Chegg Reviews - chegg.com Ratings at ResellerRatings

Write a review »
Rating 5.50/10 182 reviews

Chegg is not a merchant member
Chegg does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!

"I sold my text books to chegg, or at least I thought I did. First they quoted me a price so, I sent the books. They received them and never sent the money. Said their system crashed but the money was sent to my Serve account. Called my Serve account and they have no recored of the transaction. Still trying to get paid for the books, So I can afford the next set of book. I won't be using Chegg ever again."

modified review This review was modified by EdMurray69 on May 22 2013 02:01:01 PM

"Chegg has the worst customer service I have ever experienced. I have called numerous times about my ebooks not working properly and the problem has never been fixed. I need these books for school and have been forced to buy several books twice as a result of this issue when my initial reason for purchasing ebooks was to save money. I have spent about as much money as I would have if I bought the books brand new at my school's bookstore. I am completely and utterly disappointed with the product, and worse, with the obvious ways Chegg tries to keep customers in the dark. When viewing my account page, there is no way to see when I purchased a book or when is the last day to return it for a refund. Why? Is that some kind of trick that prevents unhappy customers from getting their money back? Not only this, but Chegg buries their phone number on its website. In order to be able to see it, you have to first select the issue you are having from a list and then try to fix it yourself. Then, when you finally get the phone number and call, the representatives are inexperienced and unmotivated. I had better luck using Google to answer my questions. As a business student, a consumer, and a human being, this is completely unsatisfactory to me. And because of this, I am going out of my way to create a profile on a website that I will never use again to post this review so no other students find themselves in a similar situation. I will never use Chegg again, plain and simple. I wouldn't recommend them to my worst enemy. Chegg could learn a thing or two from Zappos' business model, where the customer actually comes first."

"Chegg couldn't have made the process of renting a book easier. I simply searched for the book I needed on the website, made the commitment to purchase the rental, the book arrived in less than a week - and either way, I had internet access to the book while I waited - I used the book, placed it back in the box it came in, went on the website to purchase my return UPS shipping label, dropped it off at a nearby UPS location where a receipt was printed and I have received emails with updates since letting me know what's going on. I can't believe how efficient Chegg is. I am not even going to consider other sites. I trust Chegg completely. Thank you for a ridiculously smooth transaction & experience. "

"Too much transparency and expensive. "

"Chegg is amazing. I rented books from them two semesters in a row, and their rates were far better than most other retailers. Their service is very easy to use, no shipping costs when returning the books, they usually come in great condition (recently got one that was a bit sub-par, but still certainly usable), arrive quickly, their estimated arrival times are accurate, etc. What really impressed me is how I actually get three full weeks to return a book for a full refund, no questions asked. I took advantage of this, actually surpassed the three week period by a few days, and they still gave me my refund after I sent a simple 10 minute E-mail that didn't even describe the problem. It was all automatic, and I didn't have to intervene at all. If you find a book for cheaper, then sure, shop elsewhere, otherwise, I highly recommend Chegg.com for renting books."

Rating 4/102/5

"Rental rates are sometimes more, sometimes less w/ Chegg and when I find they are less, it is not w/ great happiness that I opt to order from them. They're approach to customer service is severely lacking leaving me w/ a hate/love relationship w/ the company. Fearing more unexpected charges on my credit card, I will only rent from Chegg if the textbook cannot be found for rent elsewhere. "

"Your service is great! I would use it again as well as recommend it to others.

Rating 4/102/5

"I was happy with Chegg until recently. I understand them charging a fee for overdue books to extend the rental period. BUT...it is NOT right to take out almost $300 from someone's account without a warning!! People have other bills that need to be paid and Chegg could have just charged another fee to extend the rental period and NOT wipe out someone's account of $300 dollars!! That is outrageous to charge even for an overused textbook!! Not happy with that! AND I am not happy that it takes longer the get a refund! The money should be refunded as fast as it was taken out!!"

"Chegg was a very exciting and encouraging website at first sight, and my "deal" of a story to all my broke college friends. Yet it turned out to be a big mistake. My understanding is that you charge late fees for overdue books, but without telling a struggling student that their electric bill is going to be taken from their account is filthy. I will never use or recommend this site again. Thank you."

"Great service and patience"

"Awesome experience!

The book that I received was in excellent condition and return process was very smooth. Certainly recommend.

"So far so good! I rented a textbook from Chegg this semester-- for 1/3 of the price here (they sell it as loose-leaf ONLY so you can't even sell it back!!) I got it within a few days of ordering. I also sold back 4 of my books this semester. The processing was very easy for those and (unlike other reviews here) I think my check came pretty fast AND was of the correct amount! I am very pleased-- they made shipping the books very easy, so I hope the same to return my textbook! Thanks! "

Rating 8/104/5

"I was pleased with how quickly my order was shipped, but I have issues with excessive writing in one of the workbooks, however I did not lodge a formal complaint. I was particularly impressed with the professionalism and prompt return of the refund for two books I did not need. I was very unhappy to pay additional ten dollar shipping on the unused books, and I wish the discount offers which came after my current order could be applied this term, but it is a good way to ensure a return customer for next semeste. I am extremely pleased with CHEGG among other book rental companies such as bookrenter.com and college book renter as well as the local bookstores, so I definitely recommend CHEGG above any other. Thank you, and great job!"

modified review This review was modified by andreaangel on January 27 2013 01:44:51 PM

"I ordered a book with an access and etext, payed extra for immediate shipping since I needed the book within the week. The book came in late, along with no access code and etext. I'm unhappy and I need this resolved fast. Either they need to ship me the rest of the materials fast, or not charge me to ship back and give me a full refund."

"Excellent place to rent books for college. Much cheaper than buying books. The books arrive quickly and in great condition. It is so easy to order, receive, and ship them back when I am done using them. The customer service is excellent. It is very easy to set up an extention for returning books. I found out I did not need a book after I ordered one and it was so easy to send back and get my refund. Thank you, Chegg! We love Chegg!"

modified review This review was modified by llangen on January 24 2013 07:39:45 PM