Stores > Compact Appliance

• Business Hours: 7:00am - 5:00pm CST Mon-Fri
    • Fax: 512-467-2101

Customer service: Rating 0.83/10 0.83/10
2016-12-28

Very DISHONEST seller! Damaged LG washer/dryer and no return/no discount/no resolution

"I have purchased LG washer/dryer combination unit. Since I was having a remodel at my house, I didn't open it until it was ready to be installed (which is about month later). I opened the unit and found out it has severe dent on the top plate and on the side. I called the customer service and asked for help since we are waiting on our second child to be born in a few weeks. We were in great need of the appliance. The customer service just kept repeating, "sorry it's 30 days passed, so we can't do anything." I called several times to ask for a manager. They refused to connect me to speak to another person with authority. The product was damaged so severely that the dispenser box doesn't even close. I had to call LG the manufacturer for repair help, but they do not wish to cover it under warranty since it was the dealer who was at fault. I wish I could have read the reviews here and avoided purchasing anything from the Compact Appliance. "

This review was modified by keithryoo on December 28 2016 11:57:32 AM

2016-12-26

Bad experience, lesson learned

"I ordered a mini fridge from this company. I didn't realize how badly damaged it was till we opened it during Christmas. It was supposedly a Christmas gift. When we unwrapped it from the box, the fridge door fell right away. The buttom and upper were both broken and had chip. I was so embarassed knowing it was a gift. I contacted the customer service about the issue and got a reply that they are going to send me a new door and hinge. I was like, did they expect me to work on it? I paid for the price of brand new and why they are giving me a job to do it? I told them that I won't do it. For the hassle of returning and packing it which I myself couldn't even lift it because it is heavy. I asked them if at least they could give me a discount from that. From that email, I have not heard from them.

This review was modified by bingkat2016 on December 26 2016 05:31:21 PM

2016-12-13

The if I could give a minus star rating I would

"This company is a joke!! We cancelled our order within an hour and received an email stating the order had been cancelled. But three weeks later we received a text from their finance company Affirm ( who did nothing wrong) contacted us with a upcoming payment due. I immediately contacted Compact Appliance and spoke to a VERY rude customer service rep. whom told me I was wrong that the order had never been placed. I explained about the reminder I received, he said everything was taken care of, nothing is due. 3 weeks later we get another text from Affirm saying our account is now past due. I called Affirm she said that Compact Appliance received the $. I explained to her the order had been cancelled. The rep at Affirm suggested we call back during regular business hours ( this was on a Sunday) & do a 3-way call. We did that & the rep at Compact said they would put the credit thru to Affirm but that we may be liable for any interest charges?? Wth!!! They had our order for less than an hour & think we should have to pay any accrued interest?? How's this possible?? So we will see what happens! "

This review was modified by Painterswife on December 13 2016 02:27:07 PM

2016-04-12

I Wish I didn't have to give them any stars! RUN AWAY FAST!

"They shipped it to the wrong address in another city, you have to ship returns back to them, charged me a 15% restocking fee, and I am responsible for any damage in shipment back to them. I said I was disappointed in their customer service, and the reply was "well that is what is it whether you like it or not" !!!

Do Not Buy From This Company!

2016-04-11

This Place is a SCAM!!

"They fail to deliver and then charge you a restocking fee!"

2015-08-13

"NEVER buy from here! They lie about returns, say you can return if its damaged. Box was damaged and told me i had to return it myself plus pay $100 in shipping. Worst customer service. Asked to speak to a manager, they wouldn't return my call. trust me when i say SPEND THE MONEY SOMEWHERE ELSE if looking at any appliances."

This review was modified by stines00 on August 13 2015 07:53:47 AM

2015-06-05

"Purchased a very expensive combo Washer/Dryer which was supposed to be "Ventless". Turns out that it had a steam vent on the back of the machine that send hot moist air against the wall and water condensate puddle on the floor. When asking to return, I was told that I would have to pay shipping (I was willing to do this) but also a 15% restock fee. I have to also find a freight forwarder and arrange for delivery. No assistance from Compact Appliance. The customer service person called it a "Buyers Remorse" Return... My fault for not researching this company further."

This review was modified by hlproske on June 05 2015 10:14:03 AM

2015-02-02

"Like being sold an extended warranty only to be told it doesn't cover your appliance during the warranty period? This is your store.

Like paying for shipping and a 15% restocking fee for an ordering error? Buy here.

If you want to be treated better, buy from anyone else.

This review was modified by divedds on February 02 2015 02:11:27 PM

2015-01-20

"This place is a,RIP OFF I WOULDNT SUGGEST ANYONE ORDER FROM THEM....I ordered a washer/dryer combo and I was disappointed in it, so called to return they only give back 85% of what you paid. It was brought by freightliner so I have to pay them 300-500$ to return & only paid 700$ for it
really aggravated customer

2015-01-06

"I wish there was a way for people to see these reviews before buying from this terrible company. Unfortunately, most people, myself among them, only look these thugs up after having a bad experience with them.

I came to this site after a far less than enjoyable experience with compact appliance. Apparently, the ONLY delivery they offer is curbside, and this is for such large and heavy items like washer and dryer! We have steps leading to our front door, and I never had any problem with other sellers (IKEA and Costco among them) with having heavy items brought up to the porch (NOT to the second floor where we live). At first the rep lied to me saying there was an option for "white glove" delivery, and it would cost me an additional $150 (today I was told they don't even offer that option and only do curbside). I was told the other option was for me to return it and pay 20% restocking fee (sic!) for the item I not only never opened, but did not even see. Either way, it's highway robbery at its best. Their customer service is atrocious and rude. I spoke with Michael George among others and was told that I am not making sense and that he is wasting time talking to me. I will never purchase another item from the company again. The unit better work flawlessly, lest I will have to waste my time filing a claim in court for full reimbursement, since there seems to be no other way to deal with them. My suggestion -- stay away from Compact Appliance, go with reputable sellers who have great customer service and do their utmost best to understand your situation and find a solution without sucking extra cash out of you for simply doing the right thing.

This review was modified by anike on January 06 2015 07:08:50 AM

2014-09-10

"I ordered a freezer from Compact Appliance without having read any reviews about the company. Then I looked them up and found only negative reviews. Worried, I tried to cancel my order but could find no way to do so on the website. I sent them an email asking to have my order canceled and my money refunded but they never responded, beyond automated pre-written messages.

However, the freezer arrived in three days, well packaged, with no issues. So everything appears to have worked out, though I was unable to cancel.

2014-08-17

"The worst shipping..1 order for two Items and they sent one Fedex and one post office. This is in spite of me calling saying in needed both in 4 days. The said they would be received in 4 days...1 item did arrive one is projected to be there in 9 days..but who the hell really knows. When I called the customer service I was told I should not have accepted my email confirmation as gospel even though it said both would be received in 4 days. Why they did not pack the items together is total stupidity given both items are need to function together and you can't use one without the other!!!!!! Clearly they are idiots...

Michael Ontrakarn (LivingDirect)
Aug 15 15:17

Both items are arriving correctly per the websites estimated dates. If you add both items to the cart and you will see the estimated dates on the items are different.
> Product Details:
> APPK2010 - (1) EdgeStar Upgraded Portable AC Vent Kit for Sliding Glass Doors and Large Windows
> Estimated Shipping Time:
> Friday, 08/15/2014
> Shipping Method:
> Standard Ground

2014-07-28

"Terrible customer service. They make money on shipping costs. They are not honest about shipping and you have to read the fine line. They delivered our washer to the sidewalk and charged our credit card faster than we can cancel the order. Avoid."

2014-07-28

"I wish I had read more reviews before buying from this company. I bought two 14,000 BTU a/c systems, one arrived damaged, I called and asked for a new one and they tried to get me to take the broken one for a discount. Shady.
I get (return authorization but they won't ship the new one until the broken one arrives at their store and they have time to "process" it. Well, its been almost 2.5 weeks now since I ordered the A/C and the new one hasn't even shipped yet. When I contacted the Customer support with my complaint, I was dismissed. Unfortunately, as you go up the chain (i.e. supervior) it gets worse.

This review was modified by birdmiler on July 28 2014 05:27:46 AM

2014-06-25

"Horrible customer service. I purchased a hood vent from Compact appliance. The hood was late and when we opened the box which had the correct model # on the box it was the wrong model inside. Called them right away and they apologized and sent out a new one right away. The new one comes in and same thing had the right model number on the box and this time was a mini refrigerator inside the box. we returned both of these items three months ago and still HAVE NOT received our credit. When we called we were told that they are waiting on a credit from the manufacturer which is not acceptable as we paid them, they should refund us. After questioning customer service, we were told that they are doing us a favor by accepting the return. this is laughable as we never even received the item which we paid for. STAY AWAY FROM COMPACT APPLIANCE."

Share Compact Appliance's store rating

Compact Appliance is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Compact Appliance is not a merchant member
Compact Appliance does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!