• Address: 268 Bush St. #3744, San Francisco, CA

Chance of future purchase: Rating 3.08/10 3.08/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.62/10 3.62/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.70/10 1.70/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.56/10 1.56/10

"I have used Cardpool for years to buy gift cards. I have used other services but always had a problem with them but never with Cardpool."

"Ripped me off for $1200 in gift cards, which are now lost by Cardpool.com. The worst, most unethical company I have ever dealt with. "

"I have been ordering from Cardpool for many years without incident EXCEPT they send designed cards that are not appropriate for the occasion and I have to send them back. After ordering from the other discount card companies, I ordered only from Cardpool as they guarantee the cards for 100 days and they take cards back. I had to send cards back many times as I buy these for gifts. I always sent them through regular mail with no problem. However, in the past month I sent 2 cards back at different times and they never reached Cardpool. So either they were both stolen by someone at the PO or at the Cardpool company. They could care less. They did provide me with the numbers. The larger amount was for J C Penney and it was used. The other was for Barnes & Noble. It was not used, so I used it quickly. Regardless of who stole the cards, their attitude is infuriating. I lost $45. I don't consider the B&N a win as that was to be a gift and I didn't need the DVDs I ordered. I will never order from them again. If you order a card for Christmas, get a card for Mother's Day, have to send it back certified & insured, how is that saving money? I'll buy my cards at face value from now on. I can't afford Cardpool. Order date is approximate and there were 2 order dates."

"I'm blown away by all the negative reviews about Cardpool. I have used this site about 50 times in the past year and have NEVER had a problem. My kates teansaction was this week. I ordered 2 online AMC giftcards on Christmas and received w/in 2 hours. Also ordered an AMC giftcarc and got it within 2 days. LOVE Cardpool!! "

"The first issue was the "Verification phone call" I received The phone number comes through with Unknown on the Caller-ID, so I didn't answer. The message was nice enough and said to call back. So I did. Several times. No answer. Getting back in touch took a few days, and the only way I was able to reach them was to call AFTER their posted hours. Then after I finally did, it sounded like all was fine, then I get an email the next day saying the transaction has been cancelled, but no other information or details were available. What a joke."

"I am currently in the midst of a frustrating dispute with an alleged customer support robot that is programmed to send canned responses. This scam site does not honor any of the promises it makes. Don't be tricked by their phony guarantees.

I am very concerned that these liars have my personal information. Who knows their end game?

I recommend legitimate retailers if you're looking for gift cards. If you are looking for a scam, look no further.

"BEWARE! Do not deal with this company. They are a fraud! I bought $1400 in electronic gift cards that I was supposed to recieve within 24 hours. After 4 days, I have not received them. Getting ahold of them is like chasing chickens, you can't catch them. They will only reply by email so they keep you hanging by a string. It's manipulative. Bottom line, they reply with, "We are not the appropriate contact, you must contact customer service" THERE IS NO CUSTOMER SERVICE. NO PHONE NUMBER TO CALL. And, when you email back desperately asking for help, no response. Bizarre. But that's how thieves work! Look at the number of complaints on BBB. I found people who are complaining of the same thing. Cardpool accepts no responsibility in any of these claims. I've purchased gift cards before from a different 3rd Party Vendor. First, I got my gift card the same day! Second, they have a customer service phone # and I was able to get ahold of someone who acted like they had a job and dealt with my issue. Cardpool blows you off. Please crusade against these thieves/criminals. I presume they are doing further thievery by way of their so-called, "verification" process. THey call you IMMEDIATELY to verify the purchase. Here, they ask for the phone # on the back of the card? I thought it was odd. First the fact they called to verify was odd. Second, who asks for the phone number on the back of the bank card? Now they know who I bank with, my name, address, etc. I smell a rat."

"Same typical nonsense what other reviewers are experiencing. They charged my card for the gift card without any updates regarding the gift card.

After a few days of no update I contacted at support@cardpool.com because they DO NOT have a customer support number! A day later I received an email saying a verification email with instructions to further verify my identity was sent. This email was never received in my inbox or spam folder!! so I replied back with my phone number asking them to call me back for verification. Several days go by and a simple email get delivered from them stating, "Our risk assessment team has determined that we aren't able to accept the order at this time. You should have received an email from us earlier containing details about a refund for your purchase. Unfortunately, we're not able to disclose any further specifics regarding this process. We truly apologize for any inconvenience to you."

It's been close to 5 business days and I still haven't seen my refund.

I would not recommend buying gift cards from this merchant. Once, it was a decent source for gift cards but since then it's gone downhills

"Just ordered a card today - unresearched - and I am a bit nervous after reading the reviews on here. It's extraordinary because I always do my research but was in a hurry...after not receiving my code for several hours I thought I would check them out. Other sites, such as Raise, send you the e-gift cards within the hour.

I guess I'll wait and see, fortunately it was for a small amount and I can call Chase to dispute the charge if I do not receive it within the time stated.

*FOR ALL WITH BAD EXPERIENCES*
Do not forget to file a complaint with the BBB (Better Business Bureau). Here is the link and it only take a minute.

"Cardpool used to be one of my first choices for gift cards but after enduring endless headaches with their "order verification" department, I think I am done with them.

We've placed at least a half dozen earlier orders with them with good service and no complaints. But starting in November, 2014 they seem to have gotten paranoid about customers ripping them off because we're suddenly enduring multiple intrusive order verification calls. If you answer when they call, at least you will get your cards. If they leave a message, you are not going to get your order. Their callback number is literally never answered. We've tried almost a dozen times in the last week and the only thing that answers is a phonied up voicemail box complete with "call is being transferred" and hold music. But the message and the music is pre-recorded and always identical, so once you hear it, you are going to voicemail. Nobody ever answers.

They don't return those calls either, leaving your order(s) in limbo.

It has become too much of a hassle dealing with them when they have so many competitors that deliver a better customer service experience.

"I sold a gift card to Cardpool. I mailed them a $600 gift card and 2 days later they contacted me and confirmed my address and asked how I got the card. 3 days later I received a check in the mail. Very fast and very happy with their service. I did read the reviews, but took the chance and will use them again."

"I successfully sold two high value Apple cards to Cardpool without any problems. I was skeptical because of the negative reviews but proceeded cautiously. I elected to use my own shipping with tracking, so this cost me an extra two dollars over their free shipping but this afforded me proof of delivery.

I was contacted by email the day after delivery that my cards were received and approved. I received a paper check for the proceeds as promised exactly one week later. I would use Cardpool again. They lived up to their promises and paid the highest for the cards in the market at the time I sold the cards.

"I have done business with Carpool before and had no problem. I think they either get it right or very wrong. I ordered a $50 AMC gift card. I received an invoice for my $50 card with a $35.46 Walmart card. I immediately contacted customer service. They hide behind an e-mail portal. Since the beginning of the issue they have treated me like the problem is mine. Before they would do anything they wanted me to return the card at my expense. After arguing about that they agreed to issue some coupons for credit on future purchases. I have been back and forth with them for about a month. They kept saying they could not do anything until they received the physical gift card despite my pointing out there were many electronic solutions to the problem. I returned the card certified mail and they say it hasn't arrived. My Post Office contacted their Post Office to find that their PO Box gets a huge volume of mail and is frequently over full. In the end I disputed the charge with my credit card company. I just received an e-mail saying they would have refunded my money but can't now because the issue is in dispute. They ALWAYS have a reason why they will not fix the problem. If you wind up with an order problem you are doomed. There are other providers or resale gift cards. Use them."

"Run Forest Run
Stay away - Scam
They charged my account and no verification email or phone call occurred. They did not answer my phone call. Still no E-Gift card from Pottery Barn. You messed with the wrong person. Am disputing the charge

11/13/2014 Thursday
Ordered discounted Pottery Barn E-Gift card at 6:39 Pacific Time. Was promised that the E-Gift card would arrive within 24 hours.
www.cardpool.com

11/13/2014 charge was assessed 669.79
11/16/2014 CARDPOOL INC 415-4198787 CA $669.79
11/13/2014

AS of 11/17/2016 - Noone has called to "verify" information and still no E-Gift card

11/14/29014
6:00am
I emailed the company (there is no phone number) wondering when the E-Gift email for Pottery Barn would arrive.

11:47am
I emailed the company again stating that I had not heard back and that my expectation is I would have received it by now. I also stated that I wanted to put in an order at Pottery Barn and did not want to miss the sale. And that I was not feeling warm and fuzzy about the transaction

12:03pm
I emailed the Parent company Blackhawk Network who owns cardpool after I had done some research. I also cc'd support@cardpool again.
12:12pm
Blackhawk returned the email stating that cardpool had 24 hours to email the E-Gift card from Pottery Barn. (Alexandria Rogers CR Blackhawk)
3:16pm
Received email from support@cardpool.com (Theana) that apologized for the delay in responding to the email. Through research on the Internet, this is a common ploy they used. They also stated the following:
We apologize for the delay in responding to your email as our support center has been handling a much higher volume of requests than normal. Our records show you should have received an e-mail shortly after placing your order with the subject "Verification Required For Your Cardpool Order."
In order to prevent identity and credit card theft, we sometimes require a one-time verification process for accounts. In that e-mail, there are instructions on how to verify the order.
If you do not believe you received the verification e-mail, please let us know and we can opt to have one of our verification specialists call to verify your order. "

T - I had not received any email from them asking for verification and I was receiving their canned response emails just fine.

3:51pm
I sent support@cardpool.com an email stating that I had not received no verification. I also gave my phone number to call and they did not.

3:56
Through research in viewing customers complaints on this company, I found a phone number 415-418-8787 and left a voice mail. Noone called me back.

4:00pm
I sent another email giving another phone number for them to call me. They did not

4:08
I sent another email to BH Customer Service BH.CustomerService@bhnetwork.com and cc'd support@cardpool.com and stated that they might want to check their system on why it is not sending out emails. I also stated that my expectation is I receive this by 6:40pm on Friday 11/14/2014, that would have been 24 hours and noone called.

11/17/2014 8:33am
As of today, noone has called to "verify me" nor have I received the E-Gift card from Pottery Barn.
11/16/2014 CARDPOOL INC 415-4198787 CA $669.79
11/13/2014

I am disputing this charge and want it removed. Did not receive
Do not want to hear any excuses from cardpool.com, everyone has already heard them already.

If I could give a negative review I would

"Purchased two more gift cards on 10/29/14. This was third time I used Cardpool.com Rec'd a 14% off Outback and a 20% off AMC discount from face value. The cards arrived fast and when balances were checked - all was as stated. I love this sight so far and haven't had any problems. What's not to like, saving money at my favorite stores. I am going to purchase lot's of Home depot soon so I can purchase my washer/dryer there soon at a big additional discount."

Cardpool is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Cardpool is a merchant member
Cardpool participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 1,896 merchant members.