Stores > Crutchfield

Chance of future purchase: Rating 3.44/10 3.44/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 6.43/10 6.43/10
    Customer service: Rating 3.75/10 3.75/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
Voice your opinion! Review Crutchfield by clicking a star below.
2017-03-15

Disappointed18

"Purchased a Parrot Mambo drone for a Christmas gift for my son, it was missing the grabber and my son decided that he did not want it. Crutchfield was not able to supply the part and will not accept the return product. Won't be shopping there again! "

This review was modified by Disappointed18 on March 15 2017 04:15:01 PM

2017-03-08

Excellent service everytime!!

"I honestly do not understand the negative reviews. I've ordered quite a few items from Crutchfield and had to deal with many issues. Here are a few:

- I've had defective set of very large and heavy Klipsch bookshelf speakers. They sent me a replacement overnight and also a free shipping label to return the defective set and had UPS come pick it up at my house.

- I once changed my mind about a product and called them to send it back. It was only $29. They sent me a free return label. no fee.

- I called and talked to a sales rep at Crutchfield. I asked him if I would benefit from upgrading my center speaker for one that costs $650. He could tell I was itching for him to say yes, but he said no. I asked for and got an honest opinion, and the sales rep did not try and push an obvious easy sale.

I once had an issue where I was under the impression that a subwoofer came with a free wireless kit worth $130. Apparently the offer had ended a few days before I purchased mine, but my browser was still displaying the offer when I purchased it. I called after I received the sub and there was no wireless kit. Crutchfield sent me one anyway. Granted, I had recently bought a few thousand dollars in equipment from them, but it was the kind of thing that will make me a customer for life.

There are many other nice things they've done to really personalize my service. They call to make sure everything was good with my equipment. They sent a card thanking me once for my business. It was clearly written by hand in ink. If an item is on back order they communicate very clearly about the situation with regular status updates. I've had nothing but great service from them.

This review was modified by inmigrante_ilegal_criminal on March 08 2017 06:30:02 PM

2017-01-24

Bad Customer Service

"Ordered a radio for less than $100. Was on extended business travel and asked they ship to my hotel (high end hotel). 3 calls later and them wanting to verify with hotel staff that I would be there for 3 weeks, I cancelled. Ordered from Amazon for the same price, received in two days, no phone calls. They obviously wasted my time and the time for the 3 calls easily ate into their small profits."

This review was modified by PaulfromFrisco on January 24 2017 06:45:02 AM

2017-01-11

Very bad customer service

"Where is that Bill Crutchfield that seems to be so proud of attentive customer service.
Asked very simple questions about the product, easily answered by any retailer who knows what they sell. After 4 emails, they still couldn't provide an answer.
After a complaint, nobody contacted me to apologize and make it right. Simply ignored.
I was just asking questions about the product. Imagine if I had a serious issue. Cancelled order after that.
Stay away.

2017-01-02

"Awful support from the management and installers. They are supposed to have a customer support line, but it was not working due to too many calls. I called the store and spoke with a "master installer" that convinced me I had the right wiring harness when I knew I didn't. He told me that some of the plugs just don't get used. After he convinced me, I wasted hours of my time on the install only to find out I was right, it was the wrong part, after I called the manufacturer of the harness. When I returned it get the correct one, the manager still questioned me after I had spoken with the man who manufactures them and he told me what I needed. This was my third time exchanging the same part, and management didn't have any sympathy or offer any ways to try and fix the situation. It's a shame too. I've had good dealings with them in the past, over 8 years ago, but apparently they just don't care about customer satisfaction anymore, which is what I thought Crutchfield was built on."

2016-12-28

Don't even bother, there are hundreds reasonable online sellers...

"Call to confirm the order from our company phone number required....
Ridiculous indeed, paid by PayPal , not a credit card, address confirmed, PayPal account existing for 8 years. Sorry, it is not acceptable these days to bother buyer this way. Order cancelled .
Purchased at another store with no issues.

2016-12-14

Crutchfield cares about their customers

"We have had problems in the past few years with our newly bought electronic products not working correctly, Crutchfield always stands behind their products and always takes the time to figure out a solution to the problems we're having. From non responsive high end home receivers, to receivers that just stopped playing all by themselves, to car audio receivers that bluetooth wouldn't work. They alaways did what it took to make sure we were happy at the end of that phone call."

2016-09-28

solid retailer

"Great company to deal with. Excellent customer support before and after the sale. Highly recommended."

2016-07-08

The service does not live up to their hype

"Once upon a time Crutchfield set the standard for service. These days it is a very different company.

Purchased a Garmin Nuvicam. Less than a month later the camera quit working. Had I bought from Amazon I would just send it back and they would send me a new one withing two days. With Crutchfield you are on your own, call the manufacturer as it is their problem, not ours.

When I did call Garmin they were surprised that a reputable seller would not simply handle the exchange.

I have been a Crutchfield customer for probably 15-20 years. Never again.

2016-06-24

Things don't always go right, but It's how you deal with it that makes all the difference.

"I wanted to share about a recent customer service experience I had that solidifies why Crutchfield is my online electronics retailer of choice. Last week I ordered a product that was scheduled to be delivered yesterday. I eagerly tracked the UPS delivery from the warehouse to the local distribution center. Then everything started to go wrong. An unusual sorting mix-up occurred with UPS and Amazon shipments and I was told that it could delay delivery of my product by 5 to 10 business days. Devastated, I placed a call to Crutchfield Customer Service and explained the situation. Ray took down my information and said he would get to the bottom of it and call me back. An hour later Ray contacted me and apologized for the situation. He then proceeded to tell me that he would rectify the issue by replacing my order via overnight shipment. I just received my product this morning at 9:30am! I could not be more pleased. It's refreshing in a day and age where situations like this seem to be more commonplace that there are still retailers like Crutchfield that are willing to go that extra mile to ensure customer satisfaction. Just a great experience from purchase to delivery and beyond. Well done Crutchfield!"

This review was modified by toddmcveigh on June 24 2016 09:49:42 AM

2016-01-08

"I purchased a parrot Bebop 2 drone and it was defective. So I asked to return it. They said they dont accept returns on drones they sell. Thats ok if the unit is ok but its defective. She told me I need to contact Parrot and they would take care of it. Its a defect that everyone that purchased this new device is complaining about and Parrot isnt doing a thing about it. I would never purchase anything from Crutchfield again! "

2016-01-02

"I bought a JVC radio for my Pathfinder. First Crutchfield botched the order, charging my connectors I didn't receive. The quickest they would resend them to me was over a week later. Then they totally misrepresented how difficult it was to install the stereo. The install instructions left out major installation details. I ended up cracking my dashboard following their crappy instructions. Then following the wiring instructions led to no sound coming out of the stereo. Now I'm stuck paying someone $185 to install the system. "

2015-11-10

"So I just got off the phone with Otis. He was very helpful with helping me find everything I needed within my budget.. Thank You Thank You Otis. I am a very happy girl XD"

This review was modified by 19ccl72 on November 12 2015 03:55:01 PM

2015-10-27

"I put in a order for 4 door speakers costing me about 120$ i was expecting to receive my products in 3 buisness days as advertised and 5 buisness days later i still have not received them. I called them and they simply say theres nothing they can do"

2015-09-30

"Everyone raves about the service, but I'm confused as to why.

I recently moved, and in my new home I was interested in buying a TV antenna setup. Crutchfield had a great article on selecting an antenna, installing it, etc. and they recommended their pick for the best antenna and accessories. Great! I also noticed they were available on Amazon for about the same price, but since I found the info through Crutchfield it felt right to buy through them instead, despite Amazon being more convenient.

I wish I'd gone Amazon. The next day after I submitted the order I got a call from Crutchfiled. They were refusing to process my order because my shipping address was different than my billing address, despite that having been an option in the online ordering. I gave them both addresses and cleared up which was the billing address (my old house, which I still own) and which was the shipping address (new house).

Now if I accidentally entered the wrong address online we should have been able to clear that up and move forward, but I don't think I did.

Not wanting to put too much effort in, I went online and changed my address with the bank--something that in my mind I had the right to do on my own time, considering that I still own both places. I let Crutchfield know I'd made that change via email and they called me back to say that they still couldn't do it. Maybe the change hadn't taken effect yet?

I took this opportunity to ask why they didn't allow different shipping addresses and billing addresses when every other company in the world does, and why this was an option on the website if it was against their policy. Either Crutchfield is very strange and has a major bug in their ordering software (unlikely) or their wires got crossed and two different customer service representatives (different person on the line each call) were too confused to figure out how to keep the sale.

When I asked the last service person what was to keep me from cancelling the order and just buying through Amazon who wouldn't shake me down about my address I expected him to try to keep me as a customer. Instead he told me the real answer to the rhetorical question: "nothing."

Good. Order cancelled.

Long story short: if you can find it on Amazon instead, and if the price is the same or just a little more, buy it there instead. Learned my lesson.

This review was modified by reynott60 on September 30 2015 07:32:34 AM

Share Crutchfield's store rating

Crutchfield is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Crutchfield is not a merchant member
Crutchfield does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!