Stores > Costco

Chance of future purchase: Rating 3.21/10 3.21/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Customer service: Rating 3.75/10 3.75/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 5.50/10 5.50/10
Voice your opinion! Review Costco by clicking a star below.
2017-05-26

Very poor customer service, I am still waiting

"I went to COSTCO and a filled for a credit card, after I was approved (1 hr) I want a temporary pass to use the card to buy a TV. By the way was offered to me by the person who filled the aplication.
After many attemps was imposible. She told me that she will call the manager to see if he can fix the problem, after 20 min ( now was 90minutes since I enter the store ) I told the employe that I wil go get the groceries because the store were getting cngested and gave my celular number so when the manager arrive that she . can call me and do a better utilization of time.
Never receive the call I was unableto buy the three led 4 K Tv,.
By that time I was tire and hungry the temperature near 100 so I did not even ask I just leave.
I am still waiting.

2017-05-14

Coupon cashback

"I was waiting for my cashback from costco for 3 month. I was driving there every month trying to figure out where is my money. Finally,I received it but they refused to redeem it without my husbund. They send coupon under his name although we have one account and the same rights. I am totally dissapointed with you guys!"

2017-05-13

the biggest cheater

"I am wondering why people shop at Costco. Not only the quality of most of the products by Kirkland is terrible, you can find the same product and same amount cheaper in there stores.
For example diapers Huggies is 39 while you can it 37 and even more dipers in the box. The Dawn was on sale for 2 dollars less and I found it the same price as regular price in Walmart.
People think that the toilet paper or paper towel are really economic but if you calculate you would see you pay more than the regular price in other store and if they are on sale elsewhere then you are ripped off at Costco. Let's bycode this money sucker. Don't let them think consumers are dumb.

2017-05-11

Sauna

"We ordered a sauna from costco.com. We are long time members.
Not only did the sauna take over two weeks to get from California to Harrisburg but the shipper then did not deliver on the arranged date. Today, the day after, I have now been given four different stories as to why it has not arrived. Finally the truck driver called and told me he had no idea we were waiting because his dispatcher did not notify him of a time to deliver. The shipping company is Saia LTL Freight out of Georgia. I am amazed that a reputable company like Costco uses these people. No communication from them and when I call nothing but a bunch of half truths.
I did inform the shipper when they originally called to schedule the delivery that we were going away this morning. Thats why we scheduled for the day before. Here it is almost 4:30 and no delivery and a ruined trip.
Guaranteed we will never order from Costco.com again

2017-05-11

Wedding Flowers

"My bride placed a order 10 days in advance of our wedding. Made several calls to customer service concerning the order. They never notified her the order wasnt shipping. This was a order for 150 roses in the wedding colors. She is heart broke. Due to there poor customer service which just says they are sorry. What kind of company would do this. Never expected it from Costco. You can bet I will spread the word."

2017-05-10

Poor delivery

"Ordered a 100lb freezer and they delivered it in the cort yard on my lawn. Did not ring door bell. Did not notify by phone. UPS was shipper. Be aware before you order online if the shipper is private or UPS. "

2017-04-04

Decent store, to bad they don't carry stuff consistently.

"We go for a few items and half the time they don't stock them. Maybe next visit? I've started ordering items online because of them not having them consistently in stock. And if they do it almost always in different spots around the store. Certainly good prices, but I wonder if I'll renew this year."

2017-04-01

Hours

"For being a big store you would think that they would have better weekend hours and be open later then 6pm. "

2017-03-19

The best store ever in my book

"I've been a Costco shopper for the past 20 years or so and I don't ever plan to stop going there. The products are of good quality and every complaint I've ever had has been addressed to my full satisfaction. I try not to take advantage of anyone (individual or company), but I do expect high quality goods at reasonable prices. I haven't had many issues with goods I've bought at Costco, because I trust that they check items very thoroughly. Most recently I returned a Nikon camera which I had used for 1.5 years before it stopped powering on. Nikon demanded $125 to repair the camera when the brand new camera only cost $245 - crazy! I went to Costco manager and advised what happened. The manager was not happy that I got a defective camera and took the item back. I could tell that Costco managers were genuinely interested in keeping me as a customer. I shop there weekly and spend a lot of money there each year - this is how the business should act. Well done. "

2017-03-16

Costco is the problem, not Yardline!!!!!

"I ordered a 2000.00 + wood swingset by Yardline
(Yardline Play Systems Ultra Fortress II Playset - Installation Included Item #726281)
on 3/9/2017. I was happily surprised when the COSTCO WEBSITE asked if I would like to have installation for 200.00! Wow, I thought, I don't have to find someone to put this together for me, after all, being a 47 year old woman (with a heart condition) who is getting this for her 6 year old granddaughter, this is wonderful! So yes please, add that! Order went thru and money is taken from my bank to pay for it. Imagine my surprise 5 days later when I get a confirmation email that I have cancelled the order????? What??? Why would I do that, I have told the 6 year old little girl it is coming and she will be able to play on it in about a month! So I ASSUME it is some kind of mistake. I call Costco customer service and a very kind lady informed me that the offered installation is not available in Spokane so COSTCO cancelled my order. No phone call to see if I possibly wanted it without the OFFERED BY COSTCO installation. NOPE, they just cancel it. Oh and even better, I get to wait at least 3 days for them to return my 2100.00! Seriously, Customer service is not even capable of reinstating the order they cancelled without the installation. I guess its time to get a Rainbow system, or Home Depot! Costco should fix the website to NOT offer things that they cannot provide, at bare minimum, make a phone call!

2017-03-16

Rude cashier

"My mom had two cards, one for me and her. Today at Costco I went to use it to buy some groceries for the month and one cashier told me next time I need her to buy stuff and scanned me through, OK expected, another came up and started yelling at me and grabbed my card and demand my ID which she then walked off with, after that she told me I can't shop here and "get out, go, you're dismissed" and laughed. I had to come back 20 min later to pick up a prescription I dropped off and my card wasn't working, luckily you don't need a card for the pharmacy but still she put a hold on my card. Pharmacy is always very helpful and nice and would rate them 10/10. I've had them catch it before but they were always very nice about it. I will never go back to Costco and when my membership ends in July my mom will be cancelling my card and down grading her executive membership."

2017-03-03

Horrible customers service and racist

"I don't even want to begin to explain that the cashier was in a pissy mood and because of that she refused to sell me my products she said she didn't take debit and because i didn't have my husband with me who has the same account she didn't want to take my payment I left a cart full of items for my 2 young kids, my kids were so upset and cried asking why they lady didn't let them have their food? Yup Canada is starting to **** big time. Not to mention she was a racist, i am so over you costco you **** and I will tell anyone I encounter how bad you ****. Most of their stuff isn't even fresh as it gets taken and put back so many times, eat the food at your own discretion don't say you weren't warned."

2017-01-31

Shopping is not easy

"It is very difficult to find what you need in store. Really, prices are not so interesting. You waste a lot of time for small savings."

2017-01-29

Costco online service slow as a herd of turtles ! Terrible service !

"Ordered a new Samsung washer dryer on Costco online dec 23, 2016 . Almost a month later it arrives on Jan 21st but only 1 piece . Then I wait till the following Saturday for both pieces to arrive . Delivery guys unpack washer and a big dent on front and a weird bulge at front where the top joins to the front piece. They say to call Costco.ca .I did so and got a ticket number and told to wait three days. I did a search on the washer and turns out its on recall for the top of washer detaching from the bottom during high spin, I didnt even hook it up. I send a follow up email with photos and all I get 3 days later is an email to send the serial number. I do so and wait another day and half and nothing , it's now Thursday January 26 noon and I call. I get a Justin whom is young and I can tell doesn't care. Says a return of the units and for them arrange pick up will take up to 4 weeks . Also I tried the steam dryer which my dry clothes on steam came out wet each time. I tell him this and again not much support . I'm not impressed with the lack of follow up from Costco on line resolution centre . Justin of the resolution centre **** ! Frustrating customer support and no real follow up ! Instead of waiting a month I had to get some friends to help me load up the washer and dryer on my truck and I returned them ar store in Regina Saskatchewan.
Stay away from Costco online if you want appliances. Also top load Samsung washer and steam dryer junk !!! This is the 5.5 cu ft white top load washer and matching steam dryer, recall notice is still hanging up on wall at Costco as of January 29, 2017. Regina, Saskatchewan Canada What a trerrible experience !!

2016-07-16

Doing a return with Costco is worse then a nightmare!!

"I am into my 3rd week on having to deal with a return and it has been nothing more then a nightmare. All I need is a return label from UPS and every 612147267time I contact them they give me a new excuse for example they said it takes up to 10 business days to process a return request. After the 10 business days has passed they said UPS is backlogged and the most recent one is they accused me from calling at the end of the day on a Friday which would be hard to make a resolution to this return problem and get in touch with UPS since no one is in the Costco office on weekends in the return department.

First of all I called Friday morning at 9:05 am to make sure that they had a full day to deal with this return problem. They also told me Friday morning that they would send me the return label by the end of the day Friday or Saturday....another lie because the return department is closed on Saturdays!

I'm appalled that there is so much disorganization and excuses being made in this company just for a simple return label!! Costco is supposed to be in the top 10 ranking companies in the Americas. I have better return success with best buy and bed bath and beyond and Amazon if having to do a return then with Costco.

I do not recommend ANYONE placing an online order with Costco in case you have to do a return for whatever the reason may be. Satisfaction is not guaranteed through them and felt it is important to share this with all of you...good luck and happy online shopping

Share Costco's store rating

Costco is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Costco is not a merchant member
Costco does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!