Crutchfield Reviews - crutchfield.com Ratings at ResellerRatings

Rating 6.67/10 201 reviews

Crutchfield is not a merchant member
Crutchfield does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!

"They would not honor their 60 day price guarantee refused to give me reduced price. "

modified review This review was modified by GaryR1943 on March 14 2014 02:10:03 PM

"Made an order for a $650 in-stock item. 2 days later, got a message asking to call them back. After 20 minutes on hold, I was told that my order was fine. Another day passes and I get a mysterious email saying my order has been canceled.

I've used Crutchfield in the past, and I seem to recall, their service was pretty terrible then too. I recommend staying away.

"Ordered a new radio, but ordered the incorrect harness. Customer support sent me a return authorization and a new harness for free! My stereo is now installed. The support staff could not have been more patient and helpful."

modified review This review was modified by allenjerome on September 14 2013 03:37:31 PM

"Ordered a new receiver from Crutchfield. I've always used them for car audio so this was a first.
As usual, fast shipping and the item was well packaged.

"I order a nikon len Jan 22 with free shipping, they ship out at the same day and I got it Jan 24. very happen with the price and service"

"I'm sorry to see that some here have had less-than-great experiences with Crutchfield, since mine has always been excellent, and they've just hit another home run for me.

Recently, I purchased the top-of-the-line Yamaha receiver. It shipped the next business day and arrived 48 hours later. Unfortunately, there was a small problem with it. One quick and easy call to Crutchfield had UPS at my door the next day to get it, and they promptly sent me a new one. No hassle, no questions asked. Sure, you can find a cheaper price sometimes on eBay or elsewhere, but good luck trying to return an item, or trying to get warranty service when you find that your seller is not an "authorized dealer" for your brand. Crutchfield claims to be an authorized dealer for everything they sell, and the one time I needed to call Klipsch customer service regarding speakers I had purchased, the first thing the rep asked me was, "where did you purchase them"? When I told them Crutchfield, it was, "yes sir, how can we help you?".

I'm delighted with my new Yamaha RX-A3020 and with the service level I've always received from Crutchfield.

modified review This review was modified by Skribnitz on January 24 2013 01:22:23 PM

"Sony KDL55HX850, This is the best TV I ever bought. Thank you Crutchfield especially Josh who take care of my order. My tv showed up all perfect, flawless and no just a dead pixel with free and extreamly fast shipping by UPS Air, no extra charge no anything. will receive point after 30 days be able to redeem $75. 60 days return policy but I'm not gonna return the best TV for sure."

"Ordered a Sony digital camera on 12-11-2012 in the evening. I was happy to get the item after careful consideration and especially since it was the last of that item in stock I ordered.

Had requested delivery to my POB. Next morning receive a confirmation/delivery email which was great but one problem. They selected UPS as the carrier. I proceed to call crutchfield and have them switch it to my street address. Figured problem was rectified and went on with my day.

Later on in the afternoon I receive an email from Crutchfield stating that the order has now been cancelled. They attempted to call me but I was not available to receive the call at that time. So their course of action was to CANCEL the order.

So spend the afternoon trying to get the order resolved and shipped out but they wouldn't budge. Cancelled! I wasn't pleased but okay.

Yesterday, I saw my bank account had been refunded so I proceeded to order a replacement of this camera from Amazon.com. Figure that is the end of this right? NO.

Today, I discover my bank account has been debited by Crutchfield once again! Worse yet, I check the UPS tracking number originally issued for this and discover it is being SHIPPED TO MY POB!!

Now, I am in just a big GIANT LIMBO here, and who knows what is going to happen with this order/transaction. I called their customer service and they claim they will put a return on the item and I'll get refunded next Tuesday, but I won't be holding my breath after this experience I've had with them.

I have say, for someone who has been ordering things online since 1995 , this is the first transaction that really, truely, stunk. This is the first time I attempted to use Crutchfield, and I was mistaken to think that a long standing company would deliver good service, because they sure do not!

I would recommend to anyone considering ordering from this outfit to be more careful about shipping providers and if you do have a problem their service is abysmal and in my opinion, distrustful.

Thanks for nothing, Crutchfield! I appreciate you holding my money hostage now!

"Took my car in and they said replacing the stereo would be too difficult. Morons; they just do the easy stuff?
No desire to return or shop there.

modified review This review was modified by Custreview21 on October 27 2012 11:36:53 PM

"I have purchased two stereos for my vehicles from Crutchfields. They have been nothing short of fantastic thru out the entire process. I had a problem getting a new iPhone 5 to pair up to my 6 month old Alpine HD. He took the time to check for updates from Alpine and help me with a system reset. Very impressed with their tech help. Most companies don't even have live tech support, and on a Saturday to boot. Phone answered on the second ring. I will continue to support this great company. I only wish they were local so I could thank them in person. "

"Great prices, and came with all the extra parts and instructions I needed to install for free."

"I came here to ResellerRatings to check out Crutchfield before purchasing a Canon DLSR from them. Fair enough time to come back and leave my own positive feedback about them. Great product, great prices, fast delivery and a great service. "

"Ordered an alpine cde-133bt on 02/29/12 with free installation kit, receiver wiring adaptor and free ground shipping. Received
it in two days. Thank you for a low price, exellent service and super fast free shipping. FIVE STARS SELLER!!!
Stereo systems ===========> CRUTCHFIELD.COM

"I purchased some in-ceiling speakers for my home theater surround system and upon opening one of them, realized that I ordered the incorrect speakers for my application. I immediately called customer service (on a Saturday) and the representative was very courteous and helpful. As the correct speakers were in stock and the same price, she emailed me prepaid shipping label to return the speakers and set up an even exchange, waiving the standard return charge. Once they received the returned speakers, I received a confirmation email and a few days later the correct speakers were delivered. I will not hesitate to purchase from Crutchfield in the future."

"I purchased a $600-worth digital camera from Crutchfield. They sent me a used camera that needed cleanup. When I complained they offered me advanced replacement. But later, they just changed their mind and said that the advanced replacement offer was made by mistake. They could never properly record the nature of my complaint and I had to repeat the whole store to every new CE rep that I spoke with. In their emails they kept misspelling my very simple name. I do not feel that I should ever order anything from Crutchfield ever again."