• Costco

Chance of future purchase: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 7.50/10 7.50/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.50/10 0.50/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 4.17/10 4.17/10

"I bought the Hotpoint SXBD 925G F, A+ Rating, Side-by-Side Fridge Freezer Item #176059 - for £679.99. Dobule doors were not in level and closing door got problem, it is not closing the door. We called the engineer to solve door issue, he was not able to resolved the issue. So we decided to return the item and latter return the Fridge Freezer. After taking item to their warehouse they have not refund the money more than one and half month, till now not paid. I have chasing the call center guys 5-6 times. Initial calls they told they have processed everything the payment will be made with one or two days, it was happened in the first 30 days. Latter now in the last two calls they are saying they yet to receive receipt of the item from the transporter. Call center guys never send any confirmation about the status or call. Every time I call nobody cares about, even they don't recrod our complaint. My experience in Costco online purchase is nightmare, I am yet receive the money, it is looks like costco mercy only I will get the money. "

This review was modified by yogaraja on August 14 2015 04:50:12 AM

"I ordered a Lenovo S4170 laptop; and paid for regular shipping.
But it arrived the NEXT DAY!
Awesome service; thanks Costco

"Had been a loyal Costco member for few years, and were quite satisfied with their food quality and customer service. if you like to stock lots of food or groceries at home or office, then what you can get there is well worth their membership fee. Otherwise, if you are single or don't like to stock up stuff at home, then just go to any typical grocery store you like. As for their online shopping, I didn't have any issue either."

"I am very disappointed with Costco, I have a business membership and have spent thousands of dollars in the store over the years. I purchased a 42in VIzio TV that went out after 4 years!! TV used to last longer, I wanted to purchase another with a discount. NO!!! A previously loyal customer!"

"Never Costco.com again!!!!! I have ordered a treadmill a month ago. As per tracking it's been dropped off at the carrier that suppose to deal with home delieveries on the 10th of March. Today is the 26th and I still don't have it. I called twice to costco.com customer service, they are keep promising "tomorrow" but it hasn't been resolved....The worst part is when I started complaining that I didn't expect service like that from Costco, the operator said that the delivery people are "good people" ....huh??? why do I care??? perhaps they are good people, but not such a good employees!!! It is so frustrating that even a company believed to be great is not!"

"I realized today that buying your groceries at a local grocery store has it's advantages. I bought a big tray of Costco Mac-n-cheese that was in the homemade pizza section. It looked really good and when I cooked it- it was good. Problem is I had really bad bowel pains and you know the "D" word. I only get this when I eat food with whitener or msg in it. When I called to complain and ask for credit because I could not eat it, they told me that they are not responsible since they have labels of ingredients on it. The lady basically said too bad and told me she has this problem when she eats too much dairy. Really? How did this become about her? My point is that I know had this been a local grocery they would have at the very least sympathized but probably because they know I'll keep coming back would have given me credit."

"I just found out through a friend that Costco was a major supporter of the Obama campaign. I would never have purchased a membership nor would I have gotten one for my Dad if I had known this. I do not want to support a store that has no morals or does not believe in God. We will not be renewing our membership and I have discontinued shopping there."

This review was modified by rusty2 on February 14 2015 03:14:08 PM

"I placed an order for Christmas gift online. After placing the order, I contacted online customer service to verify if the item would be delivered before Christmas. The customer service representative told me the item was in stock at their Atlanta fulfilment center, and that I should receive by the 24th. I check my order status today which still shows my order as being processed. I called online customer service again. The person I spoke with tried to feed me a bunch of BS, and I caught her in a lie twice. I'll never purchase from Costco.com again and if I don't receive my order by the 24th the order will be cancelled; however, I will continue shopping in their warehouses directly. "

This review was modified by UnhappyMember on December 23 2014 12:25:40 PM

"I ordered a computer online for my wife for Christmas. It never arrived. I have called them nearly every day for 7 days and each time they have promised that a new one would be shipped. Now it is too late to get my money back in time to get her a present. Thanks Costco"

"On 10/17/14 I notice group of man to perform a ritual muslin prayers in the corner of the water department on the floor of COSTCO Rego Park location in New York city. Since when grocery shopping become a place for religion rituals? What about other religions or people, who is not affiliated with religion? When I point out to the manager of this store, he only laughed remarks at my back.

On the other issue,I bought a bag of salad:48757 Organic Spring Mix by Earthbound farm it was completely spoiled with adore, only preoccupy by more important things,stop me from returning this item back to the store.
From now on, I will be avoid to shop in this location.

"I sent this once before but got no confirmation: Friday at 12:30 pm we left our truck at the Independance, Mo tire dept to have the $947.87 tires installed. When I left the truck I was surprised at the lack of customer service. No good afternoon sir no small talk. At 2:00 pm I was called back to get more money to install valve stems, they made sure I paid upfront; no trust there. I came back at 3:00pm and the truck had no tires on it. then cashier finally told me that they had stripped all of the lug nuts on 3 wheels. This was not good on my $50K Dodge Ram 2500 and our only means of transportation while visiting the KC area. The tire manager came out them and told me it was my responsibility and they had no liability for any vehicle left for them to work on. He said I should have it towed. I thought how can it be towed with no wheels. so I asked to see the store manager. He showed up about 20 min. later. He made no introduction and got very close and told me that I would needed to get the truck towed and out of their shop as they did nothing but tires and were not responsible for any damage to the lug nuts or studs while replacing tires. I said that this was a bad way to treat a member of 10 years. I also told him that I was retires Journeyman Maintenance Man and they could use a threat chaser(die nut) to clean the threads up so the new nut would not be ruined. He then changed and said he would pay for the nuts and offered us free food; we declined the food. At 6:30 after 5 1/2 hours the truck was finished with one nut short on the RF and RR tires. They said that we should get them fixed. They never once called me sir or used any other normal customer service smoothing technique. Never apologized for the wait or anything. Never once acted like we were even people. They were combative throughout.
Saturday I bought a die nut and repaired all 32 wheel studs and torqued all to 135 ft lbs. I had to add air to the nitrogen fill tires as they were not set as I asked 60 front 80 rear for max load. the cashier said they would set them at unloaded specs. It doesn't matter as I will never go to a Costco tire dept again. I would like to stop using Costco but my wife loves Kirkland products. You can use the $15 x 4 for rotate and balance to help repay the money you spent to replace the nuts you ruined. As I will never let anyone at costco touch my truck again.

Northeast

"Nothing but great experiences with this company
Very liberal return policy and courteous customer service. I can't say enough positive things about them. We have purchased play yard equipment, dehumidifiers, patio furniture and office supplies. You can return at the store or by mail. All items were received free of damage and they have never refused to accept a return, Wish all companies were like them

"I ordered furniture from costco.com on 5/3/2014 (about 3 months ago). But so far I have got frustrated with the order, I do not know what's going on with the shipping. The shipping point to "http://www.lodeso.com", the last update is
"First Attempt to Contact Customer 06/13/2014" I have never been contacted by the shipping company. I called COSTCO customer service many times, asking about where my order is. Each time somebody from COSTCO called back telling me that they will contact with the carrier and ask carrier to contact us, but the carrier never contacted us. COSTCO is kicking the ball to the carrier, I feel that COSTCO should be fully responsible for
the product they sell on their website. It is really a worst online shopping experience from COSTCO.com

This review was modified by charlie_c_luo on August 02 2014 09:44:12 AM

"I have ordered 3 flash drives, each in different dates online from COSTCO. I got confirmation mail and UPS shipping number, but non of the orders were delivered even after one month. When i call Costco customer case, they were saying UPS deliver the item to local postal service and they will deliver the item, and the problem could be with my post box. But, i told them that i am getting mails even promotion mails from Costco. Finally, Costco executive said they are not responsible for the items shipping, but they take only order and they will not have track of those items. After one month, when i called them, they said they will refund the amount. Poor customer support and no tracking. From my experience, i strongly recommend not to go with Costco Online purchase."

"Beware of President Feta cheating customers on the weight of the products. I bought 5 slabs of Feta and noticed 1 of it cost more than the rest, it was 5 lbs stated on the label with the price of $21.79. When I weigh it, it was only 2.38 lbs. I paid almost $11.00 more! Also, I noticed every slab of Feta does not weigh more than 3 lbs. I had to return it the next day. Customer service told me they cannot weigh to prove it. Be careful to check if the items claimed its weight.

This review was modified by AudreyF on June 21 2014 08:17:29 PM

Share Costco's store rating

Costco is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Costco is not a merchant member
Costco does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!