Stores > Cardpool

Customer service: Rating 1.41/10 1.41/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.82/10 1.82/10

2016-09-20

Very Happy

"Surprised by all the bad reviews. I've been buying card from them for about 18 months. Mostly restaurants but also Home Depot and Lowes. I've bought about $1,800 worth of cards. Last week I had my first problem with an Applebees card. I emailed Cardpool and they credited the amount back to my credit card the very next day."

2016-09-14

Horrible experience!

"I purchased a Red Lobster gift card from cardpool.com and received the e-mail with the gift card later in the day. I decided to verify the balance of the gift card on Red Lobster only to find out that it was zero and the card was not valid. This is the first time ordering an online gift card and I did so reluctantly. I am so glad I checked before going to Red Lobster and looking like a fool trying to use an invalid gift card. I sent an e-mail to the support department and still haven't heard back from them so I disputed the charge with my credit card company. NOT IMPRESSED!"

This review was modified by margeh on September 14 2016 09:22:07 AM

2016-09-12

Don't Expect Customer Support for Problem Cards

"I have been purchasing discounted gift cards from Cardpool for several,years. Until this year(2016), I never had a problem This year, I have encountered problems twice. In March, I purchased a card for my daughters birthday. When she tried to use it, it had no money on it. After several messages to their support email (I couldn't find a phone number that worked), I finally got a refund. So I tried buying more cards. In August, I purchased a Red Lobster card that did not work. After three emails to Cardpool's support email over three weeks with no response, I hired a website to try to get my money back. They finally succeeded. The bottom line is: Don't count on quality customer service from Cardpool if you experience a problem with the cards you purchase."

This review was modified by ljm111449 on September 12 2016 05:46:36 PM

2016-09-12

Cardpool? More like Carddrag

"Ordered 4× $25 Google Play e-cards, digital **** right? Well they act like it's a 10 ton package being delivered with high class security! These sons-a-bytches ask me to call theme before my purchase can be approved, dumb **** askin me all kinds of stupid questions about my address and a cross street from mine, **** wtf does that have to do with my Debit card? And if I signed for that sumbitch on the card info don't they think that should be enough! Oh and to make matters worse, THAT **** HAPPENED SATURDAY... IT'S FUCKIN MONDAY! still no e-cards in my email....? Funny thing is, is they didn't hassle me about my 1st purchase of 2× $50 e-cards, made it same day... hmmm"

This review was modified by XxTAYL0RxX on September 12 2016 09:36:11 AM

2016-08-23

Avoid at all costs

"To put it simply, they ****. I ordered an electronic gift card over 2 days ago. Why in the world would it take over 2 days to email the gift card to me? Other sites get the card to you within seconds because that's all it should take for a competent company! Think about making a purchase at a store..,would you wait 2 days for them to run your credit card so you could leave with your merchandise? No difference here. Verify the purchase quickly and get the customer their merchandise. I have sent 3 emails following up. Whatever you save at Cardpool is offset by time you will waste getting them to fulfill their commitments. I certainly won't be using them again. I have tried all the gift card resellers and Cardpool is a joke. "

2016-08-09

Horrible!

"I have never had a problem purchasing gift cards until I purchased gift cards at carpool. The only thing they are good for is wasting your time. I have bought 3 gift cards, all 3 were canceled because "Our risk assessment team has determined that we aren't able to process your order at this time." They give absolutely no reasonable explanation.

WORST COMPANY EVER!!

This review was modified by Lsamyn on August 09 2016 08:10:51 AM

2016-07-29

Scam Beware!

"First - I have bought gift cards from 4-5 different online companies. NEVER HAD A PROBLEM spending $1,000's for them. On this occasion - I bought $550 worth of restaurant cards for a party for my parents. This company does not send the items when they say they do. They are the only ones I have seen ship "certified" meaning someone has to sign for them. They have TERRIBLE customer service - no phone number - no way of contacting them but via email. They do NOT read your emails and just reply with a canned response. From what I read they are stealing $$ from people constantly. This $550 was a huge amount of $$ for me and I had a terrible vacation stressed the entire time because of these jack asses."

This review was modified by yestrustme on July 29 2016 06:58:57 AM

2016-07-28

Purchase declined

"Like others that have posted here, Cardpool declined to complete my purchase request due to their "black box" risk assessment. It was a waste of my time to attempt a purchase. I used Card Cash instead, and purchased the gift card I wanted. Not sure why they have this very obscure process in place for purchases. "

This review was modified by Taranraimar on July 28 2016 06:05:15 PM

2016-07-11

I ordered 5 gift cards yesterday, order cancelled for "security reasons"

"Cardpool will not give me any response other than:

Thank you for following up with us! Unfortunately, we cannot provide any assurances that your pending order will be successfully processed as that is determined by our risk assessment team. Our risk team evaluates details pertaining to our customers and their purchases when deciding whether to accept or reject an order. They also utilize a digital identity network that identifies anomalies to help them formulate their decisions.

These determinations are made in a black box by a risk assessment team in our firm. Our processing center has no greater insight into or are privy to the criteria by which they use to reach their determinations.

As mentioned in our previous correspondence, unfortunately, due to the nature of our business, security protocol does not permit further details in regards to the process by which the risk team conducts their risk assessments.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact us at support@cardpool.com.

Thanks for choosing Cardpool!

I have never had issue with any other online retailer, and usually when you contact them regarding a security error, they will make it right after they find out that your credit card was not stolen. Cardpool seems set on that their black box told them no, so they cannot do it.

This review was modified by mattsdrumset on July 11 2016 12:45:03 PM

2016-07-06

Great experience dozens of times

"I've had nothing but good experiences WITH Cardpool. I've yet to sell a gift card via Cardpool but in the 20+ times I purchased thru Cardpool (both physical and electronic gift cards), I've only had 1 experience where the gift card didn't work. In that instance it was very easy to reach their customer care team and they resolved the issue immediately by refunding the full amount paid to my credit card."

This review was modified by mphillips47 on July 06 2016 09:53:19 PM

2016-06-22

wasn't what I expected and poor customer service

"will never use this site again. It sucked. Have yet to get money. I think it's a scam. Between the poor customer service and the lies this site tells you, I won't be using the site again. You're better off going to coinstar or some other site. I should've known it was too good to be true. They never mentioned anything about amazon gift cards...I thought it was CASH! LIARS! Just what I want is another gift card...that I won't use. I would like CASH....like they said so I can pay my car off."

This review was modified by JessicaFetto on June 22 2016 01:58:44 PM

2016-05-27

Worst Experience Purchasing Gift Cards

"I signed up for Cardpool a few weeks ago to try to save some money at Walmart buying groceries. When I tried to make my first and second purchase, they cancelled my orders because of security purposes. I have emailed them several times asking what can I do so I can make purchases through their website and they still haven't replied back, even though they say I will get a response within 24 hours! So because of that, I am writing my first bad review. Cardpool is not worth anyone's time, money, and certainly not the aggrivation they pose! Don't buy!"

This review was modified by BldRedDragon on May 27 2016 09:32:15 AM

2016-05-23

Company failed to follow thru

"Carpool agreed to purchase from me a best buy gift card at a 13% discount. I mailed it in with the promise they would cut a check within 24 hours. They called to verify my info.

come to find out 4 days later I got an email that they cancelled the transaction. DO NOT TRUST THIS COMPANY!!!!

2016-05-03

Avoid CardPool

"I made a huge mistake buying an e-gift card from CardPool. Other vendors (Raise, CardCash, etc.) sent the e-gift cards within 30 minutes to an hour. At this time, it's been more than a day and I still have not received my cards. In addition, I have contacted Cardpool on three separate occasions and still have not received a response. They do not have live chat or a telephone number to obtain assistance. I will not purchase from Cardpool again. "

2016-05-02

Waste of Time (Risk Assessment Clan ****)

"They wont accept my physical giftcards I sent in recently, and they don't have a reason why."

This review was modified by CardpoolSucksAlot on May 02 2016 12:24:25 PM

Share Cardpool's store rating

Cardpool is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Cardpool is a merchant member
Cardpool participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 2,632 merchant members.