• Conn's
    • Customer Support: (866) 765-1513

Product & services pricing Rating 1.43/10 1.43/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 0.71/10 0.71/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.18/10 0.18/10

"If you love being jerked around and being completely screwed over then Conn's is the place to go! We've been trying to get out couch repaired for the past five months, which is covered by our payment plan. Five month, that's right almost half a year, what fun!
Now they're trying to claim the damages are our fault, but that's an outright lie, don't buy from Conn's they say they wanna help but only wanna take your money. Fantastic!

modified review This review was modified by kinshua on May 08 2015 12:54:30 PM

"On Saturday April 11th of 2015 my partner Craig Smith purchased a couch and a set of end tables (INVOICE # 027006692-001) that came with a coffee table, from the Conn's store at 1655 South Stapley Drive Mesa, Arizona 85204. It was myself my partner our roommate and her boyfriend who were looking at furniture. We were approached by Deborah Powers, and she became our sales rep; she was very pushy and annoying. She forced us to purchase a set of side tables and coffee table, by saying we either had to purchase them or pay $140.00 to have the couch delivered to our home in Prescott Valley. A few things have come up about the sale that really ticks us off. Deborah never discussed the terms of her companies warranty until after the contract was printed and signed. #2 She failed to mention the warranty or the return policy. #3 not once were we informed about her putting "life insurance" on our loan: I have never nor would I agreed to that. On 4/13/15 our delivery arrived at our door at about 3pm, Craig received the furniture delivery by Alex and Gill and not once did they ever tell us we had 72 hours to return the furniture if we weren't happy or if the furniture had defects or issues. After the delivery drivers had left we had noticed the tables were very unstable and the glass kept sliding on the supports, we can not have this in our house due to a toddler lives with us and safety is utmost IMPORTANT to us. On 4/14/15 I called over to Deborah to let her know that I wanted to return the tables due to the manufacturers defect and that's when she told me about the return policy, in a smug condescending tone says," I told you there is NO RETURNS!" She said she would talk to her manager and call us back. Later that night at about 8:30pm she said that we would have to call service a total of 3 times before we could get credit for the tables and exchange them for something else. On 4/15/15 I called service at 7:30 am our time and spoke with a representative that told me that we had 72 hours to return the tables if we were not happy or if they ha a defect. She also mentioned that we needed to contact the store manager. I called at 10:30am and asked for a manager, and they told me that they would call me back. I waited to about noon then called back and spoke with Manager Chris Hernandez. He said that he would call the warehouse and get back to me....never received a return phone call. Our roommate Deseree called at about 1pm and spoke with someone higher up then the woman she was talking to. The higher up rep asked who our sales rep was at the store and when Deseree told her Deborah Powers the woman knew exactly who she was and wasn't surprised. She told us to drive the tables to 7313 West Thomas Road in Phoenix, which I might mention was the wrong address it was supposed to be 7333 West Thomas Rd. So, Craig and myself packed up the tables into my van and drove them to the phoenix location. Keep in mind we drove over an hour from Prescott Valley to do this. We walked in and spoke with a rep that had no clue what we were talking about and told us to go back to the Stapley Store in Mesa and speak with the manager. In the mean time Craig was on the phone with customer service and must have spoke to about 3 reps including Crystal. Crystal was still fighting us tooth and nail, because none of the other representatives made notes in our account. Crystal transferred us to her manager Meredith in which went to voice mail in which I left a voice mail to call me back. I have yet heard from her. We arrived at the Stapley store in Mesa and spoke directly with the Manager Chris Hernandez and he was a complete rude ***** Basically. Chris refused any help to remedy the issues at hand, he said we would have to wait for the warehouse to come back up to our home in Prescott Valley. We told him we were tired of being ran around and that we would personally drive now to a third place dealing with Conn's. We then headed over to the warehouse located at 1100 North 127th Ave Avondale, Arizona; which I would like to add was over and hour away in traffic from the Mesa store. Once there was were being helped by a man named Bill, he was doing all he can including calling the store we purchased the furniture and tables from and calling corporate for us. He called the Mesa store and spoke to the manager Chris Hernandez, Mr. Hernandez was a real jerk to Bill, he told Bill the same garbage he told us. Bill agrees that because of the defect in the furniture we should be able to return it. Bill was the most helpful person all day!!! Bill got us on to customer service in which the rep was able to created a 72 Hour Help ticket which number is # 414483. After driving around Phoenix (wasting time, gas) to try to resolve the issue, it has not been resolved. I have never been treated so rudely and passed off as meaningless by a company who obviously is not business of Customer Service what so ever. You have the most unprofessional and rude employee's."

modified review This review was modified by mattk_cs on April 20 2015 11:15:33 PM

"These people are liars! I should of known by the name Cons that I would soon be conned! Never ever go here. I purchased $6000 worth of stuff and some how everything was covered under insurance but my couch which is falling apart 6 months later."

"When others say NO. We say yes. They say yes, to rip you off, any possible way. Conn's Home plus 345 N. Academy stored staff is made up of Crooks, Thieves, Liars, Shady management."

modified review This review was modified by 2540emiko53 on March 22 2015 10:05:52 PM

"Take your money to ta company that appreciates your business. We purchased a bed, couch, love seat and chair on February 21st and they have gave us a complete run around and the delivery time each time we called they gave us a different story. They don't know what the hell they are doing it is now March 3rd and we still don't have our stuff. We will ever canceling our purchase if they don't show up today. Go somewhere where they care."

"I bought a sofa, loveseat, recliner, 60 inch tv and stand. They gave me a "free" 32 inch tv that I have to pay 149.99 for the warranty! The cost of the warranty is about 2000.00 for everything. The "free" tv screen got cracked in my possession. We were told by customer service to return in to the store and it's up to the manger to repair it or give me a new one on the spot. That was February 8th 2015... it's now the 28th. Our contract says 7-10 days... that's funny. When we call or go in the store we're told a couple more days. I went in the store this past Friday and was told the ticket was closed. After the manger investigated he said the repair manager has it and they are re opening the ticket and I will get new tv in 24 hrs. I asked for a new one they have in the store... the cheap ones. He said no.. they have to wait for the repair manager to give the go ahead first. I called the cooperate office and they said the same thing. WOW... the repair manager has more authority than anyone. If they are acting this way about a 32 inch tv...... I'm afraid if anything happens to my major purchases. We've spent about 15,000.00 with them and no late payments. I guess they don't want to satisfy their customers.... I won't be going back recommending them to anyone!!!!!! Btw... still no tv.

modified review This review was modified by Nanchrish1 on February 28 2015 06:40:01 PM

"I regret ever shopping at conn's. Substandard goods are sold at conn's beware, shinny in the store and depreciates within a short period."

modified review This review was modified by gabbitto2000 on February 27 2015 10:27:27 AM

"No stars for this place. Worst customer service!! This company's name is so appropriate they are CON's!!! Do not buy anything from here I promise you will regret it!!!

If you buy something from there and pay the outrageous delivery fee when they deliver your product PLEASE inspect your merchandise thoroughly. I mean turn it upside down and inspect inspect inspect- They will deliver damaged products and if you don't see it right away you are STUCK!!!! They even told me my high price warranty does not cover it!!! WHAT??? are you kidding- Yep contacting our Attorney General Office to file an official complaint and a Attorney
Save this hassle my friends and shop SOMEWHERE else!!!!!!!!!!

"My husband and I purchased a washer, dryer and refrigerator on Aug 19, 2013 from Conn's. In November of 2014 we started having trouble with our washing machine. We called Conn 's and they sent a repairman ( he wore a medical boot) out (washer is still under warranty). The loud noise and knocking sound was not herd by the repairman, but he said when we here it again to record and let him hear it and we did. The second time he came out he left his coat and that was a 2 week span, and he sd we needed a part. Well he got sick and they sent another guy (slender build, w/bad teeth) out in
December, nice guy, who actually took the the front panel off and said we needed something that had to do with the signal and he would order it. Well, 2 weeks past again and a new guy (Hispanic heavy guy) came out in January. He said he was filling in for the previous guy. He came to replace the motor b/c repairman 2 ordered a motor. Repairman 3 said we did not need a motor, but will order suspension rods and when they come in he will replace it all. My husband called corporate & they told him the washer will be replaced because the ticket has been open over 30 days. Their so called replacement means for him to get a new washer and refinance our existing balance w/ the new washer. Therefore, starting our payments all over again! Per the website: a check, gift card, or store credit will be issued for up to the purchase price of an item if the replacement is unavailable or if it is declined by consumer. This lets me know Conn's does not honor their service aggreements. Will not reccomend or purchase from this store again.

modified review This review was modified by Green2013 on February 02 2015 02:47:43 PM

"Conns has to be the worst experience in furniture shopping i have ever been through. They make promises they cant keep and it seems like nobody really knows whats going on. After 1 month of waiting for my couch. The day of delivery at 3pm i get a call saying it would be another month. No thanks conns. Horrible store."

"Purchased $700 Progressive Madison bed from CONNS for Christmas present to my daughter. Met delivery truck on scheduled time to find that all the pieces were not on the truck. Made several attempts to speak with the General Manager, Fabian Guzman but he wouldn’t come to the phone nor did he call me back. Spoke with the Louis, the Salesman, in attempt to get the missing pieces.
Made several attempts to have Delivery bring the missing supports and slates, they claimed that they had been trying to reach me and my response was that I could prove that to not be true with the cell phone records, that they had made NO ATTEMPT to contact me. The end result with the delivery department was that they said that they didn't like my attitude and didn't know what to tell me. I explained that they were on speaker phone and had that I had a witness listening to the conversation and they hung up on me.
I filed a complaint with Conn’s in November via phone as well as on line, a copy of which is attached. Had to pick up the missing pieces at the store with no offer to reduce the delivery fee. There were only (3) slates and "Sealy" (Matress Manufacturer) says that less than 5 slates voids the warranty. Now that Christmas has come and gone, I have inspected the headboard to find that the Manufacturer cracked one of the connections and you can see where they wood putty the holes where the screws went all the way through. Conn’s says that they wont swop it out the headboard that they will send a repair person out. I asked that they just switch out the headboard since it hasn't been assembled, nor do I have all the pieces and it is clearly a Manufacturer Defect. THEY SAID NO -
I have made attempt to contact the manufacturer and have not received call back; Company is PROGRESSIVE FURNITURE out of Ohio. After letting these people come out and tell me they want to repair it or its fine the way it is will be to FILE SUIT IN SMALL CLAIMS COURT against Conns for selling defective merchandise.

modified review This review was modified by arrivedagain on January 13 2015 02:45:03 PM

"We bought a sectional sofa, ottoman, and recliner in October and when they delivered the furniture they did NOT bring the part that connects the sectional together. We had just donated our furniture and we had nothing to sit on so we were in a bind and the only reason we accepted the sofa is that the delivery person contacted the warehouse and we spoke to him and he told us he could get the part in a couple days and the delivery guys would come back and put the sectional together for us. The day after delivery Jennifer @ the warehouse called & said she had to send it to repair, which is another company altogether. WE WOULD NOT HAVE EXCEPTED THE SECTIONAL! Now here we are into the new year JANUARY 8TH, WE GOT THE FURNITURE THE 1ST WEEK IN OCTOBER. (3 MONTHS & 3 PAYMENTS LATER) & still do NOT have the part. You spend over $3300.00 & the next day they are done with you. You call, you get transferred to someone else, then that person transfers you. Back & Forth, all i ask for is what we paid for. "

"Nothing but gimmicks. I have qualified twice for their 10% off and have not gotten it either time because of their "exceptions". They say they price match but they don't. It's always, sorry not that store, sorry not sale prices. Do yourself a favor and shop elsewhere. "

modified review This review was modified by philc64 on January 04 2015 04:18:30 PM

"I bought a dishwasher that has never worked for the 2 weeks I have owned and now because I let service look at it they are stating I can not return because there are parts on order. There service guy told me Samsung makes the worst dishwashers I was told I could go to the store and return. When I get there and take 1 hour of my day out they tell me with a open service ticket that I would have to contact service and the person on the phone that the store manager called said deal with it or do a voluntary repo {I Paid By Credit Card} Jokes on them my card is now handling the resolution. I have spent in excess of $10,000 dollars with conn's guess they don't want anymore of my money."

"well in jan. of 2014 I bought a living room set and a new bed.they wanted to put on 2 tickets and i would recieve 2 free tvs, ok. Delivered the next day and something was wrong with 1 recliner, and 3 days later they bought me another one. Now for the bed it was not as soft as the other one so i called salesman you have to sleep on for 30 days so i did. Finally got that replaced. Well I was surposed to recieve my delivery fee back in the mail. A week ago I got to thinking i did not recieve this so I made a call to find out why and because they had to change out the recliner they are not going to give mine back. Well I ask to ask to supervisor and they told me she was off for a couple of days, but she was the end of my dispute. Thats what they think... While i was buying that stuff they was going to sell me a 60 in tv and give me a 8in I pad, and when they went to give it to me it was a 7 in. so i made them tear up that contract and shame on me i should have had them tear them all up. So buyers be ware Forgot to say this was at the Burleson, tx store"

modified review This review was modified by homer57 on December 01 2014 05:26:06 PM

Share Conn's's store rating

Conn's is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Conn's is not a merchant member
Conn's does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!