Stores > Chegg

Customer service: Rating 8.80/10 8.80/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 9.10/10 9.10/10

2016-08-18

High five to chegg

"Could not ask for a better experience (thanks chegg) never change your values,thanks again."

2016-08-17

Best Rental Site !

"Always On Time, Always Good Quality Books, Free and Easy Returns, Never a Hassle or Problem unlike some of the other rental sites!"

2016-08-07

Snooze you lose

"Who ever came up with this idea deserves a gold medal. Service is fast and dependable. I love this company!"

2016-08-04

Super easy super cheap

"First time I used chegg was for my summer chemistry class, way cheaper than any other options and easy return. Will be doing the same thing again for next semester. "

2016-07-20

The chicken or the egg?

"More like the best prices or the best service?
I think both!

2016-07-12

Best Con Around

"I rented a book from Chegg and that experience was great. The book I received had highlighter marks - minimal - no tears, no water damage and normal wear and tear from opening and handling the book itself, great price and return was simple. I would rate that experience as a 10.

HOWEVER, when I attempted to sell a book that Chegg provided an estimated $38 for I followed the criteria given by Chegg to determine the shape of my book. According to the list of standards my book was considered good-very good. Minimal highlights, no tears, no water damage, normal wear and tear just as the one I had previously rented from Chegg.

I was told payment would be processed within 5-10 days and then in small print I see that if I receive no communication and do not check the status within 14 days they will consider my book to have been abandoned. I called customer service on July 11, 2016 and was informed that they had received the book on the 6th of July but that they determined it was not in good condition and would not be following through with any change of money and that they would dispose of the book for me (yeah right) So I requested to have my book returned to me only to receive an email today stating that I can have my book back for the shipping fee of $6.99. Sounds to me like Chegg is used to taking advantage of people on the college student budget and while $6.99 isn't a bank breaking amount, the principal of the matter is priceless.

Number one the book isn't in poor condition - is exactly as you described a good conditioned book! Which is why I checked the criteria prior to making the transaction.
Number two you aren't going to dispose of the book - you're going to keep it and rent it out or resale it.
Number three it shouldn't be my responsibility to pay you to give me my book back unless I was clearly mistaken by the description of the books you accept; which I was not.

This is a well set up con to receive books for renting out and reselling to other individuals. Well played Chegg.

2016-07-12

All done, all done!!!

"I love the prices Chegg charges to rent textbooks. I just wish I had found out about them, years ago."

2016-07-07

Don't be a sucker!!!

"Don't be a sucker and fall into the trap of paying those insane sky high book prices at the college bookstore. Choose Chegg instead!!! I'm very happy about saving 263 dollars on the cost of just one biology book alone. "

This review was modified by LAH64 on July 07 2016 11:50:22 AM

2016-07-07

Very Accomodating!

"I had moved and misplaced my books in one of the many boxes. I was charged for the books because I went passed the return date deadline. When I found the books, the Chegg representative emailed me a shipping label, had me mail it back and my money was processed and returned just like they said. Hassle free! :-)"

This review was modified by Mamabear1 on July 07 2016 06:06:45 AM

2016-06-29

Do it!!!!!

"If you have any reservations about ordering books from this company, please set them aside. This is a cheap and efficient way to get text books. My daughter discovered this website a few years ago and loved it. So when I decided to return to school, I knew exactly where I would get my books!!! Books arrive quickly and in great condition."

2016-06-29

Very prompt !

"Returned my book, and refund was processed right away!"

2016-06-21

Say YES to Chegg

"This was my very first time using Chegg for ordering books for school. Chegg was very easy to work with-- not to mention the books were priced at an affordable rate! Even when I missed the deadline, they extended it for FREE. Any concerns or questions I had with using Chegg, they made it easy to find solutions. I will definitely be using them again. "

2016-06-20

Awesome Experience

"Renting made it easy and affordable, the return process was seamless."

2016-06-16

Love them!

"I love the phone calls and fun extra gifts that come with renting my textbooks. It's extra incentives like a tide pod and red bull that keep me renting and recommending chegg to my peers. "

This review was modified by Neumanc on June 16 2016 06:08:34 AM

2016-06-15

Chegg - Tops For Books!

"Chef usually has what we need and at terrific prices on rentals! Chegg reminds me when something needs to be returned and having the label provided creates the best scenario ever for returns! Very pleased! "

Share Chegg's store rating

Chegg is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Chegg is not a merchant member
Chegg does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!