CedarPC Reviews - cedarpc.com Ratings at ResellerRatings

Rating 3.50/10 56 reviews

CedarPC is not a merchant member
CedarPC does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!

"A motherboard they claimed to be just "Open Box", was used, damaged and returned with stains of soda from the previous owner. Was just not working propertly when tested, giving no image at all. Very disappointing"

modified review This review was modified by holombalam on March 09 2014 12:42:23 AM

"I would give it zero stars. These people have quite a racket going. Their MO is to advertise items that have been repackaged as "new" or "open box". Rather then tell you what is not included or what does actually work, they instead list what is "included" and what does work. That way when you get your item and it is incomplete or does not function, they simply pass it off as not their fault because they gave all the information necessary. I ordered an item that came incomplete and was therefore unusable. The charged me for shipping initially, I had to pay return shipping, and they charged me a 15% restocking fee! This is on an item that was worthless out of the box! It cost me $50 to do business with Cedar PC and I have nothing to show for it. If you want to order from these people, you might as well just send them a check and tell them to keep it.

I was a moron for trusting these scam artists. Don't be moron like me. Pay a little more and get your product from a reputable retailer, not these thieves.

"Bought a motherboard online from them recently. Ad did NOT indicate that it was refurbished. However, when I tried to register the serial number of the board with MSI, MSI support said it was a refurbished one.

Emailed CedarPC and their response was that I should RMA it. That's it. Email had like one sentence in it. No apologies, no explanations, no admission of a mistake.

I can only assume that they sell remanufactured / refurbished items on their site all the time but conveniently leave out those phrases.

modified review This review was modified by DR4296 on January 16 2014 11:13:47 AM

"Sold me a "refurbished" camera that didn't work. I sent it back, they said they couldn't reproduce the problem (didn't is more like it). I'm out shipping to and from and to add insult to injury a restocking fee of 15% so they can sell it to some other poor sucker."

"I would never buy another item from CedarPc. Most items they sell are returned items and they never check them for functionality and sell it back online. You are better off buying some place with a more honest business model. I ended up with a bad receiver and have to pay from my pocket."

modified review This review was modified by MJavarian on October 13 2013 07:33:55 AM

"Sold me an open box receiver. Three days after invoicing they canceled sale saying item was " no longer available". Totally hosed me as I had no time to get an express shipment in of an alternative receiver to install for a large party and reception. Had to go commercial local. Cost me over a $100 out of pocket. STILL no explanation as to why despite repeated emails asking for explanation.

Lousy, lousy customer service and deceptive advertising.

modified review This review was modified by Rtn77 on September 06 2013 11:25:36 AM

"Big Fan. Over the past 5 years or so I have purchased 2 IBM desktops, 2 IBM Thinkpads, 2 Acer TravelMates, 1 small Acer N270 and a couple of internal parts. I was kind of surprised by their 4.5 rating. I love this place and recommend them to everyone who is in the market for refurbished equipment. I have not had any problems with any of the computers. After 4 years one of the IBM thinkpads got a bad connection on the motherboard due to heating and cooling. This is the first place I go to find computers, and usually the only place. I saw their rating and wanted to give them my 5 stars, because their low prices and quality equipment encourage me. Now in a small way I can encourage them."

modified review This review was modified by jecarnell on July 19 2013 01:03:32 PM

"Great refurbished PC seller. Shipped quick with no problems. Barebones product for cheapest prices."

modified review This review was modified by dragonbeats on June 24 2013 07:23:30 PM

"Pretty much the whole experience was terrible. I ordered a Plantronics Pro+ headset that was sent with an open internal package. The user's manual was missing when there should have been one. It did not pair with my phone. I sent it back at my expense and was told it "worked". I ask for proof and they refuse to, giving me sad excuses. I am charged 15% restocking fee and not reimbursed for the $10 shipping fee. Don't buy anything from them."

Rating 4/102/5

"Pros: They do respond to email
Cons: Sent me a supposedly refurbished item that was simply a broken/returned item, including a dead battery installed. Then, made me pay for return shipping for a refund. Yuck.

"Did a lot of research on this seller and mostly positive reviews. So I ordered a Nintendo DSi XL on Wed 2/27, shipped 2/28 and received by 3/2 (2 days)! Received as promised - refurbished grade A, included what was promised. Highly recommend this seller! Fast shipping, great prices, and no issues to report."

"Wow... The products here are very good and cheap. Last week I bought a Dell CPU there. After 1 week working, I saw it is very good, the chip inside is strong and well working. The price is reasonable, just 200USD. If I buy at any store outside, it will cost 300USD or more and maybe we will fix it many times when we buy it. I love this website, I will introduce it to my friends."

Rating 4/102/5

"Keep in mind when dealing with these people that *everything* they sell is refurbished. It's labelled if you know where to look, but if you're just shopping on Google, you'll miss it. I did, and I got burned on a damaged pair of headphones that I thought were new.

I suspect that if you take the time to read the "specification" [sic] section, you'll get what you expect, however if you don't they will have no sympathy for you. If you catch your mistake within 14 days, you'll get off with a 15% restocking fee, otherwise you're out of luck.

Rating 8/104/5

"I was able to get a Lenovo G575 4383 for $320.00 which is a good deal for a okay computer. However, the computer arrived with a defective screen. I understand that this is something that happens inevitably when dealing with computers, so I was concerned about their return policy holding up to what they promised. It did. The only thing to complain about was that I had to pay for the return shipping of the defective unit. However, it's made clear when you purchase the product before hand. "

"you should look at other merchants before purchasing from here. I bought the lowest price emachines computer and got what I paid for. It did not have some software which I am forced to buy online, the mouse was heavily scratched and there were no speakers. I am sorely disappointed in having to purchase software that came with every emachines new. they said they would take it back (at paypal request only) but still I have to pay 15% restocking fee. Don't buy here. Don't bother calling either, they are Chinese that don't seem to speak much english."