• Rating 3.33/10 69 reviews

Calumet Photo.com is not a merchant member
    Calumet Photo.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!
  • Calumet Photo.com contact information

• Address: 900 W. Bliss
    • Contact: service@calumetphoto.com
    • Phone: 1-800-225-8638
    • Customer Support: 1-800-225-8638
    • Business Hours: Customer service hours: Monday to Friday, 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM CT and Saturday, 9:00 AM to 5:30PM CT

"Item hard marked out of stock when ordered, but the price was right so I ordered ahead of time. Received order a few weeks later no prob. Also ordered from them twice last year for "in-stock" items and received pretty quickly. Curious why others rated low, will read."

"CALUMET HAS THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER AND I WILL NOT ADVISE ANYONE TO PURCHASE ANY PRODUCT FROM THEM. THEY KNOW HOW TO COLLECT YOUR MONEY BUT HAVE A VERY BAD AFTER SALES AND CUSTOMER SERVICE. ESPECIALLY THE STORE IN DRUMMOND STREET IN LONDON UNITED KINGDOM. THE STAFF ARE SO UNPROFESSIONAL AND ACT AS IF THEY ARE DOING A FAVOUR TO A CUSTOMER. I REGRET PURCHASING A CAMERA FROM THEM WITH MY HARD EARNED MONEY AND PROMISE NEVER TO SHOP WITH THEM ANYLONGER. THE STAFF ALWAYS LIE THAT THEY WILL CALL BACK BUT NO ONE EVER CARES TO DO SO. PLEASE BEWARE, "A WORD IS ENOUGH FOR THE WISE""

modified review This review was modified by SLEEKMAN on November 29 2012 04:46:03 AM

"I am a photographer and owner of the premier daylight satge in Chicago,Prairie production. i have a long standing relationship with Calumet.As a studio we serve celeb and national ad campaign photo and film shoots. Calumet has always been flawless in every aspect of what they offer.The business of photography has diminsihed to a sad level and there are what I refer to as weekend warriors that have a limited knowledge of what it is to be a photographer so I can only imagine the challenge any retailer has in dealing with that client base. I as a 35 plus year year pro can say that Calumet is a go to resource for me and my A list clients..."

"Calumet Photo makes a big deal of using the name of Penn Camera. However, when I had a problem with a camera purchased at Penn Camera the employees at Calumet/Penn say they have no records. Now, suddenly I have a $250 paperweight. No attempt to help me. No attempt at customer service. Great way to ruin the name of a once-good-camera store in DC. Buyer beware!"

"Calumet advertised in online newsletter a price for a new tripod and head including an expiry date. They would not honour this price despite having stock. I fully accept this is the right of a vendor - i.e. the situation has changed. My annoyance has been the attitude of the Glasgow store and the fact that despite contacting customer services twice I have had no reply. Poor service. No future custom. "

"I placed an order for a camera and lens package. The web page said to call for quantity on hand. The day after placing my order I received an email saying the item was backordered. I sent an email to the webmaster (who sent the backorder email) asking to cancel my order. I received no response. I then sent an email to customer service, which I should have done in the first place, asking to cancel the order. I received a reply the next day saying my order was cancelled."

"I recently ordered the Canon EF24-70mm f2.8 L series lens from Calumentphoto.com. The ordering process was straight forward and although I ordered it on-line in the early afternoon, the item was picked and shipped on the same day. I received the lens 2-days after placing the order on-line.

In addition, Calument Photo was running a Summer sale, so I received a $75 discount on the lens plus free shipping. I actually called B&H prior to placing the order, however they wouldn't budge from the $1399 price.

Overall, my experience was excellent. Easy ordering, quick shipment, good communication and excellent price.

"I recently ordered a Canon EOS 60D on-line. The order process was very simple; I immediately received an order confirmation, and then received a separate shipping notification on the same day. I received the camera two day after ordering it.
By the way, none of the main competitors (B&H, Adorama, etc.) had the body in stock and Calumetphoto.com offered a “summer” discount which made the total cost $40 less than the others with free shipping included. Oh yeah, I also received a free 8GB memory card.
I’ve read the recent reviews which were not very favorable, however my experience has been top notch.

"Pathetic. I should have heeded the reviews and not ordered. Calumet simply took my money, waited a week and then emailed me that the product was no longer available and that my credit card would be refunded in a few weeks. Haven't got my money back yet.

Never again.

"I ordered a tripod last Dec. It has been back ordered. I called numberous times, the sales person always gave me different reasons or promised to call me back but they didn't. I still haven't got the tripod yet. What should I do?"

"I'm a loyal Adorama/B&H online customer, but once in a while I like to give another a guy a chance. Unfortunately, Calumet and the Boys from Chicago who are allways complaining about NYC don't seem able to or just can't compete with these 2 major retailers. 3 out 4 orders from their store seem to be screwed up. Most recently, I ordered a Calumet 40" Double-Riser Stand Kit with GripHead and Arm, Silver. You would think the word "silver" would give the "Duh" guys in the shipping department a hint instead they sent me a regular Black Light Stand instead of the turtle stand they have advertised another item was back ordered for 2-6 weeks ! Now I have to ship the item back and wait for a replaceent. This is so inconvenient. Sounds like the Ol' bait-and-switch."

"Should have reviewed this reseller before ordering D7000 and lens from them. No wonder Calumet does not participate at reseller rating to monitor feedback, because they don't care to improve their service.

I ordered D7000 and lens in November. They charge the full amount to my credit card, and did not ship out the camera until Feb. I already told them many times not to ship out the lens since I don't have the camera to test. It turned out the lens had problem and they refuse to exchange.

I won't do business with Calumet again. They have very bad business practice and poor customer service. Go with B&H photo and Amazon for your photo equipment

"I ordered a canon rebel t2i camera kit in December 2010. Since the kit was on backorder I asked if they would honor the price at the time I ordered. I was told they would. The price drop at that time amounted to $250. When the camera finally got to calumetphoto the last week of January they charged my credit card the original price plus the $250. When I called to question the extra charge they told me they wouldn't honor their original price. This was my first and last experience with this company.

"refused to exchange un-opened film that I ordered 120 instead of 35mm .
I thought I was buying thru Amazon but they sent the order to Calumet. BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"I still have not received my purchase or even any information about when it will ship."

modified review This review was modified by jonjon5000 on December 27 2010 06:19:57 AM