Stores > Conn's

ecom@conns.com
      (866) 765-1513

Product & services pricing Rating 0.83/10 0.83/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.00/10 1.00/10
Voice your opinion! Review Conn's by clicking a star below.
2017-06-23

Worst accounting system possible

"Seriously, they are the worst. Bought an item with 12 months no interest terms. After making payments on schedule for three months I called to get the payoff amount. I made that payment the same day as I called and the payment has cleared my bank. Now, 6 weeks later they still show the account open and full amount due. I called and was told they have to manually check to make sure it is paid off and that can take 2 to 3 billing cycles. I have no idea how a company of this size stays in business with such an antiquated system.
You have been warned. Stay away.

2017-06-20

Never go here

"Conns is a horrible place to get furniture. Me and my husband have been through 3 beds. Never buy from here they don't care about their customers! The delivery people don't know how to do their job and conns really don't even deserve a star..."

2017-05-19

Conns RIP off Misleading web page

"3 months waiting for refund from over payment of Almost $600.00
Because when I paid off the "payoff amount" a new Balance would appear on the online Account page . paid that amount off and few days later new balance appears . after I called was told well it shows a balance to keep the account Active but it is paid off . now I can get the refund for over payment
been told so many different stories on its in process, we are going to escalate it , we will send a 50 dollar gift card just for your troubles of waiting.ECT. but still have not even mailed the check.

2017-05-04

BUYER BEWARE!!

"This company will ripple you off in a heart beat....please read the reviews before shopping at Conns. I've had to contact a attorney to sue them. They told me my interest would be one thing...but when my payment book came it was 3 percent higher. Wasn't suppose to charge me for delivery but they did $80..charged me also for waterline to frig $19.99. Also another$19.99 for a cord. I would shop there if they were giving stuff away! "

North Carolina
2017-04-20

Conn Artists

"I was looking for a small refrigerator. I found a 7.4 cubic foot model for a good price. $350 I wanted to pick the item up and not pay the 79.99 delivery fee but they don't carry these items in the store. They are more than happy to order it and have it delivered. I live half a mile from the store. If you do the math that's a 23% mark up. Come to find out they only carry electronics in the store for pick up. Delivery charges are tacked on to everything else.

Needless to say I did not purchase this item.

2017-03-01

If you care about your money and customer service, stay FAR, FAR away!

"I spent 2 hours in this store trying to buy a fridge under their price match guarantee. Best Buy had the same fridge listed in their ad for $110 cheaper but b/c I didn't have a PAPER copy of the ad, even though we could flip through the ad online and tell management what page of the ad the fridge was featured, some hothead over at price match hotline, refused to price match so the very nice and helpful salesman lost 2 hours of his time and I lost 2 hours of my time! I will never step foot in this store again! Horrible, horrible way to run a business. This corporation ****! And good luck trying to reach someone in upper management. You have to call customer support and speak to another keyboard pushing laborer who doesn't know anything just for them to pass the information along to corporate. There is no number or way to contact anyone other than a store manager who is at the mercy of the hotline hotheads. "

2017-02-09

Misleading, Deceptive - Criminal

"I would strongly recommend NOT purchasing products from Conn's HomePlus. Since becoming a customer last year, I have been lied to, mislead, misinformed and deceived by this company. I am confident that their actions are in direct violation of Texas Deceptive Trade Practices Act (DTPA). And I am seeking assistance from a consumer law attorney.

I bought a living room sofa and lounge set from Conn's HomePlus 12901 N Interstate Hwy 35 store number 1100 in Austin, TX 78753 and had to to return it in May 2016 because it was defective. I understand that things like this do happen from time to time, but here I am almost 9 months later without resolve. My issue is not with the defective furniture, it is with Conn's HomePlus customer service or lack there of. After the defective furniture was picked up/returned to Conn's, they offered me an exchange for a different set. I was not interested in any other available option at that time. All I wanted to do is return the defective furniture and pay any additional fees, etc. As I found out this would be rather difficult. In fact it took over 5 months for them to give me an account balance! Every time I called and spoke to customer service they would tell me that this needs to go to our offline department and you should call back in 72 hours. I did call back what seems like 20 times since May. I was also told that someone would call me to discuss my account. I have never received one call to discuss my account. I do however have the Escalation Case numbers to prove that I have tried everything in my power to close the account. Please note that I was told each time that these cases were "updated". That is why there are less case numbers than calls to customer service.

Escalation Cases:

I have spoken to what seams like a dozen representatives since returning the furniture on May 25, 2016. Initially I thought it was the incompetence of the employees but later figured out that it was just Conn's HomePlus way of mistreating me. None of the representatives could give me a correct pay off balance or a clear explanation for the lack of follow through on closing my account. They told me my cash option was removed due to late payment. I didn't understand this. I have never been late on a payment not to mention the furniture was returned and the Bose sound bar was paid off. Finally one of the customer service managers, David Bearden (37192) said he could help me out. He admitted that the account/order should have been rewritten to show only the Bose sound bar. He then told me he had to submit my account to a different department for review and I should call back in 72 hrs/a couple of days. After a number of call backs I was able to get on the line with David again. He said that nothing had been done with the account and that he had to submit my account to Terry to have my cash option reinstated and pay 541 dollars. After a few more days I called back and spoke with David. This time he was able to give me a total balance due. From what I understood the balance included interest, taxes, prorated insurance, fees, etc. David gave me a payoff amount of 655.42. I paid the amount and David told me my account would be closed. He lied. After numerous calls made in an attempt to speak with David I finally spoke to a George who was able to get David on the line. David proceeded to tell me there was nothing he could do for me and that I still owed somewhere in the 800 dollar range to pay off the interest on the account. At this point I do not know what to do. I am confused, frustrated and my credit report says I have a negative account with Conn's HomePlus. I have not possessed the products in 8 months.

Please look into Escalation Cases and listen to conversations. I would like the account to be closed out.

2017-02-08

CONN's is a NiGHTMARE

"Our sofa was coming loose after a little over a year, we spent right at $3000 at Conn's, and they treated me like crap when I called CONN"s about this defect. They said my warranty only lasted a year. I'm sure under state and/or federal consumer protection laws I'm covered for more than a year on a purchase such as this. Anyway I'm calling the manufacturer of the furniture next. But I'm very unhappy with Conn's customer service and would never purchase anything from them, not even a pencil. "

2016-10-20

Lost good money on expensive items.

"I'm located in Albuquerque New Mexico I had purchased serval items from the store located on hotel circle at 45 hotel circle NE. I had bought a living room set by jacksons furniture with two floor lamps totalling over $2,000. Also a laptop and beats in August. So different inboxes and all. My complaint is about my couches, I had did a service call and they came to cut open the bottom of my new couch only to find the whole back side of the couch wasn't even connected to the base of it. He did in my own terms scotched taped it back up cause I don't feel it's the same after spending so much money on them. Then my lamps both are identical and both the same piece had broken. It's the finials that hold the lamp shade in place. Both finials had broken into pieces. Lastly my Apple MacBook Pro came with a case included. However the case is for the air and is much smaller than the MacBook Pro. I contact sales person manager and manufacturers but got no where. Store just keeps saying they well call me back or whatever. Unprofessional and very upsetting. My items purchased were high ends items and for this to be happening is ridiculous. It just shows they don't care very much as long as the items are paid for. I well not be refunding to Conn's for any future purchases. I just feel my hard earn money has to be appreciated somewhere else. Thanks for the headache. Upsetting customer. "

2016-07-25

Horrible experience

"They know you're stuck once you purchase and don't give a darn about your experience with them.... We bought 6700.00 worth of furniture and only half could be delivered. The bed was delivered without the wooden slats, that holds the mattress up. The nice guy that delivered our furniture, Richard, deserves a medal.. He brought the slats at midnight in his own vehicle. So Monday comes, and we go up to Houston 40 mins from home and pick up our nightstand sand chest of drawers... And guess what? Not in the warehouse. Anywhere. We weren't called and told not to take off work to pick it up. We were actually called the day before, to go to conns and give them a copy of our insurance and also to pick up the pick up slips he didn't give us to begin with.... Now we still have an incomplete room. And we have been told we have to come to pick it up at the conns store Wednesday. Let's see if it's there on Wednesday morning. "

2016-07-11

C

"I Purchased a mattress and a dining set on 7/10/2016 at the South Rainbow location in Las Vegas. NV. I utilized their YES credit to take advantage of the 0% interest for 12 months.
So far so good. The problem arose when the delivery was made. The sales person had confirmed that my old mattress would be hauled away. I expected this because my husband purchased a mattress from Conns a couple of years ago and they did indeed take his old mattress away when they delivered the new one. (As is the industry standard when purchasing a mattress typically). I was shocked and dismayed and emotionally put distraught when they refused to do so. I called and spoke to Jerry the Operational manager, as well as the assistant manager Julio Castillo who reneged on the promise to remove my old mattress. They said it was against their policy and even though I explained I was lied to, they would not compensate me for the additional $150.00 I now have to pay to 1-800- Got- Junk to haul away my old mattress. I plan to take legal action. I am awaiting a return call from the corporate headquarters to see if they will rectify their deceptive business practices with the bait and switch lying on the sales persons part. If they make it right I will update my review. #Connsbaitandswitch # Connsdeceptivebizpractices

2016-05-16

After purchase, horrible ever since.

"Salesman was good, furniture arrived broken, can`t return the idem after the delivery truck has left you`re house, communication with the extended warranty **** and strting to wish I never spent $3200.00 with them."

2016-04-28

Worst Customer Service Ever

The worst possible customer service ever. Particularly the manager, a real peace of work named Phil. These people will not stand by their product. The minute you walk out the door, you are on your own. We bought furniture from them but my wife was allergic to whatever subpar material it was made of. We asked them to take it back. They refused to even talk to us about it. We fought for weeks and finally got in touch with people at the corporate office. We were told to provide medical papers showing an allergy and they would gladly take the couch back. We complied. They lied. They never did take back the couch. Finally we were left with only one option. We refused to pay for anything we purchased from this den of thieves. We sold the garbage they pawned off on us.

I have dealt, in my time, with some truly terrible customer service. This company has claimed the record for worst. I have never been insulted so thoroughly. I have never felt so abused by a company. I can only hope that this truly pathetic excuse for a company goes out of business before they screw over anyone else. Beware, Conn's will do everything in their power to screw you. Do not go anywhere near their stores.

2016-04-20

conns ****!!

"I financed a sofa set Oct of 2014 with conn's bought warranty the whole package deal, he fast talked ME i looked over the paperwork before i signed it. no where or at anytime did i read or hear salesman say the warranty didn't cover peeling on leather sofas SO me assuming it was covered now i'm stuck with 2 dark brown leather sofa not even 2 years old with peeling pillows and I'm still paying on them I'm one day late paying and they ringing my phone but I can't get any service from them.. NEVER WILL I GO THROUGH CONN'S AGAIN.. UNSATISFIED CUSTOMER "

2016-04-14

Don't buy from Conns

"Does not even deserve a star. Everything I have bought from this dump has broke within a week and then takes forever to repair. Was told if something goes wrong in 30 days will be replaced "LIES" everything they tell you is a "LIE" Three different things all broke between two day and six days. Washer broke would not go on steam cycle they just told me don't use that cycle! This place is a joke! Managers hide so no one can speak to them. When I brought back the laptop he just stood in the back like he was invisible no eye contact!"

Share Conn's's store rating

Conn's is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Conn's is not a merchant member
Conn's does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!