Camweis Reviews - camweis.com Ratings at ResellerRatings

Rating 5.00/10 2 reviews

Camweis is not a merchant member
Camweis does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!

"worst company i have ever dealt with.

canon/sigma 15mm f/2.8 fisheye ordered on 4/20, 2 days before the weekend and 4 days before a jewish holiday. i had no problem with them going on holiday because i was under the impression they were responsible and would take the remainder of wednesday or thursday or even friday to ship out the lens before they went on their own holiday.

the first week of may i call them on monday the 2nd and ask when my lens would ship, they tell me they are delayed because they were off all week, (thats perfectly fine) he tells me 2 days it would ship.

fast forward to today monday may 9th 2005, i call again. where is my lens i want a tracking number. oh sorry we dont have it in stock.

wow i cant even express how angry i am now, they not only wasted nearly 3 weeks of my time they didnt even attempt to inform me by email or phone that they had none in stock.

camweis is a complete waste of time. judging by their reputation on ebay as well, they are horrid at shipping times.

modified review This review was modified by reverthion on May 09 2005 07:49:26 PM

"I've used camweis twice in the past, once for a small purchase (180mm 3.5 macro f/Nikon M) and once for a large purchase (20D, 120-300 2.8, 18-50mm 2.8, 180mm 3.5 macro f/canon M). The Nikon lens actually turned out to be a bad copy and had 0 problems exchanging it for a perfect copy thanks to Joel. With sigma being kinda sketchy in the QC dept, its good to have good CS and exchange policy. My large purchase was made when I switched to Canon in Sept, every item was the lowest or within 5% of the lowest online. All items came in perfectly and operated the same. When I first found Camweis I looked on resellerratings to find nothing, but after talking to a rep I deciding to take the risk. So far so good."