"I own numerous Canon products but this was my first purchase directly from Canon. I purchased a refurbished lens and it is everything I had hoped it would be, in fact I can't tell that it isn't new. My issues with Canon are not in the products but rather in the service. I decided to pay for expedited shipping, something I rarely do, because I wanted to get my lens in time to take on a trip. I also paid for a rear dust cover because my order said that the lens did not come with one. The problem is my lens didn't arrive in 2 days and when it did it came with 2 rear dust covers. I contacted Canon and asked them to refund my shipping and they politely said "sorry for you luck." If there is one thing I hate it is being taken for a sucker and Canon clearly suckered me into an up-sell that they never intended to fulfill. Customer service is polite enough but they send you to the customer service link, not the order link, where it basically says overnight and 2 day shipping is an estimate and does not guarantee that you will receive your product overnight or in 2 days. I would probably buy from Canon direct again, but I won't get suckered into their add-ons such as expedited shipping. I am also left with some doubts as to how customer service will handle any issues I have in the future. If a company clearly and deliberately misleads you and then refuses to refund you a paltry sum, such as for shipping, I have serious doubts that they will stand behind their products when there are serious issues."

"Ordered some Canon printer photo paper. The order process was very quick and it shipped next day on Black Friday. It only took 2 days to arrive. I'm very happy with the experience."

"Bought a Canon EOS Rebel, great camera! Came with a 12 month warranty and the mainboard on the camera was defective and stopped working 1 month after it went out of warranty. Called support, very friendly (but just reading scripts). Was told to send it in to be checked out. 1st response, out of warranty and would have to pay to get it fixed. After a couple calls and further review they agreed to repair it free of charge "this one time". Only con was that I had to jump through a couple hoops to get it repaired but at the end of the day I was happy with the results and will continue to purchase their products..."

Washington

"My experience with Canon was disastrous. They shipped me a faulty Canon EOS 7D wrapped with little padding, and I am now going through a long process to resolve the issue. Avoid them. I'm still awaiting a refund -- money I will spend somewhere else..."

"I ordered a Pixma Pro 9000 mkII on the customer loyalty program; my old S900 finally gave up the ghost after 7 years of good service and thousands of pix. They had this printer discounted with free overnight shipping; although this was not the absolute best price, it was still very good for a relatively new printer and they also included free shipping for the paper I ordered at the same time. The printer arrived earlier than I expected in good shape and it is producing wonderful pix. I recommend you consider this store, especially if you can qualify for the customer loyalty discount."

"Found a great deal on photopaper so I ordered a ton (26pk of 70ct 3x5's, and 13 pks of 20ct 5x7's) Order shipped next day and received 5 days later. Order went very smoothly and I got a ton of photopaper super cheap. "

Omaha, NE

"The Canon eStore had 50% off all paper sale during December, 2008. I ordered 8 packs of paper in various sizes. As of January 22, 2009, it appears that one pack is on backorder and the entire order is being held. The estimated shipping date is APRIL 21, 2009! That's FOUR MONTHS after the order was placed.

After speaking with customer service, it appears that the order was marked as "ship when complete" rather than "ship when available." 'Bob' in customer service changed it to "ship when available." We'll see what happens.

[Edit 1/27/2009] Bob called me back on 1/22. One of the paper packs I ordered was out of stock and no longer in production. He offered to replace the Photo Paper Pro I originally ordered with Photo Paper Pro II (PPPII). I accepted this resolution.

When my order came today, the replacement pack was a 100-pack of Photo Paper Plus Glossy (PPPG), and the 8x10 paper that came in a multi-pack was in bent packaging. After opening the 8x10 and inspecting the paper, it appeared undamaged.

I called customer service to comment on the the PPPG. They apologized for the error and offered to let me keep the PPPG and said they will send the PPPII at no additional cost.

Long story short, the errors and delays were frustrating. But, customer service appears to have come through and made it right. Based on how this order was handled, I am willing to give Canon's eStore another chance in the future.

modified review This review was modified by rainmakr on January 27 2009 07:51:37 PM

"As previous reviewer stated, this store seems to have very competitive prices. So far, I made only one purchase from them, but the transaction went smoothly, reasonably quickly (Fedex Home Delivery), and in this case, they had by far the largest selection of merchandize. Highly recommended!

BP

"After searching the web, I found that the Canon eStore! offered a very competitive total cost (item cost + S&H) on a Canon PIXIMA IP4300 Photo Printer. I ordered the printer on Friday, June 29, 2007 at 11:56 PM. On Monday, July 02, 2007 at 2:48 PM I received a shipping notification along with a FedEx Ground Home Delivery tracking number. I received the package on Jul 5, 2007 at 3:02 PM.

The printer arrived in perfect condition and has performed flawlessly ever since I installed it. I am completely satisfied with both the printer itself and the excellent service that I received from the Canon eStore!. I would definitely recommend the Canon eStore! to anyone who is looking to purchase a Canon printer.

Canon is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Canon is a merchant member
Canon participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 1,847 merchant members.