Product & services pricing Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Customer service: Rating 2.08/10 2.08/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 2.08/10 2.08/10

Northeast

"Nothing but great experiences with this company
Very liberal return policy and courteous customer service. I can't say enough positive things about them. We have purchased play yard equipment, dehumidifiers, patio furniture and office supplies. You can return at the store or by mail. All items were received free of damage and they have never refused to accept a return, Wish all companies were like them

"I ordered furniture from costco.com on 5/3/2014 (about 3 months ago). But so far I have got frustrated with the order, I do not know what's going on with the shipping. The shipping point to "http://www.lodeso.com", the last update is
"First Attempt to Contact Customer 06/13/2014" I have never been contacted by the shipping company. I called COSTCO customer service many times, asking about where my order is. Each time somebody from COSTCO called back telling me that they will contact with the carrier and ask carrier to contact us, but the carrier never contacted us. COSTCO is kicking the ball to the carrier, I feel that COSTCO should be fully responsible for
the product they sell on their website. It is really a worst online shopping experience from COSTCO.com

modified review This review was modified by charlie_c_luo on August 02 2014 09:44:12 AM

"I have ordered 3 flash drives, each in different dates online from COSTCO. I got confirmation mail and UPS shipping number, but non of the orders were delivered even after one month. When i call Costco customer case, they were saying UPS deliver the item to local postal service and they will deliver the item, and the problem could be with my post box. But, i told them that i am getting mails even promotion mails from Costco. Finally, Costco executive said they are not responsible for the items shipping, but they take only order and they will not have track of those items. After one month, when i called them, they said they will refund the amount. Poor customer support and no tracking. From my experience, i strongly recommend not to go with Costco Online purchase."

"Beware of President Feta cheating customers on the weight of the products. I bought 5 slabs of Feta and noticed 1 of it cost more than the rest, it was 5 lbs stated on the label with the price of $21.79. When I weigh it, it was only 2.38 lbs. I paid almost $11.00 more! Also, I noticed every slab of Feta does not weigh more than 3 lbs. I had to return it the next day. Customer service told me they cannot weigh to prove it. Be careful to check if the items claimed its weight.

modified review This review was modified by AudreyF on June 21 2014 08:17:29 PM

"I ordered a laptop for my friend and it got cancelled saying the address is inaccurate. I contacted them and executive asked me to order again and send the order # to process the order. I tried two times, send the details to executive, but the order is cancelled automatically all the time. I got the same from Amazon and they delivered to the same address. Costco keep sending auto generated email saying inaccurate address, instead of addressing the issue separately. Please do not purchase online, or you can buy from store and ship through UPS"

modified review This review was modified by avbandroid on June 17 2014 06:57:04 PM

"I purchased a sewing machine from the Mettawa, Illinois store in November 2013. When I made the purchase the sale price was no longer valid, but that if it went on sale within a year they would price match. The same model was on sale in their online only flyer for April, 2014. I called the store and explained when I purchased the machine and asked if they could price match with the online. I was told yes they could. I went to the store the following day, only to be told they don't price match. I even showed them the call from my phone and the exact time of the call, but basically I got a screw you attitude. I drove home (20miles) got the machine and returned it to the store. This time I spoke to the real manager, and he was useless. I did mention that if two different people told me something that was inaccurate perhaps he needed a new training program. I called the corporate customer service and all they did was say they were sorry and someone would call me in a few days. I'm not happy. I stopped going to Sam's Club because of poor customer service. Guess I will go back to Sam's and get abused closer to home."

modified review This review was modified by JaniceCarlisle on April 05 2014 01:33:05 PM

"In the past, I have had excellent customer service with Costco Photos. The price is reasonable and the end product has been what I wanted. However,after my recent experience with Greetings by Costco, I will no longer use the photo department. This year I ordered 150 Christmas cards online. I knew it would take 5-7 days to receive them. They did arrive at the local warehouse in 7 days. The problem was I only received 50 cards (1/3 of my order.) The local warehouse checked into it and the corporate office for the photo department admitted they did not complete my entire order. I was told they would correct the situation and overnight them to my local warehouse. That meant the cards were to arrive by the 19th of December. I was told I would receive a phone call when they arrived. On the 20th of December, I went to the local warehouse to check on the order since I had not heard from them. I needed to get my cards in the mail. The cards were not there. The person running the photo center was unable to locate them. He called the corporate office and was put on hold. After 24 minutes, his call was answer. He was told they had not sent them yet, but they would process them and the local warehouse would receive them by Dec. 23rd or 24th. I understand that mistakes happen, but I thought they were correcting there mistake by sending them overnight. That didn't happen. So now the company made two mistakes. First, they didn't print enough. Second, they were not honest about sending them overnight. I received the phone number to call corporate. I was put on hold for over 30 minutes. After explaining to the person answering the phone that I wanted to cancel my order and to receive a refund, I was told I would have to drive back to the local warehouse to receive a refund. I asked to speak to the supervisor. Again, I was on hold for over 30 minutes. The supervisor told me the same thing. She also passed the buck and said it was a processing center that made the mistake, not Costco. I went back to the warehouse and designed new cards that could be finished today. The person working in the photo center was very apologetic and printed them within one hour. I was able to get a refund at the customer service desk for the original order. I left and went home. That's when I realized I didn't get envelopes for the new order. I had to go back to get the envelopes. So after four trips to Costco, several hours of my time and lots of gasoline. I was able to get Christmas cards. Just not the ones I wanted. In the future, I will be printing my photos somewhere else where they will not pass the buck to their mistakes. "

modified review This review was modified by CynthiaChaffin on December 20 2013 11:31:16 AM

"Just a note, when you pay for 2 day shipping it is not two day shipping (scam) two day shipping is four to five day shipping with 3-5 day processing! And these of course are working days so do the math. There is no Two Day Shipping, Don't care how they word it. I paid more for shipping than the product. Very unhappy with this two day shipping scam!!!!"

modified review This review was modified by BillSmiley on December 19 2013 07:02:21 PM

"don't buy your winter tires at Costco - unless you don't mind waiting in long lineups for hours for service only to find out the tires you ordered a month ago still have not come in and costco has no way to track them in their system -worst service anywhere!"

"I am so extremely disappointed with my Costco.com experience. I have had better shopping experiences with shady electronics stores in Brooklyn, NY.

I purchased a King-sized mattress topper that was advertised on Costco.com as "4-lb memory foam" on August 22, 2013. I received the topper on August 28. The entire package weighed only 41 lbs, which is 18 lbs. short of what 4-pound memory foam should weigh in a King size. I called Costco.com to return the product. I was told the shipper would contact me in a couple of days to arrange pickup. A week later when the shipper hadn't yet contacted me I called Costco.com again. This time I was told it might take up to two weeks for the shipper to contact me and that I should just wait. At the end of two weeks I still hadn't heard anything and I called Costco.com again. This time the shipper contacted me right away and arranged to pick up the mattress topper on September 17. I waited two weeks after the mattress topper was returned and checked my credit card - there was no credit. I called Costco.com and they told me that they were going to call the returns department and ask them to issue a credit within 2-3 days. I waited another week and there was still no credit to my credit card, so I called again. Again, I was told that they would contact the returns department and issue me a credit in 2-3 days. Here I am two months after my order and I still don't have the refund.

At this point I am growing sick and tired of having to call Costco.com every week to push them to do their job, and still they don't do it. There is no way on Earth I am going to purchase anything from Costco.com again. This experience has been completely exasperating. I suggest that somebody from Costco.com arrange some lessons with representatives from Amazon.com or Overstock.com on how to process customer returns in a timely and satisfactory manner.

Costco.com is a completely different animal than your local Costco store. The stores have exemplary customer service, but costco.com is run by apathetic people who are slower than government employees.

"HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE WITH COSTCO.COM (Not with local Costco Store).

I ordered a $1,100.00 Cappuccino Machine as a gift on Monday 16/09 and I paid extra for 2 days delivery.
On Thursday 19/09 I received a notification with the tracking number and delivery date for Monday 23/09, really? A 2 Day delivery take 7 days???
Called them, and I was told that they don't know why it toke so long to be shipped out.
It was suppose to be a gift!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS: by the way, I wrote 1 review exactly like this one at Costco.com, and it never was displayed. After 48 hours I wrote same review and nothing. After 3 identical reviews none were ever approved by Costco, and that's pathetic, they only approve reviews that don't affect Costco reputation....WATCH OUT!!!

I have been using my local Costco store since 2007 and zero problems, but stay away from their online store, they're disorganized, irresponsible and nobody knows what is going on.

modified review This review was modified by Fly_Low on September 23 2013 05:37:02 PM

"Went to Costco 3 times . Again & again & again... they refused to give me a membership card that my husband bought under my name. We just got married. My address & his address is different on our ID cards.
Such a messed up service. Very rude people
. I am so disappointed by their behaviour.

modified review This review was modified by Sapna_321 on August 21 2013 03:04:48 PM

"Purchased Nikon camera in Costco in Marlboro, NJ. Cant be happier. The price is the lowest you can find."

"4/19/13 I went to the Turlock Costco for an eye exam and to purchase 2 pairs of glasses. After my exam the doctor recommended several things to get in the glass frames to help with skin irritation. I went to the optical department where I was the only customer. Daniel was the employee on duty. He seemed preoccupied when I spoke to him. I started to explain what the doctor had suggested I look for in the glass frames. Daniel interrupted me and pointed at the wall and said the glasses are on the wall. He did not offer any other help. I picked out two pair of frames and returned to Daniel and started to ask him if they had the features the doctor recommended. Daniel just said buy the ones you like. It was obvious that Daniel was not going help me. I left and contacted the eye doctor and learned he had no control over the optical department. He said I should contact Nick the manager of optical. I spoke with asst. store manager Danielle, she said Daniel was a floater and did not work in the optical department full time. I told Danielle that I wanted to return and purchase my glasses when Daniel was not working. Danielle said Nick would be calling me in the next 1-2 days to schedule my appointment.
4/23/13 I had not been contacted by Nick or anyone else at Costco, I called the Turlock store and asked for the store manager Tony. I was told he was not expected back for a week or more, nor did Tony have voice mail. I was again promised I would be called back. I then called Costco member service at 1-800-774-2678. I explained what had happened, they confirmed the employee names I had been dealing with and trying to reach. Member service took my information and promised me someone in management from the Turlock store would be calling me that day. As 0f 4/24/13 5:00pm I have not been contacted by anyone from the Turlock Costco store.

"I recently rented a car throught the Costco websites travel section. I had numerous problems with the rental car company and sent an email to that company and received no response. I then emailed Costco's Customer Service. Two days later Costco contacted me to let me know they had spoken to the rental car company and I would be receiving nearly a 50% refund. I couldn't have imagined such a quick and affective response. Not to mention that Costco's original call to me resulted in them leaving me a message including a specifics ron to call back. When I called back I actually spoke to the person who had left me the message and who had been handling my complaint rather than some random person. Very impressive action and response. "

Costco is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Costco is not a merchant member
Costco does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!