Stores > Coolframes.com

Chance of future purchase: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.88/10 1.88/10
    Customer service: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10

2016-05-06

Worst online purchase EVER!

"Run fast, run far. I wish I had read their reviews before purchasing. Took 6 weeks to get my glasses, only to find out the progressive lens were useless as 75% of the viewing area was progressive unuseable. I returned the glasses askign for my money back, but they will only replace the lens and charge you $9.95 more to fix their mistake. I have now waited 10 weeks and still don't have my glasses, and have paid over $300. My credit card company wont help and coolframes customer service is terrible. I hope someone reads this and buys from someone else besides coolframes. Elena is the worst rep, responses take days. Again, run fast, run far, you have been warned!!!"

2016-03-24

Don't do it...

"Company requires signature on delivery. They use FedEx - you are a hostage in your own home for the entire day, waiting for delivery since FedEx does not give you any time frame. Prescription progressive bifocals are not ideal - I may get used to them, but something is off. OK for people who do not work, and for very simple prescriptions. I would never order from them again."

This review was modified by 2tattered on March 24 2016 04:06:12 PM
Rep reply posted May-19-2016

A rep from Coolframes.com, coolframes, has responded

“any order over a certain amount is shipped with signature, this allows us to fight to replace the package in the event it is stolen or lost. we have had in the past years many of these situations of packages that shows delivered and because no one signed for it claimed to be lost or not delivered. the signature is done to provide a safe and guaranteed delivery and better experience for our customer. as far as the signature it self if you are not home and choose to opt out you can always sign the door tag left if you were missed at the original delivery date and the FedEx driver would leave the package at the front door and you would not have to wait at home for the delivery. progressive lenses do require some adjustment and if there is discomfort we stand behind our product for 60 days if any changes need to be made.”

2016-01-19

GREAT SERVICE, GREAT GLASSES

"I was skeptical because there were some bad reviews, but I found the service to be wonderful, the communication great, and the glasses perfect and FAR less than I could have gotten in a storefront (about the price of the lenses themselves here). Customer chat helped me since I knew nothing about glasses and didn't know how to answer some of the questions. My experience was good and now that another family member needs glasses, that's where I'm going! "

This review was modified by DRL. on January 19 2016 04:52:51 PM

2015-12-30

Response to a reply from my first review!

"This company made mistake after mistake with my glasses, charged me more, then said they didn't charge me. Sent me back my glasses several times incorrectly and claimed ignorance on all of it. Cancelled part of payment and have started a dispute through my bank to return funds. They gave absolutely no help or offer of refund after so many mistakes. This company is rude, incompetent and does not own up to their mistakes. Glasses are a medical device and continually telling your customer to go to another facility to have their glasses checked and re checked and adjusted for FREE on another companies back is unacceptable and a terrible business practice. Patient care is important and they have no idea what they are doing. Don't waste your money!!!"

This review was modified by ericahmay on February 09 2016 09:09:45 AM
Rep reply posted Feb-08-2016

A rep from Coolframes.com, coolframes, has responded

“customer placed the order on 9/29/15, she entered the RX on our site manually. the glasses were shipped out 10/7/15, we were notified that the glasses were not working and the Erica could not see. we requested a copy of the RX which was provided to us with the return. it appeared the rx which was also emailed to us needed a prism correction. we reordered the lenses and redid the glasses just charging for the prism and crediting the original lenses that were entered ed incorrectly by Erica. glasses send back once the prism lenses were installed using the RX provided by email. Erica called and advised us that she could not see and the frame was too big for her. we told her that we would be willing to exchange the frame, but she would have to look into as to why she could not see as we filled the lenses to the RX she provided, using our custom lab and checked by 3 different people on our end. Erica communicated that she no longer wanted to wait and requested a full refund. we told her that the lenses were custom made and we could not refund them, however we could take the frame back. RX filled to her doctors request and frame provided was what she initially ordered on her own.”

2015-10-21

"I am writing this review as I really want to warn everybody else ordering something from them. I ordered Polo vintage sunglasses from coolframes.com as they had a very good deal on them. Ordering was quick, I got a confirmation email and I have received the sunglasses about 5 weekdays later. I opened them and the frame had scratches all over them. So, first I was wondering whether this is the style of those frames to look so shabby, so I went to the sunglasshut store and it turned out it is not supposed to be that way (although the ones there also had some scratches and the store manager actually said that they need to give them back because of the scratches). So I contacted coolframes.com with regards to that matter. Eventually, they said that those are not the frames they have sent to me ("I would never send out something like this, it does not come with a polo sticker on the lenses you must have bought them on the street"). I was shocked, seriously, I got them exactly like that - I even have an eye witness. So, basically that is how they do business - calling me a liar!!! I have never ever, ever, ever had an experience like this. I think it is seriously outrages. I strongly encourage you NOT to order sunglasses from them! I have ordered the sunglasses now from sunglasshat, they have very nice customer service and high quality standard. I am still in shock of such a terrible treatment from coolframes.com!!!"

Rep reply posted Mar-22-2016

A rep from Coolframes.com, coolframes, has responded

“we received an order for a Ralph Lauren Polo sunglasses and as we always do, check our store stock. if we do not have the frame isn't our store as in this case we proceed to get the frame from the respective manufacturer in this case Luxottica. the sunglasses were delivered to our store checked for color and size and then sent to our customer. a few days after the order was delivered we received emails from Ketja telling us that we sent her a fake and pictures of some frames that were absolutely not ours or from our catalog. we only sell authentic frames and sunglasses for 18 years in business as we are not just a website we are an actual brick and mortar store.”

2015-09-22

"I have hypergraphia. Not certain that I'll be able to say all I want so I will make brief. I order 6-12 pairs of reading glasses per year from the Internet (long story) and I order from three primary sources. A few weeks ago I found a RX Ray-Ban frame (RX5334. $230 full retail, no lenses) that I loved but none of my 3 sources stocked. I get a at least one message daily from a company called GlassesUSA.com so I thought that I would try them. I had to enter RX info, so I entered my sphere and PD (all the info needed to make a pair of readers) but the website would not let me order. To make a long story short, the GUSA CSR's were confused over the issued and when I asked if I could order frame only, they said yes. For $249 ($230 for the frame and $19 for the blank lens insert).

As I had been talking to the stupid CSR, I had been shopping via Google. I didn't contact the VERY lowest priced website but I did contact the second lowest - a place called www.coolframes.com. I called them and my call was picked up on the very first ring! And the CSR, Eli, knew EXACTLY what I needed and we talked in a manner in which I realized that that he knew a LOT more than me about the eyeglass lenses (and I know enough to be cautious!). So he took my order over the phone. The other companies that I've ordered from lately have been good (Warby Parker, eyebobs/Orvis, and even dreaded glasses.com, dreaded because they're owned by Luxottica, the largest parent company for eyeglasses frames and lenses in the world).

Back to coolframes.com! Eli and I (and I loved how he genuinely made me feel that I was a part of the process) put everything together and I'm expecting my eyeglasses within a week (be wary of those who tell you that they can turn around your order in less than a day - overnight. Because I've been ordering glasses over the Internet for well over a decade now, I've learned a lot. eyeglasses.com is the 'real deal'. I've had email exchanges with Lee, the owner, Ella, one of the other CSRs and, of course, the knowledgeable Eli. Give them a chance and at least look at their frame selection. You can't go wrong in giving giving coolframes.com a try - they have some really cool frames and some knowledgeable customer service folks!

2015-07-18

"DO NOT BUY THEIR EXTENDED WARRANTY - they do not actually want to honor it. I thought this would be a reputable dealer that would work with customers - THEY ARE NOT, they expect an extended warranty (which normally deals with parts) to be the same as Mfg warranty (exchange the whole frame) with the customer having to return the broken one (which in my case was my only pair of glasses) for repair (as if it was going to be sent back to the manufacturer). Normally, dealers carry parts (e.g. nose bridge) which they can work with the customer to exchange for the broken one. THESE PEOPLE DO NOT WORK WITH THE CUSTOMER, so the $30 you spend on the 2nd year of warranty is MONEY DOWN THE DRAIN (or into their pockets).

Rep reply posted Feb-18-2016

A rep from Coolframes.com, coolframes, has responded

“Charles purchased a silhouette frame only from us, he did get the two year warranty. that is all completely true and we do not dispute it, however when your frame breaks and you need it replaced you must return the defective product so that we can change it for you. Charles wanted us to send him a replacement for his broken silhouette, but he did not want to send the broken one back. we did everything we could to explain that he needed to send the defective frame back so we can send it back to silhouette to be credited on our end. Our explanations went on deaf ears.all of the frames we sell come with at least a one year warranty and if purchased we will cover you the second year as well, but the defective frame must be returned.”

2015-07-10

"Super fast responses via email and very accommodating to my exchange!

Love the no tax and NO SHIPPING!

2015-07-05

"Excellent customer service, prices, quick shipping, everything. Couldn't be happier. Would recommend wholeheartedly. Definitely where I will continue to buy glasses from in the future. "

2015-05-16

"I have been wearing glasses for 10 years and this is my first time purchasing lenses online.

I purchased frames and prescription lenses from Coolframes.com because I wanted specific frames that my local optometrist did not carry. The frames are great except I did not get anti glare since I dont spend tons of time in front of a screen. I should have purchased anti glare since I can see reflections of things around behind me in the edges of the lenses. If the lenses are that dependent on their anti glare coating that they are unwearable without it, they should be default come with the anti glare.

They also claim that their frames are easy to clean. I have struggled with getting the lenses clean and then keeping them clean once they are clean.

I chose the two day shipping for an extra $20 thinking I would get the glasses sooner than 2 weeks. But it still took two weeks to get my glasses. So basically don't wast your money on 2 day shipping.

Though they state on their website that the return is 20% less because of a restocking fee, its just a refund of the frames and no refund for the lenses. Just something to be aware of since you are purchasing glasses online.

Next time I will just go to a brick and mortar store with better return policies.

Rep reply posted Jun-09-2015

A rep from Coolframes.com, coolframes, has responded

“we are always available for a consultation over the phone or email for any lens advise. Anna purchased lenses without anti glare by choice without any consent from us or any advise, even at this point we have no problem as we do all the time and make the change adding anti glare by charging only the difference. we do not anywhere on our site say things like frames are easy to clean, frames are cleanable using a cloth or washing them not sure how Anna tried to clean her glasses, but this is a procedure unique to each person. our shipping and processing policy is listed on our site and in order to purchase from us you would have to acknowledge that you have read them. it takes 7-10 business days to process an order with RX lenses, sometimes faster and sometimes slower and the 2 day air option selected is the shipping method when item is shipped not processing time. the returned frame with lenses was refunded as per our policy, 20% restocking and no refund on lenses. we tried to offer a solution to Anna by offering to remake the lenses with anti glare, but we were turned down. we look forward within reason to do whatever we can to make sure every sale and every customer has a pleasant experience with our store, it seams in this case a review like this is unfounded.”

2015-04-23

"After getting several quotes from local eyewear stores and going into sticker shock, I decided to give Coolframes a try after finding them online. I am so pleased with the quality, the service and the price! I'm about to order sunglasses from them. "

2015-03-13

"Hi there
I don't why you don't answer my e-mail

2015-02-28

"excellent service. I called to get an update. "

2015-01-13

"I made a purchase from coolframes.com,and I must confess,I am very satisfied with their service.Guaranteed low price and original sunglasses.Why would anyone shop anywhere else?Coolframes.com is the place.Thumbs up,coolframes.I will be back to shop with you guys!

2014-10-17

"Coolframes is not only the BEST place to order your Authentic Designer's glasses @ unbeatable prices, but also their costumer service is AMAZING!!!
I had purchased my 9 year old boy a pair of silhouette about 10 month ago and the right arm of the glasses broke (the glasses are quite fragile for kids) Anyway, i called them up and within 48 hours the frame had been repaired perfectly without giving us any hard time! this is the ONLY optic store for me & for my family for as long as they will be around, LOVE this place! A++++++++++++
Orna

Share Coolframes.com's store rating

Coolframes.com is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Coolframes.com is a merchant member
Coolframes.com participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 2,564 merchant members.