• Rating 1.33/10 123 reviews

Camera Addict is not a merchant member
    Camera Addict does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!
  • Camera Addict contact information

"The purchase was simple and easy. I even got my lens earlier than expected."

"I do wish I had read the reviews before placing the online order. After reading all the reviews I fully knew what to expect. As soon as Ronald Davis, ext. 234 called, I told him all that I read online and that I want a tracking number, etc. He was pretty nice and I did accept the insurance upsell (which I'm sure was way overpriced) b/c I wanted to make sure the camera would not be backordered forever. Well - after more research, I realized that this would have been a grey market camera. My only issue with that was reading the other reviews about the company not fixing their merchandice correctly, so I certainly did not want to risk that. This morning I called Ronald, confirmed that it was a gray market camera and the American version would be more expensive than Amazon. So I cancelled. That was easy - I got my cancellation email and I just need to make sure they don't charge my credit card. So I'll update this post if I have further issues with that.

I don't recommend them, however if you know what you are getting into and comfortable with gray equipment, and a few extra upsells, then I guess this company would not be so bad.

Having said that, I never actually bought (and kept) anything from them. So take this review as it is.

"I've been reading these really bad reviews about places like Camera Addict and Sonic Cameras. They've really been trashed on this site. I see very, very few positive ratings. I have an item I purchased from Camera Addict, so I want to let persons know of my experience: YES, they WILL try to talk you into spending more money-that is their job-they are probably on a commission and they act like you should EXPECT to pay more. But listen carefully, you can really get a package including what you want, not just what they offer on their site-to lure you in. The price WILL get you to call-to verify your purchase-the tactic they use to get you to call. No, the battery is not part of the price you see on the Web... maybe they take them out and sell them separately, don't know, but that is how they get you. Their goal is to get a certain amount of money for the product. So, you negotiate what they offer on the Web vs. what you need that they want to sell separately (if you don't want all the stuff they offer in the Web package). I purchased a Canon ZR-850 Mini DV Camcorder/Camera. The Web price was $179. After negotiating the package, my bottom line was $250. Standard battery with long-lasting also, cables, remote-it's all about the package. The camera is fine, works fine, still in warranty; I registered it with Canon and had no problems. If you don't want the hassle of talking to someone, pay a few dollars more, or sometimes less, at Amazon.com. By the time these people finish with you, it works out about the same anyway. I checked the Canon site to see the list price with Accessories-maybe $100 more. They use the low price to reel you in. Although I am satisfied with my purchase, I was on pins and needles before it arrived. I called to check twice; they assured me it was on the way. It did and all is well. So I'll give them a thumbs up. "

"Purchased Pioneer Hp5000DVD In Dec 2008 From them, have had it back for repairs 3 times, for same problem of screen not coming back out. Each time it has been in for repairs for at least 4 weeks, get it back it works for 2-3 weeks then breaks again, this last time, they sent it back without the Radio tuner, it will not work with out the tuner. Each time with talking to them they are rude and A***h****. It has now been 3 weeks and they still have not sent the missing part... Talked to Pioneer service, and found out that they have never had the unit in for repairs. They believe that the unit was probably part of "missing" units. Therefore they did not want to send it in. STAY AWAY FROM THIS STORE.. GO with a honest place of business."

"These guys are shysters. I have been buying items online for years and years and this is the first bad review I've ever had to write.

I ordered a Canon SD-750 from Camera Addict because they had the lowest price. The confirmation email said "for expedited processing" to call them and confirm the order. I had never heard of such a thing before. So I called them and the rep was trying to sell me an extended battery saying that the stock battery only lasts 15 minutes. I began to think he was not being truthful about the battery, I do not believe Canon would sell a camera with a battery that only lasts 15 minutes. I declined the battery, and then he tells me that the model I've ordered is the Japanese version, that is why the battery only lasts 15 minutes, and that all the on-screen menus are in Japanese. He told me that I could order the U.S. version for $199, which is about $70 more than the one I had ordered. Give me a break. I told him that there was no mention of the Japanese version on the website, and there was only one SD-750 even listed on the website. He didn't have an answer. So I canceled the order. Strangely, the phone line went dead right when I canceled. They did cancel the order, though.

My suspicions are that they only have the U.S. version and they bait you with the $130 camera, then tell you it's the "Japanese" version to upsell you on the $199 "U.S." version, as I read another review here where they tried to do the same thing but with a "German" version. They figure that no one is going to go for the "Japanese" version, and that's how they get you to pay $199 for the "U.S." version.

I bought the same model camera somewhere else, and the battery lasts quite a while, not just 15 minutes like this guy was trying to tell me.

Shysters and liars.

"These people are a joke, rude, dumb, etc.
They just called me on an order I placed & wanted to confirm my address when they started trying to sell me more stuff & patronizing me. He couldn't even speak proper english. He was a wanna be wiseguy. I told him to just cancel the order & he got smart with me! Pay the extra 5 dollars, and go with a reputable company.

"I placed the order Jan 18th. I received a call from a rep on the 20th wanting to sell me more stuff. I had read bad reviews about the site but thought I'd give it a try anyway. I've checked several times for the status of my order and it has NOT even shipped yet. Today is Feb 1st. I tried to cancel the order and am getting the run around.
I'm not sure why they bother being a store if they like to waste peoples time and theirs. It must cost them money to pay their reps that duck questions plus the charges incurred from having to call their 800 number for order status.
Too bad!

"Textbook "bait and switch" operation. Could not finalize e-mail purchase without contacting salesperson. Very long waits. Salesperson insisted on purchase of numerous extras at inflated prices to finalize purchase or the order would be cancelled. I had same experience with "sister/alias" outlet Prestige Camera. "

"These people are out and out crooks, and have no knowledge of the equipment they are selling. I ordered a Canon G10 advertised at $369, a great price. I got an email saying I had to call them to confirm. When I talked to the rep, I wanted to confirm that this was not gray market. He said it was, and that the US warranty product was $419. I had assumed that would be the case, and that price was still OK. He started offering various add ons, most of which I had no need for. I was interested in the filters, and he came up with a price of $30 for the filter ring adapter and $50 for the filters. Even though the site says no shipping charge, I was told there was a $20 handling fee. I asked about how the filter ring attached to the lens, and was assured that on the G10, the lens had a bayonet mount on it to handle the adapter, unlike the G9, where the adapter attaches magnetically. I have a G9 without filters and didn't know how the ring attaches, but couldn't believe it was magnetic. Nevertheless, I accepted the order as is, which should at this point have been $520. When it came, the invoice was for $540 (I'm rounding off the pennies). It listed a kit, not individual items, including the camera and a "long life battery upgrade". The battery is the standard one listed by Canon in the owner's manual. There was no filter ring. When I called, I was told I had bought a kit and I couldn't return the filters, but I could return all of it with a 15% restocking fee. They tried to offer me a 2 gig SD card, supposedly worth $80. Now I am a computer reseller, and I know what memory costs. I could buy the card they offered me for $10. After getting transferred to a supervisor, he offered to throw in a 3 year warranty, which is not worth much for a digital camera, since historically they have very few issues. I finally just said yes to that, and that they would ship the filter ring, since I would be out even more ($81) after taking the hit for sending it back. I would NEVER suggest to anyone that this place is worth the hassle to deal with. They are liars and con men. The accessories they sold for $120 were easily found for $50 elsewhere afterwards. "

"I stupidly ordered a Nikon Cool Pix P80 from this company. The weirdness started at checkout when I was not able to print a copy of the order confirmation. Then I received an email from them saying that I had to call them before the order would ship. All of their numbers were constantly busy and only one email address from their "contact" page worked. After reading all the horrible reviews here, I sent a cancellation email to the one email address that is not currently bouncing emails. Went ahead and ordered from another company that I have done business with before. Paying more than what camera addict advertises on line, but have peace of mind. Hopefully I will be permanently done with them...

K. J. Washington State USA

"THE WORST EAST COAST SCAMMERS AROUND!!!!!

BEWARE...... DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM!!!!!

SCAM-SCAM-SCAM- Horrible customer service.....

Called to check stock..... Then spoke to them over the phone after 3 hang ups.... BEWARE, Then got a backorder e-mail!!!!!!!!!

modified review This review was modified by Bosco1 on December 07 2008 11:09:50 AM

"This "Company" Stinks and is just a bunch of dishonest people, Tried to purchase a GPS system from them and like many of the other people here they added on a bunch of stuff that should be part of the standard equipment (according to the Garmin website) They put high pressure that you NEED this stuff, when they know its not the case. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY, I am fighting with them thru my credit card company to get my over charge back!!"

"UN-BELIEVABLE SCAM ARTISTS! Yet I fear many have fallen prey to their cocky, bullying, deceptive schemes. I tried to order a Mac laptop and an $800 Sony Lens from them at the prices listed on their website (as well as Broadway Photo) and found after wasting hours of my time with them on the phone with different sales people and managers that it was never going to happen. They would simply throw the "won't work without these accessories" or "that is only the mail-in warranty" or "you know this is the Japanese-only version, right" at me. Bait-and-Switch and fear-of-loss. When I tried to alter my first order after checking on some of their upsell accessories, the guy cancelled my order and said I now had to wait 2 weeks before i could order!! LOL , what kind of legitimate company does that? When I then called back and got a manager to admonish this guy,he said "he'd look into it." Yeah, right. After the 3rd salesman told me the Mac Laptop for the advertised price was the "Japanese version"....(The American version was $300 MORE!!) Yet it had the same model no. I'd seen all over the internet as American ... I said, "Really, and what do you think Apple will say to that when I call them?" He hung up on me. They also do not disclose on their site the ADDED 6%-9% "Handling Charge" . SCAM,SCAM,SCAMMERS!! AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!"

"Camera Addict is a scam operation. I orderd a Canon G9 from them--they had the lowest price--and they would NOT ship it to me for the price I paid. It was in "backorder" forever. Avoid like the plague. In fact, give them the plague. Cameraddict.com is a scam operation. Do not shop from these scammers. "

"DO NOT USE THIS STORE

they will tell you it is in stock over the phone, and then it will be back ordered for weeks

So DO NOT USE THIS STORE