Store Information Store Info
  • Rating 3.00/10 63 reviews

Cardpool is a merchant member
    Cardpool participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 1,875 merchant members.
  • Cardpool contact information

Chance of future purchase: Rating 3.29/10 3.29/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.82/10 3.82/10
    Customer service: Rating 2.21/10 2.21/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 2.22/10 2.22/10

"The seem to be very shady. they stopped my order because I ordered two cards for a total just over $100, so not a lot. I was shopping that night online at the intended store's and never received my ELECTRONIC CARDS. Really? How hard is it to issue electronic cards? I ahve called for several days to find out what is going on and they still telling me they need to verify my identity, but they have taken the money out of my account so I can't use it to buy want I wanted from my store when it was sale price. Now, I have called the number given and NO ANSWER on the phone... This is a company, right. I don't know anymore. I would be a primary shopper elsewhere from now on. This switch was a BIG mistake. "

"I've tried to buy an e-card from them twice. Both times, well after their 24 hour promise to email the card, they've sent this email:
------------------------------------------
We are sorry for the inconvenience with your order. We wanted to let you know that we've issued a refund in the amount of $xx.xx, which you should see reflected in your credit card statement and/or Cardpool gift card balance within a few business days.

We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. Please email us at support@cardpool.com if you have any further inquiries.
-----------------------------
So I emailed support after the first time and got a promise of a response after 24 hours.
-----------------------------
Thanks for getting in touch with us! We have received your email and try to answer all support requests within 24 hours but please note we are experiencing a large back log due to the post-holiday volume. Please know that your email is very important to us and we will get back to you as soon as possible! We answer in the order they were sent to us so sending us multiple emails regarding same issue will only delay a response. We apologize for the inconvenience.

IF YOU ARE EMAILING REGARDING YOUR SELL TRANSACTION, PLEASE NOTE WE ARE TWO WEEKS BEHIND ON PROCESSING THE MAIL AND ARE WORKING AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE TO PROCESS YOUR TRANSACTIONS. WE APPRECIATE YOUR PATIENCE WHILE WE DEAL WITH THE BACKLOG AS WE RECEIVED HIGHER THAN EXPECTED VOLUME POST-HOLIDAY. IF YOUR CARD WAS MAILED TO US ON OR SINCE JAN 25TH, PLEASE GIVE US TWO WEEKS TO PROCESS. WE HOPE TO BE CAUGHT UP WITH PROCESSING BY 2/21/14 AND WILL RETURN TO 24HR PROCESSING TIME AT THAT TIME. WE APOLOGIZE FOR THE INCONVENIENCE.
-------------------------------
Needless to say, I've never received anything else from them, and it's been a week. So their system is happy to process your order and charge your credit card, but then, for some reason, they'll send an email saying that they've issued a refund.

It's hard to understand how anyone can screw up a business model as simple as this, but apparently their software is creaky at best and their support is non-existent.

Good luck to anyone willing to give them a try.

"Have used cardpool twice with no problems. Ordered electronic gift cards for two different online retailers and both were delivered with an hour and worked without a hitch. I will use them again."

"I purchased a $100 Home Depot E-Card and that had no balance. This obviously doesn't instill confidence. I notified Cardpool immediately by email (which is the only way to contact them listed on their website - which, again does not instill confidence). Despite their on-line assurances to reply to inquiries within 24 hours, after six days later no response whatsover. The only response was an automated email claiming "high holiday volume" (in April!). If a company cannot process high holiday volume by April, the problem is inadequate staffing (or customer service), not holiday volume. They provide no phone contact information, and based upon other reviews, calls are unanswered anyways and directed to email. This reflects a serious lack of appreciation for customer service. I decided to dispute the charge. As for Cardpool...Never again, for me. Any savings on gift cards, are outweighed by the inconveniences associated with dealing with them. "

"Awful company. Ordered gift card got my confirmation. The charge was on my card a day later. Two days later received and email needing to verify information. Called the number provided and for almost two weeks no response to all the daily messages I left. Sent many emails with a delayed response because of the holiday season, come on it is March!, only to be left with automated responses. Finally got an email saying my order will be refunded in a few business days, we will see, because of order complications. VERY DISAPPOINTING CUSTOMER SERVICE, WORST EVER. "

"Sent them a gift card a month ago, got no response from them on where my check is. I reported them to BBB and then they finally decide to just send my gift card back and not "Accept" it. They used to have great service even a year ago, but in the past year they have sucked!"

"i am still waiting on receiving my check from cardpool for two apple gift cards I sent to them via insured and certified mail. over two weeks ago . I have emailed and called them several times with no response to date , 2-11-14. I hope this website and company turn out to be reliable. as of today I have been very disappointed with the level of communication and time it has taken out of my schedule to resolve this issue. "

"I sent in my gift card with a verified balance of $300.00 on January 20th. Cardpool was supposed to mail a check within 24 hours after receipt and verification. On January 30th, after not hearing from them, I e-mailed for a status report. On January 31st, I received an e-mail telling me they probably had received my card, but were running behind due to high volume. On February 2nd,they sent an e-mail asking that I rate their customer service, but no mention of my check or status. I have sent multiple e-mail requests but have not received any form of communication from them since they asked for a review of their customer service on February 2nd. I attempted to call them, but a prerecorded message states that all customer service must now be via e-mail. There is no way to leave a voice message and they do not respond to e-mail. Either this is a scam or it is the worst customer service on the planet!!!"

"SCAM. We sent them cards to sell. First they said they never received the cards. Then when i said i had USPS delivery proof they said it was slow due to holidays. They don't even have a customer service # to call. Wonder why ? Then they said we had sold too many cards and they were returning them. We never did get our cards back n no replies to emails. Avoid this company. SCAM ARTISTS"

"Horrible customer service. I have made two purchase with them. The first one went well. The second one will end up costing me more money than I saved. I tried to do a bulk purchase with Best Buy. Found out to late that you can only use 5 gift cards to purchase at bestbuy.com. Had to use electronic cards to purchase real gift cards. Now over a week later I am still waiting for my cards and have missed the TV sales that I was trying to take advantage of. Finally found a number to call at Cardpool and the lady who acted like I woke her up ask me how I got this number. Really??? that is what you are concerned with. "

"I bought 8 different gift cards of various values in order to save on a large purchase at Home Depot on a washer and dryer. The codes were emailed to me within 12 hours, and I was able to save about $120 on my LG washer and dryer set! No problem at all. Thanks Cardpool! "

"I mailed in 3 apple store gift cards totaling $325 two weeks and a day ago and no response. I emailed Cardpool yesterday as there is no customer service phone number to call and I got an email that says it takes 24 hours to respond, however, due to the holidays it may be longer. This was a month and a week after Christmas. I went to the website today and invalid url came up. I am really hoping this is not a scam by so far it is feeling like one. The worst part is that i went out and bought skies assuming the money would be here in a week and nothing so I am now stuck with a high credit card balance until this is worked out (if it ever is). I am very disappointed and would not recommend this service. I would be open to changing this review if the customer service team comes through and rectifies the situation "

"I’m here to counter all the negative reviews, and NO, I don’t work for cardpool or am associated with them in any way.

I use many card resellers and cardpool, along with one other, is my favorite for a variety of reasons. Good discounts, GOOD, FRIENDLY, POLITE, PROMPT CUSTOMER SERVICE. Yep, via email, but absolutely great.

Look at the negative reviews. In every case, I see a customer who is being outrageously unrealistic and demanding. I’m half-way through the review and I think, “Jeez. What a douche.” Let’s go over the parameters and limitations of using a gift card reseller.

1. About 20% of the gift cards you buy are fraudulent. Someone uses a stolen credit card number (i.e., hacked from Target, sold openly online at sites that sell criminals stolen numbers; grafted onto a credit card) and buys a gift card. They then sell it to a reseller. The reseller sells it to you. It takes a while, but eventually the company whose gift card you bought gets stiffed by Visa or Mastercard and, identifying the gift card as having been a fraudulent purchase, zeroes out the card.

In the two years I’ve been buying gift cards, I’ve had 3 that were fraudulent. Both companies, cardpool and the other one I like, IMMEDIATELY refunded my money. I merely emailed cardpool with the information, they responded the next day, and my money was back in the bank within 3 days. IT’S THE COST OF DOING THIS KIND OF BUSINESS, so get real. You are saving quite a bit of money, and people stuck with gift cards they don’t want have a wonderful place to offload them without the hassle of ebay or Craigslist.

It is YOUR responsibility to use up the card during the guarantee period. It is YOUR responsibility to write the “expiration date,” if you will, on a calendar, so you know when the guarantee ends. Almost all the resellers are 60 days…but Cardpool is the only one I know of that is 100 days (for plastic cards. E-cards, which I’ve also bought, are less).

2. You are not going to get your e-card or plastic card in a hurry. Cardpool takes a little longer than others to get theirs to you by mail…but they tend to have better discounts on the cards I like. If you are buying an e-card or plastic gift card to purchase something that’s on sale RIGHT NOW, good luck. You need to be realistic and give yourself a MONTH’S leeway (you read that right: a MONTH)—from the moment you purchase the card to the moment you receive it. 99.999% of the time, the card arrives within a week (or the emailed e-card # in a FEW DAYS), but stuff happens, mail gets waylaid. And remember, 20% of the time, the cards are fraudulent.

So, you buy the card, you keep it in reserve for “the great sale.” But you must use it within the guarantee period.

Bearing these minor hardships in mind, as far as I’m concerned, it’s completely worth it for the money I’ve saved. I almost never make a purchase anymore—drugstore, department store—unless I’ve got a discounted gift card.

Framed as above, Cardpool is one of the very best.

Now, to those who have sold your card to Cardpool (or any other place). I’ve never sold a gift card to any reseller. But if I ever do, you can be sure I’ll spring 80 cents (or more, if the price goes up) for a TRACKING NUMBER. Duh! Unless you can PROVE your card was received, you are out of luck. In fact, I’d pay a few more pennies to get a signature, too! And if they paid you with an Amazon gift card, and you had trouble with that gift card…did you contact them (via email)? WHAT DID THEY SAY about your Amazon gift card? Unless you complete the story of your complaint, you have no valid complaint.

Again, I have no relationship with the company other than as customer. They’ve always done right by me and don’t deserve the mean-spirited reviews.

"Great service!!! I mailed in my gift card with the prepaid postage but realized 2 days later I forgot to place my packing slip in the envelope. I emailed customer service explaining the dilemma and within a few hours received a response letting me know they could still look up my transaction even though it was not their norm.

I too got worried after all the negative reviews but after 1 week checking the status I received an email that they found my gift card and it is was being processed. 3 days later I got the check in the mail. Thanks cardpool!

"Great service and very fast. I've placed a couple orders with CardPool.com and have not had any problems. eGift cards were emailed out within a couple hours. Physical cards arrived within a week or so.

The one time I made a mistake with my order, they fixed it up very quickly as well.

I highly recommend them to anyone I know.

I don't have experience with Selling cards to them, just with Buying cards from them.