• Crutchfield

Chance of future purchase: Rating 5.91/10 5.91/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 5.50/10 5.50/10
    Customer service: Rating 5.23/10 5.23/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 3.13/10 3.13/10

"I was disappointed to discover that Crutchfield's online "Experts" use fear to stop you ordering from them instead of Amazon. When they quoted me $650 for a product that Amazon charged $499 for, I reasonably asked if they price matched. This was the response: "We don’t price match with Amazon, but you should be aware that Pioneer only honors their warranty when the receiver is purchased from an authorized retailer, which we are. Amazon is listed on the Pioneer site as an unauthorized dealer, which means you wouldn’t have a warranty." Whether or not this is true, I believe a brand should use positives to lure you into paying $150 more, not fear. Very disappointing behavior from such a well known brand.

Update: They contacted me later and offered to match the price, and apologized for the way the matter was handled. They agreed they shouldn't use fear tactics to win custom.

This review was modified by christian-39904 on June 26 2015 02:11:29 PM

"I ordered a head unit and needed to return it because it did not have Bluetooth, it's my fault for assuming that it had it but this was not a bottom of the line unit either. So I set up a return online and ordered the next model in line with Bluetooth, then I get the return label and an email telling me that they will deduct $10 for the return. That is by far the cheesiest thing I ever imagined from a company of this size. My opinion of Crutchfield did an immediate about face. I cancelled my new order as soon as I read that. That is the last $10 of mine they will ever get! "

"I've done business with Crutchfield (car stereo stuff only) since the late 70's. They have ALWAYS amazed me. I called tech service twice regarding my most recent purchase. Quick to answer and even shipped me an inline filter at no charge. Highly recommended!!"

"Overall a good experience assuming you aren't in a hurry. I ordered a camera from their "scratch and dent" outlet. I was assured all the associated parts were there. The camera is perfect. No visible damage. Shipping took about 5 days. But the battery charger was missing. I called, customer service agreed to send. That took 7 days. And they only sent half of it. They sent the part where the battery is inserted but forgot the A/C cord to plug it into the wall. Called back, they agreed to send the missing cord.
So...over all, the customer service reps were very nice and cooperative but if I hadn't had an alternate means to charge the battery (from a previous camera) I would have been stuck with an unusable camera with no way to charge a battery for several weeks.

"3rd consecutive order from Crutchfield where item either damaged or missing. Email even said someone needed to be home (workday) yet they delivered, never knocked while was home. Order was split ground and freight. No offer for credits ever. Done for good with Crutchfield.

Update- Crutchfield did NOT cancel second part of order that didn't arrive as they said they would... "I wonder why we didn't cancel it"... how do they stay in business?????????????

This review was modified by Rdawg on April 22 2015 08:13:37 AM

ThomasGunn's Avatar

San Diego, California

"Purchased some equipment for my home theater. I am very satisfied with the help I was able to receive in equipment selection for my budget.

I would not hesitate to recommend Crutchfield to any friends or family.

"Great experience with crutchfield; online tools were great, shipping speed awesome. I had a question and their dedicated support / tech person was great"

This review was modified by jeff-socal on March 30 2015 09:31:22 PM

"I ordered a radio that came with a wiring harness and a mounting bracket. When I received the package, only the mounting bracket was in the box. When I called Crutchfield, I was told by Cal that, essentially, it wasn't their problem. Terrible customer support. Now I'm having to deal with trying to get UPS to come and inspect the package and my bank to stop payment. Thanks for nothing Crutchfield.

** Update 3/3/2015 **
Crutchfield finally decided to send me a new radio but it took a lot of back and forth between them, UPS, and my bank. I still stand by my review. Terrible customer service.

This review was modified by acorrea4 on March 03 2015 10:28:39 AM

"After reading these reviews of Crutchfield, I felt compelled to write one myself. My experience has been extremely positive. I purchased a completely new car stereo and from the beginning to the end they have helped me. Their customer service people helped me match stereo components that fit my budget and my vehicle. The order arrived in three days and while I installed it over the weekend they provided technical support. I will always purchase from Crutchfield from now on. "

This review was modified by mdw22 on February 08 2015 05:02:59 PM

"STAY AWAY!!!!!TRIED TO PURCHASE TWO TV FOR MY NEW HOUSE STARTING THURSDAY NIGHT AND THE PAYPAL TRANSACTION WAS NEVER RECEIVED BY YOUR DEPARTMENT. SO I THEN USED MY CREDIT CARDS AND EVERYTHING WENT THROUGH AND THEY WHERE FLAGGED. I CALLED IN AND THEY TOLD ME EVERYTHING WAS TAKEN CARE OF AND THEY WOULD SHIP MONDAY. LATER FRIDAY NIGHT I GET A RUDE PHONE MESSAGE BY CORKY SAYING THE ORDERS WILL NOT SHIP!! I WANT THE TVS I PAYED FOR AND ARE GOING TO LET EVERYONE KNOW YOUR BUSINESS IS A CON!! I"

"I purchased a car stereo. Crutchfield provided exceptional technical support as well as efficiently and promptly handling a warranty matter. I was thoroughly impressed with the company and only wished other retailers were half as good as they are in providing customer service"

"I bought a lens for iphone 6, checked paypal and there was a $1 payment made to them. I called crutchfield and worker told me he doesn't know when i'll recieve it because they don't have it. I asked for my one dollar and he asked me to stay on hold for a second and kept me on hold forever

I have to edit my review because I got a strange email today saying the following "Thanks for your e-mail, and for shopping the Crutchfield web site. I cannot locate an order in our system for you using the information provided. I apologize for the inconvenience."

This review was modified by peterafarag on December 24 2014 03:53:10 AM

Near Tau Ceti

"I bought a Marantz wireless receiver from Crutchfield, and the experience was excellent. Yes, the price was a bit more than Amazon, but when you call with pre-sale questions or for tech support, you get knowlegable people in the USA, rather than folks in India or the Philippines reading from a script. "

"They should be named Crookfield as far as I'm concerned. I bought a $1000 Alpine car stereo under their assumption that anyone could put it in. Well when I got it, I asked a friend that had put a stereo in his car recently to install. Out of the box it looked ridiculous hard with a million cords etc and after an hour he said he couldn't do it. So I took them up on their offer to help him through the install. 2 hours later on a cell phone the rep couldn't figure it out either and gave up. I finally took it to a guy that reinstalls them after body work has been done. He got it in, but, after having to call the company and getting the same answer that they couldn't help and charging by the hour, the bill was $1200. So it worked ok for a while and finally quit, so I called and they said that it was still under warranty but to try to reset the system. That worked on and off and had to be reset regularly. Finally, I called today and they said there was nothing they could do. Oddly, because the warranty had expired. Of course, that's why they put me off in the first place....Need I say more...AVOID like the plague"

"I have ordered from Crutchfield a few times. Delivery was prompt. A price reduction after my purchase at a higher price was granted promptly. I used their tech support each time and was totally satisfied. The products were as expected. What more could a consumer want? FREE!!!!"

This review was modified by Lbrei on December 05 2014 06:38:12 PM

Share Crutchfield's store rating

Crutchfield is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Crutchfield is not a merchant member
Crutchfield does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!