• Address: 4722 W. Touhy Ave. Lincolnwood, IL
    • Contact: tech@cbipc.com
    • Phone: 847-675-1111
    • Customer Support: 847-673-0000
    • Business Hours: 10.00am - 7.00pm Mon-Thur 10.00am - 6.00pm Friday 11.00am - 6.00pm Saturday Sunday Close
    • Fax: 847-673-7340

"Ordered "NetDisk 352UN 2 Bay NDAS Network Enclosure" from Computer Brain through Amazon Marketplace. Seller sent me "NetDisk 351UNE 3.5-Inch USB/eSATA/Ethernet Enclosure For USB or Network Storage", which is a single-bay enclosure. I contacted seller thru Amazon to resolve. Seller paid return shipping, stated they did have the correct item, and would send it to me as soon as they received the first one back. After they received the first item back, however, they again sent the same, wrong item. This time seller stated that they did not have the correct item for sale. They sold the one they were holding for me to another buyer and told me that they no longer have this item for sale. SHAME ON THEM. AVOID THIS SELLER!"

"[review edited]

It took me a little while to resolve an issue regarding an incorrect item. It would have been nice if the customer service representatives kept me informed while looking into a replacement item since it took longer than expected (probably because the item was discontinued), however they meant well and aimed to please.

modified review This review was modified by yury1854 on January 16 2009 11:52:25 AM

"Absolutely the worst company to deal with. I placed an order and ran into nothing but trouble. 1st, they backordered the product after I paid 3 day shipping. I got 3 different ship dates and finally they sent the product out 3 weeks later. This is not the last part of the problem, now they will only ship to the billing address on my card (understandable) although it is 5000 miles away and they can ship to where I was for an additional $30 in shipping. That made me wonder, so I get the product sent from my billing address to my location. Now I have paid 2 shippings for the product. When I get the product it is not what I ordered. However thier customer service insists that the paperwork say I got what I ordered. I think I know the difference between a wireless router and a regular one. But thier paperwork must be correct even though the model number on the box does not match the model number on the product. What do I know. So they want me to send it back and pay a 3rd shipping on the product and I will not get a full refund. Since the paperwork does not support the error they made it must be my fault. Well this customer service is the absolute worst I have ever had and after 5 weeks I still do not have what I needed. So I get the product from another vendor that is reputable. BEWARE this vendor they are sneaky and misleading. They will not help you if you have problems. Out for the money and screw the customer. But at least the router I ordered from them had a lovely trip around the North American continent at my expense. Wish I was that lucky."

"I ordered a knife set on Computerbrain.com on 6/11. I know you're probably thinking- a knife set off of a computer website? Well it had the best prices and after I checked the review on pricegrabber- it seemed the site was legitimate. Unfortunately this by far has been the worst buying experience I have ever had.

I have never written a bad review until now
I placed the order and the item showed as 'in stock'. I recieved a confirmation email stating the same. However a few minutes later I got a call from C.S. stating the item was backordered and would be back in stock to ship out June 19th. As I said- this was the best price I found online so I accepted the week delay and went along with my business. Every week the item got backordered, meanwhile computerbrain never contacted me-I was always the one calling them to find the status of my order. They never let me know it was being pushed back, yet week after week I'd call them and no item, no phone call/email, and another inept CS Rep

"I placed an order on September 26, 2007 with computerbrain.com for an external hard drive. My receipt showed it to be back ordered.

Today, October 29, 2007 I called the company & quickly got a customer service rep. They told me my order had been cancelled. They said the special on the external hard drive was a mistake. I would have liked to see them honor their mistake or at least contact me directly. I was still patiently waiting for an external hard drive that will never arrive.

"Ship speed is OK. Website design is flawed. It tricks customers to select high cost shipping methods and adds expedited shipping in default. "

modified review This review was modified by leemovie on October 09 2007 03:59:42 PM

"Merchant had a great price on exactly what I wanted. Got all the items promptly. Would certainly buy from them again."

modified review This review was modified by sivs422 on October 08 2007 08:52:33 AM

"My experience Computer Brain was good overall, with prompt services and good communications. It is overall good experience..."

modified review This review was modified by lcheng88 on October 06 2007 07:01:17 AM

"My order was placed on the 26th of September and today (10/6) I checked on the status to find that it has been cancelled. I did not cancel it. So the store must have and I received no notification to that effect. I don't think that is a very good way to do business."

modified review This review was modified by dmabry on October 06 2007 03:52:23 AM

""

modified review This review was modified by v1nc318 on October 01 2007 10:10:02 PM

"They cancelled my order without reason and without notice. After contacting them a week later they told me that they do not carry the item I ordered, but it was still on their website."

modified review This review was modified by samlopes on October 11 2007 02:30:44 PM

"Thought you found a great deal here? Don't count on it, it's probably a scam. Bonus: they have no customer service email address.
I thought I'd found a great deal, but my order was canceled with no notification to me. I found out by checking on my order status when it didn't arrive.
I suspect they are phishing for information to sell, baiting with too-good-to-be-true deals. Right after I signed up with this company, I started getting a lot of spam that I'd never received before.
With no contact email, the spam and the canceled order, I wouldn't recommend trusting or working with this company when there are so many alternatives out there.

"I placed my order and got an e-mail confirmation from them.
Next day I checked my order status on their website and it was “cancelled”.
So they can cancel your order by their own wish without even notifying you.
My resume: avoid them and use more reliable and reputable sellers.

""

"Terrible terrible terrible. I ordered a product advertised on their site, received confirmation and was charged only to have the order cancelled on me, no cancellation email, nothing."

Computer Brain is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Computer Brain is not a merchant member
Computer Brain does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!