Product & services pricing Rating 4.00/10 4.00/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.50/10 1.50/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.50/10 3.50/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.88/10 1.88/10

"Delivery was fast but the cover was disappointing. It was supposedly made for a 2015 GT Mustang but is clearly made for a much larger car. It fits very baggy, any breeze--even with the gust straps attached--gets under the cover and moves it or tears it off. The quality is so-so--basically just mass-produced "Made in China" semi-junk. The cover came with some stains which seemed to indicate that it had been returned by somebody before me and a few chips on the outer surface. Just this morning I went outside, and the cover was lying on the ground. The gust strips had come undone and the light wind and rain had removed the whole thing from the car. Not recommended."

modified review This review was modified by Aristotle120 on December 12 2014 09:42:27 AM

"I ordered a cover for my company vehicle on 10/17/2014. The next week went by and no email confirmation on shipping. I emailed customer service on 10/28 asking for a status of the car cover. It has now been over a month and am still yet to receive my cover. I am very disappointed with their lack of attention to customer orders."

modified review This review was modified by mpsupps on November 21 2014 05:23:19 AM

"Ordering was easy. Arrival time quick. Loves that it covers majority of car. The only thing that is now an issue is that my car is black and every time I take cover off, car is white (like lint) is all over it and I have to wipe off every time I take cover off. Beware if your car is dark colored."

modified review This review was modified by Angels5 on October 12 2014 03:48:53 PM

"Ordered there best cover for my new GMC truck with a "10 yr warranty" for protection against rain, sun, UV, etc.. Within 2 months the top layer of the cover turned to a white powder. Sent photos to their warranty office and was told they would replace it within 2 weeks. After 3 weeks, no cover. Emailed them again- no response. Called "warranty" extension and recorded message said to send an email! Then called sales, and agent was rude and told be I was harassing him because I had just called a few minutes earlier (I had not). After a long argument I was told they were back ordered and would arrive in "2 weeks". Now it is almost 2 months and still no cover or email. Emailed them again yesterday and still no response. At this point, even if they replace it I have little hope that it will hold up any better than the original. Beware this company and their products."

"Was sold a car cover for my 1991 Honda Civic. Warranty was supposed to be for two years. The material of the car cover is VERY cheap and rips easily. I requested a return on my car cover, and was told by customer service that the warranty is voided if the cover is used outdoors. However, the cover was explicitly sold as for outdoor use, and I even bought a kit that would enable the cover to be tied down more securely during wing."

modified review This review was modified by enorvelle on July 14 2014 02:39:27 PM

"These covers are terrible...they claim that they are suppose to be waterproof...I ordered two covers from them and both covers allow water to penetrate through them causing my cars to always be wet underneath the cover as well as allow dirt and dust through causing a filthy mold on my cars...Every time I uncover the cars I need to wash them completely to remove all the dirt and grime!! I sent in a request to customer service regarding the issue, they took a long time to respond and when they did they claimed the covers are suppose to be breathable to protect the car finish...I would not recommend these covers to anyone!!"

modified review This review was modified by IG143 on May 02 2014 07:01:30 AM

"Do not buy from these people. My order took forever to get here and then it was about 4 feet too long for my vehicle. I called and spoke with a nice young man that issued a RMA# for the exchange and said that they would ship the correct cover as soon as the return label was scanned by fedex. I asked him if it scanned in the next 30 minutes could it be shipped today and he replied "yes". I immediately took it to the fedex store (within 10 minutes of talking to him). I called back to let them know that it had been shipped and was told that it would not go out until Monday "at the earliest, maybe Tuesday". I explained what I had been told earlier and they said the shipping cut off was 12 noon pst. I asked if they could please send it overnight to compensate for their error and my frustrations and was told that they could not send things overnight. I asked for a supervisor and was tole rudely the same thing. I told them to forget the exchange and refund my money.

Very poor customer service with no concern for their customers.

modified review This review was modified by ekjfan on April 04 2014 03:22:49 PM

"Do not buy any covers from carcovers.com. I bought a warranty covered cover for my brand new Jaguar XK and the cover has scratched the paint all over the place. "

modified review This review was modified by sunil_karthik on February 19 2014 01:00:49 PM

"Dont order anything from them i order seat covers for there advertised price on website paid then the next day they charged my card 399 saying there price was wrong if i wanted them it thats what i had to pay cancelled order still waiting for refund been three weeks "

modified review This review was modified by schefh on July 05 2013 08:45:08 AM

"Fast shipping. Exactly what I ordered. Fits great, is waterproof and dries quickly."

"The first word that comes to mind is "sleazy". I ordered my car-cover for a 1998 SAAB convertible based on their recommendation. I received it promptly and tried it on my vehicle. I really liked the quality of the material but it was clearly not designed for a 1998 SAAB Convertible. It was too long, too wide, and had coverage for a spoiler. It seems that this would have fit the pre-1994 convertible much better. I called to return it. They were willing to accept the return but refused to follow their guarantee policy and pay for return shipping. I had to have a long conversation with the customer service rep explaining that it didn't properly fit the car. They said that they shipped the wrong one and I told them it would fit a pre-1994 SAAB convertible. Finally, I was able to get them to pay return shipping. Three weeks later, however, I am still waiting for my refund...a full week after their policy states. When I spoke to them they told me that they were very busy and had a lot of returns to process. I'm still waiting. I'm sure that they will find some way to charge me a restocking fee.

In response to Car-Covers.com's response: Their website explicity states at the top in large letters that the covers are CUSTOM and not semi-custom.
This quote is directly from their website on 2/6/13: "With CUSTOM FIT [emphasis is there's] car covers for cars from over 100 makes, it's easy to understand why people prefer to shop with us. Not only do we provide covers that FIT YOUR CAR PERFECTLY [emphasis mine], we also provide car covers with multiple layers of advanced protection to ensure your car investment is guaranteed to be safe from sun, weather, natural, and even some physical damage." Their new return policy states that they may require photographs to prove that the shipped cover doesn't fit. I recall that that language was not added until recently. I also offered to send photos of how poorly it fit.
Their website, as of 2/5/13, stated that a refund may take "up to two weeks to process". On 2/6/13 (after this review was posted) the website policy was changed to say "14 business days". I can substantiate my assertions with screen shots. In addition, the "sale" and "limited time offers" have been going since at least December 26. Interestingly, I was able to find a car cover that fit my car like a glove at the same price with comparable material. Car-covers.com's response to this review is disappointing and strengthens my resolve to never do business with them again. It is disappointing that car-covers.com would change their policy immediately after a complaint and then post this response.

modified review This review was modified by mjmesq on February 06 2013 06:44:02 PM

"The delivery was about a month late and I got little responce when I called or sent e-mails.

When I recieved the cover it was not labeled, and does not fit the car. I expected it to fit my Ford Expidition. It looks like it would fit a bus. It takes about an hour to get it on the car and in any slight wind it blows off. It doesn't even have bumps for the mirrors.

"Fast delivery and we just love the cover. Nice quality and fit perfect on my 95 extended Aerostar. "

"looks like a good cover we will see how it fits and how it looks after it is used for a while"

"I am completely satisfied."

Car-covers.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Car-covers.com is not a merchant member
Car-covers.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!