Stores > CoolDrives.com / QCUSA INC.
  • CoolDrives.com

Voice your opinion! Review CoolDrives.com / QCUSA INC. by clicking a star below.
2017-03-20

Great experience!

"Good tech support. Great price. Item as described. Quick delivery. What is not to like?"

This review was modified by liamgowing on March 20 2017 02:45:01 PM

2016-05-09

Good product - fast shipping - good price

"Ordered 8" SATA 15-Pin Male to Female Power Extension Cable 15-F to 15-M. Everything good - Price, shipping and the product"

2015-11-09

"The setup was so simple, I didn't need the instructions. I just plugged in the wires, turned the machine on and it instantly read the hard drive from an old laptop that had crashed. There was a brief message stating that I wasn't authorized to view the hard drive or something like that and I just clicked on the button and it opened. Note: you may need to exercise some patience as it may take awhile depending on how much you had on the drive. In any case, attempts to resurrect my old laptop that had crashed were frustrating so I removed the hard drive and trashed the rest. Thanks to CoolDrives my data was recovered."

This review was modified by kingarcher on November 11 2015 04:11:01 PM

2015-10-02

"It has been over 2 weeks since I ordered my product & still nothing. I cant even track its status on my account login. I'm not happy at all with this website. I will wait only a few more days before I dispute this charge on my credit card. Even if I get my product later I will still not be happy. Don't order from this site as they might not deliver your purchased product even after you pay. "

2015-08-25

"I have only used them once so far, but they have been everything that I wanted. I shop for very specific items and price and convenience are VERY important to me. They had the best price on some items and were convenient, so I will use them again if I need them.

The several of the specific items that I wanted were most affordable at cooldrives.

2015-08-06

"I bought a RS232 to Bluetooth dongle. Never got it to work. After a few calls, I got a RMA number and sent it back. Post office tracking says it was delivered. They said its not their problem since they never received it. They claon that the Post Office often loses packages, regardless of what their tracking says. I feel they have acted in bad faith on a $40 product"

This review was modified by louispittsley on August 06 2015 07:36:07 AM

2015-07-06

"Out standing service fast accurate and reliable. Thanks! Keep up the good work"

2014-06-26

"i ordered parts for work (industrial applications) and am very satisfied with purchase. delivery was quick and items were just as described. the adapters got me out of bind, very handy. highly recommend this seller."

2013-09-22

"The excellent price for the external drive enclosure was the reason I made the purchase. When I received the enclosure I was impressed with the quality. Ordering was a breeze and standard shipping was quick! I will order more from CoolDrives.com"

This review was modified by bbealmear on September 22 2013 03:54:29 PM

2013-06-20

"My experience has with CoolDrives has been fantastic: fast and courteous technical assistance / customer service (Thank you, Caleb), unique product offerings (e.g., the SW-SATA2X4), and high-quality, reasonably-priced products. In addition to two of the SATA Switches, I purchased the “USB 3.0 / 2.0 to IDE/SATA adapter with Write-Protection” SS-127ASD product and some cables from them. Their products are well-packaged for the shipping environment, and their shipping is fast and affordable; one order was placed on Thursday night (PDT) and received the following Monday using their $3 flat rate shipping option.

I had seen some negative reviews for CoolDrives, and as a result, I was a little skeptical. However:
- Only CoolDrives had the products that I was looking for.
- Many of the bad reviews were very old. Disgruntled people are more likely than satisfied customers to post a review. Consequently, I would expect to see a continuous stream of negative reviews if CoolDrives is really a disreputable company.
- There were also positive reviews.

I feel that the negative reviews not only do a disservice to CoolDrives, but they do a disservice to the consumer steering them away from a great company with great products. I must admit that CoolDrives’ electronic-only customer interaction is not the norm, but I can understand how a small company might take that approach to contain their overhead costs. However, their means of communication has worked just fine for my dealings with them.

2012-05-15

"Will never do business with Cool/Drives/QCUSA. Order a 4-Eye Deluxe, installed it, had problems immediately with product. Called their tech department for assistance, could not fix the problem. Was told to ship back to them (at my expense) and they would have one of their techs look at and if they could not fix it they would ship me a new 4-Eye. After a week of them having the 4-Eye I was informed that their techs had been to busy to look at it for me to give them another week or two. I requested a refund at time and was told by Shawn that I would receive a full refund for the amount I paid. Refund was issued but not for the full amount because they charge me a 10% restocking fee. Requested a full refund for the restocking fee becuase the part was defective and should of never been put back on the shelf. I was then turned over to a Rene which was rude, disrepectful and after numerous emails back and forth with her, I told her to keep the restocking fee of $11.29 becuase I felt that was the only way the company could make money becuase they restocked defective products. dns"

2011-08-09

"Ordered a USB to IRDA gizmo. Web stated in stock. Got an e-mail stating back-order (all the while, the web still has IN STOCK). Finally they claim to ship. Nothing for two weeks. "

2010-05-18

"Buyer Beware. If you have problems with a product this company or its affilites sells you will be at their mercy. Shipping is not refundable and there will be a restocking fee, most likely the maximum. Filed numerous complaints (Paypal, BBB) owner would no longer respond. Read the Return Policy but they won’t follow it. Did get a refund minus shipping and maximum restocking fee 50 days after they said they issued a refund. Below is complaint to BBB, judge for yourself.
"Tech states that user does not know how to correctly connect their product to a computer and an IDE Hard Drive. In accordance with their video and users guide, their product (USBG-PSATA) was connected accordingly and started based on their provided information. Basically, it would not be connected any differently than installing a hard drive into a computer system. However, their video does not correctly show the proper procedure for every case! Needless to say, the power adapter connected to the power connector, molex connector, of the hard drive destroyed the spindle motor to a WD800JB-00JJC0, which was a known working hard drive. The Hard Drive was RMAed back to Western Digital for replacement. A second hard drive, WD800BB, was tested in the same known working system, and then tested with only their power adapter. Well, the same result as the first hard drive occurred, a sickly smell of spindle motor failure. The hard drive was retested in the known working system, but the hard drive didn’t pass. I RMAed their product on October 9th, and they received their product on October. The product was purchased on the evening of September 16th, less than 30 days. The first time, I used the product there was no problem. The failure occurred on the second use of their product. I powered on the surge suppressor with the power adapter connected properly to the hard drive. A pop was heard, and then the sickly smell. Their product failed; I returned their product. Initially, I just wanted the product to be replaced, but after being rudely treated by customer service, I request a full refund. The component list of my test rig can be provided also upon request."

2010-01-27

"Order: Cooldrives-46412
Order #398379

I will never do business with cooldrives or their affiliates again. I also recommend that if your time and money is important to you, you stay away from their products as well. We have ordered 5 different multi drive bay enclosures and cables over the last 3 years. ALL of them have shown issues within the first year.
1. The hd will go offline for no reason
2. The enclosure will stop powering up
3. The raid becomes degraded
Sometimes something as simple as moving the drive enclosure will cause it to quit working all together. If you are still under your warranty period, support does a good job of assisting you get the hardware replaced. But that is about all they do a good job with. I noticed that one of the esata multi-port circuit boards came back with a soldered transistor across leads... They did that instead of replacing the board because they are cheap. That board has since failed and I replaced it with one from another company which works fine. The problem with cooldrives is that they are cheap, and you get what you pay for. Their products are cheap, flimsy, and badly put together. Save your money, save your time, go somewhere else. If you want quality products I recommend OWC. www.macsales.com
Thats my 2 cents!

2009-12-03

"I do not recommend doing any business at all with the company. Their web pages stated that all products i ordered were in stock (4 SATA cables). After over 7 days of absolutely no communication to me, they finally responded via email that one cable I ordered was not in stock, hence my order was "On Hold". I politely requested via email (the ONLY way to contact them) to send only the cables that were in stock and to just cancel the one cable that was not in stock. Tech support person Amir Rosmanic (apparently the only person who works at this company) said they would process the order that day. The order was never processed, and they ended completely cancelling my order - wasting over 10 days of my time. Poor communication, with a website which does not reflect which products are out of stock, and poor customer service are the hallmark of this lame operation. Do not waste your time, and do not do any business with them! "

Share CoolDrives.com / QCUSA INC.'s store rating

CoolDrives.com / QCUSA INC. is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

CoolDrives.com / QCUSA INC. is not a merchant member
CoolDrives.com / QCUSA INC. does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!