Product & services pricing Rating 1.67/10 1.67/10

"Their lower prices encouraged me to try them in the first place but I was completely disappointed with their lack of responsibility and poor customer service. I will never again do any kind of business will them and do not recommend them to anyone, based on my sad previous experience with them.

I bought my dog's heart worm prevention pill from California Pet Pharmacy but did not hear back from them about the shipment of my order for several days. I had to call them a few times in order to make them follow up with my vet to get the prescription verification and ship the product. When they finally did these steps, I was told that I will receive the product in a few days.

However, a few days later, I was told that the date on their current pills will be expired before I have enough time to use them. They told me that they will receive a new batch of pills next week and can send me then. I agreed but did not hear back from them for the next 2 weeks after that. I had to call them again and a rude customer service told me that they only have the previous batch of pills with the expiration date earlier than the time I can consume them all. I asked them to adjust the number of pills based on the expiration date in a way that I will have enough time to consume them all. To my surprise, they added extra shipping/handling cost to my invoice in order to send me the pills. At this time, my dog was a month late on his pills and I only wanted to get hand on the pills. So, I agreed to get the pills and pay for the additional shipping/handling cost.

Based on my experience, they have rude customer service, poor follow up on your order, and lack of responsibility that creates a horrible experience. I will never ever buy any product from them and do not recommend them at all.

"Cheap prices got me in, lack of fulfillment and broken promises on order #1 will keep me from returning.

Order placed Nov 5, vet confirmed two days later. Received a call yesterday stating the firm needed my vet's name, which was on the original order. I have ordered these online for the last 5 years and get them within a couple days from every company I've tried, with the exception of California Pet Pharmacy.

After speaking to a representative yesterday, I told her that my dog was in pain without her meds, and her mobility should not be made to suffer due to the complacency of the company. I was assured the meds would be sent out overnight by the representative.

Receiving an email this am stating my order went out today (13th) and I would receive the product in 3-6 days. I detest being lied to.

I will gladly pay a bit more to have an ounce of service.

"Absolutely horrible experience! I order my dog's arthritis medicine on 10/31 because her prescription expired on 11/1. They informed me that there was a generic medicine that was available for half the price so I was very happy to save about $100 on her 6 month supply.

A few days later they informed me that they would need a new prescription written for the generic. I said that I did not understand that because it's was supposedly the same medicine with the same ingredients, just a generic name brand. I told them not to worry about it and just send me the original prescription as authorized by the vet because I had since moved across the country and would not be able to return to meet with the vet for the new prescription.

They said that since it was now 11/4 they would not be able to refill the prescription. I gave them the order number from my original order on 10/31 and they refused to help even though I submitted my order on time. The whole process was horrible and I will never purchase anything from them ever again because now I have to pay for an unexpected vet visit to get a refill which should have been honored in the first place.

California Pet Pharmacy User

"Ordered 12 month supply of Comfortis and Sentinel Spectrum . Received 12 Comfortis but only 6 Spectrum.
Called C.P.P. to inform them that my order was incorrect.
Was told the shipping weight for the order was correct and there is nothing they can do for me.
Wish I had not ordered from them. Would advise anyone else
not to!

"This company has the worst customer service ever! They give you a shipping amount at checkout, then someone calls you to say you owe $20 more for shipping because of the weight and qty of what was ordered. On the phone with cust serv, I ask why this information was not given at checkout and they tell me their website is under construction...how convenient when everything else seems complete. Cust serv rep was so rude to me and lied to me about when they called me compared to when they sent the fax to my vet. I followed up with an email to let them know how dissatisfied I was with the outcome of my phone call and was told that the rep who assisted me gave me options..."Pay the $20 or cancel the order." How unbelievably rude!"

modified review This review was modified by SD2773 on February 24 2014 01:09:03 PM

"The online pharmacy I previously used to buy flea&tick medicine was out of stock for quite a while, so I went in search of a new supplier. This place had the cheapest price by far, but mixed reviews here. I gave them a shot anyways, and everything went swimmingly. I ordered on a Saturday afternoon, immediately received an order confirmation email, and literally two minutes later received an email from a customer service rep stating that they had faxed an Rx form to my vet. I don't know when the vet got back to them, but the product shipped the following Tuesday. The tracking info they supplied didn't actually work, and their website was a little ambiguous, stating that they were still waiting to hear back from my vet but also that the product had already shipped. They estimated 3-7 days ship time, and it arrived in 3, so I didn't get to the point of inquiring about the tracking number or status listed on the website. Overall I was very pleased and will be using them again in the future."

"for three consecutive months ordered denosyl chewables, they continue to send the wrong item. they send the corrected item, but weeks go by until the issue is resolved. the shipping manager is always out running errands."

"This was my first order with California Pet Pharmacy. I switched over from another pharmacy and could not be happier with my decision. The customer service was extremely helpful and nice, they handled all of the leg work and to top it off they have the cheapest prices!

I used one of those companies that present themselves to be an American company before and got burned. My advice to everyone is, if the pricing looks way too good to be true then it is. Those companies are usually located outside the US and sell fake stuff.

California Pet Pharmacy is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

California Pet Pharmacy is not a merchant member
California Pet Pharmacy does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!