Coastal.comCoupons

Product & services pricing Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 2.19/10 2.19/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.43/10 1.43/10

"For the first time i ordered lenses
Online for
less cost. But what i did not know they dont guarantee any thing. They sent the wrong prescription..they said they would send out the correct ones and that i could not return the wrong prescription. So i am waiting since 2/15 for the right lenses...guess what they never came. After 3 weeks of having the wrong prescription taking up space ..i threw them away and i start calling about the new lenses..now they want them

....monies down the drain..please go with walmart..visual on line but not the coastal

"I ordered contacts on 2/5/15 and requested them overnighted as I was going on vacation and had no contacts. The site says most contacts ship within 48 hours. I assumed that they would arrive by the time I did or shortly after on the 10th. The contacts didn't even ship until the 13th and have an estimated delivery date of 2/27 which is certainly not overnight. I will not even be on vacation anymore. I leave on the 20th. They did not contact me to tell me they were not in stock. What a joke! I will be asking my resort to return them upon receipt and will get my contacts elsewhere."

"Horrible service. I needed contact lenses ASAP so I paid more on Coastal.com than I would have locally because I wanted them for next day delivery. Not withstanding, they didn't send it next day delivery. They are unreliable, unprofessional when you call, and simply a disgrace. You would be better off spending your money elsewhere."

"Alright, so I'll assure you this is a real review by saying yeah, a lot of the other super great reviews looked like they were professionally written and bought. I'll also say you guys had me scared because I didn't see this site until after I ordered.
So, now on to my own review.

Ordering was easy. I like the Webcam feature that you can virtually try on glasses before buying them. I liked the filter options, and how you can add favorites to review later to pick your final choice.
I didn't like the measurement thing. I admit, I have not had glasses for well over a year after my kid bent the crap out of them and I didn't have time to get new ones. I go through Costco, and it takes a week or so to get them there. Problem is that I live nearly 5 hours away from the closest one. Two kids, full time job... you get it. I didn't know the measure thing so I just went with the preset 60mm. I guess it's the average?
Okay, so after I ordered I got the email with a receipt. Good. Was told that when it shipped, they'd email me. Well, that didn't exactly happen as you would think. They emailed the receipt with the tracking function, and a follow up about my order shipping after the fact.
I checked the status daily. The glasses were made quickly. The original delivery date was Feb 10. I was a little off by that since the site said 3-5 says though it was preparing to ship Jan 31. Oh well.
So then I see that the shipping label is made. When I see that status, I freak. Too many times with websites I order from does the item sit in the warehouse for days until someone finds it or I call and complain.
Luckily, that didn't happen. The order actually shipped Feb 2 (two days ago) and I received them today. Imagine my shock. I think it's just because I live so close to WA. Either way, I got it in 2 days.
So then I opened the box. The box is kinda thin and barely taped enough to hold it closed so I was surprised to see everything untouched. It's negative-hell-no cold outside. You'd think something stupid would have happened.
So yeah, I opened it and there was the odd shaped though good quality hard lens case and a plastic button pouch with lens spray, cloth, and tiny screwdriver. It even has a keychain.
Then I'm looking at the frame. Some of you complained about chalky lining or whatnot, but I didn't see anything different than if I had gone to Costco. The lenses were flush with the frame, clean, and the prescription matched as it was supposed to. I tried them on. By first look I thought they would be too small. They aren't. Good guess on my part but I think a couple more mm would have been better. I like the frames. They look better in person. I saw photos online where the glasses frames look like cheap plastic, but it's not. It's like any other frame I would get from Costco.
All in all, it was an ordinary experience. Coastal lived up to its "says so"s, so I'm happy. To those of you with bad experiences, it sucks, I know. If you look on Facebook, they have a page that's actively managed. Leave a complaint there and they'll have you pm them.
Seriously not a phony here. Just saying maybe some negative reviews here are as phony as some of the good ones.

"Ordered two pairs of glasses almost two weeks ago. For the whole duration of time after the order, the tracking number said "shipping label created" until today. I ordered two pairs of glasses and they are being shipped in separate packages!!! WHY?! One pair is in Texas, and the other is held up in US customs in Canada...I live in Boston...This is ridiculous."

"So I ordered my glasses on January 1st (hoping that I would receive them before my birthday which was TWO WEEKS AWAY.) My total was 107.00 with free shipping. After ordering I logged in daily to check the status of my order. On January 4th it said that my order had passed quality inspection and it would be shipped on January 5th. On January 5th I received NO shipping confirmation and saw on my order status that the shipping date how now changed to the 6th, then the next day, it changed to the 7th. The 7th rolls around, still no shipping confirmation and the estimated ship date changed to the 8th. So on the 7th I called "customer service". Customer service? Yeah right. The foreign man on the phone had no helpful information to give besides "It will PROBABLY ship out tomorrow." So today is the 8th, I finally received a tracking number only after typing it in to USPS to find that it had only gotten as far as "shipping label created" WHICH IS PRE-SHIPMENT. Very dissatisfied. I definitely plan on returning them whenever I finally receive them (considering they won't arrive when I need them anyways.) What a waste."

"Coastal.com merchant customer service is worst. Ordered sun glass on thankgiving and lost in transit. I understand that but after that customer service never responded to emails and phone calls for few days. On Dec 10th I asked them for refund but instead processing my refund they placed replacement order. Is it too hard to understand english for you? Never buy from them. Going to file complaint on BBB as well."

"I wanted to post my experience because I believe good/average experiences should be part of the fray.

I do not order contacts from Coastal. Contacts are expensive, and I can get them cheaper elsewhere. I am pretty sure Coastal does not manufacture contacts, so I do not know why people blame them for that.

Anyway, I got two glasses on sale and have previously ordered a pair that lasted me over 2 years. In fact, I still wear them but they are a little scratched and not-so-clear due to that after all this time. I can't complain--two years.

On this order:
I wasn't given a choice for tint of sunglasses. Turns out there isn't one, but when I asked cust serv about that they found my order (I didn't give an order number) and put it on hold so that I could make any changes I wanted to (I assume for the same price). Some people might find this annoying, but I appreciate their initiative. After that, I asked them to please not hold it but ship the order so I could try out the lenses for the trial period they offer (which was listed as 21 days, I guess 7 for shipping and 15 as advertised). I got my order only a couple days after this interaction with a box marked two day delivery. Thank you coastal!

My two glasses are reviewed on their website. I have no complaints about build quality. I wish I got two things of solution since I ordered two pairs of glasses, but whatever.

They have great deals. I have to buy the highest index lenses--my vision is terrible. They had upgrade to that index lens for free! I got a pair of glasses and prescription sunglasses for $180! It's a steal, and they both look great.

If I had to summarize: I will always come back to coastal to buy my glasses. If I have a bad experience, I have no doubt they will resolve it for me. I wholeheartedly recommend you try coastal if you are looking for glasses and they have a pair you like.

"I wear contact lenses and was ordering them from Walgreens.com until Walgreens discontinued selling my brand of lenses. I began ordering from Coastal Contacts/Eyeglasses. I have ordered from them 4x in the last 2 months! I have complained to their company that the lenses come 6 to a box...........and with each shipment I have a defective lens, AND THE LENSES ARE NOT LASTING 2 WEEKS AS THEY SHOULD. You are only getting a week's wear out of your lenses. Regardless how Coastal gets them..............its either their manufacturer is shady or the company itself is shady! A box of contact lenses should last me 6 weeks...................please read what I said above............I HAVE ORDERED 4 BOXES WITHIN THE LAST 8 WEEKS..................When I complained to their customer service dept, they credited me for exactly 2 lenses. Coastal contacts, my next step is reporting matters to the BBB and whomever else I can get to properly investigate your company! Please consider yourself as having lost a customer. NO I DONT WANT ANY FRINGE BENEFITS, DISCOUNTS OFFERS OR ANYTHING ELSE FROM YOUR COMPANY TO TRY AND KEEP ME AS A CUSTOMER! I work hard for my money and contact lenses are not cheap............so i expect to get my money's worth. Your company IS A HOT MESS!"

"Do not hesitate. Wonderful, quality glasses. I tried competitor Z but got low quality eyeglasses that break only after a few months.
Coastal eyeglasses look, feel sturdy. Excellent quality just like what you can get from the optical store. Yes, glasses are made here in the USA. I received my eyeglasses on the 4th day. I am so thrilled that I order another pair, this time with progressive lenses.

"This is the second time I have ordered glasses from coastal; my first pair broke, but only because I stepped on them by mistake. That same day, I ordered another pair, just different frames as I wanted to change them up. I ordered them on a Sunday, received them Thursday! I love them. They are just what I wanted, and the ordering process was simple!"

"So this was the first time I have ordered glasses online. The coastal site was easy to use and I found a pair that I liked without any trouble. I do wish they fit into the price bracket for the at home try on, just for my own peace of mind. I was extremely nervous about buying glasses online, especially after reading the reviews already on this site for coastal.com. The glasses arrived before the original estimated date of a delivery, which was October 30th, they arrived on the 19th. They fit really well, and the lenses were cut to my prescription and I had no trouble seeing out of them as soon as I tried them on. They also sent some lense cleaner, and a lense cloth, along with a little glasses sized flathead and Philips head screwdriver. Overall very impressed and will recommend this company to others assuming I do not have any problems with durability, consistant wearing, and just regular wear and tear. Assuming they last as long as other, more expensive glasses, I will recommend it to others. "

"-I ordered my contacts, now it's two weeks after my order placement, not received it yet . It was supposed to take 3-5 days.
-Long waiting time for reaching them by phone

"I checked out a bunch of online retailers to order my next pair of bifocal glasses and Coastal.com seem to have good reviews and good prices.
I placed my order and within 5 days I had my glasses. Everything went well even though I had the option to return them within 15 days at no charge.
Support was good when I called them before ordering to make sure I understood all of their policies.

"Truly awful experience. Ordered glasses 3 weeks ago still don't have anything. A pair was sent never received, no one know why. I was told the replacement pair would be sent overnight, just got an email that it will take at least another week. I doubt I'll get them in time for a trip I'm taking, which I never thought would be a possibility. "

Share Coastal.com's store rating

Coastal.com is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Coastal.com is a merchant member
Coastal.com participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 1,840 merchant members.