• Rating 1.25/10 14 reviews

CheapPetProducts is not a merchant member
    CheapPetProducts does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!
  • CheapPetProducts contact information

"THIS PLACE IS TERRIBLE DO NOT SHOP HERE!!!! I ordered from her and it has been over a month since I ordered, and I still have not received my products! Customer service refuses to email me back and the website is not working correctly. DO NOT SHOP HERE!!!"

"DiscountedPetProducts.Net

I placed a order, the money was withdrawn from my account. A month later i have nothing. The company will not reply to my emails, and their phone number has been disconnected. I am going to file a claim with my Credit Card Company for fraud, but till then I am out $50+ bucks.

"WARNING. Only wish that I had seen these reviews before I placed my order. Placed order on 19 April 2012, but still not received any goods 7 July 2012. Company refuses to respond to e-mails. AlertPay (now Payza) dispute over non supply of goods upheld, but no sign of any goods or refund. Company also trades under the name DiscountedPetProducts.Net"

"BIG FAT 0! DO NOT GIVE THIS BUSINESS MONEY THEY DO NOT DESERVE IT.

IF YOU DON'T WANT TO RECEIVE YOUR GOODS AND IF YOU WANT TO BE RIPPED OFF THEN CHEAPPETPROCUCTS IS FOR YOU.

IM STILL WAITING FOR MY FISH BOWL APPARENTLY IS AT THE AIRPORT BUT CANT BE TRACKED UNTIL IT GETS HANDED OVER TO AUST POST. NO REFUND, RUDE RESPONSES VERY VERY UNPROFESSIONAL COMPANY SCAMERS IS ALL I CAN SAY SO STAY AWAY

"RIP OFF I placed an order with them because the said they had it in stock. A week later it was not processed yet. I wrote customer service they said my credit card did not go thru. I re submitted the order and wrote them back and told them to cancel the first order and to let me know if they did not have it and let me know if there was a problem with the order. I figured maybe i put the number in wrong. I waited another week looked again still not processed. I wrote them again and told them to just cancel the order. I got an email back saying it was not processed because it was on back order and would be in Tuesday. I figured ok i can wait. I just checked and it says under payment fail. There was plenty of money on the card they justgive people the run around"

"I should have read the reviews about this company before I ordered from them. I bought some blades nearly a month ago and they never arrived. When I asked them where the heck my blades were they said they cancelled my order. Then I got to looking on my credit card and they had not refunded any money. I had to contact my credit card company to get my money back form them. Horrible company! Stay away!"

""Tanks are wrapped in plastic to help protect them from scratches and to allow a person to see what is inside. We have found from experience this works the best overall."

This is 100% NOT TRUE. I ordered a 5.5 gallon tank. 2 days after I ordered it, I spoke to Carlos at www.cheappetproducts.net and he advised that they canceled the order and would refund my purchase price 100% since 95% of the tanks were received broken.

Two and half weeks later, not only did I receive the broken tank, but my money had not been refunded. And the glass tank was in the box NOT WRAPPED AT ALL. It was place in the shipping box as is. No packing materials. No casing... NOTHING. It rattled around in the box!! Bubble wrap my butt... I have pictures to prove it.

I WOULD DISCOURAGE ANYONE FROM ORDERING FROM THIS SUPPLIER.

"I had problems a while ago with CheapPetProducts with long delays and poor communication but was plesantly surprised recently with how they have changed certain policies and taken steps to improve communication.

What first you need to realize is that how they keep their prices so low is that they carry virtually no inventory - they are a reshipper. The stock levels indicated on their site is not what they have on hand but a composite of the inventory levels reported by their suppliers.

Once they receive an order (and payment) they then place an order with their suppliers for the items. In this manner not only don't they have the cost of carrying inventory they don't have the expense of financing either as all purchases are prepaid (they also don't have to deal with bad debt expenses).

The problem is that with this approach they are victim to situations when their supplier short ships to them, items end up being backordered at their supplier, or other problems with getting stock. THE CHANGE RECENTLY is that rather than holding an order when this happens UNLESS YOU TELL THEM to hold the order until all items are available they remove this from the order resulting in a partial shipment (BTW when this happens they do send out a new receipt with the adjusted quantities along with refunding your credit card with the balance).

With this change orders typically ship within 1 week of when ordered - the week delay is simply the result of the fact that to further reduce costs down they have arranged with their suppliers to bulk ship to them rather than each time they place an order. Since they pay for shipping from suppliers this again reduces costs which they pass on to you.

Another 'glitch' with not actually stocking items which leads to many complaints is that they have no control over errors in product descriptions as these are provided by their suppliers. They rely exclusively upon UPC codes for product identification and warn customers of this in the 'fine print' on the site. Not only might the UPC not match the suppliers description, occassionally manufacturers reuse the same code for two different (but similar) products. The result is that what arrives may not be what you thought you ordered.

Lately CheapPetProducts appear to have decided to take further steps to improving communication. Noticed last week they are experimenting with 'online chat' which is available weekday afternoons. They have also posted a warning that they may not receive emails sent to them due to the need for the use of spam filters which might inadvertently snag valid emails and recommend using their "Contact Us" page.

Anyway I gave them another try and recently ordered from them again and was pleasantly surprised with how quickly I received my order (just under two weeks) and I definately won't complain about the price which was less than half (including shipping) what I would have paid at PetSmart.

When purchasing from a deep discounter like CheapPetProducts KEEP IN MIND to keep costs low they need to keep overhead low. This means reducing customer service costs (leading to poor customer service / no returns / no free shipping / ... etc), reducing the cost of carrying inventory (resulting in delays when shipping goods and short shipments), or only selling lower cost goods (typically poor quality knock offs, damaged goods, or reconditioned products).

CheapPetProducts sell premium name brand products at low prices by cutting inventory costs to the bone and keeping customer service costs low... if you want better service and can't wait pay a little more and go to PetSmart.

BOTTOMLINE: You get what you pay for. With PetSmart you pay a premium for convenience and service while with CheapPetProducts you give these up in exchange for much lower prices. You need to decide what is important to you there is a lot to be said for great customer service and often it is worth the extra cost.

modified review This review was modified by Govest on February 26 2011 08:20:52 AM

"Ordered a 10 gallon glass tank. I wasn't able to find any stores who would ship a glass tank. They did and it arrived just fine!"

"Their "customer support" is abysmal. They advertise telephone support on their web site, but it just rings then drops. My time-sensitive order was placed on 9/24 and i received no updates for a few days. After navigating through a poorly designed web site to find where one is supposed to receive web-based support, i was told on 9/29 i''d be getting a tracking number on 10/1. Of course I didn't and they stopped replying to support requests until 10/8. They have yet to call me after I asked twice. I would have never ordered from them had I known the telephone support was false advertising. The product did arrive on 10/13, but by then I had ordered the same product elsewhere from a vendor with MUCH better support. I ended up giving it back to the post office for return to CheapPetProducts. Luckily, American Express has a deal with AlertPay, their payment processor, to do instant chargebacks for problem transactions so I had no trouble getting my money back.

Until they start answering their phone line at 856-637-2588, i would steer far clear of these folks.

"I ordered and paid on 3/06/2009 almost a month later my oreder has not even been processed. I can get no responce to emails. I would recomend you buy elsewhere and I will never buy from them again."

"I placed my order on 10/31/08, today is 2/12/09 AND I STILL DO NOT HAVE MY ORDER! Unanswered emails,unanswered phone calls,phone line busy for days at a time, phone number disconnected... when you finally win the lottery and are able to speak to someone they will not refund your money and promise they will send your order that day... I have been told this NUMEROUS times but 4 months after they took my money I have not recieved a single item from my order. DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THEM!"

"I placed my order on the 3rd of december and did not receive it until the 15th. They didn't bother to ship it for 2 weeks and then when they finally did they shipped it USPS first class instead of the USPS priority mail like I paid for! They not only took forever to process my order but they downgraded my shipping without issuing a refund! I will never buy anything from this company again."

"*Warning* I placed an order on 10/12/08. Half of the items shipped 1 month later 11/12/08. It is now December and the other half of items have still not showed up yet. NO reply to calls made and NO reply to emails. Their customer service line isn't even connected anymore. I WOULD NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS WEBSITE!!! GO SOMEPLACE MORE REPUTABLE like Dr F & S, etc. Hopefully I will be refunded the amount from the items that haven't shipped. "