Stores > Cardpool

Customer service: Rating 1.34/10 1.34/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.25/10 1.25/10
2017-02-11

Two checks received in exactly 1 week

"I sold to Carpool two Apple gift cards (both $25) and received my checks today, exactly 7 days after I sold them. I was very worried because of all the negatives reviews, which I read only afterwards. So I started to send them email and I also left a voicemail. I have to say, it is true that I did not receive any answer, neither to the email nor to the call. However I received the checks in 7 days, which seems very good to me. Cardpool buys gift cards at a much higher price (about 90%) than what is normally around (79-75% of the balance). Probably they could do better with their customer service, but still.. I think they do a great job to help people get rid of unwanted cards. "

This review was modified by giulia_marotta on February 14 2017 12:30:12 AM

2017-02-08

The old grey mare just ain't what she used to be... many LONG years ago.

"These guys used to be good, I could order online and get the product back electronically in 15-20 minutes. What the HELL happened? Now you have do give up your first born, talk to some idiot over the phone so they can verify what you have already given them on the website when you placed the order. Then the waiting begins. It really takes a day or more to validate a payment and send the purchased product over the web? Give me a break, this has gone way beyond ridiculous!
I basically echo what the other negative reviews have said. They used to be go but now they ****.
Hey guess what? My order status changed to Pending Review since I started writing this.

This review was modified by sgholling on February 10 2017 11:30:01 AM

2017-02-06

RISK ASSESSMENT MY ****

"I decided to buy an electronic ulta card value 15.00 and pay 13 and change. Im like okay great deal 12% off. As I'm checking out, cardpool had a promo of 5$ off for 1st time user (NewUser5). I applied code and took off 5 bucks. So im only paying 8.$$. Great deal! The order went through. Next day got email:

Thank you for your recent order with Cardpool.com! Our risk assessment team has determined that we aren't able to process your order at this time. We've gone ahead and cancelled order # and your credit card has not been charged for the order.

If you have any further questions or concerns please email us at support@cardpool.com

Thanks and have a great day!
The Cardpool Team

Im like what risk did i have? Anyway, I have a feeling they were getting a bum deal and cancelled my order. Omg, i would love to sue for this cuz now they have my info but i don't have product. So are they scamming me for my sensitive info by intentionally canceling my order?

Very shady!

This review was modified by Scam-8682 on February 08 2017 05:45:01 PM

2017-02-02

Never received my purchase

"My gift card order was "pending review" for weeks and was never sent to me. I called and the representative on the phone was unhelpful and not polite. Very frustrating."

This review was modified by rosswheeler on February 07 2017 12:00:17 AM

2017-01-30

Zero balance Walmart gift cards and Cardpool customer service does not respond until BBB Complaint

"I bought lot of gift cards from them before never had problem. I bought some gift cards in December 2016 and I had problem with around $600 plus worth of the gift cards and all of them are showing zero balance. I sent emails on 1/14/2017, 1/18/2017 and 1/20/2017 and never got response. I filed a complaint with BBB on 1/30/2017 morning and got responses on the same day. They are accusing of using the gift cards (except for one $50 gift card) for the online order and I never used those for online orders. I have sent my response back to them and waiting for response. Definitely I am not going to do any business with cardpool any more. I am giving one star as there is no option for zero stars.. "

This review was modified by vmukthi on February 01 2017 02:45:02 PM

2017-01-28

CardPool stole from me

"I sold CardPool $200.00 worth of Best Buy gift cards on 12/17/16. They sent me a confirmation email with a transaction number telling me that they sent a check for $176.00 by mail and to expect it in 3-7 business days.

The check never arrived and they haven't responded to any of my emails to customer support (they don't offer a phone number on their website, only a email address).

What a rip off. I don't understand how such an unscrupulous business like this is allowed to keep operating. They should be featured on America Greed!

This review was modified by JenB36 on January 31 2017 12:02:56 AM

2017-01-24

A $25 Costco gift card with 3 cents on it. Cardpool does not respond.

"I have tried to contact cardpool many times - email & phone. No response or return call. Do not do business with them."

This review was modified by suwish37 on January 26 2017 12:15:01 AM

2017-01-22

ZERO BALANCE CARD SENT OUT TO ME AGAIN!”

"1/22/17
ANOTHER ZERO BALANCE CARD WAS SENT TO ME! PLEASE BE AWARE THAT THE COMPLAINTS OF THIS MATTER ARE BUILDING UP. I tried to use a $50 card bought in November last night and was denied at rest. I called the rest. corporate gift card dept. and found out it had no funds on it and was wiped clean do to an issue. This is second time to get a zero balance card from them so no more calling and asking for a refund to my credit card account. I called my CC account bank directly and reported the zero balance card being sent to me and opened up a case. I will not ever use them again do to these issues!

This review was modified by johnnamisnak on January 24 2017 11:45:02 AM

2017-01-21

My experience was bad

"I have placed an order to buy giftcards 2 times and, both the times they have autocancelled my orders and refunded my money back. "

This review was modified by BalajiGadamsetty on January 24 2017 12:02:33 AM

2017-01-18

Everything was smooth for me

"I didn't think to check out the reviews for this website PRIOR to sending the my $50 ulta gift card in the mail. After a week of not hearing from them, I googled the website and found negative review after negative review. I assumed they'd scammed me.
Nope.
I put my gift card in the mail to them a week and two days ago. I just got the email with my gift card code and it worked perfectly.

Since there were so many bad reviews, thought I'd chime in since my experience was great. Hopefully they just got behind on the others and are taking care of everything now.

This review was modified by jessitidwell9 on January 20 2017 11:45:02 AM

2017-01-17

Disappointed with customer service and email spam

"I created an unverified account with cardpool to watch some specific stores for gift cards, and now I get spammed by cardpool with no way to turn off the emails. The bottom of the email has a "Want to unsubscribe from this wishlist notification or receive wishlist digests? Manage your wishlist subscriptions here.", but the here link doesn't take you somewhere that the emails can be managed. I contacted customer service by email about two weeks ago to remove my account, and I have yet to hear back, and continue getting spammed multiple times a day. (Yeah there are email filters, but lets get real cardpool)"

This review was modified by ccory on January 19 2017 09:15:02 AM

2017-01-16

Does not deliver.....

"I think they're in the business of ripping people as opposed to selling gift cards? I brought a Dunkin Donts card. ! never received it and complained twice about never receiving it"

This review was modified by dogball on January 19 2017 04:27:41 PM

2017-01-12

Formerly great, now a waste of time.

"With their new system, an order placed online won't be completed without a phone verification step. You'll play phone tag with them for days and, if you're lucky enough to get someone on the phone, they'll waste 10-15 minutes of your time having you repeat all of the same information you entered with your order. There's a fundamental misunderstanding here of how online commerce works, and they're not selling anything that's worth the hassle."

This review was modified by tybalt_ko on January 19 2017 04:27:38 PM

2017-01-08

Never got amazon gift card

"I sold $25 gift card in exchange to Amazon gift card. its been 2 weeks and I did not rcvd any thing. They are not responding to mail .

what should i do ?

This review was modified by dhaval34 on January 19 2017 04:27:46 PM

2017-01-06

no response

"sent them email five times, but still no response in 10 days. "

This review was modified by mulangren on January 19 2017 04:27:51 PM

Share Cardpool's store rating

Cardpool is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Cardpool is a merchant member
Cardpool participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 3,447 merchant members.