Stores > Coastal.com

Chance of future purchase: Rating 6.88/10 6.88/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 5.63/10 5.63/10
    Customer service: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10

2016-06-08

Never ordering anywhere else again!!

"This site rocks! I was so stressed out bc I broke my previous pair and of course I was tight on money. Found this site and took a chance. I'm SO happy I did. It was so easy and almost fun with the "try it on" feature. I was bummed when I saw my order would arrive on 6/20th and it was only 6/3...well, they arrived 6/07. SCORE!! No more blindness for me! woot! woot!

Thank you Coastal.com! (= I will tell everyone. Also, the glasses are very nice. I've had many people compliment me on them.

This review was modified by cicatrixdheart on June 08 2016 03:31:23 PM

2016-06-07

"I had some complications with my order, so I made a call to customer service. I was helped out instantly, and I was given exceptional customer service. She told me about all the deals, gave me a coupon code, and apologized for any inconvenience I was having. She told me about how to take my measurements and pointed me into the right direction on how to find the perfect glasses fit for me- all without asking too, might I add. I placed my order June 2, 2016 and received my order -Saturday- June 4, 2016. Overall a GREAT first experience with them. My glasses are better than I imagined they would be. They are of equal quality to a dolce and gabana pair I bought last year at the optometrist for nearly $400. At Coastal, I bought a Derek Cardigan pair for less than $50. I am extremely satisfied with the quality and price of this item. "

This review was modified by Jphav on June 07 2016 05:31:42 PM

2016-04-26

Good prices, poor customer service

"I have ordered from coastal.com four times. The first time I got Vera Wang frames for only the price of shipping as an introductory offer. They arrived in less than a week, and I was very pleased. The second time I ordered contacts. The price wasn't very competitive, and they took a couple of weeks to arrive. The third time I ordered two sets of frames. The prices were more than reasonable, and one pair arrived in a little over two weeks, the second in three weeks.

This last time, I ordered two sets of frames, which were supposed to ship within two days. When I checked the status however, the date of shipping had been changed to a week later, with no explanation. Later, I checked again, and again the shipping date was postponed with no explanation. I called and spoke to customer service, and they couldn't give me any answers. I asked them to log my complaint. A week later, the shipping date was extended yet again. I spoke to another customer service representative, who also didn't have any answers, and had no record of my having called before. As of today, the website says my frames were shipped two days ago, and they should arrive in five days--more than a month after I ordered them.

Once I was a fan. Even though the prices remain tempting, however, the customer services has quite obviously decreased in value over the years, which is very disappointing.

This review was modified by mariawork on April 26 2016 09:47:21 PM

2016-02-25

Prices are good,

"I bought a pair of Esprit 17385 527 Olive Green and I love how they look on me! The price for the frame was great. I did not give them 5 star because of theses reasons: their website a bit cranky, my lens is the Advance Thin Air Lens witch feel really light but I'm not sure the Anti-reflective coating they put on is that great? I still see lots of reflection from outside light bouncing off the lenses. The choices of frames in their inventory for me was very limited do to my small size, styles and material in woman glasses. And I looked into kids size as well, not any better. The glass case is a bit bigger then I like and I did not get any liquid lens cleaning for my lenses. Their final reciept printout for the cost is not detail enough. Lastly, they don't take in old pairs of glasses I've have for new lenses. It's to bad, because I have a few I would love to send in to them. So the three star is for great prices for frames if you can fine your size. The frame with lenses fits nicely on me. Craftsmanship not bad. Free shipping and return. Delivery turn around for mine was 8 working days. Free eye glass case and a mini lens screwdriver and cleaning cloth. Would I buy another pair? Price is right and non-reflective lens not all that important to you, then why not.

This review was modified by Lwn16 on February 25 2016 09:46:08 PM

2016-01-23

GREAT customer service

"I've ordered several times, and always been pleased. I did have a pair of frames that broke after 6 months, and was going to write them off, but Coastal replaced with a better frame for zero. Very pleased with their service, and will order here again. This review was not asked for by Coastal.....it is my representation of there excellent service."

This review was modified by jpr189 on January 24 2016 08:36:40 AM

2015-12-18

"Poor service, poor contact, poor over all misrepresent product.

This is what really hurts online Businesses

This review was modified by bushing1 on December 18 2015 11:39:31 AM

2015-12-08

"I just ordered my 4th pair of glasses from Coastal. I have VERY sensitive eyes that must have the measurements EXACT, not just within legal tolerance. My first Modo pair were free, except for $14.95 shipping. The frames are still fine 4.5 years later...but the Rx changed and so did styles. Pair #2 are by colors in optics, a shiny black oval that looks ten times the price. The third pair, my bad, I love them, are Kam Dhillon, but not on me! ALL three sets of lenses were spot on on the Rx, the PD...distance between pupils, known as PD, and the axis was correct, too. Waiting on fourth pair which was screwed up in shipping. The customer service guy, Mak, could not have been nicer and tracked them down and even e-mailed me his personal e-mail and phone number, just in case. I also got an E-mail from a supervisor with contact info. Returns for ANY reason are FREE, just go to the website and print out your label. If your Rx changes in 365 days, they will redo it FREE. I wish they had even higher end frames, but I have been very impressed with the quality, which is way better than the price would indicates. I would add that I get the basic free lenses to make sure my doctor got it right...then I have my personal optician put in the high end lenses...made affordable by the low frame prices! This is not a subsidized or fake review. Pinky swear. If you have a oroblem, maintain your humor and manners, Coastal WILL make you happy. and their virtual try-on feature is a huge help!"

2015-11-26

"Fake updates. I ordered on 23 Nov and everytime I checked the status, the arrival time is extended for one day. Today is Nov 26 but on the status, it said it shipped on 27. LOL. Im hoping it could arrive in two weeks as all the updates on this website is probably fake (and everything else maybe). STAY AWAY."

2015-11-19

"I ordered new glasses in plenty of time to take on extended trip. I was told they would arrive today, the 19th. I received an email after order saying they had been shipped on the 12th. Well, they did not arrive, so I checked tracking number. They were shipped on the 18th not the 12th, 6 days after order and they will arrive after I leave for trip this weekend.
Their customer service (which sounded outside US) would only apologize and not offer any explanation as to ship date discrepancy. Had they been honest as to estimated delivery and when they said they shipped I could have cancelled and gone someplace else.
Do not believe their claim of 3-5 business days for delivery after order. My order was placed on the 10th.

This review was modified by customer5062 on November 19 2015 03:09:15 PM

2015-10-27

"I bought progressive lenses from them last year, 11/6/2014, and they made the segment height so high that I had to drive with my head down to see the road in front of me. When I initially called them about this, the representative's response was that they don't customize. I had to explain that these were the same frames that I purchased last year, 2013, and I didn't have that problem. They made this right, but only because my frames were exactly the same from previous year and the segment height was lower. I'd be careful if I purchased glasses with progressive lenses from them."

2015-09-09

"Received my glasses in a timely manner and the glasses are great. I docked them because I received a bill today from Fedex for $29.88. The breakdown of the bill is:

Customs Duty: 2.88
USFDA Processing Fee $20.00
Advancement Fee $7.00

Maybe it was my mistake for not researching and learning that coastal.COM is not based in the US. I always assumed that a retail merchant based outside the US would have a country code in their URL. i.e., Coastal.ca

Paid about $110 for the sunglasses and $30 in stupid fees that were not explained. Last time I do business with them

EDIT: Luckily I didn't post this until after I called up Coastal. First I called Fedex and they told me that I can't do anything about the stupid fees and I have to pay it. Then I called up Coastal and a very friendly CSR explained to me it was a mistake in their shipping system and the bill is supposed to go to Coastal and not the customer. She said don't worry about it and she'll take care of it. So I'm a happy camper once again and I'll definitely purchase from them in the future

beec's Avatar

pine bush n.y.
2015-09-08

"I ordered a pair of glasses and paid for the super thin lenses, but they are not. In my opinion they took along time to arrive, there different than what was expected and I was never informed that they were being shipped. They seem cheap."

2015-08-12

"screwed up my prescription. they did the same thing to my sister. dont waste your money "

2015-06-24

"I have ordered my glasses from many online sellers over the years, and I have settled on Coastal.com as my favorite. Their lenses are the best I've found online, and their return process makes it easy to ensure you love your glasses. I ordered my most expensive pair of glasses yet from them in April (Oakleys). Once I received them, I realized that they were much too large for my face, so they sent me a pre-paid shipping label, I sent them back, and they refunded the full purchase price. I've already bought 7 pairs of glasses from Coastal over the past few years, and I'll definitely order from them again with no hesitation."

2015-06-24

"I received a prompt reply with good advice!
If I need anything like this again I will surely contact Dr Parker!

Share Coastal.com's store rating

Coastal.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Coastal.com is not a merchant member
Coastal.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!