Stores > Costco

Chance of future purchase: Rating 2.00/10 2.00/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.50/10 0.50/10

2016-07-16

Doing a return with Costco is worse then a nightmare!!

"I am into my 3rd week on having to deal with a return and it has been nothing more then a nightmare. All I need is a return label from UPS and every 612147267time I contact them they give me a new excuse for example they said it takes up to 10 business days to process a return request. After the 10 business days has passed they said UPS is backlogged and the most recent one is they accused me from calling at the end of the day on a Friday which would be hard to make a resolution to this return problem and get in touch with UPS since no one is in the Costco office on weekends in the return department.

First of all I called Friday morning at 9:05 am to make sure that they had a full day to deal with this return problem. They also told me Friday morning that they would send me the return label by the end of the day Friday or Saturday....another lie because the return department is closed on Saturdays!

I'm appalled that there is so much disorganization and excuses being made in this company just for a simple return label!! Costco is supposed to be in the top 10 ranking companies in the Americas. I have better return success with best buy and bed bath and beyond and Amazon if having to do a return then with Costco.

I do not recommend ANYONE placing an online order with Costco in case you have to do a return for whatever the reason may be. Satisfaction is not guaranteed through them and felt it is important to share this with all of you...good luck and happy online shopping

This review was modified by angelique21 on July 16 2016 11:19:08 AM

2016-07-08

Sales tax Scam

"TAX SCAM --- Charging you more sales taxes than should

I was attempting to purchase a sell item prices at 1,299 (discounted 400). I noticed that Costco Charges a tax on the prediscounted amount. Alabama tax code with dept of revenue does states that manufacturer coupons the amount of tax will be the prediscounted amount supposedly different from called "in store" coupon where tax is on the discounted amount. yet no where on the advertisement is anything about manufacturer discount. Having speaking to Alabama Dept of Revenue, waste of time, not worth there effort to audit costco about this. If sales shows $1699 - 400 off and your cost is 1299. then you should pay tax on 1299 instead paying tax on 1699. Huge scam. beware of COSTCO.. I bet the additional sales tax is never seen by the state of alabama. Just another way consumer getting screwed over by big company.

I emailed that Costco Tax department several times and they could not show any justification for this SCAM. other than it is a manufacturer coupon. Which should only apply if the consumer take the rebate, therefore sales price will be the pre discounted amount.

2016-07-05

A Little Slow but It Works

"I shop here often. There are several good deals. Shiipping could be faster but for many things its cost effective and works just fine. The new website is much better than before"

2016-05-08

Costco.com - can't get anything shipped to me

"Have tried to buy a laptop four times now from costco.com and the order keeps getting cancelled automatically. I called customer service and got a different explanation each time, ranging from issues with the billing address to the shipping address. I know it can't be the billing address since my bank is putting the money on hold. And why they're not able to verify that I'm at the shipping address I'm entering is something I'll never know.

I can understand system shortcomings. Maybe your address verification system isn't as robust as it should be. That's fine. But what I'm not fine with is getting poorly treated by your customer service reps. I'm now going to take my business to Amazon, a company which understands that I should be able to ship a product whererver I please. Amazon also happens to be a company that values customer satisfaction, and their service reps don't speak to customers in a sarcastic tone.

I should also mention that it's been almost a week now and the bank still hasn't removed the hold on the funds. Trying to get the hold removed should also be a fun process.

This review was modified by jazzyskater on May 08 2016 06:29:07 PM

2016-03-31

Screw me once, shame on me, Screw me twice, I'm through with YOU!

"I bought my winter tires at Costco last fall, great deal, and with the deal came FREE Summer/Winter tire conversion each season for the life of the tires, including balancing and nitrogen (Actually the FREE turned out to have a $45 fee each time, but ok, I didn't read the fine print - but this isn't my complaint).
The guy told me that they didn't take appointments for the seasonal switch between Winter and Summer tires, when they take off the one set and put on the other, depending on the season. He told me people line up for a 6 am open time, and it is first come, first served (they can do 4 an hour) and once their quota for the day is filled up, they don't reserve spots any more.
Ok, that's not a problem, I am retired, I can get up at 5 am, go line-up and get it done. Save the $300 on the tire purchase (good price) and save each time I have to switch between the two sets of tires (without having to buy a second set of wheels, I might add).
The first go round worked ok, I got there at 5:30, was 5th in line. By 7:00 my winter tires were on, and I am off to have a nice breakfast.
Spring roles around, I figure ok, get up at 4:45, get there by 5, be first in line, switch back to the summer tires. I get there, first in line, settle in with my coffee, and by 5:25, a guy comes out of the store to move some shopping carts, and says, "You know the Tire Centre doesn't open till 10:00?" I say, "but don't they open the doors at 6 to take reservations for tire conversion?" Answer: "No, that's just the winter, when they can sell you winter tires!" I ask, "Is there a line-up usually then?". Answer: "No, maybe a few."
Great, I get up and go home.
Two days later, I am there again at 9:15, no one waiting in line, but 1 person shows up a few minutes later. About 5 minutes after that, the VERY SAME GUY I saw two days before comes out, and says "Do you have a number?"
No, what number? He looks at me, hands me a number -- 15 -- (this means my turn will come at about 1:30 pm!!) He says: The first guy showed up at 5:00 am.
Now remember, this is the same guy that came out two days before and said nothing to me about taking a number, in fact said line-ups were not common in the spring-time!!!
I gave him back the number and told him I would never return to Costco, so disorganized and no idea about what GOOD CUSTOMER service is all about. I went to Canadian Tire, booked my appointment for the next day at 10:00 am, and the cost was only $75 more than the $45 FREE price from Costco. The $300 SAVINGS (?) didn't seem so impressive anymore, when my blood pressure would have to skyrocket twice a year trying to get my tires switched over.

This review was modified by vapor13x on March 31 2016 09:39:28 AM

2016-01-26

Horrible Customer Service, waited all day

"I was in the Costco langely in canada, the optical department.
I had brought my prescription and was trying to buy a frame for $250.
I spent about 40 minutes having different people take my measurements, then the costco had to call another costco to confirm they had taken my eye exam and the prescription was from them. About 40 minutes later the costco finally called back and said yes the exam was taken by them a day earlier and that was my prescription. After taking my measurements again and punching it in on the computer they said their frame could not be ordered by me because the prescription i need is below 4.5 and mine was 6, they told me to look for another frame and i told them i had just waited 3 hours for them to figure their **** out and they said oh well we are about to close today please come back tomorrow.
Basically wasted around 4hours of my time standing around in costco looling like an idiot because they cabt figure out how to get **** done.

I think u should find out if the glasses frame could be used with my prescription before wasting 3hours of my time.

Will never shop at costco again.

This review was modified by COSTCOMember on January 26 2016 05:36:18 PM

2016-01-24

Lost package and call disconnected by customer service

"I have placed the order for ellipitcal online on 12/28 and it was supposed to be delivered in two to three weeks. After multiple follows up on the status by myself using the tracking number, I was told at the end of third week the the order has been misplaced and the item is out of stock. Agreed to accept a different item as replacement and the order placed again on 1/19. I was told that the item will be delivered in two weeks at the time of placing this order. Now it is 1/24 and no further updates. I have called the customer service and they don't have any updates and i have simply wait. Further at expressing dissatisfaction and frustration, she says I can't blame Costco because
it is the problem with manufacturer even though they charged by card on 12/28 and my point of contact is Costco. Finally she disconnects the phone. Horrible service...Never place online orders with Costo.

2015-12-23

"I have yet to receive my parcel from costco. No tracking number was received apon online purchase. No notification of delivery. As of today December 23 it looks like someone will be missing there Christmas gift since package is being sent back to sender(Costco) with no email or phone call from there chosen delivery service UPS. Package was not delivered to my door, but held at some office in town. "

This review was modified by Rcher on December 23 2015 09:28:21 PM

2015-12-10

"I have a limp and it takes me longer than most to get around. I was in the Regina Costco today and after about an hour of limping about with a few things I my cart I was ready to go, but I needed to make a pit stop. I left my cart near the three tills closest to the feminine products because it would be safe there right? Nope! Took me 5ish minutes in the washroom, only to come back and find that the cart was gone! I wanted to cry! The little service I was offered by another gentleman I stopped and then the several requests to speak to the manager...Can no one help? Is there none in charge?
The manager, a gentleman who cared little because "Unfortunately it's where they leave carts with items to be put back," he said and I'm supposed to know that... When he realized I was limping and read my face, then it was then the "maybe I can do attitude" came out. A young lady tried finding "Ryan", the chap that put the cart contents back, asked if I'd like a seat (but unfortunately I can't sit) and off she went. So I grabbed the closest cart to me and began to reclaim what was almost mine the first go round, less a few things because I didn't have the gumption to get everything again. I ran into that same young lady while I was headed to a till, who had what appeared to be the original items (not in the same strategic set up) in a different cart. She said "Oh! So you have everything then?" She didn't wait for a response and moved on leaving me almost in tears (because I was in a lot of pain), feeling horrible and frustrated. Worst service ever! It's a good thing that the cashier, Norma (a supervisor on duty), and the lady at the door on your way out know about customer service! Kudos to them...
Now as I sit in my vehicle in tears because of the extra time spent reclaiming the goods, I have come to the conclusion that the itty bitty savings at Costco isn't worth the cost of the membership!
Sincerely,

I walk funny

2015-10-31

"My husband and I are Costco whole sale members since 1999. Always had good experience with it, Until today. we were at Costco in Wake Forest, Raleigh NC . On drink section there was a woman who was offering drink samples to costumers. My son and my daughter wanted to try it and they went toward the stand where Costco representative was offering a cup of drink to everyone. I was right in between her and my kids, standing on her left side. She had one drink on the tray. My son took it and thanked her and moved back. When my daughter walked toward the Costco staff, she looked at her. But didn't offer a cup. My daughter got confused and reached to the second tray which was closer to Costco staff. As soon as my daughter reached to the cup. Costco staff slapped my daughter's hand and said " OH, No, No". I called her immediately and let her know that she slapped my daughter's hand and she denied it as I was expecting. We would like to let you know about their unprofessional staff's behavior toward their members by writing a review about their store and very unpleasant customer service. "

2015-10-26

"Recently I purchased a cooked rotisserie chicken from Costco. As we were eating it we cut into the breast and found what looked like a tumor. Needless to say diner ended with stomach that were quite upset. It took a weeks for Costco to respond and another two weeks ++ for the supplier to leave a message. I returned the call the following week and again I have not heard a word. Hmmm, Costo what great customer service. Thanks for caring. My $$ amount means very little to them and by stopping my patronage to their establishment, it has no effect on the. So, I now tell my story and possibly they may follow through with their due diligence on the matter."

2015-10-19

"Ordered a laptop twice from these idiots. First order was not going to arrive on time so forced to cancel order through a 20 minute process. Re-ordered same product to a different address - no email / no contact but when I checked status they had cancelled this order as they do not ship to a Hotel where I am a registered guest without telling me - exasperated. I will use Amazon from now on as this company cannot perform on-line as a professional company. Hopeless. "

2015-10-16

i ordered cabinetry
order placed in online
and got order conformation mail
after that no shipping information from costco
i called to customer service one lady said order was cancelled ,
the reason she said i placed the order throw third party link
and she started acting hello hello and while im taking with her she just disconnected the phone

this is really bad
i can see my order in costco.com

2015-09-24

"HORRIBLE, Nightmare of an experience. I bought a TV and a Soundbar and both came damaged and broken. Costco takes no responsibility and tells you they shipped a replacement and then you call them to check up, they tell you its on hold for some strange reason and then they lie and say it went out. DO NOT DO BUSINESS with COSTCO.COM or their warehouses."

2015-09-01

"I had recently bought a Toshiba laptop from Costco and had a problem with reading PDF files. I called Toshiba customer support and they said they could review the problem for $60 so I refused. Then I called Costco technical support and they walked me through the steps of fixing it for free in a bit less than 30 minutes. Greatly appreciated."

This review was modified by jjmon132 on September 01 2015 06:51:50 PM

Share Costco's store rating

Costco is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Costco is not a merchant member
Costco does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!