• Compact Applian
    • Fax: 512-467-2101

Product & services pricing Rating 3.75/10 3.75/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10

2015-06-05

"Purchased a very expensive combo Washer/Dryer which was supposed to be "Ventless". Turns out that it had a steam vent on the back of the machine that send hot moist air against the wall and water condensate puddle on the floor. When asking to return, I was told that I would have to pay shipping (I was willing to do this) but also a 15% restock fee. I have to also find a freight forwarder and arrange for delivery. No assistance from Compact Appliance. The customer service person called it a "Buyers Remorse" Return... My fault for not researching this company further."

This review was modified by hlproske on June 05 2015 10:14:03 AM

2015-02-02

"Like being sold an extended warranty only to be told it doesn't cover your appliance during the warranty period? This is your store.

Like paying for shipping and a 15% restocking fee for an ordering error? Buy here.

If you want to be treated better, buy from anyone else.

This review was modified by divedds on February 02 2015 02:11:27 PM

2015-01-20

"This place is a,RIP OFF I WOULDNT SUGGEST ANYONE ORDER FROM THEM....I ordered a washer/dryer combo and I was disappointed in it, so called to return they only give back 85% of what you paid. It was brought by freightliner so I have to pay them 300-500$ to return & only paid 700$ for it
really aggravated customer"

2015-01-06

"I wish there was a way for people to see these reviews before buying from this terrible company. Unfortunately, most people, myself among them, only look these thugs up after having a bad experience with them.

I came to this site after a far less than enjoyable experience with compact appliance. Apparently, the ONLY delivery they offer is curbside, and this is for such large and heavy items like washer and dryer! We have steps leading to our front door, and I never had any problem with other sellers (IKEA and Costco among them) with having heavy items brought up to the porch (NOT to the second floor where we live). At first the rep lied to me saying there was an option for "white glove" delivery, and it would cost me an additional $150 (today I was told they don't even offer that option and only do curbside). I was told the other option was for me to return it and pay 20% restocking fee (sic!) for the item I not only never opened, but did not even see. Either way, it's highway robbery at its best. Their customer service is atrocious and rude. I spoke with Michael George among others and was told that I am not making sense and that he is wasting time talking to me. I will never purchase another item from the company again. The unit better work flawlessly, lest I will have to waste my time filing a claim in court for full reimbursement, since there seems to be no other way to deal with them. My suggestion -- stay away from Compact Appliance, go with reputable sellers who have great customer service and do their utmost best to understand your situation and find a solution without sucking extra cash out of you for simply doing the right thing."

This review was modified by anike on January 06 2015 07:08:50 AM

Compact Appliance User

2014-09-10

"I ordered a freezer from Compact Appliance without having read any reviews about the company. Then I looked them up and found only negative reviews. Worried, I tried to cancel my order but could find no way to do so on the website. I sent them an email asking to have my order canceled and my money refunded but they never responded, beyond automated pre-written messages.

However, the freezer arrived in three days, well packaged, with no issues. So everything appears to have worked out, though I was unable to cancel."

2014-08-17

"The worst shipping..1 order for two Items and they sent one Fedex and one post office. This is in spite of me calling saying in needed both in 4 days. The said they would be received in 4 days...1 item did arrive one is projected to be there in 9 days..but who the hell really knows. When I called the customer service I was told I should not have accepted my email confirmation as gospel even though it said both would be received in 4 days. Why they did not pack the items together is total stupidity given both items are need to function together and you can't use one without the other!!!!!! Clearly they are idiots...

Michael Ontrakarn (LivingDirect)
Aug 15 15:17

Both items are arriving correctly per the websites estimated dates. If you add both items to the cart and you will see the estimated dates on the items are different.
> Product Details:
> APPK2010 - (1) EdgeStar Upgraded Portable AC Vent Kit for Sliding Glass Doors and Large Windows
> Estimated Shipping Time:
> Friday, 08/15/2014
> Shipping Method:
> Standard Ground"

2014-07-28

"Terrible customer service. They make money on shipping costs. They are not honest about shipping and you have to read the fine line. They delivered our washer to the sidewalk and charged our credit card faster than we can cancel the order. Avoid."

2014-07-28

"I wish I had read more reviews before buying from this company. I bought two 14,000 BTU a/c systems, one arrived damaged, I called and asked for a new one and they tried to get me to take the broken one for a discount. Shady.
I get (return authorization but they won't ship the new one until the broken one arrives at their store and they have time to "process" it. Well, its been almost 2.5 weeks now since I ordered the A/C and the new one hasn't even shipped yet. When I contacted the Customer support with my complaint, I was dismissed. Unfortunately, as you go up the chain (i.e. supervior) it gets worse. "

This review was modified by birdmiler on July 28 2014 05:27:46 AM

2014-06-25

"Horrible customer service. I purchased a hood vent from Compact appliance. The hood was late and when we opened the box which had the correct model # on the box it was the wrong model inside. Called them right away and they apologized and sent out a new one right away. The new one comes in and same thing had the right model number on the box and this time was a mini refrigerator inside the box. we returned both of these items three months ago and still HAVE NOT received our credit. When we called we were told that they are waiting on a credit from the manufacturer which is not acceptable as we paid them, they should refund us. After questioning customer service, we were told that they are doing us a favor by accepting the return. this is laughable as we never even received the item which we paid for. STAY AWAY FROM COMPACT APPLIANCE."

2014-05-28

"Same as everyone else good price. Worse than terrible customer service. My order was terribly damaged . Talked to (the boss) he called me a liar and said how do I know u didn't damage it, I wasn't even asking for a refund I just wanted him to know it was damaged quite a bit. He didn't give me a chance to tell him it still worked ok and I wasn't looking for the hassle of a refund. I would never do business with them again!

2013-08-12

"So, this place has great prices on many products. I'm doing a major remodel of my kitchen. I ordered a wine/beer refrigerator, but it was my fault I didn't pay attention--the one I ordered was not meant to be built in. I went to return it, which they were happy to oblige so long as I paid for the return shipping (another note on returns will follow this paragraph). I said okay, took it to FedEx and discovered it would cost me $165 to mail it back. I only paid $300 for the refrigerator, so I decided just to keep it and put it in my office.

A NOTE ABOUT RETURNS: I got free shipping from them--which was very nice; however, with the return, they initially said that I had to reimburse them for the original shipping price, too. I couldn't believe my ears--I didn't find and can't find any notice of this policy on their site. Fortunately, it didn't come to that because they waived that requirement as I bought another fridge that should be built in.

So, 2nd fridge--very nice one--usually about $1200, I got for $799 with free shipping. It arrived quickly. I put it in the garage and waited till we needed it during the remodel. The company has a 60 day no hassle return policy, so when I opened the box I discovered that the entire back of the fridge and support for the motor has been bent--clearly from the shipper dropping it on the back edge.

I called the company to ask to return it because of damage, but they told me I couldn't--the return policy for damage was 48 hours after delivery! They said on the phone that their site made this very clear. When I went looking for it, the site does say it, but there is NO WAY a customer would know to look for that policy about damage, especially since splashed everywhere is their "satisfaction guaranteed."

So, I'm stuck with this dented fridge. Fortunately, it works and the damaged part will be with the built in section of the new kitchen, so it won't look horrible.

Great products, great prices, great FREE delivery, but numerous caveats. Buyer beware. "

This review was modified by boarshead on August 12 2013 05:03:29 PM

2013-07-16

"I recently bought an air conditioning unit from Compact Appliances/Living Direct. After receiving the unit, I realized it does not work for my apartment and need to return it. On the website it states that Living Direct is a company that values “Commitment to do the right thing.”
After calling customer service to explain the situation I was told I have to pay $130 (15% of the purchase price plus the amount to ship the unit back) to return the unit and that was my only option. I was completely offended by the response from the customer service rep. They were rude and asserted the company would go bankrupt if I was allowed to break the “rules” and return the item. He told me I could buy another item from the website and he could give me a discount on my next purchase. Why would he be able to give me a discount on a new item but not fully refund my purchase?? I was not treated with respect nor did it appear my business was appreciated. I would expect a lot more from a company that is committed to doing the right thing.
When I asked to speak to his supervisor, he told me “I am all you’re going to talk to here, there’s no other person that will speak to you.” He then said he was tired of discussing solutions and hung up on me! I have never been so outraged as a customer. After contacting Brian Ford, he stated his customer service rep went “above and beyond” and said there was nothing additional he could do for me.
I am completely shocked and upset with my customer service experience and how I was mistreated. I completely regret my decision to purchase an appliance from this company and would strongly encourage everyone to take their business elsewhere."

This review was modified by Annie.Fonio on July 16 2013 07:48:46 AM

2013-06-19

"Poor customer service, Item was instock gareenteed same day shipping....6 days later it still has not shipped. "

This review was modified by kaptindan on June 19 2013 06:45:30 AM

2011-09-15

"I recently TRIED to purchase a outdoor fireplace from compact appliance. After waiting the entire 5 to 7 day shipping period, I noticed that my order status had been cancelled. There was no communication from the company as to why it was canceled.

I got on a live chat with a customer service rep who said that it was canceled do to a pricing error on their end. When i pushed him on the fact that my pay pal account was charged and that is a defacto acceptance of the offer, he cut and pasted a disclaimer which apparently is in their bylaws, which I still can not find on their website, that states they are not responsible for typographical errors in their advertising.

Needless to say, they will not ship the fireplace and my paypal account has still not been refunded.

I would not recommend doing any sort of business with compact appliance."

2011-07-26

"After nine days of my order "processing" I cancelled my order and filed a dispute with Paypal. Item was advertised to ship in 3-4 days. The company tries to “trick you” into calling them so their sales reps can sell alternate items. Communication and cooperation is well below the industry online standards!"

Share Compact Appliance's store rating

Compact Appliance is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Compact Appliance is not a merchant member
Compact Appliance does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!