• Cheaper Than Di

Chance of future purchase: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.96/10 0.96/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 0.31/10 0.31/10

"Ordered 2 gun magazines (clips), only to find after 10 days of -;being processed- and calling customer service that they were out-of-stock in the warehouse and were not getting any more in. One star rating. However customer service routed the order to another warehouse and I received the product in 3 days. 5 stars for the service. A previous order for magazines for another gun was shipped promptly. So apparently inventory control stinks, but if they have the product you get good service at a good price.

"This place is joke. Keep giving me the run around for order I canceled and don't want to issue refund even tho order was never processed. They pull funds before it even gets to shipping. I canceled order after I was told it would take a week from date ordered to ship so canceled it then get told it will take a week for me to get refund back along with others that canceled orders what is wrong with this picture. So contacted online tech support only to get banned from online chat over and over and over. (ban only last 30min) I called got hung up on by so called supervisor multi times cant get the boss on phone over supervisor. This place had F rating with BBB and has had multi complaints filed with them so many I cant even file complaint on CTD. I wouldn't use this place again being this is 2nd time I had them do this first time I bought a sig pistol and it took 2 weeks to get 1 1/2 week to ship and 1/2 week to get to gun shop. There shipping charges are insane as well. Last time beware of this site."

modified review This review was modified by Charmed483 on March 12 2015 01:58:07 PM

"Purchased a 9mm handgun and had it shipped to my ffl dealer, where they informed me they could and would not transfer the gun to me because it had bad tracing. After contacting ctd several times i finally was told i was being refunded. Come to find out they took a restocking fee out of it. So i contact them again where they tell me its a standard restocking fee. When i asked why i should pay to restock a defective gun, i was then told its because i was trying to do an illegal straw purchase and thats why they had the right to charge a restocking fee. They send me junk and charge me for it, then say its my fault because i was doing something illegal. Even though that was not the case, and they have no proof otherwise. Do your self a favor and avoid cheaper than dirt."

modified review This review was modified by FalonW on March 10 2015 09:36:49 AM

"These guys are total sleeze bags. My last and final order with them involved them canceling a large portion of my order and then notifying me of this after part of it had shipped, basically reaming me for the original shipping charge. The witch I spoke to trying to understand he status of my order didn't improve my mood. I won't do business with them again."

"These people are terrible and un-ethical. The carrier they use UPS are even worst. I asked 2 questions 2 days ago and never got an answer. I would not buy from these people again, buy at your risk they cannot be trusted."

"Several months ago, I was shopping for some .223/5.56mm ammo. I found what I wanted at Cheaper than Dirt, unfortunately, it was out of stock. I put my name on a waiting list. On February 9th, I received an e-mail notification that the ammo was back in stock. I immediately ordered 500 rounds and my order was accepted. On February 10th, I received an email from CTD that my purchase was "on its way" and I was provided a UPS tracking number.

After waiting more than a week, I called CTD to find out why I had not received my order. I was informed by a CTD customer representative that they would have to investigate and they would get back to me when they had information. Within a couple of hours, I received a call from CTD. I was informed that the shipping label had "fallen off" and the package was lost. I was told I would receive an immediate refund. I told the CTD representative that I understood that these things happen and I was not too upset.

I requested to be put on a priority waiting list so when the ammo was back in stock, I would be given priority on a new order and not have to wait, potentially, another several months. I was told, not only could I not be given priority, I would not even be guaranteed the price of the ammo would be the same in the future.

I do not believe my request is unreasonable considering CTD accepted my order and provided confirmation that my purchase was "on its way". I said I would appreciate CTD reconsidering its response.

Both representatives I spoke to were very polite and professional but ultimately provided unsatisfactory responses.

CTD quickly responded, "We apologize, but we do not know when that item will be in stock or what the price will be."

In other words, they will not make any effort, whatsoever, to remedy this issue in a satisfactory manner.

modified review This review was modified by polyistic on March 03 2015 06:12:29 PM

"I recently purchased a stock and two magazines from this site. I then started to research the site and read a ton of negative reviews. All in all all the items I ordered a where shipped to my residence in 2-3 days! The prices where the cheapest that I could find. I have had a great experience with this company and will certainly due business with them in the future sue to their low prices and shipping."

modified review This review was modified by Toneberg on February 17 2015 05:59:53 PM

"Purchased a Magpul CTR Carbine Stock for my ar-15 and was told it was being shipped. Two days later I received an email stating that they were not able to ship the stock due to them not having any! I called Cheaper Than Dirt and the operator told me that their online inventory is inaccurate and will only display the warehouse with the cheapest price. I asked if any other warehouses had the stock I purchased and she said yes and I can order it. I said okay I will take it. she then informed me that it would be $30 more than I paid originally and I would also have to pay for shipping because I called and didn't use the online store. I will never again use cheaper than dirt. They are crooks and they don't care about making their mistakes right with their customers."

modified review This review was modified by Fidler11 on January 13 2015 02:11:18 PM

"Wish I would have found this website before I bought. Ordered a modern day cowboy combo Beretta 40 cal px4 and cx4. When I ordered the cx4 it was showed to be in stock and $608 and some change. My ffl dealer received the pistol right away but no rifle. So I check their order status and that really did'nt even say they were shipped. But i noticed the price of the rifle was now $795. I figured right then something wasn't right. Got an email today the rifle was no longer in stock and could not be ordered at that price. Called customer service and said that I didn't appreciate how my order was handled. Nowhere along the line was I told the rifle for that price was out of stock. They would not allow me to return the pistol for a refund. Don't believe a reputable business would have shipped one without having the other without first notifying the consumer that one item was unavailable. Now I am stuck with one half of my modern combo screwed over by some modern day jerks"

modified review This review was modified by duramax04 on December 23 2014 04:52:59 PM

"Horrible company! No integrity whatsoever! ! Placed an order that was listed as in stock my credit card was charged and received a confirmation number. Then 4 days later was notified that the item I had ordered had been discontinued and could not be filled. When I went back to their website I found the exact item I had ordered with the same upc # listed as in stock only for a much higher price. It appears they either made a pricing mistake and did not want to honor the order even though they had already charged my card. I sent them an email back explaining the situation and that the supposed "discontinued" item was still clearly available and to please process my order. I got no response for over a week so I finally called them. The CS rep was dismissive and rude. It was as if she had to deal with this type of complaint all day long so knowing CTD wouldn't make a deal or offer a alternate offer she found it best to just be rude and end all the calls abruptly. She also told me that because my order was placed on the weekend CTD had no way to know how many of the item they had so when they found out they had to cancel the order. Give me a break! She was trying to tell me they have no system to keep track of their inventory, although i wouldn't be suprised. I will never do buisiness with them again regardless of the price. Because you can't even trust their listings."

modified review This review was modified by mosad on December 05 2014 04:59:57 AM

"I understand dis-satisfied customer reviews enough, but even after reading all of the negative reviews about Cheaper Than Dirt, I took my chances. Heck, buying with American Express is protection enough for me should I experience what some complaints have spoken of. My experience was a great experience. I ordered four different items on Tuesday, and received three of the items on Wednesday (the next day) and the fourth item two days after ordering (Thursday). They were shipped from two different warehouses, hence the difference. I received exactly what I ordered, in a sooner than expected time frame, in new condition. The prices I paid were all less than other competitors pricing. I have no complaints what so ever. If I had to call American Express, it would only be to give them a positive review of this vendor."

modified review This review was modified by patsrealty on November 22 2014 06:49:21 AM

"as with the other reviews i've read service is bad...ordered online..provided needed documents upon their request....been over a week and when checked on order..still being processed in warehouse...this is totally ridiculous...now order will probably be delayed so will arrive while we are long on vacation...in this day and age when you can order from amazon and receive in 2 days..this should not be acceptable...suggest they hire more people to process orders ....or lose business ..we won't order from them again..."

"I ordered a 1000 rounds of 223. They confirmed the order by email. When the package arrived it was 420 rounds of another brand. They would not send the correct ammo until they received the wrong shipment. Their fault, and they delay my order. Their response, it is our policy. Their policy in effect accused me of being unethical, that I would not return the ammo. They insulted my integrity and my intelligence. I am still waiting for them to send me the ammo that I have already paid for in full. I am very unhappy with them. No reason to make the customer wait for their mistake. "

modified review This review was modified by b310071 on November 12 2014 04:28:41 PM

"I've bought 12 firearms and other items from CTD in the last 18 months and generally find it to be one of the lowest priced online retailers. Shipping is sometimes very fast and other times is painfully slow. It performs the way I expect a large, high volume warehouse merchant to act: impersonal, but efficient.

Shipping fees are great for handguns and low for long guns. However, like most other internet sellers, ammo shipping fees are way too high.

When I required customer service to issue a credit for an item (ammo) I ordered and paid for, but which was ultimately sold out, CTD promptly processed my refund, but was not very cheerful about doing it.

During last year's ammo shortage, and to some extent even today, CTD lost a lot of customers by jacking up prices for .22lr and other popular calibers. Many people have not forgiven it for that behavior. I owe it no loyalty, but will buy from CTD if it offers the lowest price for something I need.

"After a bad experience with Bud's I tried CTD because I wanted a particular model shotgun. CTD showed it in stock, I ordered on Monday midday, and was shocked that it arrived at the FFL dealer on Thursday. I also couldn't believe the $10 flat rate shipping on long guns. Honestly I had quit using them as their shipping on shotshells and smaller items I think to be atrociously high, sometimes as much or more than a $25 order. But for long guns they are IMO one of the best. Oh and the shotgun arrived in pristine-new condition. Not always the case with some online sellers/shippers. Would buy another long gun from CTD. 100% satisfied on this one."

modified review This review was modified by wmv61 on October 30 2014 08:11:41 AM

Share Cheaper Than Dirt's store rating

Cheaper Than Dirt is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Cheaper Than Dirt is not a merchant member
Cheaper Than Dirt does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!