• Cardpool

Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.90/10 1.90/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.13/10 2.13/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.70/10 1.70/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.00/10 1.00/10

"THEY SELL YOUR EMAIL TO OTHER COMPANIES ... The cards have all been valid and I purchased quite a few. However, I have been getting many spam emails since dealing with them and am certain that Cardpool sells email addresses. No one else new had my email. For that reason I have stopped all business with them. I will find another way to purchase gift cards."

"I was Really worried when I read the reviews, I took a chance and I AM SOOOO GLAD I DID!! I mailed my $500.00 Macy's in exchange for 408.10 in amazon credits. It took about a week and I got a call confirming my information and a day or so later got an email with my code. went into amazon and entered it in, Bam $408.10 Richer! I am not sure what happened with those other people (maybe they had no money on their cards?!) but I couldn't say for sure. All I know is my story and it was defiantly a happy ending! Thank you cardpool for helping me get items I really wanted!"

"After I paid for the banana republic gift card, they didn't send it to me. And they don't have a valid phone number for me to get through"

"They take more than 24 hours to respond but they cancelled my order anyway. Be happy if they work in your favor, but do not count on them. Buyer beware."

"I can’t comment on selling gift cards to them or ordering physical gift cards that they mail. But I have purchased mobile / electronic gift cards from them. The first order took longer than you’d expect, but they needed to verify my information first. Understandable. However, subsequent orders also took longer than expected. Over 24 hours in most cases. There is no reason for a purely electronic transaction to take that much time. The company claims the delay is because they must verify the balance on the gift card before sending it to the customer. Why isn’t that done either 1) through a computer program or 2) manually by an adequate number of employees? So they verify the balance on the electronic / mobile gift card and then email the card number and pin number which AT THAT MOMENT has a balance. However, after they hit send, they no longer have any responsibility to the customer as the website says all over it no refunds for mobile or electronic cards. So you better plan to use that gift card immediately, or whoever sold them the gift card could change their mind and use it, leaving no balance for you. I would ONLY recommend this website to people who are in no hurry to receive the gift card AND will be able to use the gift card within an hour of receiving it via email. "

"Poor customer service:

1. No way to contact by phone, which is always a red flag for any legitimate business.
2. Site said e-card would be delivered within one business day by email. A day has passed, no sign of the e-card.
3. I emailed customer service to inquire as to when the e-gift card would arrive. Auto response said all emails would receive a response within one business day. Time has come and passed, no response.

I've ordered from other gift card reseller sites before without any of these issues.

"Originally wanted to buy a sale item from Target so I checked out their cards that were 6% off. Decided against it but they ended up emailing me a 5% off coupon the next morning so I figured I'd go for it. Purchased ~$250 worth of Target e-certificates and waited... and waited. Around 12 hours after putting my order in I emailed their customer service. Around 24 hours later they respond saying "Our risk assessment team has determined that we aren't able to accept the order at this time".

Total waste of my time -- I could have purchased from a more reputable gift card resller like CardCash. They deliver quickly and have never declined my order.

"I sold two Starbucks giftcards to Cardpool in exchange for amazon giftcards. I ordered on Saturday, and they emailed me the codes by Tuesday morning. I am very pleased with their service and would recommend it everyone. I don't know why people are leaving such bad reviews. They have a five star service as of 8/18/15!"

"I ordered two gift cards for Buca restaurant. Only half of the order came. I wrote multiple emails back. Only received automated emails back which did not resolve the issues at all. Not happy at all with my first experience. "

"ordered a gift card for online says they deliver within 24 hours. Well they did not had to verify me so they did and then sent a email with the code went online to place my order with lowes and guess what the code does not work. I have emailed, I have called I have gone on facebook and twitter and bbb still no response form them. Next I guess rip off report and then my cc company to get my money back. I am going to post anywhere I can find about these scammers. And I think I will do it daily until I have my money back. wish I had checked them out before buying or I would not be writing this as the reviews are all terrible I would have run so fast had I taken a few minutes to see what others were saying. But live and learn. to bad for them I have a lot of friends that buy cards so will not be recommending these rip offs"

stansfld's Avatar

Oak Ridge, TN

"I purchased a card for Home Depot worth $106.34 for $98.25 (saved about 7%) on Saturday, 8/8/2015. The process was very straight forward and after entering my CC information, I received an email order confirmation within a few minutes. On the following day, I received a phone call to verify some identity information and then received an email on Monday containing the gift card number and PIN. I verified the number with the Home Depot website and the balance was correct. I know some people may not like the initial identity verification process but I was somewhat comforted by the fact that they check who the buyers are. The website says that this is a one time thing so hopefully my next purchases will be quicker but overall I am happy with my experience."

"Even though I've bought from them before, they still emailed me after my 7/31 order saying they had tried to call me to 'verify' my information. They hadn't, my phone logs show no incoming calls for the 2 hours between my order and the email.
I called them back, and during that call I canceled the order. Was told no problem. Three days later I discover they had charged my cc card. I emailed support, and the reply was that they charge the card when the order is initiated. So why the 'verification'? What a farce.
Six days later, still no refund posted or pending on my credit card.
Look at the reviews here - over 22% of them are 1 star.
If you are looking to buy an ecard, don't look here.

"They suck
- Bought a card
- Didn't get them in 2 days
- Sent e-mail to support.
- They responded by e-mail asking to call their support number.
- The support person said that they don't have the order details.
- Asked me to send e-mail to support again.
- It's been 6 day's since I bought the card and still don't have the gift card that I bought.

"They suck. Bought a gift card really needed for daughter's b'day and they couldn't provide what they charged me for. Yeah, i showed her the receipt since they said they were sending it and it would have been here early. Then i get a rather glib excuse saying a bunch of gibberish that basically equates to my daughter is beat for the gift they told me they were sending. They can rot at the lower cesspools of online society for that one, no apologies offered, so they will be trashed systematically for years. Learn some real e-commerce basics from ecommerce 101, ebay, you have to provide the goods you charge people for and say you are selling or you are trashed, trashed, trashed. Oh did ai mention, TRASHED!!!"

"My credit card was charged for my orders and after weeks of contacting their customer service, eventually receiving an email from them saying my orders are cancelled because their risk assessement team can't verify some of my information. My credit card was charged already!!! LOL, cardpool has their risk assessment team.

They are such a big liar and is so annoying!

Share Cardpool's store rating

Cardpool is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Cardpool is a merchant member
Cardpool participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 2,689 merchant members.