price is the same or just a little more, buy it there instead. Learned my lesson.

This review was modified by reynott60 on September 30 2015 07:32:34 AM

" I have NEVER received such AMAZING SERVICE anywhere!!! This really was AMAZING!!!! I purchased an Alpine head unit as well as numerous accessories. I purchased them on a Wednesday at 4pm. It was shipped out the same day and I received 2 DAYS LATER on that Friday. I was stunned. I called before the purchase to make sure I ordered everything and they helped me make sure I had everything I needed to install the stereo and the other items.

I noticed there were a few negative reviews here but many of these made comment saying things like "I've used Crutchfield for many years......blah blah blah" and then they had one thing that happened they didn't like, most were minor incidents and some they said they were never using Crutchfield again. I wonder if these same people took the time to write POSITIVE reviews when they had all of those purchases over the "many years they used Crutchfield" or if the only time they bother to write a review is the one time they have a problem. I say that because I believe that negative reviews are helpful but need to be taken with a grain of salt because most people tend to only write reviews when they have something to complain about. I'm not saying that many of these aren't valid complaints but please remember, many of them had years of service which must have been good because they continued to use Crutchfield and didn't comment until they had a negative experience. For me, this experience couldn't have been any better. By the way, I see a place under this that asked if Crutchfield asked me to write this review. They did not and in fact I searched for a place to leave a review because I was so impressed.

This review was modified by TommyKnockerz on August 28 2015 07:50:03 PM

"I called and ordered a pair of speakers and asked to get the six months financing. The financing did not immediately go through but they said my order was good just call the financing company and see what the holdup was and call back and finish the order. I called got everything squared away and called Crutchfield back within 10 minutes. They claimed they had sold out of the speakers they had set aside for my order. So they let me order, get financing and then informed me they could not honor my order. I have been a satisfied customer for years and refered them to many friends. I will now refer to Amazon as Crutchfield wont honor their commitments nor will they try to make a wrong right."

This review was modified by techtlcb on August 05 2015 10:33:25 AM

"I was disappointed to discover that Crutchfield's online "Experts" use fear to stop you ordering from them instead of Amazon. When they quoted me $650 for a product that Amazon charged $499 for, I reasonably asked if they price matched. This was the response: "We don’t price match with Amazon, but you should be aware that Pioneer only honors their warranty when the receiver is purchased from an authorized retailer, which we are. Amazon is listed on the Pioneer site as an unauthorized dealer, which means you wouldn’t have a warranty." Whether or not this is true, I believe a brand should use positives to lure you into paying $150 more, not fear. Very disappointing behavior from such a well known brand.

Update: They contacted me later and offered to match the price, and apologized for the way the matter was handled. They agreed they shouldn't use fear tactics to win custom.

This review was modified by christian-39904 on June 26 2015 02:11:29 PM

"I ordered a head unit and needed to return it because it did not have Bluetooth, it's my fault for assuming that it had it but this was not a bottom of the line unit either. So I set up a return online and ordered the next model in line with Bluetooth, then I get the return label and an email telling me that they will deduct $10 for the return. That is by far the cheesiest thing I ever imagined from a company of this size. My opinion of Crutchfield did an immediate about face. I cancelled my new order as soon as I read that. That is the last $10 of mine they will ever get! "

"I've done business with Crutchfield (car stereo stuff only) since the late 70's. They have ALWAYS amazed me. I called tech service twice regarding my most recent purchase. Quick to answer and even shipped me an inline filter at no charge. Highly recommended!!"

"Overall a good experience assuming you aren't in a hurry. I ordered a camera from their "scratch and dent" outlet. I was assured all the associated parts were there. The camera is perfect. No visible damage. Shipping took about 5 days. But the battery charger was missing. I called, customer service agreed to send. That took 7 days. And they only sent half of it. They sent the part where the battery is inserted but forgot the A/C cord to plug it into the wall. Called back, they agreed to send the missing cord.
So...over all, the customer service reps were very nice and cooperative but if I hadn't had an alternate means to charge the battery (from a previous camera) I would have been stuck with an unusable camera with no way to charge a battery for several weeks.

"3rd consecutive order from Crutchfield where item either damaged or missing. Email even said someone needed to be home (workday) yet they delivered, never knocked while was home. Order was split ground and freight. No offer for credits ever. Done for good with Crutchfield.

Update- Crutchfield did NOT cancel second part of order that didn't arrive as they said they would... "I wonder why we didn't cancel it"... how do they stay in business?????????????

This review was modified by Rdawg on April 22 2015 08:13:37 AM

ThomasGunn's Avatar

San Diego, California

"Purchased some equipment for my home theater. I am very satisfied with the help I was able to receive in equipment selection for my budget.

I would not hesitate to recommend Crutchfield to any friends or family.

"Great experience with crutchfield; online tools were great, shipping speed awesome. I had a question and their dedicated support / tech person was great"

This review was modified by jeff-socal on March 30 2015 09:31:22 PM

"I ordered a radio that came with a wiring harness and a mounting bracket. When I received the package, only the mounting bracket was in the box. When I called Crutchfield, I was told by Cal that, essentially, it wasn't their problem. Terrible customer support. Now I'm having to deal with trying to get UPS to come and inspect the package and my bank to stop payment. Thanks for nothing Crutchfield.

** Update 3/3/2015 **
Crutchfield finally decided to send me a new radio but it took a lot of back and forth between them, UPS, and my bank. I still stand by my review. Terrible customer service.

This review was modified by acorrea4 on March 03 2015 10:28:39 AM

"After reading these reviews of Crutchfield, I felt compelled to write one myself. My experience has been extremely positive. I purchased a completely new car stereo and from the beginning to the end they have helped me. Their customer service people helped me match stereo components that fit my budget and my vehicle. The order arrived in three days and while I installed it over the weekend they provided technical support. I will always purchase from Crutchfield from now on. "

This review was modified by mdw22 on February 08 2015 05:02:59 PM

Share Crutchfield's store rating

Crutchfield is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Crutchfield is not a merchant member
Crutchfield does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!