Product & services pricing Rating 5.28/10 5.28/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 3.50/10 3.50/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
    Customer service: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10

"After a bad experience with Bud's I tried CTD because I wanted a particular model shotgun. CTD showed it in stock, I ordered on Monday midday, and was shocked that it arrived at the FFL dealer on Thursday. I also couldn't believe the $10 flat rate shipping on long guns. Honestly I had quit using them as their shipping on shotshells and smaller items I think to be atrociously high, sometimes as much or more than a $25 order. But for long guns they are IMO one of the best. Oh and the shotgun arrived in pristine-new condition. Not always the case with some online sellers/shippers. Would buy another long gun from CTD. 100% satisfied on this one."

modified review This review was modified by wmv61 on October 30 2014 08:11:41 AM

"I sound like a broken record I guess. Terrible Customer service. It really isn't worth shopping at Cheaper Than Dirt to save a few cents. Their service is certainly cheaper than dirt. Ordered something 2 weeks ago. Still in limbo no action on their part. They will "submit a claim" but can't do anything until the claim is settled. It might be months. In the mean time, I can't do anything about the product. I can't order a new one, I won't get this one, I'm pretty much stuck. Not worth the aggravation to shop at Cheaper than dirt."

"Crappiest customer service in the market by FAR!

Ordered and paid for an item, two days later they send me an e-mail to verify my address! I respond within an hour and they tell me they got it and have processed the order. I get an E-mail next day! telling me the item is now out of stock and they are going to reject my order. E-mailed the customer service and explained the situation POLITELY, then received a very rude reply with the attitude that as if they are throwing my money back to my face and rejecting a customer as if they don't give a sh*t!!

This was my first time ordering something from them, and I promise it is going to be my last!

"Found 2 guns I wanted at a 24% savings over next nearest competitor. Ordered and received in 4 days. What's not to love about that? "

modified review This review was modified by Pennsyltuckeyboy on September 21 2014 06:01:31 AM

"I was reviewing this before ordering and had completely forgot that I actually used CTD last year. I checked what I ordered from them and it was some dies for my reloadig machine. They did came on time by UPS so I have nothing bad to say about them. Now,.. I have been reading all these reviews and there are a lot of people that give low stars simply because it is their fault. They make big mistakes like not reviewing their order in the checkout before hitting the order button, others dont check their ticket when they go out of the store( I do this at the supermarket everyday), and there is even a guy who changed his credit card address and expected the company to ship to the correct address(most companies demand that your shipping and billing address agree so this is an oxymoron.) What I bough at the time was last year during the frenzy, and CTD were not the only ones that had their prices jacked up. It was the WHOLE industry so you coming here venting your frustrations about a nationwide event is just plain stupid. Do you do the same each time that gasoline prices go up? The only thing I didnt like was the high shipping charges , but at that time they were the only ones that have the item in stock and even with the shipping charges it still came at a lower price than what I could find anywhere even on Ebay. So, I had the opportunity to accept or not the shipping price before hitting the check out button so that was on me. I have to be fair. now if in the future they misbehave I would be the first to say it here but in my order there was nothing wrong. The only thing that I didnt like of the reviews I saw were people that already had an order done and their prices were not honored because there was a price change that was not reflected online. That I would demand the price to be honored or a complete refund.The reloading dies that I ordered I just checked now and they are at almost double the price that I got them , so still if I were to sell them today i would get my money back. As long as my experience continues to be positive I would continue to order with them . It would be nice if all the people who have a positive experience also replied because most of the times when you have a positive experience you dont to go "vent " online."

modified review This review was modified by Joe71 on September 16 2014 08:29:21 PM

Cheaper Than Dirt User

"Ordered a Sig P250C recently via Cheaperthandirt.com. It came very quickly and was over $100 cheaper than any other price I could find online or in any local FFL dealers. Great website for other stuff like ammo and mags, will keep using. And I am not affiliated with this website before anyone wonders! How can I prove it? Butt hole that's how!"

"Cheaper Than Dirt has extraordinarily poor customer service. A major point of contention is their price gouging. They've increased their ammo prices by several times in just a few years. It's a real disappointment. They're also unwilling to do business with law enforcement officers in more restrictive states. That's okay though; Bud's sent me magazines overnight. Thanks for nothing CTD."

modified review This review was modified by Bandito440 on July 04 2014 05:20:38 PM

"I am very disapointed with this website, I am a new customer but my fiance has been a customer for a while. I purchased something for his birthday which was very important for me to get it on time, and I order it ahead of time and they delivered it to the wrong address and charged it to the wrong billing address as well. I know it was my mistake however when I called customer service I explained how important this was for me to be here on time and instead of offering me to send me a new one because the order was returned they just told me about how I need to wait for them to get it to resend it to me and I need to pay for the shipping. This gift was going to make his day and now I will have to wait over 2 weeks. In a different situation I would not care about the time that the item would take but this is a special ocasion and they should have been a little more empathetic about my situation. Customer Service should be better than this. I will never buy from these people again!!! "

"Awful business ethics. They advertised a box of 1,000 rounds for a certain price. I purchased two boxes and got an email confirmation for two 1,000 round boxes.

Turns out Cheaper Than Dirt made a mistake on their website, and instead of notifying me or even cancelling the order, they changed the description and shipped the boxes of 100 rounds.

"I had been shopping for 10rd magazines for my Ruger Mini-14. Being a resident of New York state, there is a legal limit, not to exceed 10 rounds per magazine. The S.A.F.E. act law, as originally enacted, limited the load capacity to only 7 rounds (in 10rd mag) if used for self defense, but you could load a full 10 rounds if firing at a range. CTD had a good price on a 10 round magazine, so I attempted to order. The order was rejected with the message, sorry we cannot ship to New York state. I emailed their customer service contact inquiring why? Their response, " with the ever changing laws in certain states, blah, blah, blah, we have decided not to ship certain items to certain states. I'm not asking them to do anything illegal, just take the time to interpret the law and offer their products accordingly.
I understand we operate in a free market society; CTD can refuse to sell to New York residents just because, and I can take my business elsewhere. My beef with them involves their not supporting the law abiding gun community with product, because they don't want the perceived risk and back lash from the anti-gunners. Why else? It is very easy to determine 10 round mags are legal in New York, so sell them. I think they're catering to the wrong crowd on this decision.
Just my opinion...

modified review This review was modified by BillinNY on May 23 2014 12:34:24 PM

"Ordered a Sig226 Online. Clerk told me it would be shipped within 5-7 business days. They emailed me as soon as my gun left the warehouse, and also notified me when it was delivered, which was about 4 days later.
Very smooth transaction...Couldn't be happier! Sig Tac Ops .40 is incredible also!

modified review This review was modified by bully5000 on April 23 2014 08:32:17 PM

"Cheaper than dirt is horrible, not only do they consort with anti-gun liberals their prices are a ripoff for the junk that you get, their shipping is outrageously crazy and their rating system is made up. Not to mention you get absolutely barraged with their stupid catalogs and they also sell your personal information to other vendors without your permission."

"I have ordered product from CTD for years. Had one instance where $1400 purchase was shipped incorrectly, I had to document to prove it was their bad, situation resolved, but it took longer than it should. Aside from that one instance, I was a loyal customer, they had excellent pricing, particularly ammo.

But their operations changed. They instituted a $2.99 handling charge for every item ordered, their shipping costs increased (there is no free shipping on any item). The icing on the cake was in Dec, 2012, days after Sandy Hook. #1, CTD halted gun sales citing they had to review their corporate policy. I will not support a company with this corporate philosophy when there are other firms which fervently support our 2nd Amendment. I informed CTD of my sentiments in Dec 2012.

Recently, I checked their pricing on 22LR that I purchased prior to Sandy Hook for $23, a few weeks ago it was $99.59. Don't forget to add the handling charges and shipping! Just this week I was speaking to a business acquaintance and he brought up their 12/2012 decision & stated he no longer buys from them. I guess that is what prompted my reply one year later. And yes, I referred this gentleman to another firm when we discussed shotgun ammunition. I am proud to state during the past twelve months I have made purchases in excess of $3K that could have been CTD. They no longer have the best pricing, some of their product is older generation equipment.

modified review This review was modified by ARSheepDog on December 07 2013 09:57:21 AM

"I read a number of reviews which are quite disconcerting. I am happy to say that my experience was quite stellar.

I had some simple questions which I asked via email from their web site on a Saturday evening. They responded on Sunday a couple of different times.

The item, a barrel, was not available at just about every other place I checked including the major retailers.

I then placed my order on Sunday night with two day delivery after being assured that the item was in stock. The item arrived right on time on Wednesday. (It obviously shipped on Monday because Sunday was a holiday even though the sales people were happy enough to respond to my questions on a Sunday which is just outstanding.)

My experience was 5 stars in every capacity, even above and beyond.

"I've ordered from them several things and haven't had any problems.

I can say this - when Cheaper Than Dirt first started they were awesome when it came to prices. Not sure if someone else is in charge of this now or the owner has gotten greedy over time or what? If I was running this business I would pull a 180 before its too late.

I just watched geeks.com go out of business for the exact same reason. And they were huge.

Cheaper Than Dirt is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Cheaper Than Dirt is not a merchant member
Cheaper Than Dirt does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!