Stores > Coastal.com

Shipping & packaging: Rating 4.69/10 4.69/10
    Customer service: Rating 4.69/10 4.69/10

2016-01-23

GREAT customer service

"I've ordered several times, and always been pleased. I did have a pair of frames that broke after 6 months, and was going to write them off, but Coastal replaced with a better frame for zero. Very pleased with their service, and will order here again. This review was not asked for by Coastal.....it is my representation of there excellent service."

This review was modified by jpr189 on January 24 2016 08:36:40 AM

2015-12-18

"Poor service, poor contact, poor over all misrepresent product.

This is what really hurts online Businesses

This review was modified by bushing1 on December 18 2015 11:39:31 AM

2015-12-08

"I just ordered my 4th pair of glasses from Coastal. I have VERY sensitive eyes that must have the measurements EXACT, not just within legal tolerance. My first Modo pair were free, except for $14.95 shipping. The frames are still fine 4.5 years later...but the Rx changed and so did styles. Pair #2 are by colors in optics, a shiny black oval that looks ten times the price. The third pair, my bad, I love them, are Kam Dhillon, but not on me! ALL three sets of lenses were spot on on the Rx, the PD...distance between pupils, known as PD, and the axis was correct, too. Waiting on fourth pair which was screwed up in shipping. The customer service guy, Mak, could not have been nicer and tracked them down and even e-mailed me his personal e-mail and phone number, just in case. I also got an E-mail from a supervisor with contact info. Returns for ANY reason are FREE, just go to the website and print out your label. If your Rx changes in 365 days, they will redo it FREE. I wish they had even higher end frames, but I have been very impressed with the quality, which is way better than the price would indicates. I would add that I get the basic free lenses to make sure my doctor got it right...then I have my personal optician put in the high end lenses...made affordable by the low frame prices! This is not a subsidized or fake review. Pinky swear. If you have a oroblem, maintain your humor and manners, Coastal WILL make you happy. and their virtual try-on feature is a huge help!"

2015-11-26

"Fake updates. I ordered on 23 Nov and everytime I checked the status, the arrival time is extended for one day. Today is Nov 26 but on the status, it said it shipped on 27. LOL. Im hoping it could arrive in two weeks as all the updates on this website is probably fake (and everything else maybe). STAY AWAY."

2015-11-19

"I ordered new glasses in plenty of time to take on extended trip. I was told they would arrive today, the 19th. I received an email after order saying they had been shipped on the 12th. Well, they did not arrive, so I checked tracking number. They were shipped on the 18th not the 12th, 6 days after order and they will arrive after I leave for trip this weekend.
Their customer service (which sounded outside US) would only apologize and not offer any explanation as to ship date discrepancy. Had they been honest as to estimated delivery and when they said they shipped I could have cancelled and gone someplace else.
Do not believe their claim of 3-5 business days for delivery after order. My order was placed on the 10th.

This review was modified by customer5062 on November 19 2015 03:09:15 PM

2015-10-27

"I bought progressive lenses from them last year, 11/6/2014, and they made the segment height so high that I had to drive with my head down to see the road in front of me. When I initially called them about this, the representative's response was that they don't customize. I had to explain that these were the same frames that I purchased last year, 2013, and I didn't have that problem. They made this right, but only because my frames were exactly the same from previous year and the segment height was lower. I'd be careful if I purchased glasses with progressive lenses from them."

2015-09-09

"Received my glasses in a timely manner and the glasses are great. I docked them because I received a bill today from Fedex for $29.88. The breakdown of the bill is:

Customs Duty: 2.88
USFDA Processing Fee $20.00
Advancement Fee $7.00

Maybe it was my mistake for not researching and learning that coastal.COM is not based in the US. I always assumed that a retail merchant based outside the US would have a country code in their URL. i.e., Coastal.ca

Paid about $110 for the sunglasses and $30 in stupid fees that were not explained. Last time I do business with them

EDIT: Luckily I didn't post this until after I called up Coastal. First I called Fedex and they told me that I can't do anything about the stupid fees and I have to pay it. Then I called up Coastal and a very friendly CSR explained to me it was a mistake in their shipping system and the bill is supposed to go to Coastal and not the customer. She said don't worry about it and she'll take care of it. So I'm a happy camper once again and I'll definitely purchase from them in the future

beec's Avatar

pine bush n.y.
2015-09-08

"I ordered a pair of glasses and paid for the super thin lenses, but they are not. In my opinion they took along time to arrive, there different than what was expected and I was never informed that they were being shipped. They seem cheap."

2015-08-12

"screwed up my prescription. they did the same thing to my sister. dont waste your money "

2015-06-24

"I have ordered my glasses from many online sellers over the years, and I have settled on Coastal.com as my favorite. Their lenses are the best I've found online, and their return process makes it easy to ensure you love your glasses. I ordered my most expensive pair of glasses yet from them in April (Oakleys). Once I received them, I realized that they were much too large for my face, so they sent me a pre-paid shipping label, I sent them back, and they refunded the full purchase price. I've already bought 7 pairs of glasses from Coastal over the past few years, and I'll definitely order from them again with no hesitation."

2015-06-24

"I received a prompt reply with good advice!
If I need anything like this again I will surely contact Dr Parker!

2015-06-14

"I have had no problems with this company. My glasses shipped quickly and arrived exactly as I expected them to be. I am not sure why the reviews are so bad. There are local places that charge the same amount but I enjoy being able to shop with no lines and taking my time. There is an option to load a picture to "try on" glasses and I find it very helpful. The glasses I ordered where true to the "try on". I have two pairs from here so far. The first I bought lasted 2 yrs and 3 months before they ended up breaking at the nose piece from being adjusted to many times. The second pair lasted a little over a yr in great shape until they got ran over by a car on the highway. (Flew off my face on my motorcycle...Oops). Both pair held up very well to scratches. The first had one small scratch from being dropped with in the 2 yrs (I need a lanyard). The second even run over had minimal scratching. I am impressed with the durability. I see a lot of the negative reviews are for no overnight shipping. I have never tried to rush my order so I do not have an answer on that. Also a huge plus is that my prescription has been the same for yrs and I have not had to send a new prescription from the Dr like most places require. So at any time I can just log on and order new glasses without the added Dr visit bill. I hope this review helps someone."

2015-03-28

"For the first time i ordered lenses
Online for
less cost. But what i did not know they dont guarantee any thing. They sent the wrong prescription..they said they would send out the correct ones and that i could not return the wrong prescription. So i am waiting since 2/15 for the right lenses...guess what they never came. After 3 weeks of having the wrong prescription taking up space ..i threw them away and i start calling about the new lenses..now they want them

....monies down the drain..please go with walmart..visual on line but not the coastal

2015-02-16

"I ordered contacts on 2/5/15 and requested them overnighted as I was going on vacation and had no contacts. The site says most contacts ship within 48 hours. I assumed that they would arrive by the time I did or shortly after on the 10th. The contacts didn't even ship until the 13th and have an estimated delivery date of 2/27 which is certainly not overnight. I will not even be on vacation anymore. I leave on the 20th. They did not contact me to tell me they were not in stock. What a joke! I will be asking my resort to return them upon receipt and will get my contacts elsewhere."

2015-02-13

"Horrible service. I needed contact lenses ASAP so I paid more on Coastal.com than I would have locally because I wanted them for next day delivery. Not withstanding, they didn't send it next day delivery. They are unreliable, unprofessional when you call, and simply a disgrace. You would be better off spending your money elsewhere."

Share Coastal.com's store rating

Coastal.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Coastal.com is not a merchant member
Coastal.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!