• CoolStuffInc

Chance of future purchase: Rating 5.63/10 5.63/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 6.88/10 6.88/10
    Customer service: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10

"I had a very negative experience with CSI regarding their refund policy when a price changes. Their policy is that if you order an item, and the price for that item decreases, you cannot receive a refund or store credit for that item if the item has already been delivered. If the item is on the truck to be delivered you can get store credit or a refund, but once the item is delivered they are completely unwilling to issue any kind of refund.

I placed an order on a Thursday. The item was delivered on Saturday. The following Monday, i.e. four days later, the item was listed for sale at 20% less than what I had paid. I called to ask for a refund for the difference ($14), expecting that items were price protected (for example, like Amazon does). I was told that not only would no refund or credit be issued, but that there was no one else I could speak to and that they were not willing to do anything to address the issue.

The customer service representative was polite, but I am unlikely to shop with CSI again due to their adherence to this policy. I feel like it is reasonable to request a refund or store credit under these circumstances, and I was completely stonewalled.

___________________________
UPDATE:

After posting this initial review, I was contacted by a CSI representative and the situation was resolved to my satisfaction. CSI and I reached a fair compromise, and I am much more satisfied with their service.

This review was modified by kezusiram on April 30 2015 08:43:29 AM

"Excellent business. Would buy here again. Products shipped fast and were cheaper than most other places."

This review was modified by BuyerCSItt on April 08 2015 09:37:32 AM

"CoolStuffInc is great! I've used them for years, spent $1000.00's
Free shipping on larger orders, packed well. Better prices then Amazon, large selection of game related items. I've only had one "problem order" and once I contacted them they immediately sent the correct item with no hassle.

"removed package from fedex without permission will be getting legal help involved. id advised no one shop from here storefront or online."

This review was modified by jasoncore on February 19 2015 06:24:15 PM

"Seller is great, they did get my orders wrong, but great prices. "

This review was modified by clefairy11 on February 18 2015 08:33:48 PM

JackOfAllGames's Avatar

Novac, NV

"GREAT seller! Better prices than Amazon in most cases, free shipping on large orders, ships quickly, everything has been well-protected in the packaging, decent preorder policy, optional email notifications for restocks, and excellent customer service on top of everything else! I love this seller, highly recommend them whenever you have several games you wish to buy, and will continue to be a return shopper."

"I've been a costomer for five years. Be carefull not to add out of stock items to time sensitive orders as they can hold up your order. They do however have a large invitory of products which are usually in stock and the have a good progressive discount program which rewards customers for ongoing patronage. Their customer service isn't terrible either. My most recent order was mishandle poorly but they did go out of there way to rectify the situation. "

This review was modified by ben031288 on March 05 2014 02:13:41 PM

"CoolStuffInc is by far the best place for all your gaming needs. They have the best prices, most reliable shipping options, and great customer benefits, as well as the best selection around. "

This review was modified by patmak1138 on October 10 2013 07:50:06 AM

"I can't say it enough but I love CoolStuffInc. I've been using them for years now. Great prices and selections. They have bought things from me twice and have been good on their word and given me a lot for them."

This review was modified by sethvanorden on October 03 2013 09:41:34 AM

"Excellent shopping experience! I've been buying from CoolStuffInc for quite a while now, and they never cease to impress me. They continually have competitive pricing and have always shipped quickly and accurately. They also have a huge selection for various genre's of gaming, so I'm able to buy MtG singles, sleeves and board games from the same place. The one time that I did I call their customer service, it was quickly addressed by a friendly rep. I would definitely recommend CoolStuffInc!"

This review was modified by AP33 on September 18 2013 01:30:04 PM

"I love this seller. I have ordered hundreds of dollars of games and have had nothing but good service. The prices are low and the shipping is FAST. I did get a Dominion game that had the wrong card packs in it but the manufacturer was quick to get it resolved and coolstuffinc told me if the manufacturer didn't resolve it then they would, just let them know. This is the only place I buy my new games from."

This review was modified by yeahbowen on July 22 2013 12:20:09 PM

Near Chicago, IL

"Great, reputable online store for board/card games."

"I was a first time customer and I will be a repeat customer! They have great customer service, have great prices, and are a company of their word."

"CoolStuffInc has a great selection and an awesome rewards program. The shipping rates are reasonable. However, what sets CoolStuffInc apart is the fantastic customer service. I made a mistake on one of my orders with the shipping info and thanks to their help it was sorted out almost immediately."

This review was modified by JohnA1990 on November 14 2012 01:44:30 PM

"A very good buying experience! Pre ordered the newest Magic The Gathering cards and it shipped on release day and was delivered without problems. Will order many more time from them!"

Share CoolStuffInc's store rating

CoolStuffInc is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

CoolStuffInc is not a merchant member
CoolStuffInc does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!