• Rating 2.67/10 60 reviews

Costume Craze is not a merchant member
    Costume Craze does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!
  • Costume Craze contact information

Product & services pricing Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10

"I will never use them again. Unfortunately, I never received my products because their shipping policy is to not ship any part of your order when one of the items is out of stock. This is absolutely ridiculous, especially when it was in stock when I paid for it and a whole 24 hours later my entire order is put on hold and threatened with being cancelled. Very disappointed now will have to find a different place to do my costume shopping. "

modified review This review was modified by ime_me on October 25 2013 08:57:48 PM

"This company sucks! I ordered a wig for a total of 19 dollars and never received it, when I asked if they could replace it since I already paid for it and never received it, they said I could order and pay for a new one. Really! I payed for my wig and never received it yet somehow that's too bad for me I'm just screwed! I will never order from this company again! I've ordered a pair of jeans from Levis over 50.00 and never received them and when I told them they apologized and sent me a new pair NO CHARGE now that's customer service!"

"SCAMMERS!!!!

DO NOT BUY FROM THEM!! My card was charged 4 TIMES and then my bank called me because their were other fraudulent charges on my card, a hotel, a gaming store and some tech site!! Costume Craze DID NOT GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK. My card was blocked and this happened after an agent called me from their company telling me the charge was declined and he needed the card over the phone!! I talked to a supervisor and got NOTHING from her except that she trusts her agents, a load of BS!! NOt even investigating, PLEASE BE CAREFUL

modified review This review was modified by deema791 on October 09 2013 04:20:08 PM

"DONT BUY FROM THEM!! THEY WILL STEAL YOUR MONEY!!! THEY DONT HAVE GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE THEY ALSO LIE! DONT BUY ANYTHING EVEN IF ITS THE BEST PRICE AROUND ITS A SCAM!!!!"

modified review This review was modified by COFFINLOVER on January 30 2013 09:09:16 AM

"The worst! This company sells defective merchandise, please save yourself the headache I went through and don't buy from them. Costume wasn't as pictured, Neckline had 8" of extra material hanging & it was ripped. Had to spend $20 to fix. Horrible!!!
Lisa in Customer Service "apologized that she was not able to help me"
Please save yourself the trouble and buy from someone else!!

"I purchased a costume on Tuesday morning 9am and it was suppossed to be delivered by Friday (3 day shipping, even though it would really take 4 days). However, they sent it out only on Wednesday 11pm and therefore I will receive it on Monday. They would not refund the shipping, not even give credit for a difference between the 3 day and 4 day shipping. I thoroughly regret the purchase - there are companies who will try to make sure their customers return."

"I give them zero stars! This company
SUCKS! They made an error and I got the wrong
Costume size. They shipped
Another but I had to pay full 3 day shipping
...never waived the cost. Great cs....NOT!
You've lost another loyal customer. The CS manager
was awful and needs to go to a managerial school!

modified review This review was modified by Mythreesons26 on October 23 2012 07:26:10 PM

"I LOVE IT!!! I wonder if maybe all the negative reviews are from people that waited til the absolute last minute to order, or what! I ordered my costume on 9/21/12 and recieved it on 9/26/12 just as the tracking information stated. They are definitely quick! My suggestions would be order early, don't wait til the LAST minute, and be sure what you want because it'll ship FAST!! I read the reviews, good and bad, before ordering and I'm gald I went with them, and I'll do it again! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!! I LOVE IT!"

"they are horriable,firts call i asked APO ,AE shipping which we ordered one group girl costume a recital they said over 75usd is free the next they i asked something else they said will change shipping 4.5 usd and at my order they decide 9 USD is the better number while they are adv for free shipping over 75 usd..Cause we are military and off US shipping i asked are you using UPS or USPS they said we use both just because ours AE they decide to charge us shipping what a shame for a company they treat the people !!! They were very rude and not professional.."

"I read the reviews after i placed an order. I was so nervous that I called the company to find out when my order would ship etc. To my delight, the order was shipped in UNDER 24 hours, and I already had my UPS shipping number. The costume came in perfect shape, fit beautifully, and the price could NOT be beat!"

"I am also glad I did not see these reviews before I ordered the product. I had a wonderful experience with this company. My order was shipped in 6 days and the costumes were great. Awesome price and the costumes are very nice."

"Sadly I worked at Costume Craze as a temporal employee this Halloween season.

It is terribly sad the way they treat their customers. Not only do they not care to help the people but they love to put them on hold to make fun of them. Even the customer service manager does this. She particularly likes to gather the reps and laugh about the most recent call. Meanwhile there are 70 calls on hold because they are always understaffed.
If you call due to any difficulty you had with this company or if you speak differently than they way we do here, and you are put on hold is it not to “better assist you” but to allow the representatives to gather in and listen in on your phone call.

I also saw the way they do returns. Some items returned have been clearly used but they re-sell them anyway. I used to get calls of complaints about people receiving used items all the time. The solution was to have them return the items. The customers had to eat all the shipping costs when it was clearly the company’s fault.

Costume Craze guarantees that you will receive your package on time but this is not always the case. This is because Costume Craze can take days and even weeks to ship out your package regardless of the shipping method you pay for.

The owner of this company, Kate Maloney, is completely unprofessional, cruel and selfish and has no appreciation for customer loyalty. I am not sure how a company like this is still in business. It is a joke how uncoordinated everything is. I can go on and on about Costume Craze but I hope that with this little bit you can get a better understanding on what happens in this “company”.

I no longer work at Costume Craze as I can not take part in these offenses. I purchased my family’s Halloween costumes from buycostumes.com and from a local store.

"After being "guaranteed" the shipment in time for halloween by someone on the phone, we were shocked to find out that it took 5 business days for someone to pack the "in stock" items and ship them. We then got a confirmation email stating it would NOT be in in time for halloween.

we called the company again and asked why would someone say it would get to us in time if there was any doubt? we would have upgraded the shipping had they told us there was ANY chance of us not getting it in time! "oh, we are sorry about that. we will give you a full refund, just refuse the package, we wont charge a fee..." the lies continued..

low and behold, the company takes a NEW LOW, as they not only charge us a restocking fee, but then the shipment fee of us refusing the package. excuse me, but what kind of business operates like this? says one thing, then another thing happens TWICE? how desperate can you be that you need to defraud your customers out of a couple bucks because YOU made the mistake? we will not be fooled again.

dont make our mistake. GO ELSEWHERE.

"If I could I would give them zero stars...

What a TERRIBLE company!! I will never EVER order from them again. Ordered Something for Halloween with plenty of time to get it before the 31st. Days went by with no confirmation email or shipping info, called the company, was on hold for 30min and the guy that finally answered said the package would be here by the 31st, but I needed it before. He said there was nothing he could do, it was going to take the full 10 business days to get to me. So I had to drive all over the place to find something like what I had ordered and ended up spending 2 hours making it myself. Then the 31th came and went, still no package, called again they said the address I provided was wrong, so I called UPS to have them send it back, now today, the 12th of Dec, I get the refund and it isn't even for the right amount, so I call again and they tell me they take a $5.00 UPS charge out to ship it back. DO NOT ORDER FROM THE COMPANY!!!!

"After a manager learned of a mistake that was made with my order, he graciously offered to correct the problem. As a customer, It is refreshing to be treated with my personal satisfaction in mind, not just the company's bottom line. Thank you, Costume Craze, for two great costumes and for making the necessary corrections. "