Stores > Cardpool

Chance of future purchase: Rating 2.08/10 2.08/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.32/10 1.32/10
    Customer service: Rating 2.03/10 2.03/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.96/10 1.96/10
Voice your opinion! Review Cardpool by clicking a star below.
2017-08-16

Dead .... silence....

"I don't know why I have continued to use Cardpool when I've had so many issues in the past. The latest incident is a gift card that they sold me. First it took them a while to send the gift card (electronically!), then when I got it, I immediately tried to use it but it didn't work. Card had no balance. NOT acceptable.

Okay, but things happen! So you reach out to customer service and they help you, right? WRONG. First, they don't have live customer service help , so you can't call anyone. And when I emailed, their automated mail service replied that they got my email and sent me links to FAQs. Is there an FAQ for what to do when you've paid for something that's worthless? Two full days since I emailed and nooooo response.

Cardpool, thanks for the reminder about the quality of your customer service. I imagine I'll be challenging the credit card charge and learning my lesson to not use them again.

2017-08-10

Cardpool, are liars, scammers and thieves!

" I put a $200 unused gift card on this site to be sold on 7/11/17 in which they sold and as of today I haven't received any type of payment! I contacted them numerous times by email and all I've got back were lies! I did some research and found that they've scammed countless others. I advise everyone to report them to bbb and abc investigations team since they did a story on them! Please do not endorse this company because they are Scammers! Thanks"

2017-07-07

What a racket

"I sold a $730 giftcard for MINIMAL money, $560, to be exact. They took days and then needed a call from me to prove who / why / what, etc., Like that's my job here. THEY HAVE ONE JOB. At any rate, they send me an email saying they are happy to present my $560 gift card to Amazon. I use the code, it's $500. SO, $230 LESSSSSS than my card?!~ NO thanks! I'm beside myself at how complex this was and THEY are the experts! I lost $230?! NOT again. BEWARE!"

2017-07-07

Theives

"Sent in my gift cards, got confirmation they were received, never got paid. Company has no phone number and emails are ignored. I had to shut off my debit card so they could't steal anything else from me. Made a complaint to the BBB but I'm sure nothing will come of it. Please stay away!"

2017-07-05

Unable to process order

"Thank you for your recent order with Cardpool.com! Our risk assessment team has determined that we aren't able to process your order at this time. We've gone ahead and cancelled order #"

2017-06-29

Used to love this site

"Cardpool was taken over by another company last year. Their formerly stellar customer service is now garbage. The selection of cards available is greatly reduced. The discounts are smaller. And, you can no longer see your Wishlist (now called Favorites) all in one place. You have to go through card by card by card to find out if you've added a card to your Favorites. The website is also much harder to navigate since they "improved" it."

2017-06-24

Saved over $30 in just 3 purchases! Great site to save money!

"I have saved over $30 on gift cards to places I already shop. It's great. I usually do the email option and print the paper. Most places once I print the paper will give me a physical gift card at the customer service desk.

Here is a link to get $5 off your first order. 5$ + plus the discount on the card = big savings

2017-06-24

Ripoff

"sean,

Thanks for using Cardpool! You'll earn $153.59 on your unwanted gift cards.

I only received $100.00

2017-06-13

Rips you off. Does not pay what they say they would.

"When you sell to cardpool there are several payout options. So this time they made a mistake. I asked them to look into it. ALL SALES FINAL. EVEN IF THEY MAKE MISTAKES. And since we are in digital marketplace, the consumer loses. They won't let you cancel the transaction. So even if you decide to keep the original gift cards, they will bill your credit card. And since the payment method to you is also incorrect, you lose twice as much. You may as well just call it a donation. Thanks Cardpool! You're the best!"

2017-06-12

Beware - "Instant" Email Delivery Isn't! - Read Fine Print

"Cardpool promises a lot up front, but after you give them your credit card they turn into the DMV.

Before buying an emailed "instant" gift card realize that its not going to be there for up to one business day and that they may ask for additional information while tying up your money with a live charge.

I needed to buy some merchandise from an online retailer that was time sensitive relative to available stock and pricing. Cardpool, again before they take your credit card, promises instant access to your gift card. In fact the gift cards are labeled "instant" on their site.

Unfortunately, instant does not mean the same thing to them as after your transaction goes through you do not get a gift card as promised but rather a page saying it can take up to a full business day and maybe longer for you to get your "immediate" delivery of the gift card.

It is very disappointing that there are still vendors out there using deceptive trade practices and I regret not doing more due diligence before giving them my credit card.

2017-05-30

Rip off

"I tried to sell some Apple store cards several days ago; as of yet I have not received any payment, and am having trouble accessing my account."

2017-05-12

I thought I'd be an exception

"I should have read the reviews before ordering.
They took over Day to send me one gift card, and the other the took over a day to tell me this garbage:

Thank you for contacting Cardpool.com! Our risk assessment team has determined that we aren't able to accept the order at this time. Your credit card has not been charged for the order. Unfortunately due to the nature of our business, we do not currently disclose the parameters of our risk assessment. We truly apologize for any inconvenience to you.

Basically canceled my order for literally no reason. Don't waste your time.

2017-05-06

Always consistent

"I have dealt with CARDPOOL for several years and NEVER have had a problem, some of their competition plays word game terminology, CARDPOOL would rate superior say over card cash, this is from history and experience."

2017-05-03

Account closed

"I purchased a gift card with a value of $250 from them a little bit over a year ago. I tried to use it yesterday but was told that the account was closed and the card did not work. I contacted cardpool staff and they told me since it is over a year protection they could not do anything about that. I still have almost $200 in that card. Ridiculous! "

2017-04-03

sold them my gift cards on 3/4...STILL HAVENT BEEN PAID!

"these guys are total crooks. i am STILL WAITING to be paid for 2 gift cards I've sold to them. Transaction # 19736692, in fact.

Cardpool, you better pay up! Buyers out there....BEWARE!!! Dont sell or buy from these scam artists.

Share Cardpool's store rating

Cardpool is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Cardpool is a merchant member
Cardpool participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 3,379 merchant members.