Australia

"In December 2012 I placed one order for two Wishes of the Heart bracelets as Christmas gifts for my niece and sister. The Bradford Exchange did not process the order as one, but in order to charge an additional $19.99 in shipping and service, processed the order as two. On the 11 December 2012 my Visa card with the Commonwealth bank was charged $159.95 for one bracelet, followed on the 17th December by the second $159.95 charge. I was annoyed at the double dipping but let the matter pass and awaited the arrival of the bracelets.
One turned up for Christmas but the other did not, so no gift for my sister.
After Christmas, of course, I tried to contact the company to see what had happened. I sent two emails and to this day, I have received no reply. Finally, I found a phone number in the FAQ section of the website. I tried ringing it, but of course, the office was closed until the second week of January thereby making it very difficult for any post-Christmas issues to be resolved. It seems the office was closed only for complaints, however, and not advertising material, which reached me in the post in the first week of January.
When I finally did get in contact, I was told that when processing the two orders, the second one had been declined by my bank. I checked with the bank and yes, that was correct. Because Bradford Exchange had placed the second order within five minutes of the first, the bank has a policy of declining such orders just in case a mistake has been made and the same order has been submitted twice. This policy seems very sensible to me and safeguards the consumer. Bradford exchange, however, seems unaware of this policy even though this is the Commonwealth Bank we are talking about. None of this was ever communicated to me by the company in December.
Once I had learnt all this in mid-January I wanted to have nothing more to do with Bradford Exchange so decided not to proceed with the second bracelet which had still not arrived by mid-January. I cancelled the order and was refunded the second credit card charge on 15th January 2013.. At this point I thought that the whole business was behind me.
Unfortunately, the first bracelet proved faulty. The clasp holding the charms broke twice while my niece was wearing it. Fortunately, she was able to retrieve all the pieces.
At the beginning of June, I rang the company explaining the problem. I was told to send it back with an accompanying letter, which I did. I was then out of the country until the end of July. When I returned and had heard nothing, I rang the company again, to be told that they had received nothing from me. I was instructed by the company to fill out a form which would initiate a police/post office check for the lost postal item. This I did and returned the form to the company about a week ago.
About a week later, a replacement bracelet arrived with an accompanying bill for $159.95. You can imagine my reaction! When I rang I was told that I had received a refund for the faulty item in January(I had not yet reported/returned the faulty item at that time). The January refund had been for second bracelet I had not received.
The matter was then referred to a supervisor and I sent a copy of the above to her. I have not heard a thing from the company since then.
The incompetency/stonewalling of this company is amazing.

modified review This review was modified by olmck on August 29 2013 08:32:44 PM

"My order for checks was fine but they now send me emails continually although I have unsubscribed 7 or 8 times. Isn't that illegal?"

"I ordered Tinker Bell pendant with letter of the name.

I received my order and have to tell you, I am very disappointed. They sent pendant in the gift box which was originally for earrings!? It has holes for earrings and so obvious that it was already used.
The second of all but the most important the pendant itself looked ugly, not a design but the work is done sloppy, particularly, wings of Tinker Bell were done very unprofessionally. Looks really cheep.
I contacted them and didn't get a reply so far.
Definitely will return this item and never buy anything from this terrible place.

"I purchased a Christmas Village collection for my wife as a Christmas gift, the pieces arrived mostly on time and she was happy until the final order 3 weeks ago arrived. For a two week period, a tracking number they provided was invalid which just makes you feel very confident in their abilities. When I called and spoke with someone about the invalid number, I was told yes its invalid but I cannot do anything at all. really? Really???? Eventually, about two weeks late, the parcel arrived.

The collection was Muppet's themed (her favorite) and featured figures of all of her favorite characters. After the final delivery, we noticed that we did not receive two of the figures that were originally advertised.

I sent an inquiry email, and got no response. I placed a call, and was told that the picture was 5 years old, and the two figurines in the question were no longer being produced, and had not been produced in some time. My response was "Maybe you should take 5 minutes and snap a new photo, or let your customers know!" I was considering canceling the entire order and returning it and was told that someone from the marketing department would call me back within 48 hours.

That was a little over 10 days ago, the 'marketing' department never did call. I placed my third call this morning, and I was told the figures were no longer available, sorry....that was it! So I am in the process of canceling the entire order and returning it to them. This was TERRIBLE customer service! I cannot stress enough how good they are at taking money, and how bad they are at servicing the customer after the fact.

I noticed as I was uploading a photo, that since my complaint, they have actually taken new photo's! Just amazing!

Buyer Beware! Buyer Beware! Buyer Beware!

"must admit, i have ordered several items which were the collectible dolls for my mum, one never arrived but after filling out an insurance form it got cleared from my account, 2 dolls were fine then the 3rd didnt look the same as online but mum loved it anyway so went ahead and ordered the mother daughter bracelets for mothers day which she was very impressed with until not even 2 weeks after giving it to my mum she showed me the bracelet with a disappointed face and i couldnt believe what i was seeing, this £150 jewellery looked like an item from a pound shop, badly tarnished and so cheap looking so it will definetly be sent back for a refund, really disappointed in a company which i once thought was great!!"

"Ordered 2 boxes of checks for 12.89 was doubled billed for it. Made 4 calls after 15 minute hold times and was asked to fax copy of bank statement, i did.No satisfaction. On 2/21/2012 i get a 127.98 charge from Bradford collectibles. I didn't order this or receive this . Made a call and told them this is not mine and to credit my credit card. No action. I have contacted Visa and reported a Fraud case. Don't use this fradulant company"

"I think they are plain frauds and liars. I simply cannot believe any good review. I ordered a collectible watch in September 2011 as a Christmas present. I still haven't received it (31 Dec'11). They 'claimed' to have sent a £100 watch through ordinary post ( not signed for) on 3rd October 2011 without notifying me they were sending it. Then wanted me to fill in an insurance claim form which I never received twice! Then said they were sending another watch by Interlink. Well it never arrived either and no card was left saying a delivery attempt had been made, besides it was sent to a work address which is manned 8 am-6pm so it was very hard for it not to be delivered. At one point they claimed the first watch had been sent to my work address but I only gave them my work address in December and they always claimed the watch had been sent on 3rd October! so how could they have sent it to my work address when they did not have that address at that time?
Basically my guess is they are complete frauds and someone should take them out of the business game. How many insurance claims are they making on goods they have probably never sent? and my guess is that most people give up getting their goods or their money returned it is just too frustrating!

"This is the worst company on the planet. DO NOT, I REPEAT.. DO NOT EVER EVER BUY ANYTHING FROM THEM.

I ordered a simple ornament from them.

I was charged for the ornament and recieved an e-mail that it shipped within a reasonable amount of time of the order.

So.. since then.. My item is still missing 14 days later. They gave me a FedEx smart post tracking number. The tracking number doesn't exist. FedEx has no record of it. Their website has no phone number to call for customer service, they instead insist you e-mail them.

Of course, I'm on my third e-mail with no response. So i've been charged for an item I don't have and only posess an e-mail that my item was shipped with a fake tracking number that doesn't exist and no way in which to contact this piece of crap joke of a company who it appears right now, just basically stole my money, because they won't return any of my e-mails about the status of my order.

This is the worst experience of dealing with any online company I have ever dealt with.

This company must be run by brainless drooling monkeys.

"Ordered a collectable doll from this company and have been very dissapointed. The telephone number of 0871 222 5511 or
0871 222 5511 are obviously for sales only. You are unable to speak to anyone reguarding your purchase after your payment has been taken and emails are never answered.BEWARE! BEWARE! This company cause frustration, costly phone bills and one that you would never use again. After spending £100 I have no indication as to when I might recieve my goods, and have had to purchase another doll as I will be very surprised if I ever see this purchase.

"The Bradford Exchange is a terrible company to deal with. I ordered an item on-line on 1st september 2011. Three weeks later I received an e-mail to say it was out of stock. On 24th October my account was debited for the goods. No item was received. I rang on 30th October and had to wait 20 minutes to speak to an advisor, who informed me the item would be delivered on 1st November. 4th November I still had not received the item, and rang again, 20 minutes later an advisor informed that the item had gone Royal Mail and they have no tracking process. They said they would send me a form to claim for the missing item, but that they were now out of stock again. It is now 8th November, they have had my money for almost 3 weeks, and I have not received my item, or a form to make any claim.

Please save yourself a lot of time and distress and do not order from this company

"This is EASILY the WORST COMPANY I've ever done business with in 30 years. Where should I begin?

1. First they don't clearly list a phone number, instead they want you to e-mail them, then it takes them weeks to respond.

2. Once you finally Google a phone number for them and call them, they put you on hold for an hour (I called three times, and my wait time averaged 63 minutes).

3. They sell items that they don't have in stock and won't ship for "4 to 6 weeks".

4. When your item finally comes in they ship it NORMAL THIRD CLASS MAIL, no tracking, no way to check the status. Then when you call them for the status they have no idea, since they didn't track it.

5. You have to use normal third class mail, no option for Fedex, UPS, or DHL. I've dealt with companies so small they have TWO EMPLOYEES and even they use Fedex and UPS. Is this 1980 or 2011?

6. It took 3 months for them to attempt delivery of my package, then once they did it was returned to them marked "undeliverable". Excuse me? I've sent other, larger packages to the same address with no problem.

7. I called them to check the status of my order and they told me about the undeliverable issue. Then they said that I was refunded on a certain date automatically. The problem with this is A) I had no option for them to resend the order (not that I wanted them to, after 3+ months waiting, and B) they LIED about refunding my money! I checked my account and they was no refund. So I called them back (and waited ANOTHER HOUR to talk to someone) and they FINALLY refunded my money.

So now it's 4 months later, I didn't get my order, the sales people on the phone were rude and never apologized and I have nothing to show for my order but a lot of wasted time and frustration. DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND AVOID THIS COMPANY ALL ALL COSTS. IT'S NOT WORTH THE AGGRAVATION.

"Bradfor Exchange, has HORRIBLE SHIPPINNG, and even worse CUSTOMER SERVICE- Let me fully explain- My first order with them was my wedding ring, which I got lucky with, it came on time and there was no problems.

The trouble started when my mom purchased a Lasen pendant which she never received and they did not bother notifying her about any changes either.

Then recently I ordered the Jar of Wishes for my mom which has GARUNTEED delivery by mothers day. It did not come by mothers day and on the tracking information it said 'delivered' when I called to complain about it the Monday after mothers day the woman, who clearly had a very thick english accent was quite rude to me saying how it wasn't her companies responsibility to look after the package and that it was mine. That I should have read further into the information. Apparently I learned they do not send their more expensive purchases through UPS and do not require a signature upon delivery.

I was sure someone else got my package. She was very rude and completely unhelpful. I called back a little bit later and spoke to someone else, a man, which explained the 'policies' on how, if an item is missing you have to wait 30 days to have it replaced. This is rediculous in itself. First they screw up, blame it all on the customer, take no blame at all for themselves and then want you to wait 30 days for an item that was GARUNTEED delivery by mothers day. It doesn't seem right at all. Finally I got the guy to send me out another item. After pulling teeth.

So after this awful experience not getting my delivery, having them blame it all on me, and being very rude and unhelpful I will NEVER order from them again and would recomend the same to everyone else. DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY UNLESS YOU WANT THEM TO LOOSE YOUR ORDER, AND SPEAK TO A HORRIBLE, UNHELPFUL CUSTOMER SERVICE DEPARTMENT- Not to mention today I called back to ask some questions and spoke to yet another lady with a thick accent of some sort. I could barely understand a thing she said and I kept asking her to reapeat herself. Instead of speaking more clearly she started to practically yell her statements like that made it any easier for me to understand her.

So all in all, customer service hires alot of foreigners from out of state who do not speak clear english, they do not insure their packages, they do not require signature upon deliever, they do not ship via UPS, even for really expensive items, and expect you to pay more if you want it (no company ive ever ordered from wanted me to pay extra just to make sure my item was delivered properly

"My husband ordered me the Disney classic Charm Bracelet from The Bradford Exchange. I was so excited when it arrived, I was ready to put it on. The thing arrived on time but looks like crap!
The characters look deform!!!!
The eyes are out of place, they almost look like their faces are falling/melting off. Not to mention that the colors on the characters don't match. Oh I wish I could paste a picture to show them how this crap looks like. I have not worn it or taken it out of the box. So dissapointed with this company!!!
NOTHING LIKE THE PICTURE

"i ordered the wonderful world of disney tree for a present begining of december, got promised it would arrive by the 23rd. on the 23rd i rang up asking where it was,got told it was out of stock and it would arrive in january. not only did they NOT phone me to let me no it wasnt in stock, i had to rush out and by something else because of their stupidity. then a statement arrives for my sister who used these ages ago, with my order form and details on but in her name. i am far from impressed with these people and will strongly recommend that NOone uses them. they are a disgrace and should be ashamed. no sorry from them for the stress they have caused, but yet they took my money straight away.
very very bad company.

"very disappointed. ordered the 'today tomorrow always' diamond ring in november and it still has not arrived, despite the guarantee that it would arrive in time for christmas. i tried to contact the company but was left on hold for a long time, i also emailed them to chase my order but never recieved a reply. i have been on hold to the company for nearly 2 hours today and when i reached first place in the que they cut me off. i only got through to someone when i opted for the order line (happy to answer when they're taking your money!) the advisor said that the ring is out of stock but they will take my card details again and i will recieve it in february! i never recieved an email or a call to let me know what the problem was with my order and this was a christmas present. cancelled my order. disgusting customer service. will not be using them again and would advise others to avoid this company"

Collectibles Today / The Bradford Exchange is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Collectibles Today / The Bradford Exchange is not a merchant member
Collectibles Today / The Bradford Exchange does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!