• Chegg

Chance of future purchase: Rating 5.67/10 5.67/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 6.20/10 6.20/10
    Customer service: Rating 5.21/10 5.21/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 5.29/10 5.29/10

"DO NOT SELL YOUR BOOK TO CHEGG. I SENT THEM A NEW BOOK (BARELY TOUCHED). THEY SENT ME AN EMAIL SAYING THEY'VE RECEIVED THE BOOK BUT NO FOLLOW-UP EMAILS. I LOGGED-IN TO MY ACCOUNT AND IT CLAIMED THAT THE BOOK HAS BEEN DONATED. THEY DID NOT EVEN SEND E-MAIL TO TELL ME THAT THE BOOK CANNOT BE ACCEPTED AND THE BOOK IS WORTH MORE THAN $100. I'M PISSED AT THIS SCAM SITE. NOW THERE'S NOTHING I CAN DO ABOUT IT! THAT'S WHY THEY KEEP DOING THIS TO US.
Back

"Im writing this review because I cant write my paper due to the fact that cheggs ebook viewer is down so now I get a zero o a major paper and it cost me hundreds of dollars do i get a refun or discount nope, theyre just sorry! what a fucking joke!!!!! chegg worst site ever!!!! If i could give zero I would!!!"

"Books are always shipped quickly and in good shape. Returns are super easy and prices are great. 5????????????????????"

modified review This review was modified by charlutz84 on February 25 2015 11:18:57 AM

"Chegg is a rip off. I rented two books. The UPS driver left a notice saying a signature was required so I had to drive 45 minutes to get my book because I had class during the day when he would redeliver the package. The other book was returned without ANY notification. Last year, my son returned two books to Chegg on time last Dec. When he checked on the status, Chegg representative said they were behind in processing the book returns and he would not be charged. Unfortunately, he was charged a $7 late fee for each book automatically without his knowledge. In turn, the bank charged my son a $35 overdraft fee for EACH late fee. So, he incurred a $70 charge for Chegg's representative stupidity. The card has been canceled. Horrible customer service, manager never called to explain. Save time and hassle, buy your books from a local bookstore or reputable source-a company that cares about their customers. "

modified review This review was modified by jnilly51 on February 18 2015 03:21:38 PM

"I have found Chegg to (usually) be the most inexpensive company to rent my textbooks from. The customer service staff is amazing, helpful and the orders ship quickly. Returning the textbook is a breeze and free - what more could I ask for? I will continue to rent from Chegg in the future. "

modified review This review was modified by Hardworkinggirl on February 16 2015 08:24:52 AM

"I have been nothing but satisfied with Chegg's excellent customer service.
I had to return a few books this semester due to have a copy of one and ordering the wrong books. I received a full refund and when I asked questions about that status of my refund I was amazed with how quickly Chegg's customer service staff responded.
If I were to find books a few bucks cheaper than Chegg I don't recommend on purchasing/renting from any other source. Its worth the great service!
Thank you for excellent and efficient service!

modified review This review was modified by ashleyborrero on February 09 2015 01:30:16 PM

"Thanks Chegg for sending my important textbook for class to some other address! 0/5 will NEVER order again."

"CHEGG has made college textbooks affordable! This company has the fastest shipping to delivery system in place that I have ever experienced! The fact that they care about the environment & reuse shipping boxes makes it even better!! I saved $776.34!That's crazyyy! I LOVE CHEGG!!!"

"I had a great experience with Chegg! I needed all of my books by the next day and i ordered them off this website and got them the very next day! My books were in perfect condition. They also give you free stuff like red bulk and a free months worth of Hulu Plus. I was really impressed with this website because I saved over $200 by switching to Chegg.com. I'm getting my books here every semester! "

modified review This review was modified by sabp95 on January 15 2015 05:04:58 PM

" I am extremely disappointed with Chegg and how they conduct textbook buybacks. I bought a book from them last semester and it came in pretty rough condition. After the semester was done, I sold the book back to Chegg in the exact same condition they sent it to me in, and was guaranteed $17.70 for it. After a month, I hadn't received my check, so I looked up my orders. According to my account, the transaction never happened. I was extremely confused, as I remembered sending it off and printing out the receipt.
I spent 20 minutes waiting for a rep to chat with. When they did answer, I was told they filed the book under "poor condition" and sent it to be recycled, so I would receive no money back.
My complaint is: I paid over $50 for that book and expected any socially responsible business to send it to me in fair shape, so for you to charge me for a book you deemed "unacceptable" and then not accept it when I return it in the same condition you sold it to me for, is just ridiculous. Secondly, you can't just erase an order, hoping I'll forget it happened. It was a formal transaction, so keep it in "my orders" on the website and give me an explanation for why you received a $50 book I sent you and didn't think you needed to tell me I wouldn't be getting any money back. Shame on you, Chegg. Pitiful.

modified review This review was modified by Whit_10 on January 15 2015 12:14:58 PM

"I have and will continue to recommend Chegg.com to PVCC classmates. "

"Worst Customer Service fromChegg's Twitter: @CheggHelp. They selectively choose who they want to reply to. I can see their feed growing and they are replying to other customers, and yet they have not replied to me since I asked for help three days ago. Too bad I already ordered an e-book from them, but I will return it if I have to keep facing such horrible customer service."

modified review This review was modified by consumeran on January 13 2015 10:01:25 AM

"First off, thanks to Chegg for the free red bull, tide pod and free month subscription to Hulu! The book came in 3 days, and I love how the return label is online and not with the package because I would lose that thing in a day. Great company and a great way to save some cash!"

"Amazing! I received my book in time for class. Really thought I was SOL by renting my book 5 days before class started. The ordering process was super easy, shipping was fast, and I got some awesome things in my box! My packing slip gave me all the information as to where the closest UPS is and all. Thank you Chegg for being SO amazing! I will see you next quarter!!!"

modified review This review was modified by laurelbell on January 07 2015 11:15:48 AM

"the return shipping label should be included within the package instead of customers having to print it out"

Share Chegg's store rating

Chegg is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Chegg is not a merchant member
Chegg does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!