• Chegg

Chance of future purchase: Rating 4.83/10 4.83/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 5.54/10 5.54/10
    Customer service: Rating 4.72/10 4.72/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 4.58/10 4.58/10

"Chegg is a very unethical company. They offer some free tutoring service whenever you make your order so obviously a fair amount of people are just going to check the box next to "do you want a "free trial" of Chegg's tutoring service?" but what they don't mention is that after a month or so when the free trial is over they automatically charge your card around $20 for the continuation of the tutoring. A normal company with any sense of ethics would require the explicit permission of the customer before continuing the tutoring service and charging them. Chegg, however, is not such a company. I will definitely not be using them again."

"I came across Chegg by searching for textbooks online, I have to say that every book I have rented has been in great condition and a very reasonable rental price."

"I have had two bad experiences with Chegg and I am done ordering with them. Don't waste your time to buy any books or sell them back. The first experience was that my books was shipped late and I had to drive home an hour to get my books when they finally arrived. This was last year in the fall semester. Now I am taking a summer class and I ordered my book on May 17th and they claim that they sent out the book the next day. I don't think they did because my book didn't leave the warehouse until the 21st. I have two assignments due for my summer class this Saturday, the 23rd and now I can't do them on time because of Chegg. I am very angry with Chegg and got my shipping cost refunded! If I could, I would rate chegg 0/5. Not worth ordering from them! I also went to sell a book back for money and they said it wasn't in acceptable condition to get any money back so I got no money back and it was labeled as a donation. I had another book that I got a quote for and it said that it was worth 4.46. I went to get another quote a week later and now it was only 2.26!!!! Chegg is a RIP OFF!!!! Don't buy anything from them!"

"This company is the biggest scam ever. I am a statistics student and I could not find one tutor to answer my questions correctly. In fact, most tutors just declined to help because it was too much work! Why are they on the website to begin with? I got 1-2 tutors after 15 minutes of waiting, only to end up with wrong answers with complete unprofessionalism. On top of that, after I requested a refund of $36.00 which I had no idea I was charged because I thought it was a free trial (fine print BS) these guy's ended up charging me another $72.00 for excess usage of their services!!! LOL how ridiculous when I barely used their services. And forget about dealing with this company, they have 3 different people emailing you asking you for an explanation as to what went wrong...it is such a tedious task dealing with this company because they are the middle man and do not deal with the tutors directly, they have another company called "InstaEDU" that actually runs the show from the tutors side of things. I do not generally write reviews about other companies but this has to be one of the worst companies I have ever dealt with while seeking professional help. Save your time and do not deal with this company, there are other companies out there that are much cheaper and easier to work with. "

modified review This review was modified by Taher52 on May 19 2015 11:42:53 AM

"Chegg and InstaEdu run a bait and click scam. They designed their website so that new students can interact with the site in every which way except get lessons. When they realize this, they have invested time and effort and the student has little choice but to comply. This is a manipulation trick. Tutors are mean and unhelpful."

modified review This review was modified by ega3600 on April 14 2015 05:36:25 PM

"Tutors of the Chegg are good! overall i don't like this website. They will charge you as Hour even if you used only 5-10mins. And tgere is no refund if you misunderstood some rules. yes, even it was my fault, but deal was only about 5 min questioning, and i tried to ask for refund... but, it was my fault. So don't write about misunderstanding for them"

"DO NOT SELL YOUR BOOK TO CHEGG. I SENT THEM A NEW BOOK (BARELY TOUCHED). THEY SENT ME AN EMAIL SAYING THEY'VE RECEIVED THE BOOK BUT NO FOLLOW-UP EMAILS. I LOGGED-IN TO MY ACCOUNT AND IT CLAIMED THAT THE BOOK HAS BEEN DONATED. THEY DID NOT EVEN SEND E-MAIL TO TELL ME THAT THE BOOK CANNOT BE ACCEPTED AND THE BOOK IS WORTH MORE THAN $100. I'M PISSED AT THIS SCAM SITE. NOW THERE'S NOTHING I CAN DO ABOUT IT! THAT'S WHY THEY KEEP DOING THIS TO US.
Back

"Im writing this review because I cant write my paper due to the fact that cheggs ebook viewer is down so now I get a zero o a major paper and it cost me hundreds of dollars do i get a refun or discount nope, theyre just sorry! what a fucking joke!!!!! chegg worst site ever!!!! If i could give zero I would!!!"

"Books are always shipped quickly and in good shape. Returns are super easy and prices are great. 5????????????????????"

modified review This review was modified by charlutz84 on February 25 2015 11:18:57 AM

"Chegg is a rip off. I rented two books. The UPS driver left a notice saying a signature was required so I had to drive 45 minutes to get my book because I had class during the day when he would redeliver the package. The other book was returned without ANY notification. Last year, my son returned two books to Chegg on time last Dec. When he checked on the status, Chegg representative said they were behind in processing the book returns and he would not be charged. Unfortunately, he was charged a $7 late fee for each book automatically without his knowledge. In turn, the bank charged my son a $35 overdraft fee for EACH late fee. So, he incurred a $70 charge for Chegg's representative stupidity. The card has been canceled. Horrible customer service, manager never called to explain. Save time and hassle, buy your books from a local bookstore or reputable source-a company that cares about their customers. "

modified review This review was modified by jnilly51 on February 18 2015 03:21:38 PM

"I have found Chegg to (usually) be the most inexpensive company to rent my textbooks from. The customer service staff is amazing, helpful and the orders ship quickly. Returning the textbook is a breeze and free - what more could I ask for? I will continue to rent from Chegg in the future. "

modified review This review was modified by Hardworkinggirl on February 16 2015 08:24:52 AM

"I have been nothing but satisfied with Chegg's excellent customer service.
I had to return a few books this semester due to have a copy of one and ordering the wrong books. I received a full refund and when I asked questions about that status of my refund I was amazed with how quickly Chegg's customer service staff responded.
If I were to find books a few bucks cheaper than Chegg I don't recommend on purchasing/renting from any other source. Its worth the great service!
Thank you for excellent and efficient service!

modified review This review was modified by ashleyborrero on February 09 2015 01:30:16 PM

"Thanks Chegg for sending my important textbook for class to some other address! 0/5 will NEVER order again."

"CHEGG has made college textbooks affordable! This company has the fastest shipping to delivery system in place that I have ever experienced! The fact that they care about the environment & reuse shipping boxes makes it even better!! I saved $776.34!That's crazyyy! I LOVE CHEGG!!!"

"I had a great experience with Chegg! I needed all of my books by the next day and i ordered them off this website and got them the very next day! My books were in perfect condition. They also give you free stuff like red bulk and a free months worth of Hulu Plus. I was really impressed with this website because I saved over $200 by switching to Chegg.com. I'm getting my books here every semester! "

modified review This review was modified by sabp95 on January 15 2015 05:04:58 PM

Share Chegg's store rating

Chegg is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Chegg is not a merchant member
Chegg does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!