• Christian Book

Product & services pricing Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10

2015-02-06

"DO NOT ORDER FROM CHRISTIANBOOK.COM. THEY ARE ANYTHING BUT CHRIST LIKE. FALSE INFO WAS PROVIDED REGARDING THIS PRODUCT. I CONTACTED CUSTOMER SERVICE & THEY DID NOT CARE, WERE RUDE & BASCIALLY TOLD ME TO KISS THEIR BUTTS. I HAD EVEN PAID FOR 2 DAY SHIPPING TO GET THE CD IN THE FiRST PLACE. THEY SAID I WOULD HAVE TO PAY TO RETURN THE TRACK. THAT WOULD COST MORE THAN THE CD ITSELF. I see this situation as Satan trying to stop a Christ sent message to the world. AGAIN christianbook.com is EVIL EVIL EVIL!!!!!!"

This review was modified by ilsna on February 06 2015 06:27:12 PM

2015-01-03

"I recently placed an order with Christian Book Distributors and they completely messed up the order. The estimated shipping date was for the day after I placed the order, and it was supposed to arrive several days after it shipped. Instead, I waited for nearly two weeks for the order to ship (and I had to contact them first). I received an email the day after I contacted them from one of their representatives telling me that the order had shipped, but two days later I received an the shipping confirmation email, leading me to believe that they lied about shipping the order. And finally, when the order arrived several days after the second email telling me that my order had shipped, I opened the package to find that one of the items was missing, having been replaced with something that I did not order.
After receiving the shipment of incorrect items, I contacted them where they gave me the complete runaround through the course of several days and emails, and after I had told them multiple times that I would like a refund for the item that I did not receive and I would purchase the item somewhere where it would be less of a hassle, they repeatedly kept replying
"thanks for giving us another chance to make this right".
I gave them enough chances, I just want a refund but they refuse to comply and keep giving me the run around. "

This review was modified by JUNIORB on January 03 2015 11:40:34 AM

Christian Book Distributors User

2014-08-30

"SUPERB customer service and great selection. I enjoy finding hidden bargains on the CBD site, like great CDs for $1.99 or close-out books. One time a CD wouldn't play, and they shipped me another right away. Definitely one of my favorite places to shop for gifts and inspirational materials."

2013-12-03

"I placed an order for -17 bibles with Christian Book Distributors in May/June. It was a nightmare from the beginning. I struggled to get the correct bible information out of them. Due to my lack of confidence in the website I order via there customer service to avoid the wrong bibles, because I am accountable to the folk who placed the order.
After continual excuses for the delays for which I had to keep asking why because they never gave feedback out of their own, they finally got the order. By now the price had escalated due to the exchange rate. I struggled to get their billing information and when I finally got it I was told they only do wire transfers. This meant that I have to pay bank charges in South Africa and America. This made the order too expensive so I informed them I can't afford the bank charges as well. Instead of making an effort to service a client they had been stringing along for 6 months they informed me they had deleted the order. They made no effort to capture the order into the system so I could pay via paypal or visa. I am sorry I told people their site had good products at good prices. This bad service will come back to haunt me. "

2011-11-02

"I ordered several books from the store and one of the book was shown as back ordered and the expected date was a couple days later. I placed my order based on that info. And after haven't received that book for a month, I emailed them and was told it is still back ordered. And that couple days turned into one and half MONTHS! I had to email them twice wondering where the book was. The customer service representative did not even apology and just said "Unfortunately, we are relying on publishers' information as to when we will receive stock. " and made it sounds like it is not their fault in any way.

Terrible experience and would never buy again!!!"

2011-02-16

"Really fast shipping to WA even with cheapest shipping options. Had a great overall experience."

Planatoid's Avatar

New York; not the city
2011-01-12

"I ordered several books from CBD. They arrived promptly and in good condition. CBD has a great selection of Christian materials and is an excellent resource."

Mental_Myopia's Avatar

Montana, USA
2006-10-22

"Great selection of books, great prices, and AWESOME customer service! Although I wish they offered a free shipping promotion, their shipping rates are reasonable. In my first order with them, I ordered two hardcover books. However, I was shipped the paperback editions. It turned out to be mistakes in the online product description, which they fixed right away. They also immediately sent me a free shipping label to return the books, and refunded my purchase price and shipping charges. Their customer service is outstanding, and they stand behind each order and every customer! I continue to do business with them, and highly recommend them to everyone! They treat their customers wonderfully! A+

2006-03-10

"Items as described, when promised. Good prices.

Highly recommended."

This review was modified by tcmiller on April 15 2006 02:01:08 PM

Share Christian Book Distributors's store rating

Christian Book Distributors is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Christian Book Distributors is not a merchant member
Christian Book Distributors does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!