Write a review »

"I love Chegg! They are the most affordable solution for college textbooks. All the books I've ordered from them have been in good condition and were received promptly enough to not fall behind in class while waiting for them (I don't order books till after my first class meeting). I would recommend Chegg to everyone - I wish I had known about it when I started college!"

modified review This review was modified by pumpkinlatte on June 06 2013 03:38:12 PM

"Chegg was great! So easy to do, returning them is simple the UPS dudes literally did it for me. Perfect, definitely will use them again."

modified review This review was modified by hardenmisty21 on June 05 2013 08:30:58 AM

"I sold my text books to chegg, or at least I thought I did. First they quoted me a price so, I sent the books. They received them and never sent the money. Said their system crashed but the money was sent to my Serve account. Called my Serve account and they have no recored of the transaction. Still trying to get paid for the books, So I can afford the next set of book. I won't be using Chegg ever again."

modified review This review was modified by EdMurray69 on May 22 2013 02:01:01 PM

"You're looking for cheap textbook options when... what's this? A $200 textbook rental for the semester for $21? It must be too good to be true. AND IT IS. Customer service is terrible, despite contacting Chegg before placing my order to ensure the correct address and delivery date, they still messed it up, and then refused to make a 30 second phone call to UPS that would have straightened out the entire mess! Now I'm out of a book I desperately needed for the start of the semester.

Beware. Just order it on amazon.

modified review This review was modified by williamsb on May 16 2013 08:16:06 AM

"Impeccable customer service. Book rental process is smooth and painless. Communication is delivered throughout rental process, including notification when UPS shipping information is sent and received and when book return is complete.

I received my book within 2 days of ordering. Will definitely order from them again.

modified review This review was modified by nobleretrievers on May 10 2013 02:37:28 PM

"In the years that I've used Chegg for my college textbooks, I've only had one hiccup with an order. Chegg immediately made it right; going above and beyond what I needed. I've recommended Chegg to all my friends. "

modified review This review was modified by thecbob on May 09 2013 12:13:06 PM

"Very good fast service and help is available! good service"

modified review This review was modified by dd007 on May 09 2013 07:19:13 AM

"GREAT! Couldt ask for better service!"

"Chegg is excellent! It takes the stress out of getting textbooks, and they are super easy to use. They processed my books 2 days after I sent them back. Their service is quick, accurate, and they have excellent customer service. I would recommend them to every college student!"

modified review This review was modified by donadioji on May 05 2013 05:44:57 PM

"Chegg has the worst customer service I have ever experienced. I have called numerous times about my ebooks not working properly and the problem has never been fixed. I need these books for school and have been forced to buy several books twice as a result of this issue when my initial reason for purchasing ebooks was to save money. I have spent about as much money as I would have if I bought the books brand new at my school's bookstore. I am completely and utterly disappointed with the product, and worse, with the obvious ways Chegg tries to keep customers in the dark. When viewing my account page, there is no way to see when I purchased a book or when is the last day to return it for a refund. Why? Is that some kind of trick that prevents unhappy customers from getting their money back? Not only this, but Chegg buries their phone number on its website. In order to be able to see it, you have to first select the issue you are having from a list and then try to fix it yourself. Then, when you finally get the phone number and call, the representatives are inexperienced and unmotivated. I had better luck using Google to answer my questions. As a business student, a consumer, and a human being, this is completely unsatisfactory to me. And because of this, I am going out of my way to create a profile on a website that I will never use again to post this review so no other students find themselves in a similar situation. I will never use Chegg again, plain and simple. I wouldn't recommend them to my worst enemy. Chegg could learn a thing or two from Zappos' business model, where the customer actually comes first."

"Chegg couldn't have made the process of renting a book easier. I simply searched for the book I needed on the website, made the commitment to purchase the rental, the book arrived in less than a week - and either way, I had internet access to the book while I waited - I used the book, placed it back in the box it came in, went on the website to purchase my return UPS shipping label, dropped it off at a nearby UPS location where a receipt was printed and I have received emails with updates since letting me know what's going on. I can't believe how efficient Chegg is. I am not even going to consider other sites. I trust Chegg completely. Thank you for a ridiculously smooth transaction & experience. "

"Too much transparency and expensive. "

"Chegg is amazing. I rented books from them two semesters in a row, and their rates were far better than most other retailers. Their service is very easy to use, no shipping costs when returning the books, they usually come in great condition (recently got one that was a bit sub-par, but still certainly usable), arrive quickly, their estimated arrival times are accurate, etc. What really impressed me is how I actually get three full weeks to return a book for a full refund, no questions asked. I took advantage of this, actually surpassed the three week period by a few days, and they still gave me my refund after I sent a simple 10 minute E-mail that didn't even describe the problem. It was all automatic, and I didn't have to intervene at all. If you find a book for cheaper, then sure, shop elsewhere, otherwise, I highly recommend Chegg.com for renting books."

"Rental rates are sometimes more, sometimes less w/ Chegg and when I find they are less, it is not w/ great happiness that I opt to order from them. They're approach to customer service is severely lacking leaving me w/ a hate/love relationship w/ the company. Fearing more unexpected charges on my credit card, I will only rent from Chegg if the textbook cannot be found for rent elsewhere. "

"Your service is great! I would use it again as well as recommend it to others.

Chegg is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Chegg is not a merchant member
Chegg does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!