Stores > Cameta Camera
  • Cameta Camera Cameta Camera Elite Status

253 Broadway
      Amityville, NY US
      9:00am - 6:00pm Mon-Wed9:00am - 8:00pm Thur9:00am - 6:00pm Sat10:00am - 4:00pm Sun
      800-991-3350

Chance of future purchase: Rating 8.57/10 8.57/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 8.27/10 8.27/10
    Customer service: Rating 8.50/10 8.50/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 8.57/10 8.57/10
Voice your opinion! Review Cameta Camera by clicking a star below.

2017-06-18

GREAT! GREAT! GREAT! (as always)

"I've bought Nikon equipment from Cameta's before, so I knew what to expect ahead of time from that prior experience. Their delivery of a refurbished 55-200mm Nikon VR II zoom lens to me went without a hitch and was RAPID! Trust me, you can take their word TO THE BANK when it comes to the perfect condition of a refurbished item. ROCK ON, CAMETA!"

2017-06-17

Everything came in a timely manner excellent products

"Have done business with them before and was very happy"

2017-06-15

They did a fast return

"Good return performance. Good seller"

2017-06-11

I Iove Cameta Camera

"This is an amazing place to purchase items!"

2017-06-10

Sent wrong itme

"ordered a camera bag, they sent the wrong one and wanted to see photos and said they needed to compare it to a video. Never had such a hard time with a vendor. Crap company. "

Rep reply posted Jun-13-2017

A rep from Cameta Camera, cameta, has responded

“Thank you for your recent review. In reviewing the details of the order it appear on 6/6/2017an order was placed via Amazon for a Nikon gadget bag, along with a microfiber cleaning cloth. The order was shipped the same day and was subsequently delivered on 6/10/2017. The same day we received an Amazon return request stating the wrong item was received, that the bag was smaller and the Nikon label was missing. We requested images of the case received to address this concern. We received the images a few hours later and you indicated that you threw away the Nikon logo because it was coming off. We could not identify the case as a Nikon bag and it did not appear to be a case we stock. As a result we requested the image of the packaging sleeve and shipping envelope which were both underneath the bag in the pictures sent. No follow-up pictures were sent and negative feedback was left across 3 platforms. ”

2017-06-10

Needed urgently, delivered swiftly

"I took advantage of the next day shipping option to have the camera in time to shoot photos for a family at a funeral. Though I panicked a bit when the shipping notice came well into the evening the day before I was supposed to get it, the camera indeed arrived on time the next day, and did its job admirably at the funeral. Very satisfied. "

2017-06-05

Excellent service

"Cameta provided an excellent sales and service experience and I LOVE the lens."

2017-06-02

Second camera purchase

"Both cameras I have purchased have been at a great price with great deals on both."

2017-05-27

Great shopping experience

"Items were packaged very well."

2017-05-25

Good product. Fast standard delivery. Packed well.

"Only problem, wasted a lot of time because Cameta Camera required I register the "delivery address" with my credit card company. Heck of a waste of time. They're getting paid. Shouldn't matter what address I wish to have the product sent to. I travel a lot requiring different shipping addresses as equipment is needed. I can't go through this hassle every time."

2017-05-17

quick delivery

"it was delivered quick but a piece is broken i need to call them maybe i should wait to post a review and see how it goes"

2017-05-11

Excellent customer support, great prices and quality products

"I've been a long-standing Cameta customer and every time I buy from them, the experience has been perfect. I've purchased cameras, lenses, flashes, etc. and all have arrived promptly and never a problem.
Once I had an issue with a warranteed repair for a lens and Cameta handled everything. They shipped the lens to the manufacturer, managed the issue from start to finish, and then shipped the lens back at no cost. Moast recently they helped me to choose the best camera for my granddaughter and when I learned she wanted a different color, they changed it out immediately when I called. Best of all, there was no delay in shipping which made my granddaughter exceptionally happy.
Yes, I have bought from other camera shops but I keep coming back to Cameta because I get the best service from them and that's all that matters for me.

2017-05-11

Good customer service, products & prices

"This is the 2nd camera I've ordered from them. I highly recommend Cameta Camera."

2017-05-06

so sad

"my camera not been delivered and i was billed for this item"

Rep reply posted May-08-2017

A rep from Cameta Camera, cameta, has responded

“Thank you for your recent review. We are sorry for any inconvenience this attempted transaction caused. In reviewing the order details it does appear you placed an order through our website on 3/18/2017 using a credit card. When we attempted to verify your billing and shipping details you’re your financial institution we were advised that they do not participate in merchant verification. Merchant verification is done as a means to combat credit card fraud. This is not to imply that you are or were attempting to commit such fraud, however given the nature of our industry, we do verify all payments prior to processing. We do not want anyone to have the ability to use a stolen credit card to purchase from us, putting both the cardholder and company at a disadvantage. As we were unable to verify your payment details, no charge was ever placed on the card in question. We did email you on 3/20/2017 to notify you of the issue, and also provided a variety of alternative payment methods to you. As no response was received the order was automatically cancelled on 4/2/2017.Again, we are sorry for any inconvenience caused as that was not our intention. ”

2017-04-26

Nikon D3400

"I order from Cameta often and they always do a good job! This order I happened to make a mistake in my order placement, but not only did Cameta catch it they also gave me faster shipping to make up for lost time. It was a positive experience!"

Share Cameta Camera's store rating

Cameta Camera is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Cameta Camera is a merchant member
Cameta Camera participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 3,378 merchant members.