Stores > Chegg

Customer service: Rating 6.56/10 6.56/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 6.60/10 6.60/10

2016-05-25

Chegg is seriously #1

"I'm writing this review just because I'm that stoked on this company,

First of all, this site is a textbook rental company, providing thousands of college students with an inexpensive alternative for textbooks within the already expensive monopoly of higher education. With Chegg, you can rent textbooks for as low as $10, maybe even $5 (depending on the book) per quarter/semester; and you don't have to worry about trying to sell back your book in the end to get a little bit of your $150 that you might have spent on a new book; you just return the book with a prepaid shipping label printed off of your account! Yes, shipping your book back is FREE for us! They also offer etextbooks, which is awesome! (If you want to rent an etextbook, PLEASE do yourself a favor and make sure that having a laptop/kindle/etc in class is alright with your instructor PRIOR to placing your order).

The order that I placed came within six days. It came quickly and everything about the order was correct. Shipping is inexpensive, and often times there are deals on shipping costs!

In addition to the many benefits that we students reap from using Chegg, the environment benefits from us using Chegg as well. For those of you who are still reading up to this point and didn't roll their eyes, remember the environmental resources, time, and money that go into manufacturing, transporting, and distributing all of these new textbooks each and every quarter/semester! Phew! And there are billions of textbooks already out there. So use Chegg! Also, CHEGG PLANTS TREES. Yep.

The customer service was seamless. I used the Chat service on their website and was helped within minutes. The woman refunded me accordingly and was very helpful and clear.

Let's see, they have online chat, tweets, etc, options for customer service, which was VERY helpful to me numerous times; the cheapest prices for used textbooks on the market, and the most seamless service on the market (compared to Amazon, Half, Valore, etc)... Pretty much #1. Just do it.

This review was modified by klstew92 on May 25 2016 02:34:08 PM

2016-05-25

Fast and Local

"Whenever I have ordered from Chegg, their prices are always the lowest. Books arrive in a day or two from a warehouse not far from my home (other side of the state but still pretty close). The books are always in good condition, and the paid shipping label to send everything back is one less burden on me.

The first time I ordered, I got free razor cards from Harry's, a Starbucks canned drink, and some other little goodies. Totally unexpected but a really cool perk.

This review was modified by toddallen97 on May 25 2016 08:16:37 AM

2016-05-24

"They gave me a really old book"

2016-05-23

Successful student

"This past semester Spring 2016, I decided to rent my books, rather than purchase them. So I went through Chegg and was very satisfied with the price, delivery, return process. I was able to succeed in my course, and return the book at no charge to me. I am extremely happy to rent the following semester as well. Thanks Chegg!!"

2016-05-23

Learning & Saving Has NEVER been EASIER

"I had been buying and renting books from my school for over a year and i was consistently stressed out and broke. Then someone told me about Chegg and since then I've never found any place in person or online to beat the prices and simple process that Chegg provides for students. THANK YOU SO SO MUCH for being considerate on your pricing, for your free shipping deals, for making it easy to find books, and for always shipping quickly and making it super easy to return my rentals! I love you for it!"

This review was modified by Stacey0889 on May 23 2016 09:52:32 AM

2016-05-18

Will never rent from again!!

"Horrible customer service! Rude employees who clearly don't need to have text books in a timely manner.

When book finally arrived package was ripped open and box was completely damaged beyond being able to be used again.

WILL NEVER COME BACK TO CHEGG. You can thank the horrible individual who handled my last issue.

This review was modified by Jennsweet on May 18 2016 09:54:10 PM

I'm a Chegg head!

"Chegg provides quality products and makes it very east to order and return rented books. I will continue to use Chegg and recommend them to others! "

Happy parent

"excellent experience, online and over the phone, nice helpful service! my return experience was 100% perfect, the original rental maybe 85%, so is great to see customer service is great now.

This review was modified by Shopper128 on May 18 2016 11:16:18 AM

Chegg is the way

"My Chegg experience was great from start to return. Website was user friendly. Their prices wereally very competitive. Although my book was late due to weather problems, they made the ebook available until my books arrived free of charge. The best feature was the simplicity of returning my books. Back in the original box, print off return label. Affix it to the box, seal the box and drop it off at UPS. Will definitely be using Chegg in the future."

This review was modified by Teniya on May 17 2016 11:16:06 PM

Back to School

"I am an "older student" and am so thankful that Chegg exists. I can't imagine having to pay University bookstore prices for these books! Thanks Chegg for making things so easy!"

2016-05-17

Great experience and will use Chegg again!

"Chegg is great for renting textbooks. They provide an online version of the book while it ships. Shipping is very quick. I received my book before the projected date. Textbook in good condition. Return shipping label provided for easy return. "

This review was modified by Nonney71 on May 17 2016 07:05:07 AM

2016-05-16

Primo

"Great service and price will be using Chegg for 3 or 4 more years thank you."

2016-05-13

It's Great!

"Chegg is very user friendly and affordable!"

2016-05-11

Making College cost less painful ...!

"Always a pleasure doing business w/Chegg. Thanks for all you do to make college costs less painful."

2016-05-10

Fast, easy, and reliable

"I've rented from Chegg many times, and am always pleased. They aren't the cheapest, but they are always the one I choose because their prices are still pretty great and they are reliable. Shipping is fast and often offered free for big orders, which is awesome. Most books have e-texts you can use until your book gets there. The books themselves are always in average to excellent condition. I love that we can highlight and make notes with no penalty. I also love that Chegg sends reminders about due dates, since it can be easy to forget at the end of a busy or long semester. My experience has been nothing but positive and I will definitely be using Chegg again."

This review was modified by Snicolen58 on May 10 2016 01:49:30 AM

Share Chegg's store rating

Chegg is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Chegg is not a merchant member
Chegg does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!