Chadwick's Reviews - chadwicks.com Ratings at ResellerRatings

Rating 1.50/10 23 reviews

Chadwick's is not a merchant member
Chadwick's does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!

"Ordered a leather jacket, fit great, looked great except it was shipped through the postal service as all there items are. When I finally received it, the jacket was so wrinkled I had to return it for another. When I received that jacket, it was wrinkled but not quite as bad but it did not fit like a true 4 as the other, kept it anyway, I know that leather will stretch somewhat. Lousy idea for a company to send clothes postal service. All there items are sent through the postal causing punctures in packages and clothing to have wrinkles beyond comprehension.I purchased a wood blend jacket and a pair of size 4 pants. They were suppose to be a size 4, both
were like a size 6. Sent the jacket back for a credit and the pants back to swap for a sweater. They sent me an email and said the sweater was no longer available. So I canceled the order. To my surprise, I thought I would have a credit, but instead they charged me $20 for shipping the returned items to me and for me sending them back. I WILL NOT EVER ORDER FROM CHADWICKS AGAIN!!!. When I pay the $20, I will be canceling my credit card with them and will never make purchase from them again. Buyers Beware! Just for FYI there is a law regarding this. It's called the Uniformed Commercial Code, Article 2.

modified review This review was modified by Gratefulilearned on January 26 2014 11:39:15 AM

"Buyer beware! Do not shop at Chadwicks! In December 2010, I returned a pair of shoes I ordered from them. For whatever reason, they gave me a merchandise credit for $70. In April 2011, I again placed an order for a suit. After 6 weeks, no suit, so I called them and after speaking to 3 different people, I found out that the item was backordered. A few months later I called again and was told that the order was cancelled because it was no longer available. Now, I still have that $70 credit but they will not let me use it because it was issued when they were owned by another company! So, essentially, I am shit-outta-luck for $70...no item, no check, no nothing! Oh, and then I started an complaint with Connecticut Better Business Bureau. They wouldn't even touch it! They said Massachusetts BBB would contact me to file a complaint. They never did. I cant get anyone to speak to me when I call their 800 number, Nobody answers my emails, they DO NOT HAVE a customer service department! I used to order from them all the time but since they sold out, they have absolutely no integrity, they out-right LIE and they are not at all an honest company!!! Buyer beware-Do not shop!!!"

"I purchased a pair of pants from Chadwick's on 10/27/2011 and returned it via USPS on 12/27/2011 because the pants ran small. I have STILL not received a refund, although I have confirmation Chadwicks received my return on 12/29/2011. I called customer service back in January 2012 regarding this matter and I was informed so astutely by customer service "the item was 'probably' in the warehouse and to "call back in 30-45 days". I called back the other day and there is a message on their IVR about bankruptcy and it gives an email address to send complaints for orders made before the new company took over. Well I sent the email and guess what...BUPKIS!This is an unacceptable way of handling business and quite frankly I am no longer interested in purchasing from Chadwicks again!"

"I wish i could give them no stars! Their customer service use to be wonderful - no longer! I have had a problem since January. It is now April. I placed an order with a promo code. They are now saying unless I can remember the promo code they are going to charge me the full price. I have an email confirmation from them with the discount. Ever time I call to get my credit card credited, I talk to someone different. When I ask to talk to the person I spoke to the last time, they say there is no one by that name! The last person I spoke to said they would have a tech guy check into what the code was - this turned out to be a lie. NEVER will I order there again!!!!"

"Good LUCK! Talking to someone is impossible resolving an issue good luck - best way to get results is to dispute the charge only way they get back to you- Don't order from them HOrrIBLE Service!!!"

Walnut Creek, CA

"Three e-mails were not answered and I could not wait forever
to be on hold due to “high customer volume”.
There is no customer service at all!
It is one way, sold and forget. Whatever arrived will be yours no matter what.
Bad company, stay away!
Michael, CA

"Chadwick is a very bad company. i just hope they are not fraudulent. i made an order since October 21, 2011, as at today December 10, 2011, they are yet to be delivered. i called the customer service, no one could trace my order. i was told they do not have it on their system."

"I placed an order with chadwicks on 10/27 and have yet to receive it - I called and their customer service # says all circuits are busy try again later, I emailed and got no response and called the order line and they said they couldn't help me even when I said I wanted to talk to a supervisor. Its a different computer system and they don't have access - I'm so ticked off - who can I contact to report them for negligence?"

"I have fallen into the trap of a company who claims to have great Customer Service. Chadwick’s has no customer service! I placed an order on 9/30/11 and have yet to have received it - today is 10/18/11. Beware, when you order from them and there is ANY problem whatsoever, do not let them convince you that an item has been shipped. They are liars! Bring them to task immediately! I just called there, was transferred to 3 people and never got an answer. I demanded to have the dress sent to me overnight-their answer was they do not ship overnight! I gave them my telephone number and asked for a call within 2 hours-their answer was we cannot guarantee that. What exactly CAN you guarantee? I believe they have 2 chimpanzees working in the warehouse packing orders. I am so angry. I am going to get my attorney involved. Yes, it will be expensive, but a nice settlement will be worth all the trouble. This company needs to be brought down. Spread the word - DO NOT SHOP CHADWICKS!!! Oh, and as you can see by this website…Chadwick’s does not participate with this site and will not see my complaint. Hopefully possible customers will see the post prior to ordering from this derelict company!!!"

"Stay away from Chadwicks! Horrible customer service. False information. Not sincere.

I ordered 2 items from them in April 2011 for my college graduation
ceremony in May. Even though, I was signed up as a user on their site, I
never received an order confirmation but learned that it was backordered
by logging into my account on their website. However, the item was on
backorder for months (until June 2011 when my husband's credit card was
charged and I was reminded by the order through him), so I did not get
to wear the items for my graduation ceremony and due to my busy school
and work schedule, I forgot about the item until the credit card was
charged.

That made me check the status on the order on their website and it
showed that it was being "processed". So, I thought "great", I did not
need to worry about it. I was thinking, "okay, the order was backordered
and now late, that's fine, I can wear it to another event." That was June.

I was wrong.

It is now end of July going into August! 4 months! I have not received
my order, I have not received a confirmation that the item was being
processed, shipped nor that the credit card was charged. NO ONE told me
anything. There was not an e-mail, a phone call or even just a simple
automated e-mail confirmation about the process.

I contacted them and the representative, "Sally" (I wouldn't even
consider them a representative, more like, pointless figures) told me
that my item was cancelled after 60 days being backordered. I was
FURIOUS because not any of the pointless figures notified me! No one
even explained why the credit card was charged and why my order showed
processed and shipped. They tell me a "story" that my order was
cancelled and that I should place a new order. Bullcrap!

I am still in the process of getting this straightened out. But I wanted
everyone to know how they run their business. I demanded for my orders
to be shipped or give me my full refund. I told them their apology was
not sincere nor accepted. I told them to not give me any excuses about
their system giving errors on the orders. I have worked in customer
service and I know things can get resolved if they were truly sincere
and legit. But they are not. I wanted no explanation, it is too late for
that. I now wanted my orders shipped to me or a refund. I will be
letting everyone know about my experience and make sure Chadwicks
horrible service is known.

Do not shop at Chadwicks.

Complained: 07/27/2011

Charlotte, NC
U.S.A.

noodle192000's Avatar
Dallas, TX
Rating 4/102/5

"I have ordered from them twice and both times (I figured the first time was a fluke and gave them the benefit of the doubt) the clothes fit totally differently than the picture. I like the overall design of the clothes, but the fit just hangs off of me and I'm going to end up getting them altered. Their shipping was a little bit sluggish as well. Overall, I probably won't order from them again."

"Order was delivered late, 8 business days after shipping, when shipping confirmation specified that the delivery would be in 4-7 days. Delivered to local Post Office and not my home with no notification that this was going to happen. I normally get UPS deliveries to my home all the time. Customer service unwilling to refund the $12.95 shipping charge when I returned the items. They said they don't make any exceptions on shipping charges. Terrible custormer service. "

"I absolutely LOVE Chadwicks! I have never had any trouble with returns when there was a problem with the merchandise. If I felt I deserved it, for an error of theirs or dissatisfaction with the quality of these merchandise, I simply requested free return shipping and I ALWAYS got it.
The quality of the clothing is top rate. When they still left orginal maanufacturer's names on their products I was astonished by the familiar brand names. Now, they just have their own name on everything but the quality is still tops. I used to be a retail manager, and believe me, I know quality. I have rarely been disappointed by Chadwick's and just about everything I wear comes from there. P.S, Their sales are not to be believed especially with coupons. Highly recommend!

"Slow, pricey shipping.
Sent the wrong item/size after it was backordered for a month.

"I have ordered from Chadwicks several times for my wife and have always been happy. The clothes are nice, the prices are good, returns are easy, and shipping is good."