• Rating 2.33/10 111 reviews

Costco is not a merchant member
    Costco does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!
  • Costco contact information

Product & services pricing Rating 3.33/10 3.33/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.25/10 1.25/10

"I purchased a sewing machine from the Mettawa, Illinois store in November 2013. When I made the purchase the sale price was no longer valid, but that if it went on sale within a year they would price match. The same model was on sale in their online only flyer for April, 2014. I called the store and explained when I purchased the machine and asked if they could price match with the online. I was told yes they could. I went to the store the following day, only to be told they don't price match. I even showed them the call from my phone and the exact time of the call, but basically I got a screw you attitude. I drove home (20miles) got the machine and returned it to the store. This time I spoke to the real manager, and he was useless. I did mention that if two different people told me something that was inaccurate perhaps he needed a new training program. I called the corporate customer service and all they did was say they were sorry and someone would call me in a few days. I'm not happy. I stopped going to Sam's Club because of poor customer service. Guess I will go back to Sam's and get abused closer to home."

modified review This review was modified by JaniceCarlisle on April 05 2014 01:33:05 PM

"In the past, I have had excellent customer service with Costco Photos. The price is reasonable and the end product has been what I wanted. However,after my recent experience with Greetings by Costco, I will no longer use the photo department. This year I ordered 150 Christmas cards online. I knew it would take 5-7 days to receive them. They did arrive at the local warehouse in 7 days. The problem was I only received 50 cards (1/3 of my order.) The local warehouse checked into it and the corporate office for the photo department admitted they did not complete my entire order. I was told they would correct the situation and overnight them to my local warehouse. That meant the cards were to arrive by the 19th of December. I was told I would receive a phone call when they arrived. On the 20th of December, I went to the local warehouse to check on the order since I had not heard from them. I needed to get my cards in the mail. The cards were not there. The person running the photo center was unable to locate them. He called the corporate office and was put on hold. After 24 minutes, his call was answer. He was told they had not sent them yet, but they would process them and the local warehouse would receive them by Dec. 23rd or 24th. I understand that mistakes happen, but I thought they were correcting there mistake by sending them overnight. That didn't happen. So now the company made two mistakes. First, they didn't print enough. Second, they were not honest about sending them overnight. I received the phone number to call corporate. I was put on hold for over 30 minutes. After explaining to the person answering the phone that I wanted to cancel my order and to receive a refund, I was told I would have to drive back to the local warehouse to receive a refund. I asked to speak to the supervisor. Again, I was on hold for over 30 minutes. The supervisor told me the same thing. She also passed the buck and said it was a processing center that made the mistake, not Costco. I went back to the warehouse and designed new cards that could be finished today. The person working in the photo center was very apologetic and printed them within one hour. I was able to get a refund at the customer service desk for the original order. I left and went home. That's when I realized I didn't get envelopes for the new order. I had to go back to get the envelopes. So after four trips to Costco, several hours of my time and lots of gasoline. I was able to get Christmas cards. Just not the ones I wanted. In the future, I will be printing my photos somewhere else where they will not pass the buck to their mistakes. "

modified review This review was modified by CynthiaChaffin on December 20 2013 11:31:16 AM

"don't buy your winter tires at Costco - unless you don't mind waiting in long lineups for hours for service only to find out the tires you ordered a month ago still have not come in and costco has no way to track them in their system -worst service anywhere!"

"I am so extremely disappointed with my Costco.com experience. I have had better shopping experiences with shady electronics stores in Brooklyn, NY.

I purchased a King-sized mattress topper that was advertised on Costco.com as "4-lb memory foam" on August 22, 2013. I received the topper on August 28. The entire package weighed only 41 lbs, which is 18 lbs. short of what 4-pound memory foam should weigh in a King size. I called Costco.com to return the product. I was told the shipper would contact me in a couple of days to arrange pickup. A week later when the shipper hadn't yet contacted me I called Costco.com again. This time I was told it might take up to two weeks for the shipper to contact me and that I should just wait. At the end of two weeks I still hadn't heard anything and I called Costco.com again. This time the shipper contacted me right away and arranged to pick up the mattress topper on September 17. I waited two weeks after the mattress topper was returned and checked my credit card - there was no credit. I called Costco.com and they told me that they were going to call the returns department and ask them to issue a credit within 2-3 days. I waited another week and there was still no credit to my credit card, so I called again. Again, I was told that they would contact the returns department and issue me a credit in 2-3 days. Here I am two months after my order and I still don't have the refund.

At this point I am growing sick and tired of having to call Costco.com every week to push them to do their job, and still they don't do it. There is no way on Earth I am going to purchase anything from Costco.com again. This experience has been completely exasperating. I suggest that somebody from Costco.com arrange some lessons with representatives from Amazon.com or Overstock.com on how to process customer returns in a timely and satisfactory manner.

Costco.com is a completely different animal than your local Costco store. The stores have exemplary customer service, but costco.com is run by apathetic people who are slower than government employees.

"HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE WITH COSTCO.COM (Not with local Costco Store).

I ordered a $1,100.00 Cappuccino Machine as a gift on Monday 16/09 and I paid extra for 2 days delivery.
On Thursday 19/09 I received a notification with the tracking number and delivery date for Monday 23/09, really? A 2 Day delivery take 7 days???
Called them, and I was told that they don't know why it toke so long to be shipped out.
It was suppose to be a gift!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS: by the way, I wrote 1 review exactly like this one at Costco.com, and it never was displayed. After 48 hours I wrote same review and nothing. After 3 identical reviews none were ever approved by Costco, and that's pathetic, they only approve reviews that don't affect Costco reputation....WATCH OUT!!!

I have been using my local Costco store since 2007 and zero problems, but stay away from their online store, they're disorganized, irresponsible and nobody knows what is going on.

modified review This review was modified by Fly_Low on September 23 2013 05:37:02 PM

"Purchased Nikon camera in Costco in Marlboro, NJ. Cant be happier. The price is the lowest you can find."

"4/19/13 I went to the Turlock Costco for an eye exam and to purchase 2 pairs of glasses. After my exam the doctor recommended several things to get in the glass frames to help with skin irritation. I went to the optical department where I was the only customer. Daniel was the employee on duty. He seemed preoccupied when I spoke to him. I started to explain what the doctor had suggested I look for in the glass frames. Daniel interrupted me and pointed at the wall and said the glasses are on the wall. He did not offer any other help. I picked out two pair of frames and returned to Daniel and started to ask him if they had the features the doctor recommended. Daniel just said buy the ones you like. It was obvious that Daniel was not going help me. I left and contacted the eye doctor and learned he had no control over the optical department. He said I should contact Nick the manager of optical. I spoke with asst. store manager Danielle, she said Daniel was a floater and did not work in the optical department full time. I told Danielle that I wanted to return and purchase my glasses when Daniel was not working. Danielle said Nick would be calling me in the next 1-2 days to schedule my appointment.
4/23/13 I had not been contacted by Nick or anyone else at Costco, I called the Turlock store and asked for the store manager Tony. I was told he was not expected back for a week or more, nor did Tony have voice mail. I was again promised I would be called back. I then called Costco member service at 1-800-774-2678. I explained what had happened, they confirmed the employee names I had been dealing with and trying to reach. Member service took my information and promised me someone in management from the Turlock store would be calling me that day. As 0f 4/24/13 5:00pm I have not been contacted by anyone from the Turlock Costco store.

"ALERT...ALERT
Don't buy a product based solely on the reviews posted on the Costco website. Last year I returned two different web orders because the product description was incorrect and purposely misleading. One of the order was a patio set advertised as made of "aluminum" but was steel and also of very poor quality, and looked nothing like the pictures!

I wrote a one star review in July 2012 which pointed out the problems with the product description and the quality of the product. Costco never published that review which was in full compliance with their review policy.

Same thing happened again in Nov 2012 while purchasing cookware advertised as 18/10 stainless steel. My negative review was rejected (meaning costco never posted the review). The cookware was made in China and the stainless steal was unrated, not what Costco advertised.

If you will buy from costco, take to the time to get reviews else where or you could be disappointed. Even costco customer's service never replied to my inquiries.

I no longer feel "safe" buying online at Costco. The group managing their online store are closer to crooks than serious retailers. I now rarely go to their warehouse and might not renew my membership next year even though I've been a member for over 22 years.

northwest-phil's Avatar
Pacific Northwest
Rating 8/104/5

"Ordered a computing peripheral on Thanksgiving. Costco shipped out a couple days later, with the package arriving exactly one week later. Good packaging. With the cost of the peripheral being >$100, I would have liked to have free shipping rather than paying $10."

"Horrible Experience.

My order's address is wrong. I tried to cancel the order the day I placed the order.

Customer service told me things were taken care of.

Later, I received the notice, the package was out for shipping.

I called customer care, they said they can do nothing. I either have to go to the wrong address to pick the item up myself or bear the loss.

This will be my very last time to buy anything from costco.com.

"I am currently in a large problem with Costco.com. They do not call back and have charged me for a product they can't deliver.
DON'T BUY FOM THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rating 4/102/5

"I have ordered about 6 things from Costco's website. All items were canceled the next day. Customer service cannot tell me why. Each time they state that someone will call me back. Not one time have they called to discuss why."

"We bought an Oreck Steam-It from Costco.com. The price was reasonable and included shipping, so there wasn’t a $$ gotcha at check-out. The product arrived in a timely manner. The shipping box was blemish-free, and the product was in perfectly new condition. We are very satisfied with the experience.

In a previous transaction, we had ordered a different steamer product. It broke after one use, but the great thing was that we could return it to the local Costco. Customer Service refunded our entire charge without questions. It’s good to know that we don’t have to pay for shipping back a bad product, but can return it during a planned shopping trip. This feature makes Costco.com an even better place to shop.

"Costco provided zero help despite promises about a warranty. Be wary of reviews you read on Costco.com about Costco and its products. I found out after trying to post 2 negative comments (which complied with all Costco posting rules in every respect)to warn comsumers about Costco products on which I had been burned that Costco buried negative comments. The comments you see published by Costco are skewed towards the positive comments--which are the only ones they allow through."

1800-Shopping's Avatar
California
Rating 6/103/5

"I tend to use Costco for general purchases such as groceries, health products, and new stuff on display. Costco is also pretty good for buying tires, batteries, and other things for your car. Costco Membership is a little pricy, but there aren't any Sam's Club's nearby me so..I'm stuck."