Store Information Store Info
  • Rating 8.67/10 118 reviews

Coolframes.com is a merchant member
    Coolframes.com participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 1,874 merchant members.
  • Coolframes.com contact information

Product & services pricing Rating 8.54/10 8.54/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 8.13/10 8.13/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 8.54/10 8.54/10
    Customer service: Rating 7.92/10 7.92/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 8.50/10 8.50/10

"Their prices were decent, selection great and they had frames that I wanted but where not common. Ordering from a US merchant from Canada can be a risky cross border nightmare. The process exceeded any expectations I had, they were fast on the order, answered my email questions and shipped promptly. The frames and lenses were exactly what I expected and would order from then again any day.

"I am very picky person, however coolframes.com have surpassed my expectations. I love the glasses and the lenses. Their work is exceptional. I am always thrilled to get my new glasses from them. The prices are also perfect. They are definitelly one of the best and for that I Recommend them 100%. You'd love their service."

"Ordered frames delivered as promised, right price."

"I give coolframes.com two very big thumbs up! I found a pair of designer frames at a local place that I really liked. With the cost of my lenses added, the total price was way out of my budget. I found the exact same frames on coolframes.com for almost half of what the other place was charging. I added the lenses (w/ anti scratch..glare..and transition) and the total price was well within budget. When I called to place the order I didnt have to wait on hold and press 1 for this and 2 for that..a nice young lady answered the phone and spoke to me. I was apprehensive about purchasing such a personal item online..fearing my prescription could be messed up and returning would become a hassle. After and easy conversation with the young lady my order was placed. My glasses arrived a week or so later and everything is perfect. I communicated via e-mail to follow up on my order and the responses were prompt and very pleasant. They get an A+++++++ for customer service and product delivery. I am glad that I have found them and will be ordering glasses from them for as long as I need to. I recommend them to anyone!"

"It was not without some hesitation that I ordered specs online for the first time. So much so that I even telephoned the store beforehand. In retrospect I should not have been concerned at all. Brilliant service , my specs are perfect and I doubt I will ever purchace directly from a store again. Louis you are the man - may your business go from strenght to strenght.For those of you who are not making use of this service at such a good price - you're losing out!!"

"Over the last few years, I've purchased several eyeglasses from Coolframes. As a physician, specifically a Radiologist, my workflow is highly dependent upon having excellent Rx eyewear (great fitting frames, exceptional prescription lens manufacturing, anti-glare coating, etc). Coolframes delivers 100% of the time. On one occasion, there was a slight error in my order processing, BUT the manager stepped in promptly and addressed all my concerns/issues. In no time, I was sent a new pair and all shipping-related fees were waived. Support staff, both by email and phone correspondence, is bar none...perhaps better than your average brick-and-morter eyeglass merchant. Not only shall I continue to purchase from Coolframes, I'd recommend anyone to their site. Selection is incredible, service is top-notch, and best of all, pricing is extremely competitive."

"Fantastic service, great quality, low prices. Love coolframes.com! I have ordered a number of pairs of glasses from Cool Frames and have found their service, knowledge and quality all excellent. I have recently had eye surgery in one eye which really changed my prescription unexpectedly. Their sales staff have been extremely helpful and patient with me as I work through this. I would highly recommend Coolframes!"

"I placed an order of 2 pairs of glasses with Coolframes online: one pair with free plastic prescription lens and one pair with scratch coating. I included my lens prescription with the order. The order arrived with one pair with my lens prescription while the other pair arrived with manufacturers demo lenses. They never bothered to use my prescription for both pairs. When I notified Coolframes about the error, they insisted that I never gave them a prescription for the free lenses, in spite of my single prescription being included in my initial order. They now stated that the only way to rectify this error was for me to send the glasses back and that I would have to incur all the shipping costs. They insisted that it was my fault - I should have seen on the original bill that these free glasses would not come with a prescription lens. The bill shows this item as eye glasses, but in my opinion should have read "frames only". I had to dish out an extra fee of $80.00 for shipping. I have found Coolframes very hard to deal with and uncompromising, and I do not recommend this company to any of my family or friends. "

modified review Rep reply posted Jan-17-2014

coolframes, Coolframes.com rep has responded

“Jerome46 purchased two frames from my store, one with lenses and the other without;many people do this. we completed the order and shipped it. when the order was received we were notified that we did not put lenses into one of the frames. we explained that there was no call for lenses on one of the frames. Jerry proceeded to explain that we offer free lenses for all frames, we did not disagree, however even the free lenses must be ordered otherwise we do not know you want them. not everyone takes advantage of the free plastic lenses. we were unable to assume they were needed. my opinion is that Jerry is upset that he had to return the frame from Canada to the US for lenses,which we did not charge for. we did however ask that return shipping be paid so we can send the glasses back to Canada. here is a copy of the order placed by Jerry with our store. one with and one pair without lenses.
1) Columbia HENSLEY LAKE Eyeglasses - Color: C03 BLACK Size: 53-15-140 ($134.00)
2) Guess GU 1775 Eyeglasses - Color: BLK SHINY BLACK Size: 54-17-145 ($109.00)
2) Essilor ORMA Plastic Lenses with Scratch coatings - OD: +0.75 -1.00 x 84 OS: -1.00 -1.25 x 82 PD: 71.5 ($19.00)
Instant Discount - $20 off a $200 purchase
we at times are even willing to lose money on an order if we mess up to make it right. in this case just because someone is very angry and wont read their own invoice does not make them right. all we asked for was the shipping fee back to Canada, we even at first offered to send just cut and finished lenses at no charge waiving the ship fee on them, Jerry did not agree to that offer.”

"A year ago, I bought a NIKE frame with prescription lenses at a
very competitive price from coolframes and was happy with my
purchase at the time. Recently, one of the temple tips slipped off and got lost. I contacted coolframes for a replacement. The sales representative Ziggy informed me that the manufacturer was out of temple tips, that I would have to buy a temple with temple tips at $ 60 a piece and suggested as a more economical alternative to by a whole new frame for $ 80. Does not make much
sense to me but was all the help I could get from coolframes.

Update: The owner followed up on my issue and it turns out that there was a miscommunication between their representative and myself as far as what part of my frames I needed.
He was nice enough to contact me and is getting me the replacement parts.
My first, very good impression of coolframes way of doing business is restored!

"My wife and I enjoyed the cheap price and large selection. We were able to buy the glasses we wanted at a price we could afford. In the future we will for sure use this website to purchase our glasses and sunglasses. "

"VERY responsive customer service."

" I was so trepidatious about buying glasses online. What if they weren't right? Are they really the same frames? I can tell you I am so happy I did. I can't tell from a picture what a frame looks like, so I went to a local store, tried on a few dozen pairs and found what I wanted. I then bought those from cool frames.

I need prescription lenses and that had me nervous too. I got my prescription from a doc and sent it to cool frames along with my choice of frames. I picked the best Cryzal lenses, scratch resistant and anti glare. They were half the price of my regular optometrist I've used for years. (And that includes the "discounts" the doc gave me for being a regular customer.

I had a few issues along the way. Things that weren't CoolFrames fault. The prescription needed tweaking (doctor error), I chose a tint I didn't end up liking. CF took them back twice and redid them. At no extra cost. Talk about service above and beyond! Truly, you can trust them.

I suggest if you get prescription lenses, you have your optometrist measure your pupil distance (or just ask what the PD was on your last pair of lenses). There is no place for it, but ask your doc to measure your old glasses for some kind of curve. They used a little gadget, measure some kind of curve on the lenses, and that affects whether your new script makes you feel like the floor is ten feet below you. I'd never heard of that measurement before, but I'll never suffer through the "you just have to get used to it" funhouse feeling again. My numbers were 3.5 and 3.75 if that helps your doc know what I'm talking about. Even if you don't buy lenses from CoolFrames, have that done.

Glasses are so crazy expensive and now I can afford to buy prescription sunglasses as well. Between my husband and I, we saved over $500 on two pairs of glasses with great lenses. (I only ever get the best lenses possible).

They were fast too. As fast as the doc's office. At the very least, buy the designer frames from them and save money there and have your local place do the script if you are nervous. But really, two of had great results with this company and mine had some issues.

I wouldn't bother to write a review because it is tedious and who am I to tell someone that a product is good. But, this company went so far above and beyond I just had to take the time. Plus, if I can save anyone out there some money, I'll be happy.

"Picked a set of frames that did not have proper sizing information on coolframes website (Modo 129, listed by coolframes as being size 47-0-0 which doesn't make sense unless it's a monocle). No answer on email query for clarification. So I order since I have an about-to-expire coupon code. Takes 6 days from order date to enter shipping system, and this is frames only, no lenses. The frames finally show up and they're 47-18-140, too small. Coolframes wants 20% restocking fee for return, since in their words (copied verbatim from email exchange) I "ordered the size 47 and received the size 47." Yes, they actually believe that lens diameter alone is sufficient to determine eyeglass fit. Took a credit card dispute and this review to finally get one of the owners into the conversation, which ultimately led to a satisfactory resolution (100% refund, though I still had to pay return shipping)."

"Just received my Silhouette SPX Art prescription eyeglasses and they are fabulous! I ordered my glasses on June 12 and received them on July 5 which is about the same amount of time it takes when I order them from my optometrist. The price was fantastic as my coolframes glasses were $950 LESS than what I was quoted when I tried them on at the eye doc. Very pleased!"

"All I can say is that these guys will do ANYTHING it takes to make sure their customers are satisfied. I bought some frames that came with magnetic clip-ons & then ordered two more extraclip-ons. When I got them, they did not fit. I emailed the problem & they naturally offered to send new ones..My thinking was that this would do no good since both extras were the wrong size & most likely new ones would be the same..So I asked for a refund. They were not happy with this idea & wanted me to allow them to make it right so, I returned the original frames & clip-ons along wiht the two mis-fits. they contacted the manufacturer & worked with them to not only get the properly fitting clip-ons, but also custom fit them to my frames at no charge..It was totally above & beyond!!..VERY good service!!...AL"