• Chegg

Chance of future purchase: Rating 6.54/10 6.54/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 5.77/10 5.77/10
    Customer service: Rating 5.05/10 5.05/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 4.64/10 4.64/10

"Ordered book week in advance and it was supposed to arrive the second day of class. I got a confirmation email and everything and it never shipped. I ended up having to use someone elses book and when I finally contacted them it still took another 2 weeks. The price was not very good either. The book was emergency care 13th edition."

"This was my first time ever renting anything. I had no problem receiving or returning my book. I will definitely use them again if the price is right!"

"one of the worst sites ever. I wouldnt recommend anyone to subscribe for them. "

"When necessary, I will rent all text books from Chegg and will recommend them. By far one of the best and most professional rental agencies I've gotten textbooks from. I especially enjoyed the fact that the book I rented was not written in, marked up or falling apart."

This review was modified by Caligirl62 on September 25 2015 08:42:59 AM

"My boyfriend used the Chegg to sell used books and we will definitely not use it again. Among the competitors cash4books and sellbackyourbook, Chegg was the only one who has not fulfilled the deadline to send the payment, which is absurd because we fulfill deadlines for sending the books. Anyway, after they received the books they sent an email saying that the payment would arrive in 10 business days. However, we have not received anything within that period, thus, my boyfriend got in touch with them through Facebook and they said that they were sorry and despite the email said 10 business days as a deadline to receive the payment, the deadline would be 15 business days. I found this disrespectful, I was thinking about renting books with them for this quarter but I changed my mind because I do not trust companies that do not meet the deadlines set by themselves."

This review was modified by Cami89 on September 24 2015 05:07:07 PM

"I rented a book and never received it. Causing me to get behind in a class and eventually having to drop it. This will be the LAST time I ever rent from Chegg and I will be asking for a refund. Doesn't even deserve a rating."

This review was modified by AshleyDR24 on September 11 2015 05:45:58 PM

"I was very unimpressed with the poor service I received as a whole. The wait time to get in touch with a representative from Chegg to discuss my problem was a 20 minute wait time, which in my mind is not something that is any way satisfying. I also wasn't able to resolve the issue regarding my book, so I had to return my book and hope I can in some way get my money back. I am sad to say my first experience with Chegg will be the last."

This review was modified by brown.alyssa on September 10 2015 09:20:48 PM

"I ordered 2 textbooks and paid $20 for expedited shipping. My textbooks just "weren't sent" and were claimed to be forgotten about. No tracking update was given and apparently the books just did not get sent out at all. I asked if someone could please send them and refund part of my payment given that I was now screwed for my class. I ended u canceling my order because nothing was offered.. awful service and I will never return."

This review was modified by xolscxx on September 05 2015 12:53:06 PM

"I'm so done with Chegg. So very disappointed with their customer service. Than if that isn't bad enough UPS is just as bad. No one can tell me where my book is. I did an online tracking on ups it said I was suppose to get my book by 3pm today. Ha I call UPS they tell me Chegg hadn't shipped the book to them to ship to me.
I call Chegg they tell me UPS doesn't Scan sometimes.
No one can tell me where my book is.
The lies I was told when I first ordered I would get a 7 day free trial until my book comes.
I just emailed my professor told her if my book is not here by Wednesday I will cancel my class.
I will not graduate this year thanks to Chegg.

On top of that if I ever get my book my first exam is 9/14 closed book. I will fail miserably thanks to Chegg. I was hoping to use today to study once I got my book. I spent the entire day on the phone with Chegg, and UPS. Got no where.
Never again I mean never again will I use Chegg.
I turned them into Better Business bureau as well.
They just tell me to keep on spending my Mom's money. Until my book arrives. They don't offer free ebook until the book comes.
Everyone is so sorry that I have to cancel my class.
I'm done and done with Chegg. Will tell everyone not to use them.
Up until now I was satisfied with them.
It is Holiday weekend to make it worse. I will have to post pone vacation to see if my book comes. Cancel class if it doesn't, not graduate if book doesn't come by Tuesday.

Order at your own risk but I think something changed with Chegg no longer the same company I started use.
I just want someone to own up to the fact that I won't get my book. Everyone just says I'm so so sorry. I'm done with all the sorry's I just want my book.

Such a lie about 7day trial when I ordered it said I would get it today I was told I wouldn't.

so done with Chegg

"I love Chegg great pices for my textbooks, and they offer expedited shipping, and although UPS forgot my textbook, Chegg still refunded my shipping! Book still came on time and had cool nik-naks inside plus mt book was in great condition. Def recommend and will use again! =] A+++ "

"THe process you require to purchase a book that was just rented is idiotic! "

"My issue was that the book I bought stated that it came with the "code card"; and while it did come with a card for the online portion of the class, that card had been used.

It was only after reading the fine print that "Chegg"' stated to only expect a usable code card when buying "new" regardless of what the renter had stated.

Other than that this being my first experience with Chegg it seemed like a good company to deal with.

"Prices aren't always the best but for the most part they have every book and always ship in good condition. The most recent book I bought was set to arrive in a week and it came in 3 days which was extremely helpful because I had an assignment due in 5! Thanks Chegg and keep up the awesome shipping."

"I was a little skeptical because I had never heard of this company. But they have exceeded my greatest expectations. The prices for the books were very cheap also the books I ordered came 2 days ahead of schedule which pleased me because I ordered them late. Also they enclosed some sample laundry detergent and another goodie for the dorm room. Thanks Chegg I will be referring you to my friends. "

Share Chegg's store rating

Chegg is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Chegg is not a merchant member
Chegg does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!