Stores > Coastal.com
  • Coastal.com

Product & services pricing Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
Voice your opinion! Review Coastal.com by clicking a star below.
2017-05-09

Lame return policy

"They tell you that they can't refund your money if the box is opened which sounds fair until you put on the wrong prescription of contact lens they sent. I could verify my prescription before opening it but it was the "Added power" entity that made no sense to me so I thought I would just put it on. Confusing/ no clear instructions on ordering online.

Will not be ordering from this company again.

2017-01-17

very slow shipping, no customer service

"They brand themselves as some high end glasses retailer, but that's just the website. Support never responded to my emails. The glasses was not shipped after a week. It's probably made in China and sold for 3 times as much...."

2017-01-14

Not Anti Reflective Lens

"The standard lens said they were anti reflective but they are clearly not. "

2016-10-26

Fast delivery! Great Service

"I did a lot of research online to see what website benefited my needs the best, I checked 1800Contacts, Coastal, and Vision Direct. Coastal had the best option (financially) for me. My order was delivered 3 days early and I had no problems. There was even a $10 off coupon promoted on the site for any order of $99 or more. I think this is awesome since they already offered me free shipping with my order. I would and will recommend this to others who are sick of paying so much money for contacts!!"

2016-09-29

CHECK YOUR PRESCRIPTION

"I use to recommend coastal to everyone. Now I am telling the same ppl to have any glasses they received from coastal taken to an optometrist and have the prescription read. I recently discovered that one of my Coastal orders had the wrong prescription lenses. I ordered -.50. Even uploaded my prescription to Coastal online and somehow Coastal sent me a pair of glasses with -1.00 prescription lenses. Currently I am getting the correct lenses inserted as we speak through my optometrist for a lovely $115.00. That was using my insurance. I emailed Coastal to see how they would fix THEIR mistake. Well they didn't. Since this particular order was on a promotion they had going at the time Coastal would only credit my account $15.00. Really $15.00 dollars? Not, "hey mail us your glasses and we will put in the correct lenses that was listed in your order." You cant even get a pair of glasses on their website for $15.00. So lets just say I use their stupid $15.00 credit towards a purchase. I would still have to pay the difference on the the new glasses and shipping as well. So I would be out of pocket MORE money on top of the $115.00 I am paying for the optometrist to fix Coastal's MISTAKE. What is so infuriating about this whole process and the multiple emails to Coastal is that they fail to see that had my order been CORRECT in the first place that I wouldn't even be going through this ridiculous excuse for a Company's way of correcting a mistake that THEY DID. I wouldn't be out of pocket ANY money. How about you send me the lenses I ordered in the first place? Seriously LAME.

Our Promise
"No two eyes are alike, and we’re here to get you exactly what you need. If anything – literally anything – is less than perfect we commit to making it right every time." I suggest you delete the "EXACTLY" out of your promise because it is BS. What I EXACTLY need is the prescription -0.50 that i ordered and i still and will not have from Coastal, well unless i pay the difference because clearly ppl want to fork out more money for someone elses mistake.

2016-09-19

Fast Shipping

"So I was a little skeptical about this but I decided to order anyways and let me tell you it was the probably the best decision I made! I ordered on 9/16 and my glasses where here TODAY talk about fast shipping as far as my experience I had a great one!!"

2016-09-09

Coastal lies to their customers

"I ordered new contacts from Coastal on Aug. 11. They were out of stock so they said it would be a little while. I was ok with that. They shipped on Aug. 26. but got lost in the mail. On Sept. 2 they said they would re-ship me a new order by overnight delivery. It.s now September 9th and they have never been shipped. Now they want to wait for the post office to fine the original package or I die from old age, whichever comes first. The point is they lied to me. Their customer service is terrible. Stay away!!!"

2016-08-18

Great service, I just HAD to come and leave a review for all to see!

"A couple of years ago, I ordered a pair of glasses from them. In my home country (Asia), we usually buy them at a physical store but since living in the USA, I have had to do these things myself online (cheaper). That was how I found coastal.com.

Just recently, I decided I need a new pair of glasses as my old pair is scratched up and the style no longer looks cute on me.. and I remembered my coastal.com order from years back so I decided to look them up again online. I placed an order, the glasses arrived very fast and I love them. After wearing them for a couple of weeks, the temples are a bit crooked so I called them to see if I could get a replacement pair - everything was hassle free! They have placed a new order for me and will be sending me a return label for the crooked pair. With such great customer service, I know where I will be purchasing my NEXT pair of glasses - DEFINITELY at coastal.com. Do not hesitate to order from coastal... they have great customer service. I highly recommend them.

Just a note that I have also ordered from zenni.com and while they were cheaper:
- Zenni does not really have a good return policy in comparison to Coastal - they accept returns and give you back 50% or a one time only for store credit.
- Zenni eyeglass cases are super cheap in comparison to Coastal's
- Ordered 2 pairs from Zenni but one of the pairs does not look good on me and I am stuck with them (they are cheaper so it is not a huge loss for me)

2016-08-12

WHAT is WRONG with the lenses????????????????????

"Shipping is amazing and on time......but.........This is my 3rd replacement pair of glasses.......the first 2 pairs I asked for anti glare and scratch proof coating and they were AWFUL....I got glares when i was driving...glare when i walked outside...cleaning them was a complete disaster! I would wipe them with the lens cleaner provided and all that would do was smudge...and it left a weird fog on my glasses.......so I ordered a pair with no coating.....now I have them, they fit great and I love the style.....my lenses...have weird looking marks all over them when I look at them in the light .....kind of looks like ....as if someone were cutting wood and all the dust is all over your car window.....but this doesn't wipe off!

I even took them to an eyeglass place and the lady said "this is not right, this is going to cloud your vision and give you headaches"

I'm really upset because my first order with Coastal over 2 years ago was the greatest pair of glasses i've ever owned! I am at a loss at this point because ordering again just isn't looking like an option.

2016-06-25

Great! Glasses arrived on time and were exactly as ordered.

"I was a little afraid to buy in Coastal.com because of the mixed reviews here, but decided to take the chance - and it payed off. The glasses arrived on time, the prescription is exact (I checked in an optics shop), no problems.
By the way, I recommend going on http://www.retailmenot.com/view/coastal.com - I found a coupon code there that saved me 50$. Just like that.

2016-06-08

Never ordering anywhere else again!!

"This site rocks! I was so stressed out bc I broke my previous pair and of course I was tight on money. Found this site and took a chance. I'm SO happy I did. It was so easy and almost fun with the "try it on" feature. I was bummed when I saw my order would arrive on 6/20th and it was only 6/3...well, they arrived 6/07. SCORE!! No more blindness for me! woot! woot!

Thank you Coastal.com! (= I will tell everyone. Also, the glasses are very nice. I've had many people compliment me on them.

2016-06-07

"I had some complications with my order, so I made a call to customer service. I was helped out instantly, and I was given exceptional customer service. She told me about all the deals, gave me a coupon code, and apologized for any inconvenience I was having. She told me about how to take my measurements and pointed me into the right direction on how to find the perfect glasses fit for me- all without asking too, might I add. I placed my order June 2, 2016 and received my order -Saturday- June 4, 2016. Overall a GREAT first experience with them. My glasses are better than I imagined they would be. They are of equal quality to a dolce and gabana pair I bought last year at the optometrist for nearly $400. At Coastal, I bought a Derek Cardigan pair for less than $50. I am extremely satisfied with the quality and price of this item. "

2016-04-26

Good prices, poor customer service

"I have ordered from coastal.com four times. The first time I got Vera Wang frames for only the price of shipping as an introductory offer. They arrived in less than a week, and I was very pleased. The second time I ordered contacts. The price wasn't very competitive, and they took a couple of weeks to arrive. The third time I ordered two sets of frames. The prices were more than reasonable, and one pair arrived in a little over two weeks, the second in three weeks.

This last time, I ordered two sets of frames, which were supposed to ship within two days. When I checked the status however, the date of shipping had been changed to a week later, with no explanation. Later, I checked again, and again the shipping date was postponed with no explanation. I called and spoke to customer service, and they couldn't give me any answers. I asked them to log my complaint. A week later, the shipping date was extended yet again. I spoke to another customer service representative, who also didn't have any answers, and had no record of my having called before. As of today, the website says my frames were shipped two days ago, and they should arrive in five days--more than a month after I ordered them.

Once I was a fan. Even though the prices remain tempting, however, the customer services has quite obviously decreased in value over the years, which is very disappointing.

2016-02-25

Prices are good,

"I bought a pair of Esprit 17385 527 Olive Green and I love how they look on me! The price for the frame was great. I did not give them 5 star because of theses reasons: their website a bit cranky, my lens is the Advance Thin Air Lens witch feel really light but I'm not sure the Anti-reflective coating they put on is that great? I still see lots of reflection from outside light bouncing off the lenses. The choices of frames in their inventory for me was very limited do to my small size, styles and material in woman glasses. And I looked into kids size as well, not any better. The glass case is a bit bigger then I like and I did not get any liquid lens cleaning for my lenses. Their final reciept printout for the cost is not detail enough. Lastly, they don't take in old pairs of glasses I've have for new lenses. It's to bad, because I have a few I would love to send in to them. So the three star is for great prices for frames if you can fine your size. The frame with lenses fits nicely on me. Craftsmanship not bad. Free shipping and return. Delivery turn around for mine was 8 working days. Free eye glass case and a mini lens screwdriver and cleaning cloth. Would I buy another pair? Price is right and non-reflective lens not all that important to you, then why not.

2016-01-23

GREAT customer service

"I've ordered several times, and always been pleased. I did have a pair of frames that broke after 6 months, and was going to write them off, but Coastal replaced with a better frame for zero. Very pleased with their service, and will order here again. This review was not asked for by Coastal.....it is my representation of there excellent service."

Share Coastal.com's store rating

Coastal.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Coastal.com is not a merchant member
Coastal.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!