• Chegg

Chance of future purchase: Rating 6.75/10 6.75/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 6.17/10 6.17/10
    Customer service: Rating 5.43/10 5.43/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 5.24/10 5.24/10

"THe process you require to purchase a book that was just rented is idiotic! "

"My issue was that the book I bought stated that it came with the "code card"; and while it did come with a card for the online portion of the class, that card had been used.

It was only after reading the fine print that "Chegg"' stated to only expect a usable code card when buying "new" regardless of what the renter had stated.

Other than that this being my first experience with Chegg it seemed like a good company to deal with.

"Prices aren't always the best but for the most part they have every book and always ship in good condition. The most recent book I bought was set to arrive in a week and it came in 3 days which was extremely helpful because I had an assignment due in 5! Thanks Chegg and keep up the awesome shipping."

"I was a little skeptical because I had never heard of this company. But they have exceeded my greatest expectations. The prices for the books were very cheap also the books I ordered came 2 days ahead of schedule which pleased me because I ordered them late. Also they enclosed some sample laundry detergent and another goodie for the dorm room. Thanks Chegg I will be referring you to my friends. "

"Chegg never warned me about the date at which my textbooks would arrive. AFTER I bought the books and everything I finally get a notification saying that more than half of my textbooks would arrive a week later...while the other half would arrive in the next two days. Also, after purchasing a workbook from chegg I get an email 10 mins later explaining that it was on backorder and that I would be refunded. I mean the refund is great and all but they could have told me that it was on backorder BEFORE i went through the whole process of buying it. Im sticking with amazon from now on, since students get 6 months of free one or two day shipping which is great when you switch classes last minute. Also on amazon you can just put in the ISBN number and the book pops up while with chegg its basically a mess to find a book with just the ISBN.I found that most of the books are cheaper on amazon if they are very popular compared to chegg. I would not recommend chegg for the fact that they seem very disorganized. "

"Overall, renting textbooks from Chegg is a painless experience. Website is easy to maneuver on, items easy to find, receive books quickly and the reminder service about due dates is great. Printed out the return label and off it went. Great service. "

This review was modified by NancyJIG on August 20 2015 07:17:42 AM

"THANK YOU CHEGG!CHEGG IS A LIFE SAVERRRR FOR STUDENTS WHO NEED TO SAVE TIME AND MONEY WITH BOOKSTORE PRICES AND WAITING IN THOSE LONG LINES, PLUS THEY ALWAYS SEND YOU FREE TREATS WITH YOUR BOOKS LIKE AN ENERGY DRINK, PEN, NOTEBOOK, ETC, SO AWESOME!FREE SHIPPING TO RETURN BOOKS ALONG WITH THE EXTENDED DATE TO RETURN IS AMAZING!!!LOVE LOVE LOVEEE CHEGG!"

"Awesome customer service!"

This review was modified by Yeleina on August 18 2015 03:08:45 PM

"I loved ordering from Chegg it was fast and easy not to mention inexpensive! I also loved the reminder email of the approaching due date! I will definitely use Chegg again."

"Have ordered 2 semesters of books from Chegg and it has worked fantastically well, and saved me a ton of money. They even seem to include small gifts every now and then, like starbucks doubleshots or razor vouchers! Very happy with my experience with them and I plan on continuing to use them through the end of college."

This review was modified by jsignman on August 14 2015 12:06:20 PM

"The books were in decent condition. The shipping was fast and the price reasonable."

This review was modified by smaisle4me on August 13 2015 01:38:17 AM

"I have taken city college classes for personal enrichment for the last 20 years. One of the biggest deterrents has been the oppressively high cost of books. Chegg's book rental system has put an end to that. They have a great selection of text books and the ease of rent and return will make me a repeat customer."

"Trouble free ordering, book in great condition and easy return. "

"Chegg is rhe best thing i have have found for all my school books that i need. Renting books is cheap, quick, and simple plus returning them is fast and makes everything easy for u to get ur books back on time. Since iv started using chegg i have never had any problems with find books for school ever again.
Thank You Chegg u guys are awesome!
Highly recommend for anyone who's attending college to try them out.

This review was modified by TValles on August 10 2015 10:13:30 PM

"I love Chegg. I really don't know how to say how great this company is. Returning books is a breeze. I order books for myself and my husband. Its fits my budget and allows me the time I need to return the books. THE BEST EVER!!!"

This review was modified by TeresaWilliams64 on August 07 2015 06:06:19 AM

Share Chegg's store rating

Chegg is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Chegg is not a merchant member
Chegg does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!