• Chewy.com Chewy.com Elite Status

Product & services pricing Rating 9.68/10 9.68/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 9.30/10 9.30/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 9.63/10 9.63/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 9.67/10 9.67/10

" I have to say that my family nor I have ever come across any retailer that goes above and beyond their jobs. Our dog passed away a week ago and we contacted chewy.com to return one of the bags of food we had ordered, They were not worried about the return of the merchandise , but rather about us grieving and our concerns. Diane was absolutely amazing and lending ear and had such a soothing and calming effect. Most of all chewy did not end with the reimbursement of our dogs purchases, but today we had received a beautiful flower bouquet from them. This company is amazing in so many ways, the people , their caring for your pets, their products and speeding shipping. I could not ask for a better company. We have adopted another pet from the shelter, so I will only deal with chewy from now on..Thank you for being their in our time of need. "

"We've been so impressed with Chewy.com's pricing, subscription services, and customer service!! Free shipping on litter? Super convenient. Recently when our cats had to change diet, we had just received a subscribed shipment of 2 bags of food. They issued us a full refund on the food and we didn't even have to ship it back! They said to donate it to a local shelter!

Simply don't see this level of service these days. I want to throw money at them now! Certainly earned my loyalty!

"It took them SIX days to contact my vet about my dogs prescription food,and YES, I supplied all the needed info when I placed the order! Ill go to Petsmart and pay the extra instead of dealing with these incompetents!"

"Initially I was skeptical of an online pet food service, but I have been using "chewy.com" for just short of a year now. I highly recommend them! They are extremely reliable, have great customer service, & it is easy to adjust your order at any time (I use the auto-ship option). Aside from saving on the dogfood itself, I also save by not purchasing "unnecessaries" since I don't have to step into a store. I'm so glad to have found "Chewy.com""

"On a recent trip to NYC for our sons wedding, we ordered a bag of dog food from Chewy. While away, we received some terrible news about our beloved Beagle, Bentley. On our way back home we went straight to the Vet hospital. We had to put our Beagle to sleep. The dog food was sitting at our front door. I called Chewy to ask about there return policy. Shannon, in the order department asked why. We told her the story, she was so genuinely sorry for our loss. She instantly said she was going to credit the cost of the food back on our credit card. Then she said she didn't want it back, just promise to donate it to an animal shelter. THAT IS CUSTOMER SERVICE !!! Thank you Shannon for your compassion... Thank you Chewy for training your people to be human beings first. Buy from Chewy.. They treat their customers right!!"

"I have been ordering through chewy .com for several months & have never had a problem with the delivery or Customer Service.They are always friendly & accurate with the prices & product shipped.Due to the passing of my cat they went out of there way to refund my last order & told me to donate the food.I donated the food to Pet Supplies Plus & was only asking for the $10.00 back on unopened bag of food.The lady said I"m sure you"ve been through enough & I"M going to just refund the whole order.I am totally happy that they even thought of my feelings & would recommend Chewy.Com Service to everyone.......Thank You Again for all your concern & help......"

"I purchased vitamins for my 12 year old lab/retriever and they shipped to me the next day. I ended up ordering for feline instead of dogs so I called and they refunded me the money and asked if I could donate the package to a local shelter. I thought that was absolutely great and very heart-warming. I will definitely order from them for whatever else my dog will need. Great price, great customer service and tons of products to chose from. Highly recommend!"

"Great service and good value"

"The telephone specialist was very helpful. We were looking for another food for my dog because there was a question if he was allergic to fowl products.
I was ordering a small bag to see how he would process a different protein.

"Hands down the best customer service I've ever experienced! I ordered the wrong sized bowls for my dog, and called to set up a return so that I could get the next size. Not only did they give me a refund for the item, but they allowed me to donate the bowls to a local shelter instead of returning it! They quickly helped me order a new bowl and then waved the shipping fees for it! The customer service rep was very nice, and took care of business quickly. This company is always fast at getting products sent out, and I couldn't be happier with them!"

"I have ALWAYS had exceptional service with Chewy.com. They are fast, reliable, and the least expensive of all pet stores I could find both in person and online. The customer service is outstanding with wonderful operators. I have never had an issue and I use them at least once a month. Autoshipping is awesome. I order my premium dog food (cheapest you can find anywhere) and it automatically ships every 4 weeks (I set that time increment), and I no longer have to worry about running out! Plus free shipping on so many things!
They've got a customer for life.

"Thank you so much for such an awesome policy for returns! With a dog that has crazy allergies I have to change his food frequently! The person I spoke to online was awesome, helpful, and polite!! Thank you for being awesome!!"

"After reading several great reviews about this company, I decided to place an order for some cat food. I was very excited to find somewhere that sold a large variety of the food my cats eat to save me an hour trip to the nearest store that carries the same variety. I also ordered a drinking fountain because the price was half of what it is in the local pet stores! Too good to be true. I received my order on time, but the items were packaged so poorly that the box was damaged and so were several items inside. I only opened 2 cases of the food and half of each case had dented cans. Some were so badly dented that the seals were broken and the liquid from the cans had leaked out. This did not smell good. I am incredibly disappointed with this experience and will now have to continue to drive an hour to the nearest store to purchase the food. I will say that the customer service representative was fantastic. She was professional, empathetic and took care of the return process quickly. Kudos to the customer service team. The shipping department needs some work."

"Outstanding service! I called yesterday and inquired what to do with a bag of dog food with little raw meat in it (Natural's Variety). I was surprised to talk with a nicest associate in 2 rings. I was advised no need to return the item and I can donate it to the local shelter. I will receive a new shipment in two business days but I received it today! Also it's so cool to receive a warmest greeting card from Chewy.com that I don't think the other online companies would do that. Keep up the excellent job! Chewy.com!

PS: The new shipment was full of raw meat that I believe the previous one was the last badge of the assembly line! My furry friend, a dutch shepherd loves them and her coat became shinier and healthier.

"I am in love with this store! They have a mind bogglingly huge selection and very competitive prices. The shipping is fast and sturdy (my old catfood supplier, the cans usually arrived with at least 1/10 of them dented, but Chewy's has special cardboard protectors to keep flats of cans safe). I enjoy the website. Unlike some sites my shopping cart waits patiently for me if I am busy & take a few days to finish selecting my items, rather than zeroing out each night. The navigation is super easy. Leaving and reading reviews is also super easy.
The only time I ever had a problem it wasn't their fault but they bent over backwards to make amends. A dried salmon treat was sold in plastic tubs and once the box contents shifted in transit, the tub got a bit compressed & split open along the side AND popped its lid, leaving salmon stink all over everything. I wrote to them just to suggest they tell the manufacturer these tubs are not cool; zipper packages are better & that's why most everyone else uses them! Anyhow, within a couple hours of my email they had sent out a replacement of the product (I never asked for that! I was able to scoop up the pieces so I wasn't out any salmon!) and when it arrived I laughed my head off at how carefully packed it was! it was in a box about 6" longer than the treat tub on each axis, with the gap filled with tons of bubblewrap, like it was a Faberge egg ha ha ha! (sadly this tub ALSO cracked open & leaked anyway, which is totally on the manufacturer for choosing these tubs- Chewy could not have packed it any more carefully).
Their great customer service, good prices, good selection, & easy-to-use site have made me a very loyal customer!

Share Chewy.com's store rating

Chewy.com is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Chewy.com is a merchant member
Chewy.com participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 2,715 merchant members.