• Address: 268 Bush St. #3744, San Francisco, CA

Chance of future purchase: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.83/10 2.83/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.25/10 1.25/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.67/10 1.67/10

"STAY AWAY!! SCAM!! STAY AWAY!!
i can't even begin to express my level of anger and frustration with this company. I sent in 3 Shell Gas Cards (2 x $100, 1 x $25). I received an email stating that they "could not verify the amount on my cards and therefore were sending them back to me". I received the cards back.. LESS THE $25.00 CARD !!!!!!!!!!!

Furthermore, all you have to do is go onto the website on the back of the gas card www.rpggiftcards.com/checkbalance .. and any idiot can see the current balance on the cards. I just did it for both of the cards returned to me and low and behold, both $100.00 cards show a balance of $100.00.

Cardpool is a complete scam.. take your business elsewhere.

It's not about the money... it's the principle.

"After seeing ALL the negative reviews on the net about this site, I was very concerned about my unresearched purchase of two gift cards. I took the first timer's "identity verification" online Q&A session and thought I would get my cards the next business day. However, the following business day, I get a call from someone saying that I need to verify my identity again, and that my cards would not be delivered until the next business day. I was VERY irritated as the item I wanted to buy on the retailer's website went off sale that evening, causing me to miss the sale. Okay okay, shame on me for waiting until the last minute, but I didn't think it would be a big deal. I asked the representative why my Q&A session wasn't approved the first night, and all she kept saying was "that's not my department"....hmmm....fishy! At any rate, the second business day after ordering the cards, I got the card numbers and PINs and they worked just fine. However, I did wind up missing the sale. Not too happy about nit saving as much as I could have!"

"Horrible company, just short of an illegal scam. Non-existent customer service & their support portal & many provided links are bad.

I learned a $300 lesson from this near criminal enterprise, listen to the complaints, their is a reason the bad comments out number the good 99:1. I am now convinced that the positive comments are paid for via sites like fivrr.com, where you can purchase positive reviews for $5 or less.

"Purchased $500 in Home depot cards. Worked."

"Placed an order for a combination of gift cards totalling about $130 in value with the idea that it would take about one business day to receive the gift card by email.

Okay, fine by me.

One business day came and went. Not a big deal, but I sent an email asking what was up. I received an automated reply, and the next morning, a representative emails me and informs me that their "risk assessment team" has determined not to accept my order.

Why? It wasn't my card, because I surely had the funds in the account that backs the card. And it wasn't deactivated by my bank for any reason, because I was able to buy my morning coffee with it the following days after I've ordered.

I reply to the representative's response, asking for an explanation and a resolution. All I got from the representative (and this is verbatim, as in copied and pasted from my email) was this:

---

Hi,

Thanks for contacting us! We're always looking to improve our site and provide the best shopping experience around. We appreciate your input and will think how we can incorporate it into our service. Thanks for choosing Cardpool!

Best Regards,
L***a
Cardpool.com

---

If you've read the above snippet, it *clearly* has no mention of an explanation or an offer to fix the problem, just a canned, universal response. Just a "we appreciate your input" and "will think how we can incorporate it into our service". No mention of my specific problem: why my order was cancelled either. No "I can't do anything myself, but I'm forwarding this issue to a manager or to the customer escalation department".

Thanks for caring.

I was planning on using Cardpool to buy some cards with bigger denominations in the future, namely for Lowes/Home Depot/BestBuy/Sears/etc. for my upcoming renovation projects to shave a few bucks off, but I guess they don't value me as a (former) customer to resolve my issue. I'm getting them somewhere else. And the funny thing is, I was a new customer, this was my FIRST experience with them!

I automatically disassociate myself as a customer of a company if they don't make an honest effort to resolve their mistakes or issues when they arise.

Cardpool didn't even bother to give me the dog-and-pony show of "pretending" to care like many other companies do. That should be a red flag there.

"PAY ATTENTION TO EVERYONE ELSE'S REVIEWS AND STAY AWAY FROM THIS HORRIBLE COMPANY!!! They will charge your credit card, never send you your gift cards, and then NEVER respond to your emails. You cannot get a hold of them on the phone, their phone system is a dead end and is all automated. This is a ridiculously fraudulent company."

"Avoid this company like the plague. They have some of the worst business ethics and customer service of any new startup.

I placed an order on the 8/27/14, and they charged my credit card. I patiently waited for them to physically mail me a sheet of paper that had my gift card information (why they can't just send it electronically to save time is mind-boggling).

After about a week of waiting, I check my order history and find that nothing is there. Then, I received a refund on my credit card for the amount of the order. All of this without any notification or warning. Complete radio silence over the entire experience, leaving me waiting for over 2 weeks total for what I thought I had purchased.

This happened to me twice consecutively, and after this last time, I don't even want to waste anymore of my time or money on this company. Cardpool is a joke, go use Plastic Jungle or any other gift card exchange. It wouldn't take much for it to be an improvement over this establishment of neanderthals.

"Buyer BEWARE. I am writing this only because I hope to save someone else the trouble when deciding whether or not to buy from this company. Cardpool claims you will receive e-gift cards within 1 business day. Simple, you might believe, as comparable sites guarantee the same policy, yet often deliver your E-gift card within HOURS. My order was placed on Saturday, August 23, and I received a "verification call" from Cardpool on the evening of Tuesday, August 26, to verify my billing information. When I say verify my billing information, I mean every single detail about me except the hospital in which I was born. I was asked such bizarre verification questions I ended up telling the service representative I was a bit "sketched out" and felt as if they were trying to steal my identity. Finally the representative pushed my order through to the "processing department" or something. So much for receiving a gift card in one business day. I purchased this gift card to save some additional money on a sale item with a retail store. I wish I had paid full retail price rather than purchase this gift card as I now feel stuck waiting on it's arrival. While I agree, identity protection is obviously necessary, I have never gone through such an extensive questionnaire to verify my identity, nor have I ever answered such random questions. This was extremely frustrating and I admit I grew a bit short with the representative. She told me this is what all customers must go through and if I did not wish to continue then so be it. I felt as if she were insinuating I was a criminal of some sort although I answered every question she sent my way. I proceeded to tell her I had already answered her first five questions without hesitation, and asked, how much information could she possibly need to verify my identity? Honestly, I felt as if I were being asked all of these questions so they could collect and possibly sell my detailed information. The process just felt sleazy. I certainly did not walk away feeling like a valued customer. I felt as if I just came out of trial and had to make an argument before a judge. Identity verification is one thing, but I don't feel it was necessary to ask me seemingly bizarre questions. This appeared to be some sort of homemade verification process. No professional company has ever requested such information from me. I will not go into further detail about the questions in order to actually protect their verification procedure, but know that it will probably make you feel uncomfortable as well. Now, as for delivery of my order, they are in no rush to send you a gift card, regardless of the "one business day policy" on e-gift cards. I'm sorry, one business day to me does not constitute as Monday + Tuesday + Wednesday, and so forth. Perhaps they only work a couple days of the week? A few hours after the validation process, I called back to check on my order status or to at least receive something comparable to a timeframe. The lady I spoke with informed me "we are still working and processing gift cards" and noted I should receive it in a few more hours. Never happened. There is no organized method of operation in this company and trust me, you will NOT receive a clear answer for any question you have regarding the status of an order. I guess I will head into business day three awaiting my E-gift card. This company must have 3 people on staff who work a couple hours per day. At this point, it is likely I will not be able to use my discounted gift card on the item I intend to purchase once it finally arrives. Shame on me for believing this company processed orders as quickly as it's competitors. Cardpool was quick to charge me for my purchase, which is the only quick service I have seen from this company. I give them one star because they did have the best discount on the web for this particular e-gift card. Needless to say, I will never use Cardpool again. I know from experience there are many competitors who operate much more professionally and for this reason, the outlook is dim for Cardpool. "

"Cardpool is terrible. I ordered a gift card and never got it. Tried 6 times now to get it, leaving vms, sending emails and talking in person with their reps. I needed this for my friends babyshower which was at lunch today too late - thanks Cardpool. Now I need to try and get my money back since the card never arrived. "

"Took payment for my order but did not have the promised 24 hour processing time for ecard orders. Still waiting 5 days later with no explanation from Cardpool why order is still being processed!"

"Ordered a phone gift card that was supposed to be sent in 1 business day. Waited two days then had to contact them. They emailed back to say I had to call to confirm. I called to confirm and they said I would receive it in a few hours. Well a few hours later and stuff nothing. Have not had this issue at all with other sites that sell gift cards."

"I have ordered six times from cardpool and have had no issues from any of those orders. All physical orders arrived within a few days as expected. I have no tried ordering electronic giftcards."

"3rd time doing business with them. Always have done just the electronic cards (never physical). All went completely smoothly. Today was my biggest purchase of $1500+, no problem and already redeemed them at HD for a new Fridge. Not sure why so many people had bad experiences. I had my card #s in my email within 11hrs this time."

"TO this point I've ordered physical cards and had no issues, I immed recd confirmation and recd in less than a week through the mail. 2 days ago I bought 2 e-cards for Lowes and have not recd them or a confirmation email. My cc was charged immediately. I contacted Cardpool via email - the only way to do so- and someone sent a response today that they verified the cards WERE sent 7/26 when I already told them they were NOT. I responded again but have recd no response. May have to cancel my CC transaction. Disappointed :-("

"I order 3 electronic gift cards late Thursday night. Didn't receive on Friday but would give them the "One-business day" to ship/email the cards. Nothing on Monday and no reply to email. Nothing Tuesday. Although they replied they had to verify the cards and they were set to go out later that day. Two days later and nothing still. Missed the sale I was going to use the cards on and have to dispute charges on CC now."

Cardpool is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Cardpool is a merchant member
Cardpool participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 1,865 merchant members.