Computers4SURE.com Reviews - computers4sure.com Ratings at ResellerRatings

Rating 3.00/10 60 reviews

Computers4SURE.com is not a merchant member
Computers4SURE.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!

"PPLEASE DO NOT ORDER FROM COMPUTERS4SURE. BUYER BEWARE!!!. They are crooks. I placed an order for a new Samsung HZ15W on 5/9/09. They had a great price and it was in stock. I checked today (5/11/09) and the website still said in stock and that my order was in processing. I called about the status earlier and they said it is still in processing, but it should go out Next Day! What a crock of $#!! Later that day I called to confirmed that it had shipped and they told me it was out of stock. What is worse is that the rep I spoke with actually said that it is normal. Apparently when you place an order with them it does not mean that you actually place an order for the item you order. Liars. Crooks. DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM!! (or CostCentral or FotoConnection-same issues with same item)

FINAL UPDATE: Placed order through Vanns.com and everything was AWESOME. Received it within 2days with auto status e-mails sent throughout. I will use Vanns.com again for sure.

modified review This review was modified by Casey_Bryson on May 22 2009 11:42:46 AM

Rating 4/102/5

"Poor communication. Item not in stock, even though showing in stock. Website does not allow you to cancel order. Can't automatically generate a Return Authorization on an order I received, (their automated didn't work). Sporadic emails, first working with a person, than get a generic email.

Email address for service doesn't work (replied to one of their messages). In short, frustrating and time-consuming to do business with.

"I waited almost 2 months for a Wi-fire to be delivered. Enough is enough. I canceled the order - a huge waste of time and energy - very dissatisfied with this company."

Rating 4/102/5

"I ordered an item sold as 50 pieces, in bulk, and was shipped ONE piece. The item was internal floppy disk drives and the price was good, perhaps too good, but then floppy drives aren't exactly in demand and could have been a close out. ONE floppy drive for $65 shipped is beyond rediculous, so it could not have been the real price for ONE.

These people are completely unreachable. If you call them, they either direct you to a non-response button pushing information line, or if you get to their sales line you are on hold forever and finally, after an hour, you get a dial tone. They say you need an RMA Number in order to return anything but since you can't reach them you can't get an RMA number.

Cute.

Tomorrow I'm calling my credit card company and doing a chargeback, which seems to be the only way one can get their attention.

Avoid this company at all costs. There is nothing they sell that you need that can't be obtained elsewhere for less, and with much less aggravation.

ADDENDUM: I finally, after multiple tries and more than 2 hours on hold, in total, got through to a human being. She offered to find out if they would ship me the 50 units instead of the one I received, or, offered to send a call tag UPS label. I chose the latter. I was able to send the package back at their expense and got a full refund including my shipping charges.

Certainly, my story had a "happy" ending, but the aggravation it took to get to this point does not encourage me to deal with this company again.

modified review This review was modified by champignon on September 16 2007 10:37:38 PM

"I ordered an in-stock item at the end of July and elected to pay using check/money order as I did not require it immediately.
A week later I received an email confirming that my payment had been received and there would be a 10 business day processing period before the item would ship.
This was an acceptable time frame (albeit excessive compared to other etailers) as I only required the item at around the end of the processing period.
During this time the item went in and out of stock with some regularity and so was not too concerned that the order would be delayed once processing was complete.
However after the processing period had passed I noticed that despite the item still frequently going in and out of stock, my order had not shipped.
Several emails were sent via their webform enquiring about this with only automated replies received (none of which were relevant to my issue).
I finally called them (as the item was in stock at that very moment) and after 25 minutes on hold was told by the CS representative "yes, it does appear that something is wrong - I will forward a note to the warehouse and you'll receive an email in the morning".
Of course by the morning the item was out of stock again and so couldn't be shipped even if instructions to do so were sent to the warehouse.
(Note - I did not receive that "email in the morning" either.)
The next day it came back in to stock but once again the order remained unshipped.
Unfortunately it very promptly went out of stock and remained that way until yesterday evening when I noticed it had returned.
I immediately called as I hoped not to miss my opportunity to remind them that I had an outstanding order.
After 30 minutes on hold I was told virtually the same thing as during the previous call, only shortly afterwards my order changed from 'backordered' to 'in process'.
Today, some 6 weeks since I placed the order, 5 weeks since they confirmed that they had received my payment and 3 weeks since that payment was processed I finally notice my order has moved to 'shipped' status (or rather UPS have been given instructions that it is about to ship).
I notice that despite the delays they have not deemed it a courtesy to apologise or upgrade my shipping from the standard 'ground'.
Suffice it to say I will never be using this incompetent, uncommunicative company again and recommend to all that they avoid Computers4Sure wherever possible.

"Their inventory status is completely bogus and misleading. I placed an order for an item listed as "in-stock". Then I entered all my payment information. Next day, a sales rep called me to confirm my order has been "accepted". Three days later I check the status of my order, and it is listed as "Out of Stock / Backordered". I decided to cancel the order. Don't waste your time with Computers4Sure. Next time I'll shop with another dealer 4 sure.

"Bought a HP Monitor 22" for $294.95, received it in 5 days in excellent condition. Same Monitor on HP's website is $400.00, and HP charges tax.
I had free shipping and no tax. Did everything online with out any trouble at all. Would buy from this vendor any time.

modified review This review was modified by bgatchell on March 22 2007 04:50:21 PM

"I bought a Plantronics headset in November. Though website showed the model compatible with our phone system, it was not. I requested an exchange but they said they could credit me if I sent it back and then reorder. I received an RGA to return goods...did so mid-December...they have not provided a credit, they will not return phone calls, nor respond to e-mails...I am ready to turn this over to the Illinois Attorney General....Remember, things may be great with this vendor if all is well...pray that you don't need to return anything"

"I ordered a Thinkpad X60s notebook. Within ten minutes of placing the online order my phone rang. A nice gentleman speaking broken english asked me to confirm the order. I guess they did this because, at $1860, the item is rather expensive.

I received two follow-up emails confirming the order and then its shipping tracking number. The notebook arrived as scheduled and I'm very satisfied with it.

I downloaded my rebate application from the store website and received my $200 rebate from Lenova as promised.

I had previously purchased a LCD monitor and many other many smaller items from this store without issues and shipping has always been prompt.

I'm appalled at the poor ratings they have received.

"This company used to be one of the best but they are now sinking into the morass. Unlike others who have rated the company poorly for not shipping items, my items did ship and I received them, but they were unsatisfactory and I wanted to return them. Absurdity ensued. They list an email address on their website for returns, but emails sent to it bounce. Likewise a form on their website, linked to the same bad email address. Try it yourself, the address listed is returns@c4sure.com but nothing ever gets to it. Sadly, I may end up having to dispute this order with my Discover card folks, and they've not exactly been stellar either."

"This was my first purchase from this company and I was quite impressed. I ordered a Toshiba Gigabeat S portable media center. I knew Toshiba hadn't released it yet, but Computers4Sure had the best price and free shipping. About once a week, I received an email reminding me that the Gigabeat was backordered. I called them on 6/15 to ask if they knew when it would ship. The sales support rep took my information and said he would send me an email as soon as he had word (he didn't want to keep me on the phone - even though it was toll-free). Within a few hours, I had an email with an expected ship date. The item shipped 4 days earlier than expected and arrived in one day via UPS ground. The charge hit my credit card the day the Gigabeat arrived. It was well packaged and is up and running flawlessly. Kudos to Computers4Sure for pricing, shipping value, keeping me informed, customer service and quick shipping."

"Purchased the ShureE2C headphones. Very nice price and the shipping was included. I used standard shipping and the product was at my door in two days. Very fast service! "

"In summary: This company claimed to have an item in stock when they did not, and their customer service rep's lied to me over the phone twice. Now they have stopped responding to my emails, and have not cancelled my order despite me requesting it.

In length: I have been looking for a Logitech G15 Keyboard for over a month now, and everywhere I go, it is either overpriced or out of stock. This company's website sai it was in stock (for cheap) with free shipping. Since I have burned before, I called their customer support line to confirm that the item was in stock and for the price advertised (which the rep I spoke to said it was).
I placed my order and recieved a confirmation email almost immediately that said orders placed before 4pm eastern (mine was placed at 10am) ship the same day. The next morning the item had not shipped, and the item's page said it was now out of stock, but the order status page said my order was still 'processing', not cancelled or backordered. After again calling the support line, I was told the item may be shipping from a different vendor and I should recieve a email confirmation later that day. 2 (business) days later, nothing had changed, except the length of my fuse. I sent them an email demanding an explanation, or I would cancel my order the next day. I received no response, and emailed them telling them to cancel my order. Another day has gone by since then, and neither my order shows being cancelled, nor have I received any response to my emails. This company is a fraud.

"They are not a reliable company. They can cancel your order any time without bothering telling you about it. I will never shop there again."

"BEAWARE!!!!
They cancelled my order after taking my valuable credit card and personal info.
AND NOW, they are sending spams to me...