Stores > Cheaper Than Dirt

Chance of future purchase: Rating 2.86/10 2.86/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.33/10 3.33/10
    Customer service: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 3.33/10 3.33/10
Voice your opinion! Review Cheaper Than Dirt by clicking a star below.
2017-06-21

By Far, THE Worst Online Gun Store in the US. Hands Down!

"On 6/20/2017 I ordered UPC/Item# 7-GFMAK7411 from cheaperthandirt.com website. When putting my order, the item was IN STOCK and available for immediate shipment. I placed my order and my credit card was charged $999.99 immediately. I then received the confirmation email (I can provide if necessary/upon request), which verified that. Based off of this, I went ahead and ordered 750 rounds of ammo (5.45x39) which cost around $230.00 with shipping and handling. The next morning, 6/21/2017, I received an email from their customer service (available upon request) which stated they apologize for any inconvenience, but my item was not in the inventory. I asked them why they had it available for sell and charged my card, if they didn't have the item? She didn't have any answer! IT WAS NOT A BACK-ORDER! So now, I am sitting here with 750 rounds of ammunition that by law, cannot be returned or sold. I cannot shoot them either because they canceled my firearm order."

2017-06-20

Don't order from Cheaper Than Dirt!

"Wasted my time. Ordered AR-10 parts from them Wednesday last week, they then sent me an email asking for a picture of my driver's license to verify my billing adress. This was weird but I did it anyways, Next week when they finally got around to responding to my email, they told me that I had to be 21 to buy from them. This makes absolutely no sense since I was not ordering any age-restricted items and they do not even have the common decency to notify you of this ridiculous policy before you ordered. I am working under a time constraint so this really screwed me over having to wait around for these parts, only to find out they won't be shipped. I believe from my experience and that of others who I have talked to since, that this is a shady company that should not be trusted! Their prices aren't even that cheap so buy from a reputable, legitamite business. I'm honestly a bit worried that such a crappy company has all my information."

2017-05-28

Poor customer service.

"Despite negative reviews, against my better judgment I decided to give CTD a try to purchase a Glock. At first everything seemed to go smooth but a day after placing my order I got an email from a sales representative informing me that, before they could ship to my local FFL I had to verify my billing address by replying with an attached photocopy of my driver's license.

I replied the sales person and commented that I've made quite a few online firearms purchases and this is the first time I've ever had anyone ask me to submit a photocopy of my DL via email. I explained that I find it an inconvenience as I do not have a way to scan a copy of my license and furthermore I don't feel comfortable submitting something like that through email.

Why should I have to do that, anyway? If it's a question of verifying my identity to safeguard against fraudulent criminal activity, Bud's Gun Shop isn't going to simply transfer a firearm to someone who can't show a photo ID or prove they are the recipient of the shipment.

Anyway, I kindly told the representative that if a phone call or an email will not suffice in verifying my billing address they may simply not process (cancel) the order. Not a big deal. Interestingly, rather than trying to work me with on the issue and make a sale, the representative quickly replied saying that the order was canceled and that the charge on my credit card will be put back within a few days.

I immediately checked my credit card account activity and sure enough there was a charge for the price of the handgun. According to their sales rep, there was some kind of issue with my billing address not being verified – but it seems the address was OK after all as they successfully charged me!

This is the first and last time I will ever deal with “Cheaper Than Dirt.”

2017-05-23

I love it.

"The people there are very friendly and have great customer service and my items always come at a great time."

2017-04-26

Awesome customer service

"I was a little concerned about buying from them after seeing all the negative reviews, but my concerns were unfounded. When I bought 6 magazines and a pistol holster from them a few days ago, they shipped within 10 days at the lowest cost shipping level! When I got my stuff, I checked the shotgun mags I bought to see if they were compatible with my gun, since I was not sure they would when I bought them. Sadly they were not compatible, but that was my fault not theirs. I procrastinated asking for a refund for 2 weeks before contacting them. When I tried to contact by email, it was a little confusing when they did not give me a confirmation of receiving it, so I went onto live chat to see what the problem was. Within 5 seconds I had somebody online checking out the problem, and they referred me to the phone line, after trying to figure out what the problem was and not succeeding. When I called, there was no hold time, and I was told that they had immediately refunded me! I just hadn't received the email yet. Sure enough, when I checked I found the refund response in my inbox.

Overall: Quick shipping, Low Low prices, and great customer service and return policy.

2017-04-19

Poor Customer Service

"I emailed these people three times within a three week period, trying to resolve an order. You would think an acknowledgement of the email would have been hasty. No. It wasn't. It's been almost 30 days now, and still NO reply from them. Afterall, I do have a 90 day, original packing, not opened policy, right? NEVER ordering from here again EVER. They are NOT cheaper than anyone else. Shop around or buy local. Save yourself some cash!"

2017-03-29

SHIPPING GOUGING

"I received a sale email for a $ 49.00 first aid kit. I live in New Hampshire and they want $ 31.00 to ship it. What a total rip off that is. This company is a total internet SCAM and should be boycotted. The prices look good until you factor in the rip off shipping charges. Full whack retail plus! "

2017-03-24

Absolutely Horrible!

"I have been trying to get in touch with someone through both email and phone for almost a week with no response. This company is horrible. Never will I recommend purchasing from them. I plan on bashing them on social media so other's don't experience this."

2017-03-12

Sent me an empty package

"Waited a week an a half for an empty package. I guess they are so worried about sendimg out adds for other people they forgot to put the item in the envelope. I got a sticker too. Yeah I'm going to give them free advertising. NOT!
Paid $25 for a magazine for my SIG P290 and never got it. Got my empty envelope on a Saturday so I guess I have to wait til Monday until I can even talk to anyone.
You have to wonder what level of incompetence one has reached to forget to send the customer their item.
I guess I should have checked their ratings here before I ordered. No wonder their ratings are so terrible.
They need to give it up. Never order from these people.

2017-03-03

Ammo is ****

"Bought lots of ammo and it misfires, jams, damn it! They refuse to give a refund! Do not buy from this place!!! Will never do business with them again!!! "

2017-01-25

Rude, insulting, and unprofessional

"I am a owner of 7 weapons, all of which I have completed background checks to obtain. When my fiancee decided to buy a couple of handguns we decided to go through cheaperthandirt We were given a run-around for days and finally we decided to call. I spoke to them just because she prefers me to talk business to people on the phone. They called her back to inform us that the transfer was denied because they thought she was making a straw purchase for me, possibly for the purchase of drugs!!! Needless to say I was more than insulted. I would not ever make another purchase from them, and would not recommend them to anyone. Not only are they rude, and unprofessional, but also showed a complete lack of knowledge when it comes to the weapons they are selling..... Buyer Beware!!!"

2016-12-19

Do not order from this site!!!!!

"They are no help waited over 15 mins to speak to a rude agent that could not help me at all!!! Save the time and struggle and don't order the site name says it all!!!"

2016-11-21

Should be "Lower Than Dirt"

"sold my name to a mailing list"

2016-09-09

Wonderful experience!

"I ordered my firearm on Wednesday, September 7 and it was delivered to my FFL dealer in Ohio on Friday, September 9. It was a perfect transaction. The product was superb and the price was the best I could fine anywhere on the Internet."

2016-09-07

Pay 20% or more on shipping!

"I have spent a lot of money on this website, due to their large selection of gear. I have easily spent $400 on shipping from them. I have basically demanded better shipping prices for being a loyal and common customer, and they don't even reply to my emails. I'll spend my thousands elsewhere from now on. Screw Cheaper Than Gold."

Share Cheaper Than Dirt's store rating

Cheaper Than Dirt is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Cheaper Than Dirt is not a merchant member
Cheaper Than Dirt does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!