Stores > Cardpool

Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.73/10 1.73/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.39/10 1.39/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.54/10 1.54/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.43/10 1.43/10

"I sent in $1,000 worth of gift cards 3 weeks ago and I still have not received a check from them. They said they have not received yet the cards yet. I have never heard of 3 weeks to deliver a envelope. I would never sell to them again and I am hoping I see my money soon. If you do choose to sell to them them, make sure you do not use there label, spend the extra money to track your package."

This review was modified by Tak123 on November 24 2015 12:27:34 PM

"Just like most of the other reviews, I also waited 24 hours for my order, only to get, "Our risk assessment team has determined that we aren't able to process your order at this time." "

"Clicked on electronic and ordered the card of the size I needed. I needed an electronic card to make a purchase two days later. Come to find out that if the actual listing doesn't say it is digital they are all physical. So the "sort" at the top of the listings means nothing. I now have $500 in the mail that I will have to mail back because by the time it arrives it will be too late. A perfect way to have $500 tied up for a couple weeks. "

"I really don't understand all the bad ratings for Cardpool. I've purchased many cards from them over several years and haven't had any problems. Some were physical, mailed cards, some were electronic. The only issue I've ever had is getting one card that had zero balance, but within a day of emailing them, they refunded the purchase price."

"I ordered 2 e gift cards for out of state members of my customer service team. Received an email to validate my order, their site was down and an error message told me someone would call me. They did just over 24 hours later, left a quick message and the clock started again. Finally after 3 days I got a hold of a live customer service person to complete the verification which I did. She told me it was complete and my e cards would arrive w/ in 24 hours. In today's world 24 hours is terrible, especially after 3 days and jumping through hoops. Almost exactly 24 hours later I received an email that my order was cancelled. Waited 4 days to find out my order was cancelled. Really? I requested a manager call back, hasn't happened. Good idea but I suggest you buy gift cards online with another company."

"Purchased an ecode from them that was suppose to arrive in 24 hrs. Was told 3 days later that they could not process the order because I was denied by their risk assessment team.... What in the world does risk assessment have to do with me buying a discount gift card. My guess is they either messed up and did not have the code anymore or they were not happy with how low they had it listed. I asked what happened and the reply was still a bunch of jargon about risk assessment. They did not give any answer to truly why I could not get the card and did not explain how I could fix any problem to order again. Bad company, won't ever try to buy from again!"

"THEY SELL YOUR EMAIL TO OTHER COMPANIES ... The cards have all been valid and I purchased quite a few. However, I have been getting many spam emails since dealing with them and am certain that Cardpool sells email addresses. No one else new had my email. For that reason I have stopped all business with them. I will find another way to purchase gift cards."

"I was Really worried when I read the reviews, I took a chance and I AM SOOOO GLAD I DID!! I mailed my $500.00 Macy's in exchange for 408.10 in amazon credits. It took about a week and I got a call confirming my information and a day or so later got an email with my code. went into amazon and entered it in, Bam $408.10 Richer! I am not sure what happened with those other people (maybe they had no money on their cards?!) but I couldn't say for sure. All I know is my story and it was defiantly a happy ending! Thank you cardpool for helping me get items I really wanted!"

"After I paid for the banana republic gift card, they didn't send it to me. And they don't have a valid phone number for me to get through"

"They take more than 24 hours to respond but they cancelled my order anyway. Be happy if they work in your favor, but do not count on them. Buyer beware."

"I can’t comment on selling gift cards to them or ordering physical gift cards that they mail. But I have purchased mobile / electronic gift cards from them. The first order took longer than you’d expect, but they needed to verify my information first. Understandable. However, subsequent orders also took longer than expected. Over 24 hours in most cases. There is no reason for a purely electronic transaction to take that much time. The company claims the delay is because they must verify the balance on the gift card before sending it to the customer. Why isn’t that done either 1) through a computer program or 2) manually by an adequate number of employees? So they verify the balance on the electronic / mobile gift card and then email the card number and pin number which AT THAT MOMENT has a balance. However, after they hit send, they no longer have any responsibility to the customer as the website says all over it no refunds for mobile or electronic cards. So you better plan to use that gift card immediately, or whoever sold them the gift card could change their mind and use it, leaving no balance for you. I would ONLY recommend this website to people who are in no hurry to receive the gift card AND will be able to use the gift card within an hour of receiving it via email. "

"Poor customer service:

1. No way to contact by phone, which is always a red flag for any legitimate business.
2. Site said e-card would be delivered within one business day by email. A day has passed, no sign of the e-card.
3. I emailed customer service to inquire as to when the e-gift card would arrive. Auto response said all emails would receive a response within one business day. Time has come and passed, no response.

I've ordered from other gift card reseller sites before without any of these issues.

"Originally wanted to buy a sale item from Target so I checked out their cards that were 6% off. Decided against it but they ended up emailing me a 5% off coupon the next morning so I figured I'd go for it. Purchased ~$250 worth of Target e-certificates and waited... and waited. Around 12 hours after putting my order in I emailed their customer service. Around 24 hours later they respond saying "Our risk assessment team has determined that we aren't able to accept the order at this time".

Total waste of my time -- I could have purchased from a more reputable gift card resller like CardCash. They deliver quickly and have never declined my order.

"I sold two Starbucks giftcards to Cardpool in exchange for amazon giftcards. I ordered on Saturday, and they emailed me the codes by Tuesday morning. I am very pleased with their service and would recommend it everyone. I don't know why people are leaving such bad reviews. They have a five star service as of 8/18/15!"

"I ordered two gift cards for Buca restaurant. Only half of the order came. I wrote multiple emails back. Only received automated emails back which did not resolve the issues at all. Not happy at all with my first experience. "

Share Cardpool's store rating

Cardpool is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Cardpool is a merchant member
Cardpool participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 2,677 merchant members.