Coastal.comCoupons

Chance of future purchase: Rating 3.21/10 3.21/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.93/10 3.93/10
    Customer service: Rating 2.71/10 2.71/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10

"So this was the first time I have ordered glasses online. The coastal site was easy to use and I found a pair that I liked without any trouble. I do wish they fit into the price bracket for the at home try on, just for my own peace of mind. I was extremely nervous about buying glasses online, especially after reading the reviews already on this site for coastal.com. The glasses arrived before the original estimated date of a delivery, which was October 30th, they arrived on the 19th. They fit really well, and the lenses were cut to my prescription and I had no trouble seeing out of them as soon as I tried them on. They also sent some lense cleaner, and a lense cloth, along with a little glasses sized flathead and Philips head screwdriver. Overall very impressed and will recommend this company to others assuming I do not have any problems with durability, consistant wearing, and just regular wear and tear. Assuming they last as long as other, more expensive glasses, I will recommend it to others. "

"-I ordered my contacts, now it's two weeks after my order placement, not received it yet . It was supposed to take 3-5 days.
-Long waiting time for reaching them by phone

"I checked out a bunch of online retailers to order my next pair of bifocal glasses and Coastal.com seem to have good reviews and good prices.
I placed my order and within 5 days I had my glasses. Everything went well even though I had the option to return them within 15 days at no charge.
Support was good when I called them before ordering to make sure I understood all of their policies.

"Truly awful experience. Ordered glasses 3 weeks ago still don't have anything. A pair was sent never received, no one know why. I was told the replacement pair would be sent overnight, just got an email that it will take at least another week. I doubt I'll get them in time for a trip I'm taking, which I never thought would be a possibility. "

"The glasses I received were badly grounded and made me dizzy and crosseyed. Not only this but the solution they gave me to clean the lenses had ALGAE in it! I reordered more solution a month ago and never got it. So I store bought realy good solution. My lenses won't become un-smugged! I used just a clean cloth, then the solution, then their solution, then effing windex, and still nothing! I can barely see out of them! The frames are fine I'm really hoping I can take these frames to a local place and get new lenses so this isn't a total loss of $88. Avoid at all cost. I really think all of these 5 star ratings are fake rating the company created."

"i read reviews before i order from any new website. i found the reviews mostly high, but a few bad. well, my experience was awesome, i ordered on wednesday and received my glasses and saturday. the price, quality and fit is outstanding. i just ordered a second pair a day later. because of a CC problem, i had to call customer support and spoke, with carlos. he stayed on the phone with me until the problem was resolved."

"Coastal.com is so wonderful! I am loving my new glasses!"

"i don't usually write reviews but i had no choice on this one. i ordered a pair of glasses which they advised were shipped yet never arrived. contacted customer services cathy h. who even though apologized every time we emailed advised me a new pair had been authorized and would ship out. today i received another email stating that the original pair had been delivered, but to my home address. i contacted them again and received this response Since this is a system generated email, the
system picked up the updated address on file; however, the package was actually
delivered to your office address. Have you received the package yet? even though they were very aware i had not received them. lso, we have requested a replacement shipment for the order, but it was
declined for the frame change since the lenses are different. If you have other selection for the replacement shipment, please let me know. After i had been told that they were already authorized and i quote 'I'm sorry that you feel that way. However, I have obtained an authorization to change the frames to Electric D. Payne Matte Smoke as a one time exception. If you would like, we can send you a replacement shipment for the Electric D. Payne Matte Smoke frames. what a way to run a business. i now have no glasses, they still have my money and there is no replacement coming. i give up and will post this review wherever i can until im satisfied.

"Just another crappy online glasses store. I wish that Amazon made glasses so I could get them in a reasonable amount of time with proper tracking."

"I don't know why they're getting almost perfect stars. I've contacted them a couple weeks after getting them which was back in June, about one nose piece coming off. They never got back. Great Customer service. Yea right. "

"I wish I would have discovered coastal.com much sooner than I did. I love it! The prices are great! And the service is even better. I will definetley be back for more."

"This is the place to go if you want glasses FAST! My sunglasses came in less than a week after I ordered them. The shape is a little more rectangular than I imagined, but they fit well and the prescription seems fine. They seem sturdy and don't slip off my face. Altogether prescription sunglasses cost me $170. They had some coupons on the front page, but only the free shipping one worked (not the 20% off July 4th sale as I'd hoped...). I looked at sunglasses at two other sites: Warby Parker ($150) and Eyeglasses.com ($201), and decided to pick this site because the glasses style was more classic and less trendy. I thought Derek Cardigan was a designer but looking it up it seems it's house brand (haha!) so beware of the designer-sounding names... although the quality is really close enough to designer, and much cheaper, so it's not a bad bet. I would probably buy from them again. "

"Incredibly good deal!! Saved me so much money and the shipping was super fast!! I have already started recommending them to my friends, family and co-workers!!"

"The pricey are unbeatable for the quality and service, my only disappointment where the size of the glasses. They were in the women's department yet they felt like kids glasses. They were too tight on me and felt like my face was too big for them. I do intend to return them for another pair and hopefully have better luck next time. "

"Did not receive the glasses I wanted but that was my mistake. Got the ones I wanted and absolutely love them. the cheapest lenses are absolutely awesome"

Coastal.com is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Coastal.com is a merchant member
Coastal.com participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 1,865 merchant members.