• CellUnlock.net

Chance of future purchase: Rating 6.81/10 6.81/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 6.43/10 6.43/10
    Customer service: Rating 6.56/10 6.56/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 5.83/10 5.83/10

"I purchased an unlock code from CellUnlock.Net on 8/8/15. It was for my Samsung Galaxy S4 that I was trying to sell. I wanted to unlock my phone for resale sale value. I did consider the fact that I could possibly buy an unlock code that failed to unlock my phone, so I was sure to look over the return policy that CellUnlock.Net displayed on their website. It say's "If you claim the code doesn't work, Refund will only be given if VIDEO PROOF is provided". This made me feel confident in purchasing an unlock code from CellUnlock.Net because trusted that if the code provided did not unlock my phone, I could send them video proof of that and they would honor their return policy and refund my money. I thought wrong!

At first knew this was a very shady company shortly after placing my order on PayPal. A few hours had passed after placing my order and I failed to receive my instant unlock code via email like I should have. This made me nervous so I attempted to cancel my PayPal order and was told I needed to dispute the charge in order to do so. So I filed a dispute and received an email from CellUnlock.Net threatening to blacklist the MEI number to my phone as lost/stolen (This would make my phone unusable on any network) if I didn't drop the dispute.

That scared me as I cant sell a phone with a blacklisted IMEI number, so I called PayPal and cancelled the dispute. I would later regret doing this because once you cancel a dispute for a transaction you couldn't re-open it for any reason. I would latter regret this. Looking back now I have to wonder if they even have the power to wrongfully blacklist an IMEI or if that was just a threat to scare me into canceling the dispute.

It took almost a week to receive my unlock code despite the fact that they advertised an instant unlock code. When I finally received it I attempted to use it and got the message "Network Unlock Request Unsuccessful". When I reached out to them about this I t took several days to get a response. In face I has to reach out to them several times and it always took 3-4 days to get a response. I tried calling the number provided on their website but that went to voicemail ever time. When they finally got back to me it was with a long detailed list of things to try in place of the unlock code. I am not at all savvy with electronics, so this was very confusing to me. Never the less I tried everything they threw at me only to become disappointed when it didn't work.

After a couple weeks of trying new things and getting nowhere I messaged them t requesting either a new working Unlock code or a full refund. The reply I received was instructions to take a video recording that showed me accessing the IMEI number on my phone followed by my attempt to unlock the phone using the unlock code I received from CellUnlock.Net. I was told that it needed to be uploaded to YouTube and provided to CellUnlock.Net via email in the form of a link and not an attachment. I provided them everything they requested and followed their instructions to T.

I received a response from CellUnlock.Net 4 days later. I was sure it would be a conformation that they had refunded me my $24.99. Instead it was yet again another set of long instructions on another possible way to unlock my phone. I followed those instructions and once again they too did not work. The response I got from them was "try those instructions again". I was getting nowhere.

My final email to CellUnlock was on 8/27/15. Yes, it had been almost a month of going back and forth with them since my order was placed and I was still no closer to a resolution than I was day one. I asked them to please honor their return policy and refund me my money as I provided the video they requested. I never received a response. Please see the link to the YouTube video below which shows the unlock code was unsuccessful.

This review was modified by nessado82 on September 06 2015 07:24:59 PM

"I was highly skeptical that this would work but I submitted my order and after the weekend I got my code. I plugged it in and it worked! Make sure to follow the instructions.

This review was modified by Ceedub81 on August 31 2015 11:24:19 AM

"amazing excellent customer service. i didn't expect customer service sending the replies fast. they done it so fast. i don't know have words to say but CELL UNLOCK NET ARE AMAZING GUYS "

This review was modified by jiniren_2004 on August 26 2015 05:24:22 AM

"NOT RECOMMENDED!!! ..........................................."

"I am a firm believer of determining true character when things do not go as planned. Cellunlocker.net failed this test woefully.

I purchased an Unlock code for the LG G4 on 07/31/15 as I needed to be able to use my US phone while in Barbados for a few weeks. Their website said 24 - 72 hours so I figured I could wait out a few days. 192 hours later (08/08/15), I sent them an email inquiring about the status of my unlock code and I got the most unprofessional response ever. The rep passed the blame to my carrier as you can see below

"Sorry for the delay and inconvenience. T-Mobile has imposed a unscheduled delay on the new phones which have the factory Unlock Application which includes your LG4. The code source says the delay will carry till 8/17. We apologize for T-Mobile's delay, please do not look negatively upon us because of their delay. Best Regards,CellUnlock.net "

If I was notified by them after placing the order that there would be a delay, perhaps I would have been more willing to wait 408 hours(08/17/15) for something they claimed they could do in 72 hours but it is now 576 hours (08/24/15) and I still do not have the code nor refund.

I requested a refund on 08/09/15 and I still have not heard a word back from the merchant.

Not that a code is even acceptable at this point. I just want my money back and the merchant is going mute on me.

I would steer clear of this merchant. You cannot rate a company as good when they are incapable of handling tough situations properly.

"Good, polite service. Made it quicck with my q10. I even got a discount. Totally 5 stars."

"Great service 100%, very reliable and fast

"I had a positive experience unlocking my Samsung Galaxy S5 with CellUnlock.net. I was referred to CellUnlock.net from an article on AndroidCentral.com. So I felt confident in using this service. I ordered the service and waited. However, I got very concerned after reading the wide variety of mixed reviews. I used CellUnlock.net customer contact the next morning to inquire about my order status because my order was not showing up in my order history which concerned me even more. I'm very happy to say that I got a response about an hour later and then my unlock code within the next hour. So my experience with CellUnlock.net has been great! Thanks so much!"

This review was modified by focusphoto18 on July 15 2015 07:53:04 AM

"Good service. Got my unlock code in less than 24 hrs. Very satisfied "

This review was modified by SamN3 on July 14 2015 05:43:10 PM

"Yay! It worked! My phone was initially locked with Fido and was in the process of switching to Telus. Initially, I made the mistake of not unlocking my phone before cancelling my current cell phone plan. Therefore, after officially switching to Telus, my phone was not under any cell network as I was still locked with Fido. The fee to unlock through Telus was $50 and I wanted to find a cheaper alternative. For my Samsung Galaxy s4, it was $20USD ($26CAD). I was skeptical but i realized, if it doesn't work I would just file a case with PayPal. Cellunlock will ask for the IMEI and cell network you're phone is locked to. I checked my settings and put in the15 digit IMEI # and Canada as the country it was locked to. I went on their website at 9AM and didn't get anything up until 24 hrs later. (approx. 7AM the following day) They responded and said to punch in *#06# on my dial pad to get the correct IMEI as the one I gave was wrong. It turns out, there are 15 digits followed by "/" and an additional 2 digits. Also,my phone was locked to Fido so I should state that instead of just Canada. I received my code approx at 3AM the day after. It took a little less than two days to get my code. I punched in the Unlock Code after turning on and off my phone and IT WORKED. I WAS SHOCKED. THOUGHT IT WAS A SCAM. I'm still shocked haha. I saved approx 25 bucks though! Totally recommend it, just be patient! "

This review was modified by MCreviewsCellUnlock on July 11 2015 09:14:54 AM

"This is the worst site ever,full of lies and scams they cheated me and they never refund.
Cellunlocker.net is the best they never cheated

This review was modified by Everesthimalaya on June 26 2015 03:19:38 AM

"I was going to use my friends paypal account and it ended up not turning out so i used my own. The names ended up different and it was sent to some random email of his. i contacted them and cleared it up in less then a hour. great customer service."

"The times they advertise on their website are clearly meant to reel people in and do not correspond with my experience of their 'service' which was totally unresponsive until I opened a dispute with Paypal. Funnily enough, they then got really good at responding to messages and came through with the unlock codes I requested, which they claimed to have sent already but clearly hadn't. During my interactions I found the seller's responses to be extremely unhelpful and defensive. I would not recommend them. "

This review was modified by BCM9000 on June 24 2015 02:14:56 AM

"Love the service got my code in 6 hrs no problem unlocking my phone will be using it again soon."

This review was modified by Mutia on June 20 2015 11:38:22 PM

"I just unlocked my BB Tour with CellUnlock.net and I was pleasantly surprised at how easy it was, and how clear the directions were. CellUnlock.net asked me to write an honest review, either good or bad so here it is. I have been thinking about doing this for several months since it once again became legal as I would like to use my phone when I vacation in Europe. I am not tech savvy with regard to cell phones; I currently use a TracFone and only use the phone and text. I procrastinated with trepidation for all those months and finally bit the bullet. I placed the order late yesterday and this morning my code was waiting for me along with a link to instructions. It hardly took any time at all. Thank you, CellUnlock.net! I chose this company because it was suggested in a Crackberry article. Thank you, Crackberry!

This review was modified by mountainmama33 on June 12 2015 11:39:26 AM

Share CellUnlock.net's store rating

CellUnlock.net is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

CellUnlock.net is not a merchant member
CellUnlock.net does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!