• Address: 268 Bush St. #3744, San Francisco, CA

Chance of future purchase: Rating 2.17/10 2.17/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.69/10 2.69/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.17/10 1.17/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.56/10 1.56/10

"I order 3 electronic gift cards late Thursday night. Didn't receive on Friday but would give them the "One-business day" to ship/email the cards. Nothing on Monday and no reply to email. Nothing Tuesday. Although they replied they had to verify the cards and they were set to go out later that day. Two days later and nothing still. Missed the sale I was going to use the cards on and have to dispute charges on CC now."

"I paid $85 for an Applebee's digital gift card. When I tried using it, the waitress told me it had zero balance. I do not recommend this company."

"Reviewing as gift card buyer only - have not tried to sell any gift cards to cardpool.

After a few transactions, I must say I am pleased with the results. The first transaction took a few days to get through the verification process, where we did go back and forth trying to speak to someone live, but after answering a few questions that seemed a bit overly "intrusive" for this type of transaction (this isn't a mortgage, sheesh!), they processed my order and I received the electronic cards the next day, and the physical card in 3 days via postal mail.

They email back quickly, but must only have a couple phone reps... easier for me to call in to them, than it is to wait for them to call me.

Next transactions - double-ordered physical cards over a weekend, emailed cardpool, and they cancelled the order the next business day.

Ordered a mobile card on a Sunday and received it on Monday.
Ordered an electronic card on a Sunday and received in minutes.

All cards that I have tried to use, were successful and at the value advertised.

A bit nervous about the service at first, but I am a happy customer now that I know what to expect.

Plan ahead, and you can save a substantial amount!

Thank you cardpool, for this service!

"The Whole Scam Explained:

cardpool.com is a shady company. it fails to disclose its contact information on its website, there is no customer service number, no support department phone number, which is clearly a red flag to customers. the company's address is a PO Box. all these information should raise a red flag to potential customers. No corporation should operate using a PO Box address. this address is disclosed to the customer only after completing the processing of the transaction online, so there is way for the customer to have prior knowledge of this information.

After the customer fill out the transaction forms electronically on the website, during the transaction processing, the customer is them provided with an electronic receipt of the transaction showing the transaction number, the total amount in US dollars to be mailed to the customer in the form of check. So, after you mail in your gift cards to them using certified mail with tracking information in exchange for cash as advertised on the company's website. the company receives the customers' gift cards after verifying the shipping tracking information. the company fails to notify the customer by phone or email that the cards had been received. After I researched the company, and found out their customer service number by a chance, which was posted by angry customers and on online forums and online review website, where hundreds of unhappy and scammed customers post their complaints. then, nobody answers the customers calls,nor all you can do is leave a voice message, which also raises another red flag about this shaddy business. So, several days or weeks had passed, then you receive a phone call from the same person, named something like "Teneisha" asking you some personal and inappropriate questions? for example, like, where did you get the cards? when did you get the cards? who gave you the cards? which cards was purchased and which card was bought? and so on ... then, you are informed by that same person that you should be receiving an email from customer service regarding your transaction by the end of the day. the company might claim that all these pratices are part of their verification process, but this is untrue the only verification process is to verify is the card is geniune, active, and has the balances that were disclosed by the customer. However, the company declines the transaction when it feels that it doean;t need the gift card, or that there is no demand for that specific credit card, which explains the company innapropriate practices of making the whole process lengthy on the contrary to what is advertised on their website regarding the lenght of processing and issuing a check.

So, Number One: the company purposely fails to discloses all this shady and inappropriate verification process to potential customers on their website because they keep the gift cards as long as they can if there is no demand for it, in other words, no customers willing to buy that specific card or the amount on it, then the company notifies you after weeks have passed by email which reads as follows: We regret to inform you that payment could not be approved for this transaction. Your transaction will be canceled and your cards returned to you. Do not contact the verification department for customer service; they do not handle customer service requests"
Number 2: after receiving email by MR/MR SLINCOLN stating the transaction was cancelled, the company takes weeks again to mail the gift cards to the customers back, without using a secure shipping method such as the one required by the company like Certified mail and tracking information. so, the customers never know if in fact the company shipped back their gift cards, or the gift cards went missing because the company fails to use certified mail with tracking in order to not be liable for not sending the cards back. so, basically this is the sophisticated scamming process that cardpool.com uses to steal hard working peoples' money.

"The seem to be very shady. they stopped my order because I ordered two cards for a total just over $100, so not a lot. I was shopping that night online at the intended store's and never received my ELECTRONIC CARDS. Really? How hard is it to issue electronic cards? I ahve called for several days to find out what is going on and they still telling me they need to verify my identity, but they have taken the money out of my account so I can't use it to buy want I wanted from my store when it was sale price. Now, I have called the number given and NO ANSWER on the phone... This is a company, right. I don't know anymore. I would be a primary shopper elsewhere from now on. This switch was a BIG mistake. "

"I've tried to buy an e-card from them twice. Both times, well after their 24 hour promise to email the card, they've sent this email:
------------------------------------------
We are sorry for the inconvenience with your order. We wanted to let you know that we've issued a refund in the amount of $xx.xx, which you should see reflected in your credit card statement and/or Cardpool gift card balance within a few business days.

We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. Please email us at support@cardpool.com if you have any further inquiries.
-----------------------------
So I emailed support after the first time and got a promise of a response after 24 hours.
-----------------------------
Thanks for getting in touch with us! We have received your email and try to answer all support requests within 24 hours but please note we are experiencing a large back log due to the post-holiday volume. Please know that your email is very important to us and we will get back to you as soon as possible! We answer in the order they were sent to us so sending us multiple emails regarding same issue will only delay a response. We apologize for the inconvenience.

IF YOU ARE EMAILING REGARDING YOUR SELL TRANSACTION, PLEASE NOTE WE ARE TWO WEEKS BEHIND ON PROCESSING THE MAIL AND ARE WORKING AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE TO PROCESS YOUR TRANSACTIONS. WE APPRECIATE YOUR PATIENCE WHILE WE DEAL WITH THE BACKLOG AS WE RECEIVED HIGHER THAN EXPECTED VOLUME POST-HOLIDAY. IF YOUR CARD WAS MAILED TO US ON OR SINCE JAN 25TH, PLEASE GIVE US TWO WEEKS TO PROCESS. WE HOPE TO BE CAUGHT UP WITH PROCESSING BY 2/21/14 AND WILL RETURN TO 24HR PROCESSING TIME AT THAT TIME. WE APOLOGIZE FOR THE INCONVENIENCE.
-------------------------------
Needless to say, I've never received anything else from them, and it's been a week. So their system is happy to process your order and charge your credit card, but then, for some reason, they'll send an email saying that they've issued a refund.

It's hard to understand how anyone can screw up a business model as simple as this, but apparently their software is creaky at best and their support is non-existent.

Good luck to anyone willing to give them a try.

"Have used cardpool twice with no problems. Ordered electronic gift cards for two different online retailers and both were delivered with an hour and worked without a hitch. I will use them again."

"I purchased a $100 Home Depot E-Card and that had no balance. This obviously doesn't instill confidence. I notified Cardpool immediately by email (which is the only way to contact them listed on their website - which, again does not instill confidence). Despite their on-line assurances to reply to inquiries within 24 hours, after six days later no response whatsover. The only response was an automated email claiming "high holiday volume" (in April!). If a company cannot process high holiday volume by April, the problem is inadequate staffing (or customer service), not holiday volume. They provide no phone contact information, and based upon other reviews, calls are unanswered anyways and directed to email. This reflects a serious lack of appreciation for customer service. I decided to dispute the charge. As for Cardpool...Never again, for me. Any savings on gift cards, are outweighed by the inconveniences associated with dealing with them. "

"Awful company. Ordered gift card got my confirmation. The charge was on my card a day later. Two days later received and email needing to verify information. Called the number provided and for almost two weeks no response to all the daily messages I left. Sent many emails with a delayed response because of the holiday season, come on it is March!, only to be left with automated responses. Finally got an email saying my order will be refunded in a few business days, we will see, because of order complications. VERY DISAPPOINTING CUSTOMER SERVICE, WORST EVER. "

"Sent them a gift card a month ago, got no response from them on where my check is. I reported them to BBB and then they finally decide to just send my gift card back and not "Accept" it. They used to have great service even a year ago, but in the past year they have sucked!"

"i am still waiting on receiving my check from cardpool for two apple gift cards I sent to them via insured and certified mail. over two weeks ago . I have emailed and called them several times with no response to date , 2-11-14. I hope this website and company turn out to be reliable. as of today I have been very disappointed with the level of communication and time it has taken out of my schedule to resolve this issue. "

"I sent in my gift card with a verified balance of $300.00 on January 20th. Cardpool was supposed to mail a check within 24 hours after receipt and verification. On January 30th, after not hearing from them, I e-mailed for a status report. On January 31st, I received an e-mail telling me they probably had received my card, but were running behind due to high volume. On February 2nd,they sent an e-mail asking that I rate their customer service, but no mention of my check or status. I have sent multiple e-mail requests but have not received any form of communication from them since they asked for a review of their customer service on February 2nd. I attempted to call them, but a prerecorded message states that all customer service must now be via e-mail. There is no way to leave a voice message and they do not respond to e-mail. Either this is a scam or it is the worst customer service on the planet!!!"

"SCAM. We sent them cards to sell. First they said they never received the cards. Then when i said i had USPS delivery proof they said it was slow due to holidays. They don't even have a customer service # to call. Wonder why ? Then they said we had sold too many cards and they were returning them. We never did get our cards back n no replies to emails. Avoid this company. SCAM ARTISTS"

"Horrible customer service. I have made two purchase with them. The first one went well. The second one will end up costing me more money than I saved. I tried to do a bulk purchase with Best Buy. Found out to late that you can only use 5 gift cards to purchase at bestbuy.com. Had to use electronic cards to purchase real gift cards. Now over a week later I am still waiting for my cards and have missed the TV sales that I was trying to take advantage of. Finally found a number to call at Cardpool and the lady who acted like I woke her up ask me how I got this number. Really??? that is what you are concerned with. "

"I bought 8 different gift cards of various values in order to save on a large purchase at Home Depot on a washer and dryer. The codes were emailed to me within 12 hours, and I was able to save about $120 on my LG washer and dryer set! No problem at all. Thanks Cardpool! "

Cardpool is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Cardpool is a merchant member
Cardpool participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 1,879 merchant members.