Stores > Carmonkeys.com

8AM-5PM RST
      1-888-822-2839
      info@carmonkeys.com
      1-888-822-2839

Voice your opinion! Review Carmonkeys.com by clicking a star below.
2017-05-20

They lie and steal from people

"They are the most dishonest company, we order a motor for $750, and when we view the motor we realized it was to big for what we need, we didn't touch or unpack the motor and talk to the delivery guy that we want to returned, he was OK and we sign the return form, when I email the company about the situation they stated that they with refund $320 until they received the motor back, a week later I ask what happen with the rest or the refund and this is what they said back and forward:
"" CarMonkey: That is all your getting back the transaction is completed. You were charged the shipping back and partial cost of the shipping we spent to send this motor to you.
Me: SO you are telling me that you are charging me $445 for that, are you insane, this is a robbery I want my refund
CarMonkey:: Knock your self out. You were told before that you were being charged the shipping back and restocking fee. ""

2016-11-29

DO NOT USE CARMONKEYS.COM

"I ordered a transmission for my car from this company that has the 5 year warranty. My first complaint is it took two weeks to process the payment. I called and had to wait half an hour just to get someone. When they answered i was told it was shipped out a week prior and that it would be here the next day at the latest. Then when i got the email that had shipping details, it had only been processed an hour after i got off the phone with customer service and not shipped yet. I then had to go and pick up the transmission an hour drive away or wait another week. Still got charged the shipping. After having the item installed by a shop, they said the internal pump was bad. So now i am sitting on hold again, but am now just under an hour wait time. I need to get this transmission swapped for one that is good but this place wont pick up the phone. I would rate this less than a star and as a complete ripoff."

2016-02-24

Refused to honor 5-year warranty after 1-year engine knocks

"I bought a 7.3l instead of a 6.9l engine. They are the same engine and are compatible. Found seller on Ebay, arranged purchase on the phone, was sent invoice and paid via PayPal. A little over a year later the engine started knocking. They told me to get documented diagnosis from an auto shop. When I sent it in they denied the warranty on basis it was not the correct engine for my truck. The salesperson I dealt with was aware of my minor upgrade to the slightly larger engine. Now I am stuck with a broke truck again and wasted $4000 for install and purchase of the engine for one year of operation. They should verify warranty compatibility via VIN otherwise I would have gotten the 6.9 or gotten documentation it is a valid substitute. After denying my warranty claim they simply stopped responding when I raised the compatibility issue."

2015-12-03

"My brother ordered an engine from them that was supposed to be rebuilt and tested.

What we received was a junk engine with over 200k miles on it, it was not rebuilt and still had old spark plugs, oil filter, cut cables/wires and hoses attached to it. The yard that they bought the engine from was many states away (they claim to be in New Jersey which should be an immediate red flag) and they had left tags on the engine indicating who they were. We were able to find their contact information and talk to them.

They claimed to have no idea that the engine had been bought/sold by an outfit claiming the engine was rebuilt and tested. They came across as pretty angry actually and didn't know what to tell us except to contact Carmonkeys.

Contacted a trial lawyer friend who agreed to help us out and after two hours of letting the phone ring, yes, seriously, we finally got a hold of someone at carmonkeys who tried to explain to us that it didn't matter where the engine had come and was untested, that their stellar warranty would cover it.

Nope, we were not going to mess with that, it was obvious this was a scam. Immediately threatened legal action from lawyer friend that was on the line with us. We explained that the only way to avoid legal action was to get our money back and that we were not going to pay to ship a trash engine anywhere. Lawyer friend chimed in and explained precisely how we were going to proceed with legal action if they did not agree to these terms. Additionally, prior to calling, we'd contacted the credit card company and they initiated the process to reverse the charges.

I guess they knew they were caught and that's why they acquiesced and we got the money back. The junk engine is still here, they never sent anyone to pick it up.

We thought we were done with them, but then we started to receive anonymous harassing/obscene google voice calls (unable to track them with caller ID). We had obviously made them very mad, but they felt like they needed to get us back. The calls stopped after a few months.

Because of these calls, I am not going to list my order number or order date. This is meant as a warning to other people to avoid this company at all costs. Google them to see that this is not an isolated issue.

2014-01-22

"I had to order transmission for my old Dofge 1984. They had it, order was delivered to my mechanic in 6 days. Transmission was replaced and car runs. What else? They had low price and free shipping and they sent email with tracking info. Worryless transaction."

Share Carmonkeys.com's store rating

Carmonkeys.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Carmonkeys.com is not a merchant member
Carmonkeys.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!