Stores > Costco

Customer service: Rating 1.43/10 1.43/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.67/10 1.67/10

2016-01-26

Horrible Customer Service, waited all day

"I was in the Costco langely in canada, the optical department.
I had brought my prescription and was trying to buy a frame for $250.
I spent about 40 minutes having different people take my measurements, then the costco had to call another costco to confirm they had taken my eye exam and the prescription was from them. About 40 minutes later the costco finally called back and said yes the exam was taken by them a day earlier and that was my prescription. After taking my measurements again and punching it in on the computer they said their frame could not be ordered by me because the prescription i need is below 4.5 and mine was 6, they told me to look for another frame and i told them i had just waited 3 hours for them to figure their **** out and they said oh well we are about to close today please come back tomorrow.
Basically wasted around 4hours of my time standing around in costco looling like an idiot because they cabt figure out how to get **** done.

I think u should find out if the glasses frame could be used with my prescription before wasting 3hours of my time.

Will never shop at costco again.

This review was modified by COSTCOMember on January 26 2016 05:36:18 PM

2016-01-24

Lost package and call disconnected by customer service

"I have placed the order for ellipitcal online on 12/28 and it was supposed to be delivered in two to three weeks. After multiple follows up on the status by myself using the tracking number, I was told at the end of third week the the order has been misplaced and the item is out of stock. Agreed to accept a different item as replacement and the order placed again on 1/19. I was told that the item will be delivered in two weeks at the time of placing this order. Now it is 1/24 and no further updates. I have called the customer service and they don't have any updates and i have simply wait. Further at expressing dissatisfaction and frustration, she says I can't blame Costco because
it is the problem with manufacturer even though they charged by card on 12/28 and my point of contact is Costco. Finally she disconnects the phone. Horrible service...Never place online orders with Costo.

2015-12-23

"I have yet to receive my parcel from costco. No tracking number was received apon online purchase. No notification of delivery. As of today December 23 it looks like someone will be missing there Christmas gift since package is being sent back to sender(Costco) with no email or phone call from there chosen delivery service UPS. Package was not delivered to my door, but held at some office in town. "

This review was modified by Rcher on December 23 2015 09:28:21 PM

2015-12-10

"I have a limp and it takes me longer than most to get around. I was in the Regina Costco today and after about an hour of limping about with a few things I my cart I was ready to go, but I needed to make a pit stop. I left my cart near the three tills closest to the feminine products because it would be safe there right? Nope! Took me 5ish minutes in the washroom, only to come back and find that the cart was gone! I wanted to cry! The little service I was offered by another gentleman I stopped and then the several requests to speak to the manager...Can no one help? Is there none in charge?
The manager, a gentleman who cared little because "Unfortunately it's where they leave carts with items to be put back," he said and I'm supposed to know that... When he realized I was limping and read my face, then it was then the "maybe I can do attitude" came out. A young lady tried finding "Ryan", the chap that put the cart contents back, asked if I'd like a seat (but unfortunately I can't sit) and off she went. So I grabbed the closest cart to me and began to reclaim what was almost mine the first go round, less a few things because I didn't have the gumption to get everything again. I ran into that same young lady while I was headed to a till, who had what appeared to be the original items (not in the same strategic set up) in a different cart. She said "Oh! So you have everything then?" She didn't wait for a response and moved on leaving me almost in tears (because I was in a lot of pain), feeling horrible and frustrated. Worst service ever! It's a good thing that the cashier, Norma (a supervisor on duty), and the lady at the door on your way out know about customer service! Kudos to them...
Now as I sit in my vehicle in tears because of the extra time spent reclaiming the goods, I have come to the conclusion that the itty bitty savings at Costco isn't worth the cost of the membership!
Sincerely,

I walk funny

2015-10-31

"My husband and I are Costco whole sale members since 1999. Always had good experience with it, Until today. we were at Costco in Wake Forest, Raleigh NC . On drink section there was a woman who was offering drink samples to costumers. My son and my daughter wanted to try it and they went toward the stand where Costco representative was offering a cup of drink to everyone. I was right in between her and my kids, standing on her left side. She had one drink on the tray. My son took it and thanked her and moved back. When my daughter walked toward the Costco staff, she looked at her. But didn't offer a cup. My daughter got confused and reached to the second tray which was closer to Costco staff. As soon as my daughter reached to the cup. Costco staff slapped my daughter's hand and said " OH, No, No". I called her immediately and let her know that she slapped my daughter's hand and she denied it as I was expecting. We would like to let you know about their unprofessional staff's behavior toward their members by writing a review about their store and very unpleasant customer service. "

2015-10-26

"Recently I purchased a cooked rotisserie chicken from Costco. As we were eating it we cut into the breast and found what looked like a tumor. Needless to say diner ended with stomach that were quite upset. It took a weeks for Costco to respond and another two weeks ++ for the supplier to leave a message. I returned the call the following week and again I have not heard a word. Hmmm, Costo what great customer service. Thanks for caring. My $$ amount means very little to them and by stopping my patronage to their establishment, it has no effect on the. So, I now tell my story and possibly they may follow through with their due diligence on the matter."

2015-10-19

"Ordered a laptop twice from these idiots. First order was not going to arrive on time so forced to cancel order through a 20 minute process. Re-ordered same product to a different address - no email / no contact but when I checked status they had cancelled this order as they do not ship to a Hotel where I am a registered guest without telling me - exasperated. I will use Amazon from now on as this company cannot perform on-line as a professional company. Hopeless. "

2015-10-16

i ordered cabinetry
order placed in online
and got order conformation mail
after that no shipping information from costco
i called to customer service one lady said order was cancelled ,
the reason she said i placed the order throw third party link
and she started acting hello hello and while im taking with her she just disconnected the phone

this is really bad
i can see my order in costco.com

2015-09-24

"HORRIBLE, Nightmare of an experience. I bought a TV and a Soundbar and both came damaged and broken. Costco takes no responsibility and tells you they shipped a replacement and then you call them to check up, they tell you its on hold for some strange reason and then they lie and say it went out. DO NOT DO BUSINESS with COSTCO.COM or their warehouses."

2015-09-01

"I had recently bought a Toshiba laptop from Costco and had a problem with reading PDF files. I called Toshiba customer support and they said they could review the problem for $60 so I refused. Then I called Costco technical support and they walked me through the steps of fixing it for free in a bit less than 30 minutes. Greatly appreciated."

This review was modified by jjmon132 on September 01 2015 06:51:50 PM

2015-08-14

"I bought the Hotpoint SXBD 925G F, A+ Rating, Side-by-Side Fridge Freezer Item #176059 - for £679.99. Dobule doors were not in level and closing door got problem, it is not closing the door. We called the engineer to solve door issue, he was not able to resolved the issue. So we decided to return the item and latter return the Fridge Freezer. After taking item to their warehouse they have not refund the money more than one and half month, till now not paid. I have chasing the call center guys 5-6 times. Initial calls they told they have processed everything the payment will be made with one or two days, it was happened in the first 30 days. Latter now in the last two calls they are saying they yet to receive receipt of the item from the transporter. Call center guys never send any confirmation about the status or call. Every time I call nobody cares about, even they don't recrod our complaint. My experience in Costco online purchase is nightmare, I am yet receive the money, it is looks like costco mercy only I will get the money. "

This review was modified by yogaraja on August 14 2015 04:50:12 AM

2015-07-10

"I ordered a Lenovo S4170 laptop; and paid for regular shipping.
But it arrived the NEXT DAY!
Awesome service; thanks Costco

2015-06-03

"Had been a loyal Costco member for few years, and were quite satisfied with their food quality and customer service. if you like to stock lots of food or groceries at home or office, then what you can get there is well worth their membership fee. Otherwise, if you are single or don't like to stock up stuff at home, then just go to any typical grocery store you like. As for their online shopping, I didn't have any issue either."

2015-05-20

"I am very disappointed with Costco, I have a business membership and have spent thousands of dollars in the store over the years. I purchased a 42in VIzio TV that went out after 4 years!! TV used to last longer, I wanted to purchase another with a discount. NO!!! A previously loyal customer!"

2015-03-26

"Never Costco.com again!!!!! I have ordered a treadmill a month ago. As per tracking it's been dropped off at the carrier that suppose to deal with home delieveries on the 10th of March. Today is the 26th and I still don't have it. I called twice to costco.com customer service, they are keep promising "tomorrow" but it hasn't been resolved....The worst part is when I started complaining that I didn't expect service like that from Costco, the operator said that the delivery people are "good people" ....huh??? why do I care??? perhaps they are good people, but not such a good employees!!! It is so frustrating that even a company believed to be great is not!"

Share Costco's store rating

Costco is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Costco is not a merchant member
Costco does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!