Contacts1st Reviews - contacts1st.com Ratings at ResellerRatings

Rating 3.44/10 8 reviews

Contacts1st is not a merchant member
Contacts1st does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!

Rating 4/102/5

"Suuuuuuuuuper slow shipping for a super high price of 9.95 and a 4.95 "processing fee". Other than that they are ok."

modified review This review was modified by Iqizhigh on March 19 2014 10:25:18 AM

"DON'T BUY FROM CONTACTS 1ST. THEY ARE not THE LOWEST PRICE AND THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE IS NON EXISTENT. I ORDERED LENSES WHICH WERE SUPPOSED TO BE IN STOCK AT THE TIME OF THE ORDER. THE ORDER WAS CONFIRMED AND - THEY CHARGED MY CC IMMEDIATELY FOR THE LENSES AND A $7.00 PROCESSING FEE AND A 10.00 SHIPPING FEE. THEY WERE SUPPOSED TO BE DELIVERED WITHIN 3 BUSINESS DAYS. I WAITED FOR A 8 DAYS AND THEN CALLED TO CHECK ON THE STATUS OF THE ORDER AND I WAS TOLD THEY STILL DIDNT SHIP THEM BECAUSE THEY WERE ON BACKORDER. NO ONE BOTHERED TO CONTACT ME TO LET ME KNOW THAT I WAS NOT GETTING MY ORDER. THESES LENSES WERE FOR MY DAUGHTER - WHO LIVES OUT OF THE COUNTRY AND IS LEAVING RIGHT AFTER CHRISTMAS, SO TIME WAS A HUGE ISSUE. WHEN I SPOKE TO THE AGENT HE SAID THERE WAS NO WAY TO KNOW WHEN THEY WOULD HAVE THE LENSES. I ASKED TO SPEAK TO A SUPERVISOR - i THEN WAS PUT ON HOLD FOR 25 MINUTES
ONLY TO BE TOLD THE SUPV WAS IN A MEETING. WHILE I WAS ON HOLD, I WENT ONLINE AND FOUND THE SAME LENSES AT WALGREENS FOR $25.00 LESS ! i CANCELLED THE ORDER AND ASKED FOR AN IMMEDIATE REFUND. HA ! CANT EVEN IMAGINE HOW LONG IT WILL TAKE ME TO GET MY MONEY BACK FROM THIS SCHIESTER COMPANY.

modified review This review was modified by carolcastle on December 18 2013 06:15:36 PM
Rating 6/103/5

"Good selection of contacts, but you don't really save any money, as they charge 13% processing fee, plus another $10 for shipping (sent in a plain brown envelope and only about $4 actual postage). The contacts did arrive quickly, though."

modified review This review was modified by maxicat1960 on December 04 2013 04:42:11 PM

"Perfect transaction. By far the cheapest for a years worth of Biofinity toric lenses. After their shipping costs, it was still about $50 cheaper than I could find elsewhere.

The lenses arrived in 4 days from the time that I sent my prescription to them, including a weekend. I paid for standard shipping. The lenses have an expiration date of 2016/11, so they are not close to being expired.

modified review This review was modified by pgans on August 26 2013 02:46:51 PM

"Absolutely the WORST experience I have ever had online buying contacts. I can not believe here I sit two weeks later and still no shipping on contacts. I will never never ever even go to their website again. And I urge you to run if you even think of buying from them. Or I should say, letting them keep your money until they decide they might ship."

modified review This review was modified by tnmurdock on April 22 2012 08:11:25 AM
zeta's Avatar
Arizona, US

"Let me first state that I ordered from three different locations since my prescription was ending in 3 days, which Wal-Mart nor Costco were willing to accept. I ordered from ContactLens.com, 1800AnyLens & Contact1st.com. I was afraid that some of them were going to reject my prescription, therefore I ordered from all these 3.

ContactLens.com had the LOWEST price of them all 3, when you buy 4. Individually, 1800AnyLens is the way to go; plus they have free shipping. Contacts1st had a decent price, and you only get free shipping if you spend $99+.

Shipping/Processing wise, it delivered in a timely manner 4-5 days. I received the orders from the other 2 places in 3 days. The expiration dates for the lens were about 2.5 years from the day I received them.

Before I placed the order, I called them to ask for their return policy, I didn't want to bother checking online since I also had other questions. They said it was OK to return in this certain period of time. So I was sold.

But when the time came to return them, this is when I noticed it wasn't nice. They had a restocking fee of 15% apparently on their site, and they would not waive it even when I told them about the phone call. Some of you might consider that it was my fault and that's fine; but the other 2 companies I ordered they told me their exact policy including if they had or not restocking fees. So I just swallowed the fee and returned them.

Weeks later, I get the refund and I noticed that it's missing about $7-$8 from the total minus the 15%. So I email them and I receive a response saying it was charged for shipping since it wasn't refundable. So I replied to them saying that the shipping was free since I spent over $100. I didn't receive a reply for a week. I sent them a 2nd email with the same message and this time they replied:

"Thank you for contacting us. If you order $100 worth of products, your $7.95 shipping fee is waived. If you order $100 worth of items and return $50, you no longer qualify for free shipping as your new product total is $50. It is understood that the free shipping value is included in the price of the lenses you order when your order total is over $99. Similarly, if you order $200 worth of items and we ship them, and then you return all $200, you will no longer qualify for free shipping. Shipping and handling is non-refundable."

This was absurd! I checked their return policy one more time and noticed this clause: "Return products in their original condition (full, unopened, unmarked) within 30 days for a refund less any shipping charges you may have paid.". I did not pay for shipping - I said to myself. So this time I sent back an email saying that what he wrote was not stated in their policy. If it's not stated there, I don't see why they are doing this. It's like following a rule that's not written and that's wrong! In comparison with Amazon if you buy more than $25 of items to qualify for free shipping; and then you do a partial or complete return, they won't charge you for shipping.

Finally, I was approved of the refund.

I would definitely not recommend them, and this is my experience. Maybe if you don't have to deal with their returns this would be OK. But there are better and cheaper companies out there.

"Received my order quickly, at a great price. I was so pleased with the way my order was handled that I just HAD to share!! I will definitely use them again!"

"Terrible experience and I'll never buy from this company again. I called to be sure my contact Rx was in stock before ordering. Three boxes were in stock and they promised they'd ship those right out, even though I'd ordered a total of four. But they didn't. After the fact, they told me that they only ship complete orders. I was assured that more stock would be arriving from the manufacturer any minute, but it didn't. Weeks and weeks passed, with multiple calls to customer service on my part, and I was finally forced to buy a box from my eye doctor at triple the price.

For the inconvenience (and for lying to me about the ship date), I asked that my order be overnighted out when it finally arrived from the manufacturer but the company refused stating that it's margins are small enough as is. A company which cares about keeping customers treats them right. Obviously Contacts 1st doesn't care about keeping customers.

After waiting over 6 weeks for my order, I finally got an email notice that it had shipped. But the product never showed up. I called, was promised someone would check into it, but no one ever called back. This happened several times.

I was finally promised that my tracking number would be sent to me by email. It wasn't. I called and this time said I wouldn't get off the phone until someone got the tracking number for me, but was told it takes "hours" for the shipping department to provide a tracking number. I said that I'd waited 6 weeks, which was long enough, and that for a customer that had been as inconvenienced as I had been, there should be some effort made to satisfy me. Then I was told that no shipping number would be provided until 7 business days had passed without delivery, and those 7 days would conveniently expire after 5:00 PM on Friday afternoon. How helpful. Interestingly, even though Contacts 1st ships through the U.S. Postal Service, Saturday apparently doesn't count as a business day.

I finally got my contacts, but the hassle, time lost, and money lost by being forced to buy a box at top dollar, means I'll never shop through this vendor again.