Coastal.comCoupons

Chance of future purchase: Rating 4.33/10 4.33/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 4.83/10 4.83/10
    Customer service: Rating 3.54/10 3.54/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 0.50/10 0.50/10

"Coastal.com merchant customer service is worst. Ordered sun glass on thankgiving and lost in transit. I understand that but after that customer service never responded to emails and phone calls for few days. On Dec 10th I asked them for refund but instead processing my refund they placed replacement order. Is it too hard to understand english for you? Never buy from them. Going to file complaint on BBB as well."

"I wanted to post my experience because I believe good/average experiences should be part of the fray.

I do not order contacts from Coastal. Contacts are expensive, and I can get them cheaper elsewhere. I am pretty sure Coastal does not manufacture contacts, so I do not know why people blame them for that.

Anyway, I got two glasses on sale and have previously ordered a pair that lasted me over 2 years. In fact, I still wear them but they are a little scratched and not-so-clear due to that after all this time. I can't complain--two years.

On this order:
I wasn't given a choice for tint of sunglasses. Turns out there isn't one, but when I asked cust serv about that they found my order (I didn't give an order number) and put it on hold so that I could make any changes I wanted to (I assume for the same price). Some people might find this annoying, but I appreciate their initiative. After that, I asked them to please not hold it but ship the order so I could try out the lenses for the trial period they offer (which was listed as 21 days, I guess 7 for shipping and 15 as advertised). I got my order only a couple days after this interaction with a box marked two day delivery. Thank you coastal!

My two glasses are reviewed on their website. I have no complaints about build quality. I wish I got two things of solution since I ordered two pairs of glasses, but whatever.

They have great deals. I have to buy the highest index lenses--my vision is terrible. They had upgrade to that index lens for free! I got a pair of glasses and prescription sunglasses for $180! It's a steal, and they both look great.

If I had to summarize: I will always come back to coastal to buy my glasses. If I have a bad experience, I have no doubt they will resolve it for me. I wholeheartedly recommend you try coastal if you are looking for glasses and they have a pair you like.

"I wear contact lenses and was ordering them from Walgreens.com until Walgreens discontinued selling my brand of lenses. I began ordering from Coastal Contacts/Eyeglasses. I have ordered from them 4x in the last 2 months! I have complained to their company that the lenses come 6 to a box...........and with each shipment I have a defective lens, AND THE LENSES ARE NOT LASTING 2 WEEKS AS THEY SHOULD. You are only getting a week's wear out of your lenses. Regardless how Coastal gets them..............its either their manufacturer is shady or the company itself is shady! A box of contact lenses should last me 6 weeks...................please read what I said above............I HAVE ORDERED 4 BOXES WITHIN THE LAST 8 WEEKS..................When I complained to their customer service dept, they credited me for exactly 2 lenses. Coastal contacts, my next step is reporting matters to the BBB and whomever else I can get to properly investigate your company! Please consider yourself as having lost a customer. NO I DONT WANT ANY FRINGE BENEFITS, DISCOUNTS OFFERS OR ANYTHING ELSE FROM YOUR COMPANY TO TRY AND KEEP ME AS A CUSTOMER! I work hard for my money and contact lenses are not cheap............so i expect to get my money's worth. Your company IS A HOT MESS!"

"Do not hesitate. Wonderful, quality glasses. I tried competitor Z but got low quality eyeglasses that break only after a few months.
Coastal eyeglasses look, feel sturdy. Excellent quality just like what you can get from the optical store. Yes, glasses are made here in the USA. I received my eyeglasses on the 4th day. I am so thrilled that I order another pair, this time with progressive lenses.

"This is the second time I have ordered glasses from coastal; my first pair broke, but only because I stepped on them by mistake. That same day, I ordered another pair, just different frames as I wanted to change them up. I ordered them on a Sunday, received them Thursday! I love them. They are just what I wanted, and the ordering process was simple!"

"So this was the first time I have ordered glasses online. The coastal site was easy to use and I found a pair that I liked without any trouble. I do wish they fit into the price bracket for the at home try on, just for my own peace of mind. I was extremely nervous about buying glasses online, especially after reading the reviews already on this site for coastal.com. The glasses arrived before the original estimated date of a delivery, which was October 30th, they arrived on the 19th. They fit really well, and the lenses were cut to my prescription and I had no trouble seeing out of them as soon as I tried them on. They also sent some lense cleaner, and a lense cloth, along with a little glasses sized flathead and Philips head screwdriver. Overall very impressed and will recommend this company to others assuming I do not have any problems with durability, consistant wearing, and just regular wear and tear. Assuming they last as long as other, more expensive glasses, I will recommend it to others. "

"-I ordered my contacts, now it's two weeks after my order placement, not received it yet . It was supposed to take 3-5 days.
-Long waiting time for reaching them by phone

"I checked out a bunch of online retailers to order my next pair of bifocal glasses and Coastal.com seem to have good reviews and good prices.
I placed my order and within 5 days I had my glasses. Everything went well even though I had the option to return them within 15 days at no charge.
Support was good when I called them before ordering to make sure I understood all of their policies.

"Truly awful experience. Ordered glasses 3 weeks ago still don't have anything. A pair was sent never received, no one know why. I was told the replacement pair would be sent overnight, just got an email that it will take at least another week. I doubt I'll get them in time for a trip I'm taking, which I never thought would be a possibility. "

"The glasses I received were badly grounded and made me dizzy and crosseyed. Not only this but the solution they gave me to clean the lenses had ALGAE in it! I reordered more solution a month ago and never got it. So I store bought realy good solution. My lenses won't become un-smugged! I used just a clean cloth, then the solution, then their solution, then effing windex, and still nothing! I can barely see out of them! The frames are fine I'm really hoping I can take these frames to a local place and get new lenses so this isn't a total loss of $88. Avoid at all cost. I really think all of these 5 star ratings are fake rating the company created."

"i read reviews before i order from any new website. i found the reviews mostly high, but a few bad. well, my experience was awesome, i ordered on wednesday and received my glasses and saturday. the price, quality and fit is outstanding. i just ordered a second pair a day later. because of a CC problem, i had to call customer support and spoke, with carlos. he stayed on the phone with me until the problem was resolved."

"Coastal.com is so wonderful! I am loving my new glasses!"

"i don't usually write reviews but i had no choice on this one. i ordered a pair of glasses which they advised were shipped yet never arrived. contacted customer services cathy h. who even though apologized every time we emailed advised me a new pair had been authorized and would ship out. today i received another email stating that the original pair had been delivered, but to my home address. i contacted them again and received this response Since this is a system generated email, the
system picked up the updated address on file; however, the package was actually
delivered to your office address. Have you received the package yet? even though they were very aware i had not received them. lso, we have requested a replacement shipment for the order, but it was
declined for the frame change since the lenses are different. If you have other selection for the replacement shipment, please let me know. After i had been told that they were already authorized and i quote 'I'm sorry that you feel that way. However, I have obtained an authorization to change the frames to Electric D. Payne Matte Smoke as a one time exception. If you would like, we can send you a replacement shipment for the Electric D. Payne Matte Smoke frames. what a way to run a business. i now have no glasses, they still have my money and there is no replacement coming. i give up and will post this review wherever i can until im satisfied.

"Just another crappy online glasses store. I wish that Amazon made glasses so I could get them in a reasonable amount of time with proper tracking."

"I don't know why they're getting almost perfect stars. I've contacted them a couple weeks after getting them which was back in June, about one nose piece coming off. They never got back. Great Customer service. Yea right. "

Coastal.com is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Coastal.com is a merchant member
Coastal.com participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 1,920 merchant members.