Stores > Camden-Grey Essential Oils

• Camden-Grey Ess

Product & services pricing Rating 7.50/10 7.50/10

"Terrible customer service. Bill me 1 month later about shipping charges. Want me to send my credit card number by email or fax. First, not going to do that. Told Sasha I wouldn't, and that they could charge my Paypal, assuring her that it would be paid immediately. She replies, basically saying f you; we don't want your $16.41 because of your insolence. Oh yea and we won't fill your orders anymore. Good thing their products are not worth the savings. Do yourself a favor, pay the extra dollars to a better company with better products and customer service. Oh yea, and a company that is run in the present day and charges shipping when you order something- not a month later. I called not a minute after her reply, called 10 times before someone calling herself the cleaning lady answered. Yes, perfection. "

This review was modified by evitar28 on March 30 2015 04:38:13 PM

" DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY! My initial experience with this company was uneventful but I've since come to learn they could care less about customer satisfaction. I ordered sandalwood (an oil I've used many times) and what I received smelled nothing like sandalwood at all. I've e-mailed them and followed their ridiculous requests and still am being told that what they shipped was the appropriate item and that the issue is mine. They must not care about having repeat customers because they were unwilling to work with me at all. Do yourself a favor and don't do business with them. You might get what you want one time and the next who knows. The issue is really their terrible customer service so why take a chance? Work with a company you know will take your concerns seriously. Once I had done everything they requested guess what? They stopped answering my e-mails altogether. DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY OR TIME. "

"Exceptionally poor customer service. They refused to honor promo codes that they had put out. They also refused to cancel my order even though it was literally 2 minutes since it had been placed. I Ordered from Camden Grey because they are local. I like to support local businesses. Besides all of the other problems I also ordered from a company in Ohio on the same day. I received there order before Camden grey even packed mine for shipping. The oils were of OK quality as was the essential oils from them. There are others that are of similar or better quality for the same prices. I will buy from another company with better customer service even if i have to pay more.

Edit: I received my recent order from them that I was having trouble with. They did not include the Tee Tree essential oil that I ordered and still charged me for it. They have not responded to me despite 3 attempts at contacting them. Two emails and a voice message. As far as I can tell they just stole that money from me. I will follow up with the police if this is not resolved with Camden Grey shortly. I will update if there are any new developments.

This review was modified by Tim1841 on December 07 2014 05:37:36 AM

"I have ordered from them numerous times over the years and have always gotten good results with the products. Good, quick service and have never had an issue. I am currently waiting on my most recent order which shipped out 1 day after I placed it and tracking shows it will arrive three days from now!

Not sure about those stating they have had bad experiences with this company, I have had nothing but good products and excellent service with Camden-Grey. I will continue to purchase from them.

This review was modified by Bambina on June 15 2014 05:43:02 PM

"I ordered $700 worth of EOs from Camden Grey. The shipping was rather slow, but that was not a big deal to me. The total weight of all the products I ordered was 64#, they charged me $70 for S/H (that is quite expensive but it was not a big deal because they did tell me it would be that high at checkout).

The problems started when they charged me an extra $40 a few days later for additional S/H, they never invoiced me for it, nor did the tell me in any other way that they were going to charge extra, I had to find out from my bank because the account was overdrawn. I emailed their customer service to see why they charged me extra, several days later I get a reply from Vivian stating that it was for S/H at which point I told her that had not received any notification that I would be charged and I had not agreed to an extra charge. This is when Vivian's horns and tail come out (if you've ever seen Monty Python's "Argument Clinic", multiply that by 1000, ad some crazy insults that only Vivian understands, name calling and a little foul language, and voila you have Vivian), she told me that they had sent an invoice and that it was in their Terms & Conditions that they could charge any amount of extra shipping they wanted to (I read their Terms and Conditions page and they never stated that), all of this of course was mixed with a plethora of abuse. I asked her to send me a copy of the invoice she said they had sent, she just shot back with more and more emails about how they can charge whatever they want, and that she didn't have time to mess with dissatisfied customers, the emails went on forever and I finally just dropped the subject and let them steal the $40 from me, this however did not stop her from sending nasty emails to me.

As for the quality of the oils; most of them were reasonably good quality but two of them seemed watered down a bit, I know EOs vary from place to place but those two were not of acceptable quality.

Live and learn, I will never buy from them again.

If they can't even provide civil customer service on a $700 order, I'd hate to see what you get if you order $30 of EOs.

This review was modified by todokansas on March 14 2014 06:07:30 PM

"After reading the reviews posted here, I was a little worried abut ordering from this company. Those worries were completely unfounded. I have ordered twice now from them. Both shipments were very, very quick, shipped Fedex, and packaged well beyond my expectations. The pricing is amazing for the product. No inferior quality stuff here. I'm a soap maker, and I think I've found my regular supplier."

This review was modified by ladyjerusalem on October 10 2013 09:42:58 AM

"Plain and simple, this company has a no refund, return or cancellation policy. If you still plan on ordering from them you better not make a mistake or be unhappy with the purchase. They will offer you nothing but a snarky unwillingness to help. Horrible, very unprofessional lines of communication. I ordered something for 12 dollars , and was basically made to spend 20 to even get my order. On top of that shipping was over 10 dollars. The story goes on but I ended up filing a case with them on paypal. Horrible company would advise against ordering from them!! PLEASE WRITE A REVIEW IF YOU UNFORTUNATELY DO END UP ORDERING FROM THEM as it most likely will be negative. Help save someone from making a mistake."

This review was modified by ncha7498 on July 29 2013 04:26:10 PM

"Do not order from this company! I ordered annatto seed powder. I opened the bag to store part of the product in a reusable plastic container and left the other part in the bag and resealed it. About 1 week later, both the container and the bag was filled with small, strange looking bugs! I didnt' know what they were at first, so I started messing around with the strange specs. They started to move! They looked like some sort of roly poly bug. They burrowed and made holes all throughout the powder! These people never return phone calls! They don't care about you or your satisfaction. Trust me!"

"First time customer of this company. I wish I read the reviews before ordering. I am EXTREMELY disappointed in the product that I ordered and they will do nothing about it. They will not even consider that maybe this product is incorrect. It has a HINT of what I ordered, but seems VERY diluted with something terrible. I would NEVER use this in my products or for ANY reason. The smell is awful. Is this due to the plastic bottles they package in? I've never seen anything other than glass or aluminum.

No returns? No standing behind their product? No replacement?

How can a company be in business when they are not interested in satisfying their customers in ANY way? It kind of makes you wonder about a company that puts very direct instructions on an answering machine that are not service friendly. They clearly avoid speaking directly to customers, must be because they have a product they don't stand behind. Terrible integrity.

Camden-Grey Essential Oils will not remain in business long at this rate.

"Please do not waste your money on Camden Grey essential oils. I bought a 16$ 1/8 ounce bottle of rose otto and it was a nauseating smelling liquid. Rose is one of the most known, used and easily recognized smells. If you have ever bought rose absolute or otto, you know it is a warm and heavenly scent. Also it is a very expensive oil. Camden Grey does not care what the customer needs wants or anything.They will not refund me or give me credit. I would suggest New Directions Aromatics or Mountain Rose to buy supplies from. I wish I had read all the horrible reviews of Camden Grey before wasting my time and money. Just want to help others who buy these kind of products online."

"I've ordered from Camdey-Grey quite a few times and have had good experiences all times. They are a little slow on responding to emails and it is frustrating that products go "out of stock" for long periods of time, but other than that, their prices are very reasonable and a great place to go for purchasing the more expensive and exotic essential oils."

"Camden Gray offered me very poor customer service on the last two orders I placed for essential oils and lye. (I'm a 10 year cold process soap maker). I had a problem with $40.00 in bonus rebates that were not applied to my account. At no time could I speak directly with a customer service representative about my issue. It sometimes took 3 or 4 days for a reply. I will not do business with them in the future."

"I have been purchasing from Camden Grey for years. I have always received quality products and good service."

"I placed an order with the Camden-Grey Company (have ordered a few times in the past) and was sent an email invoice. A few days later I noticed an additional charge on my credit card from the company for approximately $12. I contacted them, asking what the charge was for, and asked them to let me know within 48 hours. Customer service was EXTREMELY RUDE! The charge was evidently for extra shipping charges, which they assigned after the order was shipped. Not a big deal for the charges, but Elisa in customer service sent such rude emails that I would NEVER order from them again."

"I purchase many products from Camden-Grey and never got less than the best. Items have always been as described. Customer service gets back to me quickly with answers to questions and they have always been polite to me. It seems like the other person reviewing CG probably was not telling us the whole story.

Every EO has been true and most of the FOs are true. Every once in awhile I get a FO that I don't care for but that happens with every company I order from. And, so far, even if I hate it, there is a customer of mine who loves it. (I suppose this has to do with us all being unique).

Anyway, I assume if you are reading THIS review, you have also read the bad reviews and since you can't take my or their word for anything, you would just have to try CG for yourself. I recommend with ANY NEW STORE, purchase in small quantity to begin with. Let them win you over from your own personal experience.

Share Camden-Grey Essential Oils's store rating

Camden-Grey Essential Oils is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Camden-Grey Essential Oils is not a merchant member
Camden-Grey Essential Oils does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!