Stores > Costco

Chance of future purchase: Rating 4.06/10 4.06/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.79/10 1.79/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 3.33/10 3.33/10

"My husband and I are Costco whole sale members since 1999. Always had good experience with it, Until today. we were at Costco in Wake Forest, Raleigh NC . On drink section there was a woman who was offering drink samples to costumers. My son and my daughter wanted to try it and they went toward the stand where Costco representative was offering a cup of drink to everyone. I was right in between her and my kids, standing on her left side. She had one drink on the tray. My son took it and thanked her and moved back. When my daughter walked toward the Costco staff, she looked at her. But didn't offer a cup. My daughter got confused and reached to the second tray which was closer to Costco staff. As soon as my daughter reached to the cup. Costco staff slapped my daughter's hand and said " OH, No, No". I called her immediately and let her know that she slapped my daughter's hand and she denied it as I was expecting. We would like to let you know about their unprofessional staff's behavior toward their members by writing a review about their store and very unpleasant customer service. "

"Recently I purchased a cooked rotisserie chicken from Costco. As we were eating it we cut into the breast and found what looked like a tumor. Needless to say diner ended with stomach that were quite upset. It took a weeks for Costco to respond and another two weeks ++ for the supplier to leave a message. I returned the call the following week and again I have not heard a word. Hmmm, Costo what great customer service. Thanks for caring. My $$ amount means very little to them and by stopping my patronage to their establishment, it has no effect on the. So, I now tell my story and possibly they may follow through with their due diligence on the matter."

"Ordered a laptop twice from these idiots. First order was not going to arrive on time so forced to cancel order through a 20 minute process. Re-ordered same product to a different address - no email / no contact but when I checked status they had cancelled this order as they do not ship to a Hotel where I am a registered guest without telling me - exasperated. I will use Amazon from now on as this company cannot perform on-line as a professional company. Hopeless. "

i ordered cabinetry
order placed in online
and got order conformation mail
after that no shipping information from costco
i called to customer service one lady said order was cancelled ,
the reason she said i placed the order throw third party link
and she started acting hello hello and while im taking with her she just disconnected the phone

this is really bad
i can see my order in costco.com

"HORRIBLE, Nightmare of an experience. I bought a TV and a Soundbar and both came damaged and broken. Costco takes no responsibility and tells you they shipped a replacement and then you call them to check up, they tell you its on hold for some strange reason and then they lie and say it went out. DO NOT DO BUSINESS with COSTCO.COM or their warehouses."

"I had recently bought a Toshiba laptop from Costco and had a problem with reading PDF files. I called Toshiba customer support and they said they could review the problem for $60 so I refused. Then I called Costco technical support and they walked me through the steps of fixing it for free in a bit less than 30 minutes. Greatly appreciated."

This review was modified by jjmon132 on September 01 2015 06:51:50 PM

"I bought the Hotpoint SXBD 925G F, A+ Rating, Side-by-Side Fridge Freezer Item #176059 - for £679.99. Dobule doors were not in level and closing door got problem, it is not closing the door. We called the engineer to solve door issue, he was not able to resolved the issue. So we decided to return the item and latter return the Fridge Freezer. After taking item to their warehouse they have not refund the money more than one and half month, till now not paid. I have chasing the call center guys 5-6 times. Initial calls they told they have processed everything the payment will be made with one or two days, it was happened in the first 30 days. Latter now in the last two calls they are saying they yet to receive receipt of the item from the transporter. Call center guys never send any confirmation about the status or call. Every time I call nobody cares about, even they don't recrod our complaint. My experience in Costco online purchase is nightmare, I am yet receive the money, it is looks like costco mercy only I will get the money. "

This review was modified by yogaraja on August 14 2015 04:50:12 AM

"I ordered a Lenovo S4170 laptop; and paid for regular shipping.
But it arrived the NEXT DAY!
Awesome service; thanks Costco

"Had been a loyal Costco member for few years, and were quite satisfied with their food quality and customer service. if you like to stock lots of food or groceries at home or office, then what you can get there is well worth their membership fee. Otherwise, if you are single or don't like to stock up stuff at home, then just go to any typical grocery store you like. As for their online shopping, I didn't have any issue either."

"I am very disappointed with Costco, I have a business membership and have spent thousands of dollars in the store over the years. I purchased a 42in VIzio TV that went out after 4 years!! TV used to last longer, I wanted to purchase another with a discount. NO!!! A previously loyal customer!"

"Never Costco.com again!!!!! I have ordered a treadmill a month ago. As per tracking it's been dropped off at the carrier that suppose to deal with home delieveries on the 10th of March. Today is the 26th and I still don't have it. I called twice to costco.com customer service, they are keep promising "tomorrow" but it hasn't been resolved....The worst part is when I started complaining that I didn't expect service like that from Costco, the operator said that the delivery people are "good people" ....huh??? why do I care??? perhaps they are good people, but not such a good employees!!! It is so frustrating that even a company believed to be great is not!"

"I realized today that buying your groceries at a local grocery store has it's advantages. I bought a big tray of Costco Mac-n-cheese that was in the homemade pizza section. It looked really good and when I cooked it- it was good. Problem is I had really bad bowel pains and you know the "D" word. I only get this when I eat food with whitener or msg in it. When I called to complain and ask for credit because I could not eat it, they told me that they are not responsible since they have labels of ingredients on it. The lady basically said too bad and told me she has this problem when she eats too much dairy. Really? How did this become about her? My point is that I know had this been a local grocery they would have at the very least sympathized but probably because they know I'll keep coming back would have given me credit."

"I just found out through a friend that Costco was a major supporter of the Obama campaign. I would never have purchased a membership nor would I have gotten one for my Dad if I had known this. I do not want to support a store that has no morals or does not believe in God. We will not be renewing our membership and I have discontinued shopping there."

This review was modified by rusty2 on February 14 2015 03:14:08 PM

"I placed an order for Christmas gift online. After placing the order, I contacted online customer service to verify if the item would be delivered before Christmas. The customer service representative told me the item was in stock at their Atlanta fulfilment center, and that I should receive by the 24th. I check my order status today which still shows my order as being processed. I called online customer service again. The person I spoke with tried to feed me a bunch of BS, and I caught her in a lie twice. I'll never purchase from Costco.com again and if I don't receive my order by the 24th the order will be cancelled; however, I will continue shopping in their warehouses directly. "

This review was modified by UnhappyMember on December 23 2014 12:25:40 PM

"I ordered a computer online for my wife for Christmas. It never arrived. I have called them nearly every day for 7 days and each time they have promised that a new one would be shipped. Now it is too late to get my money back in time to get her a present. Thanks Costco"

Share Costco's store rating

Costco is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Costco is not a merchant member
Costco does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!