• Address: 3295 College St

Chance of future purchase: Rating 0.83/10 0.83/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.14/10 1.14/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.67/10 1.67/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.79/10 1.79/10

"Conn's opened a new store in Knoxville, TN. We needed a refrigerator. Bought one end of May. Nice people. All went well until the refrigerator temperatures began going nuts. The manufacturer began attempts to repair this unit. In the meantime we could not use it to store food. We ate "to go" meals and threw out leftovers. While waiting for the manufacturer to make a decision, we went back to Conn's and purchased another refrigerator. When the delivery crew came to remove the first refrigerator, they dented and scraped the doors. In addition the house door jamb got beat up, the carpet needed a cleaning from their dirty shoes and the arm/back on the sofa had a dirty hand print on it. After making a call to the store I then received a call stating that they would begin the process of replacing the doors. Over the next couple/ three weeks I received calls from a supervisor and regional manager stating they would replace the doors. I also contacted their Customer service and they stated I would be receiving a call about the doors. I received a call from a regional manager that said they wouldn't be replacing the doors and made a $150.00 compensation offer. I told him this was not acceptable. The doors and hardware run $450-$700. I then filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. As of this date Conn's has not responded. I was promised new doors and it now appears I will end up with nothing but a dented and scraped refrigerator sitting in my garage. This issue with Conn's may end up in court"

"I have used Conn's for about 10 years, last year we purchased a new house and I bought a refrigerator, microwave, washer, dryer, 3 large tv's and accessories. I spent over 7000.00 dollars. for some reason they set it up on 3 different accounts 12 months no interest. Apparently i missed a payment on one, since i did they then compounded all the interest automatically. But some reason they had "wrong number on file" so i didn't receive a call. When i figured it out, it was less than 25 days past due. They said i can have it sent to review, that was a joke they denied. i would not recommend them, i learned early that they charge a percentage if you don't have homeowners insurance. If you are not careful your interest rate is 24%, that is worst than any credit card i have ever seen. I would recommend anyone but Conn's."

modified review This review was modified by jeremy06 on October 30 2014 02:56:06 PM

"Horrible first experience with this store. I purchased a bedroom set for my son's room. The Experience was outstanding! The sales person was kind and experienced and very helpful. We were told that delivery would normally be "NEXT DAY" that is their selling point for the store "NEXT DAY DELIVERY" however because it was so late Saturday night they asked if it would be ok to deliver Monday? Sure no problem we can handle that. Monday comes and no delivery call. I call the store and after searching for my order for 30 mins. They tell me it was scheduled for delivery on the 31st which is "NEXT DAY + 6 days" So I get upset because of their promise of "NEXT DAY" delivery I already moved all my son's furniture out of his bedroom and into storage and told him he had to sleep on the floor only 1 night. Now I have to tell him otherwise. I was planning on shopping there for all my furniture needs in the future but not anymore. I will choose a store that keeps it's word or at least compensates you for any inconvenience they cause due to poor information. "

modified review This review was modified by jphillips9199 on October 27 2014 11:47:42 AM

"I went to the store knowing exactly what I was going to buy I walked threw the whole store and not a single associate approached me. I work in retail my self and it's a hirable feeling when no one notice and ask to help. And these work off of commission on top of that. I walked out with out buying anything and will defiantly think twice before going there again. "

modified review This review was modified by Mariyam on October 05 2014 02:43:27 PM

"I bought a United Lakewood Chair #3685DOECHAIR from Conn's 6052 Marsha Sharp Freeway, Lubbock, Tx. 79407 on 9-17-2014. Conn's delivered it on 9-20. By 9-25 the seat bottom cushion had flattened so I called Conn's Customer Service to get it repaired. One of the pillows included was also torn. They said I would receive a call within 24-72 hrs for scheduled appointment time. No call was received within their time frame so I inquired only to be told by Service Dept. that they don't repair furniture in my area and I should call the store for further help. I called the store and talked to Bobby(salesperson) with him saying since I didn't give him 5's on his audit report that he won't help me but I could talk to Rick(store mgr.). Rick said he couldn't help because of corporate policy regarding repairs. All he could do is send an email to resolution dept. requesting a review of my call and that I would receive a return call shortly. Called Customer Service on 9-29 and was told that I would receive a return call from the resolution dept. about my inquiry. Called Customer Service on 9-30, again transferred to Service Dept spoke to Monica(service mgr.) then transferred to Anna(corporate cust. service mgr.) only to be told that I had to wait another 24 to 72 hours before the resolution dept. would determine when, how and if they were going to fix my chair and pillow since they don't service my area. Called on 10-2, spoke to Carla. She said the resolution dept. has decided to replace the chair and she would call me back shortly with a scheduled delivery time for the swap. No call again. Called on 10-3 spoke to Rolando, he said I would need to speak to Customer Service. Transferred call to Ian, then Ian transferred me to Odonnell (Manager). Odonnell said they show no service call has ever been initiated for this claim and that he would forward the claim to the resolution department since Conn’s doesn’t service furniture in my area. I would receive a call in 24 to 72 hours regarding their resolution. Their warranty doesn't exclude any area of coverage nor did the salesman disclose any lapse of area coverage when I purchased the furniture and I’m still unable after repeated calls to get a replacement or repair time."

modified review This review was modified by Jamest0515 on October 03 2014 02:32:50 PM

"HORRIBLE!!!!!! yes I was approved quickly, however that was just their way of getting me in there. I purchased a computer for my daughter's school. Over 600.00 and the insurance was another 300.00. Was told that with the insurance they replace if anything goes wrong with it, NEVER was it mentioned that it has to be sent back even if you just got it!!! We had it for 4 days. The speaker was not working(static). Took 5 days then when we got it back speaker sounded same!! I explained that we needed the computer for school and I am having to rent one weekly. They did not even care... All they said was sorry. So I said that I wanted to just return it ... so get this they didn't mention the restocking fee at the time of you signing the papers!!! 15% of sale!!!! so Don't forget to ask about the return policy before you sign. I recommend reporting them to the Better Business Bureau!!!!"

modified review This review was modified by DCGUERRA on October 10 2014 02:25:09 PM

"Bought a Refrigerator and a microwave at the CONN. Buyer beware, we will match prices up to 30 days. In the fine print not mentioned by the Con Sales person Bob or the Con manager, ad only. Manager said he would call me back, didn't happen. 1 week later, 2 calls, no return calls. 3 weeks later 2 more calls to the manager, no return calls.

Went to Conns and found a dish washer and a washer and dryer I liked. Bought them at Appliance Outlet for less. Why waste your money at Conn's unless you want to be Conned.

modified review This review was modified by Lou9942 on September 14 2014 06:52:21 AM

Conn's User

"I am very happy to say my family and I have nothing but good things to say about this company. We shopped at both locations in Colorado and we were treated absolutely GREAT!! I recommend Conns as a trusted company. We are very pleased!!"

"Horrible customer service. Don't buy from them. Won't back products. Our living room set was delivered we never thought to pull it away from wall to inspect back of furniture.

2 weeks later my wife moved sofa away from wall to vacuum under it when she noticed a 6 inch tear on back side. We called Conns they said there is nothing they can do because we didn't see it within 24 hours of delivery

"I have been a customer of conns furniture in katy fry rd for 2 years and spent well over $6000 and always revered people to them . In April 2014 I did another purchuse of two mattress a total of 2000$ and I kept having bites all over me. Never thought anything of it cuz I have a dog so figured it was fleas. Last night I was laying in bed got up as nd 5 brown
flat bugs crawling all over under my back. I got up flipped the mattress over and my bed had a hole in it and the outside corners
covered in bed bugs and eggs and bug poop. I
t was disgusting. Called conns and they will
not give me another mattress or pay for any exterminator to come out. Im stuck paying 97$ a month for a bug infested bed that I have to throw away and paid $160 for an exterminator to finalists my home and buy new pillows and blankets. I was devastated how conns treats customers who spend allot of money in their and will not help with anything. I will never spend a dime in there and will se them in court. My kids are ate up with bug bites. Never go there.

modified review This review was modified by ashley2014 on July 12 2014 02:31:30 PM

"Horrible!!! Worst customer service!! Do NOT buy from this store!! Bought a refrigerator barely one year and packed up. The customer service is the worst I have ever seen - spoke with. Ms. Denise. I don't want this to happen to anyone else, pls avoid this store like a plague!!"

modified review This review was modified by Refillman on July 09 2014 06:53:17 AM

"HORRIBLE !!! Dont buy at Conns! Their name lives up to their business! My camera broke witin a month, the printer never worked from day one the washer broke within 2 months, getting it fixed they said would take 2 days, they lied, and the guy who came asked us for parts to fix it. And he didnt even fix it completely! Left said he would be back in a couple days, it took 2 weeks for him to return!Said we would need a plumber to remove a clog, after using our buckets and hoses to semi repair the washer issue. Billing is even worse!! Two months in a row I told them specifically NOT to put my payment through my bank until the 3rd, as I am on disability and get my check the 3rd. Twice they put it through on the second, leaving me with 2 over draft fees each time which they refused to pay back. Customer service is very rude, If I were rich I would pay every customer a hundred dollars to shop elsewhere. This is the WORST company we have ever done business with. DONT SHOP AT CONNS!!!! You will be so sorry if you do!! Nothing but problems with this company! "

modified review This review was modified by andrewtakaha on May 24 2014 11:55:28 AM

"I purchased a TV, a BLUERAY and a refrigerator. The refrigerator they sent was not the one I chose on the sore and the BLUERAY didn't not work right. They replaced the BLUERAY but I decided to keep the refrigerator. I paid my last voucher ahead of time after after calling to make sure what my balance was but later they charge me for something I still don't understand and don't agree with. They gave me several different reasons that don't make any sense. I do not recommend CONNS to anybody, stay away from them."

modified review This review was modified by canelca on April 19 2014 11:40:06 AM

"On Feb 7, 2014 I paid two Conn's accounts off and called them on two seperate occations to make sure they cancelled the payments that were set up to go through today Feb 21, 2014. Both associations said it wouldnt go through and it would be ok, well this morning they took $246.76 out of my account and they are telling me that I have to wait 48-72 hours for their mistake to be reviewed/investigated. What is their to investigage, I paid my accounts off in full and they took money that they shouldnt have. They also have advised me that they can only give out managers first names and not the last names and could not be transfered because they were all busy."

"I purchased a 60' 3D TV, Refrigerator, oven and microwave from Conn's. They offered me a free delivery with my purchase, come to find out it is a rebate. I said oh well, Ill send it in, no big deal. Well I sent in my paperwork the next morning to get my $80 back. I waited almost 8 weeks and thought hmm, I should have my rebate by now, well I call the store and they give me a number to call, I call the "rebate" office and they tell me that I wasn't eligible for free delivery( Well if I wasn't eligible why would they give me the paperwork in the store) I asked to speak with someone else, another lady came on the phone and said that I needed to resend everything. So, now pretty upset because it was supposed to be really easy and a "perk" it turned into a headache. I thought to myself, does it really matter for the $80? It got to the point where that wasn't even the issue, I started thinking if they can't handle this little task of a free delivery rebate what if something happens to my appliances. SO! After I said I would turn in the paperwork again, they gave me another number to call, which was the number to the store I bought my items from. I call them and a guy answers and says he's the manager. I tell him my situation and he doesn't seem to care at all, he kept repeating "call the rebate office,etc." So I tell him again and again, I already did that, they told me to call you, so can you email me my sales receipt so I can resend everything. He said, no we can't sorry. Nothing else. After about 5 minutes of me explaining my situation AGAIN, (WASTED TIME) He says ,oh I can fax it to you...Oh, why didn't you tell me this already... So I said okay Ill call you tomorrow when I'm by a fax machine and called back the next day, what do you think happens? I specifically asked if the same manager was going to be there, nope. I have to jump through rings again just to get my sales receipt. I am currently waiting on them to call me back, It has now been about 2 hours. So hopefully I can get my receipt and send it in and get my rebate....Doesn't sound tohard does it?..."

modified review This review was modified by Cassiewalker327 on January 27 2014 02:27:04 PM

Conn's is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Conn's is not a merchant member
Conn's does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!