• Coolframes.com Coolframes.com Elite Status

Chance of future purchase: Rating 8.13/10 8.13/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 8.13/10 8.13/10
    Customer service: Rating 7.50/10 7.50/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 7.50/10 7.50/10

"I have been wearing glasses for 10 years and this is my first time purchasing lenses online.

I purchased frames and prescription lenses from Coolframes.com because I wanted specific frames that my local optometrist did not carry. The frames are great except I did not get anti glare since I dont spend tons of time in front of a screen. I should have purchased anti glare since I can see reflections of things around behind me in the edges of the lenses. If the lenses are that dependent on their anti glare coating that they are unwearable without it, they should be default come with the anti glare.

They also claim that their frames are easy to clean. I have struggled with getting the lenses clean and then keeping them clean once they are clean.

I chose the two day shipping for an extra $20 thinking I would get the glasses sooner than 2 weeks. But it still took two weeks to get my glasses. So basically don't wast your money on 2 day shipping.

Though they state on their website that the return is 20% less because of a restocking fee, its just a refund of the frames and no refund for the lenses. Just something to be aware of since you are purchasing glasses online.

Next time I will just go to a brick and mortar store with better return policies.

Rep reply posted Jun-09-2015

coolframes, Coolframes.com rep has responded

“we are always available for a consultation over the phone or email for any lens advise. Anna purchased lenses without anti glare by choice without any consent from us or any advise, even at this point we have no problem as we do all the time and make the change adding anti glare by charging only the difference. we do not anywhere on our site say things like frames are easy to clean, frames are cleanable using a cloth or washing them not sure how Anna tried to clean her glasses, but this is a procedure unique to each person. our shipping and processing policy is listed on our site and in order to purchase from us you would have to acknowledge that you have read them. it takes 7-10 business days to process an order with RX lenses, sometimes faster and sometimes slower and the 2 day air option selected is the shipping method when item is shipped not processing time. the returned frame with lenses was refunded as per our policy, 20% restocking and no refund on lenses. we tried to offer a solution to Anna by offering to remake the lenses with anti glare, but we were turned down. we look forward within reason to do whatever we can to make sure every sale and every customer has a pleasant experience with our store, it seams in this case a review like this is unfounded.”

"After getting several quotes from local eyewear stores and going into sticker shock, I decided to give Coolframes a try after finding them online. I am so pleased with the quality, the service and the price! I'm about to order sunglasses from them. "

"Hi there
I don't why you don't answer my e-mail

"excellent service. I called to get an update. "

"I made a purchase from coolframes.com,and I must confess,I am very satisfied with their service.Guaranteed low price and original sunglasses.Why would anyone shop anywhere else?Coolframes.com is the place.Thumbs up,coolframes.I will be back to shop with you guys!

"Coolframes is not only the BEST place to order your Authentic Designer's glasses @ unbeatable prices, but also their costumer service is AMAZING!!!
I had purchased my 9 year old boy a pair of silhouette about 10 month ago and the right arm of the glasses broke (the glasses are quite fragile for kids) Anyway, i called them up and within 48 hours the frame had been repaired perfectly without giving us any hard time! this is the ONLY optic store for me & for my family for as long as they will be around, LOVE this place! A++++++++++++
Orna

"I am very happy with my purchase of Saks Fifth Avenue 246 Eyeglasses ordered last week. I live in Illinois and sought Cool frames out because I saw the glass frames at my doctor's office but the cost had a large mark up. Louis and Eli were very knowledgeable, were kind and courteous and went out of their way to keep me as a customer even after I found Amazon sources for a less expensive price. I purchased from Coolframes.com because I trust they are a reputable business and authorized dealers of these frames. I wanted to be sure that was what I was getting was not a knock-off. The glass frames were not cheap but well worth the price, a good value and investment. They arrived this morning and are beautiful! I would recommend Coolframes.com without hesitation! Karen"

"Coolframes ha been wonderful and helped me with a problem I had. the service was fantastic"

"Pros:
Had the frames I wanted
Quoted a reasonable order and shipping times.
Great lenses, every bit as good as ones I used to get at local optomitrists.
Customer service will try really hard to fix anything that isn't your fault.

Cons:
They do not bother to send an order confirmation email after you order, all you get is your confirmation from paypal that you sent a lot of money to someone.
If you choose the signature waiver option, they will ignore it, I know they warn you they can, but they will.
They may not send it signature required where you can sign the slip and have it redelivered and left like normal packages, they will send it 'Someone must be present to sign for and accept this package'

After sending a pretty mean email, and giving them bad reviews their owner contacted and got the post office to switch it to a package type I could actually receive. They really put a lot of work into fixing what made their service horrible for me.

"Their prices were decent, selection great and they had frames that I wanted but where not common. Ordering from a US merchant from Canada can be a risky cross border nightmare. The process exceeded any expectations I had, they were fast on the order, answered my email questions and shipped promptly. The frames and lenses were exactly what I expected and would order from then again any day.

"I am very picky person, however coolframes.com have surpassed my expectations. I love the glasses and the lenses. Their work is exceptional. I am always thrilled to get my new glasses from them. The prices are also perfect. They are definitelly one of the best and for that I Recommend them 100%. You'd love their service."

"Ordered frames delivered as promised, right price."

"I give coolframes.com two very big thumbs up! I found a pair of designer frames at a local place that I really liked. With the cost of my lenses added, the total price was way out of my budget. I found the exact same frames on coolframes.com for almost half of what the other place was charging. I added the lenses (w/ anti scratch..glare..and transition) and the total price was well within budget. When I called to place the order I didnt have to wait on hold and press 1 for this and 2 for that..a nice young lady answered the phone and spoke to me. I was apprehensive about purchasing such a personal item online..fearing my prescription could be messed up and returning would become a hassle. After and easy conversation with the young lady my order was placed. My glasses arrived a week or so later and everything is perfect. I communicated via e-mail to follow up on my order and the responses were prompt and very pleasant. They get an A+++++++ for customer service and product delivery. I am glad that I have found them and will be ordering glasses from them for as long as I need to. I recommend them to anyone!"

"It was not without some hesitation that I ordered specs online for the first time. So much so that I even telephoned the store beforehand. In retrospect I should not have been concerned at all. Brilliant service , my specs are perfect and I doubt I will ever purchace directly from a store again. Louis you are the man - may your business go from strenght to strenght.For those of you who are not making use of this service at such a good price - you're losing out!!"

"Over the last few years, I've purchased several eyeglasses from Coolframes. As a physician, specifically a Radiologist, my workflow is highly dependent upon having excellent Rx eyewear (great fitting frames, exceptional prescription lens manufacturing, anti-glare coating, etc). Coolframes delivers 100% of the time. On one occasion, there was a slight error in my order processing, BUT the manager stepped in promptly and addressed all my concerns/issues. In no time, I was sent a new pair and all shipping-related fees were waived. Support staff, both by email and phone correspondence, is bar none...perhaps better than your average brick-and-morter eyeglass merchant. Not only shall I continue to purchase from Coolframes, I'd recommend anyone to their site. Selection is incredible, service is top-notch, and best of all, pricing is extremely competitive."

Share Coolframes.com's store rating

Coolframes.com is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Coolframes.com is a merchant member
Coolframes.com participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 1,851 merchant members.