Stores > Chegg

Customer service: Rating 5.78/10 5.78/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 5.26/10 5.26/10

2016-02-02

Super fast shipping!

"I love getting my college books from Chegg because I always get them on time, many times before the arrival date! I have recommended Chegg to all of my friends!"

This review was modified by Ashley.21 on February 02 2016 09:10:42 AM

2016-01-28

Great prices, great site!!

"Chegg sent me my books in the condition they described, in the time they promised. Also sent me several amazing free samples and even an energy drink to go along with all of them! The prices are AMAZING, especially compared to the book store! Ordered an etext just yesterday ( needed it ASAP) and it was cheaper than ANYWHERE else that I checked!"

This review was modified by Jsharp324 on January 28 2016 09:40:51 PM

2016-01-28

Blame the Victim?

"I sold a book to Chegg. Mailed it UPS with the mailing label they sent me. Book was delivered and signed for, according to UPS. After 3-4 weeks with no check, I called their customer service. "Kate," (who was helpful and I have no complaints about) informed me that there was an issue with the book not having been entered into the warehouse inventory, but that Chegg would look into this and send me my check in 2-3 weeks. 2-3 weeks later, I get the end of the business day email from "Cody," a "senior advocate," who informs me that because they do not have any record of the book being in their warehouse, that they will not pay me. This is despite UPS having documentation they took possession of the book. I am being charged over $100.00 for their inventory and management issues. You are better off selling to your local bookstore. Their prices may be less, but they are less likely to claim they lost your book with you standing in front of them. As an aside, the 5-stara reviews of Chegg are suspect. Search for what the Better Business Bureau has to say about them."

This review was modified by azxswedc on January 28 2016 08:16:24 PM

2016-01-27

Excellent

"Books are very responsible in price (rentals). The books are in good condition. The customer service chat people are very responsive and helpful. I also like the fact that you can access questions and answer processes to all problems in the book. Chemistry for example has lengthy problems and the Chegg breaks it down with process shown for questions. easy access from and device (pc, cell, tablet). I have a few book I am going to donate and sell to Chegg. I am sure the process will work out great as well."

This review was modified by Creigh619 on January 27 2016 07:56:16 AM

2016-01-26

Terrible. Cost me points on quizzes and exams.

"I'm using the electronic version since I am taking and online class. It worked great at first, but for the last two weeks the search function doesn't work and the download speed is ridiculous. My quizzes are "open book" (obviously for an online class) and the material is very technical and lots of memorization is required. The quizzes are timed and being able to search for terms in the book is helpful...except the pages download so slowly it is useless on the quiz. I will never use this site again and I recommend you avoid it, at least the electronic version. Customer service is nonexistent. "

This review was modified by jamdl on January 26 2016 02:44:02 PM

2016-01-25

Not reliable

"Somehow my shipping address was lost in translation after my purchase. After 5 days of not receiving my books, I called Chegg customer service, only to be put on hold for 30 minutes. I then called UPS and they said that Chegg had provided the wrong shipping address and they tried to reach out to me to get the right shipping information. I didn't receive an e-mail or anything and on the Chegg website, it said my books had been delivered. During this whole mess, I just ordered the same books off of Amazon for $30 cheaper with free two day shipping. Needless to say, once I receive my books, I am sending them right back. Don't ever buy books from here."

This review was modified by mv21 on January 25 2016 10:31:08 AM

2016-01-15

Selling books to Chegg

"Chegg is one of the worst places to buy or sell textbooks. They give false information on when you would hear back from a representative. They are constantly telling you 2-3 business days and no one will ever follow up with you. I sold 2 textbooks to them over a month ago and I was told I would receive payment of about $65. I had to get in contact with over 4 different people for them to tell me they have lost the textbooks in the warehouse but they had seen that they were received at some point. I was finally told that a check would be sent to me but it would take 5 business days to be financed and then an additional 15 business days to even see the check! Why was this not just sent directly to my Paypal account?!? So overall this whole process is going to take 2 months! DO NOT USE CHEGG TO SELL ANY KIND OF TEXTBOOK!!!"

2016-01-14

No return for early return

"I rented this book in August and extended it in December for next class starting in January 2016. However due to work commitments, I am unable to take this class and returned the book four months early with no use. I was anticipating at restocking fee and some of my rental fees returned. I was informed via customer service that this isn't the case. I find it despicable that Chegg will be making a full rental fee off me and renting the book to other customer. I am willing to pay a restocking fee but feel that the entire amount being collected without being used is poor customer service. We have used Chegf many times and would like to continue that. This might change my purchasing to Amazon if I am not contacted. "

2016-01-11

"This is probably the worst customer service I have ever experienced. BUYER BEWARE. Two charges were placed against my credit card fraudulently. I have made multiple phone calls to resolve the issue but nothing ever happens. DO NOT USE THIS SITE!!!! If there is a problem they are either unwilling or unable to fix the problem.

CAUTION!!!!! STAY AWAY!!!!!

This is the worst review I have ever given to a business.

This review was modified by Travis.Manuel.TN on January 11 2016 04:05:22 PM

2016-01-09

"This the absolute worst service I have ever paid for on the internet. You can bank on it not working fifty percent of the time you need to look up any homework question. Then once you get the question you are looking for the tutors are still a gamble and have answered multiple questions wrong that I have been working on. Waste of time and money."

2016-01-07

"I love cheggs use them for 5 years!! I feel like they push you during finals to get book back! I get we rent it get back asap but I dont need 2 emails a day for a week to tell me about it!"

2016-01-06

"thank you it was very easy and very inexpensive to use. I will use you again in the future. And I will pass the word to family and friends how much cheaper it is and its easier to use than it seems."

2016-01-05

"Good customer service and quick shipping."

This review was modified by daleyb on January 05 2016 04:42:47 PM

2016-01-05

"Chegg SUCKS!!! They charged me over $500 for two text books that I was a little late returning. Plus they only offer a 4 day extension before charging you the full price of the book, I think they used to automatically extend another 60days, but now they are charging full price of the text books after only 4days past the due date. CRIMINAL! Oh, and as I'm typing this review I'm on hold for a Chegg Customer Service rep. I've been on hold over 30 minutes already! HORRIBLE SERVICE!!"

2016-01-04

"We used Chegg for high school students taking college classes. By renting the textbooks, we saved money and were able to insure that students had the books they needed for class. We got the books in a timely manner and the return process was easy!! Will be doing this again next semester!"

This review was modified by DDE2016 on January 04 2016 07:30:24 AM

Share Chegg's store rating

Chegg is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Chegg is not a merchant member
Chegg does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!