• Rating 4.33/10 20 reviews

Cardcash.com is not a merchant member
    Cardcash.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!
  • Cardcash.com contact information

Product & services pricing Rating 5.63/10 5.63/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 4.58/10 4.58/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 4.32/10 4.32/10
    Customer service: Rating 4.55/10 4.55/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 4.72/10 4.72/10

"BUYERS AND SELLERS BEWARE! DO NOT BUY OR SELL ANYTHING TO CARDCASH! Sold a card to them for $140.00. Never sent check. Claimed check was cashed with no follow up. Dishonest business. Have heard many similiar experiences. This company is a fraud. "

modified review This review was modified by STILBALIN on April 22 2014 01:33:52 PM

"I bulk ordered five Pier 1 Import cards from CardCash.com on Saturday March 1, 2014 with a total face value of around one thousand one hundred dollars. I received all of them very quickly and in the same postal mailer the following Wednesday. I am not very comfortable with receiving that much plastic cash in the mail but I do not know how else they would do it?

I immediately went to the store to get the furniture I had held for me and four of the cards went through without any problem. The fifth card, that was supposed to be worth $250 turned up with a zero balance. Needless to say I was quite embarrassed but I made up the difference with my credit card.

I phoned and emailed CardCash asking for a refund and they said all they needed from me were front and back photo copies of the card. I did this and crossed my fingers. I got a very nice call from the sales representative later in the day who said they valued their reputation and were investigating. He explained that sometimes people selling the cards retained the card numbers and then spend the money after CardCash receives and verifies them.

The next day I received the full refund I had requested in my PayPal account. I can't cite this company for doing anything wrong and in fact they were very diligent and quick to resolve the problem with me.

I will do business with them again and I recommend them to others, I saved 25% on my purchases, well worth the hassle.

modified review This review was modified by RakuRay on March 10 2014 06:25:17 AM

"CardCash.com professes to be a company that resells gift cards. I recently purchased a Petco card valued at $602.13 for $420.44 from CardCash. After it arrived I tried to use it the next day. I was told that the card was stolen and the Petco manager started questioning me about it. I contacted Card Cash about a refund and a customer service representative named Ellen asked me to send the card back, I did so that day. I also opened a Paypal claim to dispute the transaction. After two weeks with no contact from them I reached out to Ellen inquiring about my refund. She told me the card had arrived over a week ago but they were not going to refund my money because I opened a claim with Paypal disputing the transaction. Now she will no longer return my emails. Buyer beware, they've had my $420 for nearly a month now and there is no end in sight. This has been a huge hassle/headache and I might never get the money back. RUN from these scammers."

modified review This review was modified by misquamacus on March 07 2014 11:52:48 AM

"2 purchases and 2 fails. I purchased a Starbucks gift card from them about a month ago. It took about a week or so to reach me, only for me to find out that it wasn't valid. Not a big deal...I'm sure it happens now and again. They refund me the money pretty quickly. I ordered a new card from them. Again, it took about a week to get to me. This time they didn't scratch out the security code so I didn't have to waste my time going to a starbucks store to find out that before they even shipped it to me, the card balance was moved somewhere else. Do they even check this stuff before they send it? Huge waste of time. No real apology, just a canned response. The upside is they refund real fast...so there's that."

modified review This review was modified by shaorinor on February 18 2014 07:35:21 PM

"Great experience as a seller to cardcash.com. Shipped my cards back via FedEx (so I would have tracking #) on a Monday, had the full amount of the quote deposited into my checking account exactly a week later. Felt that I got a fair price on both of my gift cards. Would definitely sell to them again."

modified review This review was modified by Augusth81 on February 12 2014 07:57:40 AM

"I was a little hesitant before using this site after reading these reviews but I have to say the ratings are way off base. I took my wife out for her birthday to Red Lobster and the gift card came in plenty of time and worked perfectly.
Never tried selling them cards though.

"I purchased a gift card worth $40 for $30. The balance on the card that i received was 0. I called and emailed the company multiple times within 7 days of receiving the card (well within the 45 day warranty period). No one ever picks up the phone and the response to my emails was to send a picture of the card and wait 3-5 business days for an investigation. I sent the pictures, never heard back. I opened a BBB complaint and received the same response (send pictures). Eventually had to go to my credit card company to reverse the charge.

This company does not check cards before shipping them out, or if they do, they have no assurances in place to make sure previous owner doesn't use the value once it arrives. You will be gambling on whether your card will arrive with a balance, and if it does not, you will likely have to go to your CC company for a refund. VERY not worth it in my opinion. Your time is worth more than the 1-10% discount. They are super annoying to deal with, no internal organization, no respect for customers, and no integrity.

modified review This review was modified by xyz012 on January 11 2014 12:23:44 PM

"Was skeptical before I used them but have to say the process was smooth. I sold them a couple of high value gift cards. I got a call for them to validate my info but the deposit hit my account the next day."

"I have had nothing but positive experiences with CardCash. I sold gift cards on three seperate occassions and was paid a decent return for them and received my check and Amazon credits within a week of mailing them in. I plan on using them again, most definitely!!"

modified review This review was modified by busymamaof4 on January 02 2014 07:35:44 AM

"CardCash and ABC I think are owned by the same company. They have recently gotten so anal in their order processing and dealings with buyer gift cards. Of course, understandably they want to protect themselves against fraud, but treating trusted sellers like crap apparently no big deal to them.

They are based in New Jersey which may be able to explain the rude customer service from some of the CSR's. It's not exactly the MidWest when it comes to attitude. They ask you to now fill out a very personal, detailed form detailing your credit card information, last 4 of social, driver license copy, bank information. Who has time and trust for all that? In this day and age of identity theft, how do I know my information is being kept secure from this small company? Be that as it may, they do say provide them with whatever you are comfortable with...so you don't have to provide all of that, as long as you give them something to show who you are and it doesn't look fishy, understandable to some degree.

The beef I have with them is that I was a trusted seller in having sold to them many gift cards before and then all of a sudden they stop taking certain high value gift cards as well as even some smaller valued one's I sent to them, and mailed them all back to me. At least no one used them or they were lost, but still, they held on to them for 2 weeks, said they were mailing them back when they didn't the first time. You have to essentially keep calling them once every day or at LEAST once every other day to keep tabs on where the status of your order is, otherwise it may get lost in the darkness. Also, I got multiple and different responses depending on which CSR I talked to...some said I would be paid for certain gift cards in my order, and then finally one said at the very end that I wouldn't be, before it was shipped back to me. It's just frustrating to have your gift cards tied up for so long and then being told you won't be paid for them, even when you are a past trusted seller, and even when there is nothing currently wrong with your order.

On top of all this, money is wasted sending them the gift cards by tracking and confirmation, and even insurance if you choose to pay for that as well. One piece of advise would be to call them first and see if they will accept your cards, and note the name of that CSR, so when you call back you can ask for them, in case other CSR's give you conflicting information.

They should incorporate a trusted seller's program so reputable seller's don't have to get the run around or get treated like crap. Unfortunately, they haven't instituted anything like this as of yet. They just take it on a case by case basis, and treat people how they want, which can be understood to some degree, given the type of business it is. I would rate them 4 stars out of 5 in my first few months in dealing with them, but lately, give them 2 stars because of this mishap, so evening out to 3 out of 5 stars.

I may sell to them again but will call them first before processing any orders to ensure I don't get any future run around or surprises. I'm a person willing to give second chances as long as you don't screw me over too hard the first time.

modified review This review was modified by Julian77 on November 12 2013 03:34:45 PM

"I'm a previous customer of PlasticJungle; after the ceased retail operations, Cardcash.com was recommended. I placed a large order on 7/31. The claimed time to ship was 1-2 days. I emailed on 8/4 since I didn't receive any updates. 8/5 I received an email that there were 'shipping delays last week' and that it should ship that day. 8/9 I get an email stating that some of my gift cards were refunded since they weren't in stock. I did eventually receive the cards significantly later than was promised and expected. Compared to my previous experience with Plastic Jungle, this operation is far worse and far less professional.
I'm surprised that this operation was 'featured' on so many media outlets and that they just received 6 million dollars in funding to expand. I certainly hope this company improves, but this company will not be my first stop for my next gift card purchase needs.

modified review This review was modified by reglee51 on November 08 2013 01:10:50 PM

"I sent them $500+ worth of HomeDepot and iTunes gift cards 1 month ago and all those cards were brand new unwanted cards from the Save a lot promotion. I was swapping for Amazon egift codes. I sold them before once with little issue, but finally got the Amazon gift code. This was my second order. I sent all those cards in priority mail. After a few days, I noticed online they took one of the cards out. No response to my emails and calls. I was afraid and submitted a BBB report after 3 weeks. They apparently told BBB that they needed to verify and want more info. I provided all the info in the application I submitted. I then called them and got hold of the CSR, she then asked me to provide my SSN, driver's license and bank account numbers etc. I told her I can't provide any of those critical info as they stole one of the cards and used them. After I kept complaining in BBB, she mentioned they are going to send the cards back. I am afraid they will use the cards somewhere as they have all the numbers. They are thieves and they will tell you anything after you send them the cards and they even use the cards somewhere. Melissa, she was the rude CSR I came across in dealing with any online business for the past 10 years. I think I lost my $500+ gift cards with these phony business people.

Never ever deal the ABC gift cards or cardcash.com. They are the liars and with the gift cards, you do not have any protection and they will take advantage of that.

modified review This review was modified by cardcashsucks on November 04 2013 03:55:34 PM

"CardCash.com is also ABC gift cards. They are horrible. They dont answer emails or phone calls. I submitted an order and received a receipt/email stating that my order was accepted and that I would receive a check in the mail. Next day I check the status of my order (if my check was mailed the next day as promised) and found that my order had a "cancelled" status. Yet, they never called me nor emailed me. I tried for 5 days straight and got nothing, no return calls or emails. So, I filed a case against them through the BBB and Consumer Affairs. They are horrible"

modified review This review was modified by SC_Newman on September 27 2013 03:51:34 PM

"Do not use cardcash!

I traded my guess gift card with amazon card using cardcash. The confirmation letter said clearly that I will receive the amazon card within 24 hours. I have waited for days, nothing so far.

modified review This review was modified by happypig on August 20 2013 09:55:50 AM

"I read reviews but wanted to test this company out for myself. I order 5 giftcards (different places). I received them within 4 days. Used 3 already with no problem. So this is a postivie review. I wouldn't order unless I was planning on using within the 45 days. Seems ok to me. I did not have to contact service yet for any reason so I can't comment."

modified review This review was modified by lakeland951 on May 09 2013 10:11:04 AM