Stores > California Pet Pharmacy
  • California Pet

Voice your opinion! Review California Pet Pharmacy by clicking a star below.
2017-04-14

Horrible Do NOT Use!!

"3Days after I place my order they send me a email saying they could only refill half of prescription! I said ok then the next day I get another email saying they need a new prescription so I call them because there are several refills left on prescription! I wait for almost a hour to speak with someone who is totally clueless! She finally says we will get it processed and hopefully it will ship out Monday ! I said NO I ordered this 3 days ago and paid for upgraded shipping and was expecting my prescriptions today so because this is your error you need to overnight ship it to me! she gets a manager! this manager is so rude and try to give me every excuse in the book and says they are not overnighting it and pretty much OH well if they messed up!! this is a very important heart medication that ordered and i can not wait WEEKS for you to ship it to me!! when you make a mistake ! you fix it!! i will never do business with them again!!!"

2017-01-31

They do not tell you if an item is backordered

"I've ordered several meds over the past couple of years with no problems; good delivery time, etc. I've been waiting for 2 weeks for my latest order, only to be told when I called CPP that the item is backordered. Has been unavailable all this time and they never bothered to email me so I could try to get it elsewhere. I see from other reviews that this behavior is not unusual.

The last email I got from the CPP was thanked for the order and included a link to check the status of the shipment. The status still says they are waiting on the vet's approval, although, when I called CPP a week ago, I was told the approval had been obtained from the vet and the order would probably ship "tomorrow'. That was a week ago. When it was apparently not in stock all the time.

2016-06-30

GREAT SERVICE

"I've used CPP 4 times so far for my baby Max's heart drugs. Always fast and easy to work with. I'm in Texas and get my order in 2 days."

2016-06-14

Fast and Accurate

"I found Cali Pet Pharmacy after a bad experience with another pharmacy. They were very fast in processing an important medication (vetmedin) for my dog. My order shipped on Friday and I got it on Monday afternoon. GREAT JOB!"

2016-04-06

Fast and easy ordering!

"First time using California Pet Pharmacy for my pet Bubbles. I have more than one pet, so saving money on medication really helps! I ordered and received updates (phone and email) throughout the order process! Which I appreciated because the last company I used left me in the dark for a couple days. I received my order within the first couple days of ordering. I will be sure to continue to use them for Bubbles! "

2015-09-07

"I have been ordering heartworm medications from California Pet Pharmacy for two years. My last order was slow in arriving and the box was crushed.

I ordered six (6) boxes of Iverhart Max on 08/11/2015 @ 4:41 PM with Shipping Method: 3-7 days for Orders over $100 FREE SHIPPING

The prescription went out in the next day's snail-mail. 08/12/2015 (USPS 1st Class)

Because of an email from CPP, I know they received the prescription on or before 08/18/2015. That same day, USPS Tracking Information was created: August 18, 2015 at 7:48 AM Shipping Label Created HAYWARD, CA 94545

The shipping method was 3-7 days. I actually received the shipment on 08/31/2015. NINE (9) business days after Prescription was received and tracking information was sent to USPS. Initially, after several business days, I checked the shipment status using the USPS link and tracking number in the email CPP sent. It never showed any progress until the day it was actually delivered, when it had “Out for Delivery LONGWOOD, FL 32750 August 31, 2015 7:35 AM

The order arrived in crushed box. Inside, the boxes of Iverhart Max were also seriously crushed. The medication itself remained intact in their plastic & foil package. Not only am I disappointed in the past due delivery, but also CPP did not have ANY packing material in the shipping box to prevent it from being crushed. (air pillows? bubble wrap? peanuts?)

2015-08-13

"THIS COMPANY IS A SCAM, TAKES YOUR MONEY AND THEN DOES NOT SHIP YOUR PRODUCT ONLINE REVIEWS SAY ANIMALS HAVE SUFFERED AND EVEN DIED AFTER TAKING MEDS FROM THIS COMPANY. BEWARE"

2015-06-15

"For those of you using Azodyl DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT ORDER FROM WWW.CALIFORNIAPETPHARMACY.COM! I found what I thought was a good deal online, so I went ahead and ordered it, along with the ice pack. Of course, it's too good to be true: Today I get an email saying that there's a link and that I need to pay $45 for FedEx delivery, that I didn't see! I went back to the website and there was nothing there. I'm outraged, and immediately cancelled my order."

2015-03-03

"Horrible company. Horrendous customer service. Takes forever to get the medication. Non accomodating. Do not use them spend a little more and go somewhere else."

2015-02-15

"Absoluteley terrible, I will never purchase from them again! I live in upstate New York and ordered two medication medications for my dog. The day before it shipped I received an email which I opened the following morning, by which time the shipment was already sent. The email said if you live in inclement weather to consider alternate shipping methods, but it did not give me time to contact them because they shipped immediatley after their email. It took over a week for the order to be delivered, and the temperature at the time was below zero. Their representative said it was too late, no refunds, no returns. They went on to say their pharmacist said the medicaiton would be fine. I spoke to a rep at the manufacturer who said it would not be fine, and at that temerature would be less than effective. I will never order from thi disreputable company again! Their customer service was horrible, and basically told me "oh well, bad luck for you"!!

2015-02-05

"They not only sent circle shaped pills after I called to confirm they were diamond shaped (easier for cutting), but my cat seemed to have a reaction to their sub par generic version. She has been on the medication for a couple months with no problem until I gave her the one they sent. Poor customer service. They told me I was mistaken that I asked the shape of the pill. No, you are mistaken to tell your customer they are wrong. Stay AWAY from this place."

2014-11-28

"Their lower prices encouraged me to try them in the first place but I was completely disappointed with their lack of responsibility and poor customer service. I will never again do any kind of business will them and do not recommend them to anyone, based on my sad previous experience with them.

I bought my dog's heart worm prevention pill from California Pet Pharmacy but did not hear back from them about the shipment of my order for several days. I had to call them a few times in order to make them follow up with my vet to get the prescription verification and ship the product. When they finally did these steps, I was told that I will receive the product in a few days.

However, a few days later, I was told that the date on their current pills will be expired before I have enough time to use them. They told me that they will receive a new batch of pills next week and can send me then. I agreed but did not hear back from them for the next 2 weeks after that. I had to call them again and a rude customer service told me that they only have the previous batch of pills with the expiration date earlier than the time I can consume them all. I asked them to adjust the number of pills based on the expiration date in a way that I will have enough time to consume them all. To my surprise, they added extra shipping/handling cost to my invoice in order to send me the pills. At this time, my dog was a month late on his pills and I only wanted to get hand on the pills. So, I agreed to get the pills and pay for the additional shipping/handling cost.

Based on my experience, they have rude customer service, poor follow up on your order, and lack of responsibility that creates a horrible experience. I will never ever buy any product from them and do not recommend them at all.

2014-11-13

"Cheap prices got me in, lack of fulfillment and broken promises on order #1 will keep me from returning.

Order placed Nov 5, vet confirmed two days later. Received a call yesterday stating the firm needed my vet's name, which was on the original order. I have ordered these online for the last 5 years and get them within a couple days from every company I've tried, with the exception of California Pet Pharmacy.

After speaking to a representative yesterday, I told her that my dog was in pain without her meds, and her mobility should not be made to suffer due to the complacency of the company. I was assured the meds would be sent out overnight by the representative.

Receiving an email this am stating my order went out today (13th) and I would receive the product in 3-6 days. I detest being lied to.

I will gladly pay a bit more to have an ounce of service.

2014-11-04

"Absolutely horrible experience! I order my dog's arthritis medicine on 10/31 because her prescription expired on 11/1. They informed me that there was a generic medicine that was available for half the price so I was very happy to save about $100 on her 6 month supply.

A few days later they informed me that they would need a new prescription written for the generic. I said that I did not understand that because it's was supposedly the same medicine with the same ingredients, just a generic name brand. I told them not to worry about it and just send me the original prescription as authorized by the vet because I had since moved across the country and would not be able to return to meet with the vet for the new prescription.

They said that since it was now 11/4 they would not be able to refill the prescription. I gave them the order number from my original order on 10/31 and they refused to help even though I submitted my order on time. The whole process was horrible and I will never purchase anything from them ever again because now I have to pay for an unexpected vet visit to get a refill which should have been honored in the first place.

2014-08-28

"Ordered 12 month supply of Comfortis and Sentinel Spectrum . Received 12 Comfortis but only 6 Spectrum.
Called C.P.P. to inform them that my order was incorrect.
Was told the shipping weight for the order was correct and there is nothing they can do for me.
Wish I had not ordered from them. Would advise anyone else
not to!

Share California Pet Pharmacy's store rating

California Pet Pharmacy is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

California Pet Pharmacy is not a merchant member
California Pet Pharmacy does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!