Stores > Chewy.com

Shipping & packaging: Rating 9.10/10 9.10/10
    Customer service: Rating 9.13/10 9.13/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 9.22/10 9.22/10

2016-02-08

Uses deceptive advertising practices to lure customers, then won't honor

"I received a promotional email promising 20% off for first time autoship customers. The email stated no coupon code was necessary and would be applied at check out. Email listed that restrictions may apply but didn't list them. When I clicked on the link i was taken to a paged that showed the dog food I would be ordering along with other products, again no list of restrictions. When I placed my order, I noticed that the discount had not been applied and I contacted Chewy to rectify the situation. I was then told that the product I had selected was one of the restricted items. I told them that any restricted items should be clearly indicated in the advertisement (ever seen the list of restrictions on a Macy's coupon for my case and point). I would never have clicked on the email link and done business with this company if I had know that they would not honor the discount. They told me that the restriction was listed in the product description therefore I should have known. Ok to put this in perspective: a clothes store puts out a coupon for 20% off, but doesn't say on what, to find out if you can use the coupon you have to go to the store and read the fine print on every rack of clothes you look at to determine if the discount applies to those particular items on that rack. Every coupon I have ever used clearly states any restricted items in the text of the advertisement.

I had really wanted to do business with this company, however they refused to refund me the discount that they had advertised ($15). instead they felt that paying to return ship 60lbs of dog food to their warehouse and canceling my monthly $160 renewing order was better for their interests. Makes no sense to me when $15 would have made me a happy lifetime customer.

2016-02-04

all in order

"I used Chewy for the first time with a fair sized order. I placed and paid the order. several hours later, realized I made a mistake. After a no wait chat, they corrected everything and 3 days later the order arrived with excellent packaging, and all correct. Great job Chewy! I will be using you again "

2016-01-22

if you like dog crap go here they treat you like it

"They state shipping for free and 1 to 2 days I live in Midwest Wisconsin ordered product on Tuesday at 12:43. You think you would get it on Thursday or friday. No they say it takes long to get from Pennsylvania to Wisconsin. First they say orders after four eastern ships next morning. well it was before 4. all they do is lie to you. think twice about using them. do not call customer service they lie, called them three times to ask about order. "

This review was modified by chewy-non-lover on January 22 2016 08:01:43 AM

2016-01-13

Unbelievable customer service. Went above and beyond

"We had just received an auto-shipment of our dog's prescription dog food when we found out she had renal failure. We needed to change her prescription diet to one that fit her needs. I called Chewy.com customer service and explained the situation. We had not opened the new bag we received so I asked if we could exchange it for the new prescription she needed. The representative said she would refund my account for the dog food we had received and bill me for the new dog food. I asked what I was to do with the dog food I had already received and she said to donate it to a local shelter or someone in need of it. Mind you, this is expensive dog food. I was blown away by this. I will continue to happily use Chewy.com with complete confidence."

2016-01-08

"Having such an amazing product like Chewy is what I can call a rare blessing to me. For someone like me, I don’t order for wants, I only order for needs; and yet, immediately I place my order my needs are met. There are some stores that I have done transactions with in the past that are effective; but when it comes to resellerratings, they are not only EFFECTIVE but also EFFICIENT. I’m really floored by this amazing store! There is nowhere else I’m going to."

2016-01-08

"AMAZING customer service and service in general! My pet food is always shipped in a timely manner. And when my cat did not acknowledge the toy I bought for him they refunded me immediately! No hassle! After ordering my first time from chewy they sent me a lovely hand written post card, welcoming me to the family. I can honestly say that I have NEVER experienced such great customer service!
Thank you chewy.com

2016-01-02

"I am so impressed by Chewy's customer service! Both times I've ordered, the items have shipped the same day, even when ordering later in the evening. This is great especially when I don't realize I'm running low on food. I also sent an email to let them know much I appreciated the quick shipping, and received a response in less than 15 minutes!

Secondly, I was also pleased to receive a personalized holiday postcard a month or so ago—it's just something thoughtful that Petco/Petsmart would never do, and I appreciate that.

Finally, Chewy generally has the best prices on the food that I purchase, and anything that means I don't have to make a trip to the pet store and save a few dollars means the world.

This review was modified by theghostie on January 02 2016 08:58:33 PM

2015-12-26

"that very satisfied and in time in order customers.and I will be a regular customer"

2015-12-20

"This is why I encourage EVERYONE to use Chewy.com for all their dog food, pet supplies and toys. Bobby just sent me this (A Christmas Card personalized). They're customer service, 2 day shipping is hands down THE best. If you receive a wrong product or dissatisfied with an item, they'll replace it and ask that you donate to a rescue. We are on auto ship also for our food where you can delay shipment or speed up also. Calling them is always a treat. Friendly, helpful and funny convos! Their prices are great too! Save us a ton on Zeus's special food like 12.00 a bag. We have four furry kids. Everything is bought through Chewy. Thank you Chewy as always and a very Merry Christmas!! "

2015-12-17

"Their customer service is consistently above and beyond. For example, I ordered the wrong product for my cats and asked how I go about returning it. They immediately gave me a full refund and told me to give the product away to a local rescue organization or shelter because "they would really appreciate it". More businesses should follow their lead and show a little compassion. ?#?happycustomer? ?#?happycats? ?#?awesomecompany?"

2015-12-01

"I usually get my dog food shipped on autoship but didn't need an upcoming shipment so I cancelled it. Somehow it was sent out anyhow. I called the company and offered to send it back to recieve a refund. They told me to keep the bag and they would just credit my account. We donated it to our local animal shelter who was in need of dog food. Today, I recieved a shipment that I had been expecting but there was a hole in the bag so I called the company to ask if they thought it would be safe to use. They told me to salvage what I could and they would send out another bag free of charge even after I offered to at least pay shipping. I highly recomend this company. Their prices are very competitive. They're honest and always ready and willing to help their customers."

2015-11-28

"nice page I have never meet on the internet,just find more things that i love,so i will try the senior dating site seniorpeoplehookup.com find more goods and meet more friends,that is a good webs"

2015-11-20

"This company is awesome and has excellent customer service. They have gone above and beyond to help us with our orders and replacing items even if the error was our fault. Thanks Chewy.com for being kind to your customers"

This review was modified by DOGANDCAT8 on November 20 2015 12:57:15 PM

2015-11-04

"I've been ordering my dog and cat foods from Mr Chewy for a couple of years now. I order cases of canned food for both dogs and cat and 7-30lb bags of dry foods. Initially when i ordered canned food they where just placed in the box as is and shipped, as a case...often resulting in dented cans. However over the last year or so, they have made an improvement. They now place a fitted cardboard "top" over the top of the case of cans, covering and protecting them. No dented cans!! I get my shipments every 4 weeks and have on several occasions. requested shipment a few days to a week early....it always arrives within 2 days!!! On one occasion I was missing an item...i simply called MR CHEWY and they immediately shipped the item to me. No questions asked. They even send us Christmas cards at the holidays!! I love MR CHEWY and don't see myself changing the way i buy my pet foods EVAH!!! "

2015-10-28

"All I can say is WOW! We are so grateful to have found this website, we save on average compared to other stores at least $15 on cases of food. This allows us to buy more treats and other supplies we need and the quick shipping puts the cherry on top with this company! Very satisfied and highly recommended to others. When products were received they looked BETTER than any cans we have purchased from a store, no dents and the label was perfect with no tearing. "

Share Chewy.com's store rating

Chewy.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Chewy.com is not a merchant member
Chewy.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!