• Address: 3295 College St

Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.33/10 1.33/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.96/10 1.96/10
    Customer service: Rating 2.14/10 2.14/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.94/10 1.94/10

"Conns has to be the worst experience in furniture shopping i have ever been through. They make promises they cant keep and it seems like nobody really knows whats going on. After 1 month of waiting for my couch. The day of delivery at 3pm i get a call saying it would be another month. No thanks conns. Horrible store."

"Purchased $700 Progressive Madison bed from CONNS for Christmas present to my daughter. Met delivery truck on scheduled time to find that all the pieces were not on the truck. Made several attempts to speak with the General Manager, Fabian Guzman but he wouldn’t come to the phone nor did he call me back. Spoke with the Louis, the Salesman, in attempt to get the missing pieces.
Made several attempts to have Delivery bring the missing supports and slates, they claimed that they had been trying to reach me and my response was that I could prove that to not be true with the cell phone records, that they had made NO ATTEMPT to contact me. The end result with the delivery department was that they said that they didn't like my attitude and didn't know what to tell me. I explained that they were on speaker phone and had that I had a witness listening to the conversation and they hung up on me.
I filed a complaint with Conn’s in November via phone as well as on line, a copy of which is attached. Had to pick up the missing pieces at the store with no offer to reduce the delivery fee. There were only (3) slates and "Sealy" (Matress Manufacturer) says that less than 5 slates voids the warranty. Now that Christmas has come and gone, I have inspected the headboard to find that the Manufacturer cracked one of the connections and you can see where they wood putty the holes where the screws went all the way through. Conn’s says that they wont swop it out the headboard that they will send a repair person out. I asked that they just switch out the headboard since it hasn't been assembled, nor do I have all the pieces and it is clearly a Manufacturer Defect. THEY SAID NO -
I have made attempt to contact the manufacturer and have not received call back; Company is PROGRESSIVE FURNITURE out of Ohio. After letting these people come out and tell me they want to repair it or its fine the way it is will be to FILE SUIT IN SMALL CLAIMS COURT against Conns for selling defective merchandise.

modified review This review was modified by arrivedagain on January 13 2015 02:45:03 PM

"We bought a sectional sofa, ottoman, and recliner in October and when they delivered the furniture they did NOT bring the part that connects the sectional together. We had just donated our furniture and we had nothing to sit on so we were in a bind and the only reason we accepted the sofa is that the delivery person contacted the warehouse and we spoke to him and he told us he could get the part in a couple days and the delivery guys would come back and put the sectional together for us. The day after delivery Jennifer @ the warehouse called & said she had to send it to repair, which is another company altogether. WE WOULD NOT HAVE EXCEPTED THE SECTIONAL! Now here we are into the new year JANUARY 8TH, WE GOT THE FURNITURE THE 1ST WEEK IN OCTOBER. (3 MONTHS & 3 PAYMENTS LATER) & still do NOT have the part. You spend over $3300.00 & the next day they are done with you. You call, you get transferred to someone else, then that person transfers you. Back & Forth, all i ask for is what we paid for. "

"Nothing but gimmicks. I have qualified twice for their 10% off and have not gotten it either time because of their "exceptions". They say they price match but they don't. It's always, sorry not that store, sorry not sale prices. Do yourself a favor and shop elsewhere. "

modified review This review was modified by philc64 on January 04 2015 04:18:30 PM

"I bought a dishwasher that has never worked for the 2 weeks I have owned and now because I let service look at it they are stating I can not return because there are parts on order. There service guy told me Samsung makes the worst dishwashers I was told I could go to the store and return. When I get there and take 1 hour of my day out they tell me with a open service ticket that I would have to contact service and the person on the phone that the store manager called said deal with it or do a voluntary repo {I Paid By Credit Card} Jokes on them my card is now handling the resolution. I have spent in excess of $10,000 dollars with conn's guess they don't want anymore of my money."

"well in jan. of 2014 I bought a living room set and a new bed.they wanted to put on 2 tickets and i would recieve 2 free tvs, ok. Delivered the next day and something was wrong with 1 recliner, and 3 days later they bought me another one. Now for the bed it was not as soft as the other one so i called salesman you have to sleep on for 30 days so i did. Finally got that replaced. Well I was surposed to recieve my delivery fee back in the mail. A week ago I got to thinking i did not recieve this so I made a call to find out why and because they had to change out the recliner they are not going to give mine back. Well I ask to ask to supervisor and they told me she was off for a couple of days, but she was the end of my dispute. Thats what they think... While i was buying that stuff they was going to sell me a 60 in tv and give me a 8in I pad, and when they went to give it to me it was a 7 in. so i made them tear up that contract and shame on me i should have had them tear them all up. So buyers be ware Forgot to say this was at the Burleson, tx store"

modified review This review was modified by homer57 on December 01 2014 05:26:06 PM

"I went to Conns yesterday and first issue I had the salesman Joey at the Tucson store never helped me. He introduced me to the finance lady who was very nice and helpful then he went and helped another customer the entire time I was there. I was there 2hrs and the manager had to get him so I could get my sale finished. Then I get my tv stand home and the box weighed 79lbs so I asked my neighbors to help get it in my apartment. It took forever to open the box I took all the parts out and began assembling it only to find a leg was missing. I called Conns furious after Joey answered my call and told me that I would have to bring it back in they couldn't just get me the part. Spoke to the assistant manager he said the same thing so I told him fine I want a full refund when I get there because I don't want another new one only to get it home and have the same issue. He said he would have someone call back. I did find the part today underneathe the styrafoam but it is still the fact they were not willing to help when needed and the salesman never helped me while there. I do not think I will shop there again. "

modified review This review was modified by arizona2 on November 15 2014 06:10:13 AM

"Conn's opened a new store in Knoxville, TN. We needed a refrigerator. Bought one end of May. Nice people. All went well until the refrigerator temperatures began going nuts. The manufacturer began attempts to repair this unit. In the meantime we could not use it to store food. We ate "to go" meals and threw out leftovers. While waiting for the manufacturer to make a decision, we went back to Conn's and purchased another refrigerator. When the delivery crew came to remove the first refrigerator, they dented and scraped the doors. In addition the house door jamb got beat up, the carpet needed a cleaning from their dirty shoes and the arm/back on the sofa had a dirty hand print on it. After making a call to the store I then received a call stating that they would begin the process of replacing the doors. Over the next couple/ three weeks I received calls from a supervisor and regional manager stating they would replace the doors. I also contacted their Customer service and they stated I would be receiving a call about the doors. I received a call from a regional manager that said they wouldn't be replacing the doors and made a $150.00 compensation offer. I told him this was not acceptable. The doors and hardware run $450-$700. I then filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. As of this date Conns has not responded. I was promised new doors and it now appears I will end up with nothing but a dented and scraped refrigerator sitting in my garage. This issue with Conns may end up in court.
UPDATE: November 4, 2014
No need to approach the courts at this time.
I received a response from the Better Business Bureau. Conns has agreed to exchange the refrigerator. I have agreed to this offer. We'll see how long it will take to do the exchange. Stay tuned for a further update.

UPDATE: I received my new refrigerator today November 8, 2014. Thanks to the Better Business Bureau and some level headed Conn's people that did the "right thing", the issue is resolved and now behind us. Conn's rating is now greatly improved even if it took some time to satisfy their customer.

modified review This review was modified by P_Klukis on November 08 2014 04:47:02 PM

"I have used Conn's for about 10 years, last year we purchased a new house and I bought a refrigerator, microwave, washer, dryer, 3 large tv's and accessories. I spent over 7000.00 dollars. for some reason they set it up on 3 different accounts 12 months no interest. Apparently i missed a payment on one, since i did they then compounded all the interest automatically. But some reason they had "wrong number on file" so i didn't receive a call. When i figured it out, it was less than 25 days past due. They said i can have it sent to review, that was a joke they denied. i would not recommend them, i learned early that they charge a percentage if you don't have homeowners insurance. If you are not careful your interest rate is 24%, that is worst than any credit card i have ever seen. I would recommend anyone but Conn's."

modified review This review was modified by jeremy06 on October 30 2014 02:56:06 PM

"Horrible first experience with this store. I purchased a bedroom set for my son's room. The Experience was outstanding! The sales person was kind and experienced and very helpful. We were told that delivery would normally be "NEXT DAY" that is their selling point for the store "NEXT DAY DELIVERY" however because it was so late Saturday night they asked if it would be ok to deliver Monday? Sure no problem we can handle that. Monday comes and no delivery call. I call the store and after searching for my order for 30 mins. They tell me it was scheduled for delivery on the 31st which is "NEXT DAY + 6 days" So I get upset because of their promise of "NEXT DAY" delivery I already moved all my son's furniture out of his bedroom and into storage and told him he had to sleep on the floor only 1 night. Now I have to tell him otherwise. I was planning on shopping there for all my furniture needs in the future but not anymore. I will choose a store that keeps it's word or at least compensates you for any inconvenience they cause due to poor information. "

modified review This review was modified by jphillips9199 on October 27 2014 11:47:42 AM

"I went to the store knowing exactly what I was going to buy I walked threw the whole store and not a single associate approached me. I work in retail my self and it's a hirable feeling when no one notice and ask to help. And these work off of commission on top of that. I walked out with out buying anything and will defiantly think twice before going there again. "

modified review This review was modified by Mariyam on October 05 2014 02:43:27 PM

"I bought a United Lakewood Chair #3685DOECHAIR from Conn's 6052 Marsha Sharp Freeway, Lubbock, Tx. 79407 on 9-17-2014. Conn's delivered it on 9-20. By 9-25 the seat bottom cushion had flattened so I called Conn's Customer Service to get it repaired. One of the pillows included was also torn. They said I would receive a call within 24-72 hrs for scheduled appointment time. No call was received within their time frame so I inquired only to be told by Service Dept. that they don't repair furniture in my area and I should call the store for further help. I called the store and talked to Bobby(salesperson) with him saying since I didn't give him 5's on his audit report that he won't help me but I could talk to Rick(store mgr.). Rick said he couldn't help because of corporate policy regarding repairs. All he could do is send an email to resolution dept. requesting a review of my call and that I would receive a return call shortly. Called Customer Service on 9-29 and was told that I would receive a return call from the resolution dept. about my inquiry. Called Customer Service on 9-30, again transferred to Service Dept spoke to Monica(service mgr.) then transferred to Anna(corporate cust. service mgr.) only to be told that I had to wait another 24 to 72 hours before the resolution dept. would determine when, how and if they were going to fix my chair and pillow since they don't service my area. Called on 10-2, spoke to Carla. She said the resolution dept. has decided to replace the chair and she would call me back shortly with a scheduled delivery time for the swap. No call again. Called on 10-3 spoke to Rolando, he said I would need to speak to Customer Service. Transferred call to Ian, then Ian transferred me to Odonnell (Manager). Odonnell said they show no service call has ever been initiated for this claim and that he would forward the claim to the resolution department since Conn’s doesn’t service furniture in my area. I would receive a call in 24 to 72 hours regarding their resolution. Their warranty doesn't exclude any area of coverage nor did the salesman disclose any lapse of area coverage when I purchased the furniture and I’m still unable after repeated calls to get a replacement or repair time."

modified review This review was modified by Jamest0515 on October 03 2014 02:32:50 PM

"HORRIBLE!!!!!! yes I was approved quickly, however that was just their way of getting me in there. I purchased a computer for my daughter's school. Over 600.00 and the insurance was another 300.00. Was told that with the insurance they replace if anything goes wrong with it, NEVER was it mentioned that it has to be sent back even if you just got it!!! We had it for 4 days. The speaker was not working(static). Took 5 days then when we got it back speaker sounded same!! I explained that we needed the computer for school and I am having to rent one weekly. They did not even care... All they said was sorry. So I said that I wanted to just return it ... so get this they didn't mention the restocking fee at the time of you signing the papers!!! 15% of sale!!!! so Don't forget to ask about the return policy before you sign. I recommend reporting them to the Better Business Bureau!!!!"

modified review This review was modified by DCGUERRA on October 10 2014 02:25:09 PM

"Bought a Refrigerator and a microwave at the CONN. Buyer beware, we will match prices up to 30 days. In the fine print not mentioned by the Con Sales person Bob or the Con manager, ad only. Manager said he would call me back, didn't happen. 1 week later, 2 calls, no return calls. 3 weeks later 2 more calls to the manager, no return calls.

Went to Conns and found a dish washer and a washer and dryer I liked. Bought them at Appliance Outlet for less. Why waste your money at Conn's unless you want to be Conned.

modified review This review was modified by Lou9942 on September 14 2014 06:52:21 AM

Conn's User

"I am very happy to say my family and I have nothing but good things to say about this company. We shopped at both locations in Colorado and we were treated absolutely GREAT!! I recommend Conns as a trusted company. We are very pleased!!"

Conn's is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Conn's is not a merchant member
Conn's does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!