• Rating 6.33/10 129 reviews

Car-covers.com is not a merchant member
    Car-covers.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!
  • Car-covers.com contact information

Product & services pricing Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10

"Do not buy from these people. My order took forever to get here and then it was about 4 feet too long for my vehicle. I called and spoke with a nice young man that issued a RMA# for the exchange and said that they would ship the correct cover as soon as the return label was scanned by fedex. I asked him if it scanned in the next 30 minutes could it be shipped today and he replied "yes". I immediately took it to the fedex store (within 10 minutes of talking to him). I called back to let them know that it had been shipped and was told that it would not go out until Monday "at the earliest, maybe Tuesday". I explained what I had been told earlier and they said the shipping cut off was 12 noon pst. I asked if they could please send it overnight to compensate for their error and my frustrations and was told that they could not send things overnight. I asked for a supervisor and was tole rudely the same thing. I told them to forget the exchange and refund my money.

Very poor customer service with no concern for their customers.

modified review This review was modified by ekjfan on April 04 2014 03:22:49 PM

"Do not buy any covers from carcovers.com. I bought a warranty covered cover for my brand new Jaguar XK and the cover has scratched the paint all over the place. "

modified review This review was modified by sunil_karthik on February 19 2014 01:00:49 PM

"Dont order anything from them i order seat covers for there advertised price on website paid then the next day they charged my card 399 saying there price was wrong if i wanted them it thats what i had to pay cancelled order still waiting for refund been three weeks "

modified review This review was modified by schefh on July 05 2013 08:45:08 AM

"Fast shipping. Exactly what I ordered. Fits great, is waterproof and dries quickly."

"The first word that comes to mind is "sleazy". I ordered my car-cover for a 1998 SAAB convertible based on their recommendation. I received it promptly and tried it on my vehicle. I really liked the quality of the material but it was clearly not designed for a 1998 SAAB Convertible. It was too long, too wide, and had coverage for a spoiler. It seems that this would have fit the pre-1994 convertible much better. I called to return it. They were willing to accept the return but refused to follow their guarantee policy and pay for return shipping. I had to have a long conversation with the customer service rep explaining that it didn't properly fit the car. They said that they shipped the wrong one and I told them it would fit a pre-1994 SAAB convertible. Finally, I was able to get them to pay return shipping. Three weeks later, however, I am still waiting for my refund...a full week after their policy states. When I spoke to them they told me that they were very busy and had a lot of returns to process. I'm still waiting. I'm sure that they will find some way to charge me a restocking fee.

In response to Car-Covers.com's response: Their website explicity states at the top in large letters that the covers are CUSTOM and not semi-custom.
This quote is directly from their website on 2/6/13: "With CUSTOM FIT [emphasis is there's] car covers for cars from over 100 makes, it's easy to understand why people prefer to shop with us. Not only do we provide covers that FIT YOUR CAR PERFECTLY [emphasis mine], we also provide car covers with multiple layers of advanced protection to ensure your car investment is guaranteed to be safe from sun, weather, natural, and even some physical damage." Their new return policy states that they may require photographs to prove that the shipped cover doesn't fit. I recall that that language was not added until recently. I also offered to send photos of how poorly it fit.
Their website, as of 2/5/13, stated that a refund may take "up to two weeks to process". On 2/6/13 (after this review was posted) the website policy was changed to say "14 business days". I can substantiate my assertions with screen shots. In addition, the "sale" and "limited time offers" have been going since at least December 26. Interestingly, I was able to find a car cover that fit my car like a glove at the same price with comparable material. Car-covers.com's response to this review is disappointing and strengthens my resolve to never do business with them again. It is disappointing that car-covers.com would change their policy immediately after a complaint and then post this response.

modified review This review was modified by mjmesq on February 06 2013 06:44:02 PM

"The delivery was about a month late and I got little responce when I called or sent e-mails.

When I recieved the cover it was not labeled, and does not fit the car. I expected it to fit my Ford Expidition. It looks like it would fit a bus. It takes about an hour to get it on the car and in any slight wind it blows off. It doesn't even have bumps for the mirrors.

"Fast delivery and we just love the cover. Nice quality and fit perfect on my 95 extended Aerostar. "

"looks like a good cover we will see how it fits and how it looks after it is used for a while"

"I am completely satisfied."

"Very good. The representative I talked to was knowledgable about a custom cover, and assured me that using the comments section to indicate my vehicle's modifications would yield a proper fitting cover be delivered. I ordered online, and the cover fits great!"

"As far as I know, just fine. I was away when the package came, and I have not opened the box yet."

"Great cover for my f150 Harley Davidson edition crew cab . Price was great,free shipping even better. Fast shipping."

"Web site provided an easy process to find just the right cover for my 66 Caddy. Cover was delivered within three days. Excellent product at a reasonable cost. "

"Everything as promised,nice product"

"Ok but cover was a little small for the car evan tho it has no bumpers."