• Classic Arms

Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.25/10 1.25/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.07/10 1.07/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.00/10 1.00/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 0.50/10 0.50/10

"I ordered a new AK pattern rifle from classic firearms on June 18th. It shipped within 2 business days and i received in 4 business days from my date of purchase. The product was as advertised and it looked great. One of the two banana mags that it came with was not in it packaging, but that is no big deal considering that it still worked properly. From reading some other reviews about classic, it seems that people whom ordered new items tend to have a higher rated review. I have never ordered from classic in the past before ordering my AK, but i was quite pleased with the timely service i have received. And no, classic firearms did not ask me to write this review"

This review was modified by bradypatullo87 on June 24 2015 11:38:13 PM

"Ordered a rifle on 4/30/15, got an email that they had my FFL's info on file and were good to go. The status of my order stated "Ready for Picking" so I figured it should ship soon. Monday rolled around and it was still in the same status. I e-mailed then and was told it would be 8-10 BUSINESS DAYS from when the order was originally placed. Today (5/5/15), the payment cleared my bank and it is still sitting in "Ready for Picking."

I don't think I've ever had an online company actually take the money before shipping my order. I'm looking at, potentially, another week and a half before they will even consider shipping it but they already took payment. I should have paid the extra $7 and ordered elsewhere (where I also hadn't done business before) but they popped up as having the rifle for less right before I placed my order. Additionally, their policy is quite severe for cancelling an order and since they pulled the money so far ahead of actually shipping my rifle, all I can do is wait.

As for the price rating, they increased the price of the rifle by $50 the next day, so their prices are not that good.

This review was modified by JTratings on May 05 2015 08:51:49 PM

"I received a damaged PPS43C pistol and now they want me to ship it to IO instead of getting a refund from them. I did not notice the damage till I got home and emailed them the following day. Classic Firearms is not standing by their return policy and allowing me to return it to them. Instead, they want me to ship it to the manufacturer, IO. It's not my fault they did not check it either and should deal with IO themselves. I'm the customer. Bad customer service and I will probably not order another gun from Classic Firearms if this is how they work. I'm so upset and livid with Classic Firearms. Not a good way to do business."

This review was modified by CLASSICFIREARMSuk on April 07 2015 03:03:19 PM

"I just bought a bear creek arsenal ar 15 from classic fire arms. They did not contact me on when they was shipping my product it took 11 days after my purchase then another nine day to receive my product about twenty one days to receive product on hand. Pricing are some what decent. "

"So far not so good... I've ordered an in stock rifle the 22nd of this month and we are now at the 28th and it hasn't even shipped from Classic Firearms. Im one state away and its taking this long... My FFL dealer has already been notified and yet no shipment still, will update if and when they actually ship or if I opt to cancel from the wait peroid here. Spoiled by Budsgunshop shipping my firearms next day..."

This review was modified by DLM1960 on February 28 2015 12:38:16 AM

"I bought a Beretta 92S from them, second weapon purchase from CF. On their website they claimed that most of these Berettas looked like new, and the rest had minimal holster wear. I emailed them, to return the pistol, because it looked like it had been drug through the gravel behind a truck. I was told they would refund my money, but I would have to pay to ship it back. There was no apology for false advertisement. I will never purchase another item for them, and I am telling everyone who will listen. I tried to post a review on their website twice, and my comments will not post."

"Purchased just under $970.00 and one of the items was missing critical parts. The ad mentioned how great the rifle was, but in fact it was damaged in several places. The response was opps "we dropped the ball" we will ship you the part you need. Nothing mentioned about the awful condition of the rifle. They knew how bad it was, as it was probably the last of the lot. The following week a brand new shipment arrived. Sorry, burn me once , you never get too again. Maybe would have used again if they were not so greedy. Good news.. I Just purchased a few more guns for my collection on gunbroker. Paid about 5% more but way worth it because they ( all of the sellers) stand behind the items they sell. Not like I need it because they arrived in pristine condition as advertised. Save yourself the headache of "pot luck firearm shopping". Buy anywhere but classic. "

This review was modified by Bigpico11 on February 03 2015 07:49:46 PM

"Being a collector of firearms, I've ordered from all of the well known firearms sites online. Without hesitation, I would rate Classic Firearms as the best of them all. Their site is very easy to navigate, and their communication through delivery is second to none. The phone staff has been very helpful when needed as well. Their prices are extremely competitive , though I do not base my buying decisions solely on price like many shoppers do. Customer service is most important and Classic hits a home run in that area!

I've now bought from their site 8 times and will likely buy from them again soon.

This review was modified by hunter4life1 on December 23 2014 10:15:37 PM

"Will post once order received."

This review was modified by sjthom on December 18 2013 04:17:28 PM

"I have made several purchases from Classic and have had no issues whatsoever. The poor reviews are a surprise and I suspect they may have been planted by a ringer for another company, or just someone who is bent on doing harm to a retailer."

This review was modified by spymasterjohn on November 29 2013 10:24:16 AM

"I placed my 3rd order with Classic Firearms today. I got a Fantastic price on my latest handgun purchase via Classicfirearms . com. You just can NOT Beat the Prices @ ClassicFirearms!!

Not to mention the EXCELLENT customer service that they consistently provide!!

You just can NOT GO WRONG with Classic Firearms!

"I was extremely happy to find someone carrying hex receiver 91/30 mosins, and although the price was a little higher than I was hoping to spend it was the cheapest I've been able to find them. The rifle was packaged very well and delivered to my FFL within 5 days of ordering. The rifle appeared to be in unissued or excellent used condition. I could not find any marks in the stock or marring in the bluing. The only real problem I had with them was that their website is a bit user unfriendly and I had to call them to get some information. That was not really a big deal, but the person I spoke to was not very friendly and even bordered on being rude. I had a simple question about something that I could not find out anywhere on their website and they acted as if I should have already known despite it being the first time I had ever dealt with them or even seen their site for that matter. If they had been friendly at all when I called I would have rated them higher. Their communication regarding the order was excellent. I received e-mail updates every time there was a status change in the order, including when it was signed for on delivery and a name. Overall I had a very good experience with them."

This review was modified by atslugger on August 15 2013 05:35:51 PM

"Classic firearms is a very rude company with poor customer service and communication. They had a promotion for expedited processing and shipping of 1-2 days, which did not differ in time from a normal purchase. When contacting them, they implied that I was wrong and it was not a sale, so I contacted them again saying that's not what I said, I said promotion. They in turn replied that I was confused with another site and that I was wrong and it was neither a promotion and what part do I not understand? After explaining my situation they only replied OK...

This is what made me very furious. In their about us section Classic firearms states that "Customer satisfaction has always been and will always be our #1 goal. We constantly are developing and implementing new processes, technology, and infrastructure to assist our passion towards complete customer satisfaction".

This was not the case with me and when I told them about it, they told me to stop emailing them and that my problem was petty. No other people have complained about it, and they have bigger issues to deal with than my satisfaction.

"So far, you are the ONLY complaint, so I think we are doing just fine". -Classic Firearms

Do not deal with this bible beating company. They are very rude and do not care about their customers.

This review was modified by Alphagunner on July 26 2013 10:54:27 AM

"Classic Arms has horrible customer service and very deceptive advertising. I purchased an AK advertised as new in description and in all the reviews for the product. I received an obviously used (used sale tag still looped around trigger guard) and banged up AK. The AK actually had a large gash where the bluing came off on the gas tube. When I called they said that as long as it works it's not their problem. I was able to convince them to take it back, and refund shipping one of the ways. Spoke with Rick (the manager) and he assured me it wasn't used despite what my eyes would lead me to believe. "

This review was modified by pipboy9000 on June 28 2013 11:37:13 AM

"Based on their customer service, this company does not deserve to be in business. I placed an order for a rifle and selected an FFL dealer from their listing. I later discovered that the dealer did not participate in facilitating gun transfers. When I sent them the name of a local FFL dealer who would do the transfer, they told me their policy was to charge $25 for a change of order. When I pointed out that I selected a FF dealer based on the listing on their own website, they told me I should have checked it out first instead of relying on them. I punctuated my comments with a few choice curse words (which upset their delicate sensibilities) and cancelled the order. These folks dont have the brains of the bullets they sell."

Share Classic Arms's store rating

Classic Arms is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Classic Arms is not a merchant member
Classic Arms does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!