Product & services pricing Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.25/10 1.25/10

"I have lost €40 euro dealing with the "Clove" company. Was just trying to buy the samsung galaxy note 4 phablet and never got it at the end. Got the refund after waiting for 2 months and losing 40 quid on that transaction."

"Ordered a LG G3 47 days ago, still have not received it.
After 25 working days they said they would ship a replacement phone. Some days passed and i asked them about the replacement phone shipment details. they said they hadnt shipped it yet because they were out of stock, i had to wait for LG to send a restock. but on their website it appears as " On Stock".
So, it`s now been 2 weeks since they said they`d ship a replacement and nothing because they say they still dont have it on stock.
All the while the price on the phone on their website has dropped 70 pounds while im waiting for mine.

"Just purchased a HTC ONE from Clove and the process was easy and simple. Good communication throughout the process and the Smartphone arrive when promised."

modified review This review was modified by AronBegbie on November 06 2013 01:30:44 AM

"I place an ordered a SONY Xperia Z ultra with this company. The money was withdraw from my account, But they refuse to ship my phone. I gave them a copy of my driver license to proof that I'm the card holder, All I got is bullshit from them. I would not buy from company again. Piss poor sorry to be a company. "

"I received my order, a new Sony Z Ultra promptly and process was clear and easy. Understood why Clove asked for additional security checks and this protected me as well. Look forward to using them again. "

modified review This review was modified by StuvMeades on September 23 2013 05:36:56 AM

"Bought an Xperia Active, which Clove bundled with the Liveview (for £5 more than buying the two separately, but they were the only UK distributor and I wanted the security of a local reseller vs. buying off ebay). After a couple of days playing around with the Liveview the retention clip breaks. On my first call the Clove rep pushes me off to Sony UK, where I get the run-around for 1/2 hour before being told (unsurprisingly) that I need to warranty any parts through Clove. So I called Clove again. Instead of bitching about the process from there I'll let you read the email trail for yourself:

Clove
We have inquired with Sony Ericsson and our suppliers of the Sony Ericsson Xperia Active. From our conversations with them a broken clip would be classed as user damage. Due to this we are unable to offer a replacement clip.

Me
I had owned this device for less than 2 weeks. I clipped and unclipped the liveview from its housing maybe 5 times in this period. The plastic that has broken is one of the retention clips that is designed to flex out of the way when the device is clipped in. Clearly either the plastic used is too brittle or it was poorly designed in the first place but this is definitely not "user damage".

The product failed at what it is supposed to do and not honouring the warranty is not an acceptable response. You have sold me a defective product and I expect you to stand behind that product when it fails.

Clove

We have sold numerous Sony Ericsson Live units either separately or with the Sony Ericsson Xperia Active. This is the first occasion that we have encountered any problems with the clip of the unit so it is unlikely that it has been poorly designed. As you mentioned in the previous email we have contacted our supplier and Sony Ericsson regarding this matter and neither have encountered any previous problems with the clips. As a result we are unable to supply a replacement clip for the Sony Ericsson LiveView.

Me
Quite frankly this whole exchange with you is astounding. You are refusing to warranty a broken part you have never even seen, based on your experience that nobody else has had a broken one yet. Might I suggest you take a moment to read this forum, or the following review? I am not the first person to have their clips break in the first few uses of the device.

Instead of making me play detective and prove to you that other people are having this problem too why don’t you just do the right thing and issue an RA to warranty my part? It’ll cost you a couple of quid. Much less than if I have to drag you through a complaints process.

In case I need to remind of your responsibilities this is your legal obligation to your customers:
-copied and pasted section from direct.gov consumer rights-
--------------
That's where it's at right now. Who really cares where it goes from here. I will NEVER use Clove again.

-update 27-1-12. They did finally issue an RA and I have sent the part back for their review.

"HORRIBLE!
I ordered the Samsung Galaxy Nexus on their site. My credit card was billed and I waited eagerly for the shipment to arrive.
9 days after I was billed I get an email that they have a problem billing my credit card... BUT THEY DID BILL ME!!!! I was informed I have to speak with my credit card company and get some kind of authorization code yada yada... I cancelled my order and have no idea how long it would take them to refund my money back to the card... HORRIBLE!!!!!! STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!!

"Tom - U.S.A.
Bought a whole lot of items from Clove and when it came to the day of release...you guessed it...OUT OF STOCK. So ofcourse being upset, I cancelled my order and to my surprise, I didn't even get a full refund for something that wasn't even sent to be because of their order cancellation policy which I (and I'm sure most people) didn't notice: Refund for cancelled orders are subject to fluctuations in foreign exchange rates....Freak'n insane if you ask me. So I lost money. What if things had gone the other way in the foreign exchange rate? Do I gain more money?...no. BUYER BEWARE. One more thing, even if it says IN STOCK on their website, doesn't mean it's really IN STOCK. LOST MONEY FOR NOTHING.

"It's hard to believe I'm writing the first review for Clove on this website. Excellent price and service all round. Admittedly, I've only purchased from them once so far, but I would definitely purchase again. Processing and delivery is quick, and queries are answered promptly. I noticed that in several instances, their prices seem to be lower than that of Expansys (who I assume would be a major competitor). I have two minor gripes though of which I feel potential customers should be aware. Firstly, their international courier delivery fee is about a third more expensive than that of Expansys (both use DHL). While this is true for the country I live in, it may not apply to everyone. Secondly, advertised items may not necessarily be in stock at the time of purchase, and nothing is displayed to indicate whether an item is in or out of stock. In fact, after ordering an item which as I was told was the last one available, it has remained purchasable on their website until this day (more than a week after I placed the order and four days after I received it). All it takes though is a simple email or phone call to find out whether an item is in fact available. This may be a nuisance for some, but their customer service is top notch nonetheless. Anyway, these minor gripes of mine are of no consequence by the fact that they sent me a free pen with my order, and there’s never any around when I need one!

EDIT: It's been about a year now since I posted this review, and during this period I've ordered from Clove several more times. I have never, ever, had a problem with them. Without any hassle whatsoever, I cancelled an order, and even had a device returned and replaced with a brand new one after six months of use. Their customer service representative has always been extremely courteous and helpful over the phone, and quick to reply when emailed. I don't denounce the truthfulness to what other customers have said regarding their issues with Clove, I am only saying that I've never, in all the times I've dealt with them, had a problem.

modified review This review was modified by SRKattan on April 26 2012 01:12:35 AM

Clove Technology is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Clove Technology is not a merchant member
Clove Technology does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!