Stores > Canada Computers

Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.50/10 1.50/10
    Customer service: Rating 2.00/10 2.00/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.25/10 1.25/10
2017-02-16

Sold me a defective part

"The worst computer store for parts. They sold me a defective graphics card and they still charged me a restocking fee. The card will not boot windows or will constantly freeze yet they feel this is a functioning part lol. I told them to return it to the manufacturer for repairs but all they cared about was the Restocking fee. Made no effort to test the stability of the card and dismissed everything as a compatibility issue when my machine meets the requirements for this card. Overall terrible, make sure to avoid."

This review was modified by 11Jim11 on February 16 2017 11:45:02 PM

2017-01-19

USB online order

"Canadacomputers is store that posts many things online for sale but has no real organizational skills (especially online). I ordered eleven USBs and it allowed my order to go through and charged my credit card. Later on, Canadacomputers support team send me an email letting me know that they can only send 3 USBs for almost double the price advertised on their website, plus shipping charges!!! This was unacceptable, so, I asked Canadacomputers to cancel my order and deposit the money that they charged me back to my credit card. After three weeks, I am still waiting! How can this be a legit business??"

This review was modified by mghorvei on January 19 2017 07:45:02 AM

2017-01-04

Random Buyer

"Bought on black Friday and saved 100's of dollars on my parts. Very satisfied and when I tried to return an ssd ON B.F. hours later and the manager Gary made an exception to make my trip as easy as possible"

2016-12-07

misleading pricing

"item has one price on it and they don't think they have to sell it at that price. It is our price for this cable sku before the exchange rate was increased. is the reason. Well wasn't it bought before the exchange rate was increased so it shouldn't have anything to do with that. also if they want to raise the price they should remove the old price like everyone else does"

This review was modified by justanaveragebob on December 07 2016 04:45:40 PM

2016-11-09

Worst customer service ever!!!!!

"I purchased a surge protector because they promised me that it's going to work in Europe with 220V. Unfortunately I didn't what surge meant at that time so I believed them. Of course it doesn't work in Europe (after researching what it is it makes total sense to me...). Customer service said I can return it in 14 days, no problem. They didn't seem to understand that me and the product are in Europe so I can't just walk to the store and return it. I asked them if I can ship it back, I got no answer. After weeks of emailing they finally said, oh now it's past the 14 days so there is nothing we can do about it anymore. I'm so angry and disappointed. Should I return to Canada I will never trust their employees, more over I will most probably never buy anything from them! "

This review was modified by Adri43 on November 09 2016 04:21:22 AM

2016-10-20

Worst place, cheaters

"Worst place never buy anything from this store they are cheater, everything is final sale here they lie about return policy "

2016-07-07

Blaming customer for a defect product, for 2 hours.

"I will NEVER do business with this store again. I will rate them -10.

This morning I purchased a Marque 2 M165 - Plantronics. right after going home, I install it and found a product problem, very heavy echo at unacceptable level. I tried 2 cell phones, different combinations, all has same problem, pointing to this device. I also searched the internet, some people report same problem. it is defect.

so i go back to store in this hot day (really don't want). I told service counter the problem, and the guy blaming me not having full power charge causing echo problem, he need prove the defect for exchange. I told the guy the device promote me there is still 3 hours of talk time, not power issue. he just kept me waiting there for over half hour, waiting power charge.

I am ready to pay more to buy another model, much more expensive one, as I don't want take risk go out again just for exchange, in hot day. they refused.

Finally, store manager showed up. I push/suggest for a test to prove this is defect product with echo problem. finally after over 1 hour of argument, he agreed to test wireless headset, using their own phones. they finally proved heavy echo when with devices, by themselves.

But the store manager now turn the points, arguing that the headset echo is the designed function. What a joke!! , who want this echo function when you talking, JOKE!

Store manager agreed that he will try another one, but i have to take it or leave it if the new one still has the echo problem, as they said this is designed function.

We tested the new one. the new headset does not have echo problem!!!!. It toke me over 2 hours to prove it.

They just want push problem to their customer. blaming customer, treat their customer like theft.

every year I purchase a lot of computer equipment from CC, for home and business, but after today, I will NEVER do business with this Chinese store again.

2016-06-08

bad customer service

"very bad customer service "

This review was modified by dontgotocc on July 15 2016 07:31:03 AM

2016-06-03

Failed Order

"I tried to order a replacement UPS battery. I checked stock, and they had some in the warehouse, and it would take 4-5 business days to get delivered to the store. No problem sounds good. I waited, 2 weeks, and no phone calls or emails, so I emailed customer support, and they told me that they had the battery, and it should be arrive at the store in a couple days. Ok. Another week passes and still nothing. This time I email support, and asked them to cancel the order, and immediately got a reply that the battery was on the truck for the store. So I asked them if I could make the pickup on the weekend, and they proceeded to tell me that it wouldn't be possible and i would have to wait til mid next week.

No idea what kind of games they are playing but I still had them cancel the order. I don't think I'll go back. If they would have told me the truth in the beginning, I may ordered the battery somewhere else, but at least think of them when I needed something.

2016-02-18

Unavailable to fill orders (Etobicoke Store)

"Ordered two "in-stock" toners but waited over a week before receiving an email saying it was on "backordered".
Finally, received another email noting that the two toners are ready for pickup at the store. When I got there, the sale rep said only one of toners has come in to the store even though in the email it clearly noted that both toners are ready for pickup. The Etobicoke store manager had a "couldn't care less" attitude and he was not helpful at all.
Our firm will take our business to NCIX from now on.

2016-02-09

Worst Online Support..

"I ordered a projector online and haven't received any news after 3 weeks. Tried calling the support numbers and the line rings endlessly. Emailed them many times, no reply... I called the Toronto store to explain the situation, left my contact info, still no news nor callback

Worst support I've ever seen. Not recommended.

I'm never buying anything from Canada Computers again...

2016-02-01

Why DO we all continue to shop @ this place.....

"I have been a customer of Canada computers for well over a decade. Is it because of something special in their secret sauce ? Short answer is no. They have for years been in an industry in Ontario where is can simply be poor to mediocre and still strive. First let's take a look at the competition.

1. TigerDirect. (Usually higher prices, and customer service just as poor if not worse. Not to mention that their retail operations seem to be falling off a cliff and disappearing.)
2. BestBuy. (Stock quantity and variation in retail outlets is extremely limited)
3. NCIX. (Not enough retail locations)
4. Factory Direct. (Does this one even need explaining ?)
5. Newegg.ca, Amazon... (No retail locations)

Until a reputable retailer like Memory Express comes to Ontario you can expect to keep on dealing with the worst return policy in the industry, Customer service that just does not care, and a broken web experience with poor shipping practices.

Maybe one day they can make an attempt to change, but I don't see it coming until real competition forces them to.

This review was modified by MMMRT on February 01 2016 12:07:43 AM

2016-01-30

nothing but lies

"I bought the sky phone 9 days ago and it keeps freezing and has been typing its own words I have a bill that has I can return it with in 14 days and Canada computers is telling me NO that I can't I have to keep the phone I spent 250 on a paper weight thanks for nothing Canada computers I will make sure I tell everyone I know you are nothing but a rip off I have a 30 day warranty and a 14 day return policy and yet u tell me its not your problem well I will take this up with the BBB as I do have a right 1045 Wellington rd london on"

This review was modified by ripoff777 on January 30 2016 12:30:58 PM

2016-01-28

Online just as Bad as physical store

"Bought a hard drive at the store and instantly after coming back home tested it out fully with the WD tools. The drive was in terrible condition after running the tests. Returned to the store 2 hours later after purchase and wanted a refund. The store gave me hell, had to argue with them for a good solid 20 minutes and they wanted to run their own tests which took another 20 minutes. So in about 1 hour of standing around in the store I recieved my refund. Ridiculous."

This review was modified by Smele on January 28 2016 04:49:13 AM

2016-01-21

Worst customer service ever!

"Canada Computers has the worst customer service I have ever seen.

You have been warned.

If you still shop there after reading this then you get what you deserve

This review was modified by dave3940 on January 21 2016 11:26:28 AM

Share Canada Computers's store rating

Canada Computers is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Canada Computers is not a merchant member
Canada Computers does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!