Stores > Cheaper Than Dirt

Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.43/10 1.43/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.00/10 2.00/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.67/10 1.67/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
Voice your opinion! Review Cheaper Than Dirt by clicking a star below.
2017-04-26

Awesome customer service

"I was a little concerned about buying from them after seeing all the negative reviews, but my concerns were unfounded. When I bought 6 magazines and a pistol holster from them a few days ago, they shipped within 10 days at the lowest cost shipping level! When I got my stuff, I checked the shotgun mags I bought to see if they were compatible with my gun, since I was not sure they would when I bought them. Sadly they were not compatible, but that was my fault not theirs. I procrastinated asking for a refund for 2 weeks before contacting them. When I tried to contact by email, it was a little confusing when they did not give me a confirmation of receiving it, so I went onto live chat to see what the problem was. Within 5 seconds I had somebody online checking out the problem, and they referred me to the phone line, after trying to figure out what the problem was and not succeeding. When I called, there was no hold time, and I was told that they had immediately refunded me! I just hadn't received the email yet. Sure enough, when I checked I found the refund response in my inbox.

Overall: Quick shipping, Low Low prices, and great customer service and return policy.

2017-04-19

Poor Customer Service

"I emailed these people three times within a three week period, trying to resolve an order. You would think an acknowledgement of the email would have been hasty. No. It wasn't. It's been almost 30 days now, and still NO reply from them. Afterall, I do have a 90 day, original packing, not opened policy, right? NEVER ordering from here again EVER. They are NOT cheaper than anyone else. Shop around or buy local. Save yourself some cash!"

2017-03-29

SHIPPING GOUGING

"I received a sale email for a $ 49.00 first aid kit. I live in New Hampshire and they want $ 31.00 to ship it. What a total rip off that is. This company is a total internet SCAM and should be boycotted. The prices look good until you factor in the rip off shipping charges. Full whack retail plus! "

2017-03-24

Absolutely Horrible!

"I have been trying to get in touch with someone through both email and phone for almost a week with no response. This company is horrible. Never will I recommend purchasing from them. I plan on bashing them on social media so other's don't experience this."

2017-03-12

Sent me an empty package

"Waited a week an a half for an empty package. I guess they are so worried about sendimg out adds for other people they forgot to put the item in the envelope. I got a sticker too. Yeah I'm going to give them free advertising. NOT!
Paid $25 for a magazine for my SIG P290 and never got it. Got my empty envelope on a Saturday so I guess I have to wait til Monday until I can even talk to anyone.
You have to wonder what level of incompetence one has reached to forget to send the customer their item.
I guess I should have checked their ratings here before I ordered. No wonder their ratings are so terrible.
They need to give it up. Never order from these people.

2017-03-03

Ammo is ****

"Bought lots of ammo and it misfires, jams, damn it! They refuse to give a refund! Do not buy from this place!!! Will never do business with them again!!! "

2017-01-25

Rude, insulting, and unprofessional

"I am a owner of 7 weapons, all of which I have completed background checks to obtain. When my fiancee decided to buy a couple of handguns we decided to go through cheaperthandirt We were given a run-around for days and finally we decided to call. I spoke to them just because she prefers me to talk business to people on the phone. They called her back to inform us that the transfer was denied because they thought she was making a straw purchase for me, possibly for the purchase of drugs!!! Needless to say I was more than insulted. I would not ever make another purchase from them, and would not recommend them to anyone. Not only are they rude, and unprofessional, but also showed a complete lack of knowledge when it comes to the weapons they are selling..... Buyer Beware!!!"

2016-12-19

Do not order from this site!!!!!

"They are no help waited over 15 mins to speak to a rude agent that could not help me at all!!! Save the time and struggle and don't order the site name says it all!!!"

2016-11-21

Should be "Lower Than Dirt"

"sold my name to a mailing list"

2016-09-09

Wonderful experience!

"I ordered my firearm on Wednesday, September 7 and it was delivered to my FFL dealer in Ohio on Friday, September 9. It was a perfect transaction. The product was superb and the price was the best I could fine anywhere on the Internet."

2016-09-07

Pay 20% or more on shipping!

"I have spent a lot of money on this website, due to their large selection of gear. I have easily spent $400 on shipping from them. I have basically demanded better shipping prices for being a loyal and common customer, and they don't even reply to my emails. I'll spend my thousands elsewhere from now on. Screw Cheaper Than Gold."

2016-09-07

Price gougers

"Artificially raise shipping costs more than double after using low price advertising as click bait. Scam."

2016-04-30

Scam

"This website is a joke! I stopped using this site after i noticed the extremely high shipping cost and their price gouging. I decided to give them another try when I received an email to recieve a discount when entering a sweepstake. I received a $10 coupon and made a purchase. 2 days later a recieve an email that they did not have the product in stock and that i would receive a refund. I searched their website to still see the product still available from 2 of there warehouses but the price on it is jacked up $10 more than the original cost when i ordered it. Bothing but a scam and i will never even look at this site again."

2015-12-09

"With zero remorse they gouged gun owners TWICE after the Obama gun and ammo scare and after the Newtown shootings with some of the highest prices in the country. For example; a $19.00 thirty round AR or AK magazine was, overnight, $199.00. Ammunition prices more than quadrupled. This was more than just making a little profit like the rest, this was gouging on the grandest scale ever seen."

2015-11-24

"I would leave ZERO stars if it was an option.
And, I will never order from this miserable seller ever again.
Their packaging agents and customer service representatives are poorly suited for employment.
They overcharge for shipping and "handling" and when a box of 500 rounds of ammunition arrived, it promptly burst open, spilling out a hundred of rounds of ammunition across the floor of my building's lobby.
Customer Service was unbelievably rude and unsympathetic and took no action other than to blow me off.

I strongly recommend bulkammo.com.
Their prices are better, their shipping is faster, the overbox option prevents such occurrences and their customer service agents are appropriately polite and professional.

Share Cheaper Than Dirt's store rating

Cheaper Than Dirt is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Cheaper Than Dirt is not a merchant member
Cheaper Than Dirt does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!