Product & services pricing Rating 8.33/10 8.33/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 9.17/10 9.17/10

"Coolframes is not only the BEST place to order your Authentic Designer's glasses @ unbeatable prices, but also their costumer service is AMAZING!!!
I had purchased my 9 year old boy a pair of silhouette about 10 month ago and the right arm of the glasses broke (the glasses are quite fragile for kids) Anyway, i called them up and within 48 hours the frame had been repaired perfectly without giving us any hard time! this is the ONLY optic store for me & for my family for as long as they will be around, LOVE this place! A++++++++++++
Orna

"I am very happy with my purchase of Saks Fifth Avenue 246 Eyeglasses ordered last week. I live in Illinois and sought Cool frames out because I saw the glass frames at my doctor's office but the cost had a large mark up. Louis and Eli were very knowledgeable, were kind and courteous and went out of their way to keep me as a customer even after I found Amazon sources for a less expensive price. I purchased from Coolframes.com because I trust they are a reputable business and authorized dealers of these frames. I wanted to be sure that was what I was getting was not a knock-off. The glass frames were not cheap but well worth the price, a good value and investment. They arrived this morning and are beautiful! I would recommend Coolframes.com without hesitation! Karen"

"Coolframes ha been wonderful and helped me with a problem I had. the service was fantastic"

"Pros:
Had the frames I wanted
Quoted a reasonable order and shipping times.
Great lenses, every bit as good as ones I used to get at local optomitrists.
Customer service will try really hard to fix anything that isn't your fault.

Cons:
They do not bother to send an order confirmation email after you order, all you get is your confirmation from paypal that you sent a lot of money to someone.
If you choose the signature waiver option, they will ignore it, I know they warn you they can, but they will.
They may not send it signature required where you can sign the slip and have it redelivered and left like normal packages, they will send it 'Someone must be present to sign for and accept this package'

After sending a pretty mean email, and giving them bad reviews their owner contacted and got the post office to switch it to a package type I could actually receive. They really put a lot of work into fixing what made their service horrible for me.

"Their prices were decent, selection great and they had frames that I wanted but where not common. Ordering from a US merchant from Canada can be a risky cross border nightmare. The process exceeded any expectations I had, they were fast on the order, answered my email questions and shipped promptly. The frames and lenses were exactly what I expected and would order from then again any day.

"I am very picky person, however coolframes.com have surpassed my expectations. I love the glasses and the lenses. Their work is exceptional. I am always thrilled to get my new glasses from them. The prices are also perfect. They are definitelly one of the best and for that I Recommend them 100%. You'd love their service."

"Ordered frames delivered as promised, right price."

"I give coolframes.com two very big thumbs up! I found a pair of designer frames at a local place that I really liked. With the cost of my lenses added, the total price was way out of my budget. I found the exact same frames on coolframes.com for almost half of what the other place was charging. I added the lenses (w/ anti scratch..glare..and transition) and the total price was well within budget. When I called to place the order I didnt have to wait on hold and press 1 for this and 2 for that..a nice young lady answered the phone and spoke to me. I was apprehensive about purchasing such a personal item online..fearing my prescription could be messed up and returning would become a hassle. After and easy conversation with the young lady my order was placed. My glasses arrived a week or so later and everything is perfect. I communicated via e-mail to follow up on my order and the responses were prompt and very pleasant. They get an A+++++++ for customer service and product delivery. I am glad that I have found them and will be ordering glasses from them for as long as I need to. I recommend them to anyone!"

"It was not without some hesitation that I ordered specs online for the first time. So much so that I even telephoned the store beforehand. In retrospect I should not have been concerned at all. Brilliant service , my specs are perfect and I doubt I will ever purchace directly from a store again. Louis you are the man - may your business go from strenght to strenght.For those of you who are not making use of this service at such a good price - you're losing out!!"

"Over the last few years, I've purchased several eyeglasses from Coolframes. As a physician, specifically a Radiologist, my workflow is highly dependent upon having excellent Rx eyewear (great fitting frames, exceptional prescription lens manufacturing, anti-glare coating, etc). Coolframes delivers 100% of the time. On one occasion, there was a slight error in my order processing, BUT the manager stepped in promptly and addressed all my concerns/issues. In no time, I was sent a new pair and all shipping-related fees were waived. Support staff, both by email and phone correspondence, is bar none...perhaps better than your average brick-and-morter eyeglass merchant. Not only shall I continue to purchase from Coolframes, I'd recommend anyone to their site. Selection is incredible, service is top-notch, and best of all, pricing is extremely competitive."

"Fantastic service, great quality, low prices. Love coolframes.com! I have ordered a number of pairs of glasses from Cool Frames and have found their service, knowledge and quality all excellent. I have recently had eye surgery in one eye which really changed my prescription unexpectedly. Their sales staff have been extremely helpful and patient with me as I work through this. I would highly recommend Coolframes!"

"I placed an order of 2 pairs of glasses with Coolframes online: one pair with free plastic prescription lens and one pair with scratch coating. I included my lens prescription with the order. The order arrived with one pair with my lens prescription while the other pair arrived with manufacturers demo lenses. They never bothered to use my prescription for both pairs. When I notified Coolframes about the error, they insisted that I never gave them a prescription for the free lenses, in spite of my single prescription being included in my initial order. They now stated that the only way to rectify this error was for me to send the glasses back and that I would have to incur all the shipping costs. They insisted that it was my fault - I should have seen on the original bill that these free glasses would not come with a prescription lens. The bill shows this item as eye glasses, but in my opinion should have read "frames only". I had to dish out an extra fee of $80.00 for shipping. I have found Coolframes very hard to deal with and uncompromising, and I do not recommend this company to any of my family or friends. "

modified review Rep reply posted Jan-17-2014

coolframes, Coolframes.com rep has responded

“Jerome46 purchased two frames from my store, one with lenses and the other without;many people do this. we completed the order and shipped it. when the order was received we were notified that we did not put lenses into one of the frames. we explained that there was no call for lenses on one of the frames. Jerry proceeded to explain that we offer free lenses for all frames, we did not disagree, however even the free lenses must be ordered otherwise we do not know you want them. not everyone takes advantage of the free plastic lenses. we were unable to assume they were needed. my opinion is that Jerry is upset that he had to return the frame from Canada to the US for lenses,which we did not charge for. we did however ask that return shipping be paid so we can send the glasses back to Canada. here is a copy of the order placed by Jerry with our store. one with and one pair without lenses.
1) Columbia HENSLEY LAKE Eyeglasses - Color: C03 BLACK Size: 53-15-140 ($134.00)
2) Guess GU 1775 Eyeglasses - Color: BLK SHINY BLACK Size: 54-17-145 ($109.00)
2) Essilor ORMA Plastic Lenses with Scratch coatings - OD: +0.75 -1.00 x 84 OS: -1.00 -1.25 x 82 PD: 71.5 ($19.00)
Instant Discount - $20 off a $200 purchase
we at times are even willing to lose money on an order if we mess up to make it right. in this case just because someone is very angry and wont read their own invoice does not make them right. all we asked for was the shipping fee back to Canada, we even at first offered to send just cut and finished lenses at no charge waiving the ship fee on them, Jerry did not agree to that offer.”

"A year ago, I bought a NIKE frame with prescription lenses at a
very competitive price from coolframes and was happy with my
purchase at the time. Recently, one of the temple tips slipped off and got lost. I contacted coolframes for a replacement. The sales representative Ziggy informed me that the manufacturer was out of temple tips, that I would have to buy a temple with temple tips at $ 60 a piece and suggested as a more economical alternative to by a whole new frame for $ 80. Does not make much
sense to me but was all the help I could get from coolframes.

Update: The owner followed up on my issue and it turns out that there was a miscommunication between their representative and myself as far as what part of my frames I needed.
He was nice enough to contact me and is getting me the replacement parts.
My first, very good impression of coolframes way of doing business is restored!

"My wife and I enjoyed the cheap price and large selection. We were able to buy the glasses we wanted at a price we could afford. In the future we will for sure use this website to purchase our glasses and sunglasses. "

"VERY responsive customer service."

Coolframes.com is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Coolframes.com is a merchant member
Coolframes.com participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 1,920 merchant members.