• CheapOair

Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.39/10 1.39/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.43/10 1.43/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.83/10 0.83/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.25/10 1.25/10

"I was going to leave San Francisco and fly to Sao Paulo in Brazil. I had booked a flight with Cheapoair more than 1 month in advance that was going to have a connection in Toronto. When I went to do my check-in I discovered that I needed a visa that I didn't have to get into Canada. After some discussion I ended up losing my flight. But this was my fault. I should have searched more about needing a visa before this day.

The problem with Cheapoair comes next. I called Cheapoair to see what I could do. Now my stress begun, because ALMOST everytime I called them, I had to wait at least 2 minutes of annoying music until I could reach an attendant, and about HALF of the times the dial was missed (before or during talking with an attendant).

Now, the times when I reached an attendant, somethings happened: the first attendant was talking so low and in low energy (keep in mind I was at an airport and was not so easy to hear low voices in my phone), it seemed he was dying and would rather not be working. I had to end the call and try again. Next, when I reached attendants that were helpful and I was in the middle of the call, the dial was missed (happened twice). When I tried getting back to them (I knew their names), I was attended by other attendants and they didn't even knew the names of their work colleagues and weren't able to transfer my call. The fourth time I reached an attendant, I was attended by a woman with heavy Asian accent. I have absolutely nothing against Asian accents, but since English is not my first language and I was in a loud airport, I had a very hard time understanding everything she said. Still I had no choice, and proceeded to obtain her help.

I learned that I had completely lost my flight and money, even though I had purchased travel insurance with them prior. The only thing Cheapoair could do was to book me a new flight and I would have to pay the full price again. No other options. She only offered my two options, both were more than two times more expensive than the flight I had lost (this was understandable since I was purchasing a same-day flight) and I would have to wait about 10 hours in the airport.
I needed to fly that day, so I had to accept my faith and buy another flight. Since I'm from Brazil, the only way I could pay was to use an international credit card. I gave her my card info and then was told that I had to wait for them to verify the card info. They wanted to call my bank in Brazil and check with them, which gave me a lot of work, since THEY MADE ME call my bank first and find someone that could speak English with them.

After I found and passed the information to them, I waited about 2 hours for the woman to call me back (I had no way to call them since I couldn't reach her using Cheapoair's number and nobody knew how to transfer me to her). She told my the card had been accepted and in under 1 hour my flight info would be e-mailed to me. I thought that my nightmare was finally over and I could relax and wait for my flight. After almost 1 hour, I received an automatic call in my phone saying that my card had been rejected. I tried calling Cheapoair about 10 times, but again, infinite minutes waiting with annoying music and missed calls. It was completely impossible to talk with an attendant this time.

I decided to give up on Cheapoair and since I knew my credit card had not been charged, I decided to buy another flight directly with an airline company. The purchase directly with the airline company was extremely simple and easy, AND was almost $1,000 CHEAPER than the flight Cheapoair had offered me earlier! I couldn't believe it! I took this new flight on that same say and finally made it home.

I think I never had a more stressful and negative experience with a company in my life than the one I had with Cheapoair. I wish that no one ever has to go through such a nightmare as I did. In the end, the solution was simple and SO much cheaper: to just buy from the airline company and ignore Cheapoair.

This review was modified by Viniciusglms on June 26 2015 09:47:53 AM

"6/11/15: Lady from NY called this week and stated that this email below said CAN'T BOOK FOR DIFFERENT NAME BUT IT CLEARLY SILAS EMAILED: " The new ticket can be purchased for you or another person whom you will authorize to travel." Before that I had to wait for more than 40 minutes to be able to talk to supervisor and he told me the same thing that I CAN'T BOOK flight ticket for another person and HAVE to be my nephew name which I originally BOOKED for him last year .

The company disputed my first review. Seriously!!!!!!!!

CheapOair.com Booking # 24492481
cheapoair@cheapoair.com Add to contacts 11/10/14 Keep this message at the top of your inbox

cheapoair@cheapoair.com
Dear Katrina,

Thank you for Choosing CheapOair.com.

As per our Telephone Conversation, we would like to inform you that you have a credit of 188.60usd with CheapOair under your name. This credit is valid for one year from today(10th Nov14) and will expire on 10th Nov15.
This credit can be used against the new purchase of flight reservation upto value of 188.60usd. If the new fare is greater that this value, you will be charged the difference in cost. If new fare is lesser then the credit value, remaining value will be fore fitted. The new ticket can be purchased for you or another person whom you will authorize to travel.

In order to use the credit kindly call us back before making the reservation and speak to one of the supervisors to assist you with the same.

Thank You.
Silas
CheapOair.com.

------------------------------------------

As of 6/4/15: HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICES, DON'T KEEP THEIR PROMISES!!!! I called in to book the flight today under a different passenger name and THEY TRANSFERRED ME TO SUPERVISOR which I had to wait for more than 40 mins and GOT HUNG UP. SERIOUSLY!!! I WOULDN'T RECOMMEND YOU TO BOOK WITH CHEAPOAIR EVER. This will be my first and last time to do business with dishonest people.
SO BEWARE!!!!!!!!! DO NOT BOOK ANYTHING WITH CHEAPOAIR. SHOULD HAVE STAY WITH SOUTHWEST AIRLINE PERIOD. JUST STAY AWAY FROM CHEAPOAIR.
------------------------------------------------------------
On 11/10/14: Silas, CheapOair from New York called me and very professional able to solved my problem. He said I can use the cheapOair credit for the next trip before its expired 11/2015 and can be use for different passenger or book for Hotel.

"I recently purchased Turkish Airline tickets on-line thru CheapOair. In making the reservations I made a typo and incorrectly input the departure date as 5/1/15 rather than 5/2/15. At the Turkish Air counter at JFK I was told that my booking had been cancelled as a “no show” on 5/1/15. The original ticket price thru CheapOair was $1400.60 for both tickets. I flew from Arizona to New York via another airline. When I was informed of the situation by Turkish Air I had to decide to cancel the trip or re-book at a much higher price. I decided to do the latter. I contacted CheapOair and requested that they negotiate a new booking. Cheapoair subsequently informed me that the new ticket price would be $2,812.92 more than double the original fare. I was uncertain as to whether I could afford this but chose to go ahead with it since I was already in New York’s JFK. The Cheapoair agent attempted to read me off a list of charges and penalties related to the rebooking. I informed him that I was in the JFK airport on a cell phone and was not in a position to take notes. I told him that my only concern was the total cost of rebooking. I SPECIFICALLY ASKED THE CHEAPOAIR AGENT “WHEN I RETURN HOME AND OPEN MY CREDIT CARD BILL I WILL SEE A CHARGE FOR $2812.92 AND NOTHING MORE. This was important since I was already stretching my budget. His response was YES. I spent much time on the internet to find the best possible ticket prices since my wife and I are retired seniors living on a fixed income. This trip was 3 years in the planning.
When I returned home the email sent to me by Cheapoair was for $4241.52 which I could never afford and would never have agreed to. I had Discover dispute the (2) $700.30 charges. At that time I contacted Cheapoair and spoke to an agent named Jayden. Told him the situation and he said he would investigate and would have to pull the voice recording of my conversation with the booking agent to confirm my statements. A few days later I received a call from Mandy Michael from the Accounting / Charge Back Department. He said that he had taken over the case. He assured me that he would follow up and keep me informed. On 5/20/15 @ 11:33 am I rec’d a call from him. He said that because of the “dispute status” on the Discover card he would have difficulty in going forward with the investigation. I, “very stupidly”, had Discover remove the dispute. He asked that I email him the “dispute settled” document from Discover. I did not have Discover’s email yet so I cut and pasted from my Discover account showing the dispute resolution. On 5/21/15 @ 2:33 pm he called and requested a better document rather than the cut and paste. I sent him the email from Discover with the official Discover logo. The following day I realized that I had been conned by Mr. Michael. I emailed him and asked if he had requested those documents in order to close his investigation. I never received a response and don’t expect I will.
Cheapoair knew, after listening to the voice tape, that their agent MISREPRESENTED the cost of rebooking and that the final cost would be far in excess of the $2800+ quoted. Under the guise of helping me recoup the $1400+ dollars, I was asked to remove the dispute on the Discover card so that they could avoid their responsibility and close the case.
Jayden (jayden.j.ha@cheapoair.com) Initial contact
Mandy Michael (mandy.m.mi@cheapoair.com) Primary Agent
Accounting / Charge Back Department
646-738-7810 Ext: 83425

This review was modified by warnsperger on June 01 2015 10:18:05 AM

"Purchased my ticket 2 months before my travel outside the country, two days before my travel, I called the airlines , found out I was not booked, called Cheap O Air and asked them Why I was not booked ? so they booked me, then when they booked me my family name and my first name was interchanged, called them back again from morning to evening the day before my flight I did nothing just to talked to them pleading to change my name correctly, most of the time phone was hanged for an hour , imagine the stress, I experienced, but nothing happened instead they offered me to purchase another ticket at much higher price. and the customer service agents are not nice and you can feel that they want more money from you.. I tried another alternative by calling the airlines and told them my story, the agent was so nice and sympathetic and told me to come early in the airport before my flight and maybe the customer service can help me there, a simple problem that they can fix right away but they don't want it because they want more money from you..so be careful purchasing your ticket here............."

This review was modified by sagittarius1206 on April 16 2015 08:26:12 AM

"I was told I could book my excursions within my trip separately if I called back regarding my itinerary. I would also like to know about shuttle options from the airport to the hotel and requested for my fiance and my seats to be together on the plane. I've been on the phone waiting for customer service for one and a half hours with no response because I keep getting transferred and given a phone number that plays recording to wait.. and then returns static. I've let each person who transfers me know I am receiving static...clearly my time doesn't matter. I'm highly unpleased. I tried to chat with customer service.. another 29 minute expected wait time. The one time I was transferred to someone to help me- he couldnt book the excursion and wanted to charge me $30 to secure my flight seats. I called the airline and the seats were already together.. no charge. Thanks Cheapoair. "

This review was modified by MParasimo on April 06 2015 04:42:07 PM

"On 2-16-2015 I booked a a flight leaving and returning flight. The agent I was working with kept saying _ return in March? I said three times return in February. I received the itinerary for I phones an said I do not have an iPhone or cell phone. The rep on the 2-16-2015 said they would email m the itinerary, but did not receive it until 2-18-2015. On 2-19-2015, I called to inform cheapoair of their mistake and was told within 24 hours they would get back to me. I spoke with Terrois (spelling close) he said you do not need me name because to rep. I spoke with would give me a call back. Terrois said they would listen to the recordings and they would let me listen to the recordings. I waited until 2-21-2015 and called them back, the rep said I could wait 45 minutes to speak to a rep or have one call me back in 1 Hour. I said have a rep.call me back in a hour and never received a call back. I called back and the recording said since you have called us several times today we will have you speak to a specialist. that was two hours age and still waiting. DO NOT USE CHEAPOAIR they are not honest. STAY AWAY."

"I reserved a ticket, it was cancelled THREE HOURS before the flight left! I called, freaking out and re-booked (at a higher price, of course!). I booked a refundable ticket, and when I tried to make a change, the agent practically screamed at me and told me to call the airline directly. Then, when I asked for a supervisor, I was placed on hold for 30 minutes and then she hung up. Called back again, I was placed on hold again and then 30 minutes later, they hung up again. Awful, awful customer service, and they really don't give a crap. Every other website rates them poorly, the unethical employees probably come on here and cheat their way to a higher rating on this site. You've been warned - don't deal with these unethical people!"

This review was modified by cheapoairisthedevil on February 22 2015 08:09:20 AM

"I booked my ticket 5 months in advance for my wedding! It is Jan 30th and they have just informed me my departure time has changed, plus the date I had scheduled to return home was changed. I tried to get my date changed back in order to actually have more then three days with my family for our wedding. I went back and forth with the airlines and the travel company for four hours. Finally I asked a supervisor to contact the airlines with me to get the mess sorted out. After she had to hold she said there was nothing she could do and to call back on Monday. I refused to take that as an answer, just because she did not feel like holding. The lady then began screaming at me and becoming very aggressive. I asked if I could then speak to her supervisor, where she informed me that the person was busy and unable to talk to me. I said I could hold and wait for the person, she then was screaming at me again and laughed and said what are you going to stay on hold all day! I said mam you realize this phone call is being recorded, and then I asked for her name where she refused to give it to me and placed me on hold AGAIN! I would suggest just going with the airlines themselves!"

This review was modified by amandaemerson on January 31 2015 12:47:57 PM

"Great prices! GReat customer service too! We had to change our flight when we were overseas and they were able to help!"

"I purchased a ticket in August to fly from Denver to Patagonia, Chile. Luckily right before Christmas, I decided to check my seats one more time. the airline had changed the first leg of my flight to leave later, arriving in Miami 2 hours AFTER my next flight was to depart for Chile. Cheapoair did not notify me nor did the airlines. The airlines said I had to go through cheapoair to get new flights. On Saturday, the cheapo air rep was rude and unhelpful. They are based in Delhi. I was put on hold many times, refused a supervisor, and finally told to call back Monday (they don't even answer the phones on sunday). On Monday after many holds, the rep had it fixed and said I would get an email on Tuesday. No email on Tuesday and the LAN airline site still had me on the original schedule....I then talked with a cheapoair rep who said nothing had been fixed but that he would fix it. He took my number in "case we get cut off". We got cut off and he never called back. I am now on hold with another rep who says she has it fixed and put me on hold to confirm with LAN air....It has been 30 minutes and I am STILL on hold.... We will see. I will NEVER use these guys again!"

"Stay away from these cowboys. I purchased a ticket for a friend from cheapoair and at the point of purchase , baggage showed up as 2PCs. On the day before travel . The baggage allowance on the airline Chekin came up as 1PC. My baggage allowance on same flight , same travel date was 2PC. But my ticket was purchase from a more reputable travel agency.

The airline stated that the cheapoair will need to cotact them to update the baggage allowance. After multiple trials. I finally spoke a rude guy who immediately said "there is nothing we can do , you bought the ticked" . I dropped the call and called back and spoke to same guy with same response.

Stay away from these people even of they offer you a free ticket. If I had read thier reviews I would not have went near thier site.

Also details on the ticket doesn't match what airline have on their website. Also on same ticket, my friend was unable to check in online while I am able to. The only difference is that the tickets were purchased from 2 different agency but same flight

Very bad customer and shabby service. Complete cowboy agency.

This review was modified by Adind on December 22 2014 11:54:20 AM

"I booked a round trip via this website but couple days ago the schedule of the flight company has changed , they deal with my request very low effeicency, and their customers service call me at 4 am in the morning (here is Singapore but before they dial the number they never consider this ) ,I gave them what I request but they still send me the schedule I deny before , I am not gonna book any trip on this website anymore ."

This review was modified by pariszhao on November 27 2014 03:14:51 AM

"This is the most dishonest company I have ever dealt with. They overcharged my credit card for $200.00 and then said I would receive a refund within 7 to 14 days. It has been 4 weeks and counting. All anyone can tell me is that it is awaiting a supervisor approval. This is the second time this has happened. I will never use this company again. "

This review was modified by Cmpere on October 27 2014 02:19:24 PM

"I find cheap tickets fast which is good for me in a long distance relationship!"

This review was modified by berrya09 on October 01 2014 03:13:30 PM

"Worst Customer Service I ever had - This is horrible experience I have ever had with a business.
First I'll tell you WHAT happen-
When I bought a ticket before, my husband called and asked about price on the website, the guy says "will send email for us", we've received a price was $80-$90 more then I found on the their website, then I bought a ticket online with their company with a insurance.
In fact, After two days, I realized my last name on the passport was different, then called them asked add on my last name as same as on passport, the lady says we needed pay $150 more, we told them cancel it, because we had a insurance, she says as pay same as $150 more.
At this point - we tried talk to manage, the guy ( before wanted to charge more money one ) tells us will charge $350 more.
WHAT ? ARE YOU KIDDING ME - CheapOair took around $300 from our card, and unless we take them to court -
$300 is "only" $300 but to us it's about principal, and this was the absolute worst customer service I have ever deal with in my life, They don't care about you!
We would advise everyone to NEVER use CheapOair.
Don't give to them chance to take your money!

Share CheapOair's store rating

CheapOair is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

CheapOair is not a merchant member
CheapOair does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!