Stores > Conn's

• Customer Support: (866) 765-1513

Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.50/10 1.50/10

2016-05-16

After purchase, horrible ever since.

"Salesman was good, furniture arrived broken, can`t return the idem after the delivery truck has left you`re house, communication with the extended warranty **** and strting to wish I never spent $3200.00 with them."

This review was modified by Raiderssuck on May 16 2016 10:48:39 AM

2016-04-28

Worst Customer Service Ever

The worst possible customer service ever. Particularly the manager, a real peace of work named Phil. These people will not stand by their product. The minute you walk out the door, you are on your own. We bought furniture from them but my wife was allergic to whatever subpar material it was made of. We asked them to take it back. They refused to even talk to us about it. We fought for weeks and finally got in touch with people at the corporate office. We were told to provide medical papers showing an allergy and they would gladly take the couch back. We complied. They lied. They never did take back the couch. Finally we were left with only one option. We refused to pay for anything we purchased from this den of thieves. We sold the garbage they pawned off on us.

I have dealt, in my time, with some truly terrible customer service. This company has claimed the record for worst. I have never been insulted so thoroughly. I have never felt so abused by a company. I can only hope that this truly pathetic excuse for a company goes out of business before they screw over anyone else. Beware, Conn's will do everything in their power to screw you. Do not go anywhere near their stores.

This review was modified by JesseBryan on April 28 2016 12:34:54 PM

2016-04-20

conns ****!!

"I financed a sofa set Oct of 2014 with conn's bought warranty the whole package deal, he fast talked ME i looked over the paperwork before i signed it. no where or at anytime did i read or hear salesman say the warranty didn't cover peeling on leather sofas SO me assuming it was covered now i'm stuck with 2 dark brown leather sofa not even 2 years old with peeling pillows and I'm still paying on them I'm one day late paying and they ringing my phone but I can't get any service from them.. NEVER WILL I GO THROUGH CONN'S AGAIN.. UNSATISFIED CUSTOMER "

This review was modified by frelolinda2014 on April 20 2016 11:46:24 AM

2016-04-14

Don't buy from Conns

"Does not even deserve a star. Everything I have bought from this dump has broke within a week and then takes forever to repair. Was told if something goes wrong in 30 days will be replaced "LIES" everything they tell you is a "LIE" Three different things all broke between two day and six days. Washer broke would not go on steam cycle they just told me don't use that cycle! This place is a joke! Managers hide so no one can speak to them. When I brought back the laptop he just stood in the back like he was invisible no eye contact!"

2016-02-14

the runaround and non-disclosure of policies, and rip-off cost of Repair Serv.Warranty

"On 2/06/2016 we purchased a very expensive Sharp 80" Smart TV for around $3477.00 plus the RSA accidental damage policy, for an additional $479.00. (at the Conn's, Thornton, CO new store) -- The sales people did not say anything to my husband that the TV was non-returnable and/or non-refundable. We got TV home, realized that it was too big for our living room, immediately boxed it back up, and returned to store on 2/09/2016 to return it; when, only to our surprise to learn that, all of a sudden, their policy was non-returnable/non-refundable, although our paperwork (invoice) indicates quite the contrary: “RETURN AND EXCHANGE POLICY IS ATTACHED: 30 days for electronics, . . . restocking fee is 15%, . . ., . . . no returns for floor models and clearance items.” The TV was not a floor model. In fact Conn’s sent my husband over to their warehouse to pick up a new, boxed TV. At no time did the sales people inform/advise or disclose anything re. item was non-returnable, or non-refundable; there was also no “sign” at Conn’s indicating that this was a clearance model. Also, Conn’s newspaper advertising does not indicate “clearance” model.
On 2/09/2016 we talked to an Andrew, Assistant Mgr. He refused to let us talk with the manager of the store, saying instead that he’d email the mgr. to see if mgr. would “okay” our returning TV, and then would get right back to us. Needless to say neither Andrew nor the manager ever got back in touch with us one way or the other.
On afternoon of 2/09/2016 we contacted Conn’s Main Customer Support #1-877-358-1252, only to have them refer our call to their Complaint Dept.’s phone extension, where a recorded message advised “will get back to you within 48 hours.” To date, no contact from them. On 2/14/2016 we again contacted Conn’s Customer Support, relayed our predicament once again; Customer Support agent, in turn, contacted the Conn’s Thornton, CO store ; and returned with the same run-around reply that store said TV is non-returnable/non-refundable.
Conn’s fails to disclose their so-called policies when a customer purchases an item.
We are senior citizens who had saved up a long time to buy this $4000.00 TV and cannot afford to lose $4000.00! Also, in researching the internet and various sources, we’ve learned that the “going rate” for RSA accidental damage policy is approx $298.00; Conn’s ripped us off $200.00 for this policy. We are facing a 30-day time limit to satisfy this matter and get our money refunded.
The sales people are anxious to sell you, but not cooperative or helpful at all when you bring back an item! Don't buy from this store. I don't even want to give them a one-star!

This review was modified by juliegal7 on February 14 2016 06:33:28 PM

2015-12-27

"I purchased a refrigerator and two sets of lamps (one set I took with me the day of the purchase). The customer service in store was wonderful, but then the time for deliver came. Problem #1: the delivery was suppose to been Saturday I had to call to find out that there was a clerical error on the contract and my delivery won't be until Sunday. So I finally get my call to confirm my time frame which was Sunday, December 27, 2015 between 1:15pm and 4:15pm. Problem #2: the 3 hour time frame came and went so after giving them another hour I called the delivery warehouse to see if my deliver would come after waiting and missing my niece 6th birthday party. I got told that the delivery truck had some mechanical issues this morning and since it was Sunday it was hard to get another delivery truck, but my order would arrive at 7:40pm (at that time it was 5:30). Problem #3: 7:40pm came and went and still no delivery. At this point I am very piss off because the lines of communication were nonexistent. Finally at 9:30pm they arrived. The delivery guys let me know that they let the warehouse know of their truck problems at 9am, but no one felt to call to let me know until after I contacted them. After this I won't be giving Conn's anymore of my business or recommend anyone to them due to this delivery issue."

This review was modified by Tannika on December 27 2015 07:47:55 PM

2015-12-21

"DON'T DO IT, FULL OF SH*T. DEFINITELY A CONNNNN!"

This review was modified by AntiConns on December 21 2015 10:20:16 AM

2015-11-30

"Do not buy from this store. Save yourself the headache. I am beyond upset on having a damaged $2700 refrigerador. They damaged it on delivery and will do nothing about it. If you do buy please check your fine print and do not sign till you inspect every square inch of what you buy. EVERY SQUARE INCH!!"

2015-10-26

"I bought a 70" sharp TV after being talked out of buying 60" samsung TV by the sales woman and manager. At first the TV was great. then one week after having the tv the sounds goes out. The sound was fixed and three days after that the picture goes out. so in the 2nd week the TV is not able to be watched. The service guy came out two times and said he fixed it BUT WRONG the TV still has no picture and I have had the TV for over one month. DO NOT SHOP HERE!!!"

2015-10-09

"They are Crooks!! they will say ANYTHING to get you to buy, and after you do the worst is yet to come...... Made payment to only find that my total was increasing? When I called they said my interest rate had changed? Is that even legal?? Said they have the right to change there policy at any time..... Would not do Anything to help resolve the matter, because after the sale, they don't care about the customer!! They somehow get away with this, and have for years!! Im so upset I don't know what to do, but get a lawyer...... Please do yourself a favor, buy ANYWHERE ELSE!!! "

2015-09-23

"Today sucks...So i went to Conn's and bought a refrigerator. Everything was cool until the delivery and install department guys completely dropped the ball more than demarco murray fumbling last year...So.... I never received my automated call telling me when they would be at my house...why?? bc they could find my name and phone number in their system... and the automated call goes through the same scheduling system(problem#1)...so on my way rushing to the house to meet the delivery guys, I got a speeding ticket (problem #2)..when they arrived, 25 minutes after me, even with getting a ticket, that's when the real problems started...I found out that Conns delivery guys are contracted through a third party, which makes sense bc the truck didn't say Conns on it when they pulled up... I thought no big deal(silly me)... the two guys who delivered my refrigerator we're too lazy to do it the right way... my house is brand new 2015 and in immaculate shape. I just moved in..let's just say my walls are scratched badly, my molding on the stairs are the same, my carpets are quite dirty and will need professional cleaning, they took my front door off the hinges after trying to fit the refrigerator through the door with the doors on like idiots (instead of taking the doors off the refrigerator to have my space to fit through the door and make it lighter to carry) and I had to help put it back on bc the guys got into it because one wasn't pulling his weight, used my Jordan retro 10 as a door stopper, stepped all in my flower beds from wobbling the refrigerator when trying to carry it.... I still don't have a refrigerator bc they scratched it too badly and have to bring me a new one (problem idk how many)...so let's see if Conns Corporate can get this resolved by the time I syndicate my posts across the most popular and credible reviews sites for furniture companies on the web:) (FYI I work for the#1 digital marketing firm in the U.S.)..btw their off to a bad start because the drivers tried to lie and ocver their asses. I talked to their manager, Barrett, and he said, they told him my carpet was already dirty and they took pictures...not realizing i recorded their epic fail the whole time on my phone. Barrett replies, " they did all that and you still don't have a refrigerator, damn lol.." ...DON'T USE Conn's"

2015-08-27

"When I made my purchase November of last year, I was hesitant because I am a larger woman and didn't want the mattress to sink in or break before I could finish paying on it. The salesman said, Oh don't worry about that our extended warranty is AWESOME, it even will clean stains if you get any don't worry. So I also purchased an 95.00 plus interest warranty.
Fast forward to August. I called in the day I heard my boxsprings (from Conns) broke on August 1st. (Mind you I have a tempurpedic mattress, so when there is a hole in the boxsprings we then slept in a hole in the mattress.) They gave me a work order number of 0990196 and said someone should call me to schedule a time to come out and take pictures in up to 3 business days. I called back on the 5th and the reference number never went through and they had to start over. They gave me a new work order number 9885555 and I waited again. Finally had someone call, came out and took pictures. They didn't call me back for almost a week I believe, just to tell me they cannot help me because based on pictures a bolt is loose in my frame (how someone can determine that from a pic I will never know) and there was nothing else to be done. I ALSO learned that the warranty didn't cover the boxsprings, it was for the mattress only
(of course it didn't, how convenient). How would I know that? It just says warranty, it doesn't say item specific.
I called back over the course of 3 more weeks to talk to several managers and such. During that time my boxsprings was breaking more and more and creaked so I put the whole thing on the floor so I couldn't fall through in case it snapped.
I finally spoke to a manager yesterday who graciously replaced my boxsprings as a one time courtesy. During that phone call I also found out that since I had a few stains on the top pf my mattress they warranty is now void. I also learned that they might not approve anything further if I keep my bed on the floor because she said “It's more damaging because you're falling into the bed instead of climbing into it. But I was so happy about my new boxsprings I went to my store near me and asked if I could remove my 100.00 warranty and purchase a 100.00 frame. I had recently been receiving letters saying they upped my credit to 4000.00 instead of 2000.00 so I figured swapping out 100.00 for 100.00 shouldn't be a real issue. The manager said my account was set up in a way I could add to the account so things were looking really good!
I get to the store, got the boxsrpings ordered to deliver and removed the warranty and when the manager put in for my frame it was denied, twice. I called the phone number for credit approval and they said "I'm sorry, there is nothing we can do, something has changed in your credit score since November. I looked at CreditKarma.com and see nothing new, AND I paid off my truck in April so it shouldn't be that bad. I am not saying I have perfect credit, I do not, but nothing negative has happened recently at all. Nothing I could find since Feb 2014 and even that was a few years old just not hitting until later.
Why would you guys send out letters stating you have upped my credit to 4000.00 but then when I go in I do not qualify, not to mention I have had no late payments hit my credit with Conns at all. I have excellent credit with Conns. AND I am swapping 100.00 for another 100.00 there is ZERO risk for Conns.
Literally everything I have attempted with Conns after my initial purchase has been like pulling teeth. I would like to add I did my research and found out that Conns spends 10.00 on boxsprings because they buy a million at a time and you guys had me wait 26 days and over 50 phone calls for something that cost you next to nothing.
Today I called to get my last name changed she changed it and I asked for an email confirmation. She said she could not send out emails. I logged into this site and had to change my password because I forgot it and I got an email confirmation that said my password has changed.
Why is it every single thing I ask of Conns, the answer is ALWAYS "NO"? I am unbelievably dissatisfied and disgusted. This is not a customer friendly business at all!!!

2015-08-24

"I bought a washing machine from Conns in Round Rock, Tx like literally 12 months ago... On Friday (3 days ago) I was attempting to wash some towels and guess what! My washing machine was not draining water, spinning or going any further than the fill cycle. I then called Conns since I paid for their very expensive extended coverage warranty, and what do you know... the service department closed at 8pm and throughout the weekend. I had my husband call on Monday at 9am to see about getting someone to come check out our washer that has defaulted and I was told they do not have any available until tomorrow. Mind you, I am currently pregnant and could have my baby at any given time so I have laundry to do. I have clothes for my baby that are needing to get washed and ready for her arrival. When I had asked to speak to someone above the person I was already talking too, I was told there was no one else in the 'scheduling department.' After arguing with the fact I dont need to speak to someone in that department, I need to speak to someone higher up in managment or corporate about this issue. I mean what am I really paying for then?? Most people in American work Monday - Friday 8 - 5 and ironically, so do the service techs through conns... So please tell me how that is supposed to benefit anyone since you have to be at home to have your item serviced. Then when I was finally with terms with just letting them come tomorrow and my husband will just have to be late to work, I'm then told that they will send someone to 'look' at it tomorrow.... What do you mean 'look' at it?? Your not going to fix my washer? I was then told it would take two weeks for me to get another one... Meanwhile, I am prengnat and now have to lug all my dirty clothes, my kids dirty cloths and my newborns clothes to the laundry mat and still pay for this NICE extended coverage they offer.... Fine, just send someone to look at it tomorrow, Well then i'm told they will call me with a two hour notice... So your saying i can't set a time for my item I purchased from you?? So here I am... still paying for this extended shitty service, water in my machine with my towels... and dirty clothes everywhere.

I have called to speak to someone in corporate and they keep giving me the run around... I have been doing business with them since 2008 and never had any problems like this... But I guess their TV's are the only good thing to purchase... Once i pay this off i am completely 100 percent done with this business and I'm going to make sure every one of their sites has my nice little story about my expereince... As I know mine is not the only one since I was told repeatably about not buying one thru them... But lesson learned!

2015-08-01

"PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE stay far away from this company. My husband and I entered the Conns in Gastonia NC , our sales rep Charlotte was extremely nice not to bright but very nice. Well we purchased around $6500 worth of merchandise. Well a week before our payment was due we started getting phone call from a TX number and Im talking about 15 calls to each cell each day! I spoke with a custer service agent named Melissa Lopez well she is the rudest person I have ever met. Asking when my husbands next paycheck is coming in and what we spent his last paycheck on. Then continued to state that obviously us paying Conns was not a priority but paying my cell phone bill obviously was since I was on on it! That we have over $6000 worth of "their "merchandise. I have never in my life felt so attacked by a "customer service agent" ! This all occurred a couple days after our first payment was due and because of a miscommunication. We were verbally told our payment was due Aug 26, 2015 when on the paperwork it stated July 26th. If I could I would pack all "their"merchandise up and deliver it back to them. oh wait I can't because they have a "return Policy" which they try their best to avoid talking about and state on the contract refund policy attached. Which I still have yet to see. CONNS is a perfect name for them because that is exactly what this company is a bunch of con-artists! I wish they had a BEWARE rating ! "

This review was modified by verymadcustomer on August 01 2015 01:36:03 PM

2015-06-29

"Thinking of shopping at Conn's? Don't waste your time. By far the worst customer service I have recieved in my lifetime. I am building a house and choose Conn's after month's of researching best deals on appliances. Going in with the thought of spending 3k on said appliances, I was attacked walking in by several people and could not get a moment alone to even look around. Already knowing what we wanted, we gave the lady the sku numbers to check out. She then informed us that to install the items, it is $120 EACH, not for the whole set, but for each individual item, adding an additional $500 to my ticket that was already a decent sized order. We declined it, being that we are capable of installing them ourselves or having our contractor install them. She assured us everything was in stock for the delivery set a MONTH in advance.

The day before delivery, I have yet to hear from anyone regarding the delivery, or the store regarding my order so I contacted my sales rep, to be told that my microwave is on back order a couple weeks and will be delivered then, however, upon the inital sale, I told them I needed everything at once to ensure my house is finished on time. Now, I'm not one to be rude or to cause an issue, but I work in the same industry as them, and when it comes to my customers, if an item is back ordered, I tell them upfront and keep them updated. I asked my sales rep if we could upgrade the model to be delivered and she told me she'd get back in touch with me. Well a couple hours passed, I hadn't heard anything, so I went into the store and spoke with the store manager. I had found the upgraded model advertised for less with free delivery and free installation at another location so I asked if they could price match and I would just upgrade the microwave. Well the store manager ensured me that nothing could be done, they could not price match (even though they advertise it and explain it to you) and that they would in no way, shape, or form, do free delivery, installation, or price match it.

Had I not needed the rest of the appliances the next day, I would've cancelled my entire order. I cancelled the microwave and went to Best Buy where they had the lowest price, free delivery, free installation, best buy reward points, and excellent customer service and purchased from them. I will never shop at Conn's again and I will be sure to tell my customers my HORRIBLE experience here and that if they shop from them, they will go through the same experience I, and several other people, have been through. Don't waste your time, they may have good deals on appliances, but their furniture is partical board and will not last more than a year, they prey on low income with their finance promos via mail that never stop coming (even when you've never shopped with them or given them your information....which means their getting your information from somewhere....)

Avoid Conn's at all costs.

This review was modified by LadyJeeper on June 29 2015 09:06:44 AM

Share Conn's's store rating

Conn's is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Conn's is not a merchant member
Conn's does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!