• Chewy.com Chewy.com Elite Status

Shipping & packaging: Rating 9.46/10 9.46/10
    Customer service: Rating 9.75/10 9.75/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 9.66/10 9.66/10

2015-07-17

"Hands down the best customer service I've ever experienced! I ordered the wrong sized bowls for my dog, and called to set up a return so that I could get the next size. Not only did they give me a refund for the item, but they allowed me to donate the bowls to a local shelter instead of returning it! They quickly helped me order a new bowl and then waved the shipping fees for it! The customer service rep was very nice, and took care of business quickly. This company is always fast at getting products sent out, and I couldn't be happier with them!"

2015-07-15

"I have ALWAYS had exceptional service with Chewy.com. They are fast, reliable, and the least expensive of all pet stores I could find both in person and online. The customer service is outstanding with wonderful operators. I have never had an issue and I use them at least once a month. Autoshipping is awesome. I order my premium dog food (cheapest you can find anywhere) and it automatically ships every 4 weeks (I set that time increment), and I no longer have to worry about running out! Plus free shipping on so many things!
They've got a customer for life."

2015-07-10

"Thank you so much for such an awesome policy for returns! With a dog that has crazy allergies I have to change his food frequently! The person I spoke to online was awesome, helpful, and polite!! Thank you for being awesome!!"

2015-06-25

"After reading several great reviews about this company, I decided to place an order for some cat food. I was very excited to find somewhere that sold a large variety of the food my cats eat to save me an hour trip to the nearest store that carries the same variety. I also ordered a drinking fountain because the price was half of what it is in the local pet stores! Too good to be true. I received my order on time, but the items were packaged so poorly that the box was damaged and so were several items inside. I only opened 2 cases of the food and half of each case had dented cans. Some were so badly dented that the seals were broken and the liquid from the cans had leaked out. This did not smell good. I am incredibly disappointed with this experience and will now have to continue to drive an hour to the nearest store to purchase the food. I will say that the customer service representative was fantastic. She was professional, empathetic and took care of the return process quickly. Kudos to the customer service team. The shipping department needs some work."

2015-06-20

"Outstanding service! I called yesterday and inquired what to do with a bag of dog food with little raw meat in it (Natural's Variety). I was surprised to talk with a nicest associate in 2 rings. I was advised no need to return the item and I can donate it to the local shelter. I will receive a new shipment in two business days but I received it today! Also it's so cool to receive a warmest greeting card from Chewy.com that I don't think the other online companies would do that. Keep up the excellent job! Chewy.com!

PS: The new shipment was full of raw meat that I believe the previous one was the last badge of the assembly line! My furry friend, a dutch shepherd loves them and her coat became shinier and healthier. "

2015-06-18

"I am in love with this store! They have a mind bogglingly huge selection and very competitive prices. The shipping is fast and sturdy (my old catfood supplier, the cans usually arrived with at least 1/10 of them dented, but Chewy's has special cardboard protectors to keep flats of cans safe). I enjoy the website. Unlike some sites my shopping cart waits patiently for me if I am busy & take a few days to finish selecting my items, rather than zeroing out each night. The navigation is super easy. Leaving and reading reviews is also super easy.
The only time I ever had a problem it wasn't their fault but they bent over backwards to make amends. A dried salmon treat was sold in plastic tubs and once the box contents shifted in transit, the tub got a bit compressed & split open along the side AND popped its lid, leaving salmon stink all over everything. I wrote to them just to suggest they tell the manufacturer these tubs are not cool; zipper packages are better & that's why most everyone else uses them! Anyhow, within a couple hours of my email they had sent out a replacement of the product (I never asked for that! I was able to scoop up the pieces so I wasn't out any salmon!) and when it arrived I laughed my head off at how carefully packed it was! it was in a box about 6" longer than the treat tub on each axis, with the gap filled with tons of bubblewrap, like it was a Faberge egg ha ha ha! (sadly this tub ALSO cracked open & leaked anyway, which is totally on the manufacturer for choosing these tubs- Chewy could not have packed it any more carefully).
Their great customer service, good prices, good selection, & easy-to-use site have made me a very loyal customer!"

2015-06-10

"chewy is amazing i ordered products from them and one of the boxes did not contain everything i contacted them and within 30 min a new shipment was sent free of charge. customer service is best i have ever dealt with and shipping is fast and free. Will never shop pet products with anyone else ever again"

2015-06-09

"First time ordering from this site. I ordered a 33lb bag of Froom Holistic dog food plus a dog toy. The toy added $8 to quality for the free shipping which starts at $49.

Chewy.com uses FedEx which was fantastic, as I was able to track the package and it arrived quickly and on time. Packaging was good and the bag (though heavy) arrived in perfect shape without damage.

I also signed up for Chewy.com's AutoShip program upon order because it saved me $11 on my order.

I especially like that I can waive or reschedule autoshipments at any time and the options are flexible. I have a growing puppy so I am still gauging his feeding needs and will continue to do so. Chewy.com makes this very easy for me.

All in all there's nothing to complain about and I will continue using Chewy.com in the future! Very satisfied with Chewy.com"

2015-06-08

"Everything was delivered as ordered right to my front door. Deliveries are very prompt."

2015-06-08

"Awesome products and service!"

2015-06-07

"Pet Smart and Petco don't stock enough product locally. I tried oredering on line from both and received more than 60 dented cans out of 96 from both.
Ordered from chewy.com and not a can was damaged. Price was right, shipment was quick. I'm hooked on Chewy."

2015-06-06

"Simply the best!! I don't have enough time to list all the reasons why this place is awesome! Just take my word for it!! I don't go anywhere else for anything I can buy from Chewy. The staff is especially super doper awesomely awesome. Love you guys and gals!!"

2015-05-17

"I've been ordering from Chewy.com for more than a year. They are the VERY best company for pet supplies I have ever used. My kitty passed away from kidney failure and I had 2 cases of his food left which is pricey, but Chewy had the best prices. I called and asked if I could return them as I couldn't use them. They told me to please donate the food to a local shelter, which I did, AND they refunded me the cost of the food!! This is a huge company, and it's in America, AND THEY TRUELY CARE!! We must support this company. After calling to ask them this, about 4 hours later, on my front porch was a Big Beautiful Bouquet of flowers expressing Chewy's sympathy for the passing of my boy? Do you know of any company that does this? EVER? I don't. I was blown away. I already loved them, but this secured it forever. The have the best customer service I have ever had the pleasure of dealing with. Other companies could learn alot from Chewy and their policies. They have the best prices, the best customer service, and they care about you and your beloved pets! I LOVE YOU CHEWY.COM!! Thank you for caring about us. NO. CHEWY DID NOT ASK ME TO WRITE THIS REVIEW."

2015-05-13

"I am completely blown away by this company! The online ordering is incredibly easy and orders ship in record time! I ended up having an issue with my shipment and the customer service team squared me away right away. I can't think of another online retailer that has this level of service. Love this company and will be doing ALL of my pet shopping with Chewy."

2015-05-09

"I can't express how much I love Chewy.com! I get autoshipments from them every few weeks for my dog and cat food, which saves me time, money, and a little sanity because I don't have to go to the store for food anymore (or remember that we're low or risk running out). I also can't say enough for their selection and prices. I have a dog that is basically allergic to life, including all the fillers they normally use in dry dog food, even the limited ingredient diets, and Chewy carries so many different foods that I was able to find multiple foods she could eat without breaking the bank. Their customer service is unparalleled, too. I've never been put on hold, all of my questions are answered within minutes, and the staff is so helpful. Every now and then they even send me a handwritten postcard to say they hope we and the furkids are doing well! They've exceeded my expectations again this week by helping me on two different occasions with questions about my two separate autoships (3 dogs and a cat that eat different foods: timing gets complicated) and when I received my order from this week they included split elk bones at no cost! My dogs are happily chewing away on them right now and I was so impressed I had to write this. Thank you for everything you do Chewy! I recommend you guys to everyone!"

Share Chewy.com's store rating

Chewy.com is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Chewy.com is a merchant member
Chewy.com participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 1,847 merchant members.