Product & services pricing Rating 5.42/10 5.42/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 3.93/10 3.93/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 6.00/10 6.00/10
    Customer service: Rating 3.93/10 3.93/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 3.33/10 3.33/10

"I was reviewing this before ordering and had completely forgot that I actually used CTD last year. I checked what I ordered from them and it was some dies for my reloadig machine. They did came on time by UPS so I have nothing bad to say about them. Now,.. I have been reading all these reviews and there are a lot of people that give low stars simply because it is their fault. They make big mistakes like not reviewing their order in the checkout before hitting the order button, others dont check their ticket when they go out of the store( I do this at the supermarket everyday), and there is even a guy who changed his credit card address and expected the company to ship to the correct address(most companies demand that your shipping and billing address agree so this is an oxymoron.) What I bough at the time was last year during the frenzy, and CTD were not the only ones that had their prices jacked up. It was the WHOLE industry so you coming here venting your frustrations about a nationwide event is just plain stupid. Do you do the same each time that gasoline prices go up? The only thing I didnt like was the high shipping charges , but at that time they were the only ones that have the item in stock and even with the shipping charges it still came at a lower price than what I could find anywhere even on Ebay. So, I had the opportunity to accept or not the shipping price before hitting the check out button so that was on me. I have to be fair. now if in the future they misbehave I would be the first to say it here but in my order there was nothing wrong. The only thing that I didnt like of the reviews I saw were people that already had an order done and their prices were not honored because there was a price change that was not reflected online. That I would demand the price to be honored or a complete refund.The reloading dies that I ordered I just checked now and they are at almost double the price that I got them , so still if I were to sell them today i would get my money back. As long as my experience continues to be positive I would continue to order with them . It would be nice if all the people who have a positive experience also replied because most of the times when you have a positive experience you dont to go "vent " online."

modified review This review was modified by Joe71 on September 16 2014 08:29:21 PM

Cheaper Than Dirt User

"Ordered a Sig P250C recently via Cheaperthandirt.com. It came very quickly and was over $100 cheaper than any other price I could find online or in any local FFL dealers. Great website for other stuff like ammo and mags, will keep using. And I am not affiliated with this website before anyone wonders! How can I prove it? Butt hole that's how!"

"Cheaper Than Dirt has extraordinarily poor customer service. A major point of contention is their price gouging. They've increased their ammo prices by several times in just a few years. It's a real disappointment. They're also unwilling to do business with law enforcement officers in more restrictive states. That's okay though; Bud's sent me magazines overnight. Thanks for nothing CTD."

modified review This review was modified by Bandito440 on July 04 2014 05:20:38 PM

"I am very disapointed with this website, I am a new customer but my fiance has been a customer for a while. I purchased something for his birthday which was very important for me to get it on time, and I order it ahead of time and they delivered it to the wrong address and charged it to the wrong billing address as well. I know it was my mistake however when I called customer service I explained how important this was for me to be here on time and instead of offering me to send me a new one because the order was returned they just told me about how I need to wait for them to get it to resend it to me and I need to pay for the shipping. This gift was going to make his day and now I will have to wait over 2 weeks. In a different situation I would not care about the time that the item would take but this is a special ocasion and they should have been a little more empathetic about my situation. Customer Service should be better than this. I will never buy from these people again!!! "

"Awful business ethics. They advertised a box of 1,000 rounds for a certain price. I purchased two boxes and got an email confirmation for two 1,000 round boxes.

Turns out Cheaper Than Dirt made a mistake on their website, and instead of notifying me or even cancelling the order, they changed the description and shipped the boxes of 100 rounds.

"I had been shopping for 10rd magazines for my Ruger Mini-14. Being a resident of New York state, there is a legal limit, not to exceed 10 rounds per magazine. The S.A.F.E. act law, as originally enacted, limited the load capacity to only 7 rounds (in 10rd mag) if used for self defense, but you could load a full 10 rounds if firing at a range. CTD had a good price on a 10 round magazine, so I attempted to order. The order was rejected with the message, sorry we cannot ship to New York state. I emailed their customer service contact inquiring why? Their response, " with the ever changing laws in certain states, blah, blah, blah, we have decided not to ship certain items to certain states. I'm not asking them to do anything illegal, just take the time to interpret the law and offer their products accordingly.
I understand we operate in a free market society; CTD can refuse to sell to New York residents just because, and I can take my business elsewhere. My beef with them involves their not supporting the law abiding gun community with product, because they don't want the perceived risk and back lash from the anti-gunners. Why else? It is very easy to determine 10 round mags are legal in New York, so sell them. I think they're catering to the wrong crowd on this decision.
Just my opinion...

modified review This review was modified by BillinNY on May 23 2014 12:34:24 PM

"Ordered a Sig226 Online. Clerk told me it would be shipped within 5-7 business days. They emailed me as soon as my gun left the warehouse, and also notified me when it was delivered, which was about 4 days later.
Very smooth transaction...Couldn't be happier! Sig Tac Ops .40 is incredible also!

modified review This review was modified by bully5000 on April 23 2014 08:32:17 PM

"Cheaper than dirt is horrible, not only do they consort with anti-gun liberals their prices are a ripoff for the junk that you get, their shipping is outrageously crazy and their rating system is made up. Not to mention you get absolutely barraged with their stupid catalogs and they also sell your personal information to other vendors without your permission."

"I have ordered product from CTD for years. Had one instance where $1400 purchase was shipped incorrectly, I had to document to prove it was their bad, situation resolved, but it took longer than it should. Aside from that one instance, I was a loyal customer, they had excellent pricing, particularly ammo.

But their operations changed. They instituted a $2.99 handling charge for every item ordered, their shipping costs increased (there is no free shipping on any item). The icing on the cake was in Dec, 2012, days after Sandy Hook. #1, CTD halted gun sales citing they had to review their corporate policy. I will not support a company with this corporate philosophy when there are other firms which fervently support our 2nd Amendment. I informed CTD of my sentiments in Dec 2012.

Recently, I checked their pricing on 22LR that I purchased prior to Sandy Hook for $23, a few weeks ago it was $99.59. Don't forget to add the handling charges and shipping! Just this week I was speaking to a business acquaintance and he brought up their 12/2012 decision & stated he no longer buys from them. I guess that is what prompted my reply one year later. And yes, I referred this gentleman to another firm when we discussed shotgun ammunition. I am proud to state during the past twelve months I have made purchases in excess of $3K that could have been CTD. They no longer have the best pricing, some of their product is older generation equipment.

modified review This review was modified by ARSheepDog on December 07 2013 09:57:21 AM

"I read a number of reviews which are quite disconcerting. I am happy to say that my experience was quite stellar.

I had some simple questions which I asked via email from their web site on a Saturday evening. They responded on Sunday a couple of different times.

The item, a barrel, was not available at just about every other place I checked including the major retailers.

I then placed my order on Sunday night with two day delivery after being assured that the item was in stock. The item arrived right on time on Wednesday. (It obviously shipped on Monday because Sunday was a holiday even though the sales people were happy enough to respond to my questions on a Sunday which is just outstanding.)

My experience was 5 stars in every capacity, even above and beyond.

"I've ordered from them several things and haven't had any problems.

I can say this - when Cheaper Than Dirt first started they were awesome when it came to prices. Not sure if someone else is in charge of this now or the owner has gotten greedy over time or what? If I was running this business I would pull a 180 before its too late.

I just watched geeks.com go out of business for the exact same reason. And they were huge.

"I rarely leave product reviews, but having seen the many negative reviews of CTD, thought I would share my experience with them to provide some balance. For the record, I have no affiliation with CTD other than being a satisfied customer. I have placed four separate orders this year with cheaperthandirt.com; the most recent being delivered last week. All were for shotgun ammunition of various brands and types. I found the pricing was competitive for what I was purchasing. (Included 12 gauge low recoil and mini-shell variants, not easily found locally or elsewhere.). (If I thought pricing was excessive, I would not have placed the order. Pricing for 22LR as an example.). In all cases, I found their service to be excellent and would absolutely continue to purchase from them. Merchandise was shipped same day (or next at the latest), all items selected online were in stock, and everything arrived via UPS per the shipping status emails CTD provided. In only one instance did I have an issue. I ordered a quantity of 250 shells, but received only 200 in the carton. I placed a call to their customer service rep and it was rectified immediately(the next day they shipped me the 50 shells). I realize they seem to have a lot of detractors in regards to pricing. Guess it depends on what you are seeking. However, I have no issue giving them 5 star for the superb service I have experienced."

modified review This review was modified by oldguysrule946 on July 25 2013 12:22:09 PM

"This review reflects only the internet seller, not the actual store in Fort Worth. I tried to buy something online, paid, but was declined. The site said it was a credit card issue involving the number. This was the very first time I'd ever had a problem using my credit card with an online merchant ever. I've bought things since then with no problems. I tried again, same error. I called, tried to order over the phone, they said the number was invalid. We checked the number four more times, the code on the back, everything. They kept telling me it was invalid. I called my bank and they said the funds were being approved on their end, that everything was as it should be, nothing shady going on, no glitches except that the merchant was refunding the money after taking it out. I asked what the problem could be, they told me that it wasn't on their end because the money was being taken out, so they didn't have a problem on their side. I called back, tried a few more times, but the card was never approved by cheaperthandirt.com. So, I resolved not to buy and told customer service that they could contact me when they wanted to sell me something instead of teasing me. They emailed me back, telling me again it was my bank's fault. The emails went back and forth for a while, and every time I tried to end it politely, they would rebound with "It's a problem with your bank's software, not us". "Why, then," I would ask, "does every other merchant from which I buy have no problems at all ever, and only you guys have problems?" "It's a problem with your bank's software, not us." The runaround was unbearable. I have nothing positive to say about these people, and I wanted to share this in hopes they'd take some action to update their software."

"The only thing I have bought from this company was a rifel scope, and it was just as advertised. I'm writing a review to just let everyone know how this company just loves to stick it to their customers. Yesterday 5/18/13, I bought a 50 rd box of 9mm ammo at walmart for about $11 after tax. TulAmmo is the brand. When i get home i look to see if this company has any of the same ammo in stock and I am absolutely shocked to see that they do in fact have it in stock, but at over 5 times the retail price. Yes I understand supply/demand, but over 5x the regular price? That should be illegal! I can safely say I will never order anything from this company again. If that's how this company does business I will not ever give them one cent of my hard earned paycheck."

"Side note: This is the FOURTH time this has happened to me with purchasing ammo from Cheaper Than Dirt. I have NEVER been able to complete a transaction! I came here expecting to see ratings of 4-5 and was shocked to read how bad this company really is. Glenn Beck runs ads day and night on his shows for them.

I purchased a full case of 22 LR ammo on April 2nd 2013. Said it was in stock. Four hours later I received an email stating, "...Thank you for your order, unfortunately our supplier is unable to supply (such and such ammo)". Then they tell you a FOUR day period before they credit back to your credit card. And literally they use all four days to credit you. Again, this is the fourth time they've done this. I've never been able to make a complete transaction for ammo. I am done with this clown show called Cheaper Than Dirt.

Now I just found it Cheaper Than Dirt is actually committing credit card fraud for CHARGING my credit card without shipping the item. Sounds like they are trying to float hundreds of thousands of dollars in bogus transactions to keep their business operating with enough cash flow.

modified review This review was modified by GunEnthusiast on April 02 2013 11:17:26 AM

Cheaper Than Dirt is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Cheaper Than Dirt is not a merchant member
Cheaper Than Dirt does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!