Stores > Contacts1st

Product & services pricing Rating 4.17/10 4.17/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 0.83/10 0.83/10
    Customer service: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
Voice your opinion! Review Contacts1st by clicking a star below.
2017-07-24

Poor Customer Service / Over 5 Weeks For Delivery

"I am extremely disappointed with my experience with Contacts1st.com. Although in the past I have placed other orders, I am unlikely to ever utilize their services again and do not recommend them. Most recently, I placed an order on 6/15/17 and did not receive it until over 5 WEEKS later on 7/21/17! They did not indicate that the items were out of stock until AFTER the order was processed and first stated a 7-10 day delay followed by another 5-7 delay when in fact it took over 5 weeks! No additional updates nor tracking info was provided until week 5. If I had known this, I would have ordered through one of several other companies that had them in stock at a similar price. I emailed them 3 times and finally called them to speak with a supervisor who was defensive, seemed uncaring, and not very pleasant despite my being professional. (Initial phone rep would not even state what city he was located in when asked- ridiculous.) Only after requesting it twice via email, they were willing to reverse the $9.95 shipping charge but NOT the inflated $13.50 "handling" charge despite the poor service experience. This all surmounted to extremely poor customer service, poor problem resolution & handling, and is unacceptable. You may want to think twice before using this company."

2017-07-10

Very Poor Company

"Ordered my contacts and was told that it would be shipped shortly. Charged my account for it, then all of the sudden the lenses are backordered. Call 10 days after the order and was told that shipment was coming in hopefully by the end of the week (however no guarantees - which when you have your last pair in your eyes, not a good thing). Did a little internet sleuthing this morning and found the most reputable contact lens provider who had the contacts in stock and would ship them out today and beat the price of Contacts1st. Called to Contacts1st to cancel order and get a refund and to my shock, no problem they will refund right away. This was weird to me considering the excuse from the first representative that I spoke with said they charge immediately because they do not keep any cc numbers on file. Given that statement, wondering how I am getting a refund. Will be interesting - and btw, before I started this review, I emailed my prescription to the new provider and in less than 5 minutes I have received an email thanking me for emailing it and everything looks great and the order will ship today. What a great company they are."

2017-06-29

Month later, no contacts

"Ordered ~29 days ago, was contacted days later that the contacts were not in stock. Three times now the estimate for when they'd receive it was pushed back, and every single time *I* would be the one contacting them a week after the estimate. They offered to ship me partial, but no thanks - when I'd get the rest of the order nobody knows. Bad service, scammy website - don't sell items you don't have in stock nor order promptly for the customers, if ever. Don't bother! I'll be doing a chargeback if things aren't resolved by next week - and I give a *lot* of leeway, a week each time to get things rolling!"

2017-06-19

Lousy Communication and lousy service

"I ordered contacts from these people. It is my first time to use contacts. They accepted my order and PayPal payment on 5/19/17. On 5/22/17, I receive an email that my contacts are not in stock and will be shipped out in 7-10 days. Here it is 6/19/17 and I have no contacts and no communication regarding the further delay. They accepted my order knowing they didn't have the contacts in stock. Then, there is no follow up. I guess they got their money so screw me. I spoke with them today and they still don't have them in. These are not Toric or specialty lenses! Meanwhile, the free pair I got from the doctor's office are too old to use. I guess seeing is overrated."

2017-01-18

Wow! Just Wow!

"Started off great, easy to place order. Then I panicked for a second because I ordered at 1:29pm and received a shipping notice at about 4pm. I had called customer service and asked if my order could ship the same day and they said no because the cut off was 1pm. So I was like fine. Then When I got the shipping email, I was like oh no, this is all not real because it was after cutoff. And then I got it the next day! Without even paying for 1 day shipping! Total bill $38 for contacts doc wanted $70!"

2016-12-13

Super quick, and easy!

"I placed my order on Monday, and it shipped same day! Super easy, and quick!!!"

2016-12-01

Lenses never received

"I called-and emailed this company immediately after noticing they were shipping my order to an old outdated address they had on file. Their solution was for the post office to re-route the package, however, they did not initiate this process. Therefore I had to contact USPS (have you ever tried to speak to someone? The wait time was more than two hours) and needless to say what I ordered was never received. I had to then get my contact lenses from Costco on top of being out almost $160 for lost contacts. "

2015-09-05

"Cheaper than other websites but shipping is slow. I paid $26 for overnight shipping. Shipped on a Friday not scheduled to arrive until Tuesday after a labor day. I might as well paid for standard shipping since it takes the same amount of time. UPS operates on weekends so obviously my $26 was a waist. "

2014-11-08

"usually receive contacts in 1-3 days with standard shipping. been telling my friends for years and will continue to support! recommend checking recent google reviews over resellerratings at http://www.google.com/shopping/seller?q=contacts1st.com -- don't make mistake and pay more from 1800contacts -- contacts1st does the same for fair prices!"

2014-10-20

"Great service, quick email response time, professional staff. Delivery in 3 days with regular shipping on my Air Optix lenses. Grateful for low prices, have been with you for almost 4 years. Love the simplicity of the reorder (click, pay, delivered). Please don't change."

2014-08-07

"Contacts 1st is user friendly;easy to order. fast delivery. Never had a problem. I would most definitely refer a friend. Thank you Contacts 1st. "

2014-03-19

"Suuuuuuuuuper slow shipping for a super high price of 9.95 and a 4.95 "processing fee". Other than that they are ok."

2013-12-18

"DON'T BUY FROM CONTACTS 1ST. THEY ARE not THE LOWEST PRICE AND THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE IS NON EXISTENT. I ORDERED LENSES WHICH WERE SUPPOSED TO BE IN STOCK AT THE TIME OF THE ORDER. THE ORDER WAS CONFIRMED AND - THEY CHARGED MY CC IMMEDIATELY FOR THE LENSES AND A $7.00 PROCESSING FEE AND A 10.00 SHIPPING FEE. THEY WERE SUPPOSED TO BE DELIVERED WITHIN 3 BUSINESS DAYS. I WAITED FOR A 8 DAYS AND THEN CALLED TO CHECK ON THE STATUS OF THE ORDER AND I WAS TOLD THEY STILL DIDNT SHIP THEM BECAUSE THEY WERE ON BACKORDER. NO ONE BOTHERED TO CONTACT ME TO LET ME KNOW THAT I WAS NOT GETTING MY ORDER. THESES LENSES WERE FOR MY DAUGHTER - WHO LIVES OUT OF THE COUNTRY AND IS LEAVING RIGHT AFTER CHRISTMAS, SO TIME WAS A HUGE ISSUE. WHEN I SPOKE TO THE AGENT HE SAID THERE WAS NO WAY TO KNOW WHEN THEY WOULD HAVE THE LENSES. I ASKED TO SPEAK TO A SUPERVISOR - i THEN WAS PUT ON HOLD FOR 25 MINUTES
ONLY TO BE TOLD THE SUPV WAS IN A MEETING. WHILE I WAS ON HOLD, I WENT ONLINE AND FOUND THE SAME LENSES AT WALGREENS FOR $25.00 LESS ! i CANCELLED THE ORDER AND ASKED FOR AN IMMEDIATE REFUND. HA ! CANT EVEN IMAGINE HOW LONG IT WILL TAKE ME TO GET MY MONEY BACK FROM THIS SCHIESTER COMPANY.

2013-12-04

"Good selection of contacts, but you don't really save any money, as they charge 13% processing fee, plus another $10 for shipping (sent in a plain brown envelope and only about $4 actual postage). The contacts did arrive quickly, though."

2013-08-26

"Perfect transaction. By far the cheapest for a years worth of Biofinity toric lenses. After their shipping costs, it was still about $50 cheaper than I could find elsewhere.

The lenses arrived in 4 days from the time that I sent my prescription to them, including a weekend. I paid for standard shipping. The lenses have an expiration date of 2016/11, so they are not close to being expired.

Share Contacts1st's store rating

Contacts1st is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Contacts1st is not a merchant member
Contacts1st does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!