Stores > Canada Computers

• Canada Computer

Product & services pricing Rating 4.32/10 4.32/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 0.45/10 0.45/10

2016-02-18

Unavailable to fill orders (Etobicoke Store)

"Ordered two "in-stock" toners but waited over a week before receiving an email saying it was on "backordered".
Finally, received another email noting that the two toners are ready for pickup at the store. When I got there, the sale rep said only one of toners has come in to the store even though in the email it clearly noted that both toners are ready for pickup. The Etobicoke store manager had a "couldn't care less" attitude and he was not helpful at all.
Our firm will take our business to NCIX from now on.

2016-02-09

Worst Online Support..

"I ordered a projector online and haven't received any news after 3 weeks. Tried calling the support numbers and the line rings endlessly. Emailed them many times, no reply... I called the Toronto store to explain the situation, left my contact info, still no news nor callback

Worst support I've ever seen. Not recommended.

I'm never buying anything from Canada Computers again...

2016-02-01

Why DO we all continue to shop @ this place.....

"I have been a customer of Canada computers for well over a decade. Is it because of something special in their secret sauce ? Short answer is no. They have for years been in an industry in Ontario where is can simply be poor to mediocre and still strive. First let's take a look at the competition.

1. TigerDirect. (Usually higher prices, and customer service just as poor if not worse. Not to mention that their retail operations seem to be falling off a cliff and disappearing.)
2. BestBuy. (Stock quantity and variation in retail outlets is extremely limited)
3. NCIX. (Not enough retail locations)
4. Factory Direct. (Does this one even need explaining ?)
5. Newegg.ca, Amazon... (No retail locations)

Until a reputable retailer like Memory Express comes to Ontario you can expect to keep on dealing with the worst return policy in the industry, Customer service that just does not care, and a broken web experience with poor shipping practices.

Maybe one day they can make an attempt to change, but I don't see it coming until real competition forces them to.

This review was modified by MMMRT on February 01 2016 12:07:43 AM

2016-01-30

nothing but lies

"I bought the sky phone 9 days ago and it keeps freezing and has been typing its own words I have a bill that has I can return it with in 14 days and Canada computers is telling me NO that I can't I have to keep the phone I spent 250 on a paper weight thanks for nothing Canada computers I will make sure I tell everyone I know you are nothing but a rip off I have a 30 day warranty and a 14 day return policy and yet u tell me its not your problem well I will take this up with the BBB as I do have a right 1045 Wellington rd london on"

This review was modified by ripoff777 on January 30 2016 12:30:58 PM

2016-01-28

Online just as Bad as physical store

"Bought a hard drive at the store and instantly after coming back home tested it out fully with the WD tools. The drive was in terrible condition after running the tests. Returned to the store 2 hours later after purchase and wanted a refund. The store gave me hell, had to argue with them for a good solid 20 minutes and they wanted to run their own tests which took another 20 minutes. So in about 1 hour of standing around in the store I recieved my refund. Ridiculous."

This review was modified by Smele on January 28 2016 04:49:13 AM

2016-01-21

Worst customer service ever!

"Canada Computers has the worst customer service I have ever seen.

You have been warned.

If you still shop there after reading this then you get what you deserve

This review was modified by dave3940 on January 21 2016 11:26:28 AM

2016-01-20

AVOID AT ALL COST!

"I had purchased a Nexus 6 phone online before the Christmas and it started malfunction right after the new year, then I brought the phone to one of the Markham Unionville store on January 9, 2016 at around 10:30 am to have it check out and the customer service representative offered for an exchange since they had confirmed it is a manufacturer defect, and had placed a transfer request for a new Nexus 6 from Barrie to Markham Unionville store. The service rep had informed me at the store that it normally would take 4 days, so I had waited until Jan 13, 2016 then I called the Markham store for status and the service rep. I had spoken to over the phone stated that the expected wait time should be 7 days, not 4. As a result, I had waited for 3 more days unit Jan 15, 2016 and I called again and then the service rep had advised me again that the product is still in transit and not arrived yet.

It had been over 11 days by today Jan 20, 2016 and I had been calling the Markham Unionville store for status update everyday and the customer service rep. had only been telling me it is either not arrived yet, or we haven't check the shipment that came in today. Today (Jan 20, 2016), the rep. came up with a smart way to brush me off... He said that the phone should have arrived, and will call me back in half an hour so he can go check it, and I had been waited since (over 2 hours by now) and still no call back.

I would have given a zero star if I could. Save your time, money, and sanity and DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM CANADA COMPUTERS!!!

This review was modified by debytkchan on January 20 2016 12:53:17 PM

2016-01-08

"I bought a pair of headphones online. The item was "available online" on the web site (and still is as of this writing".
A week an a half later, I fill an online form to inquire why I has not received my order. Nobody answered.
I called a few days later (long distance charges...)(and it took many tries before someone picked up) and I was finally able to cancel the order, although the person I talked to told me I would not get an email confirmation. He also told me it would take 10 to 20 business day to get a refund!!!
They actually charged my credit card as soon as the order was processed!

Never again.

This review was modified by Roberttttttt on January 08 2016 02:35:14 PM

2015-12-08

"I tried (being the key word) to purchase a tablet via Amazon through this third party vendor. Ordered the tablet and waited... And waited. Tried to send Canada Computers an email.... No reply. Again and still no reply. Tried calling CC on 2 different days and was not even able to get an operator. Cancelled the order via Amazon... At least that went well. If your going to buy from Canadian Computer, I suggest you go to a store and pick up the product yourself."

2015-12-07

"Terribly slow order processing ! Placed an order 7 days ago. Not shipped yet and no reply to the emails I sent.

Avoid at all cost !!!

2015-11-11

"Avoid! Terrible service.
I purchased a computer case online. They gladly took my order, and charged my credit card!
1 week later I still had not received a tracking email. After contacting them, only the day after did they reply that they had no stock and wouldn't be getting any.

This review was modified by mousseau_rick on November 13 2015 12:22:01 PM

2015-08-17

"I usually buy my PC monitors from you in the store. The smaller stores do not have many options to pick from on display but overall good enough. This store is pretty good if you're into pc stuff. "

2015-08-05

"Unbelievable! i find what i want at the price i want on their website. i wait until the next day to phone and confirm the model number and specs. i order the computer, get it, and it's not the one! yeah, sure, they offer me a refund...and say "sorry, we rely on info from our suppliers"...i don't care where they get the info...they posted a product at a price, and then refuse to honour it. And "J" at local 261 apologizes...big deal...words are cheap, and this company, IMHO, is a "bait and switch" scam! STAY AWAY FROM THESE PEOPLE! "

This review was modified by djhthp on August 05 2015 10:35:52 AM

2015-07-08

"This company violates own Return & Exchange policy by not accepting items fully eligible for return. They invent conditions not mentioned in the policy. Once they have been asked to show such conditions written on the paper or on their website, they respond: "We have decided so. Matter is closed. Period." The only legal way to deal with such situation is filing a consumer complaint report to Ministry of Government and Consumer Services. And of course avoid their service at any cost! "

This review was modified by d.k. on July 08 2015 04:03:49 PM

2015-06-22

"Abysmal customer service. Arbitrary policies, and misleading text in web site. Will never shop there again and recommend everyone I know to avoid."

Share Canada Computers's store rating

Canada Computers is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Canada Computers is not a merchant member
Canada Computers does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!