• Colamco

• Phone: 407-331-3737
    • Customer Support: 1-800-692-8757
    • Business Hours: 8am - 5pm Eastern time M-F
    • Fax: 407-331-8953

"Had trouble but was resolved easy over phone "

"i found an iPad mini case cheapest here. checkout was easy and i like that you can pay with amazon. paid for 2 day shipping it has been 5 days the item has still not shipped. would rather go to a better known site and pay more for the item so i know I'm going to get it when i need it especially if i pay extra for it. "

"I was a little skeptical because of Colamco's remarkably low price for a Sony speaker system and because of the mixed ratings. I received a order confirmation immediately and a shipping confirmation within 24 hours. I had my speaker system, factory-sealed, within 48 hours. Overall, completely satisfied."

"I will not use this web site again.There customer service is nonexistent... no return policy... no price guaranty. Try calling Sony the Number they have on there web sit, it just rings. Sony does not have them on there list of authorized resellers.
Its to bad that a company like yours can still be in business.

I was contacted by Calamaco customer service and they resolved the transaction.
They understood the problem and took care of it.

"I needed to replace a malfunctioning mid-to-high-end AV receiver and a search of the Internet revealed that Colamco had the lowest price.

Indeed, the price was SO low, really out of statistical bounds and significantly lower even than any used or refurbished unit of the same brand and model (a Sony STRDN1040) advertised anwhere, that I was deeply mistrustful, a skepticism that was fanned a bit by their less-than-elegant website.

I called them and spoke with a very pleasant and accommodating woman and her professionalism set my mind at ease, so I took the plunge and ordered it online. Because of the points awarded, I used one of my wife's credit cards.

A few minutes later we received a call from Colamco verifying that the charge on the card was valid, probably triggered by the discrepancy in the name on the card and the name on the ship-to (although the addresses are the same). I appreciated this little extra bit of protection.

But after a few hours without any email confirmation of my purchase, I called again. Again, the customer service representative was pleasant, professional and helpful, and informed me that the item was already shipped and provided me with the FedEx tracking number. Going into FedEx tracking I discovered that the item had been shipped within mere minutes of the call verifying the charge.

The item arrived, shipped free, in two working days exactly as advertised, new in a sealed box with the full warranty and everything. It is now all hooked up and working beautifully.

If they have a shortcoming it is in their email notifications, which come late and are a bit skimpier than usual. But that is a really minor niggle, because Colamco saved me a BOATLOAD of cash and delivered precisely, or perhaps even a tad better than, promised. I shall shop with them whenever I have needs of a similar nature.

"Colamco is awesome. Their customer service group is very friendly and easy to work with. I placed my order on their web site and they automatically emailed me to let me know the tracking number and everything. Product arrived quickly and their prices are consistently lower than other places. I'll definitely shop with them the next time I need anything."

"It was a pleasure doing business with Colamco. Since I did not know of the company I relied on the customer rating and was very pleased. The product I purchased had a very competitive price and free shipping. Shipping was very fast and product arrived damage free."

"I ordered software from Colamco, received a confirmation email from Colamco, and from Paypal, authorizing the payment to Colamco. I waited, and waited, and waited. I finally logged onto Colamco website to see where my order was, only to find that it had been cancelled - no explanation, just the word "cancelled". I sent an email asking why the order was cancelled, and also, why I was never notified that the order was cancelled. I received a reply from Kathleen Macgregor with Colamco. She couldn't even get my name right; only 5 little letters, but she mangled the name (I even checked the message I sent customer service - my name was very clear). Then she said the software was backordered, with no ETA from the manufacturer. That is easy to understand, why wasn't I told about it? Then she said, "We are unable to funds on Pay Pal accounts, so the order has been canceled. Please contact Pay Pal if you have any credit concerns." I don't even know what that means, "we are unable to funds on Pay Pal". And I don't have any credit concerns, so why would I bother PayPal! She never bothered to address my question as to why I wasn't contacted when the order was cancelled. I won't be bothered by this any more, because I won't be buying from Colamco again - you can count on that!

"Terrible, I ordered a printer and it has taken way longer than it should have been. Says my status is suspended?... Also I got an email days later saying my shipping address doesn't match my bank? Of course it doesn't.. I put in everything correctly. Also I try to contact them and all of their emails do not work... I am very unhappy with them. They seem very fake to me."

"I was impressed by Colamco. I had read some conflicting reviews but decided to take a chance and I am very glad that I did. My transaction was easy, everything delivered in good condition and actually faster than promised. I was placing a rather large order of projectors for a school and actually got a phone call from a very nice lady named Dawn to confirm the order. She was very pleasant and I found it refreshing that she would care enough to make sure it was me ordering before sending any charges through. Overall, my experience was top-notch and I am glad I did business with Colamco and will certainly continue with them in the future. Thanks Colamco!"

"I placed an order online for a laptop and chose PayPal to pay. The system gave PayPal my entered shipping address which caused it to be rejected. There was no opportunity on the site to specify a billing address when you use PayPal or GoogleCheckout. I got a brief email that wasn’t signed telling me to contact PayPal. I responded in half an hour that it seemed they had used my shipping address and could they re-place with the other address I had already entered into my account. They replied that they couldn’t. Three hours later I called and it rang perhaps 10 times and a woman answered who sounded not exactly happy with her job. She said that they couldn’t re-place my order with a credit card over the phone because they don’t take orders over the phone. She then said that my product was “end of life and being phased out by the manufacturer” and that they had just sold the last one. This was three hours after their email to me regarding the address mixup which is a design flaw on their site. I realize that they can’t hold product for every order that has an error, but three hours, when I had responded to their initial email in half an hour and requested to re-order with the proper address?

I was curious about the “phased out” part because the laptop had just come out and asked a Dell rep. They said that it wasn’t being phased out. I then realized that Dell wasn’t showing that model with that hard drive space. The Colamco rep never said that. She just said “This product is end of life and is being phased out” rather than “We have the same model with a smaller hard drive.”

These guys are cheap for a reason.

This review was modified by CandaceMcN on January 31 2011 10:20:48 AM

"Fast free shipping along with tracking info made buying from Colamco a real pleasure. They had the lowest price on the exact speakers I wanted. Shipping costs were disclosed before placing the order even though is was $0 in this case. I will shop with them more. "

"Excellent service. Order confirmed prior to shipping, item carefully packaged, and item shipped quickly. This was a new item that was difficult to obtain. Would do business with Colamco again anytime."

"Ordered an Intel SSD Drive from Colamco. Their website showed the item as in stock. A day later received an email explaining the item was not in stock and asking if I would like to be notified when it became available."

"I am impressed. The order process was seamless. Although, my cc had a hold and the hold was removed temporarily, they claimed it was denied. I told them to check with the toll free number at the back of the cc. I never heard anything anymore but on Tuesday the printer arrived. I am continuously impressed with companies like Colamco, Provantage, Buy.com. NewEgg.com, TigerDirect. Great prices, free shipping. Good job guys keep it up. I will be checking Colamco as a trusted site. BTW, the printer was new and works great."

Share Colamco's store rating

Colamco is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Colamco is not a merchant member
Colamco does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!